Duboris's "A Dirge For Everything"

Game Master Duboris

Chapter 1: Rebirth and a Song
- The players awake to a new way of life, and the comfort of... a Dirge. The Adventure Begins


401 to 450 of 558 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Female Human Arcanist 3/Inquisitor 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | HP: 19/19, NL: 0 | AC 14/13/11, Cold Resistance 1 | F+4 R +5 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 | Bolts: 4, Arrows: 14, Shocking Grasp: 21, Silent Image: 5, Magic Missile: 15
Spells and Abilities:
Arcanist Spells - 1st: 1/5 | Inquisitor Spells - 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, Judgments: 1/1

"He wishes to trade, and I do not know his name. I haven't asked for it."

Tera continues to show an air of calm, but her stomach is starting to twist into knots as she continues to wonder if this is the right course of action.

"ມີບາງສິ່ງບາງຢ່າງໂດຍສະເພາະແມ່ນທ່ານຕ້ອງການທີ່ຈະມີຫຼືເຮັດເບິ່ງ?"

Draconic:
Is there something in particular you wish to have or see done?

Sczarni

Female Kitsune Bard 3; AC 17, 13 touch 14 flat-footed; HP 21/21, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +4; +5 Initiative, +6 Perception

Hana nods, surprised. She supposed it was up to the paladin to negotiate, now, and waits with patience.


Pinching 2 of his forefingers together, he rubs some dirt between them as he enjoys his lounging. As he grooms himself, he speaks, unamused with the blabbering of the others. The paladin seems to have most of his attention, but he keeps making full-body, glances over at his hoard.

"ມີບາງສິ່ງບາງຢ່າງໂດຍສະເພ... າະແມ່ນທ່ານຕ້ອງການທີ່ຈະມີຫຼືເຮັດເບິ່ມີບາງສິ່ງບາງຢ່າງໂດຍສະເພາະແມ່ນທ່ານຕ້ອງການ ທີ່ຈະມີ" He stretches out, wincing a little at his wing, but then he stretches it till it pops and he sort of seems relieved.

Draconic:
"I've an interest in the... goings on, of that freak Esmeralda. Perhaps you know something of her I do not?"

"ມີບາງສິ່ງບາງຢ່າງໂດຍສະເພາະແມ່ນທ່ານຕ້ອງການທີ່ຈະມີຫຼືເຮັດເບິ່ມີບາງສິ່ງບາງຢ່າງ ໂດຍສະເພາະແມ່ນທ່ານຕ້ອງການທີ່ຈະມີ..." He seems at a loss for words. Quickly he jumps up and leaps over to the horde. He picks up the book with the gem inlaid into it, and lays down on top of the mound. On it's side, the book has a lock, and judging from the trouble the dragon has opening it, it's working.

Draconic:
"The woman that made such a mess of my humble abode was what I..."

Disable Device: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

"ມີບາງສິ່ງບາງຢ່າງໂດຍສະເພາະແມ່ນທ່ານຕ້ອງການທີ່ຈະມີຫຼືເຮັດເບິ່ມີບາງສິ່ງບາງຢ່າງ ໂດຍສະເພາະແມ່ນທ່ານຕ້ອງການທີ່ຈະມີຫຼືເຮັດເບິ່ງງ" As he continues to fruitlessly try opening the lock on the side of the book with but one simple talon, he continues to speak. "ມີບາງສິ່ງບາງຢ່າງໂດຍສະເພາະແມ່ນທ່ານຕ້ອງການທີ່ຈະມີຫຼືເຮັດເບິ່ງ?"

Draconic:
"Blast it! I'd snatched this from a prior engagement. It has all the answers about these fools's plans..."

"I've the feeling you've nothing shiny to trade, no?"


Female Human Arcanist 3/Inquisitor 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | HP: 19/19, NL: 0 | AC 14/13/11, Cold Resistance 1 | F+4 R +5 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 | Bolts: 4, Arrows: 14, Shocking Grasp: 21, Silent Image: 5, Magic Missile: 15
Spells and Abilities:
Arcanist Spells - 1st: 1/5 | Inquisitor Spells - 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, Judgments: 1/1

"ຖ້າຫາກທ່ານບໍ່ໃຈ, ຂ້າພະເຈົ້າຢາກຈະໃຊ້ເວລາປະຈຸເພື່ອປຶກສາຫາລືນີ້ມີຜູກພັນຂອງຂ້າພະເຈົ້າເປັນ. ຂ້າພະເຈົ້າບໍ່ມີຫຍັງທີ່ສໍາລັບການຄ້າ, ແຕ່ຫນຶ່ງຂອງເຂົາເຈົ້າອາດຈະ."

Draconic:
If you do not mind, I would like to take a moment to discuss this with my allies. I do not have anything for a trade, but one of them may.

She politely waits for the dragon's response.


"By all means."

The words sort of come out garbled, but understandable. He practically spits out the L's, however. He says this as he presents his palm, beckoning you to go ahead.

As you discuss, he picks up and bites a piece of gold, apparently testing it's realism.


Female Human Arcanist 3/Inquisitor 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | HP: 19/19, NL: 0 | AC 14/13/11, Cold Resistance 1 | F+4 R +5 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 | Bolts: 4, Arrows: 14, Shocking Grasp: 21, Silent Image: 5, Magic Missile: 15
Spells and Abilities:
Arcanist Spells - 1st: 1/5 | Inquisitor Spells - 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, Judgments: 1/1

So, am I right in assuming that last bit is in common.

"ຂໍຂອບໃຈທ່ານ"

Draconic:
Thank you.

Turning to the others, Tera's face seems a little paler than normal.

"Do we have anything we can use for a trade, perhaps opening that book for him?"


It was in fact, common, yes.

Sczarni

Female Kitsune Bard 3; AC 17, 13 touch 14 flat-footed; HP 21/21, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +4; +5 Initiative, +6 Perception

"Remember the box at the bridge?" she says to Tera with a raised eyebrow. "We're not locksmiths."

She shrugs. "Unless he wants me to sing him a pretty song, I have nothing worth sleeping on."


Female Human Arcanist 3/Inquisitor 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | HP: 19/19, NL: 0 | AC 14/13/11, Cold Resistance 1 | F+4 R +5 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 | Bolts: 4, Arrows: 14, Shocking Grasp: 21, Silent Image: 5, Magic Missile: 15
Spells and Abilities:
Arcanist Spells - 1st: 1/5 | Inquisitor Spells - 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, Judgments: 1/1

"We could sing a duet, but if was after some songbirds, he'd have probably roasted the boys and tried to trap us."


M Dwarf Fighter 6 / inquisitor 3 | HP 88/88 | AC:23, T:15, F:19 | CMD:25, CMB:+11 | Save (F+11, R+7, W+6) | Init:+6 | Perc: +13 , DV 60'

Bromen almost chuckles at the mention of the box, then he looks down at the cursed ring on his hand and the laughter dies.

"Don't ask me, ye saw how I open locks."


hp 28/28, grit 2/3 Male Human Gunslinger 1 / Fighter 2

"You know, if I got right what they told us in the creepy place we got resurrected... it ain't just goods we can trade." Roman has been withholding his curiosity for a while, but now he has to try it.

He picks up a small rock, or the less valuable item he can find in the room. He concentrates, trying to remeber what Marco and Arcus told him, trying to will the thing into Aether.

"Ah been thinking 'bout that Heyther thing. We have the ability to bring back stuff allright... but the way I see it, we also have the ability to make stuff disappear from the real world. That must be worth something, right?". He holds the rock in his hand, expecting it to dissolve the next moment.

About time I tried this.


Male Human Wizard 3, +5 Initiative, +6 Perception, AC 11 / Touch AC 11 / Flat Footed AC10, Saves F+2/ R +w / W +6 HP:19/19

Cursed items held little value to a merchant, but to a dragon it may mean a different thing. While Bannon wasn't opposed to passing off his first round of loot, maybe trading the other cursed rings with the wyrmling may by him an opportunity to get Arcus' gear.

"Oy Hana, those rings we found earlier - the Lady and the SnowFlake One - perhaps our 'friend' might like em?"


After a short time, Roman, the rock in your hand seems to burn out of existence. A soft, white light consumes it as tiny particles of it seem to drift away and lose their light. The particles actually drift into your hand, disappearing from sight.

There is nothing left, however, of the rock.

Roman:
As you stare at the rock quizzically for a moment, curious about what just happened, a voice speaks in your mind. "It's about time! Jeez, you guys have been in the dark for like 3 hours now. Most of the new guys tend to Aetherize something as soon as they hit the ground!

I'm looking at at least 1943 Aetherite! That's excluding the spells in that book, of course. That's a whole different kind of useful. Listen to me, boy. I'm only gonna ask this of ya once. There's something in there that I want, but it's not in the horde. Arcus most likely doesn't trust you with it, and the mutt there probably doesn't even realize it's there...

There's a stone in the forge, and it's the only reason it's still burning. Arcus likely didn't inform anyone of it, but it's worth more than his trinkets! I bet the dragon doesn't even know it's there! You have to bring me it. Marco might make the casual magical tools, but the one's I've got aren't just magic. They're Wonderous There'll be one for you, if you can bring me that... A minor one, much like the rock in there, but still!

C'mon... C'mon!

The voice fades after his rant.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 2 = 17 Circumstance bonus included

Looking at the furnace, the flames in it do seem quite unnatural, and the doors actually seem to be welded shut. Along with that, you're pretty sure there'd need to be coal somewhere in here for a regular furnace to run properly...

The dragon eyes the scene curiously, but doesn't say anything about it, but when the mentioning of "Rings" is said and done, the dragon perks up, sitting atleast a foot taller than prior, almost like a lemur. His wings flap in delight at the possibilities.

"Whakt Rinks?" he asks, making it a point to look for them.

The rock is not valuable enough to have a substantial effect on you're experience/aether, nor is it valuable enough to be reconstituted in the Aether

Sczarni

Female Kitsune Bard 3; AC 17, 13 touch 14 flat-footed; HP 21/21, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +4; +5 Initiative, +6 Perception

There was a deadly quiet from Hana.

On one hand, the dragon might know. It would more than likely know and it would immediately tear the person apart.

On the other hand, Tera might disapprove. She would defend this skull-sucking creature until she was blue in the face, no doubt, even if it threw its knife-claws into her back and told her it was scratching her.

On the other hand, what was a little harmless fun?

And on the other hand... well, look at the dragon's face? So haughty, so noble... Look at the dragon's face... so arrogant.

Hana gasps dramatically. "But... they're so expensive and so magical. Will we give them up just like that? I thought they were worth a fortune!" She casts a look of horror and betrayal to Bannon. "You can't be thinking of..."

Bluff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


Sense motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 The hell was in those books?

The dragon eyes Hana with whimsy at first, but as she lays it on thick he slouches down, almost prone, poised to leap as raging fire fills his gullet. Through the fire and flames, he states; "Wokman, I mayk beek younk but I am nakt so fooliskk ask to beliek such poor aukting!"

The words bite through his poor, under-aged common, but he slowly loses interest in getting his point across. Quickly turning his head to Tera, he seems angry, almost betrayed. "ມີບາງສິ່ງບາງຢ່າງໂດຍສະເພາະແມ່ນທ່ານຕ້ອງການທີ່ຈະມີຫຼືເຮັດເບິ່ມີບາງສິ່ງບາງຢ່າງ ໂດຍສະເພາະແມ່ນທ່ານຕ້ອງການທີ່ຈະມີຫຼືເຮັດເບິ່ງງ!!

He slouches a moment, thinking for a time, before saying; "I wishhh to see thesk rinks!"

Draconic:
"You're ally has had the audacity to attempt to fool me! I will not be made a fool of in my own den!


M Dwarf Fighter 6 / inquisitor 3 | HP 88/88 | AC:23, T:15, F:19 | CMD:25, CMB:+11 | Save (F+11, R+7, W+6) | Init:+6 | Perc: +13 , DV 60'

he's not a dwarf but he's mackin on my ring .... any reaction from the curse?


Female Human Arcanist 3/Inquisitor 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | HP: 19/19, NL: 0 | AC 14/13/11, Cold Resistance 1 | F+4 R +5 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 | Bolts: 4, Arrows: 14, Shocking Grasp: 21, Silent Image: 5, Magic Missile: 15
Spells and Abilities:
Arcanist Spells - 1st: 1/5 | Inquisitor Spells - 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, Judgments: 1/1

Tera felt like throwing up. She only had the gear, the gear that she needed so she could fight if need be, to trade. She felt she had managed to negotiate to a point where they might be able to get what they came by doing the dragon a favor, or two. She had hoped that perhaps she could convince this dragon to turn away from the wicked ways of his kin with time.

And now she was right back where she had started because of Hana's attempt to fool the dragon. She grabs both Hana and Bannon, while managing to throw a glare at Roman.

"What are you thinking? Are you trying to make him kill us?!"

I apologize in advance if this causes a TPK.


Bromen, the ring reacts to other dwarves in the area by making you paranoid about them wanting it. A dragon, or any other race for that matter, actually wanting the ring, does not affect you.

Sczarni

Female Kitsune Bard 3; AC 17, 13 touch 14 flat-footed; HP 21/21, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +4; +5 Initiative, +6 Perception

"Poor?!" she says with a quizzical look, giving up the act immediately.

She looks at Tera and then looks at the dragon. In all honesty, she would rather kill him and take all of this and make an ally of the dragon woman than make an enemy of her and have this hideous thing continue to exist around. They had nothing to trade it. It was going to eat them and she was letting it decide the battle field. They were going to help it cook them.

Pointedly, she asks "Are you?" hoping that the paladin would get the point. You couldn't trust them. It didn't care. It was going to use them and then kill them because that's what evil things do.


hp 28/28, grit 2/3 Male Human Gunslinger 1 / Fighter 2
Quote:
I apologize in advance if this causes a TPK.

That's the best sentence ever written in a PbP.

More Heyther sorcery. That's great. Who in the Nine Hells was that voice? Roman has a puzzled look on his face.

We have the guy who is born here, two know-it-alls and a paladin who can sweet-talk a dragon... and of course it's poor ol' me who gets the weird request.

He gets closer to Bromen, hoping that the discussion between the two girls would distract the dragon.

"Човек, добивме барање од Аркус или една од луѓе на Neksus или што и he says pointing discretely at the Forge она што знаеш за огнот што гори без јаглен?

Dwarven:
We got a request from Arcus or one of the folks at the Neksus or whatever... what do you know about the fire that burns with no coals?


M Dwarf Fighter 6 / inquisitor 3 | HP 88/88 | AC:23, T:15, F:19 | CMD:25, CMB:+11 | Save (F+11, R+7, W+6) | Init:+6 | Perc: +13 , DV 60'

Seeing things quickly falling apart, Bromen tries to remember anything valuable that might help. Damn prophesy - Im probably the only dwarf who learned NUTHIN about forgecraft!

Knowledge (with Hazrit bonus?): 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 1 + 2 = 22 to see what Bromen knows about that


Bromen:
The knowledge check for that is actually an engineering, which you unfortunately do not have trained.

However, the high roll, along with the Hazrit bonus, gives you a total of 13.

In light of that, you know for a fact that Forges require cumbersome amounts of coal to function, and a blacksmith such as Arcus no doubt moved mountains for his craft. The fact that a still-burning forge is here, and not a speck of coal dust anywhere in his old forging area, is rather strange, to say the least.


Female Human Arcanist 3/Inquisitor 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | HP: 19/19, NL: 0 | AC 14/13/11, Cold Resistance 1 | F+4 R +5 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 | Bolts: 4, Arrows: 14, Shocking Grasp: 21, Silent Image: 5, Magic Missile: 15
Spells and Abilities:
Arcanist Spells - 1st: 1/5 | Inquisitor Spells - 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, Judgments: 1/1

"I'm not the one besmirching someone's honor by trying to palm off cursed rings! I will not attack him until he attacks me, or I believe he cannot become good."

Tera hisses through clenched teeth. Her face flushing darkly as she tries not to lose control of her temper.

Insults she can take, being accused of trying to get everyone killed was something that raised her ire faster than calling a dwarf a goblin would was his.

This is turning into an interesting bit of RP. :)

Sczarni

Female Kitsune Bard 3; AC 17, 13 touch 14 flat-footed; HP 21/21, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +4; +5 Initiative, +6 Perception

"Red dragons have a history of being misunderstood in your city, it seems. Good to know where you stand."

Hana hopes that Tera will lose her temper; she's in perfect control of her own emotions. "Calm yourself. I think he wants the rings anyways, dear."


Female Human Arcanist 3/Inquisitor 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | HP: 19/19, NL: 0 | AC 14/13/11, Cold Resistance 1 | F+4 R +5 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 | Bolts: 4, Arrows: 14, Shocking Grasp: 21, Silent Image: 5, Magic Missile: 15
Spells and Abilities:
Arcanist Spells - 1st: 1/5 | Inquisitor Spells - 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, Judgments: 1/1

For a brief second, shock widens Tera's eyes and mouth. The eyes narrow into fiery green slits, her teeth grit visibly as she struggles to hold back words born of anger. A sigh releases some of the tension and her words are slow and deliberate.

"When you face demons, then we can talk about where I stand."

Dark shadows dance behind Tera's eyes, shades of the terrors that tore through her home, her friends, and finally her.

"Pray that Iomedae never leaves you alone to face them."

She says as she moves out from between the Dragon and the rest of the party.

"ແຫວນແມ່ນມີຄວາມຊົ່ວຮ້າຍ. ເບື່ອໄດ້ແຂງ. ຂໍ້ຄວນລະວັງແມ່ນສະຫລາດມັງກອນ. ຂ້າພະເຈົ້າຈະບໍ່ມີສ່ວນໃນການຄ້າຂອງເຂົາເຈົ້າ, ແຕ່ຂ້າພະເຈົ້າຈະມາຊ່ວຍເຫຼືອຜູກພັນຂອງຂ້າພະເຈົ້າ "ຖ້າຫາກວ່າທ່ານໂຈມຕີພວກເຂົາ."

Draconic:
The rings are tainted, cursed. Use caution when handling them, dragon. I'll have no part in their trade, but I will come to my allies' aid if you attack them.

She leans against wall, her eyes boring into the others, each in turn.

"Trade him the damn things if you want, I'll have no part of it."

I just want to say that I'm enjoying this. I don't mind the high level encounters. I think we can overcome them if we work together, and try to avoid getting caught with pants around ankles.

Sczarni

Female Kitsune Bard 3; AC 17, 13 touch 14 flat-footed; HP 21/21, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +4; +5 Initiative, +6 Perception

Ah, of course. A paladin taking a self-righteous aggrandizing route through a conversation. Why did Hana think she was any different? Hours ago she was at the verge of tears about her precious city, and now she had the audacity to judge Hana on what she had and had not seen.

Rolling waves of the dead, come back to join the unending siege. Living sacrifice.

Cannibalism.

They'd both died. Why was your life so much more special? Because you're some crusader, and you have a god, so obviously the more gold you wore when you died the more glory you had, right? Get over yourself. Hana watched people she cared about die, one by one, from malnutrition and plague. Tera was lucky that your friends' deaths were fast. She never had to wake up to find someone frozen to death, and she never had to sell her soul to stay alive.

She could say these things... but, that wouldn't be lady-like. Instead, Hana cleared her throat, letting the awkward silence pass, and waited to see what the dragon wanted.


M Dwarf Fighter 6 / inquisitor 3 | HP 88/88 | AC:23, T:15, F:19 | CMD:25, CMB:+11 | Save (F+11, R+7, W+6) | Init:+6 | Perc: +13 , DV 60'

As the women continue to banter with the beast Bromen takes a quick glance around while deliberately not looking at Roman.

"добивме барање од Аркус или една од луѓе на Neksus или што и. барање од Аркус или една од луѓе на"

Dwarven:
"Well the forge is still hot and there's no ash or coal t'be seen. Arcus must have had something better than mere coal."

If Im envisioning this right, we entered the room and approached the forge straight ahead of us, and right now the dragon is sitting on the horde in the corner. Are we spread out so that with a few casual non-threatening steps Bromen can be near a flanking position? Don't want to make myself a target but don't want the party to cluster together in the middle of the room either!


You can very easily get into a flanking position, or at least, near one. He's in a corner after all and I doubt you'd like to be within full-attack distance of him.

The dragon watches the 2 bicker and argue, and calms his flames in his mouth as the two come to the disagreement. He understands the gist of the conversation and snoots out a gout of flame into the air through his nostrils, rather unamused with the stereotyping, it would seem.

His entire body perks up again at the Dwarf's understanding of the insides of the furnace. To the party that can't understand draconic, it is a long winded constant of rather refined yips and rough constants, crumpled together with strong "k" sounds.

Draconic:
I too have wondered of this furnace's workings... I have, as of yet, been unable to break open the sealed container of fire, but it has never burned any lesser than it has now. I will strike you a deal, Dwarf and Human.

I will take these cursed rings, if only to befuddle the Dragon Disciple's constant pesterings... and one of you shall break open this furnace and retrieve whatever magic keeps it alight!

For this, I shall trade only 3 of my favored trinkets... of my choosing. Is this not fair?"

He points at Tera with a long talon, and continues his beseeching.

Draconic:
"You. As you are the most trustworthy, it would seem, I would have you be the one to break the furnace... or the Dwarf. Each of you may, if you so desire."


Female Human Arcanist 3/Inquisitor 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | HP: 19/19, NL: 0 | AC 14/13/11, Cold Resistance 1 | F+4 R +5 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 | Bolts: 4, Arrows: 14, Shocking Grasp: 21, Silent Image: 5, Magic Missile: 15
Spells and Abilities:
Arcanist Spells - 1st: 1/5 | Inquisitor Spells - 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, Judgments: 1/1

To say Tera wasn't surprised would be like saying fire was cold. She relays everything the dragon says to the others, word for word.

"So what say you?" She asks once she finishes translating.


M Dwarf Fighter 6 / inquisitor 3 | HP 88/88 | AC:23, T:15, F:19 | CMD:25, CMB:+11 | Save (F+11, R+7, W+6) | Init:+6 | Perc: +13 , DV 60'

Well, guess it speaks dwarven

This was going from bad to worse. Bad enough that this amazing forge had become the lair of this creature, now it wanted him to betray dwarven secrets in exchange for a few baubles? And still no mention of the tools which was their real purpose here. Bromen hopes his expression doesn't betray his building anger. Maybe its time to surprise the beastie.

"ແຫວນແມ່ນມີຄວາມຊົ່ວຮ້າຍ. ເບື່ອໄດ້ແຂງ."

Draconic:
"I'm trained as a warrior, I barely understand it m'self."

Not even waiting to see its reaction Bromen switches to common. "I can try, but these things are usually heavily warded. If I do it wrong it might just....burn out of existence..."

Will she play along? Can they hit it hard enough while its distracted?

Dwarf, do ye really want to die in dragon flames AGAIN??


hp 28/28, grit 2/3 Male Human Gunslinger 1 / Fighter 2

Roman catches immediately Bromen's drift. Oh. Time to get creative or get roasted, I guess he was always more of a thug than a con man, but he's been hanging around enough gamblers and cheaters to have a pretty good poker face.

Mr dragon, sir” says Roman, getting closer to the wyrmling “while my dwarven friend over there works his thing” he points at Bromen “it may actually take a while, y’know?” he shrugs “I’d like to make a smaller deal on the side – unrelated, you might say.

Ya seem pretty knowledgeable of this place” he waves around, indicating Hazrit in his extension “even more so than the dwarf, might I add” he grins and gestures at the dragon’s treasure “an’ with a big pile of shiny like that, I bet you met those things. What can you tell me ‘bout the Rust bugs?” with slow, deliberate movements, Roman puts his hand in his satchel, and he takes out his silver bullets and his cold iron bullets “I’ll trade you for the information, of course! Look at these bad boys! You have any trouble with devils or wolfmen, BANG! This things will solve any problem. I bet I can get you one of these, too.” he takes out his pistol “This is just my traveling gun of course, but you should see the good ones! Ivory handle, silver and golden engravings, little works of art that can fire death! Can’t lack one of these in your hoard, am I right? So, about the big rusting bugs?

Ok, so. Roman is genuine about paying the dragon for info about the rust monsters. Of course he also thinks that whatever he pays the dragon, in a few minutes he will take back when they fight him.
Even if the dragon doesn’t go for the deal, it gives Roman an excuse to already have his gun in hand when the trouble starts.
He will position himself about 15 feet from the wyrmling.

Bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 mpf...


Female Human Arcanist 3/Inquisitor 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | HP: 19/19, NL: 0 | AC 14/13/11, Cold Resistance 1 | F+4 R +5 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 | Bolts: 4, Arrows: 14, Shocking Grasp: 21, Silent Image: 5, Magic Missile: 15
Spells and Abilities:
Arcanist Spells - 1st: 1/5 | Inquisitor Spells - 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, Judgments: 1/1

What's doing?

Tera eyes the dwarf, trying to figure out what he was doing as she made her way over to the furnace.

Sense Motive on Bromen (DC 15 if I read the GM's post in the discussion thread right): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

I guess he's inspecting it.

"So, any ideas on how to get this open?"


M Dwarf Fighter 6 / inquisitor 3 | HP 88/88 | AC:23, T:15, F:19 | CMD:25, CMB:+11 | Save (F+11, R+7, W+6) | Init:+6 | Perc: +13 , DV 60'

Seeing that Roman has reacted to his cue the dwarf moves over to the container. He places his dorn at his feet and then drops to one knee in front of the furnace.

As he starts trying to take advantage of Roman's distraction he feels Tera's presence at his shoulder. Aware of her sensitivities, Bromen makes sure that every word he says next is true.

"Not sure how this works, never tried it before. Gonna need a minute or so to see what I can do." Pitching his voice a little lower he gives his dorn a meaningful glance and meets her eyes again. "Best be ready if it's not happy with the results."

Trying to remember everything he learned in the nexus, he focuses on transforming the container.

Maybe I should be apologizing for the TPK......here goes nuthin!


Male Human Wizard 3, +5 Initiative, +6 Perception, AC 11 / Touch AC 11 / Flat Footed AC10, Saves F+2/ R +w / W +6 HP:19/19

Bannon was disappointed at the lack of trade going on with the group until Roman of all people stepped forward.

"Firearms...meh...I could see the dragon being invested in something more than gaudy spheres and powder. I could risk showing off the fact that I have magic...but then again...might be best to keep that card ready.."

Cornelius kept a tight grip on Bannon, ever so panning the dragon's horde.

The wizard feeling needed took a step over to the paladin. Resting a hand on Tera's shoulder, he gave a hopeful smile.

"Dwarves and smithery is as innate as a babe floating in water. All you've got to do is believe, Tera."

Bannon cheered on the dwarf, but kept his composure.

Sense motive on Bromen, Untrained: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


Female Human Arcanist 3/Inquisitor 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | HP: 19/19, NL: 0 | AC 14/13/11, Cold Resistance 1 | F+4 R +5 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 | Bolts: 4, Arrows: 14, Shocking Grasp: 21, Silent Image: 5, Magic Missile: 15
Spells and Abilities:
Arcanist Spells - 1st: 1/5 | Inquisitor Spells - 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, Judgments: 1/1

"If it was that easy, then Hell, the Abyss, and Abandon would have been purged long ago."

Tera made no move but to quirk an eyebrow up and Bromen's comment.


Male Human Wizard 3, +5 Initiative, +6 Perception, AC 11 / Touch AC 11 / Flat Footed AC10, Saves F+2/ R +w / W +6 HP:19/19

"Tera, please don't take this wrong way - but what has exactly gotten into you? I can understand the job of your office dictates that you act in a certain manner, but think about what's happening. How many times in your life can you say without a doubt - its marvelous?! Look, we've a band of companions and look here, a dragon in its earliest form has created a dialogue with you."

Allowing his words to seep into her mind like fresh rain water on a parched garden, Bannon followed up with a wink of an eye and a gentle tone.

"You may find it hard to believe but those planes you've mentioned each serve their purpose; a so called balance within the very fabric of the cosmos. Open your mind..."

And at that moment, Cornelius' wings fluttered - sending off several feathers which flew towards Tera, gentle landing on her armor.

"My familiar agrees. Maybe what needs changing is that armored suit you're walking around in. Be free child"

The Wizard wasn't quite sure he was trying to accomplish with the paladin. It seemed like a fool's errand to reason with a devout knight, but the woman had surprised Bannon once before - so trying again couldn't hurt.

I have no idea where this came from - it just felt natural. Now Bannon was seem like the Skooma user of the group coming out with odd sayings. Would be cool if he did it in a Christopher Walkin's tone.xD


As the dwarf bends over, the dragon's expression is that of pure delight, curious how he and the other 2 would go about opening the furnace up. After a minute of chatting as they proceed to "Open it" that's when it happens.

At the base of the furnace, and various splotches all around it, the white light that once claimed a mere pebble now, atom by atom, disintegrates the entirety of the furnace. The front of it, the pipes that go through to the roof, all of it. The particles swirl amongst the room, all the while a confused Wyrmling, who with all his book-knowledge, has no idea what is going on at this point. The lights stop, and focus at the point of Bromen's hand.

The cavity that the furnace left behind is interesting, to say the least. There wasn't any way at all coal could have been fed to the furnace, as there weren't any pipes in the ground, either. Strange.

In your open palm, Bromen, rests a dark grey gumball sized pearl of sorts. White and a deep red are swirled among the colors, and it seems to be very well-polished.

The light of the furnace is extinguised, and the smoke in the room clears in a mere few seconds, revealing the absolutely furious eyes of the young dragon, mouth practically roaring with flame. With a roar, it leaps off of it's horde at Bromen, aiming for the soft spot of his neck!

The labored anger was easily noticed by just about everyone in the room, and just about everyone had their hands on their weapons at the time. Those that had them, anyway. The uncomfortable air after the furnace disentegrated was met with the slow click of a gun, ready for the inevitable, and a very frustrated Tera drawing her sword.

And just in time, too, as the dragon's intentions were all but unclear, she was more than within her code to protect the Dwarf as the dragon leapt through the air, mouth aflame and agape.

Bastard Sword AoO: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

The sword, unfortunately merely clips the dragons already injured wing, and is met with a yip as he soars forward.

Bite Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

While unwary, Bromen was anything but flat-footed to the attack, having fully expected it in the first place, he ducks away from the creature and a clang of sparks and gums slams together in the air above him.

Bromen Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Hana Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Bannon Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Tera Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Roman Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Dragon Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Turn order is Bromen > Dragon > Tera > Bannon > Roman > Hana


M Dwarf Fighter 6 / inquisitor 3 | HP 88/88 | AC:23, T:15, F:19 | CMD:25, CMB:+11 | Save (F+11, R+7, W+6) | Init:+6 | Perc: +13 , DV 60'

Hells, that thing is quick! Let's see if it's tough...

As the dwarf ducks under the snapping jaws of the wyrm he quickly scoops up the dorn he already laid out on the floor. With a laugh that borders a bit on maniacal he plays out enough chain for close combat as strikes out at the invader.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 any chance Tera's AOO put her in position to give me a flank bonus? please?
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Male Human Wizard 3, +5 Initiative, +6 Perception, AC 11 / Touch AC 11 / Flat Footed AC10, Saves F+2/ R +w / W +6 HP:19/19

When its Bannon's turn

"HOLY ZOTS!!!" The wizard thought to himself. The situation beore him was growing worse by the second.

"It won't take long before the wyrmling really gets nasty...". Shuffling within his robes, Bannon found a small tear shaped bottle. Its contents were of a deep magenta with flecks of pearlescent white. Casually bringing the vial to his mouth, he removed the stopper and sloshed the liquid in one toss.

"Yuck..."

Despite tasting of burnt cinnamon with an aftertaste of acid, he felt a warmth surging through his body.

Standard Action - Drink Potion of Resist Fire, 10pts.
Move Action - move next to Paladin and Fighter.

"Allow me time to prepare my ward. I may offer protection should you cover me."

As Bannon moved over to Tera, Cornelius fluttered to safety.

[ooc]Also, should list this here. Fire Shield 10pts and 5 Resist Fire from earlier.


Female Human Arcanist 3/Inquisitor 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | HP: 19/19, NL: 0 | AC 14/13/11, Cold Resistance 1 | F+4 R +5 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 | Bolts: 4, Arrows: 14, Shocking Grasp: 21, Silent Image: 5, Magic Missile: 15
Spells and Abilities:
Arcanist Spells - 1st: 1/5 | Inquisitor Spells - 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, Judgments: 1/1

Tera shuffles in, keeping shield between her and the dragon.

attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Unfortunately the swing misses.

Sczarni

Female Kitsune Bard 3; AC 17, 13 touch 14 flat-footed; HP 21/21, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +4; +5 Initiative, +6 Perception

Takin' my turn now, I'm still acting after Roman!

Hana sucks in a bateful breath and then laughs. Nocking an arrow and moving away, spreading out so that the creature can't fight them all at once, she begins to sing-- soft and quiet at first that rises into a victory march.

Bardic performance! +1 to hit, +1 to damage, don't forget it or I'll be cross.


hp 28/28, grit 2/3 Male Human Gunslinger 1 / Fighter 2

Roman watches as the dragon flies past him and attacks Bromen "Much ado about nothing... it was going to end like this one way or the other..."

He takes a couple of steps towards the dragon, always trying to keep a corner close to duck behind in case flames started flying.

Then he raises the gun in front of himself, aiming at the open mouth of the wyrmling "Should've been more accomodating, pard! You're nasty, but I've seen worse."
Click.
BANG!

Move action: move to get within 20 feet of the dragon, if possible staying near a corner that provides some cover against a breath weapon.
Standard action: pistol attack (with Point-Blank shot), and spend 1 grit point to use Up Close and Deadly.

pistol attack vs touch AC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
dmg: 1d8 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 1 + (6) = 14 booyah!


[Turn 1 Summary]

As the dragon deftly dodges the chain, it hisses at the Dwarf, entirely unaware of what's going on around it. Undeterred, it proceeds to full-attack Bromen.

Claw: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16 Miss!
Claw: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14 Miss!
Bite: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

As the claws fruitlessly Gnash at the Dwarf, the heat from his maw is intense, though he doesn't breathe it, seemingly containing it for some reason. The first claw scrapes against nothing, while the second rakes deep against his armor, forever a testament to the encounter.

Even more a testament, is the bite it effectively lands in-between the etchings of your armor to reach your shoulder! The pain is as it is searing, as the wound immediately seals shut.

The dragon pounces back, sure of itself as it lurches back again, this time analyzing it's surroundings.

Click.

As fast as it was deafening, a bullet lands in the right ribcage of the tiny creature, followed by a smirk from Roman, who'd been lining up the shot for some time. The wound was as deep as it was expertly targeted. Writhing in pain on the ground, the dragon finds it's footing, obviously severely wounded. Even more-so than it was when you'd first met it by a long-shot.

Turn 2. The dragon has an AC of 19. Current hp is 15/59.


M Dwarf Fighter 6 / inquisitor 3 | HP 88/88 | AC:23, T:15, F:19 | CMD:25, CMB:+11 | Save (F+11, R+7, W+6) | Init:+6 | Perc: +13 , DV 60'

The sharp pain of the bite wound proves to Bromen that they need to end this quickly. Tightening his grip he spins the chain of the dorn to build up even more momentum as he lashes out for another strike.

Attack (power attack, bardic bonus): 1d20 + 6 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 - 1 + 1 = 23
Damage: 1d10 + 3 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 3 + 1 = 8


Male Human Wizard 3, +5 Initiative, +6 Perception, AC 11 / Touch AC 11 / Flat Footed AC10, Saves F+2/ R +w / W +6 HP:19/19

Though Roman had gone closer to the wyrmling for a better shot, Bannon didn't feel at all comfortable following suite, but he had a special blessing: a freshly chugged potion of resist fire.

Calling to mind the proper words, Bannon mustered compelling bravery and took a spot near Roman and created a protective ward.

Move action to Roman.
Std action: Cast Protective Ward, 10 ft. radius, +1 Deflection AC; 4 Rounds [ 5 / 7 Uses Left]

Current Effects.
Resist 5 Energy (Fire)
Resist 10pts of Fire Dmg. 10mins.

Oooo how exciting to have combat. Much different this time, I'm used to playing supporty roles...Enjoy the shield Roman.


Bromen brings down his chain, smashing the dragons already wounded wing, and it hisses both in pain and fury. It takes a few steps, no more than 3, back to the wall while inhaling it's breath. A strange thing, at this point, is that it's drool seems to be abundant, and actually steams away as it drips to the ground.

At this point, the dragon is more than aware that it needs to flee, but not without dishing out the same punishment it had been dealt. Opening it's mouth surprisingly wide, a rush of acid and fire bursts forth from the tiny creature in an explosive puff, singing eyebrows and nostrils alike, followed by the strong smell of Ammonia.

The blast, unfortunately hits both Tera and Bromen with full force, and hazes their eyes. The dragon then proceeds to scurry up the wall, darting between Bromen's legs as the blast hits him. Not okay with this, Bromen and Tera both take swings at the tiny thing, but unfortunately the water in their eyes is too much, and he snakes his way into one of the empty pipes that disappeared with the furnace.

Tera you've taken 2 dexterity damage, and I'd advise you make 5 fort saves. Stop when you make 2 in a row, or complete the fifth one. Deal yourself 1d3 dex damage every time you fail a fort save.

At this point the dragon is fleeing, but is in the long pipe that leads up to the surface. There's a good chance it's still in there, but the smoke gives it an impressive concealment. It's not squeezing, either, as it's Tiny, so it still has it's full AC. You have to roll concealment above 25% to hit it, as well.

DM rolls:
Fire Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 7
Acid Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Tera Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 - Failure
Tera Fort Save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15 - Failure
Dex Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Bromen Reflex Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 - Failure
Bromen Fort Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 - Success

Tera AoO: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 1 = 16
Tera Damage: 1d10 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 12

Bromen AoO: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 1 = 8
Bromen Damage: 1d10 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10

Sczarni

Female Kitsune Bard 3; AC 17, 13 touch 14 flat-footed; HP 21/21, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +4; +5 Initiative, +6 Perception

Hana throws a smile to Roman, and then to the pipe. She doesn't stop humming her song, gesturing for him to try again!

Moving under the pipe, she weighs the possibility of trying something risky.

Could I target it with a targeted spell?

Sczarni

Female Kitsune Bard 3; AC 17, 13 touch 14 flat-footed; HP 21/21, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +4; +5 Initiative, +6 Perception

Hana calls up the pipe: "What do you get when you cross a pig with a monk? Pork chop."

She pauses.

"Ha."

Hideous laughter! DC 15 will save, or 16 if is or could be capable of being attracted to me.


hp 28/28, grit 2/3 Male Human Gunslinger 1 / Fighter 2

Roman gives Hana a look full of mockery "Nine Hells, missy, that was terrible."
He looks at the hole where dragon is disappearing Dammit, he thinks looking at his pistol No time!
He sprints towards the tunnel; as quickly as he can he grabs the knife at his belt with his left hand and throws it into the smoke hiding the dragon's silhouette."I can spit more fire than you, ah lizard? I'm not done with ya yet! When you're a corpse, than I'll take all your junk, but I want your blood first!" He screams, trying to fool the wounded dragon into staying.

Move action: move as closely as I can to the dragon and draw dagger;
Std action: throw dagger

thrown dagger attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 Woooo!... even with the range increments, that should hit!
crit confirmation: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 damn...
missing chance for concealment1d100: 1d100 ⇒ 41
knife dmg: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 +1 if within 30 feet


Female Human Arcanist 3/Inquisitor 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | HP: 19/19, NL: 0 | AC 14/13/11, Cold Resistance 1 | F+4 R +5 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 | Bolts: 4, Arrows: 14, Shocking Grasp: 21, Silent Image: 5, Magic Missile: 15
Spells and Abilities:
Arcanist Spells - 1st: 1/5 | Inquisitor Spells - 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, Judgments: 1/1

Conditions: DEX 7, -3 to AC and Reflex.
attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Concealment1-25 misses: 1d100 ⇒ 17
See post of IC justification for attacking him.

Fort Saves:
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

Dex Damage: 3d3 ⇒ (1, 2, 1) = 4
-6 Dex, so that puts Tera at DEX 7

The burns were bad enough, but something about the noxious fumes in that fiery blast left Tera feeling numb. Her limbs refuse to move properly, and it was all she could do to keep from wielding her sword like a club.

The worst of it was she wasn't sure who to blame for this fiasco. The dragon, Bromen, or herself. In the end it didn't matter. She should have confronted that woman when she saw her toss one of her companions off the cliff. She should have talked it out with her companions what their plan of action was.

Some part of it was her fault, so it might as well be all of her fault.

She considers the actions of the dragon and comes to a decision. It attacked without warning, without asking what had happened. It had ultimately tried to rake his claws into Bromen's back while it was turned. He attacked without even questioning what had happened.

She would end it or die trying.

401 to 450 of 558 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / "A Dirge for the Future" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.