DM Brainiac's War for the Crown: Table 2

Game Master Brainiac

Maps on Google Slides
Loot Spreadsheet


2,951 to 3,000 of 3,030 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>

Male Human Stalker Vigilante 7 HP 52/52; AC 21/16/17; Saves +5/+10/+7; +3 Init; +16 Per, Active Effects: None

Doritan narrows his eyes, "Hold on one minute. How do we know we can actually trust you to not stab us the moment we leave?" he asks bluntly.


The man shrugs. "You want to get paid or not? You can walk away now and I'll happily keep the money."


M Half-Elf Cleric 7 | HP 52/52 | AC 27 T 15 FF 24 | F+11 R+9 W+13 (+2 vs enchantment) | Init +3 | Perception +13 | Performance 17/17 | Channel 4/4 | Active: Shield, Barkskin, Good Hope, FoM

Liam communicates through the Message, "He's here. Capturing now. Come and help."

"Fine, fine, let's go."
Liam pretends to comply, then will attack here inside the tavern.- hoping to get a surprise round.
Bluff: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Well, probably not. Initiative?


Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Completely unprepared for the sudden treachery, the man is caught off-guard!

Doritan and Liam can take a surprise round.


M Half-Elf Cleric 7 | HP 52/52 | AC 27 T 15 FF 24 | F+11 R+9 W+13 (+2 vs enchantment) | Init +3 | Perception +13 | Performance 17/17 | Channel 4/4 | Active: Shield, Barkskin, Good Hope, FoM

"I suggest you surrender, come with us, and explain why you wanted the Enumerator dead."
Giving up Dispel Magic to cast Suggestion. Will DC 17.


Will, Fated: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 2 = 19

The man resists Liam's compulsion!

Doritan is up.


Male Human Stalker Vigilante 7 HP 52/52; AC 21/16/17; Saves +5/+10/+7; +3 Init; +16 Per, Active Effects: None

Doritan follows along, punching the man in the face with surprising ferocity.

Nonlethal Unarmed Strike, Hidden Strike, Power Attack, v. flat-footed: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 151d3 + 9 + 4d8 ⇒ (1) + 9 + (3, 8, 8, 1) = 30
Cornugon Smash Intimidate, Twisting Fear nonlethal: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 344d4 ⇒ (2, 4, 1, 4) = 11

So if he has flat-footed AC of 15 or less (and is intimidated with a 34), that's 41 nonlethal damage total and he’s demoralized.


The man has flat-footed AC 15 and 41 HP. Both numbers exactly!

Doritan's fist crunches the man's nose, and he wordlessly crumples to the ground, knocked out! The other patrons in the tavern murmur in shock at the sudden outburst of violence.


M Half-Elf Cleric 7 | HP 52/52 | AC 27 T 15 FF 24 | F+11 R+9 W+13 (+2 vs enchantment) | Init +3 | Perception +13 | Performance 17/17 | Channel 4/4 | Active: Shield, Barkskin, Good Hope, FoM

Liam throws a few coins on the bar. "Sorry for the trouble. Business."

He helps Doritan move the man out to where the rest of the party is waiting. "Back to the Temple of Abadar?"


Male Human Stalker Vigilante 7 HP 52/52; AC 21/16/17; Saves +5/+10/+7; +3 Init; +16 Per, Active Effects: None

That's amazing.

"I think we should check out the alley first. I'll sneak out, try to get a lay of the land. Come if I yell."

He slips out of the tavern and into the alley, trying to see who or what was waiting.

Stealth: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30
Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20


Doritan spies two dwarves lying in wait among the alley's shadows. The dwarves are unarmored and dressed in sky-blue skullcaps, veils, and long tunics with an overlapping circles motif. They don't seem to have noticed Doritan...

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25


Female human occultist 7 HP 52, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F10/R7/W9, CMD 20

Katria rushes into the tavern, pausing with a gasp as she realizes Liam and Doritan have already laid the contact low.

"You, I ... wow," she stammers.

She waits as Liam whispers that Doritan went outside, wondering if he'll return or if another fight will break out.


Male Human Stalker Vigilante 7 HP 52/52; AC 21/16/17; Saves +5/+10/+7; +3 Init; +16 Per, Active Effects: None

Doritan draws his blade silently, then moves in to strike the closest dwarf. As he does, he calls out to his allies inside, "Come!"

Hidden Strike Power Attack, v. flat-footed.: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 191d6 + 4d8 + 12 ⇒ (4) + (1, 8, 6, 6) + 12 = 37
Demoralize, Twisting Fear: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 324d4 ⇒ (1, 4, 1, 3) = 9


Dandy 7 - HP 60/60 - AC 23 - T 15 - F 20 - CMD 26 (+2 Dis) - Init +3 (+4 Urb) - F+9 (+4 End) - R+10 - W+5 - Perc +11 (+4/+2 Nat, +4 Urb) - SM +12 (+4/+2 Nat) - 1st 2/2 - 2nd 1/2 - Defiant 1/1 - Luck 1/3

Amelia casually follows up Katria, "Well well..." She lets out a laugh and eyes the back door upon hearing Doritan. "Sounds like there's fun to be had."


Doritan leaps upon the dwarf from the shadows, stabbing him and leaving him shaken! He cries out in alarm as both dwarves prepare to fight back!

Initiative:
Amelia: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Doritan: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Liam: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Katria: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Maya: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Dwarves: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Everybody may act before the dwarves!

Enemy Status:
Dwarf 1 -37, 9 nonlethal, shaken


M Half-Elf Cleric 7 | HP 52/52 | AC 27 T 15 FF 24 | F+11 R+9 W+13 (+2 vs enchantment) | Init +3 | Perception +13 | Performance 17/17 | Channel 4/4 | Active: Shield, Barkskin, Good Hope, FoM

"Doritan went that way - looks like he found the trouble he expected."
Liam is probably carrying the employer at this point. His max load is 150, so he is overburdened and can only stagger 5' as a full-round action.
He instead drags (rather than carries) the man outside and begins INSPIRE COURAGE +2.
"For Yanmass!"


Female human occultist 7 HP 52, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F10/R7/W9, CMD 20

Quick stats:

HP 59/52 (inc. +7 from transmutation focus
AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 18, CMD 20
Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +9
Speed: 30 feet
Inspiration (Knowledge/Linguistics/Spellcraft checks): 0/4
Mental Focus: 14; Abjuration [3/3]; Divination [2/3]; Enchantment [4/4]; Transmutation [4/4]
Resonant powers (+1 saves; +2 Perception, low-light vision; +2 Charisma
checks; +2 Con)
Spells/day: 1st [][][][][]; 2nd [][][][]; 3rd [][]
Wands: Scorching ray 23/23; lightning bolt 20/20; magic missile 47/47
Effects:

Katria rushes into the street, pulling Dignity's Barb as she struggles to grab a bolt at the same time and get it loaded quickly.

Move action to go into the street and pulling crossbow, standard action to load the crossbow.


Dandy 7 - HP 60/60 - AC 23 - T 15 - F 20 - CMD 26 (+2 Dis) - Init +3 (+4 Urb) - F+9 (+4 End) - R+10 - W+5 - Perc +11 (+4/+2 Nat, +4 Urb) - SM +12 (+4/+2 Nat) - 1st 2/2 - 2nd 1/2 - Defiant 1/1 - Luck 1/3

Amelia runs outside favoring the pick in close quarters and going for a strike on one of the dwarves, staying close to Katria as she loads the crossbow. Assuming she can get close enough

2H Pick (Nonlethal, Power Attack): 1d20 + 9 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 - 4 + 2 = 25
Nonlethal Damage: 1d6 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 14 + 2 = 22


Male Human Stalker Vigilante 7 HP 52/52; AC 21/16/17; Saves +5/+10/+7; +3 Init; +16 Per, Active Effects: None

Doritan keeps up the pressure, cutting into the wounded dwarf, shoving his way through the other one as he attempts to flank them with Amelia, slicing his way through both along the way.

Power Attack v. flat-footed, IC: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 11 + 2 = 301d6 + 4d4 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (2) + (4, 1, 4, 3) + 12 + 2 = 28

Acrobatics (Up Close and Personal): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29
Power Attack v. flat-footed, IC: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 11 + 2 = 291d6 + 4d4 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (1) + (3, 3, 2, 1) + 12 + 2 = 24
Hidden Strike damage: 4d4 ⇒ (3, 1, 2, 4) = 104d8 ⇒ (7, 2, 5, 8) = 22 Depending on if the Acrobatics check failed or succeeded (DC 5+CMD)
Twisting Fear Intimidate: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 264d4 ⇒ (2, 3, 4, 4) = 13 If the attack hit


Halfling Court Bard 7 | HP 52/52 | AC 21, T 16, FF 18 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +11, W +9* | Init +3 | Perc +10
Resources:
BP 18/21 Rounds, Spells - 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 2/4, 3rd: 2/2

Sorry for my absence.

Maya follows her companions, starting up her rondo as she goes to quicken her allies. Then she moves towards the alley to get a clear view of the dwarves.

Starting Blazing Rondo as a move action (Haste for everyone within 60 ft of Maya). And also move action to get to the head of the alley, assuming Maya has enough movement speed to do so.


Doritan stabs the dwarf again, but fails to tumble over the second one. Nevertheless, he drives his blade into that dwarf's gut as well, wounding and shaking him. Amelia rushes in to swing her pick at the first of Doritan's victims, and that dwarf collapses, unconscious.

As the others arrive, Maya and Liam raise their voices in inspiration while Katria loads her crossbow.

The remaining dwarf sweeps at Doritan's legs, trying to trip him. When the vigilante hops over the attack, the dwarf resorts to his fists, managing to score a single hit among a flurry of blows.

Trip, Shaken: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Flurry: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 191d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 221d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

8 damage to Doritan. Everybody is up!


Female human occultist 7 HP 52, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F10/R7/W9, CMD 20

Quick stats:

HP 59/52 (inc. +7 from transmutation focus
AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 18, CMD 20
Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +9
Speed: 30 feet
Inspiration (Knowledge/Linguistics/Spellcraft checks): 0/4
Mental Focus: 14; Abjuration [3/3]; Divination [2/3]; Enchantment [4/4]; Transmutation [4/4]
Resonant powers (+1 saves; +2 Perception, low-light vision; +2 Charisma
checks; +2 Con)
Spells/day: 1st [][][][][]; 2nd [][][][]; 3rd [][]
Wands: Scorching ray 23/23; lightning bolt 20/20; magic missile 47/47
Effects:

Seeing Doritan is tangled up with the dwarf, Katria instead tries to daze it, hoping that might be more effective than her crossbow. Daze, DC 15


Halfling Court Bard 7 | HP 52/52 | AC 21, T 16, FF 18 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +11, W +9* | Init +3 | Perc +10
Resources:
BP 18/21 Rounds, Spells - 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 2/4, 3rd: 2/2

Maya continues her rondo and draws her rapier. She considers approaching the remaining conscious dwarf, but decides at least a couple of them need to guard the alley entrance should the cultist try to bolt.

Continuing Blazing Rondo. Also readying an attack if the conscious dwarf tries to run by Maya.

Rapier Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 28
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


M Half-Elf Cleric 7 | HP 52/52 | AC 27 T 15 FF 24 | F+11 R+9 W+13 (+2 vs enchantment) | Init +3 | Perception +13 | Performance 17/17 | Channel 4/4 | Active: Shield, Barkskin, Good Hope, FoM

"Fall."
Liam casts Command on the remaining assassin, Will DC 15. Giving up Sure Casting.


Dandy 7 - HP 60/60 - AC 23 - T 15 - F 20 - CMD 26 (+2 Dis) - Init +3 (+4 Urb) - F+9 (+4 End) - R+10 - W+5 - Perc +11 (+4/+2 Nat, +4 Urb) - SM +12 (+4/+2 Nat) - 1st 2/2 - 2nd 1/2 - Defiant 1/1 - Luck 1/3

With the speed of the rondo, Amelia aims to knock the target out.

2H PA: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 2 + 1 - 4 = 11
Haste: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 2 + 1 - 4 = 15
Iterative: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 + 1 - 4 = 9

Although using the butt end of her weapon isn't what she is used to and she snarls in frustration.


Male Human Stalker Vigilante 7 HP 52/52; AC 21/16/17; Saves +5/+10/+7; +3 Init; +16 Per, Active Effects: None

Doritan, merciless as ever, steps into a flank with Amelia and keeps trying to stab the still-standing dwarf.

Power Attack, Flank, IC, Rondo: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 11 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 181d6 + 4d4 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (2) + (2, 3, 2, 2) + 12 + 2 = 25
Extra Attack, Flank, IC, Rondo: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 11 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 221d6 + 4d4 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (5) + (1, 3, 2, 2) + 12 + 2 = 27

Intimidate (if either hit): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 304d4 ⇒ (2, 3, 4, 3) = 12


Will: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

The dwarf resists Liam's spell. He dodges Amelia's strikes, but Maya's rapier impales his thigh, and Doritan manages to stab him again. Badly hurt, the dwarf tumbles away, rushing down the alley, but he opens himself up to Amelia.

Amelia may take an AoO against the dwarf. He has AC 19 and 20 HP left. If she doesn't drop him, the dwarf moves a total of 75 feet away! Everybody is up if you want to try to chase him.


Dandy 7 - HP 60/60 - AC 23 - T 15 - F 20 - CMD 26 (+2 Dis) - Init +3 (+4 Urb) - F+9 (+4 End) - R+10 - W+5 - Perc +11 (+4/+2 Nat, +4 Urb) - SM +12 (+4/+2 Nat) - 1st 2/2 - 2nd 1/2 - Defiant 1/1 - Luck 1/3

Nonlethal PA, 2H, AoO: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 - 4 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 2 + 1 - 4 + 4 = 22 +4 Luck
Nonlethal Damage: 1d6 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 14 + 2 = 18

The pick comes out and it seems that when the dwarf turns tail that his clothes happened to get stuck on the head of the inverted weapon.

Dropping her pick, she moves with the power of the rondo quickly drawing her bow taking a shot at the dwarf and just shakes her head at the results.

Nonlethal: 1d20 + 11 - 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 11 - 4 + 2 + 1 = 14

"Remind me to buy some blunted arrows."


M Half-Elf Cleric 7 | HP 52/52 | AC 27 T 15 FF 24 | F+11 R+9 W+13 (+2 vs enchantment) | Init +3 | Perception +13 | Performance 17/17 | Channel 4/4 | Active: Shield, Barkskin, Good Hope, FoM

Liam drops the guy he is dragging (free), moves 40' (Blazing Rondo), and casts Admonishing Ray (range 40').
Ranged Touch, IC, Haste: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 25
NL: 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2, 3, 4) + 2 = 14

Ranged Touch, IC, Haste: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 17
NL: 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 1, 2, 6) + 2 = 12

Bolts of force slap the dwarf upside his head.


Female human occultist 7 HP 52, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F10/R7/W9, CMD 20

Quick stats:

HP 59/52 (inc. +7 from transmutation focus
AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 18, CMD 20
Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +9
Speed: 30 feet
Inspiration (Knowledge/Linguistics/Spellcraft checks): 0/4
Mental Focus: 14; Abjuration [3/3]; Divination [2/3]; Enchantment [4/4]; Transmutation [4/4]
Resonant powers (+1 saves; +2 Perception, low-light vision; +2 Charisma
checks; +2 Con)
Spells/day: 1st [][][][][]; 2nd [][][][]; 3rd [][]
Wands: Scorching ray 23/23; lightning bolt 20/20; magic missile 47/47
Effects:

Katria fires Dignity's Barb at the retreating dwarf.

Dignity's Barb: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Male Human Stalker Vigilante 7 HP 52/52; AC 21/16/17; Saves +5/+10/+7; +3 Init; +16 Per, Active Effects: None

I'm pretty sure that he's down by now, but if not....

Doritan's eyes narrow, and he dashes off in pursuit of the dwarf, his magically-enhanced speed easily allowing him to meet and then surpass the fleeing figure, trying and failing to shove him into the wall of the alley with the flat of his blade.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
Up Close and Personal, Nonlethal: 1d20 + 13 - 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 13 - 4 + 1 + 2 = 141d6 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


Between Amelia's blow and Liam's admonishing ray, the dwarf falls down, unconscious!

The aasimar in the bar has a potion of cure moderate wounds, potion of invisbility, mwk light crossbow, sickle, cloak of resistance +1. The dwarves each have potions of barkskin +2, potions of bull's strength, potions of cure serious wounds, bracers of armor +1, headbands of inspired wisdom +2, and rings of protection +1.


Halfling Court Bard 7 | HP 52/52 | AC 21, T 16, FF 18 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +11, W +9* | Init +3 | Perc +10
Resources:
BP 18/21 Rounds, Spells - 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 2/4, 3rd: 2/2

Maya, letting her rondo end, pants in place for a few moments before she joins Amelia near the latest fallen dwarf. Looking at the ranger, she says, "Let's drag this fellow out of the street. Don't want to cause more of a commotion than we already have."

Assuming between Amelia and Maya we can drag the dwarf out of the street.

Once both dwarves are in the alleyway, Maya says to her companions, "So what's the plan? Tie these three up and bring them back to the Enumerator? Might be slow going, but I think we could do it between all of us. Might want to try to find a cart."


M Half-Elf Cleric 7 | HP 52/52 | AC 27 T 15 FF 24 | F+11 R+9 W+13 (+2 vs enchantment) | Init +3 | Perception +13 | Performance 17/17 | Channel 4/4 | Active: Shield, Barkskin, Good Hope, FoM

Liam looks at the would-be assassins. "Dwarves are heavy."

He starts removing his disguise. "Ah, that's better. That is a good plan, to find a cart and bring them to the Enumerator. Alternatively, we send for help from Baron Kustios. Either way is fine with me."

It might be a little strange pushing three unconscious people on a cart through the streets. Though I'm sure Maya could pull it off with a clever explanation. Like they are drunk and passed out and we are taking them somewhere to sleep it off.


Dandy 7 - HP 60/60 - AC 23 - T 15 - F 20 - CMD 26 (+2 Dis) - Init +3 (+4 Urb) - F+9 (+4 End) - R+10 - W+5 - Perc +11 (+4/+2 Nat, +4 Urb) - SM +12 (+4/+2 Nat) - 1st 2/2 - 2nd 1/2 - Defiant 1/1 - Luck 1/3

My Strength score is 18 actually Maya, I could probably lift him alone.

"No need to drag, you just come up with a story and I'll corroborate it." Aid another on Bluff She picks one of the dwarves up, her armor and clothing hiding well worked muscles underneath. "Let's minimize how many people know about this. We should go back to the Enumerator."


Female human occultist 7 HP 52, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F10/R7/W9, CMD 20

Katria agrees, thinking bringing the group to the enumerator makes the most sense.

"I think saying they were drunk makes sense," she agrees. "Or maybe inebriated, in case someone doesn't smell alcohol on them. Perhaps we can pour some on them just to be safe..."

Anyone want any of that loot?


Halfling Court Bard 7 | HP 52/52 | AC 21, T 16, FF 18 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +11, W +9* | Init +3 | Perc +10
Resources:
BP 18/21 Rounds, Spells - 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 2/4, 3rd: 2/2

"Hmm," Maya says, thinking over what to say if the group is asked about their unusual cargo. "I'll think of something as we go. Best not to waste time, and maybe we'll get lucky and people will be too off put to ask us about them. Definitely should steer clear of town guards, though."

I guess Amelia and Doritan can each carry one and the rest of us can carry the third? I kind of think a cart would be more incognito. They're in an alleyway at the moment, so we could probably retrieve one without much issue, then cover the trio with a blanket or something so people don't notice anything amiss. But if most people prefer just carrying them, that's fine too. Maya will make up an excuse if we're stopped and questioned about them.

As for loot, Maya doesn't want any. Probably should give the cure, barkskin, and bull's strength potions to Amelia or Doritan. The rest we can probably sell if no one wants them.


Female human occultist 7 HP 52, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F10/R7/W9, CMD 20

Agreed the cart would probably make more sense. Also think that loot plan makes sense.


Dandy 7 - HP 60/60 - AC 23 - T 15 - F 20 - CMD 26 (+2 Dis) - Init +3 (+4 Urb) - F+9 (+4 End) - R+10 - W+5 - Perc +11 (+4/+2 Nat, +4 Urb) - SM +12 (+4/+2 Nat) - 1st 2/2 - 2nd 1/2 - Defiant 1/1 - Luck 1/3

I'll mark up 1 Barkskin, 1 Bull's, 1 Cure Serious from that pile. The dwarves each have a set so both Doritan and I can take them.

Amelia puts the dwarf hanging off her shoulder, then realizes his feet aren't touching the ground. "I was hoping to make it look like he was staggering back but well..." She looks around for a cart and flashes some coin to anyone who was interested.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22


Halfling Court Bard 7 | HP 52/52 | AC 21, T 16, FF 18 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +11, W +9* | Init +3 | Perc +10
Resources:
BP 18/21 Rounds, Spells - 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 2/4, 3rd: 2/2

Once she's confident the trio of cultists are immobilized for the moment, Maya joins Amelia in seeking out a cart. The bard adds her words to Amelia's own.

Automatic Aid Another


Amelia and Maya are able to find a man willing to lend them a cart for a mere 1 gp. You load the unconscious cultists into it and start making your way back to the Enumerator's hiding place.

You haven't got far before one of Liam's agents comes running up. "I have news. Just a short while ago, Earl Merkondus dispatched the Kozan Bravos to ambush you. They heard about the disturbance at the tavern and are on their way now!"


M Half-Elf Cleric 7 | HP 52/52 | AC 27 T 15 FF 24 | F+11 R+9 W+13 (+2 vs enchantment) | Init +3 | Perception +13 | Performance 17/17 | Channel 4/4 | Active: Shield, Barkskin, Good Hope, FoM

"Well done. Get somewhere safe. We will handle this."
Liam casts Good Hope and Moment of Greatness on the party, and Shield on himself.

"Let's plan to try to talk our way out of this if we can, but we may have to fight. Let them take the first shot, we are in a public space and it needs to be clear we are defending ourselves."

The mention of Kozan again makes Liam think of his family.
I wonder if Father ever crossed paths with these ruffians when they were younger? He'd have tried to set them on the straight and narrow with a sermon about Honor and Virtue and the Acts of Iomedae... probably losing their attention somewhere in the middle of the Second Battle of Encarthan... now, if they ran into Mother it would be either very good or very bad depending on how respectful they were to her. Like running into a Fey queen.
I hope they are well. I hope they can be proud of what I am doing here. Honor and virtue, but also freedom from tyranny.


Female human occultist 7 HP 52, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F10/R7/W9, CMD 20

"Normally I think talking our way out of it would make sense, but in this case, shouldn't we want them to attack us? If we get the opportunity to capture and question them too..." Katria suggests.

She casts heightened awareness on herself, hoping it will leave her ready to spot their attackers.


M Half-Elf Cleric 7 | HP 52/52 | AC 27 T 15 FF 24 | F+11 R+9 W+13 (+2 vs enchantment) | Init +3 | Perception +13 | Performance 17/17 | Channel 4/4 | Active: Shield, Barkskin, Good Hope, FoM

"We're gonna need a bigger cart."


Halfling Court Bard 7 | HP 52/52 | AC 21, T 16, FF 18 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +11, W +9* | Init +3 | Perc +10
Resources:
BP 18/21 Rounds, Spells - 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 2/4, 3rd: 2/2

Maya scratches her head at the situation before commenting, "Think we might be biting off more than we can chew if we try to capture these cultists and all the Kozan Bravos. We should probably interrogate or capture them at some point, but I think it might be prudent to try negotiating our way past them this time. We only know they heard of the disturbance and are headed this way. We can throw a blanket over the cultists and try talking to the Bravos. If it leads to a fight, so be it, but I'd rather not fight if we can help it."


Dandy 7 - HP 60/60 - AC 23 - T 15 - F 20 - CMD 26 (+2 Dis) - Init +3 (+4 Urb) - F+9 (+4 End) - R+10 - W+5 - Perc +11 (+4/+2 Nat, +4 Urb) - SM +12 (+4/+2 Nat) - 1st 2/2 - 2nd 1/2 - Defiant 1/1 - Luck 1/3

Amelia smiles at Liam's quip, but then goes straight faced when the level headed halfling talks, "I agree with Maya, let's see what they have to say and if they have nothing to say then we can engage them. I would love for one of them to slip up and implicate themselves or our lovely friend." She looks about for a cover for the cart and swings a dusty old carpet from the trash onto them coughing as the gray particles fill the air nearby, "... Don't look at me like that. They won't miss it."


Female human occultist 7 HP 52, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F10/R7/W9, CMD 20

Katria nods, willing to let those with more experience at this sort of thing lead the way. Fair enough.


You continue on down the road, and as expected, it isn't long before the Kozan Bravos emerge from a nearby side street. The five mercenaries bear down on you with weapons drawn. "You shouldn't have stuck your noses where they don't belong," snarls their leader, Lieutenant Grammell Taychar. He is a stern man in a breastplate. There's also a grimy woman wielding a greatsword who wears the holy symbol of Gorum, a tall, severe-looking woman in fine clothes, and a man and woman in half-plate who have a familial resemblance.


Female human occultist 7 HP 52, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F10/R7/W9, CMD 20

"You mean, stopping the murder of the Enumerator?" Katria replies (though she stays behind Doritan, Liam and Amelia.

She looks around to make sure it's just the five arrayed against them.

Do they have weapons out? Can you tell us a bit more about what (visible) gear they have?

Perception (+resonant power, Liam's aid, heightened awareness): 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 27

Also, reminder that if/when we roll initiative, I'll dismiss heightened awareness to get a +4 on that check.


M Half-Elf Cleric 7 | HP 52/52 | AC 27 T 15 FF 24 | F+11 R+9 W+13 (+2 vs enchantment) | Init +3 | Perception +13 | Performance 17/17 | Channel 4/4 | Active: Shield, Barkskin, Good Hope, FoM

Good Hope is also up for another +2 on that Perception.
Liam keeps quiet. He knows that he could feign innocence and say there is no need for a fight... but his Bluff isn't that good. There is totally a need for a fight.

Any Gorumite worthy of the name is not going to be intimidated into backing down. She must be happy to no longer need to pretend to investigate the actual problems... Gorumites are at least direct and honest in their priorities and actions, generally not fond of deception and subterfuge.

2,951 to 3,000 of 3,030 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Brainiac's War for the Crown Table 2 Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.