Duboris's "A Dirge For Everything"

Game Master Duboris

Chapter 1: Rebirth and a Song
- The players awake to a new way of life, and the comfort of... a Dirge. The Adventure Begins


51 to 100 of 558 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Human Arcanist 3/Inquisitor 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | HP: 19/19, NL: 0 | AC 14/13/11, Cold Resistance 1 | F+4 R +5 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 | Bolts: 4, Arrows: 14, Shocking Grasp: 21, Silent Image: 5, Magic Missile: 15
Spells and Abilities:
Arcanist Spells - 1st: 1/5 | Inquisitor Spells - 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, Judgments: 1/1

The pain from her death is still fresh in her memory, the goat-headed demon seemed to tower over her as it ran her through.

She shakes the vision out of her head. Her heart races as she tries to swallow the fear that welled up.

"Seems we have more in common than our homeland."

Tera sat next to the edge, her knees up at her chest.

"I'm not sure if I died in what you called the Purge. That armor," she nods her head towards the bundled suit of banded mail behind her, "I grabbed off of a knight after he was killed. I found the shield in an alley. The sword was the only thing even salvageable from the paladin that was leading the group I was with. I saw so many die. I couldn't fight them all. When I could I destroyed them, when I couldn't I ran. I ran to buy time. I ran so I might help others."

Her voice gets softer, and her eyes become hollow. She stared down into the room she had come back to, but she didn't see anything. Her vision was clouded by the horrors she witnessed.

"In the end I ran into a dead end. In the end I died like the rest of them."

"And now I wonder if any of it really mattered."


Male Human Wizard 3, +5 Initiative, +6 Perception, AC 11 / Touch AC 11 / Flat Footed AC10, Saves F+2/ R +w / W +6 HP:19/19

Over looked something

As Bannon was busy conversing with the group interested in the blacksmith's quest, the Wizard called out to Marco.

"I suppose this group's here is going to participate in an outing. I'll need the book by the time we venture - possibly in 2 hours."


Knowledge Check Results:

While planes and history reveal nothing in particular about the broad scope of dragons, nature, as expected, does. A red wyrmling lacks any and, for the majority, all of a dragon's naturally magical abilities. The only thing one that young could be capable of is an immunity to fire, but, that's about all you can recall.

Bannon Bromen and Roman:

Arcus eyes Bannon with a bit of a quizzical eye, not sure what to make of the sudden outburst in Dwarven. "Admirable that an outlander learned the tongue, but 'eh, fancy languages don't help 'round 'ere. You wanna talk languages, go talk to the bird'." With that, he smashes a hammer down onto the previous blade and proceeds to get back to work.

"Me old cave, err, smithy, whichever you prefer, was on the outer edge of a mountain. I sat down a pass-stone near the entrance, a good mile or 2 out. Nothing special, really. s'on this nifty nook, actually. All ye gots ta' do is head up the chiseled stairs, and then take the caves nearby." He stopped again for a moment, then continued. "Like I mentioned before, keep the valuebles outa sight on your way. My smithy was pretty deep in. Nice place...

As he finished talking about his smithy, Marco sat back, finding a stool. He perused through Bannon's spellbook. "I think I've found something I'm rather interested. 2 low key spells I could use to turn into potions... hmm... Yes I'll have this back to you soon." With that, he pulls out a quill and begins to scribe the spell over, making adjustments as necessary.

At some point he stops writing, and his familiar immediately takes over, and vice versa.

Tera and Hana:

Rydell looks at Tera with a sort of a sideways glance. "Afraid to say that, if you're wondering if it made a difference, 'fraid not. Nibreltar's no more, and it's completely taken over by demons." He said it fast, and he said it sternly with a no-nonsense tone to it. Anastasia looked at him, mouth agape for a moment, and then looked down.

Sczarni

Female Kitsune Bard 3; AC 17, 13 touch 14 flat-footed; HP 21/21, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +4; +5 Initiative, +6 Perception

Hana looks at Tera and considers comforting her through physical contact for just an instant before the ugly annoyance of the place rises up again. She frowns strongly. The last time I went in I was killed... That bode strange tidings. Were they immortal now?

"That's enough with matter-of-fact moroseness, in my opinion."

"Declaring that what you did doesn't matter is just pointless. It mattered because you were there, saw what you saw, did what you did. People lived or died based on your actions, and if they lived just a second longer, then that's fine and enough."

"Don't talk about yourself in past tense. It's bad enough that you've died once. Don't kill yourself again in your mind."

She turns to walk up the stairs further. "I'll return, and hopefully then, you'll have regained your balance. Pardon me," Hana says, and ascends upwards in the direction they had pointed her-- she was intent to meet this 'bard' and perhaps convince him to play something less con dolore and more con fuoco.

So much oddness. Was she the weird one for not caring whether she had lived or died? She was here now. The main concern on her mind was being able to touch another person again. These things were concerning to her-- to be forced to stand stupidly by watching someone bleed out with a potion in hand, unable to save them, or to simply watch helplessly as someone's grip slips and they drop into a fatal fall both came to mind as pressing thoughts. The loss of the ability to have physical closeness between herself and another came a distant third, as she was sure it would be difficult to cope with.

And lastly, for some reason, her thoughts hung on how irritating it was she couldn't comfort Tera.


hp 28/28, grit 2/3 Male Human Gunslinger 1 / Fighter 2

«That sounds like a pretty regular gig» says Roman scratching his head when Arcus finishes talking «not exactly what I expected. I suppose y'all are very used to this situation - but I still do not understand... how do we get to your forge? Hell, how do I even carry something valuable out of here if my hands dissolve when I touch something else?»

He checks his equipment, making sure everything is in order - it didn't even occur to him that in this pseudo-afterlife he'd still have his weapons. «So, master Arcus... let me ask you this: can anyone of us create stuff while in here, we just need the tools? Is that so? or do you need to have been killed while crafting?»


M Dwarf Fighter 6 / inquisitor 3 | HP 88/88 | AC:23, T:15, F:19 | CMD:25, CMB:+11 | Save (F+11, R+7, W+6) | Init:+6 | Perc: +13 , DV 60'

Bromen carefully notes Arcus's words and directions, already mentally preparing himself for the trip. Roman's questioning breaks him out of his silent reverie - the simple thought of how to touch the tools never occurred to him, he had already accepted the task and was ready to set out unprepared. And that worked out so well last time

"Can we leave here so easily? And....how do we get back if ye have t'die to get here?"


Male Human Wizard 3, +5 Initiative, +6 Perception, AC 11 / Touch AC 11 / Flat Footed AC10, Saves F+2/ R +w / W +6 HP:19/19

Everything that was going on before the spellcaster was very interesting.

"Though not typically an adventurer myself, I do recall those fond days in the Academy braving the dangers to study or dispatch a proponent of misused magic. However, in this case...we're somewhat fortunate. If what I recall is right, a Wyrmling lacks the magical prowess of its draconic bloodline - which should make for less gray hairs on us."

Bannon stroke his already greying hair and smirked at the phrasing.

"Either case gentlemen, should you want my assistance, I'll need to study my spellbook and prepare accordingly. Hopefully, the two of you can ascertain if we are capable of bringing said tools back for our friend here."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Roman Bromen Bannon:

As Marco studies the book, pipe in hand, he more than just listens to your questions. He looks at his Pseudodragon, shaking his head in the direction of the spellbook and it jumps off of his shoulders and starts to write as it did before. Marco himself, stands up and lights a pipe and puffs on it just a little. "There were a few things in those papers that mentioned all this, though, I suppose they need to be made more specific."

Walking over to his alchemical concoctions, he pulls a potion out of a cooker, and eyes it. Clearing his throat, he breathes in.

"What you're all currently made of is Aether, a semi-physical, semi-incorporeal substance that has bound to your soul and taken on your image. While in the nexus, this Aether makes a point to not integrate itself with any other Aether. The Aether a person is made of is special, and is referred to as "Colored" Aether. This Aether is your life force, and when it's all gone, you simply..." he coughed. "Fade away" He looked down and to the right, thinking on something.

"On the third floor of the Nexus is something called a "hub", which, in a sense, may as well just be a section of room with portals that lead to your respective homelands." he scratched his head a bit. "While we may not have been supposed to find out, embedded in all of our bodies is a small black sphere, and any detection of magic would easily reveal it. Whenever you wish to return, simply will yourselves back here. Process takes a good, eh, minute.

Keep in mind this is a magical effect, and can't be done in places that are hampering magic." Taking a rather long puff from his pipe, the wizard turned to look at his Pseudodragon's work, nodding. "White Aether can be handed and converted by anyone, though hardly anyone here save for myself, Arcus, and Finelia, are capable of making use of it's wonderful contents." He coughed again, puffing smoke in the air. "The creation of an item that won't disentegrate on touch requires a pinch of colored Aether from someone's soul, though, a negligible amount."

"Stuff in the real world can easily be converted to white Aether, simply by willing it to do so. While out of the nexus, if you find something you wish to bring back, simply hold onto it and will it to turn to Aether. You'll soon have a physical, small, triangular block in your hands. White Aether in it's raw form can be given to anyone, as well as converted back to it's original form. Unfortunately converting it back is only possible in the Nexus." He said, looking around and waving.

"So let's recap, shall we?"

- Death is possible, though you come straight back and lose a portion of your clear Aether, which is bad, as with the loss of clear Aether goes thoughts, memories, and experience. Literally. You lose a 1/4th of your levels experience. A loss at level 2 doesn't put you below 2000, but removes 75% of the exp gained towards the next level. It's actually better than being raised, though.

- Items can be brought back in triangle/cube/sphere form, but doing so requires 1 minute of concentration on the items.

- Physical touch is possible outside of the Nexus, though not possible on the inside.

- Clear Aether is required to "Key" an item to you, and is usually applied in creation.

- You are not immortal, so please, don't act like it.

- To come back, simply will yourself here. Dieing outside of the nexus robs you of all the Aether you collected. Everything, even other people, can be converted into it, but, give varying amounts.

He turned to make an adjustment to the Psuedodragon's work. "No, no, that part's wrong." He turned to look at everyone. "Your bodies will behave normally outside of the Nexus. It healing you was a one time thing, unless you die again, in which case it uses your Clear Aether to rejuvenate you, though, it's a poor trade-off. That's about it. Any other questions?" He said as he sat down to take the pen away from his Pseudodragon and work more on scribing two of Bannon's spells into his book.

"Another thing I forgot to mention is that the portals are attached to "Way-stones" which, when I learn how to make them, i'll sell here.

Hana Miyahara:

Climbing ever higher up the stairs, you get to the third floor. On this floor, something really amazing is just sitting around.

In the middle of the room is a giant chandelier, easily masterwork, and made out of what appears to be solid gold. Surrounding it, chained, are 7 archways (Hereby referred to as doors), all of which with their own little inscriptions, but they're too hard to see. In the middle of these doors is a strange, shimmering light. All of them are solid black, though masterfully crafted to depict their visages all too thoroughly.

Door 1: To your left, a door with mountains on it, carefully carved to depict dragons. At the bottom of the same door are dwarves with seemingly hollowed out eyes.

Door 2: Just beyond that door on the circular platform, another door, with a great castle sitting on top of it, carefully crafted to depict the skeleton of a dragon. Below that, a passway surrounded with mountains. Finally at the bottom, a small village, plagued with undead. You easily know that this door is depicting Argosal, though, rather in bad taste. True taste, though...

Door 3: Farther beyond that door, just before being exact opposite to you on the other side, is another with a large, black cube at it's top with a long, maddeningly disgusting arm reaching down the side, plucking citizens from what appears to be a small city. On the left side is a hideously deformed, bulbous head with row upon row of eyes.

Door 4: Just opposite to you on the other side is a depiction of a fat, fat man with a grail in his hand. Just beneath him, are fat men with tall top-hats and canes. Farther below that, citizens, skinny and in anguish.

Door 5: Closer to you, but following the circle, another door, featuring grotesque figures devouring each other. A goat-like man with a halberd flaying entire swathes of humans, and a morbidly fat creature devouring the whole lot of them as they fall into a ravine at the bottom.

Door 6: This archway is broken and not enough of the carvings are left to make out what it was for. A bald man is standing near it, with a longspear on his back. He seems to be wearing leather armor and notices you as you walk up almost immediately, though he seems to let you take in all of the archway's first.

Door 7: Finally, the door nearest you as you walk up, depicts a woman at the top clutching what appears to be an orb. Surrounding her are grotesque human figures with lacerated bodies. Some of these men have hideously, overly large parts of their bodies. At the bottom of the door, a swamp, depicting lurching tentacles hidden in it, as well as a legion of leeches. Hard to make out, a village is hidden among the bottom of it.

Just as soon as you observe the final door, the man introduces himself to you. [b]"Name's Rodrick, and I see a new arrival finally made her way up to the archway's, hey? Good for you! Most of them just mope in the corner for a couple of hours, then they stomach a walk." As he says this, the man's eyes seem to check every bit of you out, though he doesn't seem to be doing it for the sexual reasons you'd expect. [b]"Kitsune. Argosal. Lovely."[b] Every word was lower pitch than the last.


Hana Miyahara:

Walking up the stairs, the melancholy sound of the piano gets even louder, and you can only imagine that it's close to deafening on the top floor. In a good way, though. On this floor, the music seems to soothe you and put you at ease, despite being rather morbid.

Arriving to the area, the middle of the floor leads to a fall that goes all the way down to your original resurrection spot, past floor 2. Easily a good 80 feet, as the stairs were rather lengthy.

In the middle of the room, suspended over the gap, is a colossal chandelier, magically lit, from just looking at it. 7 Major bars jut out of it, chained to 7 archways.

Every single one is reflected upon rather wonderfully by the chandelier, which, surprisingly enough, isn't blinding you. Slowly taking your time to look at all of the Arches, you realize that each one has a rather well-crafted depiction on it, special, for each one. They're all made of a strange black metal, from just guessing.

Archway 1: Starting at your left, and going into a circle, is the first Archway, most notably depicting what actually appears to be your home province of Argosal. The reason why, is at the top, is the visage of a skull with his hands seemingly grasping at the Archway as undead poor from them and attack the village chiseled into the bottom. A cold draft, and most notably, snow, seem to be flying through the door, nipping at your toes.

Archway 2: Entirely different, this door depicts, at the top, a horrific visage of an alien creature that you know nothing of. It has 9 rows of bulbous eyes, and a sideways mouth akin to a venus fly-trap down it's face that seems to open up. A large, thick, meaty arm slides down the entire length of the right arch, reaching to terrorize the small city depicted on the bottom. A strange building and towers haunting the top left area.

Archway 3: Farther away, an archway nearly hidden by the chandelier. At the top of the Archway is a grand dragon sitting atop a crown of mountains, all of which are caked in what appears to be smoke. At the bottom lie more dragons, though, notably different. As the archways rise, in the middle are what seem to be dwarves with their eyes hallowed out.

Archway 4: From where you're standing as you go up the stairs, you can't see the 4th Archway.

Archway 5: The fifth archway, at the top, has a glorious angel with tears in her eyes. Farther down, there are grotesque figures eating each other and cutting down swathes of humans and other races. At the bottom of the archway, a large, grotesque thing is eating everything that falls down into it's gullet. Ruins of a city and terrified people line the arch.

Archway 6: This archway is broken entirely, and lies in rubble on the ground, it's fancy carvings scraped and clawed at, removing any ability to make out what was once on it. A bald man is sitting at the base of the right arch, staring you down, apparently trying to get a fix on you, but he's polite enough to not speak as you look at the last remaining archway.

Archway 7: This final archway, at the bottom, has a small portion carved out of the floor, revealing rather putrid-looking muddy water. coming out of it. At the bottom of the archway, are a legion of what appear to be worshippers. Farther up, these same worshippers partake in all manner of debauchery, of which includes being eaten by fiends, and grotesque creatures. Even higher, these exact same worshippers, clad in rags now have black, insect-like wings and look deformed as they worship a regular-looking woman that clings to some sort of orb in her hands at the top. She's very beautiful.

Looking at you, the man, seems to finish his summary. In a nasally voice, he says a few simple words. "Wyell now. Kitsunes? We dyon't get myany kitsunes. Nyo... He stands up off the pillar and walks up to you, presenting himself. He has leather armor on, all of which is black, and a longspear on his back. "The nyame's Ryodrick. I assume you want that tidbit hidden, nyo? That's fyine."


Female Human Arcanist 3/Inquisitor 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | HP: 19/19, NL: 0 | AC 14/13/11, Cold Resistance 1 | F+4 R +5 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 | Bolts: 4, Arrows: 14, Shocking Grasp: 21, Silent Image: 5, Magic Missile: 15
Spells and Abilities:
Arcanist Spells - 1st: 1/5 | Inquisitor Spells - 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, Judgments: 1/1

Tera watches Hana walk off, her expression one of confusion. She had been on the verge of tears, now, though, she just found something, funny, about the whole situation.

Her laughter begins as a small chuckles, and rapidly escalates into body shaking giggles. When she finally has to breath, she turns to the couple, tears of laughter streaming down her face.

"I-- I am so sorry about that. Normally, I was the one giving encouragement. Now I have someone pulling me out of the darkness."

She chuckles as she wipes the tears away.

"I guess everyone needs to be turned to the light every now and then. Even the servants of Iomedae."

She looks out across the gap, her spirits much higher than when she arrived. A new goal guided her.

And she was determined to see it through.


Male Human Wizard 3, +5 Initiative, +6 Perception, AC 11 / Touch AC 11 / Flat Footed AC10, Saves F+2/ R +w / W +6 HP:19/19

Bannon smiled greatly at the fellow arcanist's summary of the Nexus' ground rules.

"Quite good, though its a fascinating system. The mere ability to return upon will...that sounds like something magic-akin. I should learn its uses, and see if I can manipulate it into my favor...

Caught in half thought, the wizard looked around and noticed the glum demeanor of his comrades.

"Cheer up gents, there's plenty we can do with these new circumstances." His eyes going glazed, Bannon felt a new feeling. It seemed like it was the right time. "This sounds like a great opportunity. While I don't doubt your skills as capable warriors, but I might prove to our advantage if we seek additional help. If I'm right, we've two others we could inquire."

Sczarni

Female Kitsune Bard 3; AC 17, 13 touch 14 flat-footed; HP 21/21, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +4; +5 Initiative, +6 Perception

Any knowledge checks I can make to identify some of these locations?

Hana raises her eyebrows and looks at him rather interestedly. "You would do best to keep that to yourself, yes. First, you'll tell me how you knew? But first, my name is Hana: Hana Miyahara. I'm a new arrival, recently deceased, recently resurrected." She bows slightly, walking away from him to circle the arches and stare at and through them.

"What are these, and who are you? Pardon my manners, but being called out is on par with being insulted, to my people. You didn't know. I won't hold it against you," she says, with the air that if he does know, she would hold it against him.


hp 28/28, grit 2/3 Male Human Gunslinger 1 / Fighter 2

«That all sound mystically fascinating and a very fine arrangement, I'm sure» Roman scratches his head: he stopped following halfway through the explanation «But... if we can get that one tiny minute of concentration, we could bring back other people too in this... Heyther form? That seems like a lot of power for the lot of us» he looks at the others «No offense, but no one among us was responsbile enough to hang on to his own skin, let alone decide about those of others...»


M Dwarf Fighter 6 / inquisitor 3 | HP 88/88 | AC:23, T:15, F:19 | CMD:25, CMB:+11 | Save (F+11, R+7, W+6) | Init:+6 | Perc: +13 , DV 60'

Bromen listens to the wizard and finds himself ready to agree. What would the elders say? Yer gone a day...a DAY...and ye died and now yer thinkin of workin with a wizard!

He takes another look at Bannon. Yer daft, this is what th' trainin was about - using all yer resources to complete the mission. Ye know the Pillars, ye can handle it.

"Aye, if there are other new folk that help get the tools faster, then let's have at it."

He looks toward Marco but jerks his thumb toward Roman. "But he's got a point - ye sayin we can kill people and turn them to.....that stuff.....by just touchin them and thinkin'?"


This is gonna take a while.

Tera Flinders:

Anastasia gives a wry smile at your new abundance of courage, obviously happy that Rydel's morbid tone didn't get the best of you. "Wonderful! Yes, you're exactly right!" She says, clapping her hands and bouncing.

Finally, clasping her hands together; [b]"Listen, I know, trust me, this place is... new, but, but it's not all bad. We don't have to eat, and we can return here whenever we want! It's great, really...

Me and Rydel, well, we aren't really good at anything, and, staving off the mist isn't going to be easy, no..."[b] She chuckled a bit. [b]"Even though, we still have to try, don't we? It's why we're here."

Rydel interjects a bit with; "Yes, yes we do. But I'd rather you not go off and get in trouble like last time." he sighed a bit. "Listen, Tera? Was it? I admired the paladins in Nibreltar because they did whatever they could to stave off the demons, but, you need to see it as it is now. Protecting it..." His voice trailed off. "That place can't be protected anymore. At the least, it needs destroyed... and we don't have the power to do that." He paused again, then tilted his head. "Yet..."

Anastasia was going to smack him again until he said "yet" but she waits for him to finish, adding. "The most progress anyone's made is Oswald, and he's done that in Hazrit. Carmina has scoured through Argosal looking for a secret entrance into his castle, but hasn't found anything. No one's been to Nibreltar except for Rydel. I honestly believe that the Dukedom, or Hazrit, would be the best places to start."

She looks up to you quizzically, wondering what you'll say next.

Roman Bannon Bromen:

Marco is taken aback by the idea that that's a powerful ability. "No, no, no, inanimate objects are all that can be converted back. That is what you meant, right? Bringing new people back? No one's really tried that, but, I'm sure the keepers would be totally against it and I'd advise you not try." The Psuedodragon on his shoulders almost falls off as he leans forward to scribble something into his book out of Bannon's.

"As soon as you return, if you bring the blocks to me I can reverse them, giving them to whoever wants them, really. Equipment that you have in your hands upon returning immediately become Aether if they aren't already, and automatically become attuned to you." He says, picking up his wand.

He puts the wand to his head and casts a spell from it, murmuring something to himself. "As far as converting the dead goes, your average person, unless they're extensively experienced, will not provide much white aether. It's not as overpowering as you think it is. Even more detrimental, is that if you attempt to convert an aware, conscious, or living person, they can easily resist the effects." It's like a 5 will save.

He puffs his pipe and the Pseudodragon kind of hacks and coughs as it goes in it's nostrils. "While converting the dead isn't entirely useful, it's proved freakishly necessary against Argosal, the lich in the chilling pass." He looks around for a moment. "I would worry about the other places with trouble after you've returned with Arcus's tools, however.

Arcus notably stops hammering away to chime in a little. [b]"Boy, against the mists and it's dark lords 'idden in shadow, we can use all the power we can get.[b]"

From the other side of the room the whispy voice of Finelia, who's remained rather silent, save for interjecting on Arcus's comments, gives her thoughts as well. [b]"As much as I don't wish it on anyone, the person with the most knowledge of all the local provinces is Rodrick. He's usually sitting on the top floor... just... don't make him any deals." She says as she pulls a bow back.

Hana Miyahara:

Rodrick smiles a bit, his teeth a bit crooked, but, overall he seemed charismatic. He opens his arms wide and shrugs. "I'm ryather pyerceptive, they tell me. Hmm..." He put an arm behind his back, clenching his fist while it was there. "I'm in a lot of places at once, ryeally. I'm rather gyood at picking out the kyitsunes. Lyook alot like elves, byut, the differences are easy enough to spot."

He walked back and sat on his pillar again. "I'm aware thyat it's pretty personal infyo, but... I like blyackmail. I nyever use it, less I need to. Whyere were you going, by the way?" Rodrick seemed honest enough, and as he asked you were you were going he sort of waves an arm around the room. [b]"Syince you're nyew, I'll suggest Hyazrit. Syafe enough... Say, by the wyay, would you mind dyoing me a favor?" He asked the question as he rubbed his hands together quickly in anticipation.

[ooc]Also, I can't really tell if you can make knowledge checks on certain things or not. Gonna have to find that out the hard way :D

Sczarni

Female Kitsune Bard 3; AC 17, 13 touch 14 flat-footed; HP 21/21, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +4; +5 Initiative, +6 Perception

I guess if that's how you want to run it? Letting us know if we can toss dice on a specific unknown subject will save us from having us toss all knowledge dice on every subject. A simple "You can roll this on this..." would save time.

I plan on walking around the entire room, looking at the arches, at least by the terminus of the conversation between me and Rodrick, so I'll roll on #4 even though I haven't seen it

Knowledge on the Arches:

Arch 1
Knowledge (arcana) on Arch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Knowledge (dungeoneering) on Arch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 DC >20

Knowledge (local) on Arch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 DC >20

Knowledge (religion) on Arch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Knowledge (geography) on Arch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 capped at 10.

Knowledge (history) on Arch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 capped at 10.

Knowledge (nature) on Arch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 capped at 10.

Knowledge (planes) on Arch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 capped at 10.

Arch 2
Knowledge (arcana) on Arch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Knowledge (dungeoneering) on Arch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 DC >25

Knowledge (local) on Arch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Knowledge (religion) on Arch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Knowledge (geography) on Arch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 capped at 10.

Knowledge (history) on Arch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 capped at 10.

Knowledge (nature) on Arch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 capped at 10.

Knowledge (planes) on Arch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 capped at 10.

Arch 3
Knowledge (arcana) on Arch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Knowledge (dungeoneering) on Arch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Knowledge (local) on Arch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Knowledge (religion) on Arch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Knowledge (geography) on Arch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 capped at 10.

Knowledge (history) on Arch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 capped at 10.

Knowledge (nature) on Arch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 capped at 10.

Knowledge (planes) on Arch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 capped at 10.

Arch 4
Knowledge (arcana) on Arch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Knowledge (dungeoneering) on Arch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Knowledge (local) on Arch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 DC >20

Knowledge (religion) on Arch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 DC >20

Knowledge (geography) on Arch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 capped at 10.

Knowledge (history) on Arch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 capped at 10.

Knowledge (nature) on Arch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 capped at 10.

Knowledge (planes) on Arch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 capped at 10.

Arch 5
Knowledge (arcana) on Arch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Knowledge (dungeoneering) on Arch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Knowledge (local) on Arch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 DC >20

Knowledge (religion) on Arch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 DC >25

Knowledge (geography) on Arch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 capped at 10.

Knowledge (history) on Arch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 capped at 10.

Knowledge (nature) on Arch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 capped at 10.

Knowledge (planes) on Arch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 capped at 10.

Arch 6
Knowledge (arcana) on Arch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Knowledge (dungeoneering) on Arch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Knowledge (local) on Arch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Knowledge (religion) on Arch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Knowledge (geography) on Arch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 capped at 10.

Knowledge (history) on Arch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 capped at 10.

Knowledge (nature) on Arch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 capped at 10.

Knowledge (planes) on Arch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 capped at 10.

Arch 7
Knowledge (arcana) on Arch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Knowledge (dungeoneering) on Arch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Knowledge (local) on Arch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Knowledge (religion) on Arch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Knowledge (geography) on Arch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 capped at 10.

Knowledge (history) on Arch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 capped at 10.

Knowledge (nature) on Arch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 capped at 10.

Knowledge (planes) on Arch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 capped at 10.

And you know what? I'll also roll Local on the people we've met (one I've about to meet) so far to see if there's any rumors I've heard about specific names.

Knowledge (local) on people I've met so far:

Knowledge (local) on... Bagrin: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Knowledge (local) on... Anastasia: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 DC >20

Knowledge (local) on... Rydel: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Knowledge (local) on... Rodrick: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Knowledge (local) on... Nefroy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 DC >20

Hana stops walking. The echo of the piano music that half-deafened this room made it difficult to hear, but she was certain she heard what she thought. Turning around, she speaks at a half-yell to overcome the overpowering echoes of the piano above. "Let's see; You're aware that blithely calling out my true form is an insult, and do it anyways; You mention 'blackmail' in an honest voice; Finally, you ask for a 'favor' and steeple your hands together like a villain from a news serial."

Hazrit... safe enough? Interesting.

With a heavy sigh, she turns around, placing a hand across her face in shame. "It seems I'll have to do what you ask, then."


Hana Miyahara:

In the future if you want to roll a check if you're curious about a location, roll knowledge local. It's not so much me being shifty as it is common sense. That being said, that didn't take that long because you copy pasted the dice :U

As you walk around the platform, hearing out Rodrick, you're 100% certain that the first Archway is Argosal, the Chilling Pass. Currently dominated by the Lich himself, and frequently under attack by the undead on the northern wall recently built to protect the small village. Prior to your death there were plenty of rumors going around about specific people in the village helping the lich, but none were ever brought to fruition.

The very man that doomed you to your death was one of these people.

As you circle the platform, Rodrick stays on his pillars and chatters away. "Oh nyo, it wyasn't as simple as that. I'm just interested in something specific from Hazrit. Hmm... Plenty of things there, really. Tell ya what. Thyere's this wyrmling in the ol' smith's smithy. Why dyon'tcha hyead there, see if ya can't bring me back a nyice gem? I'd pay ya, really.

As the man makes the suggestion, his frame disappears behind the chandelier. The second archway, despite it's horrific visage, reminds you of absolutely nowhere, despite your wonderful knowledge of such places. That would mean that the city it's made of either isn't important on a grand scale, or it's just a small city or smaller.

The third Archway you know nothing of as well, but the fourth archway, the one you couldn't previously see, has a fat man with a tophat and awful scrunched face at the top, followed underneath by bulbous nobility, made apparent from their monacles. At the bottom, citizens in despair. The exact look of it reminds you of The Dukedom of Gibraltar, one of the first places to get engulfed in the mist. You don't know much more than that because you've never been there.

The fifth Archway seems to be Nibreltar, a place told of as a nightmarish constant fight against demons. Other than that, you don't know anything about it as it was full of secrets.

The sixth Archway is unintelligible.

The seventh Archway escapes you entirely.

As you turn the edge of the circle, Rodrick has actually disappeared, though you remember his inquiry more than anything. You didn't even hear him stand up and leave. The only thing left to hear is the sound of the music.


Female Human Arcanist 3/Inquisitor 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | HP: 19/19, NL: 0 | AC 14/13/11, Cold Resistance 1 | F+4 R +5 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 | Bolts: 4, Arrows: 14, Shocking Grasp: 21, Silent Image: 5, Magic Missile: 15
Spells and Abilities:
Arcanist Spells - 1st: 1/5 | Inquisitor Spells - 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, Judgments: 1/1

"Everyone has something their good at. Just because you aren't handy with a sword or spell doesn't mean you aren't good at anything. If nothing else, it is good to have someone to talk to about what's going on." Tera feels more like she did before Nibreltar turned into a hellhole. She found helping others was just something that came naturally, and encouraging Anastasia and Rydel was something that helped her work through her own demons.

Rydell's mention of protecting Nibreltar made her mind turn to the fates of her friends, those that were left.

"As for Nibreltar. It's not the city but the people in it that we were protecting. I died trying to lure away some of the fiends that had caught our scent. If there's no one left to protect, then so be it. I'll burn it holy fire myself if I have to."

Her eyes flash with emerald flame, and the shimmer in her hair made it look like fire.

"But I know I'm not strong enough to do that, yet."

Her eyes dim somewhat, her temper cooling with the acceptance of that weakness. She turns to the couple.

"Where could we do the most good? Where can we help the most?"


Male Human Wizard 3, +5 Initiative, +6 Perception, AC 11 / Touch AC 11 / Flat Footed AC10, Saves F+2/ R +w / W +6 HP:19/19

Bannon's attention shifted as a new voice joined the conversation -

Finelia wrote:
"As much as I don't wish it on anyone, the person with the most knowledge of all the local provinces is Rodrick. He's usually sitting on the top floor... just... don't make him any deals."

He couldn't help to notice that her message was cryptic and if not rude for interjecting in the dwarf's tale. Yet, her participation may have given the group, or atleast the Wizard a proper warning.

"Duly noted..."

As his companion's faces grew grim, Bannon knew that he needed to kill some time - as Marco toiled away on his spellbook.

The abjurer gave a small nod and excused himself, bounding for the central chamber where he had originated. Finding a stairwell nearby, he ascended to the second floor, looking for any would be volunteers.

He traversed the winding staircase and stopped once it reached the second floor. While the passage way continued, voices eminated nearby. Rounding the bend he came upon the red haired armored woman from earlier. Noticing that she was in conversation he joined her side and smiled.

With a show of respect, he excused himself into the conversation and asked a general question.

"Pardon me good sir and ladies, I hope I'm not interupting something important. An occasion to learn about our fates and perform good work has arrived - well, to be exact - Arcus the blacksmith's petitioned for aid in returning his much needed tools from Hazrit. Are any of you interested?"

The wizard knew that what he did was quite presumptuos, but the call to arms was often answered by willing heroes and treasure sorted individuals - hopefully the former would rise form such occasion.


M Dwarf Fighter 6 / inquisitor 3 | HP 88/88 | AC:23, T:15, F:19 | CMD:25, CMB:+11 | Save (F+11, R+7, W+6) | Init:+6 | Perc: +13 , DV 60'

Bromen watches the wizard walk away, torn between the desire to run for Hazrit to complete the task and the awe of simply being in Arcus's presence. He pauses for a moment to watch the craftsman work - his own training never allowed him to learn the forge as so many dwarves do, but that does not stop him from appreciating the beauty and the power of the work being done before him.

Of course, he realizes that he is probably a bit spoiled to be able to watch the work of hands as skilled as Arcus.

If he wants me gone, he's not shy. And maybe the wizard can recruit a few other swords to come along and get this done right and quick.


Female Human Arcanist 3/Inquisitor 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | HP: 19/19, NL: 0 | AC 14/13/11, Cold Resistance 1 | F+4 R +5 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 | Bolts: 4, Arrows: 14, Shocking Grasp: 21, Silent Image: 5, Magic Missile: 15
Spells and Abilities:
Arcanist Spells - 1st: 1/5 | Inquisitor Spells - 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, Judgments: 1/1

Tera looks from Anastasia and Ryden to Bannon, then back again, trying to gauge their reaction to the news.

"Well, do you think this is as good of a place to start as any?"


Bannon and Tera:

Anastasia, the lithe and small woman, looks at Tera with a wry smile. "Good as place as any! I was going to recommend Argosal, really. That's where everyone's been going lately, save for Oswald. Oswald like to go to the Dukedom, and Agristrad. We don't even know much about Hazrit, but, that's all you!" She seemed rather happy.

Rydell breathed a heavy sigh and drummed his fingers across the platform. "Arcus hasn't sent anyone to Hazrit in 2 months. Can't expect things to be like they used to. A wyrmling's the weakest a dragon can be, really. Hazrit's got tons of dragons in it. Little bugger might know something. He tried to get me and Anastasia to go, but, we didn't feel up to it. We'd help, but we're planning on heading to investigate Argosal."

As they finished the conversation and looked rather happy, Rydel's brow suddenly furrows and he casts his gaze on what appears to be a Bald man in black leather armor with a longspear on his back.

"That's Rodrick. Crafty man. Knows plenty about everywhere, and apparently does a lot of snooping. I'd worry about him later, though. You guys seem pretty clear on where your about to go. I'd keep it that way."

The bald man seems to turn at the base of the stairs, walking onto a curiously colored bit of ground that no one had seemed to notice before. All of a sudden he disappeared in a flash, much to everyone's surprise.

"Man just went to the outer ring. Plenty of others out there, but, I rest my case. I'd test my metal in Hazrit if I were you lot. Get situated with all the new changes? He says, cocking a wry smile.

"Yeah! It'd be good to get situated." Anastasia says blissfully.

Bromen and Roman:

The Dwarf pounds a bit of metal down again onto the broadsword, then dips it into what looks like water, but it far too viscous to actually be so. As he sets the weapon down to watch it cool, he looks at Bromen. "You boys 'ere out for a while. S'been a good few days, probably, sin'cha been conscious. Not sure what time it's in the ol' hills, but, can't be that late. If'n ya don't wanna fight a drag'n at night, I'd suggest headin' out, 'soon as possible." He said, rather proudly. He didn't seem to be alienating you, no, it was more of a sincere suggestion.

He cast a glance over at Roman. "You too."


Female Human Arcanist 3/Inquisitor 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | HP: 19/19, NL: 0 | AC 14/13/11, Cold Resistance 1 | F+4 R +5 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 | Bolts: 4, Arrows: 14, Shocking Grasp: 21, Silent Image: 5, Magic Missile: 15
Spells and Abilities:
Arcanist Spells - 1st: 1/5 | Inquisitor Spells - 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, Judgments: 1/1

"Is there anything we need to be aware of when we head out? Will we need food? What about other supplies, like ropes and grappling hooks? I'm afraid my pack is rather empty since no one was expecting me to come back."

Tera asks the couple as she gets up and begins putting her armor back on, noting any holes or dents that look like they need to be fixed. She rattles questions off, appearing more like an officer in an army than a member of Iomedae's clergy.

"I'm sure the land hasn't changed that much. Do we have any maps or someone that knows the lay of the land? Do we know of anyone that can make a map? Do we even have the tools for that?"

She pauses as she pulls the straps on the greaves tight and checks the buckles. Satisfied, she moves on to the ones on the side of the chest and belly pieces.

"What kind of dangers can we expect? Anything about the people there we need to know? Is there any way to get that information?"

Her gauntlets are next. Her fingers flex after they have been donned, testing the fit of the padded leather gloves. Once they are on the grabs the baldric that was looped around the armor bundle and belts it around her shoulder and hip before stowing her shield and sword on it. One final check of the armor and she looks at the others, her mind obviously working behind her eyes.


Bannon and Tera:

Rydel chuckles half-heartedly. "Hazrit's always been filled with nasties. Let alone before all the red dragons had to swoop into one mountain range. There's... Goblins, Ogre's, Hollow Dwarves in the deeper caves... that's about all I can recollect really. I imagine there's some pretty terrible things deeper into the volcanoes, but, that goes without saying, right? He had counted the things out on his gauntleted fingers, obviously having experience with each.

"The Goblins tend to avoid the Ogres tend to avoid the cliffside, but a few of the nastier ones get exiled into the mountains. Just stay on your guard, yeah?"

Anastasia thinks on the questions. "Well, regular gear is normal, no? As for maps, well, no, you'd have to ask Lars for one. He's in the outer ring, though, and he'd want payment. He's also really busy deciphering a tome from Argosal, and he'd be more angry than anything to be interrupted. She sort of sounded shy, blushing at that.

"Arcus would know the land better than anyone, after all, it's his tools. I'm sure your dwarf friend is figuring out all the details as we speak." She smiled, leaning on her hand. "As for the rest of the things, well, it's what you'd expect. One thing in particular you want to avoid about Hazrit is night time, when the bigger... nastier creatures come out of their caves. That's about it, though." She said, matter'o'factly.


Male Human Wizard 3, +5 Initiative, +6 Perception, AC 11 / Touch AC 11 / Flat Footed AC10, Saves F+2/ R +w / W +6 HP:19/19

Bannon gave a small bow at the newly learned information. It seemed less insane and more doable considering that the Hazrit was a homeland for the dwarves.

Turning to Tera, the wizard smiles wryly and gazes deep in her eyes, hoping to inspire her to action.

"I trust you need no further impetus to heed this call, no? Come, a group is bound for there, yet we are without one. What are your thoughts?.

Sczarni

Female Kitsune Bard 3; AC 17, 13 touch 14 flat-footed; HP 21/21, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +4; +5 Initiative, +6 Perception

After inspecting the portals and arches for long enough, Hana nods solemnly, taking in the information and sorting it in her mind. So new here, and already people were looking to enlist her in their own schemes, desires, plots, plans and goals. Part of her rebuked the very thought of being used in such a way.

She descended down the stairs, hearing a new voice, and found Tera in conversation, still, with the others-- by the tone, no longer somber. She was with the older man-- hadn't he admitted to being a wizard? Striding down, she walked the edge of the group, listening to Anastasia and Rydel speak. It sounded important.

Hana catches Tera's gaze and tries her best to look supportive. "Much better. Far less doubt," she says quietly. "I had the feeling that I was needed," she says, far less quietly, to the group. In truth, she didn't, but it was the easiest way to learn if they did or didn't and if she could continue pursuing her agenda of discovering the location this rogue piano player without interruptions.


Female Human Arcanist 3/Inquisitor 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | HP: 19/19, NL: 0 | AC 14/13/11, Cold Resistance 1 | F+4 R +5 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 | Bolts: 4, Arrows: 14, Shocking Grasp: 21, Silent Image: 5, Magic Missile: 15
Spells and Abilities:
Arcanist Spells - 1st: 1/5 | Inquisitor Spells - 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, Judgments: 1/1

"Well, apparently we're going up against dragons. We have the roles of the wise wizard and the noble knight filled. I think you'd do pretty well as the damsel in distress."

Tera grins at Hana, letting her know it was just a jest. She absently tugged on a gauntlet, testing the feel of it again before being satisfied with it. How odd, she thought, that when the situation wasn't so desperate, when she learned that all her friends were most likely dead, she felt herself again.

"We're going to Hazrit, and I guess you already heard that there's dwarves, orges, and other assorted nastiness waiting there, I'm not sure how durable Bannon is, and I'm going to be as stealth as a drunk cat wearing a kitchen-full of pots and pans, so someone who can be our eyes and ears would be great, though we shouldn't get too separated."

She pauses, and looks Hana up and down.

"Lean, slight of build... Yup, you look like a scout a'right."


hp 28/28, grit 2/3 Male Human Gunslinger 1 / Fighter 2

«Didn’t figure this place for one where time flows – thought we were out of time jus’ like we’re out of the cycle o’ life» Roman is still perplexed and kind of hates himself for asking all these questions You sound like a pup on his first day of school you ol’ bastard…. Keep it together! «Well, I'm just about ready to go... I got one question for the more... experienced folks 'round here before we go.»

Then he asks again Arcus, Marco, Finelia and everyone who seems to know about the rules of the Nexus. «Just to be clear things up… we can all build things here out of Heyther?» he checks his pockets and his bags «Do we need to bring back tools? Or if we had them when we croaked, we already have them?»

Sczarni

Female Kitsune Bard 3; AC 17, 13 touch 14 flat-footed; HP 21/21, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +4; +5 Initiative, +6 Perception

Hana shakes her head. "I'd heard nothing of the sort, but now I know. A scout? My dear, I thought I was the princess? As the princess, I demand travel via palanquin. I'd settle for being carried, but this place has other ideas." She casts a rueful eye to the area around them, as if it is somehow to blame for her current ongoing quandaries. Hana doesn't deny that she possesses the skill set Tera is looking for, and a flash in the slim girl's eye suggests that the paladin's guess is right on target.

She turns to Bannon and extends a faux-pas hand that swivels itself into the beginning of an overdone bow. "Hana Miyahara, damsel in distress. Charmed, I'm sure," she introduces herself and rises from her bow.

"It seems we're quick to action. What about the other two-- the screaming man and the quiet dwarf? If bard's tales have taught me anything, tales are made or broken on the presence of comic relief." She cracks a wry grin. "But, honestly, I have a feeling it's best to bring them along. I'm sure they can help in some way or fashion. Someone must carry my palanquin."


Bromen and Roman:

Arcus chuckles a bit as he carefully slides a knife over the sword. "Not that simple, boy. While people can all 'ventually do it, 'takes time. Takes a certain flare'" With that he laughs a bit, carefully chinking bits out of the sword.

From the other side of the room, you hear the sharp twang of an arrow go into a wall, and stick. The tensile strength of the bow must be outrageous. Finelia says; "Aether is fickle." she said, rather proud at her handiwork; a masterfully crafted composite bow. "As for your tools, if you died with them on your person, then you have them. Otherwise they're back where you left them."


M Dwarf Fighter 6 / inquisitor 3 | HP 88/88 | AC:23, T:15, F:19 | CMD:25, CMB:+11 | Save (F+11, R+7, W+6) | Init:+6 | Perc: +13 , DV 60'

Hundreds of questions fill Bromen's mind, not the least of which is how 'dying' affects his role in the prophecies. He wonders for a minute if he is finally free........but another clang from the forge brings him back. Avoidin' yer duty doesn't make it go away

His jaw sets firmly "Only one question left t' ask. How do ye get to Hazrit from here?"


Bromen and Roman:

Ceasing his work for just a moment, Arcus replie with; "There's a floor upstairs that the wizard's probably 'lready on his way to. Seven archways, circular platform. Can't miss it'. The arch that goes to Hazrit you'll definitely' rec'nize." He said it matter'o'factly, sounding rather certain you'd know which one it was.

Arcus then returns to his work; mumbling something to himself as he does. Marco then closes the book he was scribing into, notably the wizard from before's, and hands it to Bromen. "It would take me quite some time to get what I want out of that, but it's mid-day in Hazrit, and the night time's there are cruel. Take this book back to him, if ya don't mind, and tell him to prepare whatever he needs immediately."

With that, Marco lets go of the book, and returns to his potions.


Female Human Arcanist 3/Inquisitor 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | HP: 19/19, NL: 0 | AC 14/13/11, Cold Resistance 1 | F+4 R +5 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 | Bolts: 4, Arrows: 14, Shocking Grasp: 21, Silent Image: 5, Magic Missile: 15
Spells and Abilities:
Arcanist Spells - 1st: 1/5 | Inquisitor Spells - 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, Judgments: 1/1
Hana Miyahara wrote:

Hana shakes her head. "I'd heard nothing of the sort, but now I know. A scout? My dear, I thought I was the princess? As the princess, I demand travel via palanquin. I'd settle for being carried, but this place has other ideas." She casts a rueful eye to the area around them, as if it is somehow to blame for her current ongoing quandaries. Hana doesn't deny that she possesses the skill set Tera is looking for, and a flash in the slim girl's eye suggests that the paladin's guess is right on target.

She turns to Bannon and extends a faux-pas hand that swivels itself into the beginning of an overdone bow. "Hana Miyahara, damsel in distress. Charmed, I'm sure," she introduces herself and rises from her bow.

"It seems we're quick to action. What about the other two-- the screaming man and the quiet dwarf? If bard's tales have taught me anything, tales are made or broken on the presence of comic relief." She cracks a wry grin. "But, honestly, I have a feeling it's best to bring them along. I'm sure they can help in some way or fashion. Someone must carry my palanquin."

"Oh dear," says Tera turning to the others, "I'm afraid I've awakened a monster."

When Hana mentions the man and the dwarf, Tera thinks for a moment.

"The dwarf had the look of a warrior about him. I'm not sure about the man, but if we all died, he probably died gruesomely. If we are going to fight dragons, even young ones, I'd rather have more people helping to kill it or chase it off than less."


Male Human Wizard 3, +5 Initiative, +6 Perception, AC 11 / Touch AC 11 / Flat Footed AC10, Saves F+2/ R +w / W +6 HP:19/19

Durable? Not everyone has to galivant in armor to prove their worth. But, this other woman, this....child had a mouth upon her. No sense wasting my time....

Merely shrugging his shoulders, Bannon was type of magic user that didn't need explosive magic or world breaking spells to prove his point. [i] Let them think I'm a feeble old man. Theres much use left in me, yet![\i]. Seeing that he was joined by yet another person within the Nexus, he was about to shake the bard's hand when she went into a faux bow. Putting aside that gesture was uncalled for, he smiled wryly.

[b]"Pleased to make your acquantice[\b]

Sczarni

Female Kitsune Bard 3; AC 17, 13 touch 14 flat-footed; HP 21/21, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +4; +5 Initiative, +6 Perception

"I know you are," Hana responds off-hand with a bit of playful barb in her tone. For a paladin, she was rather amusing, and for a wizard, he was a bit indignant. What interesting people! Taking to task the topic of touching, Hana continues. "You realize that if I shook your hand, it'd be... uncomfortable, correct, Anastasia? Disintegration is a word that springs to mind." She looks to the far more pleasant girl for reassurance, and once gained, turns her attention to Tera.

"I was only joking," she half-lies. Where would they find a palanquin, anyways? Perhaps Bannon could summon one for her. "Good point on the men, however. The more the merrier is the phrase, is it not? Truth be told, in the Pass, the phrase was 'I only have enough food for two, so get out of my house.'" The white-haired girl lets the dark humor sink in for an instant and continues. "Mister Gaincroft, will they be along soon? Or should one of us fetch them from whatever interesting thing they've become engaged in within this palace of the macabre?"


Female Human Arcanist 3/Inquisitor 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | HP: 19/19, NL: 0 | AC 14/13/11, Cold Resistance 1 | F+4 R +5 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 | Bolts: 4, Arrows: 14, Shocking Grasp: 21, Silent Image: 5, Magic Missile: 15
Spells and Abilities:
Arcanist Spells - 1st: 1/5 | Inquisitor Spells - 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, Judgments: 1/1
Hana Miyahara wrote:
... For a paladin, she was rather amusing...

Thank you. I'm trying to play a paladin that subverts most of the usual tropes.

Hana Miyahara wrote:
"I was only joking," she half-lies. Where would they find a palanquin, anyways? Perhaps Bannon could summon one for her. "Good point on the men, however. The more the merrier is the phrase, is it not? Truth be told, in the Pass, the phrase was 'I only have enough food for two, so get out of my house.'" The white-haired girl lets the dark humor sink in for an instant and continues. "Mister Gaincroft, will they be along soon? Or should one of us fetch them from whatever interesting thing they've become engaged in within this palace of the macabre?"

"So was I."

Tera's smile fades as the implications of what Hana was saying sinks in. She couldn't imagine turning out someone who needed help. She looks down at her feet, and tries to find the point at which she wouldn't help someone, while half-way listening to Hana.

"If Bannon can show the way, I can go get them."


Male Human Wizard 3, +5 Initiative, +6 Perception, AC 11 / Touch AC 11 / Flat Footed AC10, Saves F+2/ R +w / W +6 HP:19/19

Bannon was relieved that the ladies whom in his presence displayed similar sentiments regarding the call to Hazrit. However, their motives could be far from what the wizard cared for. The opportunity alone to study an organism one step fundamentally different than a dragon was more than enough impetus for the older spell caster. Perhaps he could learn his magic's use when put in the right conditions. Either way, Bannon was in.

"The others are within the mercantile area of this...place. Proceed downward and follow a nearby hallway - you'll bound to see the others from which originated with our entering.uh, passing into the Nexus.

He was caught in a thought before talking once more.

"As for starting this journey, I'd need sometime to study for this outting. After all, my durability is in question here." said Bannon in a passive aggressive manner."[/b]

How dare you challenge me!


Female Human Arcanist 3/Inquisitor 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | HP: 19/19, NL: 0 | AC 14/13/11, Cold Resistance 1 | F+4 R +5 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 | Bolts: 4, Arrows: 14, Shocking Grasp: 21, Silent Image: 5, Magic Missile: 15
Spells and Abilities:
Arcanist Spells - 1st: 1/5 | Inquisitor Spells - 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, Judgments: 1/1

Bring it mage boy. :P

"Thank you, I'll go get them.

As she leaves she ponders Bannon's last statement, wondering why he seemed upset about that comment.


M Dwarf Fighter 6 / inquisitor 3 | HP 88/88 | AC:23, T:15, F:19 | CMD:25, CMB:+11 | Save (F+11, R+7, W+6) | Init:+6 | Perc: +13 , DV 60'

Bromen again bows his head. "Thank ye, Forgemaster. We'll be off to retrieve yer tools then. A mile or so from where we appear, up the chiseled stairs to the smithy. And be sure to bring things that aid the diplomacy." A dark grin crosses his face as he pats the dorn-dergar at his waist.

He turns to look up at Roman. "If we're goin we should get to it." He casts a quick glance over to Marco and the spellbook. "But I'd prefer not carry that if its all the same to you." May have its uses but I'll not be touchin the durned thing.

With one final nod to Arcus, Bromen heads out of the room and toward the room with the stairs, making his way up to the circular platform and the archways.


hp 28/28, grit 2/3 Male Human Gunslinger 1 / Fighter 2

Roman grabs the spellbook, perplexed «Wizard. Book. I think I'll manage. See you soon, master. Arcus, we'll be back with your stuff.» he tips his hat to Marco and to the forgemaster, then goes upstairs.

«Hey! HEY!» he shouts once he get in the above room, holding the book up in his left hand «I got a fancy book, here, for a wizard guy! Anyone? It's from that guy with the pocket-size dragon on his shoulders! He said you'll come with us to the Forge?»


Male Human Wizard 3, +5 Initiative, +6 Perception, AC 11 / Touch AC 11 / Flat Footed AC10, Saves F+2/ R +w / W +6 HP:19/19

Bannon's brow furrowed as he heard someone call out from below concerning his spellbook.

by the heavens, it hadn't even been and Marco was impeded from his study session...simpletons....

Leaning over towards the staircase, he bellowed out to the fighter.

" my participation in this endeavor was never in question. Though, you stripped the arcanist of his inscribing which puts a hamper on things. Either way, it'll do me no good if I can't study and prepare for this trip to Hazrit. "[\b]

Meeting halfway down the stairs, Bannon took a fatherly demeanor upon Roman.

[b]"If you wish for me to aid you, we could start with the return of my book".

damn fools no respect when it comes to a wizards' study.


M Dwarf Fighter 6 / inquisitor 3 | HP 88/88 | AC:23, T:15, F:19 | CMD:25, CMB:+11 | Save (F+11, R+7, W+6) | Init:+6 | Perc: +13 , DV 60'

Bromen sneers at the exchange. "No time fer studying, mage. Arcus says we have to go now, we go now. Yer friend Marco agrees, that's why we have yer book."

"If we wait much longer it'll be getting dark in Hazrit. Not something yer gonna want to see, night in Hazrit. Did ye find others or are we goin just us three?"

The dwarf continues up the stairs, heading toward the archways without waiting for an answer.


Male Human Wizard 3, +5 Initiative, +6 Perception, AC 11 / Touch AC 11 / Flat Footed AC10, Saves F+2/ R +w / W +6 HP:19/19

Flustered, Bannon had to calm his mind.

"If you allow me to explain - I'm no mere conjurer or evoker slingin' fireballs willy-nilly. I happen to be an Abjurer, and mind you, to be effective, I need time to study. Spellcasters of my calibur need to prepare for the journey ahead - unlike Sorcerer's who can just call cheap magic to their heads."

He saw a wide array of stares fall upon him, and in an effort not to sound snobbish, he simplified his statement.

"I don't have magic prepare. Let me study for an hour, we'll be ready."

Over head, Cornelius fluttered his wings and hooted, adding a further tone of importance upon the aging spellcaster.

Seriously guys, Bannon didn't have any spells ready. He had to scramble to get his gear ready for the Nibrelter Apocalypse.


Female Human Arcanist 3/Inquisitor 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | HP: 19/19, NL: 0 | AC 14/13/11, Cold Resistance 1 | F+4 R +5 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 | Bolts: 4, Arrows: 14, Shocking Grasp: 21, Silent Image: 5, Magic Missile: 15
Spells and Abilities:
Arcanist Spells - 1st: 1/5 | Inquisitor Spells - 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, Judgments: 1/1

Hey. it's cool. Though I pray that Bannon never meets Talliree. When you have a sorceress that has the temper of a linnorm (Fey dragon) things can get, heated.


As the conversation carried on, and the bulk of the players had managed to grace the center area with their prescence, despite some friction, the sound of a shockwave filled the air, though, a light one.

From the same place that Rodrick, the bald man in black, had disappeared in, appeared a new person entirely. Donned in armor made of black metal, and a black sash around his neck that fell to his waist, a man with flowing white hair and a rather cruel-looking sickle walked into the room. His weapon was sheathed, of course.

Walking up the stairs, he took the time to notice everyone, dark red eyes darted from person to person, just as well, he turned his head to notice Bannon in the middle of complaining, making a visible smirk at the act. Ignoring them, for the most part he continued up the stairs, reaching his hands up through his hair and pulling it back out of his face.

While in the middle of that act, he seems to notice Hana and Tera, and a slight smile shows itself on his face. In a rather soft, though, silver-tongued tone, he simply says; "Lovely". Barring that, he continues up the stairs, not exactly expecting a reply.


Female Human Arcanist 3/Inquisitor 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | HP: 19/19, NL: 0 | AC 14/13/11, Cold Resistance 1 | F+4 R +5 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 | Bolts: 4, Arrows: 14, Shocking Grasp: 21, Silent Image: 5, Magic Missile: 15
Spells and Abilities:
Arcanist Spells - 1st: 1/5 | Inquisitor Spells - 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, Judgments: 1/1

Something made Tera's heart stop at that moment. An uneasiness settled over her, as the man passes, she turns to focus on him, she falls inwards, hoping being prepared for the worst would lessen what was about to happen.

Detect evil on the guy after he's past Tera and Hana, but before he's gone up the stairs.


Male Human Wizard 3, +5 Initiative, +6 Perception, AC 11 / Touch AC 11 / Flat Footed AC10, Saves F+2/ R +w / W +6 HP:19/19

Bannon was caught in mid sentence as a newcomer had arrived.

DM wrote:
"Walking up the stairs, he took the time to notice everyone, dark red eyes darted from person to person, just as well, he turned his head to notice Bannon in the middle of complaining, making a visible smirk at the act. Ignoring them, for the most part he continued up the stairs, reaching his hands up through his hair and pulling it back out of his face.

"Great...another meat clobbering dolt. I bet he's gonna add his two copper about magic."

After saying his spiel, the Abjurer grabs his spellbook and flips through the pages.

"Good, can't help but to think either of these idiots would deface my precious literature, or at worst use it for kindling."

"Thank you. If you need me, I'll be...somewhere? Not thats any manner since you warrior types are itching to get reduced to Aether."

Plodding down the stairs after the mysterious black armored man passed by, Bannon went to Marco's shop once more, to study and be in the company of his fellow arcanist.

When happened upon, he merely nods, holds his book with a steady hand and promptly sits down some paces from the Apothecary while rummaging through his book. His fingers ran along the pages as he recalled the formulae and incantions for his spells.

Wizard masturbation time. If yall don't mind, its gon take me an hour to my spells up. Go ahead and do things?

"Now...lets see...what should I need for this outting...

Spell List for DM:

Bannon's planning on preparing the following spells for the day.

School Slot: Peacebond (DC 16)
Mage Armor
Vanish
Sleep (DC 15)


Tera Flinders:

As you detect the aura of the man, a darkness creeps into your eyes and your overwhelmed with lecherous images and thoughts right before your mind blanks. Stunned


Female Human Arcanist 3/Inquisitor 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | HP: 19/19, NL: 0 | AC 14/13/11, Cold Resistance 1 | F+4 R +5 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 | Bolts: 4, Arrows: 14, Shocking Grasp: 21, Silent Image: 5, Magic Missile: 15
Spells and Abilities:
Arcanist Spells - 1st: 1/5 | Inquisitor Spells - 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, Judgments: 1/1

Is this the same guy as before? The one that had the overwhelming evil aura.

Tera snaps back to reality, reeling from what she had felt. Her knees buckle, but she is able to just barely make it to the wall and keep herself form falling to the floor. Her armor clinks softly as she slides down the wall and curls up as tight as she can. Her skin crawls as flashes of what she had felt surface to the forefront of her mind.

She wants to vomit, to run, to hide, but all she can do is shiver and try not to cry.

Once she has enough control of her emotions, she whispers to Anastasia and Rydel, "W-who w-w-was that?"


M Dwarf Fighter 6 / inquisitor 3 | HP 88/88 | AC:23, T:15, F:19 | CMD:25, CMB:+11 | Save (F+11, R+7, W+6) | Init:+6 | Perc: +13 , DV 60'

Bromen watches the black armored figure survey the group and move up the stairs. As the figure moves from view, the dwarf realizes that his hands that his hands subconsciously had drifted to his weapon.

He is not surprised by the wizards actions as he takes the book and heads off to prepare. Bah! Reading is for old men with skinny arms! Anxious to go but knowing he will have to wait, the dwarf makes his way over to the women Bannon was talking to.

"Are ye the ones the wizard said might be comin' to Hazrit with us? I'm Bromen son of Aralak, of clan Vrektel, and I intend to get Arcus what he needs from his forge. Hear tell there might be a wyrmling needs dealin' with first."

51 to 100 of 558 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / "A Dirge for the Future" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.