DM Brainiac's War for the Crown: Table 2

Game Master Brainiac

Maps on Google Slides
Loot Spreadsheet


3,051 to 3,100 of 3,589 << first < prev | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | next > last >>

Female human occultist 9 HP 66, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F11/R8/W10, CMD 21

"Who are you?" Katria blurts out, then realizes what he said. "And how do you know we heard a false priest's confession?"


"Who I am is unimportant. As are the other events happening in Yanmass. They are merely distractions. The cult is the true danger."


Female human occultist 9 HP 66, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F11/R8/W10, CMD 21

"What do you mean?" Katria replies. "It sounds like it's nothing more than a scam, or perhaps a con..."


"There is more at work than you realize. The abomination must be destroyed."


Dandy 9 - HP 76/76 - AC23 - T15 - F20 - CMD28 - Init+3 (+6 Urb) - F+10 (+4 End) - R+11 (Evasion) - W+6 - Perc+13 (+4/+2 Nat, +6 Urb) - SM+14 (+4/+2 Nat) - 1st 3/3 - 2nd 1/2 - Def 2/2 - Luck 3/3

Amelia snorts, "Hard to trust someone who masks their identity." She waves her hand in the air, "So yes, who you are is important." She sizes the newcomer up, "Who's to say this isn't a scheme or ploy to get us to deal with something while another injustice happens right below our noses? Hells, you didn't even give us a name."

She crosses her arms but they are crossed awfully low, still within a quick snap to her weapons.

"You seem to know much about this cult; and why haven't you acted yet? This all reeks of schemes and I don't like it one bit." She lied of course but needed to keep appearances.

Unsure if they are a member of Nobility but if so I do get my Favored Nation in this conversation; if you'd like to keep that secret just giving you a heads up before I inadvertently ask every roll.


M Half-Elf Cleric 9 | HP 66/66 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | F+10 R+8 W+13 (+2 vs enchantment) | Init +3 | Perception +14 | Performance 17/21 | Channel 4/4 | Active: Resist Elec 20

Liam keeps quiet.
While he doesn't take orders from this strange individual, he also sees no need to provoke a fight.
A mask? Another Night Swan, perhaps. I escaped that meeting with my honor and my life, but why push my luck?


Halfling Court Bard 9 | HP 57/66| AC 21, T 16, FF 18 | CMD 18 | F +7, R +12, W +10* | Init +3 | Perc +10
Resources:
BP 24/26 Rounds, Spells - 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 2/6, 3rd: 4/4

Maya rolls her eyes at the masked man. It seems her thoughts are much the same as Amelia's.

"We'll deal with the cult, but it's far too soon to say anyone needs to be 'destroyed.' Arrested? Certainly. Killed? Perhaps. Destroyed? Seems a bit extreme. We'll know soon enough. Unless you intend to come with us, please do not interfere with our efforts."

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (5) + 23 = 28 Seeing if the man is telling the truth.


Amelia does not recognize the masked man's build or voice. If he is a member of the nobility, it's one she is unfamiliar with.

Maya does not sense any deception from the intense man.

The man sighs heavily. "I have said what needs to be said. The rest is on you." Without another word, he turns and begins to walk away.


Male Human Stalker Vigilante 8 HP 67/67; AC 21, 17 FF, 16 T; Saves +7 Fort, +12 Ref, +10 Will; +4 Init; +18 Per, Active Effects: None

Doritan, with a silent glance at the others, slips after the man, trying to follow unnoticed.

Stealth: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22


Halfling Court Bard 9 | HP 57/66| AC 21, T 16, FF 18 | CMD 18 | F +7, R +12, W +10* | Init +3 | Perc +10
Resources:
BP 24/26 Rounds, Spells - 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 2/6, 3rd: 4/4

Maya considers trying to stop Doritan from following but decides against it. She's likely to ruin any chance he has if she tries to call out to him.


Doritan doesn't get very far before the man suddenly disappears! This is no mere invisibility--it seems he has teleported away.


Female human occultist 9 HP 66, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F11/R8/W10, CMD 21

Katria concentrats and sends a sensor to follow the man, though it does her no more good than Doritan's efforts do.

"Well, that was ... unusual," Katria says. "He seemed to know a lot about what was happening, to be here just as we were leaving. I guess we maybe need to see if there is more to the cult than just a con? It's probably still easiest if we take Vaddrigan Pol into custody."


M Half-Elf Cleric 9 | HP 66/66 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | F+10 R+8 W+13 (+2 vs enchantment) | Init +3 | Perception +14 | Performance 17/21 | Channel 4/4 | Active: Resist Elec 20

"Someone who feels passionately, but was unwilling to share any information with us."
Liam sounds annoyed.

"Maybe somebody trying to use us or manipulate us. Let's continue with our plans."


Dandy 9 - HP 76/76 - AC23 - T15 - F20 - CMD28 - Init+3 (+6 Urb) - F+10 (+4 End) - R+11 (Evasion) - W+6 - Perc+13 (+4/+2 Nat, +6 Urb) - SM+14 (+4/+2 Nat) - 1st 3/3 - 2nd 1/2 - Def 2/2 - Luck 3/3

Amelia looks around for any bootmarks on the firm ground, but is shocked when Doritan and Katria have that look on their face. "Travelling with you all, does it always involved masked men with strange agendas?" She chuckles, "Normally that only comes during an evening of dancing and debauchery."


Male Human Stalker Vigilante 8 HP 67/67; AC 21, 17 FF, 16 T; Saves +7 Fort, +12 Ref, +10 Will; +4 Init; +18 Per, Active Effects: None

"Was he even human, do you know?" Doritan asks those that might be more in the know, then looks at Amelia with a sidelong amused glare and a grin, "Watch it. I resemble that remark."


Halfling Court Bard 9 | HP 57/66| AC 21, T 16, FF 18 | CMD 18 | F +7, R +12, W +10* | Init +3 | Perc +10
Resources:
BP 24/26 Rounds, Spells - 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 2/6, 3rd: 4/4

Maya shares Liam's annoyance and nods at his words. "Yes, let's proceed. And I agree it would be best if we can take Pol alive."


When you are ready, you head to the Encircling Bower, the theater from which the Cult of the Twilight Child operates.

Once an imposing circular edifice, the brick arches and stone ornaments of this large theater are now scarcely visible beneath climbing rose, grapevines, and ivy— and this jumbled mass of foliage may be the only thing preventing the venerable theater from simply collapsing. The circular building is 120 feet in diameter, 40 feet tall, and topped with a domed roof painted sky-blue with wispy white clouds. The stone marquee set between the two entrances bears the nearly illegible text: “The Encircling Bower Welcomes You into Its Embrace.”

A stout brick archway leads to a short passage into the theater ten feet wide. Stone ornaments on the brick are carved to look like leaves and branches, but an overgrown snarl of ivy makes the passage into a genuine leafy arbor. A similar archway stands on the opposite side of the theater.

A small door around the back of the building likely leads to the backstage area.

If You Arrive Outside of Ceremony Hours:
No guards are posted, but all the doors are locked.

If You Arrive During the Ceremony:
Audience members are slowly filing in through the entry passages. A single dwarf in robes and turban stands at each archway, ushering the audience inside and keeping watch for trouble.


M Half-Elf Cleric 9 | HP 66/66 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | F+10 R+8 W+13 (+2 vs enchantment) | Init +3 | Perception +14 | Performance 17/21 | Channel 4/4 | Active: Resist Elec 20

So it looks like we have a quorum for going in the morning.

"Doritan, can you open one of these doors? Perhaps the one around back?"


Dandy 9 - HP 76/76 - AC23 - T15 - F20 - CMD28 - Init+3 (+6 Urb) - F+10 (+4 End) - R+11 (Evasion) - W+6 - Perc+13 (+4/+2 Nat, +6 Urb) - SM+14 (+4/+2 Nat) - 1st 3/3 - 2nd 1/2 - Def 2/2 - Luck 3/3

Amelia moved about as quietly as she could. They were trying to be tactful... And hoped she would be able to avoid killing various people who came to the patronage of this church.

While she was cold, she cared for the little folk, even if she didn't outwardly show it.

Stealth: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19
Survival/Perception?: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18 Same bonus here

Well... Oops.

Moving around she looked for another route in, footsteps that may have ended in a wall or a window that seemed unlikely.


Amelia doesn't find any other entrances besides the three aforementioned doors.


Halfling Court Bard 9 | HP 57/66| AC 21, T 16, FF 18 | CMD 18 | F +7, R +12, W +10* | Init +3 | Perc +10
Resources:
BP 24/26 Rounds, Spells - 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 2/6, 3rd: 4/4

Fwiw, morning works for Maya as well. Night would be more dramatic... but morning is more practical.

Maya lets Amelia and Doritan lead the way on finding the best entrance. In the meantime, she considers how best to handle 'the prince,' if and when they find him. Hopefully this whole thing can be accomplished with as little violence - or at least loss of life - as possible.

Maya can cast Invisibility on someone if any of you want to do some scouting ahead, though I suppose the door opening would alert anyone inside if they're just beyond the door.


Dandy 9 - HP 76/76 - AC23 - T15 - F20 - CMD28 - Init+3 (+6 Urb) - F+10 (+4 End) - R+11 (Evasion) - W+6 - Perc+13 (+4/+2 Nat, +6 Urb) - SM+14 (+4/+2 Nat) - 1st 3/3 - 2nd 1/2 - Def 2/2 - Luck 3/3

May I recommend saving an Invisibility to extract the Prince if we encounter him? I don't know if I've encountered the invisibility in character yet.


Halfling Court Bard 9 | HP 57/66| AC 21, T 16, FF 18 | CMD 18 | F +7, R +12, W +10* | Init +3 | Perc +10
Resources:
BP 24/26 Rounds, Spells - 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 2/6, 3rd: 4/4

That works, too. If I don't use any second or third level spell slots, I should have enough for everyone plus him. I'm not sure if Amelia has, but Doritan definitely should have.


Dandy 9 - HP 76/76 - AC23 - T15 - F20 - CMD28 - Init+3 (+6 Urb) - F+10 (+4 End) - R+11 (Evasion) - W+6 - Perc+13 (+4/+2 Nat, +6 Urb) - SM+14 (+4/+2 Nat) - 1st 3/3 - 2nd 1/2 - Def 2/2 - Luck 3/3

"Seems like those doors are our only way in." She sighs and returns back, "We should be quick with our decision, this is more than obvious."

The woman begins to look for telltale signs that she is used to, her lucky number was important and every day brought something new.

Casting Lucky Number: 1d20 ⇒ 13

She felt pulled by the number 13, she wasn't sure why. Maybe it was the amount of screws on the nearby door, or the bushes she quickly glanced. There were 13 berries on it.


Female human occultist 9 HP 66, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F11/R8/W10, CMD 21

Katria casts heightened awareness on herself as they get ready to enter, hoping that gives her enough of an edge to spot any potential danger.

Quick stats:

HP 59/52 (inc. +7 from transmutation focus
AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 18, CMD 20
Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +9
Speed: 30 feet
Inspiration (Knowledge/Linguistics/Spellcraft checks): 0/4
Mental Focus: 14; Abjuration [3/3]; Divination [3/3]; Enchantment [4/4]; Transmutation [4/4]
Resonant powers (+1 saves; +2 Perception, low-light vision; +2 Charisma
checks; +2 Con)
Spells/day: 1st [x][][][][]; 2nd [][][][]; 3rd [][]
Wands: Scorching ray 23/23; lightning bolt 20/20; magic missile 47/47
Effects: heightened awareness

"Once we open a door, I can send a mind eye in," she reminds the others.

Let's listen and look for tracks at each, and if we don't detect any differences, just pick randomly. Door number: 1d3 ⇒ 3

Mind Eye (Sp):
As a standard action, you can expend 1 point of mental focus to create a mind eye—a magical sensor through which you can see and hear. The mind eye is invisible and its size is Fine, giving it an AC of 18. Any amount of damage to the eye destroys it, but it can be harmed by only spells or magic weapons. The eye moves with a fly speed of 60 feet with perfect maneuverability and can travel up to 1 mile away from you. You must concentrate as a standard action to direct the eye and receive sensory images through it. The mind eye sees as your eyes see, including any additional senses you possess (such as darkvision or see invisibility). The mind eye lasts for 1 minute per occultist level you possess. You must be at least 5th level to select this focus power.


Halfling Court Bard 9 | HP 57/66| AC 21, T 16, FF 18 | CMD 18 | F +7, R +12, W +10* | Init +3 | Perc +10
Resources:
BP 24/26 Rounds, Spells - 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 2/6, 3rd: 4/4

Maya nods at Katria's comment. "Let's hope they don't have sentries posted at every door, but odds are they will for this kind of operation. We should be ready for anything."

Maya will just draw her rapier before we go in. Since she's saving most of her slots, she'll hold onto her spells for now.

And door #3 sounds good to me. :)


Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25

Doritan unlocks the door to the backstage area and you slowly push it open. This backstage hall is ten feet wide and seventy feet long. Faded background screens and tattered curtains hang from rusted hooks and pulleys anchored into the brick walls. The hall is dizzyingly high, with catwalks and support beams twenty feet above the floor and another set fifteen feet higher, all barely visible in the darkness above. Several wooden doors lead off to the north and east, each with a small plaque so tarnished that any writing once there is entirely illegible. Four gaps in the south wall are shrouded with a curtain of tattered green velvet that extends from the support beams to brush the floor. To the west, a set of stone stairs winds downward, turning at a brick wall. Near the top of the stairs, a wide doorway has been completely sealed over with blank stone.

Unfortunately, two dwarves dressed in robes and turbans are patrolling the hall, and they notice the door opening. With a cry, they move to attack!

Initiative:
Amelia: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 2 = 24
Doritan: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Liam: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Katria: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Maya: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Dwarves: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Everybody may act before the dwarves. Map updated!


M Half-Elf Cleric 9 | HP 66/66 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | F+10 R+8 W+13 (+2 vs enchantment) | Init +3 | Perception +14 | Performance 17/21 | Channel 4/4 | Active: Resist Elec 20

Liam rallies his comrades with a rousing speech on the virtues of a well-written constitution with checks and balances!

INSPIRE COURAGE +2 and GOOD HOPE


Female human occultist 9 HP 66, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F11/R8/W10, CMD 21

Quick stats:

HP 67/59 (inc. +8 from transmutation focus)
AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 18, CMD 21
Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +10
Speed: 30 feet
Inspiration (Knowledge/Linguistics/Spellcraft checks): 0/5
Mental Focus: 15; Abjuration [4/4]; Divination [3/3]; Enchantment [4/4]; Transmutation [4/4]
Resonant powers (+1 saves; +2 Perception, low-light vision; +2 Charisma
checks; +2 Con)
Spells/day: 1st [x][][][][]; 2nd [][][][][]; 3rd [][][]
Wands: Scorching ray 23/23; lightning bolt 20/20; magic missile 47/47
Effects:

"No!" Katria calls, casting a spell to forbid one from attacking. DC 16


Dandy 9 - HP 76/76 - AC23 - T15 - F20 - CMD28 - Init+3 (+6 Urb) - F+10 (+4 End) - R+11 (Evasion) - W+6 - Perc+13 (+4/+2 Nat, +6 Urb) - SM+14 (+4/+2 Nat) - 1st 3/3 - 2nd 1/2 - Def 2/2 - Luck 3/3

Amelia wasn't sure why the speech on checks and balances was exciting. Possibly because it made her realize how successful she had become in such a short time.

"I'm going in."

She draws her pick and with her hands gripped tightly she moves into the nearest dwarf and slams them with the butt of her weapon.

Power Attack, 2H, Nonlethal: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 2 - 4 = 8
Damage: 1d6 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 17 + 2 = 24

"Consider that your warning!" She tries to save face as the winds of fate seem to favor the dwarf.

-1 AC from occupying my buckler. I have not rolled well in any of my games for the past few weeks.


Male Human Stalker Vigilante 8 HP 67/67; AC 21, 17 FF, 16 T; Saves +7 Fort, +12 Ref, +10 Will; +4 Init; +18 Per, Active Effects: None

"You know, I would advise surrender. Or don't. I kind of prefer it this way, honestly." Doritan comments casually, shrugging as he shoves his way into the closer dwarf, sending him stumbling at the tip of Doritan's blade.

Charging Power Attack, IC, GH, v. flat-footed: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (16) + 18 = 341d6 + 17 + 4d4 ⇒ (4) + 17 + (1, 3, 3, 3) = 31

Assuming it hit
Demoralize, Twisting Fear (red): 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (15) + 22 = 374d4 ⇒ (1, 1, 1, 3) = 6

AC 19 currently


Halfling Court Bard 9 | HP 57/66| AC 21, T 16, FF 18 | CMD 18 | F +7, R +12, W +10* | Init +3 | Perc +10
Resources:
BP 24/26 Rounds, Spells - 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 2/6, 3rd: 4/4

Maya starts her rondo at the same time Liam starts his inspiration. She tries ignore the content of Liam's speech and focus on the inspiration she feels from it. Moving forward, she gets ready to attack one or both of the dwarves if she gets the chance.

Move action, Blazing Rondo. Haste for everyone w/n 60 ft. Move action, move to behind Amelia. Rapier is already drawn as mentioned in my last post.


Will: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 2 + 2 = 18

Amelia's two-handed swing is wide, the dwarf easily dodging the blow. Maya begins to perform her rondo as Liam launches his inspiring discourse. Doritan drives his blade into the closer dwarf, while the other one shrugs off Katria's spell.

The wounded dwarf sweeps Doritan's legs out from under him, then punches him once. The other one steps up and proceeds to stomp on the vigilante twice, badly wounding him!

Trip vs Doritan: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
Flurry, Prone, Shaken, PA: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 281d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 171d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Flurry, Prone, PA: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 171d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 281d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 151d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 121d10 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Doritan falls prone and takes 38 total damage. Everybody may act!

Enemy Status:
Red -31/6 NL


Female human occultist 9 HP 66, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F11/R8/W10, CMD 21

Thanks for the map, GM.

Quick stats:

HP 67/59 (inc. +8 from transmutation focus)
AC 23, touch 16, flat-footed 18, CMD 22
Fort +11, Ref +8, Will +10
Speed: 30 feet
Inspiration (Knowledge/Linguistics/Spellcraft checks): 0/5
Mental Focus: 15; Abjuration [4/4]; Divination [3/3]; Enchantment [4/4]; Transmutation [4/4]
Resonant powers (+1 saves; +2 Perception, low-light vision; +2 Charisma
checks; +2 Con)
Spells/day: 1st [x][][][][]; 2nd [][][][][]; 3rd [][][]
Wands: Scorching ray 23/23; lightning bolt 20/20; magic missile 47/47
Effects: haste (+1 AC, Ref, noted above), courageously inspired (+2/+2), good hope (a +2 morale bonus on saving throws, attack rolls, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls)

Katria's jaw drops as the dwarves send Doritan falling to the floor; she's not sure she's seen the swordsman be treated so rudely before. Usually he scares the living daylights out of their enemies and then kills him 1.

Pulling her wand, he moves into the room with a burst of speed thanks to Maya's words. In her shock, it almost doesn't fire, but she manages to harness the magic at the last minute and launches a fiery blast at the dwarf standing over Doritan.

Use Magic Device: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (2) + 21 = 23
Ranged touch (into melee) vs. red: 1d20 + 9 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 3 - 4 = 18
4d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 5, 5) = 17

1 She's tempted to add sometimes not even in that order, though she realizes that's not possible. 2

2 Unless maybe they became some sort of undead, but even then it wouldn't be likely.


M Half-Elf Cleric 9 | HP 66/66 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | F+10 R+8 W+13 (+2 vs enchantment) | Init +3 | Perception +14 | Performance 17/21 | Channel 4/4 | Active: Resist Elec 20

Everybody remember the bonuses. Liam is handing out +4 to hit and damage between Good Hope and Inspire Courage.

That didn't go according to plan.
Liam moves up, thanks to Maya's song, and heals Doritan.
CSW: 3d8 + 8 ⇒ (7, 2, 5) + 8 = 22


Dandy 9 - HP 76/76 - AC23 - T15 - F20 - CMD28 - Init+3 (+6 Urb) - F+10 (+4 End) - R+11 (Evasion) - W+6 - Perc+13 (+4/+2 Nat, +6 Urb) - SM+14 (+4/+2 Nat) - 1st 3/3 - 2nd 1/2 - Def 2/2 - Luck 3/3

Furious at her inability to help Gaius, Amelia starts her attack in earnest on the weakened one.

PA, 2H: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 2 + 2 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 17 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 17 + 4 = 22

Haste PA, 2H: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 17 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 17 + 4 = 27

PA, 2H, -5: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 17 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 17 + 4 = 26

Between the howling of the pick's strange material she speaks coolly, "Back. Down."

Obviously if he falls she won't press the attack and switch to the other target.


Female human occultist 9 HP 66, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F11/R8/W10, CMD 21

Sorry, my attack roll should be 1 more then (19 ranged touch into melee). For some reason, I thought it was +3


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Halfling Court Bard 9 | HP 57/66| AC 21, T 16, FF 18 | CMD 18 | F +7, R +12, W +10* | Init +3 | Perc +10
Resources:
BP 24/26 Rounds, Spells - 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 2/6, 3rd: 4/4

Katria, I believe you should actually be at +5 for your attack, if you count the bonus from Maya's rondo.

Maya tries to give Doritan a leg up and taps him on the shoulder. The vigilante vanishes a moment later. She keeps up her lively performance at the same time.

Casting Vanish on Doritan. Continuing Blazing Rondo. As Liam said, remember your bonuses!


Male Human Stalker Vigilante 8 HP 67/67; AC 21, 17 FF, 16 T; Saves +7 Fort, +12 Ref, +10 Will; +4 Init; +18 Per, Active Effects: None

Doritan invisibly stands up, eyes narrowed at the dwarves, "You shouldn't have done that." he whispers, his blade flashing out towards the dwarf in front of him a moment later.

Hidden Strike, IC, GH, Power Attack, Invisible, v. flat-footed: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (5) + 19 = 241d6 + 17 + 4d8 ⇒ (6) + 17 + (6, 7, 3, 5) = 44

If that hit
Demoralize, Twisting Fear: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (10) + 22 = 324d4 ⇒ (3, 2, 1, 4) = 10

Haste attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 181d6 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23
Iterative: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 151d6 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18


Standing is a move action, Doritan, so you only get one attack.

Amelia strikes the wounded dwarf twice with her heavy pick. Liam heals Doritan, and Maya uses her magic to make him dissapear. The vigilante reappears a few moments later, driving his sword straight into the injured dwarf's chest, slaying him! Katria fires a ray at the other dwarf, burning him and setting his robes aflame!

The dwarf drops low to try to sweep the legs out from Doritan and Amelia, but both of them manage to step back in time to avoid falling down. He follows up with two jabs at Doritan, which the vigilante ducks away from.

Trip vs Doritan, Amelia: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 181d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
Flurry vs Doritan: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 131d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Everybody may act!

Enemy Status:
Dwarf -17


Female human occultist 9 HP 66, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F11/R8/W10, CMD 21

Quick stats:

HP 67/59 (inc. +8 from transmutation focus)
AC 23, touch 16, flat-footed 18, CMD 22
Fort +11, Ref +8, Will +10
Speed: 30 feet
Inspiration (Knowledge/Linguistics/Spellcraft checks): 0/5
Mental Focus: 15; Abjuration [4/4]; Divination [3/3]; Enchantment [4/4]; Transmutation [4/4]
Resonant powers (+1 saves; +2 Perception, low-light vision; +2 Charisma
checks; +2 Con)
Spells/day: 1st [x][][][][]; 2nd [][][][][]; 3rd [][][]
Wands: Scorching ray 22/23; lightning bolt 20/20; magic missile 47/47
Effects: haste (+1 AC, Ref, noted above), courageously inspired (+2/+2), good hope (a +2 morale bonus on saving throws, attack rolls, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls)

Unable to do much to help, Katria waits to see if her companions can dispatch this dwarf as well. Just in case, she stows her wand and pulls her Dignity's Barb.


M Half-Elf Cleric 9 | HP 66/66 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | F+10 R+8 W+13 (+2 vs enchantment) | Init +3 | Perception +14 | Performance 17/21 | Channel 4/4 | Active: Resist Elec 20

Doritan took 38 damage, and I healed him for 22, so he is down 16. I think he should be okay for now.

Liam likewise can't do much, but the battle seems well in hand. He ceases his oratory (No more INSPIRE COURAGE, 2 rounds used) and uses Total Defense.


Male Human Stalker Vigilante 8 HP 67/67; AC 21, 17 FF, 16 T; Saves +7 Fort, +12 Ref, +10 Will; +4 Init; +18 Per, Active Effects: None

Doritan steps up, switching his assault to the surviving dwarf.
Power Attack, Haste, Good Hope: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 231d6 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20
Power Attack, Haste, Good Hope: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 291d6 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21
Power Attack, Haste, Good Hope: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 151d6 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20


Dandy 9 - HP 76/76 - AC23 - T15 - F20 - CMD28 - Init+3 (+6 Urb) - F+10 (+4 End) - R+11 (Evasion) - W+6 - Perc+13 (+4/+2 Nat, +6 Urb) - SM+14 (+4/+2 Nat) - 1st 3/3 - 2nd 1/2 - Def 2/2 - Luck 3/3

Deftly dodging the attack, Amelia launches into a final series of swings.

PA, 2H: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 17 + 2 = 20

PA, 2H, Haste: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 32
Damage: 1d6 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 17 + 2 = 21

PA, 2H, -5: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 11
Damage: 1d6 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 17 + 2 = 21

Critical?: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 31
Extra Damage: 3d6 + 17 + 17 + 17 + 6 ⇒ (1, 3, 6) + 17 + 17 + 17 + 6 = 67

"You spun and lost."


Halfling Court Bard 9 | HP 57/66| AC 21, T 16, FF 18 | CMD 18 | F +7, R +12, W +10* | Init +3 | Perc +10
Resources:
BP 24/26 Rounds, Spells - 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 2/6, 3rd: 4/4

Maya hangs back, but continues her rondo, hoping her companions can finish off the last cultist.


Doritan strikes the dwarf once, but it is Amelia who lands the final blows, her pick stabbing through the monk's eye and into his brain. She yanks her weapon free and he falls, bleeding and twitching on the floor.

Each dwarf has the following gear: potions of cure light wounds (2), potions of cure moderate wounds (2), potion of mage armor, oil of magic weapon, antitoxin, holy water (2); masterwork heavy pick, masterwork shuriken (50), belt of giant strength +2, bracers of armor +1, cloak of resistance +1, ring of protection +1, 141 gp.


Female human occultist 9 HP 66, AC 22, Touch 15, FF 18, F11/R8/W10, CMD 21

I don't think I need to hold on to anymore potions right now; I've got a good bunch. I could grab one or two holy waters; nothing else does much for me.

Katria winces as the second dwarf dies.

"The place is certainly well protected," she says. "Maybe we should check the doors and make sure there's nothing else hiding in here before we go below? We could look upstairs too, but do we want to press our luck?"


M Half-Elf Cleric 9 | HP 66/66 | AC 20 T 15 FF 17 | F+10 R+8 W+13 (+2 vs enchantment) | Init +3 | Perception +14 | Performance 17/21 | Channel 4/4 | Active: Resist Elec 20

Healing potions are useful because Liam does not have spontaneous healing. Most of the rest we will sell.
Liam also winces along with Katria.
He takes the flasks of holy water and looks at them. "Not unholy water. Some of our foes here might be misguided but not outright fiends. Let us try to spare those we can."

"We should make a quick search and see if we draw out any more foes while Milani's blessing is still in effect."
The Good Hope will last 8 minutes. After that, we may wish to have Maya cast Heroism on our fighters.


Dandy 9 - HP 76/76 - AC23 - T15 - F20 - CMD28 - Init+3 (+6 Urb) - F+10 (+4 End) - R+11 (Evasion) - W+6 - Perc+13 (+4/+2 Nat, +6 Urb) - SM+14 (+4/+2 Nat) - 1st 3/3 - 2nd 1/2 - Def 2/2 - Luck 3/3

Amelia nods. "I will do my best, but after a warning, and a shot or two from my hilt if they don't stop I cannot let them kill us." She starts to clean the pick, "After all, if it comes down to it I still have a job to do; however I will show restraint when it is feasible."

She grabs two of the potions 1 CLW, 1 CMW and puts them in her pack.

"I should mention that I did procure a wand to assist in fixing our wounds. I do some something about how to use it if we require."

I completely forgot I bought a Wand of CLW during our downtime.


Halfling Court Bard 9 | HP 57/66| AC 21, T 16, FF 18 | CMD 18 | F +7, R +12, W +10* | Init +3 | Perc +10
Resources:
BP 24/26 Rounds, Spells - 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 2/6, 3rd: 4/4

After taking a few moments to recover from her lively beat, Maya suggests Doritan take the other two cure potions.

Then she says, "I think we need to decide what our objective is. Do we want to clear out as many cultists as possible? Then we should do this methodically and clear every room one-by-one. Or do we want to just rescue the 'prince'? Then we should move to him as quickly as possible. I still have enough magic today that I can make us all invisible along with him to make our escape easier."

3,051 to 3,100 of 3,589 << first < prev | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Brainiac's War for the Crown Table 2 Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.