Fevered Dreams

Game Master JonGarrett

Website of Fun


1,401 to 1,450 of 2,943 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>

Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai's attention moved back to the bird. "Yeah, checking it out is what we're doing..." she said, referring to herself and her shadow, in a distracted tone as she tried to figure out what the bird wanted. She was used to figuring out gestures, though not usually from the feathered types...

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

...Nurai had thought that the bird was there to give a message but as they moved farther on Nurai got the impression the bird wanted as many of them to follow as possible. That was even more concerning. She had wanted to give the others more time to do what they were doing, but now she worried that was not time Aurora might have.

Grabbing her phone from her pocket, concern in her voice, "I'll text Cerise, you grab Remington." she said as she slowed her walk to text. Unless she tried to hide, Nurai was pretty easy to spot in broad daylight which she hoped would make it easier for the others to track her down.

Cerise's phone:
Nurai Ayaulmkyzy<3: Cerise, concern has come up, please join us asap if you can. I'm down the road.


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

Jim hated to make a re-appearance into the garage and blow both his own and Remmington's cover, so he pulled out his phone and dialed up the number he'd been given for the strange fellow. He put on his best mid-western accent and prepared to say just one thing: "Time to go."


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Boarded House:
They are not undead, no.
One of the three fell as it was tripped, but the other two moved in to continue the battle. It was obvious on the next attack they would shift into flanking positions.

Returned 1 - Slam 1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Returned 1 - Slam 2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Returned 2 - Slam 1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Returned 2 - Slam 2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

The Garage (Waiting Room):
The woman is disassembling. What she's saying is partially correct, but she's framing it in a way that it doesn't mean what it sounds like.

The man shook his head. "I'm sure I saw a picture that looked just like you. An old photograph or something?"

Remington's phone began to ring.

Candy Shop:
The shop owner appeared. "Do you want to make a copy, dear?" Cerise's phone began to buzz at an incomming message appeared.


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

"You probably saw an old painting, most likely," Remington replies as he distractedly digs out his phone and answers it.

Jim Seeker wrote:
"Time to go."

"Confound it," he whispers to himself as he glances towards the door.

"Sir; Ma'am." He tips his hat. "I would love to know more about the company you're analyzing a system for, should we see each other again. But something's come up."

He heads out the door and hustles over to the others.

"They're not completely on the up and up. Do we have the means to locate them later?" he asks Jim and Nurai.


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

"Yes, please." Cerise said, looking down at her phone. "It looks like they need me outside, but I'll be back to pick that up when I can. Thanks for the help!" With that, she hurried outside... then crouched down and took off at a run down the road, aiming to catch up to Nurai as soon as possible. The whole reason she was here at all was to protect the others, so if they had concerns, she had every intention of being there to help.


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

The Boarded House:

Aurora laughs cruelly as the only blow to strike her does nothing but further anger Reginleif. "You have no hope! How many times do I have to teach you this lesson?"
The girl let go of the spear, only to have it appear in her hand for a sideway thrust. The fight was starting to look like a demented game of bowling with sticks as she kept on moving and shifting her opponents one against another.

Attack, impale: 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 11 + 1 - 2 = 29
Reposition: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 1 = 21
Trip: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 11 + 1 = 16

Free to re-summon Geidihr out of the foe, another free to stop Sacred Weapon. Standard to attack and impale, reposition the one I struck to make it harder for them to flank me, then the trip attempt. I'll provoke from the other, but keep the one on the ground within reach.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Seeing the four of you together, the bird cawed loudly and moved to the next post, clearly waiting for you all to follow.

The Boarded House:
Able to shift, but not trip, one of the creatures Aurora waited for the returning series of blows.

Returned 1 - Attack 1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Returned 1 - Attack 2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Returned 2 - Attack 1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Returned 2 - Attack 2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Returned 3 - Attack 1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Returned 3 - Attack 2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Despite her usual resiliance, she felt the attacks more than she might have otherwise done. "Adapt."

[ooc]They are reducing your DR by 5.[/dice]


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

Jim didn't really understand it, but he moved as quickly as he could and followed the bird.


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

Cerise was more confused than anything else, but began to follow along with the others. What, precisely, was going on here...?


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

I think we can assume that all four of us follow the bird, at this point.


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

I knew someone was going to say something.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai picked up her pace as she answered Remington's question and attempted an explanation for everyone, "We have their license number and you've seen them which will help us find them later. That will have to do for now. I was hoping for more time to figure them and any threat they pose out, but that bird is Aurora's and them being here without her is not a good sign..." Keeping an eye on the bird, Nurai tried to keep an eye on the surroundings as her mind raced.

The shadow moved closer to their summoner in preperation for her requests if the worst were to be found, leaving Nurai with an appearence of an uneven circle of darkness around her with no other shadow...

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

"Okay."

↑ Top notch roleplaying I'm doing, gang. Amazing.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Superb characterization.

Leading you - slowly, given your two-legged nature and need to go around buildings - the bird leads you all to the boarded up and burnt out building.


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

Remington tries to listen for any indication why the bird brought them here.

Take 10 on Perception = 20


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

"...Cerise smash?" the Sparkle Princess asked, looking at the closest entrance to the burned-out building. She wasn't sure if they were going to need to bust their way inside or not, but she was fairly confident in her ability to do that if needed. (That, and since she hadn't done much but look pretty yet, she did want to show off a little and demonstrate that she could be relied on if need be.)


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

Jim held up his hand reflexively to signal everyone to stop. He glanced over the area looking for the safest entrance, then addressed the group. "Let me go in first. If you hear gunfire, come quick." His hands twitched near his sides, where two pistols materialized out of the air. Then, in the same way, Jim vanished entirely.
Invisible recon time!


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

As the group came to stop at an abandoned building, Nurai took a moment to cast Detect Magic and looked around them to see if there were any signs of Aurora and how much the place was overlooked. She needed to consider how much she could unleash by the risks in the environment - and much she needed to by the magic there.

Turning to Cerise with a small amused smile, Nurai said, "I've no issue with smash, we need to find Aurora quickly. A less visible spot might be better but do what you need to do...hopefully the invisible guy can stay out of the way of the smash...".

Nurai debated the stealth approach but as Jim had that covered and her concern that if Aurora was injured, trapped, or being attacked and needing a distraction, she tried a different approach and called out loudly, Aurora! as she kept trying to find signs of the teenager...

Perception + Detect Magic: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 Do I hear her?


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

Invisible things? Huh. That might be... interesting... to handle. Nodding to Nurai, though, Cerise began darting forward and and trying to locate whatever was going on here. The sooner she could intercept a problem, the better. And if anything was in the way? ...Well, she liked to stick to her strengths, and smashing was her strengths.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Aurora does indeed hear a call from the front, but only just over the din of battle.

Nurai sensed lingering remnants of magic on the wooden slab covering the board. Something had moved it, recently, back into place - nails and all.

It looked like the choices for entry were limited - heavy boards covered both the doors and windows on the ground floor. A fire escape to the side of the building lead up to other, less secure windows, some still with soot-dark glass in them, but as was common for such things the ladder was several feet off the ground.

You're going to need a DC 20 Acrobatics or Strength check to either rip off some boards or to grab a fire escape.


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

Walking right up to the boards, Cerise exhaled, then grabbed onto them and began to heave.

Strength: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

They were stuck on pretty darn well, though - and while they creaked alarmingly, they didn't actually begin to pull out. A bit of help, though - anyone else aiding, or perhaps a small boost to her considerable strength - would probably be enough to get through.


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

Invisible Jim leapt up to grab a fire escape.
acrobatics: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
If I can lower it for the others I will.


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

Not realizing where Jim is, Remington makes his own way up the fire escape. After drawing his sword, he kicks in the window to duck inside.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

After taking a moment to consider the odd magically boarded up door, Nurai followed the others towards the fire escape. She called out again, "Aurora!" as she saw the ladder come down and Remington kick in one of the broken windows. She tried Detect Magic again...

Perception + Detect Magic: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

The blows, stronger than expected, surprised Aurora, but she laughed fiercely hearing her name being called. "Cavalry's here! Come, friends, there are foes enough for everyone!"

Totem of War 6/8
Serendipity 4/8

As help was underway, she ripped Geidihr from the foe's body and kept on the defensive, stepping backwards to offer the foe's flank to her soon-to-arrive companions.
Move action to remove the spear, if it can bleed it takes 1d8 ⇒ 3 bleed damage. Standard action: total defense.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Entering on the 1st floor, the window led to a corridor. Smoke damage and charring left it a dismal, blackened mess, with door, in particular, being charred into a mass, the keyhole and handle having flowed down the door like wax thanks to the heat. That the door survived at all was a testament of its construction.

A barely discernable sign at the end held what was left of the words 'Stair Well'.

Boarded House (Ground Floor):

The creatures looked up, towards the side of the building. "A shame." In one fluid movement it flowed back together, swinging its fists with blinding speed. "Time to finish."

Slam 1: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
Damage: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Slam 2: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16
Damage: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

Perception to hear Aurora: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
"We are coming amiga!"

original post (what I probably should do):

Jim went running for the door and threw his body at it, which nobody would really know except for the sound of footsteps and a *thud*.
Charge that door!: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 2 = 20 gave myself +2 charge bonus, otherwise treating it as raw strength check

new idea (what I *want* to do):

Jim went running for the door and leapt into the air for a flying forward kick, drawing his pistols and shooting at the hinges and tongue holding the door in place.
Flying kick! TWF: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 2 - 2 = 21, Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
+1 Light Pistol barrage: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 18, Damage: 2d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2, 4) + 1 + 1 = 8, Sneak? Going for precision damage right?: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 2) = 11
MW Light Pistol barrage: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 13, Damage: 2d4 + 1 ⇒ (3, 3) + 1 = 7, Sneak?: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 2) = 12


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

Cerise sighed slightly as she watched others go for the ladder...

Strength: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

...and with another heave, ripped off the boards covering the door. If people were hurt and needed to leave fast, it would be better to have the main entrance cleared. Booting the door in, she darted forward and began heading towards the sounds of trouble.


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

For the record I expected people to go with you. But Jim is a sneak so this is more his style.


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84
Jim Seeker wrote:
For the record I expected people to go with you. But Jim is a sneak so this is more his style.

Yeah, me too. Didn't mean to start a route. Also, Jim: You're invisible, so nobody can see your awesome flying kick and bullet flurry.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft
Remington Intrepid Pike wrote:
Jim: You're invisible, so nobody can see your awesome flying kick and bullet flurry.

I know but you can bet you're all going to get an earful about it later.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Cerise rips the wooden panel off, nails and all, revealing the corridor into the the hallway...just as Aroura was punched by a looming creature made of pitch black ink. "New toy?"

A moment later an unseen force kicked the door open.

I didn't do the shooty version because I'm unclear on how Jim could have kicked the door from the first floor all the way down to the ground floor without some flight magic, or possibly a jetpack. Or being possessed by the spirit of Bruce Lee.


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

"You wish! Get off of her!" Cerise answered. She clenched a fist, and as she did so, little sparkles of light began to gather around it. The glow was briefly reflected in her eyes as she called on the powers within her and shot forward, throwing a straight punch right towards the center of the inky blob. She didn't know what it was or what it wanted, but if it was hurting one of her companions here, she wanted to bring it down.

Spending 1 Sparkle Point to Maul the enemy, increasing her BAB by +2 (to match her character level) for this strike.
Unarmed Strike (Maul): 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 2 = 14

Alas, that... probably wasn't enough this time around. Unless it has really low AC? XD


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

Oh, that's right. In Europe, the ground floor and the 1st floor are not the same thing. I'm assuming that if those of us on the higher level can see the pitch black monster, we can get down to him pretty easy?

Assessing the situation, Remington leaps down to the lower level...

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17

...breaking his fall with a roll that he turns into a run as he moves towards his target. When he reaches the thing fighting Aurora, he plunges his rapier into it.

Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
Daage: 1d6 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 6 = 13


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

Aurora dodged one blow and caught another in the shoulder guard.
"Glad to see you! And good job, Reason! I'd have handled this myself, but this thing kept splitting and merging back, and I thought I could use the help."

Her words were punctuated by a mighty but inaccurate thrust of the adamantine weapon.

As long as you're near me, you benefit from Serendipity and Totem of War, for +1 to attack, AC and saves, and +2 to weapon damage.
Attack, impale: 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 11 + 1 - 2 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 2 = 20


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai followed Cerise back to the main magicked up door. She nodded in appreciation of Cerise's strength before heading inside the abandoned building. Dim enclosed areas...Nurai preferred a starlit forest, but the shadow felt quite at home as they moved up to fully join their summoner for combat.

"Good to see you too. Reason did great. How are you doing?" Nurai asked in a rush as she got closer. That...that is like that horrible inky mess back at Valda's new place...the one that got away. she said as she prepared to join the fray...by pulling a fleck from her pocket and grinding it between her hands, her claws started to gleam...the shadow let out a deep chuckle again - they held grudges quite well.

Evolution Surge: Rend


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

To make it more clear - yes, in Britain, we have ground floor, 1st floor, 2nd floor, etc. Moving to the bottom of the stairwell, which I assume Jim and Remington would do, would allow shots at the monster - although only because Jim opened the door.

So, I think everyone was on the ground floor, with Nurai and Cerise to one side, Jim and Remington on another, and Aroura stuck in the middle with Goo. There is also the door that the Returned came out of. Cerise and Nurai charged in, Remington is shooting, and Jim is invisible but in the ideal position to get some flanking in.

The creature looked around, deflecting Cerise and Aroura's attack as its head rorated 360 degrees without any visual issues. Remington's shot slammed into, causing ripples, impressive given the difficult of firing into close combat. "Oh dear. Toys angry? Toys fear being broken. Shouldn't be toys." The creatures arm whipped back, taking a chunk out the wall, and whipped foward to hit all three of the women before it.

To Hit (Aurora): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26
Damage: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

To Hit (Cerise): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32
Damage: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

To Hit (Nurai): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25
Damage: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

Is this thing an Outsider? I have various things that trigger from that. XD

Cerise crossed her arms in front of the blow. She couldn't dodge it, but she could try to defend herself as best she could... and some of the force was blunted as it struck her body. A moment later, her injuries quickly began to heal. It wasn't enough to totally reverse the damage that had been done, but she was far less hurt than most people might be. "It's gonna take a lot more than that to beat me!" she said, drawing her arms back. This time, sparkles began to shine around both of her hands as she lashed out in a quick one-two punch. She suspected it would be hard to trip this thing, and she wasn't entirely sure if it could bleed... so the best solution was to hit it as hard and as fast as she could. Alas, that meant she couldn't do anything fancier... but if nothing else, she could probably get its attention and distract it from going after the others.

Going on a Killing Spree~
Melee: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 1 = 23 for Damage: 1d4 + 14 + 2 + 1d4 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 14 + 2 + (4) + 14 + 2 = 38
Melee: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 1 = 15 Aaw. Another wasted point. XD Oh well.

Bonuses Cerise Gets: +1 to attack, AC and saves, and +2 to weapon damage. (From Aurora)

Bonuses Cerise Gives To Allies: +1 to Saves (All), +1 to Damage Rolls (Humans Only). More stuff if the foe's an Outsider. XD


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

With GM's permission, retconning out the evolution surge due to previous tired brain missing the level limit and current tired brain not sure what other surge to take now as was the GM's recommendation. Will likely surge again later. Maybe get some wings or a tail into this strangeness

The shadow growled as they absorbed the attack while Nurai steadied herself on her feet. She put her sunglasses away in a pocket, her eyes glowed softly in the dim room through her eidolon.

The pair attempted to launch an attack by ripping the inky mess a few new ones...

Claw 1: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 1 = 23Claw Damage: 1d8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 2 = 13Bleed Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Claw 2: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 1 = 19Claw Damage: 1d8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 2 = 18Bleed Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Claw 3: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 1 = 20Claw Damage: 1d8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 2 = 14Bleed Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Claw 4: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 1 = 27Claw Damage: 1d8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 2 = 13Bleed Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

...before shifting backwards to find a good position for the next attack like a wolf stalking their prey.


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

Jim moves in and quickdraws his pistols firing into melee at close range.
I can flank from 10ft away, and I should get my sneak via invis anyway, but since I don't know what this thing is I don't know if it can somehow see me or not. Better safe than sorry.
"Surprise, monstruo!"
Scout - DC CR +10 - identify weaknesses & resistances: 1d20 + 10 - 5 ⇒ (14) + 10 - 5 = 19
PBS + 2 invis + 2 flank -2 barrage -2 TWF
+1 Light Pistol TWF: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 15, Damage: 2d4 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2, 3) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 8, Sneak: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 6) = 11
MW Light Pistol TWF: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 20, Damage: 2d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4, 3) + 1 + 1 = 9, Sneak: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 5) = 12
+1 Light Pistol barrage: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 15, Damage: 2d4 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2, 1) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 6, Sneak: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 1) = 5
Those were some dumpy rolls. But at least it's (hopefully) against FF touch AC.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

I'm guessing Remington and Aroura had a real life hiccup, so I'll bot them as going full defence.

The barrage of attacks were only partially successful in striking the creature - one of Jim's gunshots and two of Nurai's claws, along with Cerise's attack managed to connect - but they were enough to cause the thing to shed a cloud dust and become smaller.

The creature looked at the motes for a moment in surprise. "Unusual." As it watched them, it swung its arm again, barely missing Jim.

To Hit (Aroura): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

To Hit (Cerise): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

To Hit (Nurai): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

No, I'm just an idiot, sorry.

Taken aback at the inky black creature, Remington is taken aback for a moment. After he gathers his wits, his eyes narrow as he lunges at the creature twice.

Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 6 = 12

Iterative Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 6 = 14


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

This time, Cerise easily avoided the blow, and her injuries finished healing - leaving her as fresh as when she'd started. "Says the blob monster. This world is no place for fiends like you! Now come on and hit me like you mean it or roll over and die already!" Sparkles continued to glimmer around her hand as she slipped into a flanking position, then struck out as quickly as possible. This time, she put some real effort into it, apparently trying to rip it apart through brute force... and not lose to Nurai's Shadow, either. Then, belatedly, "Um, does anyone want to accept surrenders...?" she knew she could get a bit too into tearing bad things apart, and Miyu had been very firm about the need to curb that...

Killing Spree. Spending 5 Stamina on the first, leaving me with one point of Stamina.

Melee: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 1 + 5 + 2 = 23 for 1d4 + 14 + 2 + 1d4 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 14 + 2 + (2) + 14 + 2 = 38
Melee: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 1 + 2 = 22 for 1d4 + 14 + 2 + 1d4 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 14 + 2 + (4) + 14 + 2 = 38


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

FYI, I'm pretty much always going to use Remington's Opportune Parry and Riposte deed so long as he has 2 panache points remaining.

Spoiler:
Opportune Parry and Riposte (Ex): At 1st level, when an opponent makes a melee attack against the swashbuckler, she can spend 1 panache point and expend a use of an attack of opportunity to attempt to parry that attack. The swashbuckler makes an attack roll as if she were making an attack of opportunity; for each size category the attacking creature is larger than the swashbuckler, the swashbuckler takes a –2 penalty on this roll. If her result is greater than the attacking creature’s result, the creature’s attack automatically misses. The swashbuckler must declare the use of this ability after the creature’s attack is announced, but before its attack roll is made. Upon performing a successful parry and if she has at least 1 panache point, the swashbuckler can as an immediate action make an attack against the creature whose attack she parried, provided that creature is within her reach. This deed’s cost cannot be reduced by any ability or effect that reduces the number of panache points a deed costs.

I mention that because of the requirement that I declare that I'll use the deed before the creature's attack roll. So, now I've declared the conditions that I'll use it.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai was confused by the odd creature's single word remark and shrugged at Cerise's question. Someone who referred to other people as toys didn't seem the type to surrender but if they did, she was not against the idea.

Her shadow didn't care about the creature's remark or ideas of accepting surrender though they did like the idea of obliterating someone who had hurt their summoner which spurred on the pair's next attack...

Claw 1: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 1 = 17Claw Damage: 1d8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 2 = 17Bleed Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Claw 2: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 1 = 22Claw Damage: 1d8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 2 = 12Bleed Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Claw 3: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 1 = 27Claw Damage: 1d8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 2 = 18Bleed Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Claw 4: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 1 = 15Claw Damage: 1d8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 2 = 19Bleed Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

...before they shifted back again, repeating the prowl again.


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

Sorry, I missed the update.

After the blows are deflected harmlessly by her spear, Aurora counterattacks. Although the spear goes wide, it blindsides the creature against the follow-up punch. And again, winds born of still air howl around her as she channels battle-fury. "I tried speaking, but it didn't stick!" To be fair, I attacked first. words are for weaklings kill purge purify cleanse by Odhinn!
Attack, impale, power attack: 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 11 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 14
Shove, against touch AC: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 11 + 1 = 31 for 6 damage and the battered condition.

Standard to attack, move to shove, swift to renew Totem of War via Fervent Casting.


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

I forgot about Aurora's boons. I'll fix it this time.
Jim's guns kept barking as he stayed out of the way of the thrashing monster. Even so, he had to comment between shots. "You are--a scary--bunch--of women!"
+1/+1 PBS + 2 invis + 2 flank -2 barrage -2 TWF +1/+2 Aurora's stuff
MW Light Pistol: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 2 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 2 - 2 + 1 = 28, Damage: 2d4 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2, 1) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 7, Sneak: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 5) = 13
+1 Light Pistol: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 2 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 2 - 2 + 1 = 26, Damage: 2d4 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2) + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 9, Sneak: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 2) = 9
MW Light Pistol: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 2 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 2 - 2 + 1 = 18, Damage: 2d4 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2, 1) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 7, Sneak: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 3) = 12
Should still be vs FF touch AC


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

Dang, I forgot about her +1 to attack and +2 to damage boon also.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The creature shuddered from the blows, ripples spreading across it's body. With a shudder it collapsed again, once more growing smaller. "Better." With a sharp, sudden movement it began to reverse, heading back towards the door it had come from, the cloud of fallen motes flowing behind it in a trail.

Nurai, Aroura, Cerise and Jim all get an attack of opportunity.

1,401 to 1,450 of 2,943 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fevered Dreams All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.