Fevered Dreams

Game Master JonGarrett

Website of Fun


1,351 to 1,400 of 2,941 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>

GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Remington:
The firechief was survived by his wife.

The Captain blinks for a moment, obviously not expecting something like that. "Well, his wife and sister, obviously. I think his sister was into all that history stuff too." He paused for a moment. "That's what you're talking about, right? That he was into the town history?"

Aurora:
The building beyond was quiet. Abnormally quiet. Even here it was hard to hear the sound of the road a few feet away, and inside there was not a creak, groan or whistle of the wind.

Nurai was reasonably sure that it was indeed the right sketchy guy, especially since a text popped up a moment later with car registration details on everyone's phones moments after the man tapped his phone. It was followed by one from Valda.

The Big V I've hooked it up so anything Jim texts gets relayed to the chat, and vice versa, so you can all communicate now. Except Remington, I'm not sure if he knows how to work a phone yet. Try and keep an eye on him, just in case.


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

Cerise waved slightly at Jim as he headed towards the garage. "I'unno. He doesn't seem so bad." she observed. But then, Cerise had rather specific standards when it came to sketchy, mostly beginning and ending with 'genuinely evil monsters'.


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

Jim waved back and motioned them over. He checked his phone to see that Valda had forwarded his message and had him linked in to some kind of app. "I thought apps were for Photogram and stuff." He thought to himself as he continued beckoning the pair.


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84
Overlord Jon wrote:
"That's what you're talking about, right? That he was into the town history?"

"Of a sort, yes!" Remington is visibly excited. "I'm actually into old-timey weapons, and I was coming to talk to Chief Waymore about a sword he owned. It has historical significance to Fever! Had he ever mentioned this sword, that you recall?"

"In any event, it sounds like I should talk to his wife or sister. Can you tell me how I might contact either of them? I know that this is a sensitive time for them, but I don't have much time, and I don't think it would be appropriate for me to approach them at the funeral."

If the captain is uncomfortable giving Remington a way to reach out to Chief Waymore's wife or sister, Remington will offer to leave his phone number, asking him to have the wife or sister call.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Remington:
The captain looked concerned by the idea of giving out their number but promised to pass along Remington's if he really felt it was so important. Clearly, he had no idea why such a thing would be important enough to bother them with now.


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

Remington stresses the importance of getting in contact with the former chief's family, and then he leaves before he becomes a nuisance.

I'm not sure what my next move will be. I'll think about it. If he wanders around and meets up with one of the other PCs, that's great.


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

"What's up?" Cerise asked as she walked over to Jim. She didn't seem terribly wary at the moment - although it was hard to tell if that was inexperience or confidence. It might have been both.


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

Jim smiled. "Hey, more of Valda's shadows-for-hire? You can call me Jim, by the way. People also call me 'Jimbo' or 'The Jim'. There was a car I think took some interest in our fighting friends, and I took an interest in it. Tinted windows, but I got plates. Also put a hole in the tire. Want to come check it out?" He said invitingly with eyebrows raised.


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

Something supernatural's here, maybe something beyond the Twilight?

Aurora moved further inside the eerily silent building, calling again. "Is anyone here? Show yourself, mortal or Fae!"


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Auoura:
Nothing showed itself, but the board that had been pulled aside started to move back into position.

Remington caught sight of Nurai and Cerise with a man he may remember from the initial fight as he headed back that way.


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

"Thrice I ask and be done! By my watch over the departed, by my name and my the laws of this Realm, thrice I ask, thrice I command, thrice I call you! Reveal yourself!"

The northern winds started howling as temperature across the room plummeted close to 0°C. As she was shielded from mortal eyes, Aurora transmuted her overcoat back into the black-and-silver full plate armor, and summoned Geidihr to her side.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Aurora:
"Thrice..done...reveal." The voice sounded horribly familiar, and the strange creature that had appeared in the Attic of Greengrove House moved through a doorway about 30ft ahead of the Valkyrie. The ink black, liquid-like form seemed a little taller this time, wider in the shoulders. "Done."

Initative (Aurora): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20
Initative (Returned): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84
Overlord Jon wrote:
Remington caught sight of Nurai and Cerise with a man he may remember from the initial fight as he headed back that way.

Remington walks over to the three normally dressed people (well, maybe not Cerise if the "appearance" link in her profile page is accurate) while dressed in his hundred-and-fifty year old suit and big hat with a tall feather sticking out of it.

"Ma'am," he tips his hat to Nurai. "Ma'am," he tips his hat to Nurai. He amicably nods to Jim.

"I might have identified the old King! I have a line on someone who might know more about the Sword, so if I get another 'voice mail,' I'll need some help with that." Remington holds up the antiquated flip-phone Valda gave him and wiggles it a bit before putting it back in his pocket.

"Also, the old King's funeral is in a couple days. If we don't have any good leads by then, I suggest we go pay our respects."


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai checked her phone when it vibrated while she followed Cerise towards Jim. While at ease, she looked up at him as her head tilted in confusion, her eyebrows raised at his wording once again. She cut off a growl that came from her shadow with a small sure handwave as she started to talk, "Nice to meet you Jim, I'm Nurai, the..." before she saw Remington approached. She accepted his Ma'am with a nod. She considered a moment before responding.

"Valda mentioned you might have trouble with the phone, I can help you with it when it alerts you again or when we have a few minutes later if you would like. Sounds like you've found a good lead. Remington, this is Jim, we heard him on the phone in Valda's office...and Jim, I feel I should clarify. Valda is helping because she's a friend and concerned about this stuff happening on her doorstep but she hasn't hired me to investigate this nor is my friend the type to try to hire shadows, at least as long as I've known her...she has gotten the car details to our phones. If we can get a face to the plates that would be good, piercing the tires is a good way to get that. Doing that while trying to find wards makes sense as I was saying to Cerise. Valda has something running the data Rhoda gave me which might give us some clues on that. If we haven't found any of the wards by nightfall, I'll make a call to see if there is a grove nearby, those tend to be the oldest ward bases. Hopefully, we'll get some luck on the car and your tire stabbing idea though..." she said with a chuckle as she held her phone in hand with the other arm relaxed.

Her shadow looked less amused, darker than they should be in the light and laid on the ground with both arms crossed and legs tucked up. Nurai ignored their behaviour partially because it had not yet crossed Valda's request to not draw attention but mostly it fit within their arrangement and amused the summoner. She did look around for others and cameras she decided how far she would let that go on...

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

Boarded house:

Not bothering to find a suitable battlecry, Aurora roared in unison with Reginleif, darting at the ink-black creature with Geidihr leveled. The cold winds she had summoned coalesced for a moment into a giant, spectral wolf, and her spear struck mighty. "Reason, warn the others!"
Attack, impale: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 11 - 2 = 27
Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Swift to use Fervent Casting to cast Totem of War. Move and attack, impaling for -2 CMD, impossibility to move and inability to AoO on maneuvers. Unless of course it has a way to free itself.
Totem of War lasts 3+5=8 rounds.


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

@Remington: That's mostly when Cerise is performing. XD She definitely favors clothes that are easy to move in, though. Gotta work that 22 Charisma somehow.

"Less Valda, more Miyu." Cerise clarified, right before Remington came over and Nurai infodumped Jim. "Anyway, might as well go check on that car while the data's being run?" she said, starting off in the direction Remington indicated. No harm in pursuing one lead while waiting on another, at least.


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84
Cerise, the Sparkle Princess wrote:
@Remington: That's mostly when Cerise is performing. XD

Remington would certainly hope so!

Remington indicates that the others should lead the way.


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

Jim smiled and rubbed his hands together as he had suddenly become a part of the band. "Well, you may be friends, or friends of friends, but Jim is an associate of Valda, a real shadow-for-hire." He said with a thumb to his chest. "But hey, you do you, right Amiga?" He added with a wink to Nurai.
As he turned to start towards the garage he'd been told about by the local, he paused. "Hey, aren't we missing somebody?"


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

The shadows laughed as Jim called himself a "real shadow-for-hire", it rolled deep and haunting as the sound reverberated against the ground with bemusement. The shadows clutch their sides as their chuckling continued as they tried to hold it in for their summoner's sake - though not very hard. They had heard humans say some odd things in their time but that was a new one to them.

After a moment's uneasy hesitation, worrying her shadows might take it as an insult to be answered, Nurai shook her head with a relieved smile as she heard the laughter. She considered that, with the exposure threat going on, she might have a duty to quiet them down again - her voice was far too high and soft to be mistaken for something that rumbles the ground - but dismissed it shortly. There were plenty of other sound sources to prevent it being obvious enough to catch most attention and if a guy was going to call himself a real shadow for hire, then actual shadows who would not put themselves in anyone's employ laughing is the least anyone should expect. She was trying to keep to Valda's request because her friend did have a very good point and no reason why not, but her shadows, well, it would make everything harder but while Nurai liked to think better of others to the point that she rarely considers others, even humans, might be trying to be rude, she had done reckless things to support her shadows because they thought that of someone...hopefully whoever sent that letter wasn't hoping that would happen and was aware anyone who worked with her for any length of time would likely find out about kayal people and other sentients of the shadows. She was going to have a few questions on that if she ever found whoever "worried friend" was. For now, she was still suspicious but gave them the benefit of the doubt as it seemed for the good of Fever and others but it was a struggle.

Nurai considered Jim's question as she continued to ignore the chuckling, "If you mean Aurora, tall young woman, she's looking into something. I think that's why she set up the group chat. Hopefully she'll have good news soon..." she said with concern as she started walking. Having brought her motorcycle in for repairs after the last time she had helped Valda, Nurai knew of a garage around here and was still trying to spot cameras nearby which might be useful and a risk she wanted to be aware of while she walked and ignored the still snickering shadow she could hear behind her...

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Aurora:
"Thrice and done." It was difficult to tell how the impaling weapon affected the creature. It was solid enough that the weapon seemed to be stuck, but if it was in any discomfort it didn't show it.

Disarm: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

The creature attempted to jerk the spear out of Aurora's hands with a sharp jerk, but couldn't get a good grip and the strange, inky hands slid along the weapon's shaft.

"Thrice and done." With a strange, sodden noise the creature split, a second one forming to the left. Both seemed a little smaller than the original, but nowhere near half as small.

As the party approached the garage, a car matching Jim's description and Nura's memory was sat on the lift, tire off. Nurai noticed a shop, camera aimed outwards, sat across the road.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai glanced at the shop over the road. If the owner was not still here, it would be a good next place to go to. At least get snacks to go ward hunting. Nurai found herself hoping for some time in the forest. Stretch her legs and shadows out a bit.

She looked to see if any customer looking people were waiting outside before heading towards the shop side of the garage. She hoped to be able to talk to people nice and friendly. Maybe the garage would remember her or she could ask about getting her sidecar detailed, chat around, get details, her preferred way of doing things. She didn't expect it, she certainly didn't usually have that sort of luck, but a casual not smashy time would make things a lot easier...

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

The shadow did not care if it was friendly or not as long as it was over quickly. While the snickering had started to quiet down, they were still entirely too amused to want to stick around a garage hearing Nurai talk and be in human space for long.


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

Boarded House:

Oh, ****.

Aurora stepped back, raising the spear defensively. "What are you? Can you understand my words?"
Note to self: even if it sounds cool, don't say it unless you are sure.
5' step back and total defense, for 29/19/25 AC.


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

On the other hand, magical girls aren't known for sensible outfits... take from that what you will? XD

Cerise eyed the camera for a moment, then shrugged. "I'll see if they can pull some recordings for us." she said, starting over in that direction. If there was one thing she was confident in, it was her fists. If there were two things, it was her fists and her personal charm. "Pardon me! Anyone here?" she called out as she checked to see if the shop was open.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The Boarded House:
The creature tilted both heads at the question. "Yes." The voice came from both forms, perfectly in sync, down to the ripples that flowed across there forms.

Both of them lashed out together as well, stepping back in to threaten Aurora in sync.

Returned 1 - Slam 1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Returned 1 - Slam 2: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Returned 2 - Slam 1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Returned 2 - Slam 2: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Thanks to going on the defensive, only one blow struck.

It appears to be an old style sweet shop, meticulously cleaned if not recently remodelled to a more modern look. The reason was likely the owner - An ancient lady shuffled to the counter and stared at Cerise through clouded eyes. "Yes young lady? How can I help you?"


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

Jim patted Cerise's shoulder and nodded. "You do just that. I'm going to go sniffing around." With that, he made himself as inconspicuous as possible and headed towards the garage. He was sure this would be a simple recon job, but in case things went really sour, he drew his pistols and holstered them at his sides--but no one would see that, as with a simple touch he made them vanish from sight.

T10 Stealth to sneak around the garage: 10 + 16 = 26
T10 Perception to find potential owner/driver/passengers of the car: 10 + 10 = 20


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84
Jim Seeker wrote:
With that, he made himself as inconspicuous as possible and headed towards the garage.

"Let's provide that man with a distraction," Remington says to Nurai. "I'm pretty good at this."

Remington walks over to the car on the lift and stares at it for a long moment. His arms are crossed, and he has a scowl on his face.

"Yes, I'm sure that this is the car," he says loudly, assuming Nurai followed him.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai paused for a moment on her way to walk to the garage's shop entrance as she watched the three people she had been walking with split off in three different directions. She sighed. Nurai liked to think all social species had an innate drive to connect as a survival instinct but the more time she spent with humans, the more she questioned that. As much as she was enjoying the fresh air and time working on the road, she was starting to miss more typically kayal interactions.

She chose after that moment to follow Remington, her shadow to her heels. Might as well see what he was going to do. On hearing his statement, she reponded, "Certainly looks like it..." while looking around for someone relevant and friendly enough looking to talk to...

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

"Hello, ma'am." Cerise said, smiling at the lady. "I'm investigating an incident that we believe may have occurred across the street, and I was wondering if we could check the footage from your security camera. It would be a big help. Oh, and if you have any grape jellies, I'd like a few." she explained, dialing up her charm. There was nothing especially mysterious about that - she'd just piled training on top of (super?)natural good looks as part of her dancing studies, and she was pretty confident of her ability to convince most people to see things her way. Of course, that assumed she was talking to someone who could actually hear her...

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

The Boarded House:
Unless the attack is chaotic-aligned, DR reduces damage to 6, then fast healing drops it to 4.

Trying to fight smart rather than berserking like Reginleif is yelling her to do, Aurora channels some of her power into Geidihr, causing sparks to appear around it. The sting on her arm testifies that the creatures are solid, or at least can be, so she whirls the adamantine weapon again in a thrust, maneuvering to get closer to the exit.

Swift to use sacred weapon and add shock to the spear, standard to attack and impale the one closest to the door, free 5' step to get it between me and the other.
Attack, impale: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 11 - 2 = 24
Damage, Totem of War, Shock weapon: 1d8 + 10 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 2 + (5) = 20


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

...you're splitting the party again?

Candy Shop:
The old woman seemed bemused. "Well, if you like, dear. We only really get the front of the store and across the road, I'm afraid, but if it will help...and that will be $1.99 for the jellies."

Upon payment the shopkeep led Cerise into the back office, and an ancient VHS based camera system.

Boarded House:
The blow sank into the creature again, the electricity make it jump. The second one moves to flank it's brethren, although the path to the doorway itself is still clear.

Once again the pair lashed out.

Returned 1 - Slam 1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Returned 1 - Slam 2: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Returned 2 - Slam 1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Returned 2 - Slam 2: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Garage (Car):
A mechanic, rolling a fresh tyre from a small room to the side, pausing as he sees Remington and Nurai. "Can I help you folks?" He glanced at the car, obviously slightly concerned you're planning to steal it...although how you could manage that with one wheel off is another matter.

Garage (Jim):
Other than a receptionist in the entrance area, two well-dressed people - a woman in a buisness suit and a man with sunglasses - sit in the waiting area.


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

Remington looks from the car to the mechanic, looks him up and down, and then looks back to the car.

"I need to know who owns this car."


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

Geez, talk about ancient... who used stuff that was this old? Searching for the tapes closest to the time that seemed closest to the time anything might have happened, though, she plugged them in and began fast-forwarding to see what might be relevant.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai nodded in agreement with Remington as she turned to the mechanic,"Hopefully you can help, sir. There was...an incident near the library today possibly involving a car matching this description and registration, but the driver left before anyone could talk to them. As he said, we just want to find out the owner, get contact details, talk, let them know the two boys also involved are recovering well..." she said softly with an apologetic smile that she knew this was awkward and she did not want to inconvenience the mechanic much for something like this.

While she was being honest, technically, Nurai knew how she was portraying this - to pull at bonds and heartstrings for sympathy and cooperation - likely created a false impression. She didn't particularly care about that even if she wasn't confident in her ability to do so.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22 Bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

Jim pulls out a point-and-shoot camera and starts snapping pictures of the garage. He walks out into plain sight and snaps a picture of the two people. He then waves and smiles. "Hey! Isn't this place great? It has some real charm!" He declares as he approaches them. "Name's Albert Ramirez. I do a magazine column for Oregon's hidden gems. Do you folks have a minute to talk about your experience here? How's the service?" He asks as he continues to snap random photos.
Bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Awwwyiss


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Candy Shop:
Thankfully, the tape you need is already in. It will simply take a few minutes to re-wind and locate the scene that's needed, and possibly some swearing.

Garage (Car):
The mechanic looks between the Nurai and Remington. "You two with the police?" After a moment he shook his head. "Don't matter. All the details are in reception...and so are the owners of this car. Need the puncture fixed right quick, and willing to pay for it too."

Garage (Waiting Area):
The two people looked at Jim in utter confusion. This was clearly not what they'd expected at all. Looking over at the man for a moment, the woman shrugs. "Um, the service is fine? I'm sorry, we're not from around here. Just passing through."

Outside (DC 18 Perception, All Players except Auoura):
A large black bird lands on the lampost outside, and begins cawing loudly for attention. Very loudly. And very insistantly.


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Munching on her candy, Cerise was mainly focused on the tapes and hit the rewind button to locate the relevant portion of the data. The sooner she could see it, the better.


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

Waiting area:
Jim put away his camera and pulled out a notepad. He wrote a couple of lines.
"From out of town eh? I travel a bit myself, but that's for my blog. Where are you folks from? What brings you our way?" He asked, tapping his pencil idly as he looked on with as much genuine curiosity as he could muster.
Diplomacy (let's be chatty!): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai nodded, "Thank you for your time sir, we'll get out of your way...hope you have a good day." she said before she stepped away from the mechanic, hoping Remington would come with and the mechanic would not...

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

...after walking towards the garage shop area, Nurai suddenly paused at the sound of the bird which sounded odd and upset and familiar enough to her that it caught her attention quickly. She looked around for a moment before spotting them on the lamppost.

She turned towards Remington. "Would you start talking to them without me, please, I would like...to check on that..." she said awkwardly as much of what she thought was not suitable for public human conversation. As she took few slow steps towards the bird, she realized she had no idea how to get either the bird's attention or get to it in any suitable human way either. She kinda hoped the bird was smart enough to spot her and do the work for her...

Her shadow cared less about that and was starting to wave their arms where they lay on the ground.


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

The Boarded House:

Aurora grinned savagely as she parried every blow coming her way. She and Reginleif spoke in the same voice. "Then know that you are doomed and despair if you can, unnatural creature!"
Twisting Geidihr in a cruel lever, she swings the impaled creature sideways, following with a leg sweep and a downward push on the shaft, attempting to force it on the ground.

Swift to use Fervent Casting on Serendipity, lasting 8 rounds. Standard to attack, 5' stepping out of reach of the one I haven't impaled. Move to reposition to the side the one impaled (its CMD has a -2 penalty and it can't AoO me due to being battered) and follow-up with the free trip granted by the Drop talent.
If I'm attacked by the other on its turn, I'll use Human Shield as an immediate to place it in the path of the attack, which will be resolved against it of successful.
Also, my weapon is considered to be Lawful-attuned, if it changes something.
Totem of War 3/8
Serendipity 1/8
Sacred Weapon 2/5

Attack, ignoring armor, shield and natural armor: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 10 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 2 + (5) = 24
Reposition: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Trip: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

Human Shield reposition: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

Remington takes in the cawing bird and the sudden shift in plan without blinking.

Assuming that they're still speaking with Jim when he walks in...

...he enters the waiting area and sits down. He'll look at one of the men's health magazines that four months out of date lying on the table and listens to the couple talk to Jim.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The Boarded House:
"Your fear will taste delicious." The one on the end of the spear crumbled into dust in a moment, becomming a vaguely humanoid cloud...before rolling back to the other, increasing its mass once again. "Thrice and done."

Once again, the creature split as it had before...twice. Three forms now stood in the hallway. "Thrice." What looked almost like a smile formed on the three blank faces. "And done."

The Candy Store:
With some work, Cerise found the scene she needed, of the car arriving and the people getting out. A man and a woman got out of the car, both dressed professionally and argued about something for a few moments before entering the shop.

Garage (Waiting Room):
The man looked at the newly arrived Remington, his brow furrowing above his sunglasses.

The woman, focused more on Jim, shrugs. "Work. We have an assignment in the area. Fix a few problems for our company that have been going on a while, you know? It's difficult when people are used to one thing, but...needs must. Things change."

Outside:
After staring at the Shadow's antics with a tilted head the bird opened its beak and snapped it shut again. Considering, it made big gestures at Nurai with one wing in a vague imitation of the 'Come Here' gesture mortals might make. It flew to another lamp post, down the street, and gestured again.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai nodded in thanks as she saw Remington head towards the garage shop. As she looked back towards the bird, the shadows started to follow in inpatience. Nurai tried to be casual about following a bird down the street. She's seen and done weirder but it was still odd...

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

Garage:
Jim smiled. "Ah, si, the biggest ships are the slowest to turn. Well if you're staying in town for a while there is a Thai place just a few blocks away that you really have to try." He said with a pat on his belly. "I can't get enough."
He jotted down a note on his notepad and tore the page out. "That's my number. Old Al has a lot of connections around here. If you folks need any local assistance, you be sure to call." With that, Jim turned and headed back outside.

He didn't see the sparkle girl around anywhere, but he did see the weird lady wandering down the street trying to feed a bird or something. He jogged to catch up.
"Eyyy, chasing a new lead?" He asked, eyeing the bird with some small amount of suspicion and sarcasm.


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

After Jim left, Remington looks up from his magazine.

"What sort of business are you in?" Remington asks conversationally.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

At feeling the jogging footsteps, the shadow shifted their dark form from leading towards the bird to place themself between their summoner and the human man.

Nurai kept walking, confident her shadow was watching her back. She didn't turn her head until she heard Jim speak. She sighed, she had hoped as few human eyes as possible for dealing with the bird and for Remington to have someone closer to hand in case those owners were what Nurai feared. They'd all be back soon enough, hopefully nothing would happen before that...

She thought for a moment as she decided again on limited honesty to get this done quickly before speaking, "Not really. Aurora, the young woman I mentioned before?, That bird seems like hers. For them to be here, without her, when she has my phone number...that hope for good news looks to be burning..."


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

Jim's eyes got a little wide. "We should go check it out, no?" He patted himself down, taking inventory of his emergency supplies. "Do you want me to get the gang, or should be just handle it ourselves?" Jim asked, unsure of the whole team dynamic they had going.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The bird watched Jim and Nurai, then stared at the Garage.

Sense Motive (DC 15):
It certainly seemed to want everyone to be there.

Waiting Room:
The woman glanced at Jim. "Systems analysis, mostly. We're making sure that the companies computers are all up to date. If they aren't we can't network them right, but it means changing some things that the people here are used to."

The man added, "Do I know you?"


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

The Boarded House:

Ceiling too low for what I wanted to do...
"If you are done, then BE DONE!" shouted Aurora, getting increasingly annoyed due to the creatures' persistence. Again the cruel tip struck out, crackling with static sparks.

Attack and impalement on the closest. If it's within 5', I'll use the move action to reposition and trip as before, and set up the Human Shield again.
Totem of War 4/8
Serendipity 2/8
Sacred Weapon 3/5

Attack, Impale, Power Attack: 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 2 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 1 - 2 - 1 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 10 + 2 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 2 + 3 + (3) = 21
Reposition: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 1 = 27
Trip: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 1 = 27

Forgot to ask, are these guys undead?


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

Huh. Pausing the tape when the two figures appeared, Cerise focused on memorizing as many details about them as she could. There was probably a limited amount she could actually do with that, but it never hurt to be able to pick a potential perpetrator out of a crowd.


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84
Overlord Jon wrote:
"Systems analysis, mostly. We're making sure that the companies computers are all up to date. If they aren't we can't network them right, but it means changing some things that the people here are used to."

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 <--Is she lying?

Overlord Jon wrote:
The man added, "Do I know you?"

Remington puts down his magazine and stands, offering his hand to the man. "I'm not sure. A lot of people in town know of me. Remington Intrepid Pike, at your service.

"Do I know you?"

1,351 to 1,400 of 2,941 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fevered Dreams All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.