DM Brainiac's War for the Crown: Table 2

Game Master Brainiac

Maps on Google Slides
Loot Spreadsheet


3,201 to 3,250 of 3,612 << first < prev | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | next > last >>

M Half-Elf Cleric 9 | HP 66/66 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | F+10 R+8 W+13 (+2 vs enchantment) | Init +3 | Perception +14 | Performance 16/21 | Channel 4/4 | Active: Resist Elec 20

"Incorporeal foes are bad news... if it is undead, I do have Death Ward prepared. And my channeling might hurt it a bit."
@GM, I think you might have missed Katria's question above - what is the CL on the wand of Magic Missile? That would be a good option against incorporeals.

"I would suggst we leave the wererats where they are, anticipate that the dwarven woman has gone Invisible, and have Maya ready to Glitterdust the area behind the door as soon as we open it."

Liam casts Shield and Shield of Faith on himself.


Sorry, it's CL 5th.


Female human occultist 9 HP 66, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F11/R8/W10, CMD 21

Katria nods.

"One problem at a time," she agrees. "Let's deal with the ghost and the dwarven woman, and then we can deal with the wererats."

She tests the new wand to familiarize herself with it and make sure she's able to activate it when she has to.

Quick stats:
HP 59/52 (inc. +7 from transmutation focus
AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 18, CMD 20
Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +9
Speed: 30 feet
Inspiration (Knowledge/Linguistics/Spellcraft checks): 1/4
Mental Focus: 14; Abjuration [3/3]; Divination [1/3]; Enchantment [4/4]; Transmutation [3/4]
Resonant powers (+1 saves; +2 Perception, low-light vision; +2 Charisma
checks; +2 Con)
Spells/day: 1st [x][x][x][x][x]; 2nd [x][x][x][x]; 3rd [][]
Wands: Scorching ray 0/20; lightning bolt 0/20; magic missile (CL 5) 0/47; magic missile (CL 5) 0/35
Effects: heightened awareness, resist acid 20


Halfling Court Bard 9 | HP 64/66| AC 21, T 16, FF 18 | CMD 18 | F +7, R +12, W +10* | Init +3 | Perc +10
Resources:
BP 24/26 Rounds, Spells - 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 3/6, 3rd: 3/4

Maya nods as well.

"That works for me. Sounds like the wererats are getting stir-crazy, so - not to beat a dead horse - let's do this fast."


When you are ready, you approach the open doorway across the hall. This wide stone chamber contains several low tables, crates of equipment, and barrels of oddsmelling liquids. Beakers of bubbling liquids and translucent balloons of multicolored gases are scattered across the tables.

The ghostly, indistinct figure suddenly takes on a nightmarish shape, not quite human or animal or fiend. It lets out a warbling shriek as it prepares to attack!

Initiative:
Amelia: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Doritan: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Liam: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Katria: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Maya: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Enemy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Doritan, Katria and Maya may act before the enemy!

Knowledge (planes) DC 23:
This creatures is not an undead, but rather a rare outsider known as an animate dream! From time to time, when a powerfully imaginative sleeper wakes from a particularly vivid or unusual dream, a fragment of that dream lingers on the Ethereal Plane. To survive, this animate dream needs the power of living will, imagination, and emotion to sustain it. An animate dream seeks out mortal minds, appearing as a shadowy and often frightful dream figure. Its true appearance is vague and nebulous, but it reacts to the fears and emotions of those around it, taking on a nightmarish appearance that differs for each viewer.

An animate dream can find satisfaction and sustenance by passing one of its ghostly limbs through a mortal’s body—the act infusing the mortal with negative energy that sates the animate dream’s unnatural hunger. But by forcing a creature into a state of sleep, terror, or both, the animate dream can gain a much more satisfying meal, feeding on the emotions released in such states.


Female human occultist 9 HP 66, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F11/R8/W10, CMD 21

Quick stats:

HP 59/52 (inc. +7 from transmutation focus
AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 18, CMD 20
Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +9
Speed: 30 feet
Inspiration (Knowledge/Linguistics/Spellcraft checks): 1/4
Mental Focus: 14; Abjuration [3/3]; Divination [1/3]; Enchantment [4/4]; Transmutation [3/4]
Resonant powers (+1 saves; +2 Perception, low-light vision; +2 Charisma
checks; +2 Con)
Spells/day: 1st [x][x][x][x][x]; 2nd [x][x][x][x]; 3rd [][]
Wands: Scorching ray 0/20; lightning bolt 0/20; magic missile (CL 5) 0/47; magic missile (CL 5) 1/35
Effects: heightened awareness, resist acid 20

"It's not a ghost!" she calls out with sudden realization. "It's an animate dream! We each see something different, but don't let it touch you, no matter what!"

She easily activates the new wand, pleased with how comfortable it feels in her grip, and sends missiles streaking toward the dream.

Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32

Use Magic Device: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (19) + 21 = 40
Force: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 2, 2) + 3 = 11


Male Human Stalker Vigilante 8 HP 67/67; AC 21, 17 FF, 16 T; Saves +7 Fort, +12 Ref, +10 Will; +4 Init; +18 Per, Active Effects: None

"Well, can we kill it?" Doritan asks, holding back and preparing to strike at the creature if it tries to get past him.

Readying an attack (am I still invisible?) for if it tries to attack Maya or Katria.


Halfling Court Bard 9 | HP 64/66| AC 21, T 16, FF 18 | CMD 18 | F +7, R +12, W +10* | Init +3 | Perc +10
Resources:
BP 24/26 Rounds, Spells - 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 3/6, 3rd: 3/4

Maya cast Vanish on you earlier, Doritan, so you would be visible at this point.

Maya’s not sure what to make of this latest foe they face. At Katria’s warning, she stays back, but begins her usual rondo to enhance her companions’ speed and reflexes. Then she send a spell in the Dream’s direction.

Casting Glitterdust at it. DC 18 Reflex save or be blinded.


Dandy 9 - HP 76/76 - AC23 - T15 - F20 - CMD28 - Init+3 (+6 Urb) - F+10 (+4 End) - R+11 (Evasion) - W+6 - Perc+13 (+4/+2 Nat, +6 Urb) - SM+14 (+4/+2 Nat) - 1st 3/3 - 2nd 1/2 - Def 2/2 - Luck 3/3

Peeked at the spoiler. Amelia gets an additional +6 Initiative when in Urban Terrains (which includes town and city buildings such as these). I'll act now to save time down the road because I won't have the ability to post later after you see this.

K: Planes: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

She has no idea what the animated dream is until Katria tells her and bolsters her spirits. She was worried about ethereal foes but this one is hopefully easier to deal with.

Moving in front of Maya and Katria she readies an attack with her weapon, staying in a defensive stance per the chronicler's recommendation.

1 Handed, no Power Attack.
Will Deivon's Parry should it attack me. +13 base before buffs are added.


Will: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

The animate dream avoids being blinded by Maya's spell. Katria's magic missiles blast its incorporeal form, damaging it.

The creature glares at each of you, and horrifying visions fill your mind, threatening to scramble your senses!

Everybody except Doritan must make a DC 19 Will save or be affected by confusion. Everybody may act!


Female human occultist 9 HP 66, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F11/R8/W10, CMD 21

Will save (+0 for resonant power): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Quick stats:

HP 59/52 (inc. +7 from transmutation focus
AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 18, CMD 20
Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +9
Speed: 30 feet
Inspiration (Knowledge/Linguistics/Spellcraft checks): 1/4
Mental Focus: 14; Abjuration [3/3]; Divination [1/3]; Enchantment [4/4]; Transmutation [3/4]
Resonant powers (+1 saves; +2 Perception, low-light vision; +2 Charisma
checks; +2 Con)
Spells/day: 1st [x][x][x][x][x]; 2nd [x][x][x][x]; 3rd [][]
Wands: Scorching ray 0/20; lightning bolt 0/20; magic missile (CL 5) 0/47; magic missile (CL 5) 1/35
Effects: heightened awareness, resist acid 20

Katria shakes her head furiously, dispelling the visions (she could speak, dammit, and did know some magic, even if it wasn't the familiar form most accepted by the people of Taldor!). Her mouth set in a grim expression, she activates the wand again, sending three more blasts toward the dream.

Use Magic Device: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (14) + 21 = 35
Force: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 4, 4) + 3 = 14


M Half-Elf Cleric 9 | HP 66/66 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | F+10 R+8 W+13 (+2 vs enchantment) | Init +3 | Perception +14 | Performance 16/21 | Channel 4/4 | Active: Resist Elec 20

@Katria, it looks like you actually failed that Will save - it was DC 19. Unless there is something else I am forgetting?

Will, vs enchantment: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 15 + 2 = 35

Liam will cast Spell Immunity on a PC who failed their save against Confusion, but waiting to see who that is in case there are multiple PCs failing. Saving Finale from Maya is also an option.


Male Human Stalker Vigilante 8 HP 67/67; AC 21, 17 FF, 16 T; Saves +7 Fort, +12 Ref, +10 Will; +4 Init; +18 Per, Active Effects: None

Doritan stays on guard, keeping his distance and trying to protect his teammates- from both themselves and the dream.

Still Readying.


Female human occultist 9 HP 66, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F11/R8/W10, CMD 21

Er, no, I apparently can't read, and saw 19 as 16. Or it's affecting me in real life. So...

Confused?: 1d100 ⇒ 9 Act normally, so keep the action above.


Halfling Court Bard 9 | HP 64/66| AC 21, T 16, FF 18 | CMD 18 | F +7, R +12, W +10* | Init +3 | Perc +10
Resources:
BP 24/26 Rounds, Spells - 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 3/6, 3rd: 3/4

Will Save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Maya will end her Performance to cast Saving Finale if anyone else needs it after Liam's spell. Then restart her rondo afterwards.

Otherwise...

Maya continues her rondo and grits her teeth as she sees the Dream retain its sight. She considers what to do next, then leans over to Katria and taps the occultist on the shoulder.

"Mind passing that other wand of Magic Missile? Two is better than one, right?"

Not sure how many actions it would take to get the wand, but if Katria agrees and it's just a move action...

UMD: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13


Female human occultist 9 HP 66, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F11/R8/W10, CMD 21

I think you'd be better just grabbing it off my belt. I would think that would be a move action, since we're allies.


Halfling Court Bard 9 | HP 64/66| AC 21, T 16, FF 18 | CMD 18 | F +7, R +12, W +10* | Init +3 | Perc +10
Resources:
BP 24/26 Rounds, Spells - 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 3/6, 3rd: 3/4

That works, though it looks like it won’t make a difference till next round at this point.


Dandy 9 - HP 76/76 - AC23 - T15 - F20 - CMD28 - Init+3 (+6 Urb) - F+10 (+4 End) - R+11 (Evasion) - W+6 - Perc+13 (+4/+2 Nat, +6 Urb) - SM+14 (+4/+2 Nat) - 1st 3/3 - 2nd 1/2 - Def 2/2 - Luck 3/3

Amelia feels the thoughts of the dream invade her.

Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Saving Finale: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

However before she gets caught up in her own internal nightmare she hears a shocking twist on Maya's song; enough to knock her out of the spiral she was falling into.

With her weapon in hand she goes for the animated dream.

2H PA: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19

I'm assuming it isn't in full-round attack range. Will Parry at a +10 if it goes for me.


Katria blasts the animate dream with more magic missiles, while Amelia strikes it with her pick, though the weapon doesn't seem to do as much harm to the incorporeal creature.

The thing floats a few feet back to get out of Amelia's reach, then focuses its ire on Katria. The occultist is assaulted by a vision of her greatest fear!

Katria is targeted with phantasmal killer (Will DC 19 negates, Fortitude DC 19 to resist if she fails to initial save). Everybody may act!


M Half-Elf Cleric 9 | HP 66/66 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | F+10 R+8 W+13 (+2 vs enchantment) | Init +3 | Perception +14 | Performance 16/21 | Channel 4/4 | Active: Resist Elec 20

Okay, so last round Liam would have cast Spell Immunity (Confusion) on Katria seeing her struggle to maintain her sanity.

This round, he begins INSPIRE COURAGE +2.
"All that you are is the end of nightmare!
All that you are is a dying scream.
After tonight I shall end this demon dream..."

He also gives up one CLW to cast Command, demanding that the creature "HALT". Will DC 16.


Female human occultist 9 HP 66, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F11/R8/W10, CMD 21

Eep!

Quick stats:

HP 59/52 (inc. +7 from transmutation focus
AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 18, CMD 20
Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +9
Speed: 30 feet
Inspiration (Knowledge/Linguistics/Spellcraft checks): 1/4
Mental Focus: 14; Abjuration [3/3]; Divination [1/3]; Enchantment [4/4]; Transmutation [3/4]
Resonant powers (+1 saves; +2 Perception, low-light vision; +2 Charisma
checks; +2 Con)
Spells/day: 1st [x][x][x][x][x]; 2nd [x][x][x][x]; 3rd [][]
Wands: Scorching ray 0/20; lightning bolt 0/20; magic missile (CL 5) 0/47; magic missile (CL 5) 1/35
Effects: heightened awareness, resist acid 20

Katria collapses bonelessly, wand falling from her hand.

Will save (+0 for resonant power): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Fort save (+0 for resonant power): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Wow. That's a spectacularly bad time for horrible rolls on my two good saves. I think I'm dead...


If Amelia used her own reroll on her save, Maya could still use saving finale to try to help Katria survive.


Male Human Stalker Vigilante 8 HP 67/67; AC 21, 17 FF, 16 T; Saves +7 Fort, +12 Ref, +10 Will; +4 Init; +18 Per, Active Effects: None

"Katria!" Doritan calls out. Forgetting caution, he lunges forward to try and do something to, if nothing else, draw the attention of the dream.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 151d6 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14


Dandy 9 - HP 76/76 - AC23 - T15 - F20 - CMD28 - Init+3 (+6 Urb) - F+10 (+4 End) - R+11 (Evasion) - W+6 - Perc+13 (+4/+2 Nat, +6 Urb) - SM+14 (+4/+2 Nat) - 1st 3/3 - 2nd 1/2 - Def 2/2 - Luck 3/3

Totally grabbing Bestow Luck next level so this doesn't happen again. :(

Not noticing Katria's state, the dandy only hears a scream come from Doritan before stepping in and assaulting the dream.

2H, PA: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 1 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19

Haste: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 1 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22

-5: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 1 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18

Parry as before at a +10


Female human occultist 9 HP 66, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F11/R8/W10, CMD 21

I'm going to assume Maya will cast saving finale...
Fort save (saving finale reroll): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Well, that was climactic

Katria gasps, tears streaming from her eyes as she realizes she's not in fact dead. In a panic, she fires off the wand again, though the missiles seem affects by her own fear, the wand not using its full power.

Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 1) = 12
Use Magic Device: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (7) + 21 = 28
3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 1, 1) + 3 = 6

Quick stats:
HP 47/52
AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 18, CMD 20
Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +9
Speed: 30 feet
Inspiration (Knowledge/Linguistics/Spellcraft checks): 1/4
Mental Focus: 14; Abjuration [3/3]; Divination [1/3]; Enchantment [4/4]; Transmutation [3/4]
Resonant powers (+1 saves; +2 Perception, low-light vision; +2 Charisma
checks; +2 Con)
Spells/day: 1st [x][x][x][x][x]; 2nd [x][x][x][x]; 3rd [][]
Wands: Scorching ray 0/20; lightning bolt 0/20; magic missile (CL 5) 0/47; magic missile (CL 5) 2/35
Effects: heightened awareness, resist acid 20

I chose to reroll the Fort and not the Will save, since I'm slightly better at the former. Figured I'd give myself an additional +1 and suck up a little damage if I made it.


Halfling Court Bard 9 | HP 64/66| AC 21, T 16, FF 18 | CMD 18 | F +7, R +12, W +10* | Init +3 | Perc +10
Resources:
BP 24/26 Rounds, Spells - 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 3/6, 3rd: 3/4

Maya will of course cast Saving Finale for Katria. Glad it worked. :)

With Katria out of the woods for now, Maya resumes her rondo.

I think everyone may actually be fatigued due to having to end the rondo, if this is the third round of combat, but better to have haste than not at this point, I suppose.

Then she attempts to use the wand again.

UMD: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Damage: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2, 1) + 3 = 9


The animate dream dodges Amelia's and Doritan's attacks, but Katria and Maya blast it with force missiles. Still enraged, the creatures ignores the warriors as it swoops down at Katria, reaching out to touch her. Its touch fills her mind with horrible visions, wounding her and threatening to curse her with nightmares!

Incorporeal Touch: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31
Damage: 6d8 ⇒ (8, 5, 3, 7, 6, 1) = 30

30 damage to Katria. She must make a DC 21 Will save or be cursed, taking 1d4 Wisdom drain and becoming fatigued until the curse is lifted. Amelia and Doritan may take an AoO on the dream. Everybody may act!

Enemy Status:
Dream -49


M Half-Elf Cleric 9 | HP 66/66 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | F+10 R+8 W+13 (+2 vs enchantment) | Init +3 | Perception +14 | Performance 16/21 | Channel 4/4 | Active: Resist Elec 20

"Katria, is its touch negative energy?"
If Katria responds that it is, Liam will cast Death Ward on Katria.

If not, he will use Cure Moderate Wounds on her. That 2d8+8 might be enough to keep her alive after another touch. And Katria, feel free to roll that if you respond that its touch is not negative energy.

He maintains INSPIRE COURAGE +2. Doritan, Amelia, don't forget those bonuses.

@GM, did you roll a DC 16 Will save for the Command I cast last round? I know it is a slim chance but it's something.


Dandy 9 - HP 76/76 - AC23 - T15 - F20 - CMD28 - Init+3 (+6 Urb) - F+10 (+4 End) - R+11 (Evasion) - W+6 - Perc+13 (+4/+2 Nat, +6 Urb) - SM+14 (+4/+2 Nat) - 1st 3/3 - 2nd 1/2 - Def 2/2 - Luck 3/3

I missed both Inspire and Fatigue oops.

Seeing the animated dream move past her she tries to aim a strike at its ghastly form.

AoO: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 1 + 2 - 1 = 31 Assuming fatigue, haste, inspire
Damage: 1d6 + 17 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 17 + 2 - 1 = 20

Feeling the dark energy emanating from it through Katria's expression she moves in once more hoping to draw it in.

2H PA: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 1 + 2 - 1 = 28
Damage: 1d6 + 17 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 17 + 2 - 1 = 19

"From whence you came!" The dandy is emboldened by the strike that would have been fatal if it had not been incorporeal.

Damn can't critical without Ghost Touch. Also Parry at a +11.


Sorry Liam, forgot about command.

Will: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

Looks like it passed!


Male Human Stalker Vigilante 8 HP 67/67; AC 21, 17 FF, 16 T; Saves +7 Fort, +12 Ref, +10 Will; +4 Init; +18 Per, Active Effects: None

AoO: 1d20 + 15 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 15 - 1 = 211d6 + 15 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 15 - 1 = 20
Demoralize: 1d20 + 22 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 22 - 1 = 374d4 ⇒ (2, 4, 3, 2) = 11

"Stay back!" Doritan yells, then attacking the dream.

Attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 301d6 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19
Haste: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 251d6 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17
Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 291d6 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18

Demoralize: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (1) + 21 = 224d4 ⇒ (3, 1, 3, 3) = 10
If the first one didn't take.


Between Amelia's and Doritan's attacks, the strange incorporeal creature is torn apart, vanishing with a hollow shriek.

A few moments later, the door to the west opens and the dwarven alchemist appears!

Katria and Maya may still act this round before the dwarf goes.


Female human occultist 9 HP 66, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F11/R8/W10, CMD 21

Do I still take the damage and need the Will save? Not sure if it was destroyed before it touched me...

Quick stats:

HP 47/52
AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 18, CMD 20
Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +9
Speed: 30 feet
Inspiration (Knowledge/Linguistics/Spellcraft checks): 1/4
Mental Focus: 14; Abjuration [3/3]; Divination [1/3]; Enchantment [3/4]; Transmutation [3/4]
Resonant powers (+1 saves; +2 Perception, low-light vision; +2 Charisma
checks; +2 Con)
Spells/day: 1st [x][x][x][x][x]; 2nd [x][x][x][x]; 3rd [][]
Wands: Scorching ray 0/20; lightning bolt 0/20; magic missile (CL 5) 0/47; magic missile (CL 5) 2/35
Effects: heightened awareness, resist acid 20

Still seeing visions of the horrid dream, which she's sure will haunt her nightmares for at least tonight, Katria turns her attention to the dwarf, concentrating on letting the new enemy share some of Katria's pain. Binding Pattern, DC 19 Will save

She moves away from the dwarf, not used to being in the thick of things. Move behind Doritan and Amelia

Binding Pattern (Sp):
As a standard action, you can expend 1 point of mental focus to create a binding pattern of psychic energy that causes a living creature to become paralyzed. The target must be within 30 feet of you, and it can attempt a Will saving throw to negate the effect. If it fails the save, it is paralyzed for 1 round for every 2 occultist levels you possess. At the end of each of its turns, it can attempt another Will save to end the paralyzed effect and instead be staggered for the remaining duration. This is a mind-affecting compulsion effect.


Yes, you still get hit before the creature is destroyed, Katria.


Female human occultist 9 HP 66, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F11/R8/W10, CMD 21

Will save (+0 for resonant power): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 Sigh
healing: 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (5, 3) + 8 = 16
Wisdom drain: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Quick stats:

HP 33/52
AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 18, CMD 20
Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +9
Speed: 30 feet
Inspiration (Knowledge/Linguistics/Spellcraft checks): 1/4
Mental Focus: 14; Abjuration [3/3]; Divination [1/3]; Enchantment [3/4]; Transmutation [3/4]
Resonant powers (+1 saves; +2 Perception, low-light vision; +2 Charisma
checks; +2 Con)
Spells/day: 1st [x][x][x][x][x]; 2nd [x][x][x][x]; 3rd [][]
Wands: Scorching ray 0/20; lightning bolt 0/20; magic missile (CL 5) 0/47; magic missile (CL 5) 2/35
Effects: heightened awareness, resist acid 20, 3 Wisdom drain, fatigue until curse is removed


Halfling Court Bard 9 | HP 64/66| AC 21, T 16, FF 18 | CMD 18 | F +7, R +12, W +10* | Init +3 | Perc +10
Resources:
BP 24/26 Rounds, Spells - 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 3/6, 3rd: 3/4

Maya will use Saving Finale again for Katria.

Maya glances over at Katria, once again worried for her companion. Starting her rondo again, Maya casts a spell at the dwarf, hoping to end any real threat she might present.

Casting Blindness on the dwarf. DC 18 Fort save or be blinded.

Also, I failed to mention that the fatigue from the rondo ending is actually contingent on failing a Fort Save (DC 20). May not matter at this point, but it is theoretically avoidable at least.


Female human occultist 9 HP 66, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F11/R8/W10, CMD 21

Thanks again, Maya!

Fort save (vs. fatigue): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Will save (reroll): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Quick stats:

HP 33/52
AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 18, CMD 20
Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +9
Speed: 30 feet
Inspiration (Knowledge/Linguistics/Spellcraft checks): 1/4
Mental Focus: 14; Abjuration [3/3]; Divination [1/3]; Enchantment [3/4]; Transmutation [3/4]
Resonant powers (+1 saves; +2 Perception, low-light vision; +2 Charisma
checks; +2 Con)
Spells/day: 1st [x][x][x][x][x]; 2nd [x][x][x][x]; 3rd [][]
Wands: Scorching ray 0/20; lightning bolt 0/20; magic missile (CL 5) 0/47; magic missile (CL 5) 2/35
Effects: heightened awareness, resist acid 20

Katria realizes she's more clear-headed than she thought, as the momentary flash of fatigue passes.


Will, Fortitude: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 191d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16

The dwarf barely manages to resist Katria's binding pattern, but she succumbs to Maya's blindness spell. "Argh! Ye little rat!" she curses. She grabs two bombs from her belt and hurls them at Maya, striking the halfling despite her blindness!

Bombs: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 171d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 141d100 ⇒ 29
Fire Damage: 4d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1, 3, 5) + 4 = 144d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 3, 1, 5) + 4 = 18

32 fire damage to Maya! Everybody may act!


M Half-Elf Cleric 9 | HP 66/66 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | F+10 R+8 W+13 (+2 vs enchantment) | Init +3 | Perception +14 | Performance 16/21 | Channel 4/4 | Active: Resist Elec 20

Liam maintains his Oratory and channels to heal the party, holding aloft the Rose-and-Cobblestone symbol.
Channel 1 of 4: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 3) = 12


Halfling Court Bard 9 | HP 64/66| AC 21, T 16, FF 18 | CMD 18 | F +7, R +12, W +10* | Init +3 | Perc +10
Resources:
BP 24/26 Rounds, Spells - 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 3/6, 3rd: 3/4

Glad it's working, Katria. :)

Maya starts to celebrate her spell's blinding success when she's forced to suppress a yell as fire explodes around her. It's all she can do to keep her rondo from faltering again. She nods in thanks to Liam for his healing before pulling out a potion to heal a bit more.

Potion of CMW: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (7, 7) + 3 = 17


Female human occultist 9 HP 66, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F11/R8/W10, CMD 21

Quick stats:

HP 45/52
AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 18, CMD 20
Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +9
Speed: 30 feet
Inspiration (Knowledge/Linguistics/Spellcraft checks): 1/4
Mental Focus: 14; Abjuration [3/3]; Divination [1/3]; Enchantment [3/4]; Transmutation [3/4]
Resonant powers (+1 saves; +2 Perception, low-light vision; +2 Charisma
checks; +2 Con)
Spells/day: 1st [x][x][x][x][x]; 2nd [x][x][x][x]; 3rd [][]
Wands: Scorching ray 0/20; lightning bolt 0/20; magic missile (CL 5) 0/47; magic missile (CL 5) 3/35
Effects: heightened awareness, resist acid 20

Katria returns to her wand, firing another trio of missiles at the dwarf.

Use Magic Device: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (17) + 21 = 38
3d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 1, 1) + 3 = 8


Male Human Stalker Vigilante 8 HP 67/67; AC 21, 17 FF, 16 T; Saves +7 Fort, +12 Ref, +10 Will; +4 Init; +18 Per, Active Effects: None

Doritan's face gets hard, and he runs up silently to the blinded dwarf, stabbing him straight through his lung.
Fort DC 20: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Hidden Strike, Fatigued, Etc.: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 281d6 + 17 + 4d8 ⇒ (1) + 17 + (1, 6, 1, 7) = 33

Should be v. flat-footed


Dandy 9 - HP 76/76 - AC23 - T15 - F20 - CMD28 - Init+3 (+6 Urb) - F+10 (+4 End) - R+11 (Evasion) - W+6 - Perc+13 (+4/+2 Nat, +6 Urb) - SM+14 (+4/+2 Nat) - 1st 3/3 - 2nd 1/2 - Def 2/2 - Luck 3/3

The dandy sees how hurt her companion is, but notices that the reason for it is now blinded. Casually moving in after Doritan she tries to clock the dwarf on the back of the head with her elbow.

Unarmed (Nonlethal, PA): 1d20 + 12 - 3 ⇒ (19) + 12 - 3 = 28
Damage: 1d3 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 6 = 12


Doritan stabs the dwarven woman through the lung, leaving her badly wounded. Amelia bashes her over the head while Katria blasts her with magic missiles.

"Alright, enough!" the blinded woman cries. "None of my work here is worth dying over! I surrender to ye!"


Female human occultist 9 HP 66, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F11/R8/W10, CMD 21

"Oh, good," Katria says. "Will the others surrender too if you tell them to? Who's the girl you're holding captive? What exactly are you all doing down here?"

She starts firing questions at the dwarf.


"The wererats' loyalty was bought with the cult's coin. They'll likely slink off back to their warrens if ye give 'em a chance," the dwarf says. "The girl was a local we caught snooping around the theater. She insists she's got no ulterior motives, but Pol was convinced she's more than meets the eye.

"I joined the Cult of the Twilight Child to be close to Prince Carrius. The show we put on for the crowd may be mostly smoke and mirrors, but the prince is the real deal! I helped Vaddrigan by making hallucinogenic substances to affect the minds of visitors and rank-and-file cultists."


M Half-Elf Cleric 9 | HP 66/66 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | F+10 R+8 W+13 (+2 vs enchantment) | Init +3 | Perception +14 | Performance 16/21 | Channel 4/4 | Active: Resist Elec 20

"You're blind until our friend here chooses to dismiss the spell. Stay here out of our way and we will deal with you later."
I guess we could lock her in Pol's bedroom?


Female human occultist 9 HP 66, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F11/R8/W10, CMD 21

"And what about the golem? How can we disable that?"

I like that plan. Pending this check result...

Sense Motive : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

So, yeah, I guess I like that plan.


Dandy 9 - HP 76/76 - AC23 - T15 - F20 - CMD28 - Init+3 (+6 Urb) - F+10 (+4 End) - R+11 (Evasion) - W+6 - Perc+13 (+4/+2 Nat, +6 Urb) - SM+14 (+4/+2 Nat) - 1st 3/3 - 2nd 1/2 - Def 2/2 - Luck 3/3

Seeing the dwarf concede Amelia steps back. "You made the right choice, not regarding working here but for giving in." Hearing about the girl the dandy looks to the dwarf, "You don't seem to be too convinced about Pol's assessment of the young girl, what do you think?" She waits but then starts harassing her with some more questions... mainly regarding the Prince.

"So you think the prince has actually risen? Do you truly believe that?" Amelia assesses her face, hoping to see where her beliefs were held.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27 +4 regarding Nobles, Courtiers, Officials, etc


Halfling Court Bard 9 | HP 64/66| AC 21, T 16, FF 18 | CMD 18 | F +7, R +12, W +10* | Init +3 | Perc +10
Resources:
BP 24/26 Rounds, Spells - 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 3/6, 3rd: 3/4

Maya echoes Liam's words saying, "Depending on your level of cooperation, I may return your sight once we've left this place. Or I may not. You will have some say in the matter through your actions, so I suggest you choose them wisely."

The bard considers the dwarf's belief in the Prince really being resurrected, but shakes her head to herself. Nothing but nonsense.

3,201 to 3,250 of 3,612 << first < prev | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Brainiac's War for the Crown Table 2 Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.