Duboris's "A Dirge For Everything"

Game Master Duboris

Chapter 1: Rebirth and a Song
- The players awake to a new way of life, and the comfort of... a Dirge. The Adventure Begins


301 to 350 of 558 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Female Human Arcanist 3/Inquisitor 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | HP: 19/19, NL: 0 | AC 14/13/11, Cold Resistance 1 | F+4 R +5 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 | Bolts: 4, Arrows: 14, Shocking Grasp: 21, Silent Image: 5, Magic Missile: 15
Spells and Abilities:
Arcanist Spells - 1st: 1/5 | Inquisitor Spells - 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, Judgments: 1/1

"A better question might be is that really a dragon."

The place where the death blow hit itches as Tera recalls how she died. The leering faces of fiends, some with startlingly beautiful faces chitter away in the back of her skull as she tries to take a closer look.

Sczarni

Female Kitsune Bard 3; AC 17, 13 touch 14 flat-footed; HP 21/21, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +4; +5 Initiative, +6 Perception

Hana motions for everyone to keep down and to keep out of sight.

"Best not get involved with whatever she's doing until she involves us; in which case, violence."

She keeps low, watching carefully. How far in the distance?


M Dwarf Fighter 6 / inquisitor 3 | HP 88/88 | AC:23, T:15, F:19 | CMD:25, CMB:+11 | Save (F+11, R+7, W+6) | Init:+6 | Perc: +13 , DV 60'

Bromen nods to the wizard, also keeping his voice to a whisper. "We don't welcome the wyrms, that's for sure. No idea what's going on there but not sure I want t'find out." The dwarf heeds Hana's advice and does his best to stay out unnoticed.


The woman is hardly a dwarf, by the way. She's much taller than the 2 she has with her. She seems to be walking slowly along with the dwarves, and your vantage point found her so early that she's actually a minute and a half from where you guys are.

Feel free to do some role play :D


Male Human Wizard 3, +5 Initiative, +6 Perception, AC 11 / Touch AC 11 / Flat Footed AC10, Saves F+2/ R +w / W +6 HP:19/19

"I don't like the sight of this. A woman, no less in tow with several dwarves gives me the impression she's of authority...or perhaps nobility..." Mused Bannon as he saw the party come closer.

Still, something wasn't right..

Adjusting his collar which had been chaffing his neck, Bannon looks towards Hana.

"You did some impressive work earlier with the brute. Perchance you've a disguise or way to fool these encroaching folks into divulging more information?"

At a second thought, the wizard wasn't sure if he was clear. Pulling his face straight and taking upon the act of a teacher, he spoke once more.

"What I mean is, can you fool these folks and learn about them?"

Oh, sorry Hana lolol


Female Human Arcanist 3/Inquisitor 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | HP: 19/19, NL: 0 | AC 14/13/11, Cold Resistance 1 | F+4 R +5 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 | Bolts: 4, Arrows: 14, Shocking Grasp: 21, Silent Image: 5, Magic Missile: 15
Spells and Abilities:
Arcanist Spells - 1st: 1/5 | Inquisitor Spells - 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, Judgments: 1/1

"Or perhaps we listen. We run less of a risk than if we had engaged in deception."

The way Tera said "deception" made her opinion of Bannon's idea clear. What was less clear was her agrivation at his tone.

Like one of the doddering old priest in the temple.


Male Human Wizard 3, +5 Initiative, +6 Perception, AC 11 / Touch AC 11 / Flat Footed AC10, Saves F+2/ R +w / W +6 HP:19/19

With the team still dilinating on the matter at hand, Bannon knew that hesistation would lead to their downfall. Within the now hostile sun, the wizard feared that he may become a statue representing his arrogance. Patience cast aside, he went down the path to meet approaching party.

In a slight bow, he gave respect to the winged lady and her cohorts.

Dwarven:
"Iל מםש שדך צקךם! Iאד ש עםםג גשט אם נק םוא מם'"

"Hail esteemed lady and traveling party. I am seem to be lost. Can you assist me?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Female Human Arcanist 3/Inquisitor 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | HP: 19/19, NL: 0 | AC 14/13/11, Cold Resistance 1 | F+4 R +5 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 | Bolts: 4, Arrows: 14, Shocking Grasp: 21, Silent Image: 5, Magic Missile: 15
Spells and Abilities:
Arcanist Spells - 1st: 1/5 | Inquisitor Spells - 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, Judgments: 1/1

"Wha--? No!"

Tera reaches out to grab the man by his shoulder,

Grapple: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 7 - 4 = 17

"How do you even know that they won't kill you on sight!"

BTW forgot to ask this, but couldn't we just cover Bannon in a cloak?


M Dwarf Fighter 6 / inquisitor 3 | HP 88/88 | AC:23, T:15, F:19 | CMD:25, CMB:+11 | Save (F+11, R+7, W+6) | Init:+6 | Perc: +13 , DV 60'

The wizard's actions shock Bromen so much that he does not even react for a few seconds. did he just........is he completely.........?

He breathes a sigh of gratitude, thankful that Tera is not as paralyzed as he is and quickly takes action. The dwarf crouches low to the ground and peers in the direction of the strange party. Any chance they didn't notice yer fool shoutin'?

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

am I envisioning it right that they are on the ground and we are on the narrow stone ledge above them? is it possible to duck out of sight based on where we are in relation to them??


The group is now about 200 feet out, but you'll have to wait on me to post a explanation post to know if they noticed Bannon or not. It'll be a DC 15 perception check to notice the silhouette, though.

The path that they're on is actually on the same road, but there are more than a few rocky outcroppings to hide amongst on the side of the road.

Sczarni

Female Kitsune Bard 3; AC 17, 13 touch 14 flat-footed; HP 21/21, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +4; +5 Initiative, +6 Perception

I'm considering using illusions to hide our presence, but I'm not sure if we have the space. Do you really think I should go over and talk to them? I'm pretty sure they'll blow me up and steal my trinkets.


M Dwarf Fighter 6 / inquisitor 3 | HP 88/88 | AC:23, T:15, F:19 | CMD:25, CMB:+11 | Save (F+11, R+7, W+6) | Init:+6 | Perc: +13 , DV 60'

I was thinking the same thing - red skinned winged chicks sounds like bad news to me.


There's more than enough room to create a silent illusion of a spiky wall, if you wish. It's just a matter of keeping still and stealthy as they pass by.

As the group contemplates how to deal with the encroaching party, they're baffled, and ideas are thrown out in just about every direction imaginable. Even the silly ones.

As the group approaches, and the stealthy hana watches them from afar, something in particular is made apparent. The red, winged human/half woman is actually rather injured with plenty of scratches, as well as a pierced left wing. Wherever she just came from, she obviously had some trouble. While a bit charred, her clothing, atleast, what's left of it, is seared black. Her upper body is entirely exposed, but she doesn't seem to mind. Vicious claw marks cover her chest and shoulders. She seems to have been wearing robes.

The Dwarves that accompany her are absolutely loaded down in armor, and both have been scorched to a fine sizzle. It's unclear from this distance if they've been injured, but none of them have their weapons drawn.

They're about 30 seconds away, so any choices that anyone wants to make, I'd suggest making them.

Behind the party, the clicking sound of Roman's trigger is pulled while he leans back against one of the rocks, trying to remain out of sight. He seems rather interested in the goings on, but figures it's better to stay silent as the other group approaches.


Male Human Wizard 3, +5 Initiative, +6 Perception, AC 11 / Touch AC 11 / Flat Footed AC10, Saves F+2/ R +w / W +6 HP:19/19

"What now...?" heaved Bannon as he fell into Tera's grasp.

"Paladin, you've no reason to save me..."

The encroaching party seemed even more reasonably mysterious. This was indeed a moment to record for his thesis - which may prove to be his membership into the Pathfinder Society.


M Dwarf Fighter 6 / inquisitor 3 | HP 88/88 | AC:23, T:15, F:19 | CMD:25, CMB:+11 | Save (F+11, R+7, W+6) | Init:+6 | Perc: +13 , DV 60'

Bromen curses under his breath. He quickly scans his surroundings looking for a place to get out of sight before they run out of time.

He'll hide behind the illusion if that's the plan. Since they are so close he's trying to find a hiding spot of his own in case the illusion isn't ready fast enough.


Female Human Arcanist 3/Inquisitor 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | HP: 19/19, NL: 0 | AC 14/13/11, Cold Resistance 1 | F+4 R +5 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 | Bolts: 4, Arrows: 14, Shocking Grasp: 21, Silent Image: 5, Magic Missile: 15
Spells and Abilities:
Arcanist Spells - 1st: 1/5 | Inquisitor Spells - 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, Judgments: 1/1

Tera wraps Bannon in a bearhug and covers his mouth with one gauntleted hand.

She feels a little cowardly about hiding, but she didn't know if the group could defeat these people if it came to blows. Better to hide and hope they pass without noticing.

As they get closer, the paladin decides, almost on a whim, to see if her fears had gotten the better of her.

Detect Evil. Focusing for as long as they are in range or three rounds, which ever is shorter. I'd also like to know if there's anyway for her to stifle any noise if she gets overwhelmed again? And can we just throw a blanket on Bannon to keep him from getting too stiff? :)

Sczarni

Female Kitsune Bard 3; AC 17, 13 touch 14 flat-footed; HP 21/21, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +4; +5 Initiative, +6 Perception

Hana quickly conjures an illusion of a thick pile of rocks to hide behind, crouching low behind it and staying silent.


As the group passes by, the illusion is translucent on this end, as you're all very aware that it's fake. That said, watching the woman go by, it's apparent that she didn't notice a thing, and neither did her dwarves.

As the woman walks by, there are some things of importance to note. For starters, her scales completely engross her shoulders and neck, and her wings are apparently vestigial, if just too weak to use. She's in the middle of a conversation, from the looks of it, and she's being rather loud about it. She has a rather large rune carved into her chest, from the looks of it. It's a rather simple unfinished triangle with one side missing, the right side.

She flails her arms rather wide during the conversation; "Zaskrik you bastard! Lissssten!" A forked tongue protrudes from her mouth as she says the word, and even she seems a bit surprised for a moment. "He was absolutely unwilling! The dam fool almost killed us! I lost 2 of these hollow fools to him!"

She pauses a moment, as if listening. "What the hell do you MEAN? How in the hell could this POSSIBLY. BE! My fault!? You were the one that wanted me to go get the damned gems! He didn't even HAVE ANY! What kind of dragon, and yes, I'm yelling at you on this one, DOESN'T HAVE A RESPECTABLE HORDE! He's an embarrassment! You should have just let me ki-"

Her voice practically carries for miles. Whoever, or whatever she's talking to apparently isn't having it as she seems interrupted. Her eyes alight all of a sudden in a blasphemous rage, at which point she literally throws a hissy fit; starting by clawing one of the dwarves in the throat and literally hurling it off the side of the cliff before becoming furious enough to claw at the ground. The dwarf didn't seem to resist.

"I WILL KILL WHOEVER I DAM WELL PLEASE, APPRENTICESHIP OR NOT! YOU'LL GET YOUR SHINY ROCKS YOU INTREPID LIZARD!"

She makes some movements with her hands, then just yells out for quite some time, screaming as loud as she can. The other dwarf was apparently not affected by this spectacle at all. It's at this moment that her hair actually seems chitinous, rather than wavy, as it spikes up in her fury.

The woman is far too infuriated to even care that someone might be watching her through an illusion, and goes about complaining as she walks out of earshot and things become difficult to listen to.

As she passes by, the woman apparently has a tail as well, you all notice.

Tera Flinders:
Do I even need to tell you that this person's evil? The detection over the course of all that time reveals that she's most definitely evil, though, not enough to stun you, however, but she certainly isn't nice. The dwarfs have an aura of evil about them as well.

Woman: Faint Evil
1 Dwarf: Faint Evil

Also I'd like to point out that menial clothing and/or sheets will not protect Bannon from the sunlight, a fact he fully knows. He literally has to be out of direct sunlight, and that means having atleast 2 inches of anythingbetween him and the the sun.


Female Human Arcanist 3/Inquisitor 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | HP: 19/19, NL: 0 | AC 14/13/11, Cold Resistance 1 | F+4 R +5 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 | Bolts: 4, Arrows: 14, Shocking Grasp: 21, Silent Image: 5, Magic Missile: 15
Spells and Abilities:
Arcanist Spells - 1st: 1/5 | Inquisitor Spells - 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, Judgments: 1/1

Okay, that makes no sense. Leather is opaque and doesn't have any holes in it to allow light through, how is it that doesn't work? I can understand something like cotton, or some other fabric, but something solid? I'm sorry I'm having a hard time swallowing that.


Think of it like this. The curse is pretty potent, for starters. Throwing on leather and completely shrouding him up is enough for trolls, and while this works similarly to how they turn to stone, albeit, not instantly, that is, it still works via a curse. If you're in the prescence of natural sunlight, the curse effects you. It doesn't have to hit you, it just has to be near the "energies" of the sunlight itself.

Sort of backwards to the curse's inverse. You would have to stay in direct sunlight not to turn to stone. Wearing clothing wouldn't turn your body to stone because it's not direct. Feasible?


M Dwarf Fighter 6 / inquisitor 3 | HP 88/88 | AC:23, T:15, F:19 | CMD:25, CMB:+11 | Save (F+11, R+7, W+6) | Init:+6 | Perc: +13 , DV 60'

Seems feasible. Not at all COOL, but feasible. Don't mind me, Im over in the corner possessively stroking the ring that helps me find precious stones.......

As she passes, Bromen checks her feet. Can I assume she's wearing heels like the tracks we saw earlier?


Yes you can.


Oh and if you're wondering why you're character isn't down a negative level with 2... I mean, 1 dwarf infront of you, apparently, that's pretty important and I didn't miss it.

Let that sink in.


Male Human Wizard 3, +5 Initiative, +6 Perception, AC 11 / Touch AC 11 / Flat Footed AC10, Saves F+2/ R +w / W +6 HP:19/19

Struggling against the armored hulk of righteousness, Bannon felt like a child again being wrestled by his older cousin.

"Confounded woman needn't hold me any longer..."

CMB to break grapple: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Realizing that he lacked the physical strength to break free, he resorted to words.

"Tera, while I'm flattered that you wish to embrace me and protect me from evil, can you do so while not crushing my body!!!". Roared the Wizard in protest.


Unnamed Female Perception Check: 1d20 ⇒ 9

Rather fortunate, despite bannon's outburst, the woman keeps walking, absolutely lost in her furious thoughts, a hand freshly stained in blood.

Curious enough, the dwarf that's with her is no farther than 20 feet away as it passes, more than close enough for Bromen's curse to take effect, but it does not. His mind is not assaulted in the slightest and he feels nary a twinge of madness.

The fact that the remaining dwarf was, in fact, a dwarf, was apparent, however, judging from his height and armor. He even walked like one, but never said a word despite the woman's ravings.

What does everyone do?


Female Human Arcanist 3/Inquisitor 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | HP: 19/19, NL: 0 | AC 14/13/11, Cold Resistance 1 | F+4 R +5 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 | Bolts: 4, Arrows: 14, Shocking Grasp: 21, Silent Image: 5, Magic Missile: 15
Spells and Abilities:
Arcanist Spells - 1st: 1/5 | Inquisitor Spells - 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, Judgments: 1/1

"Pardon me for trying to keep you from dying. Keep your voice down, they'll hear, and I'd rather not be fighting more dragons than I have to today."

There's an edge to Tera's voice as she lets go of the wizard. She puzzles about the dwarf for a moment then turns to Bromen.

"You're from around here, right? Why was that dwarf acting like that?"


M Dwarf Fighter 6 / inquisitor 3 | HP 88/88 | AC:23, T:15, F:19 | CMD:25, CMB:+11 | Save (F+11, R+7, W+6) | Init:+6 | Perc: +13 , DV 60'

It is not until after the strange party passes that Bromen realizes the ring's curse did not react to the dwarves. "Hollow fools....?" He turns to Tera. "I'm not sure those were dwarves anymore.......At least, this cursed ring didn't think so."

"Let's get to the forge and get those tools." he whispers, his eyes still following the woman and maybe-dwarf. "Sounds like they tried t'negotiate with a dragon and it killed two 'em. She said 'unwilling'. Let's hope that's not the wyrm who's taken over the smithy or Arcus's idea of bribing our way to the tools won't be working."

He glances back again at the woman and her companion as they walk off into the distance. "Thought my destiny would never let me return home. Now I can't wait to get out of here."


Male Human Wizard 3, +5 Initiative, +6 Perception, AC 11 / Touch AC 11 / Flat Footed AC10, Saves F+2/ R +w / W +6 HP:19/19

"That makes two of us, dwarf" said Bannon as he shuffled his now wrinkly robes. Giving a sidelong glance at the Paladin, he stood up and peered at the vista before him.

"In one day and age, this may have been quite the mountain. But look, we're now pebbles squabbling within the shadow of the earthen giants. Oh how I miss those days..."

Keeping a foothold thanks to his walking stick, Bannon addressed the group.

"Welp, we've to assume that this woman knows of the Wyrmling. Though it may be devious, sometimes having our enemies destroy each other...could be prove to be useful." Pulling out his spellbook, he remembered a note he scratched somewhere about dragons. "Its no brainer that our esteemed hostess has quite the temper. We could always help her channel such ire. Wouldn't you agree, Bromen?"


M Dwarf Fighter 6 / inquisitor 3 | HP 88/88 | AC:23, T:15, F:19 | CMD:25, CMB:+11 | Save (F+11, R+7, W+6) | Init:+6 | Perc: +13 , DV 60'

Duboris, is the winged chick heading away from where we think the forge is or toward it?


She is heading away from there.


M Dwarf Fighter 6 / inquisitor 3 | HP 88/88 | AC:23, T:15, F:19 | CMD:25, CMB:+11 | Save (F+11, R+7, W+6) | Init:+6 | Perc: +13 , DV 60'

"Looks like all that winged .... whatever she was......did give the wyrm a taste for dwarven appetizers." His grip tightens on his dorn. "Sounds like she'd fight the beastie, but what are ye thinking we can do t'make her do it?"

Without destroying the smithy


Male Human Wizard 3, +5 Initiative, +6 Perception, AC 11 / Touch AC 11 / Flat Footed AC10, Saves F+2/ R +w / W +6 HP:19/19

He passed a hand through his greyed locks and replied. "She seems quite ornery. I can't imagine that her relationship with our supposed enemy is...rather hostile. I don't think it take much to convince her to uprise."


M Dwarf Fighter 6 / inquisitor 3 | HP 88/88 | AC:23, T:15, F:19 | CMD:25, CMB:+11 | Save (F+11, R+7, W+6) | Init:+6 | Perc: +13 , DV 60'

Yer last great idea was to jump out n' ask for directions

"And how we gonna do that without her just killin' us instead? Don't want that ire channeled at us!"

Bromen looks down the path the strange group traveled then back up the road toward the smithy. Another tightening of his grip on his weapon. "Let em go and keep movin' forward. Less chitchat, more combat."


Male Human Wizard 3, +5 Initiative, +6 Perception, AC 11 / Touch AC 11 / Flat Footed AC10, Saves F+2/ R +w / W +6 HP:19/19

"Easy, we'd just find out what upsets her and feed convince her that the Wyrmling has to go. I'd bet she would understand. Besides, its alot better than just standing here on this rock!" the wizard said with a puff, as the rest of the party sat in idle silence.

"Don't take my initiative as a sign of my desperation. I may be cursed, but that doesn't mean I'm inept or going to die. There are far worse things to fear in life...like Archeademons. Those beasts rips souls before they make it to Pharasma's Boneyard - no salvation. So tut tut, and lets go!"

Sczarni

Female Kitsune Bard 3; AC 17, 13 touch 14 flat-footed; HP 21/21, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +4; +5 Initiative, +6 Perception

"Third time's a charm. Let's move on."

Hana ends the illusion once they're in relative safety-- but not before turning it into a collection of rabbits and smiling at it before slipping down the path. The rabbits dissolve into nothingness.


Female Human Arcanist 3/Inquisitor 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | HP: 19/19, NL: 0 | AC 14/13/11, Cold Resistance 1 | F+4 R +5 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 | Bolts: 4, Arrows: 14, Shocking Grasp: 21, Silent Image: 5, Magic Missile: 15
Spells and Abilities:
Arcanist Spells - 1st: 1/5 | Inquisitor Spells - 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, Judgments: 1/1

"Agreed." Tera gives Hana a half-smile as she watches the illusion become a pile of rabbits. She follows the rogue at a distance, but close enough that she could charge in if necessary. Her hands grip her halberd as the tension slowly rises.


So if I'm following this correctly, you're engaging the dragon-lady in conversation? Or are you heading on and avoiding her entirely?


M Dwarf Fighter 6 / inquisitor 3 | HP 88/88 | AC:23, T:15, F:19 | CMD:25, CMB:+11 | Save (F+11, R+7, W+6) | Init:+6 | Perc: +13 , DV 60'

to me, "move on" means move forward toward the smithy.........not go get killed by the winged crazy lady. Bromen wants to go to let them go


Male Human Wizard 3, +5 Initiative, +6 Perception, AC 11 / Touch AC 11 / Flat Footed AC10, Saves F+2/ R +w / W +6 HP:19/19

Bannon wants at best to converse with the Dragon Lady.


Female Human Arcanist 3/Inquisitor 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | HP: 19/19, NL: 0 | AC 14/13/11, Cold Resistance 1 | F+4 R +5 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 | Bolts: 4, Arrows: 14, Shocking Grasp: 21, Silent Image: 5, Magic Missile: 15
Spells and Abilities:
Arcanist Spells - 1st: 1/5 | Inquisitor Spells - 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, Judgments: 1/1

Avoid. Althought it could be fun to see what happens if Bannon uses his brand of diplomacy on her.


Male Human Wizard 3, +5 Initiative, +6 Perception, AC 11 / Touch AC 11 / Flat Footed AC10, Saves F+2/ R +w / W +6 HP:19/19

Whats the matter Tera, I thought paladins were immune to fear ;) ???


M Dwarf Fighter 6 / inquisitor 3 | HP 88/88 | AC:23, T:15, F:19 | CMD:25, CMB:+11 | Save (F+11, R+7, W+6) | Init:+6 | Perc: +13 , DV 60'

I think those are only the Lawful Stupid ones.......


Male Human Wizard 3, +5 Initiative, +6 Perception, AC 11 / Touch AC 11 / Flat Footed AC10, Saves F+2/ R +w / W +6 HP:19/19

Its okay, Paladin hides behind her armor and gods while Bannon is powered by raw skill of magics:P


I'd personally like to request that blue text conversations simply take place in the discussion part from now on. It's getting a bit cluttered, now XD. That said, I have the feeling that Bannon may very well get the dragon lady's attention, and so I need to wait on him to post his "I want to do this" post before I can carry along. Feel free to have some roleplay conversation in-game in the meantime, but let this, my blue post, be the last one we post in here.

Small posts at the end of in-game things like tiny questions are fine, but we've been using them for primarily blue conversation. Let's keep going :D


Male Human Wizard 3, +5 Initiative, +6 Perception, AC 11 / Touch AC 11 / Flat Footed AC10, Saves F+2/ R +w / W +6 HP:19/19

Pressing aside from his allies, Bannon makes his way down to hail the now leaving entourage.

Calling out in a friendly voice.

"Trouble with a dragon you say?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Female Human Arcanist 3/Inquisitor 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | HP: 19/19, NL: 0 | AC 14/13/11, Cold Resistance 1 | F+4 R +5 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 | Bolts: 4, Arrows: 14, Shocking Grasp: 21, Silent Image: 5, Magic Missile: 15
Spells and Abilities:
Arcanist Spells - 1st: 1/5 | Inquisitor Spells - 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, Judgments: 1/1

It's a strange thing, one moment, they were on their way to the smithy to complete the task handed to them.

The next she's left dumbfounded as Bannon, a man who prides himself on his wits rushes after the person they just saw fling a dwarf to his doom.

"I think I need to rethink my position on knocking sense into people."

She hustles off behind the wizard, praying that this wouldn't go as badly as she feared.


At the sound of Bannon's voice, the "Dwarf" to the woman's left immediately draws his weapon, and turns on his heel and puts up a guarded stance, assumedly ready for anything. He speaks no words but stays immobile.

The woman, however, is entirely different. While the dwarf stands idle, she retrieves her wand, and turns slowly with her head cocked to the side and long, chitinous hair following suit.

Pointing the wand down at the ground, she looks the group over. She's rather shameless, and doesn't attempt to hide her upper body in the slightest. Running a claw through her hair she sighs, then grins a little as she and the dwarf begin to walk forward towards the lot of you rather slowly. 60 feet away.

"I just can't get a break today. Who are you louts?"

She seems rather frustrated.


Male Human Wizard 3, +5 Initiative, +6 Perception, AC 11 / Touch AC 11 / Flat Footed AC10, Saves F+2/ R +w / W +6 HP:19/19

Without the slightest shred of doubt, Bannon smoothed his crinkly robes and regarded the entourage with respect.

"Alas, we are travelers lost within these mountains. I mean no harm, but I couldn't help to notice that you were betroubled. I am called Bancroft Gainsborough, or simply Bannon. May I have the honors of knowing you?"

Also, I'd like to point out that I hadn't chosen my Resistance, so I'd like to point out its - Fire

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Sense Motive ( Is she going to kill me? ): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


She removes her hand from her chitinous hair as the group turns around, rather surprised at the very fact Bannon would even consider conversation with the dragon-esque lady.

She smiles when you say you're lost. Fiddling with a wrather awry chitinous follicle, she says; "Lost? Right, well, you guys wouldn't happen to have a healer among you, hmm? Seem like the rather standard adventuring group, no?." she accidentally rips the hair out, and it actually looks like a spine of sorts. She smirks, and tosses it over the side of the cliff. "Oh and to answer that other question, No."

Bannon:
You have absolutely no idea how this woman feels toward you, or the group, for that matter.

Bromen:
A neat fact about the mountains you guys are currently in. You don't merely just get lost in them, that's literally not possible unless you have a reason for being here. These things are literally multiple days away from the nearest Dwarven settlement.

The very fact that this woman bought that means she's either got something planned, or is extremely ill-informed about the area and just a hermit of sorts. You doubt that, unless of course the thing she was yelling at earlier was just a very angry imaginary friend. Which you also doubt.

That said, another thing. There's no way the woman can't be suspicious, as there aren't any caves in this part of the trail to come out of. She's probably wondering how she avoided seeing the lot of you on a 1 way trail. Being the only dwarf in the party you notice this with no problem, but still have plenty of reason to worry.


Male Human Wizard 3, +5 Initiative, +6 Perception, AC 11 / Touch AC 11 / Flat Footed AC10, Saves F+2/ R +w / W +6 HP:19/19

"I'm afraid not, M'Lady. Ours had been succumbed to a rockfall earlier...leaving us with the dire need to find some sort of caster." replied the Wizard.

Must be careful with how I proceed. This may become a tricky situation...
*Bluff Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

*Edit, forgot to include the bluff check

301 to 350 of 558 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / "A Dirge for the Future" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.