DM-Camris' CARRION CROWN Chapter 2: Trial of the Beast (Inactive)

Game Master Camris

The Beast of Lepidstadt has been captured! Upon traveling to Lepidstadt, the adventurers must discover whether the legendary monster is truly a killer or merely the instrument of some greater evil—and either way, whether it’s too dangerous to be allowed to survive.
HERGSTAG OVERVIEW


101 to 150 of 463 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Elf Slayer 1 / Wizard (Void Elementalist Shadowcaster) 3 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | HP 25/32 | F +4 R +6 W +2 | Init +3 | Perc +6

Perception: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 2 = 19 Skiia whirls to the sound of the scream, but is unable to place it. She falls in with the others, drawing her bow but keeping one hand free to cast a spell, depending on what the situation turns out to require.


Female Human Oracle of Pharasma 7; 42/52 HP; AC:13 [19] Touch 13 FF 10 [16]; F +6 R +4 W +8 (+12 fear); Init +2; Perception +7 (+11 undead/ can percieve ethereal undead)

As the bullseye lanterns are offered Rhia accepts one, whispering a few words to her lefts, her eyes shimmering with an eerie glow before falling in with the others, her hands free, the lantern held aloft as if by someone half a foot taller just behind her.
Cast Unseen servant, duration 4 hours

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 16 if undead

At the sound of the scream and Ereviss' warning, the oracle of the dark lady calls upon her gift, a swirling ethereal flicker surrounding her body, the ghostly image of a sword, shield or armor occasionally manifesting around her only to fade into invisibility again.

Activating Spirit Shield, +4 AC 1st hour


Male Half-Orc Paladin (Undead Scourge)/4;HP 43/43; AC 19 T 11 FF 17; Fort +9; Ref +5 Will +8; CMB +6; CMD 18; Per +1; Init +1; Spd 20ft.

Agrimar utters a few words to Iomedae under his breath and draws his falchion before stepping towards the clearing.

Casts Bless Weapon


Agrimar wrote:
"Aleece?"

There is no answer.

Agrimar:
You sense no Evil present. You still break out in a cold sweat.

As you take a step towards the reeds, you hear another girls scream; this time to the NorthEast!

TACTICAL SITUATION


Kendra whirled, shining her lantern NorthEast.
"What? How could she have moved?" She wondered aloud, fear creeping into her tone.


The footman whirled around NorthEast, and he swore aloud and with sincerity.


Female Human Oracle of Pharasma 7; 42/52 HP; AC:13 [19] Touch 13 FF 10 [16]; F +6 R +4 W +8 (+12 fear); Init +2; Perception +7 (+11 undead/ can percieve ethereal undead)

Rhia wracks her brain for any phenomena she's previously experienced that was in any way similar but to no avail.

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11


Male Varisian Inquisitor 7 (AC 23/15Tch/19FF, 22 CMD/18FF, HP 44/55, Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +9, Init +7, Per +13)
Skills:
Climb +5, Heal +10, Intimidate +9, K(Arcana) +7*, K(Dungeon) +6*, K(Nature) +7*, K(Planes) +5*, K(Religion) + 11*, Perception +13, Ride +7, Sense Motive +16, Spellcraft +9, Stealth + 13, Survival +10*, Swim +5

Christoph turns, facing now to the northeast, eyes straining against the darkness at the edge of the light cast by the lanterns and his spell. He takes long, steady breaths in attempt to control the upwelling of fear at the cry. As they continue to make their approach, his mind runs over what monster would shriek and move so fast through underbrush.

Knowledge(???): 1d20 ⇒ 9 Nature +5, Religion +7, Arcana +5 and +2 if I can identify a monster from the shriek alone.


Male Elf Bard (Detective)/4;HP 34/34; AC 17 T 12 FF 15; Fort +2; Ref +7 Will +4; CMB +3; CMD 16; Per +11; Init +3; Spd 30ft.

"More than one probably, stick together. Agrimar, any evil????"


Male Half-Orc Paladin (Undead Scourge)/4;HP 43/43; AC 19 T 11 FF 17; Fort +9; Ref +5 Will +8; CMB +6; CMD 18; Per +1; Init +1; Spd 20ft.

"I sense no evil..."


Male Varisian Inquisitor 7 (AC 23/15Tch/19FF, 22 CMD/18FF, HP 44/55, Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +9, Init +7, Per +13)
Skills:
Climb +5, Heal +10, Intimidate +9, K(Arcana) +7*, K(Dungeon) +6*, K(Nature) +7*, K(Planes) +5*, K(Religion) + 11*, Perception +13, Ride +7, Sense Motive +16, Spellcraft +9, Stealth + 13, Survival +10*, Swim +5

Christoph looks at the paladin a moment, then begins his own chanting. His eyes glow of a soft bluish white and he scans the nearby area for auras.

Detect Chaos which won't work on any of us (too low level). Might be the reason for no detect evil at that.


Christoph:
You sense no Chaos.


You hear a grunt, and the Footman's lantern crashed to the ground and went out.
You spin to look towards the Footman, the lanterns blinding you for a moment, but all you see is the fallen lantern. There is no sign of the footman.

TACTICAL SITUATION

What do you do?


Male Varisian Inquisitor 7 (AC 23/15Tch/19FF, 22 CMD/18FF, HP 44/55, Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +9, Init +7, Per +13)
Skills:
Climb +5, Heal +10, Intimidate +9, K(Arcana) +7*, K(Dungeon) +6*, K(Nature) +7*, K(Planes) +5*, K(Religion) + 11*, Perception +13, Ride +7, Sense Motive +16, Spellcraft +9, Stealth + 13, Survival +10*, Swim +5

Christoph spins to look at where the fallen footman lies, his ability to see in the dark severely limited as the fallen lanterns flares. As he blinks away motes of light, he sees there is no body. "We should regroup over where he fell, perhaps it will yield some clues as to his fate and our foe. Or foes. I can perhaps learn something from the ground while the rest of you keep watch all around."

Assuming the others comply, Christoph crouches over the ground where the footman was standing and tries to find some sign indicating what their foe might be.

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 Signs of passage of some creature that isn't the footman? +2 bonus if my tracking bonus applies.


Female Human Oracle of Pharasma 7; 42/52 HP; AC:13 [19] Touch 13 FF 10 [16]; F +6 R +4 W +8 (+12 fear); Init +2; Perception +7 (+11 undead/ can percieve ethereal undead)

Rhia whispers a mystic chant, a wan glow seeming to emanate from deep within her eyes as she peers into the supernatural spectrum. Detect Undead


Male Elf Bard (Detective)/4;HP 34/34; AC 17 T 12 FF 15; Fort +2; Ref +7 Will +4; CMB +3; CMD 16; Per +11; Init +3; Spd 30ft.

perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 301d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
Ereviss calmly looks around for the real creature. His elvish senses on high alert.


Christoph:

You just barely catch an imprint of a weird clawed foot near where the footman had been. It seemed insectoid to you; and bigger than any normal insect would be.
Looking around again, you are mystified. No tracks in, no tracks out. One thing is certain, he was not dragged anywhere.

Rhia:
You sense no Undead.

Ereviss:

There is no sign of dragging, and no tracks in or out of the site.
You do spot the footprint indentations of a clawed creature of some kind there though. Eight of them.


Male Varisian Inquisitor 7 (AC 23/15Tch/19FF, 22 CMD/18FF, HP 44/55, Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +9, Init +7, Per +13)
Skills:
Climb +5, Heal +10, Intimidate +9, K(Arcana) +7*, K(Dungeon) +6*, K(Nature) +7*, K(Planes) +5*, K(Religion) + 11*, Perception +13, Ride +7, Sense Motive +16, Spellcraft +9, Stealth + 13, Survival +10*, Swim +5

"There is something odd here. It's almost like a large bug or such was here. The man, he was not dragged away but if he's gone..." With a sense of foreboding, Christoph looks up, eyes straining to pierce the thick vegetation above. He holds up his longbow at the ready, where it will also provide illumination upward.

Loving the atmosphere of horror you've got going, DM-Camris! What vegetation is above us? Trees?


There is no vegetation above you, only the dark of night now. Around your little clearing are a forest of 6-8 foot tall reeds in a bog.


Female Elf Slayer 1 / Wizard (Void Elementalist Shadowcaster) 3 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | HP 25/32 | F +4 R +6 W +2 | Init +3 | Perc +6

Fear rising rapidly in her breast, Skiia tries to concentrate on helping everyone else keep safe. "Any ideas about where we should try next? We should stay together!"

A rapid incantation follows her words, and her eyes flash as if with silver moonlight as she checks the area for magic, knowing it will take a few moments to sort out the enchantments borne by her fellow travellers. Casting detect magic, and looking for any unexpected auras, if she has time before the group moves on.


Male Elf Bard (Detective)/4;HP 34/34; AC 17 T 12 FF 15; Fort +2; Ref +7 Will +4; CMB +3; CMD 16; Per +11; Init +3; Spd 30ft.

"Let's stick toget her and keep moving."


Skiia:
Your aren't sure, but you believe that the Etherial has been disrupted in this area somehow. Whatever it is, it's not a spell.


Turning around sharply with her lamp; Kendra gave a sharp gasp and threw herself backwards, crashing into Ereviss and sending them both sprawling. The lamp flew twenty yards over your heads, blinding you for a moment, before dropping into the reed filled bog and winking out with a hiss.

Perception DC20:
You noticed a bulky, misshapen figure that was right next to Kendra; but looking back, its gone now.


Female Human Oracle of Pharasma 7; 42/52 HP; AC:13 [19] Touch 13 FF 10 [16]; F +6 R +4 W +8 (+12 fear); Init +2; Perception +7 (+11 undead/ can percieve ethereal undead)

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Rhia spins in Kenda's direction, eyes searching in vain for signs


Female Elf Slayer 1 / Wizard (Void Elementalist Shadowcaster) 3 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | HP 25/32 | F +4 R +6 W +2 | Init +3 | Perc +6

Her enhanced gaze sifting through the magic that clings to everyone from her surroundings, Skiia thinks she spots something unusual. "The veils are thin, here," she announces. "I'm not sure how, but something is distorting the Ethereal Plane in this place."

Perception: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 2 = 22 Whirling around at Kendra's gasp, Skiia is just in time to see a vague shape disappear from beside the human woman. "Goddesses, that was ... big." she says, lamely, hoping she's pitched her voice low enough not to alarm anyone.


Male Elf Bard (Detective)/4;HP 34/34; AC 17 T 12 FF 15; Fort +2; Ref +7 Will +4; CMB +3; CMD 16; Per +11; Init +3; Spd 30ft.

perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32

Ereviss looks to find a target to hit with an arrow. An unfriendly target.


Male Varisian Inquisitor 7 (AC 23/15Tch/19FF, 22 CMD/18FF, HP 44/55, Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +9, Init +7, Per +13)
Skills:
Climb +5, Heal +10, Intimidate +9, K(Arcana) +7*, K(Dungeon) +6*, K(Nature) +7*, K(Planes) +5*, K(Religion) + 11*, Perception +13, Ride +7, Sense Motive +16, Spellcraft +9, Stealth + 13, Survival +10*, Swim +5

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Christoph spins in place at the sound of Kendra's alarm, drawing his bow to its full arc as his eyes dart back and forth, searching for the source of her alarm. He takes a few long, hard breaths as he fights back his fear, finally asking, "What did you see? The ethereal? If it a ghost, or some other form of the undead, I can allow our weapons to harm it. The duration is short, so we must draw it out first. Any ideas? It seems like it attacks from the darkness, perhaps that is the key. I could hide from a simpler abomination, but I don't trust my ability against a ghost." His mind races, but settles on a thought, "No... the claw marks... I doubt a ghost would leave such marks. Can you describe it, with details please?"


You realize that Kendra isn't getting back up.
You see blood on her blouse and realize she's been injured.
"...that face... that hideous face..." she whispered before falling unconscious.

Heal DC12:
She's been hit by two penetrating wounds.

Heal DC18:
She's been fanged! And poisoned as well.

Heal DC22:
The poison is some kind of paralytic (DX drain) common to arachnids.


Female Human Oracle of Pharasma 7; 42/52 HP; AC:13 [19] Touch 13 FF 10 [16]; F +6 R +4 W +8 (+12 fear); Init +2; Perception +7 (+11 undead/ can percieve ethereal undead)

Dropping to her knees beside Kendra, Rhia checks her friend, discovering the wounds on her and studying them."She's been bitten. Something with fangs, something poisonous!"

Heal: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 Just short


Male Elf Bard (Detective)/4;HP 34/34; AC 17 T 12 FF 15; Fort +2; Ref +7 Will +4; CMB +3; CMD 16; Per +11; Init +3; Spd 30ft.

"Not a werebite I hope. We may be in trouble."

Ereviss runs to Kendra. "Can you heal her?"


Male Varisian Inquisitor 7 (AC 23/15Tch/19FF, 22 CMD/18FF, HP 44/55, Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +9, Init +7, Per +13)
Skills:
Climb +5, Heal +10, Intimidate +9, K(Arcana) +7*, K(Dungeon) +6*, K(Nature) +7*, K(Planes) +5*, K(Religion) + 11*, Perception +13, Ride +7, Sense Motive +16, Spellcraft +9, Stealth + 13, Survival +10*, Swim +5

Christoph lowers his gaze from the search for the mysterious creature that is stalking them, lips pressed tight as Rhia explains what she has learned. "I don't think I can do anything for the poison, but I can heal her wounds. For the poison, the best I might be able to do is help her fight it."

Christoph kneels in the muck, chanting a brief prayer with hand clasped to his holy symbol. "May your will be done, Mistress of Fate." With the final invocation, his hand glows white and he touches Kendra's shoulder. He looks to Rhia, "Can you do anything for the poison? We need to keep our guard up against this creature and I've a sharp set of eyes. We can't stay her for longer though, with her wounded so. We need to either find this beast quickly, or return to the caravan and then find our way back here."

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Female Human Oracle of Pharasma 7; 42/52 HP; AC:13 [19] Touch 13 FF 10 [16]; F +6 R +4 W +8 (+12 fear); Init +2; Perception +7 (+11 undead/ can percieve ethereal undead)

"Unfortunately no, I can heal wounds as well but not poison." Rhia responds holding Kendra.


Female Elf Slayer 1 / Wizard (Void Elementalist Shadowcaster) 3 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | HP 25/32 | F +4 R +6 W +2 | Init +3 | Perc +6

Moving between the planes, something with poisonous fangs... Skiia casts her mind about trying to think of what their attacker might be. Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30 I have a hunch myself, but it's kind of meta.

Addressing Christoph's question of what the monster might be, Skiia shakes her head. "I don't think it's a ghost or anything like that. But I didn't get a good look, just a glimpse as it vanished - it was large, and the wrong shape to be like us, an elf or a human. If we could get a clear shot at it, I think it's material."


Knowledge:Arcana DC25 or INT Check DC20:

Putting the clues together (eight insectoid clawed imprints, Ethereal disruption, no trail, hit and run attacks, paralytic venom), you think this creature must be a Phase Spider.
If you ready attacks for when it unphases, you might be able to drive it off or kill it.


Female Human Oracle of Pharasma 7; 42/52 HP; AC:13 [19] Touch 13 FF 10 [16]; F +6 R +4 W +8 (+12 fear); Init +2; Perception +7 (+11 undead/ can percieve ethereal undead)

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Female Elf Slayer 1 / Wizard (Void Elementalist Shadowcaster) 3 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | HP 25/32 | F +4 R +6 W +2 | Init +3 | Perc +6

Phew! Skiia got a lucky break, then. I wonder what other random facts are rattling around inside her head. :)

Even as she speaks, Skiia moves the pieces around and thinks she finds a fit. Looking around, she says gravely, "I think it must be a phase spider. They use hit-and-run tactics between the planes they can naturally access. It will be back - if we all stand where we can see everyone else, we should be able to catch it when it makes its move."

Of all the days not to have prepared magic missile! Skiia will cast gravity bow, though, and ready an action to attack the spider when it phases in again.


Female Human Oracle of Pharasma 7; 42/52 HP; AC:13 [19] Touch 13 FF 10 [16]; F +6 R +4 W +8 (+12 fear); Init +2; Perception +7 (+11 undead/ can percieve ethereal undead)

Rhia stands over Kendra, her mind reaching out to call upon the ghostly warriors with whom she communes. Readied action to cast Spiritual Weapon (Taking for of a longspear)


Male Half-Orc Paladin (Undead Scourge)/4;HP 43/43; AC 19 T 11 FF 17; Fort +9; Ref +5 Will +8; CMB +6; CMD 18; Per +1; Init +1; Spd 20ft.

"Position yourselves back to back, and ready your weapons for when it returns!" Agrimar barks, his falchion poised to strike.


Male Varisian Inquisitor 7 (AC 23/15Tch/19FF, 22 CMD/18FF, HP 44/55, Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +9, Init +7, Per +13)
Skills:
Climb +5, Heal +10, Intimidate +9, K(Arcana) +7*, K(Dungeon) +6*, K(Nature) +7*, K(Planes) +5*, K(Religion) + 11*, Perception +13, Ride +7, Sense Motive +16, Spellcraft +9, Stealth + 13, Survival +10*, Swim +5

Christoph nods nocking an arrow and keeping a vigilant eye on their surroundings. "That seems to make sense to me, but I haven't heard of the things before today. I suppose If focus on the undead overmuch."

Knowledge(Arcana): 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 = 18

Ready an attack against the spider.


Male Elf Bard (Detective)/4;HP 34/34; AC 17 T 12 FF 15; Fort +2; Ref +7 Will +4; CMB +3; CMD 16; Per +11; Init +3; Spd 30ft.

Kn arcane: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
I have rolled 30+ perception rolls, so I think I have yet to see an enemy.
Ereviss knocks an arrow and waits.


Int check DC16:
You realize it first hit the footman, then Kendra. They were both holding lamps. You glance at Rhia holding the last lamp.
Gain +4 to your readied attack if the monster attacks Rhia.


Female Elf Slayer 1 / Wizard (Void Elementalist Shadowcaster) 3 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | HP 25/32 | F +4 R +6 W +2 | Init +3 | Perc +6

Int check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 Phooey. Highs and lows, this one. :/


Male Varisian Inquisitor 7 (AC 23/15Tch/19FF, 22 CMD/18FF, HP 44/55, Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +9, Init +7, Per +13)
Skills:
Climb +5, Heal +10, Intimidate +9, K(Arcana) +7*, K(Dungeon) +6*, K(Nature) +7*, K(Planes) +5*, K(Religion) + 11*, Perception +13, Ride +7, Sense Motive +16, Spellcraft +9, Stealth + 13, Survival +10*, Swim +5

Int check: 1d20 ⇒ 5 Not today (or most days).


Female Human Oracle of Pharasma 7; 42/52 HP; AC:13 [19] Touch 13 FF 10 [16]; F +6 R +4 W +8 (+12 fear); Init +2; Perception +7 (+11 undead/ can percieve ethereal undead)

"Keep your eyes on me, I'm the next target." Rhia whispers, gripping her spear in both hands as the lantern hovers right next to her.

Int check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Abruptly nervous that she might be the next target Rhia turned around, flashing her light into the northern side. Nothing.
She turned the other way, and its hideous bulk was right in front of her!
It lunged forward at Rhia...
Bite attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 2 = 22 for 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (5, 2) + 7 = 14 damage and Poison (Fort save DC18 or 1d6 Dex damage).

I understand there are some Readied actions?

TACTICAL SITUATION AT THIS POINT


Female Human Oracle of Pharasma 7; 42/52 HP; AC:13 [19] Touch 13 FF 10 [16]; F +6 R +4 W +8 (+12 fear); Init +2; Perception +7 (+11 undead/ can percieve ethereal undead)

Even expecting the attack, the creature's speed belies it's size, the painful bite sinking into her shoulder painfully, sending her strike askew.

Readied action: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Fort save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Male Elf Bard (Detective)/4;HP 34/34; AC 17 T 12 FF 15; Fort +2; Ref +7 Will +4; CMB +3; CMD 16; Per +11; Init +3; Spd 30ft.

Ereviss let a magic arrow fly.
readied hit/damage: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 251d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Ereviss had some magic ready for the creature. A sprinkle of glittering gust soon covered the creature.
Next action__Glitterdust -- Will DC 15 or blind -- -40 to stealth


Female Elf Slayer 1 / Wizard (Void Elementalist Shadowcaster) 3 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | HP 25/32 | F +4 R +6 W +2 | Init +3 | Perc +6

Hearing Rhia's warning, as the spider unfolds itself back into the material plane, Skiia launches her arrow at the creature, taking grim satisfaction in the heft of her arrow's magically-enhanced weight. Readied attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 -4, if the spider counts as phasing directly into melee. Damage?: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 4) + 1 = 7

Even as her fingers uncurl from the bowstring, her eyes skip from the arrow's flight to the creature she's aimed at, searching it quickly for weaknesses, trying to guess how it might move... Move action: activate studied target.


Male Varisian Inquisitor 7 (AC 23/15Tch/19FF, 22 CMD/18FF, HP 44/55, Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +9, Init +7, Per +13)
Skills:
Climb +5, Heal +10, Intimidate +9, K(Arcana) +7*, K(Dungeon) +6*, K(Nature) +7*, K(Planes) +5*, K(Religion) + 11*, Perception +13, Ride +7, Sense Motive +16, Spellcraft +9, Stealth + 13, Survival +10*, Swim +5

Shouting in alarm, Christoph spins in place to fire his arrow reflexively at the suddenly corporeal spider bearing down on Rhia. His alarm and the speed with which the large creature had appeared throws of the inquisitor's aim.

Longbow attack with point blank: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 1 = 15 +4 if I'm supposed to benefit from Rhia's warning.
Longbow damage with point blank: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5


ROUND 1______________

Rhia Van der Geist_____
Even expecting the attack, the creature's speed belies it's size, the painful bite sinking into her shoulder painfully, sending her strike askew.
She missed, but her physical fortitude just started to throw off the poison’s effect. She took 1d6 ⇒ 4 dex damage. (It takes two saves to stop this poison).

Ereviss Ladyhunter_____
Ereviss’ readied attack streaked out and penetrated the creatures hide!

Skiia Anamabon _____
Hearing Rhia's warning, as the spider unfolds itself back into the material plane, Skiia launches her arrow at the creature, taking grim satisfaction in the heft of her arrow's magically-enhanced weight.
Skiia’s shot also penetrated the creatures hide.
Even as her fingers uncurl from the bowstring, her eyes skip from the arrow's flight to the creature she's aimed at, searching it quickly for weaknesses, trying to guess how it might move...

Christoph Metzger_____
Shouting in alarm, Christoph spins in place to fire his arrow reflexively at the suddenly corporeal spider bearing down on Rhia. His alarm and the speed with which the large creature had appeared throws of the inquisitor's aim.
His arrow also sank into the creature’s hide.

(npc) Agrimar_________
Agrimar is just able to get closer to Rhia in time for the spider to phase in. He strikes at it!
Masterwork Falchion attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 Fumble threat! Not confirmed. He missed badly enough to almost fling his blade into the marsh.

Unfortunately, those of you who had full round or move actions can only gnash their teeth in frustration as it phased out again as its Move act.

DM:

Phase Spider: 32

101 to 150 of 463 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM-Camris' CARRION CROWN Chapter 2: Trial of the Beast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.