Fevered Dreams

Game Master JonGarrett

Website of Fun


1,451 to 1,500 of 2,943 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>

Overlord Jon wrote:
Nurai, Aroura, Cerise and Jim all get an attack of opportunity.

Not Remington? His AoO is used for Opportune Parry and Riposte only if he is attacked.


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

Is it passing within 5ft of me? Is it battered?


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Yes, Remington too. And yes, within five feet.


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

AoO: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 12 + 1 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 6 + 2 = 12

Two 1s. That's... that's great.

Remington stabs his rapier where the creature used to be, not realizing that the creature had moved on.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai and her shadow laughed warmly in harmony at Jim's remark, Nurai's high voice in an amused tone then said, "We're just getting started..." as the pair reached out to swipe at the sight of the creature starting to flee...

AoO: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 1 = 11Claw Damage: 1d8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 2 = 17Bleed Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 dice roller is loving 1s again

...the shadow growled and the two followed to continue their assault. The shadow did not want whatever this inky mess was to get away from them again.

Claws: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 1 = 21Claw Damage: 1d8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 2 = 13Bleed Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

Remington tries to run past the creature to the door it's headed for. If he makes it there first, he'll slam the door shut.

Using one charge of my magic boots for a bonus to the Acrobatics check.

Acrobatics to get past the creature: 1d20 + 13 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 13 + 5 = 38

20! Of course it is.


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

"Not so fast!"
Aurora's spear shot forward, attempting to grab the creature and drag it down to earth with the blade.
Drag: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 1 = 19
Trip: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 11 + 1 = 23


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

If the thing had feet, she probably would have tried tripping it... but no such luck here. More sparkles gathered around her hand, but this time, they concentrated into claws around her fingertips as Cerise lashed out at the creature. "Where do you think you're going, coward!?"

Melee: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 1 = 23 for Damage: 1d4 + 14 + 2 + 1d4 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 14 + 2 + (1) + 14 + 2 = 35 +2 Bleed damage, and a -2 penalty to its attacks as long as it's bleeding. ...Assuming this creature is capable of suffering that particular condition, of course XD

Bonuses Cerise Gets: +1 to attack, AC and saves, and +2 to weapon damage. (From Aurora)

Bonuses Cerise Gives To Allies: +1 to Saves (All), +1 to Damage Rolls (Humans Only).


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

Jim, lacking the cool spear or sparkle hands, simply pistol-whipped the creature as it moved past.
Gun Kata Unarmed: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 1 + 2 + 1 - 4 = 13,
Damage: 1d4 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 12
Yet the thing moved unnaturally and somehow deflected the blow.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Remington dived into a room blackened with soot, carved with...words was the only detail he could make out, layer upon layed of words carved into the soot black walls.

In the centre of the room was a magic circle of some king, currently glowing with energy, on a single piece of unburnt hardwood flooring. It glowed with eldritch energies.

With Remington between it and the circle, the creature stopped. "Move." Some of the motes caught up with it, returning it to its previous size.

Slam 1 (Remington): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Slam 2 (Remington): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

Time to parry! Woop woop!

Parry: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 2 = 23

Nope!

Remington takes both sludgy slams in the ribs, grunting in pain, but he does not move. He does attack, though.

Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 6 = 14

Iterative Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 6 = 15


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

"Would you kindly DIE?!" screams Aurora, charging at the monster. The dramatic effect is ruined as she skids on the gravel throwing off her balance.

Attack, charge: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 11 + 1 + 2 = 19


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

Jim moves into the room and sees the circle. "Wowee, this is trouble!"
Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Can I break this circle with, say, an alchemist's fire? Maybe something else?


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

Cerise had to dart after the others in order to catch up, and brought a sparkle-covered leg around in an axe kick as she arrived, pivoted, and lashed out as hard as she could.

Melee: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 1 = 12

...Cratering the floor beneath her foot but not actually hitting her target. The magic circle she left to those who understood it, though... "Want me to try and smash that thing?" she called.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai and her shadow gave chase, they agreed with Aurora's sentiment as they lashed out as the creature stopped...

Claws: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 1 = 15Damage: 1d8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 2 = 18Bleed Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

...Nurai could feel her shadow's frustration ripple through them as her eyes shifted to the magic circle. "Another one of those, going to escape again?" she asked mostly rhetorically, clearly disapproving of both concepts.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Jim:
It seems potentially viable, and

"Can't," the thing replied, shrugging off most of the attacks the party tried, and ignored the wounds once Remington inflicted as it once more attacked, seemingly determined to get him out of the way.

Slam 1 (Remington): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Slam 2 (Remington): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

Parry: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16 <--Bleah

"I just don't think you're trying hard enough," Remington ripostes (with his words!)

Attack: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 1 = 30
Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 6 + 2 = 15

Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 1 = 21
Crit Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 6 + 2 = 13

Iterative Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 1 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 6 + 2 = 15


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

"Mm." Cerise noted, fully agreeing with Remington's assessment. For her part, she wasn't going to believe something was immortal until she'd made a darn good try to end it. With that, she stepped to the side to try and flank the thing with Remington, lashing out with both hands in a quick series of strikes.

Killing Spree~
Melee: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 1 + 2 = 19 for Damage: 1d4 + 14 + 2 + 1d4 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 14 + 2 + (4) + 14 + 2 = 37
Melee: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 1 + 2 = 14 Or not. XD

...Alas, she was really off her game today.


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

Well whatever. I'll do it anyway.
Jim pulls out a firebomb and tosses it on the circle.
Attack vs tiny AC: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 1 + 1 = 30, Alchemist's fire dmg: 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 2 = 6


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

The shadow was losing their patience with whatever-it-was and their odd talking. The pair went to attack...

Claw 1: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 1 = 17Damage: 1d8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 2 = 17Bleed Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Claw 2: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 1 = 13Damage: 1d8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 2 = 12Bleed Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Claw 3: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 1 = 28Damage: 1d8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 2 = 19Bleed Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Claw 4: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 1 = 20Damage: 1d8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 2 = 17Bleed Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

...before Nurai spotted the fire bombs being thrown at the magic circle. She shifted backwards as she tried for prepare whatever that was going to cause. Grabbing people and running was most of her thoughts, the shadows' thoughts were less kind.


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

This time, it wasn't Aurora's voice to come from her mouth, but a cold, raspy one. A cruel voice, tense with retribution and revenge, the voice of Reginleif, galvanized by the affront of an immortal. "Death is the law I stand for, Death is the one on whose footsteps I follow. You just made it my duty to slay you."
And the punctuation to that sentence was Geidihr, again pinning the creature on its murderously sharp tip.

Attack, Impale, Power Attack: 1d20 + 11 - 1 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 11 - 1 - 2 + 1 = 28
Damage: 1d8 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 2 + 1 + 3 = 23
Reposition: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 1 = 27
Trip: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 11 + 1 = 29

Swift to renew Serendipity, standard to impale, move to reposition a bit further from Remington, free trip. Reminder that an impaled creature can't move as long as it is impaled.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Aurora's spear impaled the creature, to it's usual lack of concern. Only one of Nurai's claws hurt it, and one of Remingtons. Cerises blow it managed to dodge around.

And then Jim let loose with his fire.

The thing watched it for a moment, then tried desperately to yank itself off the spear as the vial shattered and the symbol began to burn. Then spark.

Grapple: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

The creature tore free, leaving a chunk of itself on the spear in its desperation to escape, and dived past Remington.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

However, it failed to bypass the Swordsman. "NO!" it screamed sharply, this time in several distinctive voices, as the symbols erupted in a flash or released arcane power.

DC 18 Reflex to Half (Force Damage): 5d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 3, 5, 5) = 19

Wood shattered as the boarded windows splintered, the remnants of glass thrown once more into the street. The floor and ceiling both cracked under the impact, the plasterwork of the walls cracking and snapping.

The thing collapsed to its knee, whether under the shockwave or the loss of the circle it's unclear. Dust pours off it in gentle streams, trickling to the floor like a broken hour glass.


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

Reflex: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12 o_O Does this dice roller hate me? That's three 1's in four rolls.

Cerise was not able to dodge out of the way of the burst, though she did lash out in an attack of opportunity as the creature ran.

AoO: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 1 = 30 for Damage: 1d4 + 14 + 2 + 1d4 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 14 + 2 + (4) + 14 + 2 = 37 +2 Bleed Damage.

The good news was that even if she couldn't dodge, Cerise was extremely resilient to magical blasts in general. Past of the power broke against her body, and she quickly began to heal from the damage. (Does SR apply against that effect? Assuming not, but checking anyway. XD)

As it collapsed, however, the girl darted forward and whipped a kick around towards its head. "I've had just about enough of you!" she cried.

Melee Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 1 = 13

Her luck disagreed.


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Remington turns his back and crouches against the blast, taking it's full force on his already battered torso. Though injured, he gracefully uncoils himself with a thrust at the kneeling creature.

Attack: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 12 + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 6 + 2 = 13

Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 1 = 26
Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 6 + 2 = 12

Crit confirm: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 1 = 27
Crit damage: 1d6 + 3 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 6 + 2 = 12


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 The dice roller loves little numbers and hates us all.

Too many things happening at once and options to track though whether two wills and minds trying to keep track was a help or a hindrance was not something either of them considered. Nurai's mind flickered over the loss of being able to fully investigate and compare the circle to the other once as the pair braced for impact when it became obvious it was already too late to run. That seemed to do little about the force the magic was coming from the circle and Nurai winced as she used the link with her shadow to save them some of the pain.

Nurai's glowing eyes watched the creature curiously as she backed up to the door to the room. She was wary of what the magic circle or what the creature might do next and at that moment it seemed mostly downed. She chose to risk getting a bit of information rather than attacking though stood in the doorway to be prepared for if the creature tried to escape back their way before she started to cast...

Detect Magic


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

Reflex: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Jim threw himself out of the way of the blast just before it echoed through the room. He was quickly back on his feet and aiming at the creature, but it sure didn't seem like it was getting back up. He kept his guns trained on it just in case as he considered the thing.
Knowledge planes: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Readied Action: all the bullets


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

Charge, Power Attack: 1d20 + 11 + 2 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 2 - 1 + 1 = 28
Damage: 1d8 + 10 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 22

With a wordless cry of elation and bloodlust, Aurora sprints forward for another, hopefully final blow.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Cerise's attack as the explosion happened, Remingtons blade and Aurora's spear all struck home. Dust poured off the creature, features beginning to collapse.

Disarm (Aroura): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20

Diarm (Remington): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19

Grapple (Cerise): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26

Tentacles of inky darkness lash out at the three attackers as the thing slowly rises up to its feet once more. "Do you know how far we will have to walk?"

Only Cerise was struck by the monster, and quickly felt her own essence being pulled out.

Damage: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

As it did, the creature began to look more liquid again, the dust slowing.

I think I failed to clarify this earlier - No, this thing is not an Outsider.


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

Gotcha. I suspected it wasn't, but it never hurts to check. XD Does it provoke AoO's with its combat maneuvers?

Between her natural resilience and her rapid healing, Cerise wasn't hurt as badly as the creature probably wanted - although she was still a bit worse off than before. (She recovered fast, but not that fast.)

"Haaaahahahahaha! You're a blob! You don't walk anywhere!" Cerise said, sounding like she was completely caught up in the moment now. She didn't even seem worried about the way the creature had grappled her - instead, the sparkles around her hands began to shine even brighter as she began pounding away at the creature.

Killing Spree.
Melee: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 17
Melee: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 15

To... any effect? She seemed to be more excited than effective at the moment.

Really blowing the curve on these rolls lately. XD


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

Yes, we're due for some karmic dice balancing.

Attack: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 1 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 6 + 2 = 12

Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 1 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 6 + 2 = 13

Distracted by Cerise's flailing, Remington fares little better himself.


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

As the thing lashed out again, Jim resumed raining bullets into it.
+1/+1 PBS + 2 invis + 2 flank -2 barrage -2 TWF +1/+2 Aurora's stuff
+1 Light Pistol: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 2 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 2 - 2 + 1 = 29, Damage: 2d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4, 4) + 1 + 1 = 10, Sneak: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 3) = 10
MW Light Pistol: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 2 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 2 - 2 + 1 = 31, Damage: 2d4 + 1 ⇒ (4, 4) + 1 = 9, Sneak: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 3) = 11
+1 Light Pistol: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 2 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 2 - 2 + 1 = 15, Damage: 2d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1, 1) + 1 + 1 = 4, Sneak: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 5) = 8


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Nurai's Detect Magic:
Nurai was able to sense a lingering sense of magic from the circle, but it was slowly fading away. The creature itself contained all known schools of magic, in a swirling and slightly disconcerting swirl of power.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai eyes scanned from the evaporating traces of the magic circle to the strange twisting torrent within the creature. Her own curiosity and the pull of the shadows moved back Nurai towards the fight.

"Not really. How far?" Nurai asked as she considered it possibly useful to know anything about other similar magic circles though really with how the creature has spoken so far she was only slightly sure that was what they were talking about. The shadow expressed their impatience with a deep rumbling sigh before the pair swiped with a clawed hand at the creature.

Claws 1: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 1 = 28Damage: 1d8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 2 = 13Bleed Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

Attack, Power Attack: 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 1 - 1 + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 10 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 2 + 6 = 20
Drag: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 1 = 22
Trip: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 11 + 1 = 24

Geidihr was not so easily separated by its wielder, and again Aurora hammered at the foe.
"I don't care, STAY DOWN!"


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"Like six blocks. It's very awkward." Nurai's claw and Jim's shots slammed into the creature, and it sighed as it body once again became like dust. "I hope you all realize this is very inconvenient." With that it collapsed into a heap of powder on the ground, leaving behind the now mildly burning circle.


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

"I have never seen anything quite like that." Jim declared plainly as he slid the magazines out of his pistols and began shuffling bullets around, only to push them back in and release the slides.
"Aurora, right? Where'd you dig this thing up?"


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

"Oh no, you're inconvenienced. How dreadful." Cerise said. She kicked the pile of powder, then moved over to the circle and simply punched the edge of it in an effort to break it. She wasn't sure what it was, but... frankly, she didn't trust it. Magic circles could do all sorts of freaky things.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The circle broke more. Not much more than the fire was doing, but having a chunk ripped off was not great for it.


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

Aurora regained her breath, petting her smart, smart bird.
"Well, this was the home of the last known King of Fever, burned up ten years ago. I skulked around, and things seemed to be off, so I called three times for anyone present to show. Then it appeared, and well, it was a fight."


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai considered what the creature said as she and the shadows approached what was left of the circle symbols. Might as well try to get a read of whatever is left before the fire and punching destroys it all. She tries to step out the parts of the fire near her side as she fishes out the mess of keychains from her pocket. "Jim, can you take care of your fire while I check this out?" Nurai asks while she took a moment to the safest spot with the most to read, she kneels down to try to see if there any scraps of information she can still get while her shadow leaned standing against the wall as they watched over her...

Cast: Read Magic Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

...while she nods along to Aurora's tale of the events. "Good find if a rough fight. I think Remington, you mentioned finding possibly the most recent one's funeral?" she said, glancing over to the others occasionally as she read through her prism


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84
Nurai Ayaulymkyzy wrote:
"I think Remington, you mentioned finding possibly the most recent one's funeral?"

"Yes, but it's not for a few days hence. In my opinion, much too late to start taking action against this sort of foe."

Remington looks around as everyone pores over the remains of the magic circle. He doesn't contribute much, as this falls well out of his areas of expertise, namely reconciling peoples' arguments and wounding people who can't be reconciled with using an archaic sharpened metal rod. Speaking of which...

"We were talking with the suspicious people we saw observing the brawl, earlier. They were at the automobile repair shop before we left to come here. I'm going to head back and see if I can pick up where we left off. If anybody would like to come with..." Remington nods his head in thanks.

Before he leaves, he says, "If they're not there, I'll meet the rest of you here. If you finish first, meet me there." He makes his way out and back to the auto shop.


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

*Hums 'Never Split The Party'*

"Well, if it could turn violent... I'll go with you." Cerise told Remington. She stretched her hands over her head, and as she did so, the last of the wounds on her body visibly closed. Her clothes were a little worse for wear, but she looked ready to hop right back into trouble if need be.


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

"Try not to be too conspicuous about it." Jim suggested as he looked for ways to squelch the last few embers. He pointed at the man's hat and added, "Maybe get some new threads, amigo. You stand out too much."


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

"Same." Aurora unbraided her long hair, wiping sweat and soot from her brow. "It would be embarrassing if I had to call for you again."
"Not to mention doing so without speaking to avoid attention. You humans have weird body language." cawed in the raven.

Does the armor's ability to change aspect include the ability to change into normal clothes?


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84
Jim Seeker wrote:
"Maybe get some new threads, amigo. You stand out too much."

"Ha ha, not a chance!" And then he's gone.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

*Splutters in incoherentness at splitting the party again.*

Aurora - The armour can become what you need it to be. Just don't expect much of AC bonus from a nice suit.

The Garage:
It takes a few minutes to return to the Garage. Perhaps not too surprisingly, the car - and its owners is now gone. The mechanic who fitted the tire is pottering around, clearing away tools.

Boarded House:
Jim manages to stamp out the last of the embers with only some singeing to his shoes.

Now that the battle has calmed, a word catches Aurora's eye out of all the ones that have been carved into the plaster here - Ragnarok.

Nurai:
The magic of the circle is broken, and would need significant effort to repair. It matches the one at Greengrove House quite closely, if not identically.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

She nodded her thanks to Jim. Nurai glanced up again in confusion at Remington's comment, but distracted by the circle and trying to keep up with the others' comments, he was gone before she could think of a response.

The shadow nodded and chuckled in agreement with the raven, and seemed pleased when Nurai stood up again.

"From what is left, it looks pretty to similar to the one we saw at Valda's new place..." Nurai said as she looked to Aurora as she dusted the soot from her knees. "And another one supposedly in six blocks, all that magic in whatever that was, and whether they are or this" motioning casually to the damage to the room - well, the damage that pre-dated them, "is connected to Fever's problems raises a few more questions. Though, with this being a former King's place, it might have or have had wards or something whoever is doing this might target..." she said as she considered how long it would take to scan a place this size...


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

I can't stop it, but I can at least try to implement the buddy system. XD

"So, uh, what are we looking for?" Cerise asked Remington as they approached the automobile shop. She didn't really know what was going on - she just wanted to make sure that he wouldn't be alone if something went wrong.


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

"Valda had one of these in her house? These things are trouble compadre." Jim said with a *tsk*.
"Let's get what we need from here and catch up to the odd couple out there. I don't want anyone else getting ambushed."


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84
Cerise, the Sparkle Princess wrote:
*Hums 'Never Split The Party'*
Overlord Jon wrote:
*Splutters in incoherentness at splitting the party again.*

I'm glad everyone thinks Remington is doing a good job!

Cerise, the Sparkle Princess wrote:
"So, uh, what are we looking for?" Cerise asked Remington as they approached the automobile shop. She didn't really know what was going on - she just wanted to make sure that he wouldn't be alone if something went wrong.

"I mostly expected the people we're looking for to be gone, by this point. I think we spooked them, unfortunately. Now, they know to look for Mr. Ricardo." Remington says, his tall hat-plume blowing in the breeze created by the oscillating fan in the corner.

"Let me ask the proprietor, and then we can be on our way."

Remington tries to get the names that the two systems analysts gave the garage. I'm expecting that he can't, but if he can, great. If not, maybe he can swipe something they signed that's still on the desk? Then we can merge the party, again.

Diplomacy to get the names from the mechanic: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

1,451 to 1,500 of 2,943 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fevered Dreams All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.