DM-Camris' CARRION CROWN Chapter 2: Trial of the Beast (Inactive)

Game Master Camris

The Beast of Lepidstadt has been captured! Upon traveling to Lepidstadt, the adventurers must discover whether the legendary monster is truly a killer or merely the instrument of some greater evil—and either way, whether it’s too dangerous to be allowed to survive.
HERGSTAG OVERVIEW


201 to 250 of 463 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Elf Bard (Detective)/4;HP 34/34; AC 17 T 12 FF 15; Fort +2; Ref +7 Will +4; CMB +3; CMD 16; Per +11; Init +3; Spd 30ft.

Ereviss points to the university and helps Kendra down from the carriage.


Crossing the field to the University, you fend off the attentions of a crowd of drunken louts who were otherwise engaged in throwing a small keg of ale about and crashing into each other.

Arriving on the campus itself, you are impressed with the ivy covered walls of the buildings, the nicely landscaped gardens and well maintained pathways that wend through the complex. Students and robed professors strolled about the grounds, or stood in group discussion. The sound of steel on steel from behind a hedge sounded the staccato pattern of a duel in progress.

Looking at the instructions in Professor Lorrimor's will, you are seeking a 'Doctor Montagnie Crowl, of Lepidstadt University'.

When you ask around...

A DC 10 Diplomacy check:

A Diplomacy check made to gather information about Dr. Crowl reveals that the eccentric professor is well known in town, particularly in light of the recent theft from his department (the Department of Antiquites) that famously led to the capture of the dreaded Beast of Lepidstadt, who now sits on trial.


Female Human Oracle of Pharasma 7; 42/52 HP; AC:13 [19] Touch 13 FF 10 [16]; F +6 R +4 W +8 (+12 fear); Init +2; Perception +7 (+11 undead/ can percieve ethereal undead)

Smiling disarmingly, Rhia approaches one of the male students and inquires about Dr. Cowl.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Male Varisian Inquisitor 7 (AC 23/15Tch/19FF, 22 CMD/18FF, HP 44/55, Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +9, Init +7, Per +13)
Skills:
Climb +5, Heal +10, Intimidate +9, K(Arcana) +7*, K(Dungeon) +6*, K(Nature) +7*, K(Planes) +5*, K(Religion) + 11*, Perception +13, Ride +7, Sense Motive +16, Spellcraft +9, Stealth + 13, Survival +10*, Swim +5

Sorry for the extended absence. I had some issues at work that have kept me busy. I will be posting regularly from here out.

Christoph eyes the drunken crowd, wary of their approach while he helps to carry the chest. As they arrive on campus, Christoph thinks aloud, "I've never made it down here. The professor and I always corresponded by letter or else met back in Ravengro. It's as nice as I'd heard, but I don't know my way around. Any of you know where to find this Crowl fellow?"


Female Human Oracle of Pharasma 7; 42/52 HP; AC:13 [19] Touch 13 FF 10 [16]; F +6 R +4 W +8 (+12 fear); Init +2; Perception +7 (+11 undead/ can percieve ethereal undead)

"Apparently, he's rather well known in town, particularly in light of the recent theft from his department (the Department of Antiquities) that led to the capture of the 'Beast of Lepidstadt'" Rhia responds coming back to the group.


Male Elf Bard (Detective)/4;HP 34/34; AC 17 T 12 FF 15; Fort +2; Ref +7 Will +4; CMB +3; CMD 16; Per +11; Init +3; Spd 30ft.

In agreement, Ereviss heads off to the university.


You are directed to a building that has stands out; the sight of several builders and craftsman working to repair the damage to an exterior wall of the Antiquities Department.
Inside, you spot the distinctive figure of Dr. Montagnie Crowl.
An eccentric but likable man, he is prone to waving his arms about enthusiastically. He is surrounded by workers and students in the middle of department’s combination library and workshop. The workshop is slowly being cleaned up, but it is still a mess.


Female Elf Slayer 1 / Wizard (Void Elementalist Shadowcaster) 3 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | HP 25/32 | F +4 R +6 W +2 | Init +3 | Perc +6

Skiia relaxes further into the atmosphere of the university as the group wanders through the campus. It's completely different from back home, of course, and it's been a few decades, but there's something comfortingly familiar about the hurry of students and all the work going on, the sense that anything might be happening around the next corner. The sight of the Antiquities Department brings the point home, and Skiia reflexively assesses the work with a professional eye. Judging by the mess, it must have been a particularly brazen attempt at theft, and a doubt skitters over her mind as to how safe their cargo may be here. Still, those were Professor Lorrimor's last wishes, and she hesitates only to give Kendra a chance to greet Dr. Crowl first, unsure if the young woman has already met her father's friend.

Otherwise, Skiia will brave the contractors and catch Crowl's eye to make introductions, hoping to find someplace quieter to talk.


Male Elf Bard (Detective)/4;HP 34/34; AC 17 T 12 FF 15; Fort +2; Ref +7 Will +4; CMB +3; CMD 16; Per +11; Init +3; Spd 30ft.

Ereviss escorts Kendra to greet Dr. Crowl. He hovers protectively near her, but has learned to allow her to act on her own behalf.

Ereviss glances with curiosity at the workshop and the items about.

We can take more initiative, but I agree Kendra is the natural one to start the conversation.


Kendra found a gap in the crowd around the doctor and shyly introduced herself.


He expresses astonishment at how tall she has grown and quickly hustled you all into his office, piled high with documents and boxes.
"Kendra, I cannot tell you how sorry I was to hear of the passing of your father. I would have come to pay my respects, but you see, we have had a bit of a mess here." He said sincerely, waving his hand about at the wreckage.


Female Human Oracle of Pharasma 7; 42/52 HP; AC:13 [19] Touch 13 FF 10 [16]; F +6 R +4 W +8 (+12 fear); Init +2; Perception +7 (+11 undead/ can percieve ethereal undead)

As they enter the office, Rhia takes it all in, trying to paint a picture of the situation in her head.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


He looks at the rest of you.
"So who are your friends Kendra? Introductions please!"


Male Elf Bard (Detective)/4;HP 34/34; AC 17 T 12 FF 15; Fort +2; Ref +7 Will +4; CMB +3; CMD 16; Per +11; Init +3; Spd 30ft.

Ereviss bows, handing the professor a monagrammed letter of introduction that Ereviss wrote himself.

"We are colleagues of the professor."


Female Human Oracle of Pharasma 7; 42/52 HP; AC:13 [19] Touch 13 FF 10 [16]; F +6 R +4 W +8 (+12 fear); Init +2; Perception +7 (+11 undead/ can percieve ethereal undead)

"My name is Rhia, Rhia Van der Geist. A pleasure to meet you" the Oracle says with a slight curtsy.


Male Half-Orc Paladin (Undead Scourge)/4;HP 43/43; AC 19 T 11 FF 17; Fort +9; Ref +5 Will +8; CMB +6; CMD 18; Per +1; Init +1; Spd 20ft.

"I am Agrimar Vaskel." he states plainly, nodding to the professor.


Male Varisian Inquisitor 7 (AC 23/15Tch/19FF, 22 CMD/18FF, HP 44/55, Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +9, Init +7, Per +13)
Skills:
Climb +5, Heal +10, Intimidate +9, K(Arcana) +7*, K(Dungeon) +6*, K(Nature) +7*, K(Planes) +5*, K(Religion) + 11*, Perception +13, Ride +7, Sense Motive +16, Spellcraft +9, Stealth + 13, Survival +10*, Swim +5

Christoph nods curtly to the man as he eyes the disheveled workshop with curiosity, "Christoph Metzgar, Speaker of the Spire. It's good to meet you, professor."


Female Elf Slayer 1 / Wizard (Void Elementalist Shadowcaster) 3 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | HP 25/32 | F +4 R +6 W +2 | Init +3 | Perc +6

"Skiia Anamabon," she says briefly, her terseness and gently curtsey concealing her diffidence as she realizes she's still armoured for travel. Given the nature of their task, what Kendra and Ereviss have explained about the likelihood of larger forces at work, and, now, a glimpse of how boisterous the university in Lepidstadt apparently can be, Skiia resigns herself to the likelihood that a more conspicuous presence may be prudent. "Apprentice wizard," she continues, adding further, unable to keep a small, wry smile from reaching the corners of her mouth, "... and architect."

Her slight smile vanishes as sadder thoughts recur, "I only wish the circumstances of our introduction had been happier."


The professor gives you all a sharp bow.
"And I am Dr. Montagnie Crowl." He said formally.
He turned to Kendra.
"As wonderful to see you as it might be, I have to wonder why you, and a number of your fathers closest associates, have traveled halfway across Avistan to see me. Is something wrong?" He asked, clearly concerned.


Male Varisian Inquisitor 7 (AC 23/15Tch/19FF, 22 CMD/18FF, HP 44/55, Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +9, Init +7, Per +13)
Skills:
Climb +5, Heal +10, Intimidate +9, K(Arcana) +7*, K(Dungeon) +6*, K(Nature) +7*, K(Planes) +5*, K(Religion) + 11*, Perception +13, Ride +7, Sense Motive +16, Spellcraft +9, Stealth + 13, Survival +10*, Swim +5

Christoph glances at the students working to right the chaos of the room, then asks, "Is there a place we might speak with more privacy? This is a matter of some delicacy. In short, the professor asked that we deliver certain items to you, but I don't care to elaborate in the open."


"Oh, well..." Doctor Crowl started before a couple workmen passed between you all, calling out "Coming Through!"
Leaning back over his desk, the Professor sighed in resignation.
"I suppose I understand. Come with me." He said.
He led you outside, weaving through crowds of workers and students and across the campus to a smallish mansion just bordering the University grounds. Stepping up to the porch, he let himself into a house crowded with ancient relics and papers, bound in books or wrapped up in stacks of scrolls.

"Magda! Tea for, uh, seven! Maybe!" He called out and moved some stacks around until you could all sit around in the living room.
"Terribly sorry. Half of these are from the lab."

Sighing with relief, he collapsed in a reading chair and brought out a pipe.
"Ah, thats better." He said, then lit his pipe with a flare of a burning finger.
"Now then. What brought you here?" He asked.


Male Varisian Inquisitor 7 (AC 23/15Tch/19FF, 22 CMD/18FF, HP 44/55, Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +9, Init +7, Per +13)
Skills:
Climb +5, Heal +10, Intimidate +9, K(Arcana) +7*, K(Dungeon) +6*, K(Nature) +7*, K(Planes) +5*, K(Religion) + 11*, Perception +13, Ride +7, Sense Motive +16, Spellcraft +9, Stealth + 13, Survival +10*, Swim +5

Hefting his half of the chest, Christoph follows the professor as he leads the weaving way through the crowds to reach his home. As they arrive at their destination, Christoph gently sets down the chest, then glances once at Kendra for approval. He reluctantly begins to speak, "Thank you for understanding the sensitivity of what we bring to you. The professor, upon his death, left certain black tomes that he used in his long fight against the horrors plaguing the countryside. He asked that we deliver these to you. There is also foul play involved by a group known as the Whispering Way. Given that they are about, the safety of these works is paramount. I would be remiss in my duty as a Voice if I didn't see that all proper precautions were taken. I assume you and the professor had spoken of this bequeathment before?"


Male Elf Bard (Detective)/4;HP 34/34; AC 17 T 12 FF 15; Fort +2; Ref +7 Will +4; CMB +3; CMD 16; Per +11; Init +3; Spd 30ft.

Ereviss adds: "He was matyred for this!"


Professor Crowl carefully knelt down and slowly opened the chest.
He carefully picked up the tomes and checked through them.
"Yes, yes. I remember these now. I think we will all be a sight safer now with these back under chain, lock and key in the restricted stacks." He said, snapping the books closed again.
He turned back to you.
"No, he had not mentioned this bequeathment, though strictly speaking he was simply returning University books. I thank you for this last service to Professor Lorrimor. I think we are going to all miss his presence here at the University." He said sadly.

He frowned suddenly.
"Wait. You said something about... Foul Play?" He asked, his eyes sharpening.


Male Half-Orc Paladin (Undead Scourge)/4;HP 43/43; AC 19 T 11 FF 17; Fort +9; Ref +5 Will +8; CMB +6; CMD 18; Per +1; Init +1; Spd 20ft.

"A foul consortium of necromancers called the Whispering Way killed the professor so that he could not reveal whatever dark purpose they had at Harrowstone Prison." Agrimar growls.


Male Varisian Inquisitor 7 (AC 23/15Tch/19FF, 22 CMD/18FF, HP 44/55, Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +9, Init +7, Per +13)
Skills:
Climb +5, Heal +10, Intimidate +9, K(Arcana) +7*, K(Dungeon) +6*, K(Nature) +7*, K(Planes) +5*, K(Religion) + 11*, Perception +13, Ride +7, Sense Motive +16, Spellcraft +9, Stealth + 13, Survival +10*, Swim +5

Christoph nods, "Master Vaskek and his companions will be better able to elaborate on the situation then I could. I was, sadly, busy with certain necrophages that were terrorizing the land near the Furrows. I arrived after the initial investigation was complete. That said, this business greatly interests the Voices and I wonder if you have heard of any similar incidents?"

Christoph studies the man carefully, scrutinizing him through hooded brows.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24 Hunch/check for lying.


Male Elf Bard (Detective)/4;HP 34/34; AC 17 T 12 FF 15; Fort +2; Ref +7 Will +4; CMB +3; CMD 16; Per +11; Init +3; Spd 30ft.

Ereviss speaks solemnly:
"The professor died because he discovered and fought evil. A large evil force is at work, probably much greater than six escaped, ghostly prisoners with incredible supernatural powers. Why don't you tell us all you know, and we will perform research in this library to better arm us with knowledge."

He nods to Kendra:
"Any effects the professor had now pass to Kendra. Hopefully and secrets and commitments too."

Ereviss gives a pointed stare at the academic.


Christoph wrote:
this business greatly interests the Voices and I wonder if you have heard of any similar incidents?

Professor Crowl shook his head.

"Nothing precisely like that. Although... Professor Lorrimor noted to me an overall increase in haunt activity. He said he was going to look into an interesting cluster of haunts in our last meeting."

Ereviss wrote:
Why don't you tell us all you know, and we will perform research in this library to better arm us with knowledge.

Professor Crowl nodded seriously, and he tells you that Professor Lorrimor, amidst his adventures, felt that there was some manner of hidden conspiracy at work in the monstrous attacks that have afflicted Ustalav over the years. He said that Professor Lorrimor speculated that perhaps the 'Whispering Way', thought destroyed long ago, might still be around.

Ereviss wrote:
"Any effects the professor had now pass to Kendra. Hopefully and secrets and commitments too."

Professor Crowl nodded at that, puzzled.

"Well, yes of course." He said, clearly not following.


Kendra smiled and reassured Professor Crowl.
"What he meant was you shouldn't hold things back, such as to protect me." she said, simultaneously driving an elbow into Ereviss' ribs.


"No, no. Of course not! I would never hold back knowledge of such criminals!
"I mean I would if it would protect..."
The professor flailed around.


Kendra patted the mans hand in reassurance.
"Of course, think nothing of it.
"I must tell you professor, I am curious as to what happened to your classroom. It looked like a whole wall had collapsed!"
She asked, curious.


"Oh! Yes of course. It was the Beast of Lepidstadt! It was a huge hulking thing, like a short hill giant; it just smashed it's way through a wall and tore up the classroom and museum!
"They caught him of course, just outside the building. It looked like it had knocked itself silly in the attack. They threw a net on him, chained him up and hauled him off to gaol.
"It was a curious thing though; despite the devastation we were able to find almost all the artifacts stored there, except for one that must have been taken.
"A strange statuette called the Seasage Effigy.
"Frankly, I am baffled by this whole thing—the statuette was very singular, but it was hardly valuable. And where is it now? It had no time to hock it, and they caught the creature right outside the museum!"

He shook his head, clearly puzzled.
"Ah well. At least the Beast was caught. I wish we could understand what the creature was thinking, though I understand the poor creature cannot explain its actions and is clearly mad."


Male Elf Bard (Detective)/4;HP 34/34; AC 17 T 12 FF 15; Fort +2; Ref +7 Will +4; CMB +3; CMD 16; Per +11; Init +3; Spd 30ft.

Ereviss is curious.
"Well, that is probably an important clue. This Seasage Effigy must be researched. Why a Beast would go after such a thing should be understood."

Kn (most skills at +7: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

"I never heard of this artifact."

He explains things to the professor, obviously frustrated his subtlety is lost on the professor. "I was hoping anything you and the professor shared would be passed on. We were fond of the professor, and want to continue his legacy."

Diplomacy to influence: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


Female Human Oracle of Pharasma 7; 42/52 HP; AC:13 [19] Touch 13 FF 10 [16]; F +6 R +4 W +8 (+12 fear); Init +2; Perception +7 (+11 undead/ can percieve ethereal undead)

"And no one has been able to calm the creature's mind with magic? Perhaps reach past the fog of madness to discern its motives?" Rhia asks.


Male Half-Orc Paladin (Undead Scourge)/4;HP 43/43; AC 19 T 11 FF 17; Fort +9; Ref +5 Will +8; CMB +6; CMD 18; Per +1; Init +1; Spd 20ft.

"What is known of this Beast? What drives it?"


Female Elf Slayer 1 / Wizard (Void Elementalist Shadowcaster) 3 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | HP 25/32 | F +4 R +6 W +2 | Init +3 | Perc +6

Skiia listens carefully from where she's carefully settled in the clutter, paying attention, but content to let others steer the conversation. Something Professor Crowl said sets her thoughts in motion, and she tries to reconstruct the repairs being done on the Antiquities Department in her mind's eye, and runs through a series of rough calculations.

Knowledge (engineering): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Can it really have burst through the wall just like that, or did it batter its way in, somehow? If it did just break through, it would have to be as strong as... In which case, the guards were unthinkably lucky that it didn't recover itself, and one must wonder where they've stored the creature, she thinks.


Ereviss wrote:
This Seasage Effigy must be researched. Why a Beast would go after such a thing should be understood.

"Mm. Well, as I recall, the effigy is a murky green statuette about the size of both your fists put together, depicting a grotesque creature writhing with tentacles." Professor Crowl described aloud.

The description sent a quiver of disquiet through your soul. Somehow like the promise of endless pain in the future. The afternoon light through the windows seemed to dim.
"As for why the beast went after it, well, its the Beast! It's been rampaging the countryside for years; gods only know what madness drove it.
"And,
He pointed out, We are only assuming the beast took it at all. It had after all been sitting in a closed box filled with wood shavings on a shelf for the last decade or so. Frankly, I think the odds are even a student took it out for research, accidentally dropped it to shatter on a paving stone, and binned it from embarassment." He shook his head sadly. "Such has been a sadly common occurrence amongst students."

Ereviss wrote:
"I never heard of this artifact."

"Well, you aren't alone. We have been backlogged; and aside from a few research papers which boiled down to 'I have no idea what this is', no proper research has been done on it." He said, leaning back and drawing on his pipe.

Ereviss wrote:
I was hoping anything you and the professor shared would be passed on. We were fond of the professor, and want to continue his legacy.

He nodded, understanding.

"I think I understand; but I think you need to know, Professor Lorrimor and I shared much in the way of correspondence on his findings, but I was mostly just another researcher. Perhaps an ear to bounce ideas off of. If he had any secrets, he didn't leave any with me."

Rhia wrote:
"And no one has been able to calm the creature's mind with magic? Perhaps reach past the fog of madness to discern its motives?"

He blinked.

"Well, I don't know for sure, but why would they? It is the Beast of Lepidstadt! Hundreds dead in a reign of terror! Finally brought to bay!"

Agrimar wrote:
"What is known of this Beast? What drives it?"

"In truth, it is Probably just another maddened beast, twisted by evil sorcery. Such is all too common in Ustalev these wicked days."


You are free to ask more questions, but you think you've milked this font of knowledge dry, at least for the nonce.


Male Elf Bard (Detective)/4;HP 34/34; AC 17 T 12 FF 15; Fort +2; Ref +7 Will +4; CMB +3; CMD 16; Per +11; Init +3; Spd 30ft.

"Well, we have another stop to make. Thank you for your time."
They head to the next stop.


Male Varisian Inquisitor 7 (AC 23/15Tch/19FF, 22 CMD/18FF, HP 44/55, Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +9, Init +7, Per +13)
Skills:
Climb +5, Heal +10, Intimidate +9, K(Arcana) +7*, K(Dungeon) +6*, K(Nature) +7*, K(Planes) +5*, K(Religion) + 11*, Perception +13, Ride +7, Sense Motive +16, Spellcraft +9, Stealth + 13, Survival +10*, Swim +5

Christoph scratches his beard thoughtfully, saying, "It's odd that this beast, which has been rampaging around the countryside for years, would suddenly make it's way into the center of Lepidstadt to break into your room at the same time as some mysterious and unstudied object goes missing. The timing is too convenient for my tastes. In any case, thank you Professor. It's good to see those tomes returned to those who will safeguard them. Farewell to you, sir."

Out of earshot.

"Something about the beast's attack is nagging at me. You wouldn't expect something that has cannily avoided capture for so long to suddenly attack like that. I think there was something more sinister at work that exploited the Beast's attack in some fashion or another to steal that Seasage EFfigy. That its purpose or use is unknown isn't comforting either."


You have two tasks to complete to fulfill the final wishes of Professor Lorrimor—returning the tomes from Professor Lorrimor’s chest to Dr. Montagnie Crowl at Lepidstadt University, and delivering the curious Manual of the Order of the Palatine Eye to Judge Embreth Daramid at her townhouse in the city.


Male Varisian Inquisitor 7 (AC 23/15Tch/19FF, 22 CMD/18FF, HP 44/55, Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +9, Init +7, Per +13)
Skills:
Climb +5, Heal +10, Intimidate +9, K(Arcana) +7*, K(Dungeon) +6*, K(Nature) +7*, K(Planes) +5*, K(Religion) + 11*, Perception +13, Ride +7, Sense Motive +16, Spellcraft +9, Stealth + 13, Survival +10*, Swim +5

I'm confused, didn't we just deliver those tomes to Dr. Crowl?


Male Elf Bard (Detective)/4;HP 34/34; AC 17 T 12 FF 15; Fort +2; Ref +7 Will +4; CMB +3; CMD 16; Per +11; Init +3; Spd 30ft.

"Off to the judge!!"

Ereviss leads the way.


Male Half-Orc Paladin (Undead Scourge)/4;HP 43/43; AC 19 T 11 FF 17; Fort +9; Ref +5 Will +8; CMB +6; CMD 18; Per +1; Init +1; Spd 20ft.

Does Dr. Crowl know Judge Daramid?


Christoph wrote:
I'm confused, didn't we just deliver those tomes to Dr. Crowl?

You delivered the trunk with the dangerous books to Professor Crowl, but one was withheld. That one "The Manual of the Order of the Palatine Eye" (you know, the one with the lock on it), was to be delivered to Judge Daramid.

In return she will bestow upon each of you the 100 platinum coins as your reward for your services in carrying out Doctor Lorrimor's final wishes.


Agrimar wrote:
Does Dr. Crowl know Judge Daramid?

"What? Oh yes, we know each other through Professor Lorrimor. We don't really move in the same circles, but I occasionally bump into her at the Club or some official function.

"She has a townhouse just off the Circle. Here, let me give you directions..." He said.


When you are ready, he steps outside and hails a cab for you.
Cramming yourselves into the four place seating, the driver cracks the whip and you jolt into motion.

Your journey takes you across the campus and down the crowded thoroughfare into the center of Lepidstadt.
The festival atmsphere is more pronounced here; clusters of people dancing, drinking, dancing and drinking, setting off expensive fireworks, and everyone chanting some variation of "Burn the Beast!".

As you are carried through the circle plaza, you see a huge pyre in the shape of a man—Lepidstadt’s famous Punishing Man—has been erected in the main circle outside the courthouse, and locals eagerly add fuel to the effigy in preparation for the Beast’s execution.

The carriage takes you to an upscale neighborhood, to a gated three story townhouse with a neatly trimmed lawn and flowerbed.


Kendra spilled out of the coach and approached the gate, towing Ereviss behind her.
Tugging at the bellpull, you hear chimes ring in the house.

A maid opened the door and asked, "Who shall I say is calling?"
"Kendra Lorrimor and escort." Kendra replied.
The door closed and you wait but a minute before the maid reappeared and ushered you inside.

You are escorted to a sitting room where a woman in robes awaited you.
PORTRAIT OF JUDGE DARAMID

Knowledge:Local or Knowledge:Nobility DC12:

Judge Embreth Daramid is well respected for her even temper and fairness. Embreth Daramid (NG female old human aristocrat 3/expert 4) is one of the justices of Vieland and a magistrate of Lepidstadt.


"Welcome Miss Lorrimor. Welcome ladies and gentlemen to my home." She said, waiving her hands towards chairs and couches, inviting you to take a seat.
She is in her sixties, with gray hair pulled back tightly into a bun and icy blue eyes. She is a stern, no nonsense woman who appears to be all business.

She took Kendras hands in hers.
"I am so sorry to hear about your father." She said briskly.

Sense Motive DC15:

You realize that Lorrimor’s death has affected her more than she lets show, hinting that perhaps their relationship was, at one time at least, more than professional.


Male Elf Bard (Detective)/4;HP 34/34; AC 17 T 12 FF 15; Fort +2; Ref +7 Will +4; CMB +3; CMD 16; Per +11; Init +3; Spd 30ft.

Ereviss nods, and offers a deep bow of respect to the woman of law in the town.
SMotive/kn Local: 2d20 ⇒ (2, 14) = 16
Ereviss makes sure Kendra is comfortably seated, and takes to hovering around her, pacing with nervous energy.
"Ma'am, we have come at a chaotic time. We have followed the trail of evil, and it did not die with the cleansing of the prison. What can you tell us of this madness?"

Ereviss gestures to the general center of the city, where the atmosphere was unsettling to the genteel elf.

201 to 250 of 463 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM-Camris' CARRION CROWN Chapter 2: Trial of the Beast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.