Fevered Dreams

Game Master JonGarrett

Website of Fun


1,801 to 1,850 of 2,934 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>

Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai nodded in agreement with Remington and Cerise though she was still considering what was being said. To her ears, it sounded like whoever was saying one of the gunman's guns was the sword. The sword might only become the sword that helps deal with the town if someone worthy picked it up, but that didn't mean anyone else couldn't use it's magic at all - especially with things as they are. Maybe they could get Cottin to check through the weapons they'd taken from him.

Nurai sent another text to Valda to check the dwarf didn't have any other small weapons hidden. Just in case, it would best to check all his weapons that they could to check.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

"So" whispered Aurora to Jim "Is that gun we found the Sword? We should have asked the guy about it. Can I check it out?"


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

Jim was still patching himself up in the bathroom and only half-listening to the conversation. When Aurora mentioned the gun, Jim looked quite intrigued. "That's an idea, but I think Remington has it."


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

Remington blinks in surprise and hands the gun over.

"If it is the Sword of Fever, I definitely want to shoot it at least once."


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

****ing machine, eating my ****ing posts, I'll ****ing show you!

"Wouldn't we all? I imagine that thing can go with quite a bang," the voice replied, reminding you that you were all still on the speaker phone. "As for the Wards...well, you know we plan to break them, right? So we know how they were built, how they work, where the sites are, along with the rituals and materials needed to build them. And destroy them. It's a shame. From what I'm told, they're pretty damned solid even without a King. But here's a freebie - needs must."

Nurai:
The text from Valda responded, Thanks for the heads up, it confirms what he told us. Well, somewhat. He claims he made a deal with an Inevitable. How a chaotic little snot like him could do that, I have no idea.


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

Or rather, needs mustn't. Not unless people came up with a much better explanation for their actions. Keeping people in the dark so you could impose your will on them was not cool. Freaking Baby Boomers.


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

"And would you tell us what these needs are?"


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"For the sword and my friend? Sure. If that's what you want." He paused. "Although honestly, I'd ask for a few mil too. S'not my money, so I don't care."


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

Looking at Nurai, Remington shakes his head from side-to-side while making a slashing motion at his neck with his fingertips. He's ready to hang up.

Obviously, anyone else who wants to talk can, but Remington doesn't think we should talk any further. I'll have him explain why when the call is done.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai looked unsure and uneasy as the others were talking with the speaker phone on but didn't want to interrupt them.

The summoner was distracted as her phone pinged for Valda's message and her mannerisms went from unsure to clearly surprised and far more uncomfortable.

She nodded to Remington's gesture, though she took moment to worked her jaw before saying, "I agree with that, clearly worth it...how about you give us an hour or so to talk it over and check some things and we can give an offer when you call back? We can arrange the inevitable handover then..." her tone a casual professionalism, her posture tense.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"Wait, wha-". The phone disconnected with the usual click, and didn't instantly start ringing again.


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

"Who was that?" Jim asked from the back bathroom as he finished bandaging himself. An IV ran into his arm from a bag hanging on the shower curtain rod and he was stripped down to an A-shirt on top, revealing a few tattoos and scars that had been hidden by his jacket.
"They can probably track that phone." He added with mild concern.


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

"That was nobody who can help us," Remington explains. "They're probably the hired help, so engaging with them isn't going to stop whomever's really behind this. We may have to confront them later, so returning their comrade and a weapon is not going to help us, and it certainly wouldn't be worth whatever information they might give us."

Jim Seeker wrote:

"Who was that?" Jim asked from the back bathroom as he finished bandaging himself. An IV ran into his arm from a bag hanging on the shower curtain rod and he was stripped down to an A-shirt on top, revealing a few tattoos and scars that had been hidden by his jacket.

"They can probably track that phone." He added with mild concern.

"I was concerned that they were stalling, so your explanation makes sense."


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

"So, if they are trying to bring down the Wards... Are we supposed to give the Sword to a worthy King, Lady-of-the-Lake-style? Ah, Remington, can we check that gun?"


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

"Finding a new king won't stop these guys. They killed the last one." Jim said as he plucked out the IV and put his overshirt back on.
"Finding a rightful king could take some time. We have to deal with these guys pronto, you know?" He dodged into a side room and came back with a new jacket.
"Which is why I think we should sell them the sword."


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84
Aurora Goodberry wrote:
"So, if they are trying to bring down the Wards... Are we supposed to give the Sword to a worthy King, Lady-of-the-Lake-style? Ah, Remington, can we check that gun?"

Remington already handed it over.

Jim Seeker wrote:
"Which is why I think we should sell them the sword."

"Explain."


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

Aurora raised an eyebrow. "Then we attack as we make the exchange? It looks like they're taking precautions against that."
She took the gun and examined it, reaching out to the weapon as she did with her armor, looking for magic to resonate with the wielder.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai stared at the phone, lost in thought before being brought back by the others talking. While still smiling slightly, her natural good nature had an edge to it.

"By the sudden hangup, I'd guess the ones he and Mr-Shoots-a-lot are working for. with. have a deal with were listening in. I might have overplayed my hand a bit but... Valda sent me a message...Shooty says that was part of a deal with an Inevitable. They serve Law above all and hate chaos - and their definition of chaos tends to be very broad. Maybe they're tied up in a contract or maybe they think they can make Fever more in their image of order or maybe he was talking bunk... In any case, just to appear to have an Inevitable, they'll likely have a lot of protections. I agree with Jim though, if we get contact, arranging a meet-up of some sorts is likely best and talking about selling the sword is the only thing I can think of that will encourage it on our terms. Might be time to bring Cottin back in to look at that..." she said with a glance to the gun as Aurora looked at it. Nurai had little interest in messing with the possible artefact with magical powers and responsibilities but looked on with interest at the others' working with it.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The gun didn't respond. There was no obvious way to make it resonate. Either it was already bonded to another, or this wasn't the sword.


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

"Strange women lying in ponds who chuck swords at people aren't a good basis for a system of government." Cerise said dutifully.


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

"I'm lost, here. I can't imagine any scenario where giving The Sword of Fever to these people is ultimately going to help us in any way. I know I asked them about the Wards, but that information is really only incidental. We should be finding a new King, giving him the sword, and supporting him while he renews the Wards. Yes, this will most likely involve a showdown with whoever they are," Remington gestures at the headset, "but we can't do that if we give up the Sword."


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

"Like I said, amigo, finding the right king could take more time than we have, all while these characters are trying to undermine us. We've got to play this one faster." Jim donned the jacket and began checking his guns.
"So we give them the sword, they are going to take it to their top guy. He is going to make himself king, one way or another. That's going to be the guy behind all this. So before he crowns himself, we take away his royal vida." He explained as he released the slide on one weapon and put it away.
"Unless you got a better idea for taking this guy down. But we got to take him down."


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai considered while listening to the others, "Nothing came up when they called and they've likely well blocked any attempts we could make to trace. They're either going to call back to make a deal which we can try to turn into a trap or they'll try it by force so we need to be prepared. I suggest for now we see if we can find Cottin or another of the Fey people who can check these over and then once we get it confirmed, we're going to need a few tracers. Since the qualifier we know of is "has what they think is the town's best interest at heart", I'd guess there are a few potential candidates and nothing we can really search to find any of the possible King, Queen, Archon-types other than being out there with people - maybe the sword reacts near one or something - for now we need to figure out if this is it and find a way to protect and trace it against the worst... before she grabbed the dwarf's phone and pocketted it with her own.


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

"I can agree with that. Confirm it, protect it, and most importantly, track it." Jim nodded to Nurai. "They should let you be in charge."


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

Cerise kept her mouth shut - she wasn't especially smart or good at planning, especially on subjects like this. She was the muscle to pound in faces and protect others when things inevitably went south... but it was always nice to know everyone else expected it, too.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai chuckled and shook her head as if his comment was amusing, "Nononononono, just trying to be helpful and still not sure my advice will work..." said the kayal woman who didn't really like anything that remotely sounded like being responsible for the outcomes or fully for others other than her shadow. She still felt a bit off for having gone overboard with it earlier. It was one of many reasons she was an Avatar of Love without Beloveds.

She checked her pockets again and pulled out her own phone and the keys. "I'm going to text Cottin...anything else you all want to do?"

Cottin:
"Hi Cottin, this is Nurai from earlier today with the milkshakes. Do you still want to help us check out some things? Happy to meet you or pick you up somewhere. Thanks ~N*A<3

Knowledge Local - place to recommend, thinking better that it's not hard to get to but not very exposed for doing this, bonus if it's near/by a potential ward: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Nurai:
[b]Dude, been waiting for you guys to call! That and playing this really pulsing song. Just tell me where and when.[b]


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

Jim pulled out his phone and texted Valda before putting his bandolier back on under his jacket. "I think we'd better get moving from here either way, amigos. If they traced that call, all they'll find when they show up is a... hot mess." Jim smirked as he thought of the incendiary traps he'd planted in the house.
They probably weren't up to code.

Valda:
"Yo V, it's Jim. I'm working on an idea, but I'm going to need a little help."


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

"Agreed" she replied as she unlocked her pinging phone and smiled at the quick and eager response.

Starting to move to leave, Nurai cheerfully said, "Cottin is ready to go, just need to figure out a where that won't leave us too exposed and won't scare any of the locals while we look at guns..."

Cottin:
"Glad to hear you're having fun, we're getting ready to head out now, just deciding on the where. Needs to be not busy like where we met since some of this involves checking out weapons - don't want to scare people. Any ideas? ~N*A<3"


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Jim:
What do you need? We'll see if we can help you out. Unless it's large sums of money or nudes. I can only help with one of those.

Nurai:
Yeah, the norms can be odd about stuff. Head to Warpgate Games. It's outside the city centre and has private rooms.


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

Cerise hummed a bit and got what few things she had as Nurai started getting ready to leave. As long as a girl had her smartphone, she could spend quite a lot of time entertained - ah, modern technology really was the best.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai looked in mild confusion at the message. She had been thinking more like a forest area or a closed business parking lot, not a private room in an open business, but she'd trust Cottin's judgement on this. She used her phone to get directions from where they are before she looked to the others, "Have a meetup spot with Cottin. We're going to need to take the weapons in without anyone else seeing them which I believe is your expertise, Jim. Anyone have anything they need to do or a stop they want to make on the way?" Nurai said as she got ready to leave...


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

Remington's mouth twists. "I'm not completely on board with this plan, but if this is what we're doing...."

He points at Jim. "I think you should stay invisible the whole time and try to follow where they go after the exchange. Magic can do amazing things, but if they can block a spell that would let us follow the Sword, a back-up means of tracking them is the smart play."

Next, he addresses everyone. "We've been kind of general about what we're exchanging the dwarf and Sword for. We're asking for information about Fever's Wards, correct? I suggest we ask them to name the Wards they know of (active or not), which ones are still active, how they've deactivated the ones they've already visited, and to explain why their benefactor is destroying the wards. For that last one, we may have to insist on their best guess.

"They mentioned a zone of truth spell. Do any of you know that spell or something similar? Or someone we can bring in for that? A place to buy a scroll?"


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

"As much as I love turning invisible, I can't do it for too long. And still kinda hurt from nearly being shot to death. I'm thinking maybe tomorrow is better for this plan, si?"


Cerise shrugged slightly. "I punch things and take blows so you don't have to." she noted. When she was on jobs like this, she was a simple woman. Performances were more fun, but nothing quite brought the satisfaction of beating evil down.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Once you were ready to move out it was relatively simple to find the store in question, with Cottin standing outside, Ymerson leaning on the wall next to her. He waves you over cheerfully and around the side, into a side room. "I figured you were trying to be all subtle and stuff, so I got them to open the side door. Mind, you could walk through the door in steam driven power armour and the people outside would just talk about the cosplay. So, whatcha need from me?"


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

Aurora propped Geidihr against a door. One of the advantages of a soulbound spear was that it would always answer her summon, and adamantine was mostly indestructible. The enchanted armor changed into jeans and a black T-shirt as she came out of the house. "Well, I'm mostly with Cerise on this one, although I'm more of a stabby girl. Punching comes second."

"Oooh, steampunk armor looks so nice." she muses to the guys next to the store "Wouldn't it be hot, though? You have to keep coal burning."

For another week I'll be on-again off-again but I'm mostly back.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"Magic, one would assume," Ymerson replied. "Although the last time we did it we had to make sure to use other than iron, or Cottin kinda...smoulders."


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai nodded with a smile as she entered the side room. At the talk of Cottin smouldering, she lets out an amused faux-wince, "Ouch, yeah...hopefully none of the weapons here do that while we go through checking them for the glamours we talked about earlier..."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

"Well, heat's not so bad." Cerise said - but then, she'd more-or-less shrugged off a grenade to the torso, so her standards probably weren't worth taking seriously. "I feel like good vents could solve a lot of the problem, and if you focused on energy efficiency besides..."


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Cottin examines the gun you got from the Gunslinger. "Well, it's a gun. It...porbably shoots bullets. Some magic, and a really weird device in it. It...narrows the barrel?" He shrugged,and squinted closer. "Bet they used magic to reload it though. Shoving powder and shot down the barrel would be really noticeable."


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

Jim holds out his hand to take the gun back. "Kinda noticeable holding it out in the open, too. Let me take care of that."
If Cottin yields it up, Jim stashes it in his bandolier where it disappears miraculously into a seemingly shallow pouch.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai raised her eyebrows, pondering for a moment before she chose to try to bring Cottin and Ymerson up to date, "What we know so far is that someone is trying to take down the wards, that they think doing so is needed for some reason, they have at least a few people working for them, and they want the owner of that gun and the King's sword. Since no one here is seeing the King's sword in that gun, and they think we have both, they must not have any more idea of the sword than we do. There are pros and cons to this situation but it is still an awkward one especially if the gunman is telling the truth about an inevitable being involved..." she sighed, leaning the wall of the room against her shadow.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Cottin passes the gun back cheerfully, careful not to touch the metal. "Well, the sword is a tricky thing. I always wondered if one of my people helped make it. I know it doesn't have iron in it. Actually...I don't know what it is made of, now that I think of it."

Ymerson added, "If you don't have the sword, and they don't have the sword, then either it's still where it fell or a third party has it."


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

For the life of her, Cerise couldn't figure out how Miyu did investigative work for a living. Cerise would have abandoned the job by day two and started looking for something a little more fun. (...And possibly more likely to involve punching foul creatures in their ugly faces. What? A girl had to have fun somehow.)


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

"Back at square one and a half, it seems. We have a meeting with psychopaths who think we have the Sword, we don't have it and have pretty much no idea where it could be. Now I have a nagging doubt, did we explore the rest of the safehouse or did we miss a room? Perhaps Mr. Cottin's senses could help us double-check the place?"


Male. Mostly. Human. Mostly. Archaeologist

You searched the whole of the safehouse that you noticed. That doesn't mean you found everything in it, of course.


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

Jim ponders a bit, then pulls out the shotgun again. "It doesn't really matter, does it? We just demand to hand it off to whoever is their boss, and then we handle that guy the old-fashioned way. Who does or doesn't have the sword isn't so important. What matters is they think we have the sword, si?"


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

"If we're gonna be taking on a group outside of the original contract, I'm going to need to get some higher pay." Cerise noted. She'd only signed on for so much, after all. Fortunately, she was pretty sure her employer could cover it - and, in fact, had probably already planned to do so. Working with someone with knowledge of the future could be... interesting.


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

"Yeah, for the moment, sure. But then, without a King and his Sword, the Wards will deteriorate eventually, or so I seem to have understood. And it doesn't look like a suitable candidate is just going to stumble across it."

1,801 to 1,850 of 2,934 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fevered Dreams All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.