Fevered Dreams

Game Master JonGarrett

Website of Fun


1,201 to 1,250 of 2,865 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>

AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 56/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 9/18

"We could have done thIS tOmORROW!" Jennifer begins, and her demon, Syar'ammag, finishes. Jennifer transforms, but she restrains her demonic bulk this time.

Bloodraging. It won't help her acrobatics checks, but the extra hit points may be needed. Please don't forget that she has an increased base speed!

Acrobatics: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Acrobatics: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Acrobatics: 1d20 ⇒ 6


Human Investigator 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 19, T: 13, FF: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +8, Will: +10 {+1/+2/+7} | Melee: +4, Ranged: +6 | CMB: +4, CMD: 17 | Init: +2, Perception: +12 <trap spotter> | Insp 9/9 | SP 12/12 | Speed: 30ft

As the cavern lost stability, Solomon focused his mental power into creating a shield above the group even as he himself flew above them.
DC 15 Will if someone attacks us from above. I should be able to keep us all under it, but I can only stop "tiny" size rocks (which is still pretty big for a rock).


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

Acrobatics: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Acrobatics: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Acrobatics: 1d20 ⇒ 16

From her forward position, Aurora moved rather clumsily, keeping her arms above her head.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 25/48 [+22/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | 2nd: 4/4

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Nurai chuckled at Valda's reaction as she ran after the others, feeling her shadow pulling at her feet with every step, her wand still gripped tightly in clawed hand. "Glad to help meet your dramatic climax expectations!" she called out toward Valda with a grin.


Ether 5 | HP: 22/22 (R:2) | EP: 19/19 (R:3) | AC: 16, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will: +6 | R. Touch: +8 (Dmg: 5d3+6) | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Perception: +9, Init: +3

Regina was rather terrible to start out with - but quickly learned her lesson and began moving forward with significantly more spring in her step.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Rocks fell and everyone died...or at least they would have if not for the shield provided by Dr Solomon. Smaller rocks and stones bounced off it with a flares of arcane power. Once, twice, and then in a constant stream that lit the cavern with its glow, accompanied by the statue's hideous wail.

But the smaller rocks that were deflected were not alone. Occasionally something bigger - a stalactite, a chunk of the walls themselves or a slab of bone building - fell or rolled down the path, and Solomon's shield could do nothing to stop such large chunks as that.

And that meant dodging over the debris, out of the way of the falling rocks or even over the gaps in the ground. Not everyone was successful...

For every failed Acrobatics, I'm rolling an additional 2d6+2 damage. This counts as Bludgeoning damage for those of you with DR.

Solomon - Safe
Damage (Jennifer): 4d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 2, 2, 1) + 4 = 14
Damage (Auroura): 6d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 3, 1, 2, 6, 3) + 6 = 24
Damage (Nurai): 6d6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 5, 2, 6, 6, 5) + 6 = 36
Damage (Regina): 4d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 2, 2, 1) + 4 = 13

Valda (Accrobatics): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Valda (Accrobatics): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Valda (Accrobatics): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 - Damage: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 5) + 2 = 8

Thankfully you all made it to the top. Not in one piece - some of you had significant wounds from the falling debris - but everyone was alive.

And the portal was collapsing. From a double doorway to the size of a small closet in the time it had taken you to reach it, there was no time to stop. One by one you dived through the shrinking portal, Valda the last one out as it snapped shut, the wailing from the statue cut off as it vanished. "That was...closer than I would have liked," Valda admitted, taking off and holding up one patent leather shoe. The tip had been sheared off cleanly an a half inch from the top.

Looking back to where the portal had laid revealed...a wine cellar, clean and well stocked by the look of it.


Ether 5 | HP: 22/22 (R:2) | EP: 19/19 (R:3) | AC: 16, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will: +6 | R. Touch: +8 (Dmg: 5d3+6) | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Perception: +9, Init: +3

Regina just let out a small groan as she crouched in place for a few moments, allowing her natural healing to start patching her up. She'd been hit pretty lightly, all things considered - didn't mean that it didn't hurt, though. "So, any chance the cold is starting to dissipate...?"


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 25/48 [+22/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | 2nd: 4/4

The whole 2 points of DR saves the shadow from popping

The shadow growled and Nurai swore loudly in Kazakh as the debris hit. The summoner pushing everything through their fused link to try to keep them both intact as the eidolon tried the same. Nurai would give almost all of herself to keep...that from happening again though she struggled to keep the link and her mind clear as the taste and smell of iron and umbral started to coat everything.

On the other side of the portal, Nurai stumbled to a wall and lean against it as she took a few moments to clear her head. Wiping dark blood from her face, she looked around the room and then at the others with a small relieved smile to see everyone...mostly intact. This, this she could deal with.

"I hope so Regina. Now, who to heal first? And do we use the wine to sterilize or do you want to drink some first?" Nurai said, looking over to Valda first, not having any intent to actually drink any wine herself.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

A quick peak into the library reveals a sunny day outside, with no sign of snow or cold.


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

Bludgeoned and battered, Aurora coughed up dust, the air feeling clean again after the influence of the horror in the basement. After double-checking that everyone was alive, she channeled her last reserves of stored vigor, mending some of the wounds.
Channel Energy: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 1) = 6

"You're not serious, are you? This is 1921 Côtes de Bordeaux! The cellar could be easily worth more than the rest of the house."


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 56/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 9/18

Jennifer would hate to admit it, but Syar'ammag kept her alive. If it weren't for the extra energy he gave her by taking control, she wouldn't have made it to the portal. As it is, she fell into unconsciousness and collapsed when his presence receded once she was back in the house.

She sat up with a groan and a glare for Aurora as the Valkyrie's positive energy restored her to consciousness.


Human Investigator 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 19, T: 13, FF: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +8, Will: +10 {+1/+2/+7} | Melee: +4, Ranged: +6 | CMB: +4, CMD: 17 | Init: +2, Perception: +12 <trap spotter> | Insp 9/9 | SP 12/12 | Speed: 30ft

"Much appreciated Aurora." Solomon said as his burns healed somewhat in the wake of the woman's energy. He looked down at Jennifer with some significant concern evident on his face. "Let me get something for you." He turned immediately and rushed out to his car to get a small first aid kit. However, due to recent events, he carried his rapier and pistol the entire way.

Once he returned, he set right to patching up the librarian. "You're possessed of a strange and potent power, Jennifer, but I suspect you could do with a little less adventure and a little more sunshine. I have a place over at Cannon Beach that always takes my reservation, if you're interested." Solomon said with the slightest smile and not a hint of flirtation. Then again, for a man who could read minds, he himself could be quite difficult to read at times.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Valda glanced at Aurora. "There has got to be some cheap crap, too.
We'll drink the horrifyingly expensive one, and use the other sort."
Considering for a moment, Valda added, "Or we go raid the cars for first aid kids and drink the bad stuff too."

Feel free to continue to RP for a bit while we get settled, but thus ends this adventure. As an added reward for not destroying the house, anyone who wants a room can have one. Since it's only possessed now by three Unseen Servants and not a fish god, it's probably safe.


Ether 5 | HP: 22/22 (R:2) | EP: 19/19 (R:3) | AC: 16, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will: +6 | R. Touch: +8 (Dmg: 5d3+6) | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Perception: +9, Init: +3

Regina very much wanted a room to relax in after all the pummeling she'd taken - and she simply flopped down without much regard for propriety.

Ready to advance when the rest of you are. ^^


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 56/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 9/18
Doctor Solomon wrote:
Once he returned, he set right to patching up the librarian. "You're possessed of a strange and potent power, Jennifer, but I suspect you could do with a little less adventure and a little more sunshine. I have a place over at Cannon Beach that always takes my reservation, if you're interested." Solomon said with the slightest smile and not a hint of flirtation. Then again, for a man who could read minds, he himself could be quite difficult to read at times.

"Fine. Yeah. Sure. I've got a ton of reading to catch up on.

"Thanks."

Jennifer stands, emphasizes her thanks to Solomon, graces Aurora with another glare, and goes to explore the cellar, taking a random bottle off the a rack and using her claws to dig the cork out as she looks around.


Human Investigator 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 19, T: 13, FF: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +8, Will: +10 {+1/+2/+7} | Melee: +4, Ranged: +6 | CMB: +4, CMD: 17 | Init: +2, Perception: +12 <trap spotter> | Insp 9/9 | SP 12/12 | Speed: 30ft

Solomon perused the kitchen cupboards for something inspiring, but found himself simply not in the mood. "Say Aurora, don't you owe us all some Chinese?" He glanced toward a window to see the sun coming in. "We might even get a driver out here now." He added with some small amount of cheer.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 25/48 [+22/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | 2nd: 4/4

Nurai and her shadow chuckled warmly at Aurora's reaction, "I'll pass on the drink, but might go out to the bike once I get a bit more of my breath back. It has a things in the lock box. I'm hoping that snow vanished, really don't want to dig it out of the side. I imagine either way it will need some care at the mechanics after this...and I'm going to need to care of a nice shower at least" Nurai said, leaning against the wall, her glowing eyes closing gentle as she slowly took deep breaths, her clawed fingers played with the carved wooden wand as she did so.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Valda wandered down. "Yeah, we can call up. Mobile phones are alive again. So long as we toss in a decent tip for later. Otherwise we'll never get them out here again. And yes, showers are good."

Looking around, she pulled a dust sheet off something in one of the corners. It was a large painting with an impressive frame. The painting portrayed a man wearing a fine suit that was fashionable maybe in the mid-1800s. He was standing in front of a plush chair, one foot perched on top of a matching footstool with one hand resting on the accompanying knee. The other hand rests on a rapier hanging from his belt. Tucked into that same belt within easy reach is a heavy caplock pistol.

"Huh. I wonder who left you here?" Valda murmured. Guess I found my plunder for this adventure."


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

A Once and Present King

Fever has survived as a hotbed of the supernatural because it tends to not be noticed, the message you received read, And because certain forces in the Government know it's a terrible idea to try and harness forces you don't understand and can't comprehend. Even they don't want to live through Season 4 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer again.

But that blindness only goes so far, and for as long as it stays quiet. If things get rough people will move in - either to take advantage or to keep things quiet by the 'kill 'em all and sort out the remains later' approach. Needless to say I do not especially wish to be caught up in either.

So the fact that things have been seen, filmed and put on BooTube for the world to see is, needless to say, not promising. It means the Wards that keep the town's oddities, make it easier for creatures to hold certain glamours or make memory altering spells more potent is failing.

I can only think of one reason why - the King is dead. Yes, Fever has a king, but it's a title only. You've heard the term The King and the Land are One? It's missing a bit. The King and the Magic of the Land are One is how it's meant to go. The King is the lynchpin that holds the weavings across town together.

Each King carries a sword. But given its Fever, it probably don't look like one. With the Sword, a new King can be crowned. Shame I can't tell you who the old one was, because the fewer who know the lesslikely someone is to bugger it up. Just look for the recent deaths, I guess.

I like your previous work, so you can sort it out.

Signed, a Worried Friend

~~~~~

The sky was blue and the sun was up as you each receive the missive. In your home, at work or out shopping, via vellum envelope, e-mail or text, it finds you.

If it's true, then something needs to be done.


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

"Well that's the weirdest message I've ever gotten from UberEats." Jim thought as he stuffed the note into his jacket pocket and carried the Thai bowl to his couch. It was an old fabric piece set in front of a small LCD TV. The screen flashed colored light into the dim living space, but a tap on the remote kept the sounds inside. Jim put his feet up on the couch next to him and scrolled through the contacts on his brick dumbphone until he found "Simmons". He had already started on the soup by the time the phone hit his ear.
"Hey V, I just got a weird note. Looks like something you'd know about. When you get this call me back." He lowered the phone then almost dropped it to get it back to his mouth. "It's Jim." He added quickly before hitting the big red phone button, ending the call. He sipped his soup for a second and then unmuted the television. He let his senses idly absorb it while he considered who he might know that would deal in artifacts in these parts.
[dice=Knowledge:local (leads on the "Sword")]1d20+10[/dice]


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

"So, you want me to go along and investigate this?" Cerise asked, looking at Miyu as the other girl smiled from across her desk. She'd long since learned to trust the investigator's insights - Miyu had almost frightening abilities when it came to understanding the future, and while she didn't say much about what she knew - something about preventing paradoxes and avoiding, quote, 'the attention of a power who's funny but way too erratic for this place' - they'd worked together too many times for Cerise to start doubting.

"Well, less investigation and more protection." Miyu answered with a smile. "To help ensure things turn out as they should." She did not, Cerise noted, say what 'should' actually meant. "You'll be working with a small team on this one - good people overall. Follow along, beat down anything that wants to hurt them, and try to not go too crazy." Cerise pouted a bit. "This will be more public than some of the things you've done in the past, and the last thing you want to do is alert future foes to every trick up your sleeve. Feel free to maul things, but don't go on a killing spree - and remember, most people are more fragile than you are. Prioritize protecting them."

"Got it." Cerise said. "So, where should I meet these people?"

"You'll find them..."


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

What's wrong with Season Four?
"Mom! Mom! Reason found another ominous note!"

Aurora ran upstairs from The Blind Seer's counter, bumping her head on the low door leading to her house. "Momma! D'you know anything about a King of Fever, and a Sword? Apparently he died, and the Sword is lost, yadda yadda, so either we find it or all the strange little things in Fever will become much more apparent."

Iris Goodberry limped out of her bedroom to meet with her daughter, leaning against her cane. "One season. I'd like one season to pass in this town without some sort of incident. The murder at Valda's. That ugly story with the houseflies. The Colorado Country and Bluegrass Festival, perhaps the worst of them all. And now this."
She sighed, looking at her little girl.
"Valda will know more about her. I don't want you to go to her."
"Mom!"
"Let me finish. I don't like it, I don't want you to, because it's dangerous and I know what you're risking. I got lucky. But I know that you feel like you have to. I know what Spiderman said, and what that voice in your head is screaming. So I can't do much about it, no matter what I say, eh?"

She kissed Aurora on the forehead. "Be brave but be safe, Norðurljós. And call me if you won't be back tonight, I'll have Pedro wait the tables."
"I will, Momma, thanks!"
The young Valkyrie ran to her room, donning the weird enchanted armor, driving its magic to look as similar to a normal set of clothes as possible.
Clad in heavy robes and a fur cloak, she headed to Sanctuary.


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 56/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 9/18

Sitting in a lounge chair overlooking Cannon Beach from the second floor balcony of a bed and breakfast, Jennifer scans the note. The ocean sky is gloomy and overcast, but overall relaxing. She crumples the note and tossies it into the chiminea next to her chair.

”Sounds like a whole of Not My Problem.”

She finds her place in a thick leather (hopefully leather) tome of questionable origin and continues reading.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Jim:
The Fevered Blade is a rumour. Said to be forged from the metal of a fallen star and parts of the shattered Sword in the Stone (not Excalibur), it is said to share the same property of bestowing Kingship.

0"OK, that's a new one," Valda muttered as she looked at her phone. It was vibrating in an angry, constant way, the loud buzz as messages poured in shaking it across her work desk and towards the certain doom of the cold, concrete floor. Picking it up before it could finish its suicide run, Valda flicked through the messages, one eyebrow slowly rising.

"...OK." Tilting her head, she called, "You guys might want to come and listen to this," and waited for her guests to arrive before starting a conference call on the mobile.

After a moment, it rang through. "Hey there, folks. This is Valda. How many people got an odd message today about finding a sword, a king and generally saving the world?"

You can be a guest in Valda's home (a large, converted warehouse) or one of the people on the call. Or you can act independently. It is up to you.


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

Cerise glanced at the phone as Miyu picked up - and the investigator just grinned.

"Ah, h-hello. My name is Cerise - Miyu asked me to help you with this." she said, not quite sure how far away from the phone she ought to be.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 25/48 [+22/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | 2nd: 4/4

Nurai sat down roughly on the couch in Valda's workshop. She looked a bit tired as she stretched out. The shadow curled up next to the summoner. They both nodded in response to Valda's question while they listened to Cerise's response. Nurai pulling out the odd note from her pocket that she had found earlier in the day.

"Welcome to the fun, Cerise, this is Nurai... the Kayal woman introduced herself to the unfamiliar voice coming from the speakers on Valda's phone. "Was the weird message addressed to you or to Miyu? Might help us figure out who the ~"Worried Friend"~ is." with a clear tone that Nurai didn't believe it was anything of the sort. Anonymous messages reeked of creepy and trap and many other things before getting into how a system that put so much power and the needs of so many in one person's hands seemed an overly obvious flaw for people who should know better than risk their lives to such - or to sending letters to random people for something so crucial. Nurai knew some traditions and secrecy died hard but the whole picture on this seemed off to her.


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

Jim sat at the bus station, detachable hood lining drawn up from his jacket over his head more to keep the noise out and the music in. The wires from his earbuds ran down into his left inner coat pocket where a solar MP3 armband lay coiled up and hidden. He drummed his knees as the music played, patiently passing the few minutes until his ride would arrive.

The vibration of his phone rattled the metal bench and sent Jim clawing at his pants pocket. The earbuds came out and fell into the hood somewhere as he put the phone up to his ear. "It's Jim, leave a message." He said with a coy smile for no-one to see. "Nah I'm just playing. Who's this?"

Finding himself in a call with none other than Valda Simmons he straightened up, suddenly looking less street walker and more soldier. "Hey, V! Yeah, you got my voicemail? Now I know what you're thinking, but I didn't take it I swear." Jim insisted, making a sign of the cross as he glanced at the grey Oregon heavens. "But if you know where it is, I'm sure I can get it."

When someone else spoke, Jim started, pulling his phone down and looking at it. He put it back to his ear, "Ey, who was that?" He asked, suddenly trying to sound charming. "You got some friends with you for this one, Valda?"


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

Aurora popped a Pepsi can, leaning against the wall. "I did, Reason found it in his hunting spot. I guess it's the same you all received, and I guess this Worried Friend has poor taste in TV series."


Inc 5 | HP: 12/22 | Melee: +2, Ranged: +5 | AC: 16 [22], Touch: 16, FF: Never | Fort: +2, Ref: +7, Will: +9 | Init: 11 | Perception: +12/+22 to Spot

"If anyone sending me mysterious messages has issues with my methods, that's their problem." Miyu said cheerfully, her voice rather more distinct over the speaker system than the further-away Cerise's had been. "I've got another thing to handle, so I'm sending you one of my best enforcers for this one." ...Just how many people did Miyu know, anyway?


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

"While it's natural for our attention to focus on who anonymously sent each of you this note, don't let your worry about who exactly that is distract you from they wrote in the note. The King of Fever may actually very well be dead! Assuming that he is and that the Sword is unsecured, that should be our first concern. Of course, be ready for anything, including the possibility that our 'Worried Friend' has ulterior motives."

Trying not to be distracted by a phone call that can simultaneously talk to numerous parties, Remington stands next to Valda's desk, holding her note causally in his hand. To Nurai, Aurora, and any other familiar faces in the room, Remington looks somewhat familiar. He ponders what knows about the King of Fever that may be helpful.

Lore (Fever): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"Yeah, lots of people on the line or in the room. Thanks for the heads up, Jim. We'll work on the assumption you haven't plundered a magic sword recently. I even know some of you." Valda paused, rubbing her eyes. "OK, let's do some introductions. Hello Cerise, and thank you Miyu for sending help. I'm Valda Simmons, all-round badass and spellcaster. I didn't get a letter, however. So, add an introduction and your thoughts."

Moving around to the laptop, Valda said, "First thing is first. Whose had a look at the internet to see how much truth the letter has? We can worry about the identity then, although I agree finding out is going to be a priority, as Nurai suggests, but like Remington mentioned it could all be a ruse. If they're lying about half of it we can safely assume the rest is codswallop." Valda clicked a few times, typed in a brief phrase, and then said, "Yup, that's a video of a drunk troll. Usually, the camera won't be allowed to capture that, you know, the whole 'why is the supernatural always so blurry?' effect. Where is it...oh, it's peeing on the library." Pasuing, the woman sighed. "Well...crap."

Remington:
There are rumours that Fever has had a king - someone involved in the community but whose true identity is hidden - for years. The rest is new to you.


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

Miyu spoke first. "I think you should look into it." she said.

Cerise's voice came on a moment later. "Sorry - she's often kind of vague that way. Something about not messing with the future too much. I trust her, though - and whatever it actually means, true or not, looking into it is... probably... fine?" There was a brief hesitation on the line. "Yeaaaah. Anyways, as Miyu said, I'm basically going to help out as muscle and protect you. The rest... might be easier to explain in person later."


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 25/48 [+22/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | 2nd: 4/4

Nurai considered what was said, rubbing her eidolon's side as she listened, her eyes flickered over to the video as Valda talked about it. She started with the introduction as Valda requested to the second unfamiliar voice, "Hiya Jim. Nurai Ayaulymkyzy, a friend of Valda for quite a while though not long in Feve..." her voice was cut off by what seemed part chuckle, part yawn deep noise resonating from near the summoner. Nurai seemed to give the shadow a half-hearted glare from behind her glasses as she sighed, Sorry. If you heard that - that was my eidolon who is more suspicious of this than I am. It is very odd for something like this to happen on your doorstep Valda and you not get an invitation...and the videos I saw...weren't really of that quality... she said with a shrug. Video authenticity wasn't really something she was good at. She considered what she'd seen in the videos for places she might recognize...

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Nurai identifies the area as near a small strip mall on the outskirt of Fever, near the main road in. It has little to recommend it, but does have a pub and various fast food places.

"I know the best places to get high-quality videos on the internet," Valda replied. After a moment she considered that and, and added, "No, that's pretty much how it sounds."

Once again, the phone starts buzzing. Once, twice and then the suicidal sprint for the edge of the table began again before Valda grabbed it, swearing. "Mother loving technology. OK...what?" Clicking again, Valda brings up a live stream of what appears to be a fight near the library. Arcane flashes and pops of magic erupt in the air. "Buggery. Looks like you guys will be meeting up sooner than I thought. There's a small war at the Library. And someone is showing it live on the internet, magic and all. May I suggest going forth and stopping that?"


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

"Eyyy, Nurai? That's a cool name. Me and V, we go back a few years too. But we try to keep it professional between us, eh Valda?" Jim said with a slight chuckle. "I'm an artifact hunter, like Indiana Jones or something. Jim Seeker's my name though, and I don't use a whip or nothing." Jim craned his neck to see if the bus was coming yet.
"Can we get somebody to tell that troll to piss off? I mean, you know, not like he already did." Jim chuckled again. "Like maybe we should try to round up some of the weirdos around here until this all blows over. Or get a computer guy to take down the videos. Or an enchanter wizard to come give us some extra fluff. I dunno, something." He shrugged and let his ideas get tossed around in the group call.

EDIT: ninja'd. Going to leave that one on the table though.

At Valda's declaration Jim slapped his forehead. "Ay-ay-ay, Mother Mary..." The bus pulled up and Jim hopped on. "I'm a few stops away. I'm charging you extra for this, Valda!" Jim said with an audible smile. "Wait. If this one isn't Valda's..." Jim cursed under his breath as he realized he might've just been conned into working pro bono.


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

"Get going, Cerise."

"Gotcha. See you all in person soon! ...You'll know me when you see me." With that, there was a faint thumping sound from the line.

Miyu's voice came back just a moment later. "Have fun." she said, sounding far too cheery before the line cut out.


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

"Can someone give me a lift to the library? My usual ride is too conspicuous."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

Remington holds up a set of car keys... "Let's g--" ...which Valda unceremoniously snatches from his hand. He looks over at her in surprise.

"I really think I was getting the hang of it!" he protests. After a few moments of suffering her withering stare, he ventures, "That was one of the expensive ones, wasn't it?"

At her curt nod, he and Aurora look at Nurai.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 25/48 [+22/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | 2nd: 4/4

Nurai chuckled at Valda's comment, but her mirth was short lived and turned into a sigh at the sound of war. "Any obvious sides having been stirred up or faces we should be aware of?" Nurai asked Valda as she stood up and stretched, her mind racing as she watched the live stream while the others talked. Nurai didn't want to make any conflicts worse by not knowing if there were protocol-fussy types or deep feuds involved...

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

"Library then the strip mall to check the damage and such from our troll friend...unless this goes off the rails. " Nurai said as considered. "My sidecar is available... she offered, "I understand if you'd be more comfortable in someone's car though..." Nurai said with a shrug, glancing back to where her eidolon remained slumped down.


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

"Ma'am, I'd be happy horseback during a Northwest squall in the wintertime. I'm sure your 'sidecar' will be fine."

One of us in the sidecar, and then one of us behind Nurai until we meet up with one of the other PCs in a car?


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Remington, be careful about having other PC's act in certain ways, please.

Sighing, Nurai held out the car keys. "You'll all be safer in the car. My car, anyway." Not many vehicles could resist anti-tank fire. "And, yes, shop fronts can be quite expensive, so please don't plow through any."


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

Will do, sorry.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 25/48 [+22/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | 2nd: 4/4

Gonna assume you mean Valda held out car keys, Nurai does not have tank car...yet.

Nurai looked over to Remington with raised eyebrows, mildly confused, when Valda held out the keys. Nurai looked back over to her eidolon, Preference? Nurai watched as the shadow chuckled as their hands moved in a blur. "Just thought I'd ask. Predictable as the setting sun."

Nurai turned back to Valda, "The car would be appreciated, thank you, I'll do my best to keep it and the shop fronts okay.", she said as she took the keys. "I'll send you updates though you'll probably get most of it through that unless someone gets the live stream taken down...maybe one of us can figure who is streaming this." Nurai said uneasily.

"Ready to go? Anyone need anything on the way? Nurai asked as she grabbed her jacket from the couch. She put it on, taking a moment to check the pockets to ensure nothing had fallen out, before she and her shadow headed out...


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Arriving at the scene at roughly the same time, a crowd was gathered around two men engaging in a knockdown, drag out brawl. This in itself might not too unusual, but the crowd suggested that something was up, and several camera phones were out. What was odd was the flickering effect around the two men, as images of...something came through.

Then one, a bulky man in biker leathers with a shaved head, uprooted a fire hydrant and hurled it at the other, punching his jeans-clad form on its ass with a roar and a sizzling hiss where the iron struck. That was certainly less normal.


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

Showing off on camera was... perhaps not the best idea. Cerise moved towards the others as she arrived, recognizing them from Miyu and Regina's descriptions. "So, uh... do we want to handle the crowd somehow...?" she asked.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 25/48 [+22/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | 2nd: 4/4

Nurai parked up near the library, careful to choose a place that wasn't too close to the action to prevent damage but close enough that they could escape to it if needed. She looked up to the sun before muttering to her eidolon who nodded before resuming their usual public appearance on the ground. Nurai locked up, checking before stashed the keys on the carabiner with her other keys and keychains in her jacket pocket.

Nurai nodded to Cerise as she joined the group, the summoner looked over the crowd and action as she listened. "Probably, though first I'd like to get a look at the crowd, see if there are any...instigating factors can be found. There is usually more protocol to prevent such public fighting..." Nurai said before stepped away to quietly cast...

Detect Magic
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

"Good idea. I'm going to try to stop this problem from getting any worse than it is."

Remington works his way through the crowd. He does his best to intersperse himself between the two combatants, and stops between them, holding a palm up to each.

"Gentlemen, please calm down. You are drawing undue attention, and it's reaching outside of Fever, if you know what I mean. This is far too public."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

Jim wasn't sure what to make of the band of misfits Valda had sent over, but he shrugged it off as Remington went to work boldly trying to break up the fight; it was just the kind of distraction he needed to do his own job.

Working a crowd wasn't anything new to Jim, but this time instead of swiping wallets he was after a more difficult mark: phones. More specifically, phones that were already in people's hands. It would take some "stumbles" and probably some clever bluffs, but he was sure he was up to the task.

Trying to steal as many recording phones as possible. I'll use my Invisibility trick to bolster my sleight of hand and make the phones disappear once I snatch them.
Bluff if needed (create distractions, jostle people's phones out of their hands, etc): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 16 + 1 = 30


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

Iron means fae. Damn.

Aurora marches next to Remington, placing a hand on the shoulder of the man struck by the hydrant. "Sir, there is a time and place for violence, but you are now in the demesne of humankind, so it is not here and now. Please abide to human rules, in hospitality's name."

Diplomacy(aid another): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The two men looked at Aurora and Remington, blinking in confusion. They were obviously enraged, but there eyes were unfocused.

Nurai was able to detect quite a lot of magic. An Illusion was on both, as was an Enchantment on the pair as well.

Thankfully, the show allows Jim to steal several of the phones without being noticed as the thief...but the fact the phones was gone was pretty evident, and a cry went up as several people lost there very expensive electronic toys vanished.

1,201 to 1,250 of 2,865 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fevered Dreams All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.