Duboris's "A Dirge For Everything"

Game Master Duboris

Chapter 1: Rebirth and a Song
- The players awake to a new way of life, and the comfort of... a Dirge. The Adventure Begins


451 to 500 of 558 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

As the fight draws to more of a chase, and a close, Hana's joke falls on deaf ears as the Wyrmling resists the magical urge to laugh. It's a magical urge, because he wouldn't laugh otherwise, as that joke was horrible.

Tera simply stands, preparing to swing her sword and taking a stab at the dragon provided it surfaces from the tube. An idea in vain, as it has no plans of returning.

Seeking the moment, Roman runs up, drawing a dagger and throwing it perfectly straight, up into the dragon's shoulder, followed by a painful shriek as it struggles to maintain it's grip. It does, however, and proceeds to skitter out of the top of the tube.

Roman Perception: 1d20 + 2 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 2 + 8 = 27
Tera Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Hah! Failure.
Hana Perception: 1d20 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 6 = 13 Failure
Bromen Perception: 1d20 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 1 + 4 = 24

While the general group assumes that the dragon has managed to get away, Roman and Bromen can both hear the creature as it uses it's butchered wings to fly away into the distance, carrying what little life it has left with it.

As blood drips out of the tube, the group heaves a sigh of relief, followed by that of curiosity, as the horde softly glimmers in the distance.

You guys can do what you want with it at this point. I'm assuming everyone's taking 20 on their perceptions when they search this thing, so Roman manages to find everything.

The Wyrmling's short-lived horde contains the following, found after someone spends an 20 minutes investigating it. The bulk of that time goes to counting the gold and separating it.

One Masterwork Longsword 315 Gold
One Masterwork Shortsword - 312 Gold
One Wand - 405 Gold
Three clawed books, bound by a golden string. - 210 Gold[ooc]
[ooc]One Locked Wizard's spellbook. Dc 25 Disable Device - Unknown till unlocked. 315 Gold -

The Blower for the Furnace
The Masterwork, Gold Plated Longhammer - 675 Gold
2863 Gold Pieces - 2863 Gold
4181 Silver Pieces - 418 Gold
412 Copper Pieces - 4 Gold
32 Platinum Pieces - 320 gold
One poorly carved stone statue of a baby dragon being nuzzled by it's mother.
This horde is worth 5837 Gold

To make things much simpler, rather than doing appraisels for each player on Every Item; Here's this.

Appraise DC 15:
You know the rough value of the Weapons, and that they're all mastework, but the exact prices of them and the books and wand are beyond you

Appraise DC 20:
You know the exact price of the Weapons, and that they're all masterwork, and are aware that the religious texts are valuable to those involving themselves with dragons. The Religious Texts are the Books of Apsu, Dahak, and Tiamat. You are also aware that the most valuable item in the horde is the hammer. The wand seems valuable, but a detect magic is required for it's actual worth. Non-magical, it seems to be 40 gold, as it seems to have been made of silver.

Appraise 18 With Draconic Language:
You also know that the the Religious texts are those of Apsu, Dahak, and Tiamat.

Knowledge: Religion 16:
The books of Apsu, Dahak, and Tiamat, as a set, can give a +2 to knowledge checks of any kind that involve dragons, but give a +3 to those involving Draconic Religion

Detect Magic:
The only magical aura among the horde is that of the wand jutting out of the side.

Knowledge Arcane 16:
The Aura on the wand is that of faint Abjuration

Spellcraft Dc 16 if Successful Knowledge Arcane:
The wand is a Wand of Alarm with 27 charges left in it. It is likely how the dragon knew you were coming.

If you were the one that sorted out the Horde:
At the very bottom of the horde, deep inside, and far beneath the gold, is a crudely carved statue. The statue is that of a young dragon in it's egg being nuzzled by it's mother. Depending on who you are, this might tug on your heartstrings. At the base of the statue, is some writing. If you can read Draconic, it says "Gargiggect and Grinhelda" followed by 4 lengthy scratch marks.

Eat your hearts out. Combat's over, so post order is irrelevant at this point. Roleplay who gets what, or just take dibs. Your guys's call. You earned it. Especially Roman.


Male Human Wizard 3, +5 Initiative, +6 Perception, AC 11 / Touch AC 11 / Flat Footed AC10, Saves F+2/ R +w / W +6 HP:19/19

Bannon squees for the Spellbook! Though, he'd have to find a capable locksmith to release the book.

Also, I wouldn't mind taking the wand...I'm an Abjurer after all.

Good job everyone one.


M Dwarf Fighter 6 / inquisitor 3 | HP 88/88 | AC:23, T:15, F:19 | CMD:25, CMB:+11 | Save (F+11, R+7, W+6) | Init:+6 | Perc: +13 , DV 60'

Appraise: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Bromen is relieved to hear the creature go, but can't help wondering if they'd just made a powerful enemy. If only I'd landed a better hit!

He helps his companions sort through the horde but finds most of the items too far outside his experience to properly appraise. Moving to retrieve the longhammer from where he left it he is filled with a sense of pride to have cleared the interloper out of the legendary forge. That thought brings him back around to the mission at hand.

"Anybody see the tools? Or did they go with the forge?"


The tools to the forge were the Engraver, the Hammer, Blower, and the Anvil. The Blower was among the Horde. The Hammer, Engraver, and Engraver are where they are supposed to be. The blower somehow made it into the horde, however.

The tools are all Mithril and Masterwork. If they are magical, they don't register as such. The spell Identify could determine whether or not they are, but Bannon doesn't have that.


Female Human Arcanist 3/Inquisitor 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | HP: 19/19, NL: 0 | AC 14/13/11, Cold Resistance 1 | F+4 R +5 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 | Bolts: 4, Arrows: 14, Shocking Grasp: 21, Silent Image: 5, Magic Missile: 15
Spells and Abilities:
Arcanist Spells - 1st: 1/5 | Inquisitor Spells - 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, Judgments: 1/1

Post coming tomorrow. Gotta get something else done for a game I"m running then off to bead.


hp 28/28, grit 2/3 Male Human Gunslinger 1 / Fighter 2

Roman stares silent at the pipe while listening to the dragon flying away. Slowly, he makes for the tube's entrance and recovers his knife.

He paces back, grimacing angrily. When he gets near Tera, he shoves her with strength "You damn churchy folks, bringing nice words to a firefight!" he shouts at her "You had to cuddle and talk to the dragon, didn't you? You just HAD to try and make a cat bark!" he keeps shouting, coating his anger with sarcasm "If you hadn't healed that beast now it would be on the ground! It could tell us about that crazy dragon lady, who seems dangerous enough... or better yet, it'll be dead and wouldn't grow up to be four times bigger and eight times more unpleasant for the folks here! Nine Hells!"

He turns around and looks at the pile of treasure.
Appraise: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

"Just a few meat slicers and big ol' pile of gold, eh?" he scratches his head under the leather hat. "Is it worth something in that creepy Neksus place, I wonder..." he sighs, remebering the days, just a few months befor,e where the sight of such a loot would have made him jump of joy.

"Ah... ah don't need much in there." he says "I guess if the gold's worth something to the folks in the Nexus, I'll buy something from them." he passes a hand on his chainmail "I've been meaning to get something better than this for a while."

"Are the books any good? What are they about?"

Roman will get his share of loot in gold or whatever. He wants a fair share, and the only thing he knows the value of is the money.


Male Human Wizard 3, +5 Initiative, +6 Perception, AC 11 / Touch AC 11 / Flat Footed AC10, Saves F+2/ R +w / W +6 HP:19/19

Ushering Cornelius from the dragon's horde, Bannon calmed his familiar by stroking its long white feathers.

"Its okay, friend. We survived...this time."

Truthfully speaking, Bannon was relieved at how the combined efforts of his allies culminated in a safe victory - but at what cost? Somewhere within the rocky environment of Hazrit fluttered an angry and spiteful child waiting to grow into a full fledged dragon. But worrying about such things detracted from life - a fear that would only be necessary for later.

Clearing his throat, Bannon called out to the group.

"Mistake me not for a mediator, but that was some show of teamwork earlier. Now...I know we're pressed with a victorious horde here..but hum...I feel we shouldn't dally here."


Female Human Arcanist 3/Inquisitor 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | HP: 19/19, NL: 0 | AC 14/13/11, Cold Resistance 1 | F+4 R +5 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 | Bolts: 4, Arrows: 14, Shocking Grasp: 21, Silent Image: 5, Magic Missile: 15
Spells and Abilities:
Arcanist Spells - 1st: 1/5 | Inquisitor Spells - 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, Judgments: 1/1

Appraise: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Tera trips over her numbed feet with a clatter. The paladin doesn't do anything but try to stand again. Her thoughts swirled in her head as she went over her every action since coming to Hazrit. There was the ogre, the dragon-lady, and now this. She was either too slow of wit, or just too slow to react properly. Each step that brought her here that replayed in her head seem to have on refrain.

You are a fool.

Looking about, she saw Bromen injured. She walks over to the dwarf and places a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry."

Lay on Hands: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 31d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

She looks about to the others, looking for wounds, burns, or even just a bruise.

Anyone else down?


The only 2 that were damaged were you and Bromen, and he's significantly worse off than you were, atleast, before the lay on hands. Also holy hell you guys can't appraise for s+#$.


M Dwarf Fighter 6 / inquisitor 3 | HP 88/88 | AC:23, T:15, F:19 | CMD:25, CMB:+11 | Save (F+11, R+7, W+6) | Init:+6 | Perc: +13 , DV 60'

Bromen is about to question Tera's apology when the waves of magical energy wash over him. He can feel his wounds reknitting, a disconcerting feeling but nothing like what he felt back in the Nexus. Snap!

When he can breathe again he looks into Tera's eyes. "What are ye apologizin' for? Ye tried to talk it it, tried harder then anyone else woulda. No way ye were gonna change it's mind but ye tried. Gave it more than it deserved if y'ask me."

He slowly reaches out and gives her an awkward pat on the arm. "Ye did good."

"We should be movin' on. Let's get the tools out of here and back to Arcus." He grins, a glint in his eyes. "And divide up the loot of course."

Start aetherizing the other tools, then the loot. Do we want to take the time to divide here and aetherize only our share, or just get it all done quickly and divide it once we're back?

Sczarni

Female Kitsune Bard 3; AC 17, 13 touch 14 flat-footed; HP 21/21, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +4; +5 Initiative, +6 Perception

"Sounds good to me."

Hana looks over the collected equipment.

Appraise: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Bannon has appraise... we don't. I don't know why he won't roll it. lol


Female Human Arcanist 3/Inquisitor 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | HP: 19/19, NL: 0 | AC 14/13/11, Cold Resistance 1 | F+4 R +5 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 | Bolts: 4, Arrows: 14, Shocking Grasp: 21, Silent Image: 5, Magic Missile: 15
Spells and Abilities:
Arcanist Spells - 1st: 1/5 | Inquisitor Spells - 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, Judgments: 1/1

I say aetherize it then split it up once we're back.

"I was fool for even trying."

Tera takes one last look at the pipe before moving over to the three books bound in string. She thinks about how Bromen did what he did to the furnace.

How did he do it? Just concentrate?


Male Human Wizard 3, +5 Initiative, +6 Perception, AC 11 / Touch AC 11 / Flat Footed AC10, Saves F+2/ R +w / W +6 HP:19/19

Don't tell me what to do :P

Bannon, taking on the cue from Hana looked over the pile once more.

Appraise: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


Back from Orientation!

Searching the length of the room, all of the gold pieces are thrown into the horde, piece by piece by the party, the horde's contents are thrown in. The hammer from the water way, and both tools, all of it, are all thrown onto the mound and Aetherized at the same time by the Bromen.

The Engraver/Etcher, the Blower, the Hammer, are all thrown on top as well. One particular item the group has surprisingly little difficulty with, save for requiring two people to lift it, is the Anvil, but Tera and Bromen seem to have no trouble at all moving it, as it's rather light.

Regardless, the weight is thrown onto the Horde as Roman and Hana keep rather overcautious eyes on the entrance, making dam well sure the dragon doesn't return, not that it had the means to.

The Horde, after about a minute of concentration, disintegrates completely and spreads apart in a glorious glitter among the room! It shortly converges onto a small, golden ball in the center of the floor. Tera actually takes the time to practice and convert the books, as well, smiling as the 3 turn into a gradient pea-sized ball on the ground. She places it on her person.

It would appear that all Aetherized masses have the colors of whatever they're converged from. With that, the Dwarf pockets the ball almost immediately, smiling at a job well done, as well as checking to make sure the other one was there.

The furnace room lay empty now, having grown dark and cold, save for the torch that still flickered in Roman's hand.


M Dwarf Fighter 6 / inquisitor 3 | HP 88/88 | AC:23, T:15, F:19 | CMD:25, CMB:+11 | Save (F+11, R+7, W+6) | Init:+6 | Perc: +13 , DV 60'

Bromen nods his head in satisfaction at a job well done. They'd cleared out the smithy and retrieved the tools of the legendary Arcus. Arcus; known throughout Hazrit as one of the greatest smiths, greatest dwarves, that ever lived. And they had done him a favor.

Bromen could not help but start to think about what that might mean. Could Arcus enchant his clan's ancient dorn or strengthen his father's armor? Could he provide Bromen with other items of power crafted by dwarven hands, enchanted without the taint of wizardry? His imagination begins to run wild as he thinks of the possibilities.

Of course the creations would be powerful but they would also be grand, like the golden longhammer. Such a fine weapon - both deadly tool and beautiful work of art. Yes, Arcus had quite an eye for crafting with the finest materials like gold and mithril. He probably even liked using gems to enhance the beauty of his pieces.

Yes, Arcus was a dwarf at heart so of course he loved gems. The rarer and more valuable the better. Hard to maintain a supply of that type of wealth. Arcus was probably always on the lookout for ways to find better materials for his work. And his work was everything to him, so it probably didn't matter what.....or who.....stood between him and the riches he needed for his forge.

Bromen shakes his head as he snaps out of his reverie, looking around again at the cavern around them.

"Ah.....time to head back, right? Just concentrate and be back in the Nexus.......?"

Quick look around, is there any mundane gear left here? Looking for a plain gauntlet or leather workglove?

Sczarni

Female Kitsune Bard 3; AC 17, 13 touch 14 flat-footed; HP 21/21, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +4; +5 Initiative, +6 Perception

Hana clicks her tongue. "There were a few other things here I wanted to look into-- there was a closed off cavern, for instance. Checking it may prove valuable, though, how it compares to the current profitability is a coin toss in itself."


Alas, there is no mundane gear to be found.The place must have been cleaned out right proper at some point.


Female Human Arcanist 3/Inquisitor 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | HP: 19/19, NL: 0 | AC 14/13/11, Cold Resistance 1 | F+4 R +5 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 | Bolts: 4, Arrows: 14, Shocking Grasp: 21, Silent Image: 5, Magic Missile: 15
Spells and Abilities:
Arcanist Spells - 1st: 1/5 | Inquisitor Spells - 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, Judgments: 1/1

Tera's momentary delight at having managed the task quickly fades as self-doubt once again casts its gloomy shadow.

"Whatever you think is best."

I've already caused problems twice. Someone else should lead. Someone who was actually right.


Male Human Wizard 3, +5 Initiative, +6 Perception, AC 11 / Touch AC 11 / Flat Footed AC10, Saves F+2/ R +w / W +6 HP:19/19

"Ooo more excitement!!" thought the wizard silently to himself.

"No harm eh, but someone else should be our leader. Tera, you've done a good job, but had it not been for our more capable friends, we could've ended up as a ashes."

Realizing that his open mind spoke out, he afford a small nod while looking shamefully away.

"Mind before tongue..."

Sczarni

Female Kitsune Bard 3; AC 17, 13 touch 14 flat-footed; HP 21/21, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +4; +5 Initiative, +6 Perception

"You should keep your mouth quiet-- it's getting away from your mind," Hana cheerfully reminds Bannon.

"Had it not be for the dwarf blindsiding us with combat, we could have probably avoided that situation. Had it not been for Roman's excellent aim, we probably would've ended up far worse for wear. In all honesty, we only had a few options-- trading something to it for its help would have been preferable if we had something to trade. It was still a monster, and I'm glad we've further allied ourselves with the apoplectic dragon woman before, but because someone makes a mistake isn't reason enough to insult them to their face."

"Nice dagger toss," she says, complimenting the gunslinger.

She turns on her heel. "So, that cave? Outside, shall we? This mountain air is good for the lungs, I hear."

Hana leaves the smithy with the haughty arrogance she entered with.


Male Human Wizard 3, +5 Initiative, +6 Perception, AC 11 / Touch AC 11 / Flat Footed AC10, Saves F+2/ R +w / W +6 HP:19/19

A sigh of relief escapes the wizard.

"True..." was all that Bannon managed to say before swallowing the rest of his left foot.

leaning towards the direction of the cave, he readied himself to press on.

This is grand. This RP I do enjoy :]


M Dwarf Fighter 6 / inquisitor 3 | HP 88/88 | AC:23, T:15, F:19 | CMD:25, CMB:+11 | Save (F+11, R+7, W+6) | Init:+6 | Perc: +13 , DV 60'

The banter between his companions brings Bromen's attention back into focus.

"Ye're kiddin' yerself t'think that could have gone any other way. We didn't have anything of value to trade for the tools and that thing wasn't gonna just give them to us. And that's not cause Tera made a mistake, that's because it was an EVIL THING. A thing that invaded a place that wasn't his, and if it hadn't killed dwarves already to get here it was gonna grow up to be a blight on the land. Ye want the job done, that thing needed t'go." Wish I'd hit it harder, thing would be done fer good.

He absently spins the ring around his stubby finger. "Normally I'd be first unseal a cavern t'see what secrets it holds, but the job isn't finished until we get the tools to Arcus." He looks to Tera, clearly deferring to her. "Can always come through the archway again after." Even though others are already heading toward the exit Bromen holds his ground.


For those of you not familiar with what Bromen is speaking of, as it was casually mentioned all the way back on page 2 of the posts, is the black sphere in all of you that, if you focus onto the nexus for a solid minute, you actually appear back there.
It was a total of 2 and a half hours to get here, if I remember correctly. That's one of the few things I haven't got put into the book is time-based distances, unfortunately. Bannon didn't have to make but 1 save on his way from the bridge to the cavern, so it took an hour to get here from there. In a sense, it's an Hour and a Half of a walk from the Aether portal to where you all currently are. The trail actually ends at the opening to Arcus's Smithy.
It would be in Bannon's best interest to teleport back, as he would ignore the potential to have that curse kick in, and also, it would actually take less daylight to get there.
That's fully up to everyone though. Keep up with the roleplay and come to a decision. I would actually re-read everything prior, mostly to get a grip on things and call me out on my b~!!$@#!, if I've made any. I'm trying not to.

Sczarni

Female Kitsune Bard 3; AC 17, 13 touch 14 flat-footed; HP 21/21, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +4; +5 Initiative, +6 Perception

Great points. She'd already left the room, though, so she waits a moment and then saunteringly returns.

"That sounds like a plan, then. Perhaps that instead, to spare Bannon his... condition?"


hp 28/28, grit 2/3 Male Human Gunslinger 1 / Fighter 2

I’m glad you brought that up” says Roman to Hana as she says his name “You wanna thank me, make me a promise: we DO come back here. All of us. With a plan to get the Rust Bugs. Many. We beat up that fool of an ogre, we get his chains and scraps as bait, and we lure them with us. I need those things. You’re grateful I saved your nice ass? Promise me that.” he spits on his hand and puts it forward.

Sczarni

Female Kitsune Bard 3; AC 17, 13 touch 14 flat-footed; HP 21/21, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +4; +5 Initiative, +6 Perception

"My," she says, flattered. "I find nothing remiss about what you said but for the spit in your palm. But if I must," she says, and gives his hand a good shake before wiping it off on her breeches.

"A lady doesn't spit," she explains. "On the topic of necessary tasks: One of the people in the Nexus was threatening to reveal a secret of mine unless I brought him a giant gem. Perhaps that could find its way into the addendum of tasks to be completed, yes?"


Male Human Wizard 3, +5 Initiative, +6 Perception, AC 11 / Touch AC 11 / Flat Footed AC10, Saves F+2/ R +w / W +6 HP:19/19

"Another forray deeper into Hazrit?" thought the wizard with a sigh. Taking a look at his hands, the curse which he recieved as a result of his hubris hadn't manifest yet. While true terrors still haunted him, such as unkept magic and demons ( shudders ), a curiousity rose within Bannon.

Waiting a moment for Roman to finish speaking, Bannon interjected midly.

"Mistake me not for the great and powerful magus you expect me to be, but would you need me to...participate on Hana's errand? I've a condition that...may impede our progress.."

Realizing that his confidence was that of a mollusk, Bannon casted a downward look.

"Now you've done it..."


Female Human Arcanist 3/Inquisitor 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | HP: 19/19, NL: 0 | AC 14/13/11, Cold Resistance 1 | F+4 R +5 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 | Bolts: 4, Arrows: 14, Shocking Grasp: 21, Silent Image: 5, Magic Missile: 15
Spells and Abilities:
Arcanist Spells - 1st: 1/5 | Inquisitor Spells - 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, Judgments: 1/1

"I'm sorry Roman, but I need to think first. Once my head is clear, I can give you my word, but not before."

Tera leans heavily on the haft of her halberd, her words are soft, but heavy, like the clouds before a long rain.


M Dwarf Fighter 6 / inquisitor 3 | HP 88/88 | AC:23, T:15, F:19 | CMD:25, CMB:+11 | Save (F+11, R+7, W+6) | Init:+6 | Perc: +13 , DV 60'

Bromen's experience with non-dwarves is very limited so he is unable to validate Roman's assessment of Hana, but he is able to weigh in on the topic of next steps.

"Can't say I want t'come back again but I agree it feels.... unfinished.... to leave that cavern unexplored. But I'm not fer promisin' until we bring this haul back and see what happens next."

"But first, let's get out of here." Since all seem in agreement, and since he has the two balls that represent the entire horde apart from the books, Bromen closes his eyes and begins concentrating on the nexus. Hope this is easy as they said...


Female Human Arcanist 3/Inquisitor 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | HP: 19/19, NL: 0 | AC 14/13/11, Cold Resistance 1 | F+4 R +5 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 | Bolts: 4, Arrows: 14, Shocking Grasp: 21, Silent Image: 5, Magic Missile: 15
Spells and Abilities:
Arcanist Spells - 1st: 1/5 | Inquisitor Spells - 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, Judgments: 1/1

Tera does the same, though she really wished she didn't have to see Oswald again. Beyond the fact that he was evil, powerfully so, something about him just made her feel unclean. An shudder runs up her spine as the concentrates on the nexus.

Sczarni

Female Kitsune Bard 3; AC 17, 13 touch 14 flat-footed; HP 21/21, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +4; +5 Initiative, +6 Perception

Hana nods and tries the same tactic-- concentrate!


As the group stood and concentrated, spending a minute to think about what they remembered of the Nexus, their forms wash away in the same way that the furnace and gold had, though as they opened their eyes, they realized that they were standing in the exact same place as when they'd first arrived.

They stood atop the runes that covered the deep, dark, hole that seemed to lead to nowhere. A strange thing, truly, considering the place seemed to exist on another plane.

They arrive to the sound of arguing, surprisingly enough. Against the eastern stairs that lead up to the upper floors, Bagrin is currently engaged with 2 people at the moment, one of which is a woman with long, poofy, yet curly, red hair in banded mail, sporting a shield on her back made to look like a proud lion.

The other person, a man with eyebrows that are surprisingly long, and a goatee to match in length with a stereotypical, yet very wide archer's hat, is sitting on a bench just beneath the stairs, pinching the fat between his eyes.

The woman, looking to him and throwing her hand up to the direction of the stairs; "Of course you can! You just don't want to go out and make a fool of yourself as always! Bagrin, I'm disappointed, I remember you when you had so much more spine than you do now...!" to which Bagrin sighs; "Listen, Cecille, it's simple. I ain't going back there. Of all the places we can go to, that one's the most vile, and besides, Damien has a point."

The woman pulls her hair back as she bites back with; "No he does not! You've not even braved the entrance to Agristrad in a year! You don't even know how vile and foul these things are! The cultists have gotten entirely out of hand and the people there are practically doomed to die of disease!" at which point, "Damien", slapping both of his knees as he stands, revealing a rather cumbersome, yet ornate longbow, says "But that's just the point, Cecille! Those people have been doomed for over a year, and I'll be impressed if a sane person exists in Agristrad. It was a place for Urgathoan's before, and now some other whackjob cult has shown up. The people have dealt with that for decades, so there's no reason to worry about it now." he says with a rather large tone to his voice.

Sighing, he continues with; "Listen... I know you want to help those people, but they've suffered for decades, as I mentioned. If you really want to call down any of that Divine wrath on anyone so badly, I suggest sticking it to the warden's goons in Zeltos... they've apparently been dragging people off more than usual lately. One of the guys in the bar said that 3'd been taken just last night."

Cecille then follows up with a slap to Damien's face, or would, if he didn't disappear as soon as she'd done it, just before reforming again. He still seemed to flinch, though. In a lower, yet stern tone, she says; "I'll stick to Agristrad, regardless. You spineless louts can deal with your lovely prison. At the least! The Least! Walk through the door again, THEN tell me what you think of mere kidnappings!" she says, stomping off up the stairs.

Disappointed with the way things had turned out, Damien looks to Bagrin; "That could've gone better... I'm going to head to Zeltos immediately. They need someone on watch tonight. Funny thing about the Nexus, eh? No matter which hole you step through, you still find something awful going on these days..."

Bagrin sighs again, a habit he'd been meaning to kick, apparently. "The girl's got her eyes set too high. She's already died to the plague once, but I'm too busy helping out the pass...- And that's when his eyes grow wide at the sight of you guys dusting yourselves off from the sudden teleportation inside.

"Ah, good, you made it back. How'd things go? Listen, don't pay any mind to whatever you just saw, I suggest you guys take it easy for a bit." he says, not really trying that hard to deter you from asking, really.

I'm going to be posting important campaign snippets in the info box tomorrow after work. I'll have everyone you've met so far / heard about in the list, as well as what you've done/heard/are doing. You're back in the nexus, so feel free to post at your own pace now! I can spoiler anyone that feels the need to walk off on a tangent.


hp 28/28, grit 2/3 Male Human Gunslinger 1 / Fighter 2

Roman overhears the beginning of the conversation, then listens with far more attention when Zeltos is named.
He gets closer to the man named Damien, ignoring Bagrin.
Just a second there, pard.” he asks “Couldn’t help but listen – that broad was loud! You’re going back to Zeltos, did I hear you right? I come from Barbaranaka. What’s going on there? And if you don’t mind me asking… how did you… you know…” he pretends to slit his own throat with the index finger “…bit the big one, end up here? Did it happen in the Prison?

Roman is going to spend a few moments talking to the man.
However, since now the time scale of our actions will be different, here are his priorities:
1) Getting a piece of the loot and ask Arcus what can he do as a reward
2) Locate the voice who wanted the firestone in the forge. He’ll wander around the Nexus taking 20 on Perception to catch that voice if he does not reveal himself, striking up casual conversation if people aren’t talking when he’s around.
3) Learning how to craft items in the Nexus.

His “priority zero” of course is getting help and allies to get to Zeltos. Damien might be the first.


The man sort of stops, turning on a heel as you talk to him and practically walk through Bagrin. His eyes narrow a bit, seemingly trying to place a finger to you. He waves you forward, beckoning you to follow him to a portal as he disappears in a puff and a trail of aether flows up into the chandelier far up top.

Taking a moment to look around, Roman, you don't really notice anyone waving at you, but the masked man from earlier, the one that was polishing the jewels. You'd heard them call him Sebastian. He's nowhere to be found and his trinkets are where they were previously.

Taking into account that none of the potential voices are even remarkably similar to the people in this part of the nexus, you walk up to the sigil on the ground.

Roman:
The area you arrive in is absolutely awe-striking. It's... strange. The room seems to be a half-coliseum, of sorts, with a massive, strange arrangement of circles that constantly spin in and out of each other in a strange sort of dance.

The stone room is a half coliseum, if only because half of the place literally isn't there. Chairs go in a circle around the place, but beneath the circular contraption, is a void. Empty, really, and it seems to go far and forever away. After that, the entire section of wall seems to just fall away. The best way to describe the colisum is half in tact, and half not there, as all that you can see where the stone ends, is void.

Some people are actually sitting down in this area, namely the masked man from earlier, who seems to throw you a glance as he sprawls out in the chairs. He throws you a quick thumbs up, expressionlessly, giving a nod.

Farther away is another sigil that apparently leads to another room, while the one behind you is still active and just as easily passed through to go back. The sign on the wall actually reads, in common, "Viewing room."

Damien walks up to a bench against the near-wall, and sits down at it. He looks you over and just says. "I was nightwatch at Zeltos one night, and one of the seeker's apparently couldn't be hastled to carry me back to the prison. One moment I have my face in the dirt, and the next, I'm lying on my belly with my face to the sky. One of those things gets a grip... it ain't lettin' go... What about you?"

Roman walks up to the sigil and disappears, and Bagrin, a little disappointed as usual, says; "You guys should use this time to get acquainted with the Nexus's layout. That sigil will take you full circle." he says, pointing to the sigil that Roman had just walked through. "That one leads to the viewing room." he says, and then points to the one on the western side; "And that one leads to the commons area, and the library."

He sits down on the bench that Damien had just been on a few feet away. "If ya have any questions, just ask." he seems deep in thought.


Female Human Arcanist 3/Inquisitor 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | HP: 19/19, NL: 0 | AC 14/13/11, Cold Resistance 1 | F+4 R +5 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 | Bolts: 4, Arrows: 14, Shocking Grasp: 21, Silent Image: 5, Magic Missile: 15
Spells and Abilities:
Arcanist Spells - 1st: 1/5 | Inquisitor Spells - 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, Judgments: 1/1

Tera thanks Bagrin before wandering the nexus. She keeps going over her actions, until the frustration of simply not knowing how else she should have handled the situation becomes too much to bear. She looks for a secluded area, one that's large enough for her to practice in.

The pain from the burns and the stiffness causes her to wince as she removed the heavy banded mail, but she refused to heal her wounds. They were her reminder that she had failed. The chain and the padding are laid beside the armor neatly. She looked at the discoloration with some dismay. She should have seen Arcus and borrowed some of the things she'd need to maintain her armor. The dismay only lasted a moment though, quickly drowned by the thoughts that continued to run through her mind and torment her. She reaches for the halberd leaned against the wall, but is surprised to find the sword in her hands.

She admired the craftsmanship of the blade as she drew it form it's scabbard. It was a fine blade, one made for combat rather than show. She'd seen the blades some of her peers had chosen. Ones that were gilt in gold, engraved, and were as much showpieces, declarations of wealth, as they were weapons. Not this one though.

This blade, the one she'd plucked from the mangled ruin of a man that had wielded before her, made no pretensions. It's hilt was simple, wood and leather provided a sure grip. The cross-guard was steel, and above that was a leather wrapped place for her to shorten her grip. The blade lacked engravings and gilding. It was made to hack though enemies, to empty their blood before they could do the same to you. The sword seemed to match her. Simple, plain, utilitarian. It was a weapon as much as she viewed herself as s soldier. She could talk like an office, yes, but that was more of a demand by her tutors than any expectation on her part. Before the mists, before the demons, she knew that she'd have been assigned the tasks that others were too good for. She'd have been stuck in a low-level position in the church of Iomedae and in the army of Nibreltar. She was too simple. She wasn't devout enough. She was unfit for leadership. All of the derision from before Nibreltar's fall came back and haunted her like her failure to make any difference in the fate of her remaining friends and comrades, and the more recent fiasco with the dragon and the dragon-woman.

The sword slowly arcs through the air as Tera steps though a basic routine. From stance to stance the blade sweeps in graceful arcs. Her steps become quicker, the blade whistles through the air. Her movements become a blurred dance as the blade catches the light and flashes around her like a butterfly might move on the wind. Faster and faster it goes until she stops with a strike that leaves the sword leveled in front of her, impaling an enemy that only her mind could see. Her breathing was heavy and sweat stained the simple long-sleeved tunic she wore as it soaked her hair so it clings to her face and neck.


M Dwarf Fighter 6 / inquisitor 3 | HP 88/88 | AC:23, T:15, F:19 | CMD:25, CMB:+11 | Save (F+11, R+7, W+6) | Init:+6 | Perc: +13 , DV 60'

Bromen is not sure how he feels as he rematerializes in the nexus. It marks the successful completion of their mission for Arcus which is a good thing, but he cannot help but be reminded that the only way he got to the nexus in the first place was to die in defeat.

He hangs back as the group witnesses the argument and Roman has his quick exchange before disappearing at the sigil. As his companions begin to disperse he reaches his hand into his pouch to feel the slight yet comforting weight of the two small balls representing the spoils of their adventure. A smile crosses his face as he envisions the gratitude of the dwarven smith. Just as that thought crosses his mind he hears a clinking noise: the sound of the golden spheres strike the ring on his finger. The smile slowly begins to fade. Best be careful though.

First course of action is to head to Arcus
1. find out how to restore the wealth so we can divvy it up
2. return the tools and forge to him
3. collect the rewards for the group for completion of the task
4. hiding the ring the entire time!
5. ask him about his partner during the idle chitchat


Male Human Wizard 3, +5 Initiative, +6 Perception, AC 11 / Touch AC 11 / Flat Footed AC10, Saves F+2/ R +w / W +6 HP:19/19

Having been returned to the Nexus, Bannon's mind raced with the new possibilities of putting what he learned to action.

With a smile, as he felt secure within the different reality, he went forth like a homebound child.

"Come now Cornelius, now is the time to put our minds to use!"

Bannon's agenda
1. Claim portion of profits ( including locked spellbook + wand if no one wants. ) and reclaim reward from Arcus.
2. Ask local cleric to remove cursed ring.
3. Find who's good with a lockpick to open new spell book, identify and transcribe.
4. Peruse Library and search for any books about Nibrelter.
5. Visit Marco and have wizard chat. Potentially share spellbooks.
6. Transcribe Scroll of (Endure Elements, Communal) into spellbook.
7. Craft a scroll - Bull's Strength (-150GP), Vanish (-25GP) Protection From Evil (-25GP) [can't think of anymore I'd like...]

Sczarni

Female Kitsune Bard 3; AC 17, 13 touch 14 flat-footed; HP 21/21, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +4; +5 Initiative, +6 Perception

Hana sighs as she rematerializes into an argument. She lets it pass by her like salt over her shoulder, ignoring most of what they say and not lingering to watch-- she leaves as soon as it's apparent it's private.

Slipping down the stairs elegantly, she expects Tera to follow-- instead, she stalks off, brooding. Her companions are the dwarf and the wizard. With a twisted smile, she looks to Bromen. "Time to get our money, yes?"

Hana's Agenda
1. Get paid, using her social skills to avoid being cheated-- even if the shopkeep is pure as snow, Hana isn't and projects that on other people
2. Buy a set of thieves' tools with her winnings and sit down to learn to lock pick-- a skill she picked up just now.
3. Go over draconic in her mind until she's got a firm grasp of it-- learned Draconic just now.
4. Avoid the blackmailer.
5. Perhaps take 20 to open Bannon's spellbook.
6. Find somewhere comfortable and doze.


Got a biiiiig post comin' up later today, right as soon as I get off work. Biiiiig post.


hp 28/28, grit 2/3 Male Human Gunslinger 1 / Fighter 2

Heh. My story is a touch more exciting – but still involves one basterd of a Seeker from the prison.” smirks Roman. “Got unfinished business with the place. I don’t know how much they told you ‘bout your condition here – I reckon you may just know more than I do if you’ve been here a while” he scratches his head under the leather hat “But seems to me we’re kind of in a good position tear down the damn place...
He looks at Damien straight in the eyes “Look. I lost someone to the prison. I’m sure you did too. But see – getting in was never the problem: getting out was. And now we got this power” he moves his hand to touch Damien’s face, watching it disappear into vapor and reappear on the other side “we can use against them!
Lost in his revenge fantasy, it takes him a while to realize where he is “What is this contraption? ‘nother creepy corner of this Neksus place?” he asks abruptly when he notices the void space.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The group parted ways, a mixture of excitement, curiosity, and shame. The Paladin, Tera, sought a place of solitude to practice and steel her resolve.
Roman would go to make a friend, and learn of the Viewing room.
Bannon, Tera, and Bromen would go to divide the loot and engage in conversation.

Tera:
Walking up to the eastern sigil, she watched as the room blurred around her, placing her into a much more comfortable environment. Casual adventurers sat on benches, some asleep, some wide-eyed at the new arrival. Her face seemed to say it all, as she looked around for a private room. To her left, a sign merely said "Sleeping Arrangements."

Entering, Tera found the room wide and Vacant, with various beds placed haphazardly around the room. A statue loomed over the far bed, a deity perhaps? She lacked the knowledge to understand which it was.

Taking the time to practice, she pokes the sword at the door at her invisible enemy, running it through. Ironically enough, it is at this exact point in time when the most vile person she could think of walked through the door; Oswald. The Lecher. Repulsed, Tera took a step back as the man walked in, taking a bow to the paladin. "Oswald, of Agristrad. A pleasure to finally engage in conversation, dearest...?" he looked up, obviously asking for her name. A pitch black scythe gleemed from his spine, atop a finely crafted suit of light-drinking full plate. The request drifted from his lips like honey on silver.

Roman:

The man chuckles as he leans back to look deep into the copper rings. "This? This is the viewing room. As for what that thing in the middle does, it's simple. Look into it with someone from the nexus in mind, and you can essentially get a pretty good view of them for about 10 hours, or as long as you dam well please. Sometimes it doesn't work, though. Can't imagine why." He says with a bit of a huff.

The man stays silent a moment, looking at his hand, seemingly inspecting the back of his palm. "Don't be too hasty about going in that prison. If it got you in here, it'll just send you right back." he says with a bit of a giggle. "Take it easy for now. Get stronger. Aether empowers the soul, and leads us to incredible feats." Leaning back, he pulls his hat over his eyes but keeps talking. "Just because you came back once doesn't mean you should be so eager to die again... what was your name again? Mine is Damien. Damien of Barbaranaka"

Bromen, Bannon, Tera:
The group walks down the flight of stairs from the center, thanking Bagrin for the advice and bidding him a quick farewell, in a rather large hurry to share the wealth and receive a righteous reward.

"Brom'n ya be'tiful bastard! Ya did it!" Arcus booms as the group walks in, going for a customary Dwarven hug, as does Bromen. The 2 forget themselves and just walk through each other, looking at the room rather upset and trying to pass it off as an accident. "'Nyways! You got me' tools, right? Ch'zel, 'Ammer, Blowin 'ting, Anvil, no?" he asks, extremely excited.

Finelia, at this point, gets up from her work to come lean against the wall and watch as the situation unfolds. Marco does as well, Pseudodragon on his shoulder as usual. "Splendid! Marvelous, I can see that you've got the... Is that the entire furnace?"" he asks, strange multi-color, multi-layer spectacles on his eyes. He shakes his head. "No matter, hand me that white aether and I shall see the situation handled." he says, Pseudodragon changing his spectacles all the while to different colors.

Bromen, of course, Presents the 2 beads, the gray with the red in the center, and the golden one with various things indented into it. "A moment, sirs. Arcus? he asks, looking over to the Dwarf as his pet crawls off his shoulders. "I require the ability to-" he's interrupted, "Way 'head'ya". With that, his forge, metal, weapons and the like all flow directly into his palm, converging as the white, colorless aether. Closing his eyes a moment, he wills it over to Marco.

Marco, holding the balls of aether in his palm, closes his eyes and casts a short spell. As he does, small pieces of the golden ball fly out, creating various smaller, silver orbs. The grey one floats up entirely.

The group stands in awe of the sight as Marco, still concentrating and chanting under his breathe, holds the orbs in his hands, parting them and spreading his arms, the orbs following the ones of importance. The balls of Aether expand to rather large things, taking the shape of what they were supposed to be prior. Willing the Dwarf's items to him first, he expands the mass of gold in his other hand as Arcus practically jumps with glee.

While Marco chants and his pet cocks it's head in amusement, Arcus crushes the orbs, turning them into the white aether once more, but they immediately take a yellowish orange color, forever making them his. "I'll not 'ose 'em again like 'is" he says as the entire furnace and setup allocate themselves to the room.

Fearing the fact that the pipe for the furnace was much too large for the room, the group is rather surprised to note that the pipes have actually gone through the ceiling of the room, a curious fact.

The Mithril tools glitter and gleam as the dwarf gets a wicked twinkle in his eye. Marco, not wasting any time, separates the contents of the dragon's horde in the air, making much smaller version of them appear, though he doesn't seem able to contain the size of them so small, they're merely for sifting and can't be reduced in size via this method. "Almost done. I think I'll be fair and split it evenly, no? I'll let you lot figure out who gets the weapons."

With that, the 2 swords, the Longhammer, the Wand, and the spellbook all separate from the golden ball. Marco closes his eyes again as the Pseudodragon carefully removes his glasses. Twiddling his fingers, the Wizard evenly separates the golden sphere into 5 shimmering circles. Waving his arm in a circular motion, the orbs find their retainers, 1 to Hana, Bromen and Bannon immediately, as the balls find the center of their balance and become one with them.

The sensation seems natural, actually. It's like gaining a new piece of yourself that you feel you can manipulate freely. This is your very first white, colorless aether. It can be used as currency that happens to be worth 2 gold a pop.

Each of you knows this, and what you know is that you all officially have 721 Aether. That equates to 1442 Gold. This is from the gold only. The swords are worth 157 aether each. Essentially the weight of an item's aether is equivalent to half it's buying price. a 315 sword = 157. The Longhammer, 330 something. People like to split those unevenly, however.

Marco hands the beads back to Bannon, seemingly a little tired from the experience, but hardly enough to stop him from working his usual way. "My Apologies... err" The dragon looks up to him and chitters something. "Bromen! Ah, yes. I'm afraid that my colleague, or, if my glasses are right, the lady, are the only ones capable of manipulating these things back to their previous form. All you have to do to give someone any of these things is to will them back to their previous form and then will them to be a posession of that person. The item falling out of your hand is a pretty decent sign that it worked."

"You could also merely crush the weapon, returning it to it's raw form of white Aether. Mind you, it can't be reverted at that point, so make sure they're okay with the idea, no?" All you have to do to give someone some of your own, white aether is to will it to them. Quite simply the only rule of Aether is to merely give it away. It's not that difficult once you get the hang of it!" He says, obviously rambling about his findings. In Bannon's hands are 3 orbs. 2 Gray, 1 gold. The other item in his hand is the wand.

In Marco's hands appears the spellbook that Bannon had his eyes on. "I made it a point to look at the situation while you searched the horde. This was apparently difficult to open, so I prepared a spell to open it right up as you returned." he says, flicking a wand that appeared from his sleeve in the book's direction.

Knock: 1d20 + 8 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 10 = 26

The spellbook jumbles around for a second, and the pet seems to look at it for a moment. When it stops jumbling, he gives it a swift tap and it flies open! Huzzah. "Shoo! That was close. It almost didn't work." With that, he closes the book, and throws it to Bannon, watching as it blurs as he tosses it, shifting to become one of his possessions.

"And with that, my friends, my charity ends. I will be open for shop for as long as I can imagine! Please, stop by if you need anything." As he says this, Arcus, thoroughly enjoying the play, has began to conjure up what looks to be various different ores. Finelia seems to catch on. "It would seem the Dwarf wishes to craft something for you in-" she's interrupted by a boom of the dwarf himself. "Fin'lly! FIN'LLY! I'm back in me old swing o'tings. I missed 'is so much I could die ag'in! Bromen, me boy! I've got more'n 'nuf Aether, so I'ma craft me own tings for ye' as thanks! Or do one've your taller friends want sumthin? Tell me! 'Ese hands! 'Ey want ta' work again'! Haha!" he says, bursting into a laughter. He literally cries with joy at the fact that he'd obtained these things again.

"Ya 'ven brought me old Furnace! I 'nay even asked fer'it! Ask man! Ask away!" he requests, chisel in one hand, hammer in the other.[/b]

Arcus isn't capable of crafting magical items as he's not a wizard, but he can craft just about anything made of metal. He can sculpt beautiful base equipment. In the case of this boon, he can craft any kind of weapon you can think of that isn't made of Adamantium. You're spending limit on this request is 500 aether, which, since he's actually building things with it, is 2000 gold. Arcus's real tools allow him to do all of this work in a mere 2 hours. The tools allow him to do 2000 gold worth of work in 2 hours once a day. He still has to make checks to craft.

Roman:
As the man speaks, a white puff comes through the wall and embeds itself in your chest. A little surprised, you jump back and draw your pistol, but Damien calms you down by putting his hands up and saying; "Woah! Woah! Easy, someone just gave you Aether is all. Your friends probably just cashed in."

Tera:
As Oswald looks up to you, a tuft of white aether comes and embeds itself into your body, at which point you nearly spin around, pointing a sword at the statue on the other end. The man stifles a laugh and approaches through the door a bit more, obviously aware that a sword can't harm him here, or anything else for that matter. [b]"Relax, dear woman. You've merely been given Aether... Now that is no way to treat Dearest Zura..." he says, pointing an underhand at the statue.

It is a woman with obvious bat wings, being grasped at from her legs by what appear to be nude men. Her eyes are closed, yet they weep tears of some sort. She is completely nude, and heavily scarred on her shoulders and belly.

Just a bit more chit chat and we can all post what we want to do on downtime.

Everyone currently has 721 Aether

Bannon's new Spellbook:

All level 0 spells.
Level 1's: Alarm, Crafter's Curse, Crafter's Fortune, Identify, Magic Aura.
Level 2's: Arcane Lock, Create Teasure Map

The inside of the book has extensive explanations of how to craft various bits of equipment and imbue them with magical bits. If read prior to crafting a magical arm or armor, an act requiring 4 hours, this book bestows a +4 circumstance bonus to that check. More information can be garnered from spending Time: 1d6 ⇒ 2 hours reading the book. This can be done as you scribe spells from the book into your own. At the end of the first page is, written in Dwarven "Rabaddon Firemane"


Female Human Arcanist 3/Inquisitor 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | HP: 19/19, NL: 0 | AC 14/13/11, Cold Resistance 1 | F+4 R +5 W+8 | Per: +10 | Init: +3 | Bolts: 4, Arrows: 14, Shocking Grasp: 21, Silent Image: 5, Magic Missile: 15
Spells and Abilities:
Arcanist Spells - 1st: 1/5 | Inquisitor Spells - 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, Judgments: 1/1

"T-tera."

Courtly manners had never been a strong suit for her, but some reactionary part of her mind forced her to say her name as the rest of her mind panicked. She takes a few more steps back and to the side, determined to not get cornered in the room if she could help it. She said nothing as she schooled her face into an impassive mask. Her eyes though, betrayed what she felt. Repulsion, doubt, and worst of all, fear. A pure primal fear that shook her to the core. She was still clothed, but she felt as if she were as naked as the day she was born. She still held her sword, but she felt helpless.

Of course, jumping when the Aether arrived didn't help matters. She felt foolish and wished that she was once again in solitude. Just as she calmed down from that bit of excitement, Oswald gave her another reason to grab her things and run. The statue, the one that she hadn't paid much attention to when she had first arrived, made things so much worse. Tera's cheeks flushed deep crimson as she realizes what's being depicted. The name, Zura brought forth a half-remembered legend about some queen who reveled in debauchery and drank blood. Her body moved before she could think. She turned to run out the way she came, fully intent on grabbing her gear and getting as far as she could. She managed to stop herself just short of running through Oswald on instinct. Her nose was barely a couple of inches from the black armor he wore. She backed away, her mind running in a thousand directions, but never moving forward enough for her to act upon the desire to flee.

EDIT: Didn't read that second spoiler since I thought you meant Hana. Response is added above.


M Dwarf Fighter 6 / inquisitor 3 | HP 88/88 | AC:23, T:15, F:19 | CMD:25, CMB:+11 | Save (F+11, R+7, W+6) | Init:+6 | Perc: +13 , DV 60'

Bromen tries to follow the conversation and instructions regarding aether. Its not easy to do as visions of a reward straight from the forge of THE Arcus begin to swim through his head: wading through a battlefield covered head to toe in shining mithral plate mail, attack after attack bouncing harmlessly off him. All too soon the conversation is over and the dwarf is afraid that he missed some important bits along the way.

What he does not miss is the offer from Arcus to make him something. He glances down at his breastplate, the breastplate his father crafted for him, and instead of the finely crafted gift all he can see is that vision again. He opens his mouth to answer but stops as his catches a glimpse of Bannon in his peripheral vision.

"Yer too kind, Master Arcus. Not sure I'm worthy t'ask for such a boon. But since ye wouldn't have yer tools without the efforts of the entire crew, I .......well....... That boon isn't mine alone."

bromen, yer an idiot

Sczarni

Female Kitsune Bard 3; AC 17, 13 touch 14 flat-footed; HP 21/21, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +4; +5 Initiative, +6 Perception

She makes a dismissive gesture to Bromen. "As much as I'd love a chain shirt shed of mithral, if there's a single boon to be split amongst us, it's likely yourself who should reap the reward. After all, it was your unplanned, brash and daring plan that earned it, yes? Sometimes arrogance pays off," she says.


hp 28/28, grit 2/3 Male Human Gunslinger 1 / Fighter 2

"Roman" he moves to shake the man’s hand, then stops midway feeling stupid "I’m from Barbaranaka too - from the bad side of town. Not that the good side is much better."

"To be honest, yeah, I have a bit of a hurry to go back. Someone I care ‘bout is still alive in there. But I hear you – don’t want to rush things." he concedes "I’m just planting seeds. When the time comes, when we’re strong enough, I’m leading a bunch of other guys – those fellas you saw with me – and we’ll tear down the place once and for all. There’s these weird beasts in one o’ the others regions, they gave me a funny idea…" he smirks "Anyway, keep that in mind. Would love to have you on board with this when the time comes."

When the aether comes through his chest, Roman looks at Damien "Oh… so that’s what passes for shinies here, I guess. Well technically it’s shinier than gold, so I’ll take it. How does it work? I need a bit of supplies for my old lead-spitter" he pats his holster "How do I turn this heyther thing into bullets?"


M Dwarf Fighter 6 / inquisitor 3 | HP 88/88 | AC:23, T:15, F:19 | CMD:25, CMB:+11 | Save (F+11, R+7, W+6) | Init:+6 | Perc: +13 , DV 60'

Bromen stares back at Hana before slowly speaking. "Based on what I seen, ye'd be the expert. I did what needed t'be done, what was gonna happen anyway, and maybe gave us the element of surprise against the beastie."

If Hana thought the dwarf has brash before, he wonders what she thinks of his next actions. "Forgemaster, my armor and weapon are not worthy of yer stamp but they've served my clan and family well. I will be asking ye to craft me somethin soon enough, but today I'd like part of m'boon to be a mithral chain shirt for my companion here. She needs better protection: it's hard t'avoid attacks with her nose so high in the air."


Male Human Wizard 3, +5 Initiative, +6 Perception, AC 11 / Touch AC 11 / Flat Footed AC10, Saves F+2/ R +w / W +6 HP:19/19

Oh the options I have....what to do...

Bannon looked around wistfully, taking on a curious attitude.

"Surely, a fine craft indeed!" remarked the wizard with an off beating attitude.

Having gathered the attention of his fellows, Bannon carefully caressed his winter owl, Cornelius. "If I'm not intruding here...but if craftings the mood, how much time would we stay here? I'd like to prepare some countermeasures towards our future's perils. Scrolls and the such. Are you all savy?" said Bannon with a downward glance, seeming needy and adorable.

As it happens, it'll take some time for me to adopt new spells from the tome we recovered @ Wyrmling's lair, and then to make a scroll or two. I haven't a clue how long this'll take me. o_O


Tera:
Oswald smiles wide, but reveals no teeth. Looking at him closely, his hair is lengthy and platinum blonde, and his face is alluring, like a handsome elf. It's almost cruel that a man this attractive read as pure evil incarnate. If he is a lecher, he's going to great lengths to hide his seething advances.

Taking a long step forward, Oswald tries to stay far enough away as not to startle you, as you turn to match eyes with him, ever watchful. He eventually breaks his gaze as he walks towards the statue. Raising a hand up, he touches the statues face and says "Zura, Demon lord of lust, blood, subjugation, subservience... and Hedonism. Truly a marvelous deity in her own right. Said to be the most beautiful thing in the abyss. With all due respect, that's not too difficult a feat down there, but I'm sure she'd even give some of the most delicate of morsels in this world a run for their money... or just drink them dry." he turned to look at Tera with a partial smile on his face again. "I can never tell. She is, however, a deity I've sworn subservience to..."

The room seemed to deepen in darkness as he sat on the bed, still in his armor. Placing the scythe down, he started to remove his full plate while you stood silent. A mixture of fear and apprehension. As he removed piece by piece, section by section, he spoke; "Tera, I am well aware that you're a paladin. I watched you through the viewing room. Curing through touch is a bit of a giveaway, I'm afraid."

He studies the symbol on your person for a moment as he removes the second arm of his armor. Knowledge: Religion: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

He grins wide. "Iomedae... A lovely deity. A woman, no less! Congratulations on the choice, but I must attest to the reason I've shown up here. You see, I'm afraid I do actually need some assistance in a particular venture, and you seem to be the holier type of person that I could easily persuade into doing such... Oh, if I may ask, please try not to grimace at what you're about to see too much..." he says, as he unbuckles the back of his full plate. Getting a closer look at it now, the shoulders of them are quite broad, even to the blades for some... oh god...

You can't stifle a grimace. As he places the full plate down, 2 horrendously massive scars run down the length of his shoulders do almost his back, and tiny, sanded down spines protrude from his, well, spine. He speaks up about it as he prepares to sleep. "If you can't tell, I'm afraid fiend blood runs through me quite a bit. I rejected those attrocious wings however..." Laying down, his body is an ocean of well-healed scars that don't deter from the allure of his body. "Tomorrow, I must look into something in Agristrad, the forgotten Marsh... Would you be willing to assist? I'm understanding if you say no, of course. I'd merely enjoy the company." he says with a slight laugh as he closes his eyes and relaxes on the surprisingly tangible bed.

Hana, Bannon, Bromen:
The dwarf shakes his head. "Brom'n, ye' 'ighly underest'mate me. 'Cld easily churn out five of those fer' such generosity!" he scratches his head as he twiddles his fingers over an open area, conjuring up a rather large ball of Mithril for use in his craft. He also seems to conjure up what looks to be obsidian, judging from the black, glassy texture of it. No one's quite sure why, however. "Surely ye' 'cld use weapons, no? An Ob'sidin rapier! A Mit'ril axe, even a greats'rd! 'Ight as a feather! Clean's a whistle!"

Marco seems to perk up at the prospect of booking, and states; "Well, if you want to study, there's always the library. That's assuming you can enjoy Lars's company, though. Nothing is really going on at the moment, but if your friends want to find something to do, you lot can just ask around. Lots of stories to work with in this place." he says as his Pseudodragon rummages through the papers on his desk and checks his potions.

Roman Sense Motive 15 (Read after Bottom):
Bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Damien seemed a little worried as he left, and that kind of worries you as well. The man seemed like a seasoned adventurer, as far as that was concerned. Something minor in his book might be something a little more to worry about, though he seemed rather content leaving you by your lonesome. His suggestion for people getting to come along with you, however, he didn't mean at all. That strikes you a little uncomfortably.

Roman:
Damien goes through the lengthy process of doing his best to describe how Aether works, even going so far as to tell what little he knows of how crafting works. It would seem that he doesn't know much about it, as he always just bought his things.

After a long-winded and lazily typed explanation, he winces a bit. [b]"Listen, Roman, I'm going to head to Barbaranaka immediately, as something minor's come up. I'm afraid we'll have to converse on this later. I'll be alive when you go through with that plan though!" he says with a laugh. "Atleast, I hope so, hehe. Regardless, you should continue looking around. You might find someone crazy enough to actually go through with it.

He walks off, giving you the thumbs up, though it seems a little sarcastic.

As he walks off, you take a look to your left to look back at the scrying contraption, and nearly jump out of your skin when the guy from earlier, the masked man, has moved out of his chair and is actually about 6 feet away looking in your general direction. As soon as you make eye contact and almost fly away, he opens up with his arms wide and says "Sebastian! Sebastian the Seeker my boy! I believe your name's roman isn't it? Tough luck on the furnace, I could really have used one of those gems..." his whole body hangs a full distance. This man seems a little animated.

He perks right back up as he watches Damien teleport away. He cocks his head to the left, then to the right, his features completely lost behind his white wooden mask. (The same as my profile picture.) his hair is rather colorful, and his eyes can't be seen. It doesn't deter your sense motive, however, if you were to use one on him. "Looks like he's got guard duty tonight! Funny how you can be dead and still have to work. Had a more glorious death than I did though. I died in Hazrit. Carnivorous gem. Never seen a death that Ironic! Haha! It's what I get though. Now I just send people after things."

He practically looks back at your general direction so fast you're almost uncertain how he didn't whiplash himself. After he catches himself, he approaches a little closer, taking more steps than neccesary. The man is almost like a court jester, only too happy. Far too happy. Speaking of which, since you were so compliant, if a little incapable, I've got a favor. Feel like hunting down some more trinkets, boy? There are rewaaaaards~!" he says, opening up his arms to reveal various badges on his chest. Now that you took time to sum him up, the man actually jingles when he walks he's got so many unattended items on his person.

Roman:
Damien goes through the lengthy process of doing his best to describe how Aether works, even going so far as to tell what little he knows of how crafting works. It would seem that he doesn't know much about it, as he always just bought his things.

After a long-winded and lazily typed explanation, he winces a bit. "Listen, Roman, I'm going to head to Barbaranaka immediately, as something minor's come up. I'm afraid we'll have to converse on this later. I'll be alive when you go through with that plan though!" he says with a laugh. "Atleast, I hope so, hehe. Regardless, you should continue looking around. You might find someone crazy enough to actually go through with it.

He walks off, giving you the thumbs up, though it seems a little sarcastic.

As he walks off, you take a look to your left to look back at the scrying contraption, and nearly jump out of your skin when the guy from earlier, the masked man, has moved out of his chair and is actually about 6 feet away looking in your general direction. As soon as you make eye contact and almost fly away, he opens up with his arms wide and says "Sebastian! Sebastian the Seeker my boy! I believe your name's roman isn't it? Tough luck on the furnace, I could really have used one of those gems..." his whole body hangs a full distance. This man seems a little animated.

He perks right back up as he watches Damien teleport away. He cocks his head to the left, then to the right, his features completely lost behind his white wooden mask. (The same as my profile picture.) his hair is rather colorful, and his eyes can't be seen. It doesn't deter your sense motive, however, if you were to use one on him. "Looks like he's got guard duty tonight! Funny how you can be dead and still have to work. Had a more glorious death than I did though. I died in Hazrit. Carnivorous gem. Never seen a death that Ironic! Haha! It's what I get though. Now I just send people after things."

He practically looks back at your general direction so fast you're almost uncertain how he didn't whiplash himself. After he catches himself, he approaches a little closer, taking more steps than neccesary. The man is almost like a court jester, only too happy. Far too happy. Speaking of which, since you were so compliant, if a little incapable, I've got a favor. Feel like hunting down some more trinkets, boy? There are rewaaaaards~!" he says, opening up his arms to reveal various badges on his chest. Now that you took time to sum him up, the man actually jingles when he walks he's got so many unattended items on his person.

Had to make 2 spoilers because one broke. Roman roll a sense motive for Damien. Set it up, preview it, if it comes out good then read the spoiler there. Then reply. Sorry for the multiple spoilers.


M Dwarf Fighter 6 / inquisitor 3 | HP 88/88 | AC:23, T:15, F:19 | CMD:25, CMB:+11 | Save (F+11, R+7, W+6) | Init:+6 | Perc: +13 , DV 60'

Those visions start dancing in his head again as Bromen points toward the golden longhammer from the smithy. "I fell in love with that beauty first I laid eyes on 'er. I'll always favor m'dorn but this hammer is too nice a weapon to let go. But I wonder......back when I was learning the Pillars, my weaponmaster used to tell tales of armor that could defeat a mage's attacks. He'd call it Chthonic Steel. Might not even be real, but....maybe a new breastplate o' that stuff?"

The dwarf still envisions himself saving the world decked head to toe in shimmering mithral but knows the road from here to there is long anf he expects to utilize many tools along the way.

"And I'm sure Tera would be happy to upgrade her arsenal, she'll be by soon enough."


Male Human Wizard 3, +5 Initiative, +6 Perception, AC 11 / Touch AC 11 / Flat Footed AC10, Saves F+2/ R +w / W +6 HP:19/19

Bannon's Private Time:

Bannon wishes to copy the following spells to his spellbook.

Level I's: DC 16 ( spell level + 15 )

[dice= "Alarm" Spellcraft check]1d20+12[/dice]

[dice= "Crafter's Fortune" Spellcraft check]1d20+10[/dice]

[dice= "Identify" Spellcraft check]1d20+10[/dice] Miss!

Level II's DC 17 ( spell level + 15 )
[dice="Arcane Lock" Spellcraft check]1d20+12[/dice]

Total cost to write into book.
Level I : 2 spells ~ 20 GP = 10 Aether
Level 2 : 1 spell ~ 40 GP = 20 Aether

total aether spent = 30 Aether

Total Time spent transcribing ~ 4 hours.

Not sure the current time in the Nexus or what folks want to do stuff. But here's a list of what I've done so far in game time.

451 to 500 of 558 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / "A Dirge for the Future" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.