DM Brainiac's War for the Crown: Table 2

Game Master Brainiac

Maps on Google Slides
Loot Spreadsheet


3,101 to 3,150 of 3,606 << first < prev | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | next > last >>

Female human occultist 9 HP 66, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F11/R8/W10, CMD 21

"I think ... based on what the masked man told us, we should investigate. I don't think we need to 'clear out' cultists, but if there's something more going on, we may need to figure out what it is..."

I vote for exploring; though we could also start by heading for the prisoner in case that's the first step to getting us more information or we end up having to retreat.


M Half-Elf Cleric 9 | HP 66/66 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | F+10 R+8 W+13 (+2 vs enchantment) | Init +3 | Perception +14 | Performance 16/21 | Channel 4/4 | Active: Resist Elec 20

"I don't see a need to eliminate all the cultists; rescuing the prisoner is ny priority. But we must be wary of being met on our way out by all of the cultists we bypassed. Invisibility could be worth a try if we know where to go."

No strong preference on what we do. I have parties where I am the tactician, but this is not one of them. Liam will go with the flow.


Dandy 9 - HP 76/76 - AC23 - T15 - F20 - CMD28 - Init+3 (+6 Urb) - F+10 (+4 End) - R+11 (Evasion) - W+6 - Perc+13 (+4/+2 Nat, +6 Urb) - SM+14 (+4/+2 Nat) - 1st 3/3 - 2nd 1/2 - Def 2/2 - Luck 3/3

Amelia scoffs at the comment, "Clear out. That makes them sound less than human. I think we should take this one step at a time and make an informed decision once we see the entire story. For now I think we should investigate and find our prince charming."


Halfling Court Bard 9 | HP 64/66| AC 21, T 16, FF 18 | CMD 18 | F +7, R +12, W +10* | Init +3 | Perc +10
Resources:
BP 24/26 Rounds, Spells - 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 3/6, 3rd: 3/4

"If we go ahead and rescue the so-called prince, he may be able to tell us more about what's going on around here. Some of the cultists could be pawns just like him. Plus, I'm not going to be able to get us out of here invisibly if I end up needing to use much magic before we get to him."

I'm fine with clearing out or going straight for the prince. That said, I probably do have a preference for going straight to the prince. We don't really know the scope of everything that's going on here, and if we need to make a quick exit, Maya's going to need most of her spell slots for us all to do so.


Doritan melds into the shadows as he sneaks downstairs to scout things out. A long hallway connects numerous doors in the basement of the Encircling Bower. It is made of mortarted stone and durable tile in various faded shades of green.

A lumbering construct sculpted from soft clay patrols the hallway. It resembles a squat humanoid with blunt, bare features. It doesn't notice Doritan yet.

Map updated.


Female human occultist 9 HP 66, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F11/R8/W10, CMD 21

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32 Based on his description? I typically rule it's a -5 for described creatures in my games but with that role, it probably doesn't matter. Otherwise can I hold on to that until I can see it? ...


When Doritan reports back, Katria recognizes the construct as a clay golem. Clay golems resist attacks from weapons except for those that are adamantine bludgeoning weapons. The damage they deal does not heal naturally and resists magical healing. They are immune to most spells that can be resisted, save for magical acid, which heals them, and a few spells that specifically effect earth and stone.


Female human occultist 9 HP 66, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F11/R8/W10, CMD 21

"That's very dangerous," she says. "And I'm not going to be able to do too much to help since it resists most magic, though I can make your weapons a little more effective against it for a minute." Can give them construct bane.


M Half-Elf Cleric 9 | HP 66/66 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | F+10 R+8 W+13 (+2 vs enchantment) | Init +3 | Perception +14 | Performance 16/21 | Channel 4/4 | Active: Resist Elec 20

"It's mindless, right? Perhaps we can lure it out of position with a distraction or an illusion. We don't necessarily have to fight it."

Pretty sure that golems' magic immunity does not matter against figment illusions, since those are SR: no.


Dandy 9 - HP 76/76 - AC23 - T15 - F20 - CMD28 - Init+3 (+6 Urb) - F+10 (+4 End) - R+11 (Evasion) - W+6 - Perc+13 (+4/+2 Nat, +6 Urb) - SM+14 (+4/+2 Nat) - 1st 3/3 - 2nd 1/2 - Def 2/2 - Luck 3/3

Pretty much. Golem Immunity is treated as SR: Infinity for most intents and purposes. Figments are also effective. I can't do too much here. I'm of the impression out of character that we definitely should not fight it if we can trick it. Working a 14 hour day will post later.


Halfling Court Bard 9 | HP 64/66| AC 21, T 16, FF 18 | CMD 18 | F +7, R +12, W +10* | Init +3 | Perc +10
Resources:
BP 24/26 Rounds, Spells - 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 3/6, 3rd: 3/4

Maya recently acquired Major Image, so that could probably be used to get the golem's attention. She might can maintain concentration while the rest of y'all break out the prisoner.


Female human occultist 9 HP 66, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F11/R8/W10, CMD 21

"I can at least figure out which cell we're looking at," Katria says with a sudden start. "At least if the doors have bars or windows..."

Unless Doritan is sure they don't, I'll send a minds eye out to investigate.


Dandy 9 - HP 76/76 - AC23 - T15 - F20 - CMD28 - Init+3 (+6 Urb) - F+10 (+4 End) - R+11 (Evasion) - W+6 - Perc+13 (+4/+2 Nat, +6 Urb) - SM+14 (+4/+2 Nat) - 1st 3/3 - 2nd 1/2 - Def 2/2 - Luck 3/3

K: Arcana: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

She knows nothing about it from the description, but thankfully she knows that Katria would be more than happy to explain what it is in due time. "What is it and is it worth fighting? Can you scan the area with that magic spell of yours and see what hides behind it?"

Perception (Stand Guard): 1d20 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 4 = 22

The dandy remains vigilant as best she can.


Katria's mind's eye floats through the lower level, revealing what lies beyond the doors.

L12: This cramped, unlit room is lined with shelves and filled with lumber, jars of paint, rolled tapestries, and other materials for constructing sets and props.

L13: This square room has a musty, unpleasant smell. A scarred wooden table surrounded by wooden chairs is shoved into the room’s northwestern corner. The southeast corner contains several pallets of straw jumbled together like a nest. A target hangs on the back of the wooden door in the east wall. A wooden door in the south wall has a small barred window and a heavy bar to keep it closed.

Four wererats and an aasimar cultist sit around the table, playing a card game.

L14: This jail cell has floor-to-ceiling iron bars running from the west wall to the east wall to separate off the room’s northern edge. A padlocked cell door in the bars is framed in iron. The cell is a gruesome affair, strewn with moldy straw and a leaky bucket overflowing with foul fluids. A frightened young woman who looks to be barely out of her teens is held inside the cell.

L15: This simple bedroom has low dressers and shelves stuffed with reference books, scrolls, and bottles of alchemical reagents.

L16: This wide stone chamber contains several low tables, crates of equipment, and barrels of oddsmelling liquids. Beakers of bubbling liquids and translucent balloons of multicolored gases are scattered across the tables. Wooden doors stand in the north, east, and west walls; next to the east door is a large metal plate and a lever in the down position.

A startlingly unattractive dwarven woman works here, accompanied by an amorphous, incorporeal shape that floats in the air.

L17: This deep stone room has sides slick with stains. Wooden doors to the west and north are scarred and grooved, as though with acid.

L18: Lavish tapestries cover the walls of this large, stone-walled room. A simple altar stands in the center of the north wall, and a table with a few chairs occupies an alcove to the east. In the west end of the room is a large wooden platform beneath a trap door in the ceiling. Hanging on a metal pivot arm near the trap door is an enormous, brightly polished mirror. Doors lead out of this room to the west, south, and east; the door to the east is barred.

The cult leader Vaddrigan Pol is here, along with another aasimar.

L19: An enormous, luxurious bed fills most of this small room. A narrow writing desk and chair stand next to the bed.

L20: This room contains a jail cell with a simple bed and a small table with a tray of half-eaten food. Floor-to-ceiling iron bars running from the north wall to the south wall separate the cell from a small entryway on the west edge of the room.

A young man lays on a cot, staring dully at the ceiling above. He matches the description the agents gave you of "Prince Carrius."


M Half-Elf Cleric 9 | HP 66/66 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | F+10 R+8 W+13 (+2 vs enchantment) | Init +3 | Perception +14 | Performance 16/21 | Channel 4/4 | Active: Resist Elec 20

Assuming she reveals what she sees...
"Well done, Katria! That is a most useful ability. Knowledge is a powerful weapon.
It sounds like they have at least two prisoners. While I know 'Prince Carrius' is the subject of our mission, I do not wish to leave the young girl behind. We'd have to go through the wererats and aasimar cultist to get to her.
If she is in the room in the SW corner. And we'd have to go through Vaddrigan Pol and another aasimar to get to Prince Carrius.
I think this is going to be a fight. But at least we know where they are."

Liam casts Barkskin on Doritan, then uses his Pearl of Power to recall the spell and cast it on Amelia. +3 enhancement bonus to natural armor.
He casts Shield of Faith on both as well (using his 1st-level Pearl). +3 deflection bonus, I think you both have +2 rings so net +1 increase.


Female human occultist 9 HP 66, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F11/R8/W10, CMD 21

I think that's a safe assumption.

Katria agrees with Liam.

"If we can get to the doors, I could probably trap them so the first person to touch it is blasted," she says. "It's not nice, but neither is what they're doing. But we'd need to find some way to deal with the golem, too. Of course, do we want to just resort to violence? If they are just con men, perhaps we can reason with them. I could simply bar their doors. But the masked man made it sound like they're more. And two people prisoner?"

Can finally use node of blasting; vanish from Maya should last long enough for me to hit all three doors, and I could dismiss them if I have to. I could also/instead use hold portal, especially on the doors to L-16, since it sounds like we don't have to go in there. I could do two of them on two doors at a time while we hit the remaining area, though that might be pushing the limits of vanish. And still leaves us with the golem to contend with. We could try to trick it into L-12 and I could bar that door...


M Half-Elf Cleric 9 | HP 66/66 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | F+10 R+8 W+13 (+2 vs enchantment) | Init +3 | Perception +14 | Performance 16/21 | Channel 4/4 | Active: Resist Elec 20

"If they can convince people this really is Prince Carrius, then the payoff for their con could be the throne of Taldor. I don't know how we could reason with them to stop on their own when they stand to gain so much profit. But I am open to ideas."


Dandy 9 - HP 76/76 - AC23 - T15 - F20 - CMD28 - Init+3 (+6 Urb) - F+10 (+4 End) - R+11 (Evasion) - W+6 - Perc+13 (+4/+2 Nat, +6 Urb) - SM+14 (+4/+2 Nat) - 1st 3/3 - 2nd 1/2 - Def 2/2 - Luck 3/3

Taking Liam's magic Amelia stretches, the bark feeling uncomfortable initially. "There is nothing wrong with a trap Katria, underhanded tactics for underhanded foes." She lets out a mirthless laugh, "I don't think they would want to talk. Liam is probably right, the payoff and the power is more than we can offer or even pretend to."

She looks at her rings to avoid eye contact, "I think we need to rescue the young girl as well. I will not budge on that."


Halfling Court Bard 9 | HP 64/66| AC 21, T 16, FF 18 | CMD 18 | F +7, R +12, W +10* | Init +3 | Perc +10
Resources:
BP 24/26 Rounds, Spells - 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 3/6, 3rd: 3/4

Maya sighs and says, "Sounds like we still have a few fights ahead of us. I think we should try to avoid fighting the golem, though. I can distract it with an elaborate illusion if there's somewhere we could trap it or lead it away to."


Female human occultist 9 HP 66, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F11/R8/W10, CMD 21

Katria agrees.

"I think that storeroom is our best bet. Should I try to lock the doors before? I can get all three if you can make me invisible for 30 seconds, I think..."


Halfling Court Bard 9 | HP 64/66| AC 21, T 16, FF 18 | CMD 18 | F +7, R +12, W +10* | Init +3 | Perc +10
Resources:
BP 24/26 Rounds, Spells - 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 3/6, 3rd: 3/4

Maya nods at Katria's implied question. "Yes, I can make you invisible for plenty of time. I don't think we'll need a stealthy exit after we're done here."

Maya will cast Invisibility on Katria whenever she's ready for it.


Female human occultist 9 HP 66, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F11/R8/W10, CMD 21

Once she's invisible, Katria gulps nervously and -- trying her best to avoid the golem -- creeps forward to seal as many doors as she can.

Stealth (untrained): 1d20 + 3 - 1 - 2 + 20 ⇒ (19) + 3 - 1 - 2 + 20 = 39 Phew. Good time for a good roll...

Quick stats:

HP 59/52 (inc. +7 from transmutation focus
AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 18, CMD 20
Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +9
Speed: 30 feet
Inspiration (Knowledge/Linguistics/Spellcraft checks): 0/4
Mental Focus: 14; Abjuration [3/3]; Divination [1/3]; Enchantment [4/4]; Transmutation [4/4]
Resonant powers (+1 saves; +2 Perception, low-light vision; +2 Charisma
checks; +2 Con)
Spells/day: 1st [x][][][][]; 2nd [][][][]; 3rd [][]
Wands: Scorching ray 23/23; lightning bolt 20/20; magic missile 47/47
Effects: heightened awareness

I have four hold portals available; do I need to use two for the double doors, GM? That'll affect things. Also whether I can get around the golem -- otherwise I'll probably have to time it when he's at the far end, so I might not be able to get L-17.

Players, which room do we want to try to enter first -- I probably won't seal or put a node on that one. That would also let me seal L-12 if we want to try to trick the golem into there.


M Half-Elf Cleric 9 | HP 66/66 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | F+10 R+8 W+13 (+2 vs enchantment) | Init +3 | Perception +14 | Performance 16/21 | Channel 4/4 | Active: Resist Elec 20

I would try to go for L18, the room with Vaddrigan Pol, first. If he is the leader I would rather face him first rather than after being depleted by other fights.


The double doors require only one hold portal spell.


Female human occultist 9 HP 66, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F11/R8/W10, CMD 21

OK; just waiting for other players to weigh in.


Halfling Court Bard 9 | HP 64/66| AC 21, T 16, FF 18 | CMD 18 | F +7, R +12, W +10* | Init +3 | Perc +10
Resources:
BP 24/26 Rounds, Spells - 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 3/6, 3rd: 3/4

I agree with Liam. I would go ahead and seal the doors to L13 and L16, then see if we can lure the golem into L12 and seal those too.


Dandy 9 - HP 76/76 - AC23 - T15 - F20 - CMD28 - Init+3 (+6 Urb) - F+10 (+4 End) - R+11 (Evasion) - W+6 - Perc+13 (+4/+2 Nat, +6 Urb) - SM+14 (+4/+2 Nat) - 1st 3/3 - 2nd 1/2 - Def 2/2 - Luck 3/3

Could work. I'm up for a more sneaky approach. I rarely get the chance to do so in many of my games. I'll be willing to lure the golem if you don't want to use an image, with Total Defense and Liam's buffs I should be more than capable. As for strategy I think we rescue the young girl first before they use her for some kind of leverage; but I'm fine if you want to Hold Portal the doors and just kind of leave them stuck while we deal with Vaddrigan.


Female human occultist 9 HP 66, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F11/R8/W10, CMD 21

Sounds good. That's the plan then, GM, assuming the golem's positioning allows it. Hold portal and node of blasting on the doors to L-13, L-16 and if I can get there L-17. Stealth roll was 39, inc. invisibility.

Katria gulps nervous as she edges into the hall, keeping her eye on the golem.


Male Human Stalker Vigilante 8 HP 67/67; AC 21, 17 FF, 16 T; Saves +7 Fort, +12 Ref, +10 Will; +4 Init; +18 Per, Active Effects: None

Doritan makes his way into position slowly, keeping his sword drawn and ready to fight.

Stealth: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (15) + 17 = 32


Katria slips past the patrolling golem, who remains oblivious to her presence. She places wards on several doors before opening the door to the small storeroom. That's when Doritan steps out of hiding, attracting the golem's attention. The construct wordlessly stomps in pursuit of the vigilante, following him into the room. Doritan dives through the golem's legs and slips out the door, slamming it shut moments before Katria seals it. The golem pounds on the door with its heavy fists, but it appears to be unable to break free--at least, for now!

The DC to force the door is now 28, and the highest roll the golem can get is 27! You're safe--until the spell expires at least. :)


Female human occultist 9 HP 66, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F11/R8/W10, CMD 21

"I think the door should hold," Katria's hushed voice says, seemingly coming from nowhere as she remains invisible. "I guess we should go talk to Pol now? We should probably try to get some answers, too. We may even need to bring him to the council or the church."


M Half-Elf Cleric 9 | HP 66/66 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | F+10 R+8 W+13 (+2 vs enchantment) | Init +3 | Perception +14 | Performance 16/21 | Channel 4/4 | Active: Resist Elec 20

"What could he have to say for himself? He will dissemble and deceive, I think. And he may have magic to make his lies more convincing.
I will go talk to him, but Katria, I think you should be examining his enchantments while we do that."


Female human occultist 9 HP 66, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F11/R8/W10, CMD 21

Katria nods. She waits a moment and then realizes no one can see her do that.

"I will," she agrees. "And he may dissemble and deceive, but we still might learn something that way."


Halfling Court Bard 9 | HP 64/66| AC 21, T 16, FF 18 | CMD 18 | F +7, R +12, W +10* | Init +3 | Perc +10
Resources:
BP 24/26 Rounds, Spells - 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 3/6, 3rd: 3/4

"We need to be ready for a fight," Maya adds. "And I highly doubt we'll be able to bring him with us, unless it's as a corpse. In any case, we need to do this now. Those doors aren't going to hold forever, and I can't imagine the golem's pounding has gone unnoticed by those in the nearby rooms."


Dandy 9 - HP 76/76 - AC23 - T15 - F20 - CMD28 - Init+3 (+6 Urb) - F+10 (+4 End) - R+11 (Evasion) - W+6 - Perc+13 (+4/+2 Nat, +6 Urb) - SM+14 (+4/+2 Nat) - 1st 3/3 - 2nd 1/2 - Def 2/2 - Luck 3/3

Amelia watches in amazement as the plan seems to be working, "Well, colour me surprised." She begins to strut over to where Katria's voice came from pulling out her pick, "I agree with Maya, we can't wait. Time ticks and these noises won't be hidden for long." She starts in the direction of Pol's room before stopping and turning back, "I won't kill him if I can avoid it, but like I said, if its him or us, it will be him."


You quickly move down the hallway and open the door to the room containing Vaddrigan Pol and his fellow aasimar. Both men suddenly stand up as you enter, the former's silver eyes blazing with anger. "Who are you? What is the meaning of this intrusion?" he demands.


Female human occultist 9 HP 66, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F11/R8/W10, CMD 21

Katria maintains her silence but invisibly begins searching them for magic.


M Half-Elf Cleric 9 | HP 66/66 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | F+10 R+8 W+13 (+2 vs enchantment) | Init +3 | Perception +14 | Performance 16/21 | Channel 4/4 | Active: Resist Elec 20

"I think you know who we are. We are the emissaries of Princess Eutropia here in Yanmass. I am Liam of Kozan, servant of the Everbloom and foe of tyranny.
Members of your 'organization' attempted to assassinate Enumerator Abrun. They confessed the nature of your trickery. And that you keep a lookalike of the late Prince Carrius locked and drugged.
That ends now. I offer you one chance to depart this city in peace with no prisoners, reflect on your crimes, and seek a better path in life."


Halfling Court Bard 9 | HP 64/66| AC 21, T 16, FF 18 | CMD 18 | F +7, R +12, W +10* | Init +3 | Perc +10
Resources:
BP 24/26 Rounds, Spells - 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 3/6, 3rd: 3/4

Maya considers adding something to Liam's statement, but he pretty much summed things up. Her left hand fidgets on her sheathed rapier and she looks back at the hallway for any sign that someone has broken out of their rooms.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Just keeping look out for now.


Katria notices several magic auras on Pol and his crony, but it will take more concentration to learn more about them. Maya doesn't see any reinforcements coming.

Vaddrigan laughs. "Oh, you foolish people. You do not even realize the enormity of what I am trying to accomplish here. I seek nothing short of immortality, and I will not allow the likes of you to get in my way." A talisman around the aasimar's neck glows, speeding his reflexes as he prepares to attack!

Initiative:
Amelia: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Doritan: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Liam: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Katria: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Maya: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Enemies: 1d20 + 5 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 5 = 19

Amelia and Liam may act before the enemies!


Female human occultist 9 HP 66, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F11/R8/W10, CMD 21

Guess I won't find out what those are until later. Solved the question of whether we attack or not, though. :)


M Half-Elf Cleric 9 | HP 66/66 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | F+10 R+8 W+13 (+2 vs enchantment) | Init +3 | Perception +14 | Performance 16/21 | Channel 4/4 | Active: Resist Elec 20

"Ah, you are delusional. For Yanmass!"
Liam begins INSPIRE COURAGE +2, holding aloft the Standard of Conquest.
Has the Good Hope expired? It lasts 8 minutes. If it has expired, the Standard gives +2 morale to all saves at least.

He also readies to counterspell with Dispel Magic if Vaddrigan casts a spell.

Readied Action:

Dispel Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


Dandy 9 - HP 76/76 - AC23 - T15 - F20 - CMD28 - Init+3 (+6 Urb) - F+10 (+4 End) - R+11 (Evasion) - W+6 - Perc+13 (+4/+2 Nat, +6 Urb) - SM+14 (+4/+2 Nat) - 1st 3/3 - 2nd 1/2 - Def 2/2 - Luck 3/3

Amelia looks toward Pol and his companions, there was no turning this man, he only understood one thing.

Letting out a howl, she casts a spell and suddenly her eyes pulse red.

Casting Sense Vitals, gaining +2d6 Sneak Attack for 7 rounds.

She moves up a little, drawing her weapon.


Good hope is still ongoing.

Vaddrigan backs into the corner of the room and stares intently at Amelia, disorienting her and sapping her willpower. He focuses on a psychic spell, but Liam counters it with a successful dispel magic!

The other cultist moves near the altar and tries to compel Amelia to feel unadulterated loathing towards Vaddrigan, hoping to make his presence sickening to her.

Amelia takes a -3 penalty on attack rolls, Will saves, and the DCs of any of her spells or spell-like abilities. She must make a DC 18 Will save or be affected by unadulterated loathing towards Vaddrigan. This is a mind-affecting compulsion effect. Everybody may act!


Female human occultist 9 HP 66, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F11/R8/W10, CMD 21

Ooh, high-level mesmerist...

Quick stats:

HP 59/52 (inc. +7 from transmutation focus
AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 18, CMD 20
Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +9
Speed: 30 feet
Inspiration (Knowledge/Linguistics/Spellcraft checks): 0/4
Mental Focus: 14; Abjuration [3/3]; Divination [1/3]; Enchantment [4/4]; Transmutation [3/4]
Resonant powers (+1 saves; +2 Perception, low-light vision; +2 Charisma
checks; +2 Con)
Spells/day: 1st [x][x][x][x][x]; 2nd [x][x][x][x]; 3rd [][]
Wands: Scorching ray 23/23; lightning bolt 20/20; magic missile 47/47
Effects: heightened awareness

"Wait a second," Katria whispers as she reaches out to touch Doritan's weapon and imbue it with power. "OK, now go!" Using legacy weapon to add +1 outsider bane to Doritan's weapon.

Then, still invisible, she moves farther into the room and pulls her wand of scorching ray.


Halfling Court Bard 9 | HP 64/66| AC 21, T 16, FF 18 | CMD 18 | F +7, R +12, W +10* | Init +3 | Perc +10
Resources:
BP 24/26 Rounds, Spells - 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 3/6, 3rd: 3/4

Maya begins her rondo before immediately focusing on Pol. He seemed to be by far the most dangerous of the two. If they could subdue him, perhaps the other would surrender or flee.

The bard casts a spell at Pol, hoping to minimize his effectiveness.

Blazing Rondo as a move action, Haste for everyone. Casting Blindness on Vaddrigan, DC 18 Fort Save or be blinded.


Dandy 9 - HP 76/76 - AC23 - T15 - F20 - CMD28 - Init+3 (+6 Urb) - F+10 (+4 End) - R+11 (Evasion) - W+6 - Perc+13 (+4/+2 Nat, +6 Urb) - SM+14 (+4/+2 Nat) - 1st 3/3 - 2nd 1/2 - Def 2/2 - Luck 3/3

Will Save: 1d20 + 5 - 3 + 2 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 5 - 3 + 2 + 8 = 20 Burning a Luck point to not be knocked out of the fight

The dandy looks at Pol and hears the spell being cast, she almost gets nauseated at the thought of him but as luck would have it, there is a torn girl's ribbon in the corner of the room. Her indignation seems to muster her on.

"You're cowards you know!"

She moves quickly to Pol and strikes as hard as she can.

If he gets Blinded this will hurt.

Attack, Charge! 2H PA: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 3 = 28
Damage: 1d6 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 17 + 2 = 21
Sneak Attack?: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7

Sense Vitals, 6 rounds left.


M Half-Elf Cleric 9 | HP 66/66 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | F+10 R+8 W+13 (+2 vs enchantment) | Init +3 | Perception +14 | Performance 16/21 | Channel 4/4 | Active: Resist Elec 20

Liam moves and readies to cast Admonishing Ray at the cultist near the altar the next time he tries to cast a spell.

Readied Action:

Attacks take a -4 if someone is in melee with the enemy when the readied attack happens, or -8 if that someone is also providing cover. I have moved so that Doritan has a spot to attack from where he will not provide cover, if he chooses to go after that one.
Two bolts of force shoot out to slap the mesmerist.
Ranged Touch, IC +2, Good Hope +2, Haste +1: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 21
Damage, IC +2, Good Hope +2: 4d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4, 6, 5, 2) + 2 + 2 = 21
Ranged Touch, IC +2, Good Hope +2, Haste +1: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 31
Damage, IC +2, Good Hope +2: 4d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2, 5, 6, 2) + 2 + 2 = 19


Male Human Stalker Vigilante 8 HP 67/67; AC 21, 17 FF, 16 T; Saves +7 Fort, +12 Ref, +10 Will; +4 Init; +18 Per, Active Effects: None

Doritan nods in thanks to Katria as his weapon is empowered,then turns his gaze towards the aasimar. He rushes forward, stepping past Amelia and shoving the cult leader into the wall as he takes up his position.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 33
Up Close and Personal, Power attack: 1d20 + 15 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 15 + 3 = 191d6 + 15 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 15 + 3 + (3, 4) = 28
Bonus damage: 4d4 ⇒ (1, 2, 2, 1) = 64d8 ⇒ (1, 5, 1, 4) = 11 Depending on if the Acrobatics check was successful.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (13) + 18 = 311d6 + 18 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 18 + (5, 4) = 32
bonus damage if blinded: 4d8 ⇒ (7, 1, 4, 8) = 20

The same fate befalls the cultist if Vaddrigan is already dead, just without the Bane.


Fortitude: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Vaddrigan cries out in alarm as Maya's spell robs him of his sight! Katria bolsters Doritan's weapon moments before the vigilante rushes in to battle. He pushes past the cult leader, but as he swings his sword, three identical duplicates of Pol appear! The momentary confusion causes his first attack to miss, and his second one cleaves apart one of the illusory doubles.

Mirror Image: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Amelia's attack likewise destroys a mirror image, leaving Vaddrigan with a single duplicate remaining.

Mirror Image: 1d3 ⇒ 3

Vaddrigan tries to concentrate on casting a spell defensively, but he snarls as he loses his focus.

Concentration (Cast Defensively) DC 19: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17

As the other aasimar begins to cast a spell, Liam blasts him with rays of force, knocking him against the wall and causing him to crumple to the floor!

Which Door (West, North)?: 1d2 ⇒ 1

Vaddrigan begins shouting for help, but at least for the moment, nobody arrives...

Everybody may act!

3,101 to 3,150 of 3,606 << first < prev | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Brainiac's War for the Crown Table 2 Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.