Beyond the Tentacled Eye - A Pathfinder Greyhawk Tharizdun Campaign

Game Master GM Darkblade

A View of Hommlet from the Southern Approach
Player's Map of Hommlet Proper
Townsfolk Images
Zert's Map
Menu of the Inn of the Welcome Wench


2,001 to 2,050 of 2,765 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>

Male High Elf Wizard 4 HP: 23 AC: 13. Mage Armor 17

I am trying to update my tag line on my phone, but it isn't working. I have 8 hp remaining. I am not in near as much danger as perceived. I have a plan.

I am fine, Priest, take care of your flock! Fil coughs as he levels his rapier at the gnoll before him, grinning the grin of the mad.


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

Navith meant that he and Zokama should destroy Filnefillan's attacker. He has two uses of channel left, and no more healing spells...


Navith's fiery burst misses the gnoll warrior, but alerts it to the danger he represents.

Gnoll D swings it's Heavy Axe: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 at Braggi, attempting to keep the sailor between it and Navith, a halfhearted swing suited to pushing the man a bit left for it's own defense.

Gnoll G focuses it's hate and anger at Musami, half-swinging it's spear as a staff before pivoting and Thrusting: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 at the dwarf's throat, his gorget deflecting the blow off and over his shoulder instead.

Initiative Order
Second Group Acts
First Group: Navith, Gnolls D and G
Second Group: Braggi, Filnefillan, Musami, Zokama, Gnolls C and F

Odd Room Battle


Musami Forgeborn Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) (5) HP 54/54 | AC:24 | T:12 | FF:23 CMB: +9 (+2 Sunder, Trip, Bullrush, Overrun)| CMD:21 (25 Vs Bullrush & Trip) | Fort:+7 | Ref:+2 | Will:+2 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities, +1 vs fear) | Init:+1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20') | Speed 20ft | Active Condition: -24NL Damage, Shaken

Tiring of trying to strike in a non-lethal way Musami switches his grip and swing as hard as he can at Gnoll G. With a grunt of effort he swings.

+1 Heavy Mace, Power Attack: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 - 2 = 27 Damage, Power Attack: 1d8 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 4 = 10

Crit Confirm?: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 - 2 = 13 Exta Damage, Power Attack: 1d8 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 4 = 11


Loot Sheet Female Human (Flan) Detective Bard 5 | HP 28/28 | CMB +6 / CMD +18 | AC 17 / T 12 / FF 15 | Fort +2 / Ref +6 / Will +6 | Initiative +2 | Bardic Performances 15/15 | Action Points 3/3 | Perception +12/+14 to detect traps | Active Effects: Ioun Torch

Zokama steps forward and heals Braggi.

CLW: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Male High Elf Wizard 4 HP: 23 AC: 13. Mage Armor 17

Fil looks at the Gnoll before him.

Glowering as he steps back 5 feet, he incants the words to Scorching ray.

Touch: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 1 = 19
FIRE!: 4d6 + 1 ⇒ (5, 4, 2, 1) + 1 = 13

If one speaks goblin, the words "you were warned" are in his stream of curses.


Musami swings with all his might, nearly smashing in the gnoll's sternum as the blow lands, the creature only flailing backwards preventing even worse damage.

Before it can recover however Filnefillan's flame bolt explodes in it's face, singing fur and knocking the beast off it's feet, unconscious to the filthy stone tiles below.

Zokama steps up and sends a melodious feeling of warmth over Braggi's back, easing some of the pain and discomfort his battered body is experiencing, his stance still weak but determined before the remaining gnolls.

Initiative Order
Second Group Acts
First Group: Navith, Gnolls D and G (Unconscious)
Second Group: Braggi, Filnefillan, Musami, Zokama, Gnolls C and F

Odd Room Battle


Musami Forgeborn Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) (5) HP 54/54 | AC:24 | T:12 | FF:23 CMB: +9 (+2 Sunder, Trip, Bullrush, Overrun)| CMD:21 (25 Vs Bullrush & Trip) | Fort:+7 | Ref:+2 | Will:+2 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities, +1 vs fear) | Init:+1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20') | Speed 20ft | Active Condition: -24NL Damage, Shaken

Musami move to position Gnoll F between him and Fil, then swing his +1 mace again.

+1 Heavy Mace, Power Attack: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 9 - 2 = 20 Damage, Power Attack: 1d8 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 4 = 15


Musami you already acted in this round, only Braggi is left to act. I moved you back to your previous position.


Musami Forgeborn Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) (5) HP 54/54 | AC:24 | T:12 | FF:23 CMB: +9 (+2 Sunder, Trip, Bullrush, Overrun)| CMD:21 (25 Vs Bullrush & Trip) | Fort:+7 | Ref:+2 | Will:+2 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities, +1 vs fear) | Init:+1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20') | Speed 20ft | Active Condition: -24NL Damage, Shaken

Ok, sorry GM.


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

Confused here: I thought Musami was attacking Gnoll G, and Fil fired at Gnoll F, yet your description seemed to suggest Fil fired at the same Gnoll Musami attacked...


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

DM - does 31 actual and 27 non-lethal to Gnoll G by my count seem correct...?


Actually Navith, you are partially correct, yes I applied Fil's damage to the wrong gnoll. Correcting my notes now. This is why I should not post while taking cough syrup with pain relief additive, I can get a little foggy.

That said Gnoll G has taken 46 points of lethal damage and 12 points nonlethal damage thus far, counting strikes that connected. There may be something at work which is keeping the gnoll on it's feet, it certainly appears less bloody than would be expected. I will leave Gnoll G unconscious, I did misapply healing to the NL damage such that with Musami's strike this round it would have still dropped.

Gnoll F on the other hand has taken 29 points of damage with Fil's spell, but is still active in the midst of it's barbarian rage. All other gnolls are recorded correctly for damage; Braggi tends to make his cuts rather singularly and forcefully.


Male High Elf Wizard 4 HP: 23 AC: 13. Mage Armor 17

Well poop. I thought I had him.


CG Human Barbarian 5 | Status:
Stats:
AC 18(16) (T 12, FF 15) | CMB +8(+10), CMD 19(21) | Init +1 | Speed 30ft | F +7(+10), R +3, W +4(+6) | Perc +10, SM +2
HP 55 (70) | Damage 0 | Rage 14/14

Sorry guys

Braggi goes on with his bloodthirsty anger, this time attacking the only remaining Gnoll between himself and the archer.

Greatsword, Power Attack, Reckless Abandon: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 11 - 2 + 2 = 15
Damage: 2d6 + 10 + 6 ⇒ (4, 6) + 10 + 6 = 26

If the gnoll is downed, Braggi will move to threaten the archer, though I doubt it with this attack roll. If the gnoll is still up, Braggi will 5-ft-step forward if possible.


Braggi's blade strikes against the gnoll's chain sewn breastplate, gouging several links free but falling short of cutting into the dog-meat beyond.

Gnoll C fires another Arrow: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 2 - 4 = 15, this time at Braggi, attempting to finish off the robust sailor. The shaft catches the man in the arm, Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8, his rage distracting him from his own best defense.

Gnoll F follows his fallen leader's orders, his rage blinding him to the danger the gnoll faces. He heaves his Greataxe: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 harshly at the elven wizard, the elf dancing aside at the last instant, sparking a howl of frustration from the beast.

Initiative Order
First Group Acts
First Group: Navith, Gnolls D and G
Second Group: Braggi, Filnefillan, Musami, Zokama, Gnolls C and F

Odd Room Battle


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

Navith hears the arrow *thunk* into Braggi and swears in a very un-Pelorite manner. His head swings to the side to assess the situation. He swears again.

If we can consolidate our attacks we will overcome!

He swings back to face Fil's aggressor and sends flame once more at the hyena-man. His aim is, if possible, even worse than last time.

"Fixe!!!!" the Pelorite screams, his face a rictus of frustration.

Ffff!!!: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 [+1 Dex, vs touch AC]

[My ranged attacks incorrectly state +2, should be +1 for 12 Dex]

Shaaaaffff!!!: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Navith's fire burst singes the raging gnoll's fur but fails to deter it's hate filled focus on the elven mage.

Gnoll D presses his attacks on Braggi, trying desperately to bring down the stubborn man, his Battleaxe: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11, clanging aside as the sailor deflects the swing with his own large blade.

Gnoll G begins to stir on the floor, the discoloration of his injuries fading slightly, one gash nearly completely knitted closed.

Initiative Order
Second Group Acts
First Group: Navith, Gnolls D and G (regaining consciousness)
Second Group: Braggi, Filnefillan, Musami, Zokama, Gnolls C and F

Odd Room Battle


Musami Forgeborn Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) (5) HP 54/54 | AC:24 | T:12 | FF:23 CMB: +9 (+2 Sunder, Trip, Bullrush, Overrun)| CMD:21 (25 Vs Bullrush & Trip) | Fort:+7 | Ref:+2 | Will:+2 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities, +1 vs fear) | Init:+1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20') | Speed 20ft | Active Condition: -24NL Damage, Shaken

Gnoll G has fast healing or something I assume.

Musami swings his hammer down on Gnoll G, trying to smash it between the head of his weapon on the floor.

+1 Heavy Mace, power attack: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 9 - 2 = 24 Damage, power attack: 1d8 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 4 = 10

Not sure if I get a bonus for attacking a prone opponent.


Loot Sheet Female Human (Flan) Detective Bard 5 | HP 28/28 | CMB +6 / CMD +18 | AC 17 / T 12 / FF 15 | Fort +2 / Ref +6 / Will +6 | Initiative +2 | Bardic Performances 15/15 | Action Points 3/3 | Perception +12/+14 to detect traps | Active Effects: Ioun Torch

Zokama heals Braggi again.

CLW: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


CG Human Barbarian 5 | Status:
Stats:
AC 18(16) (T 12, FF 15) | CMB +8(+10), CMD 19(21) | Init +1 | Speed 30ft | F +7(+10), R +3, W +4(+6) | Perc +10, SM +2
HP 55 (70) | Damage 0 | Rage 14/14

Braggi once more tries to end the damned gnoll in an attempt to have clear way to the pesky archer. He lets go a tremendous battle shout...

Demoralise: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16

Attack as swift if Demoralise is successful, Power Attack, Reckless Abandon: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 11 - 2 + 2 = 15
Damage: 2d6 + 10 + 6 ⇒ (2, 1) + 10 + 6 = 19

Managed to roll 1, 2, 3, 4... do I get a prize for that? xD


Musami's blow lands hard on the gnoll, fracturing it's jaw and several teeth. The gnoll twitches a moment and then stops, all movement and tension gone from the bloody form.

Braggi successfully demoralizes his opponent, but the shaking gnoll still manages to block aside the sailor's swing, another crease and loss of links from his otherwise well kept armor.

Filnefillan left to act this round

Initiative Order
Second Group Acts
First Group: Navith, Gnolls D and G (regaining consciousness)
Second Group: Braggi, Filnefillan, Musami, Zokama, Gnolls C and F

Odd Room Battle


Male High Elf Wizard 4 HP: 23 AC: 13. Mage Armor 17

I had hoped to win with scorching ray. Here goes nothing. I am going to use one of his five action points.

Fil, glaring at the barbarian, looks to the others. He knows the danger he is in, and he has to strike.

He steps back, recalling the spell he just cast, and releases it again on the Gnoll!

Touch: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 1 = 17
damage: 4d6 + 1 ⇒ (6, 1, 3, 3) + 1 = 14


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

What are "action points"? Do I have any?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Each character has a pool of Action Points, see the link in the spoiler below.

Action and Hero Points:

Hero Points – Players will not start with any Hero Points but may earn them during the course of gameplay for particular actions or achievements. Characters are limited to a pool of One (1) Hero Point per level, up to a cap of Three (3) Hero Points. Hero Points and there use can be viewed here.

Each Player will receive Three (3) Action Points which can be used to adjust dice rolls or take additional actions as outlined below. Every even level will award the character additional Action Points equivalent to ½ the character's level, 1 at 2nd, 2 at 4th, 3 at 6th, etc.

You can spend 1 action point in a round as a Free Action to add a d6 bonus to a single d20 roll. When using an Action Point to improve a d20 roll, use must be declared prior to the GM's determination of the roll's success or failure.
Activate an Ability – A character can spend 1 action point as a Swift Action to gain another use of a class ability that has a limited number of uses per day. Examples include stunning fist, smite, channel energy, etc.
Take an Extra Attack – When taking a full attack action, a character may spend 1 action point as a Free Action to make an extra attack at the highest base attack bonus. Action points may be used in this way with either melee or ranged attacks.
Spell Boost – A character can spend 1 action point as a Swift Action to increase the effective caster level of one spell by 2. This must be decided before casting the spell, and effects all particulars of the spell as per the adjusted caster level.
Spell Recall – Spellcasters who prepare their spells in advance can spend 1 action point as a Swift Action to recall any spell just cast. The spell can be cast again later with no effect on other prepared spells. Spontaneous spellcasters can spend 1 action point as a Swift Action to cast a spell without using one of their daily spell slots. These uses of an action point can only be done in the same round that the spell is cast.
Stabilize – Any time a character is dying, they can spend 1 action point as an Immediate Action to become stable at their current hit point total.

Filnefillan's fiery blast catches the raging gnoll in the chest, burning away fur and blistering the skin below with ugly patches of pink and black. The glare in the beast's eyes turns a bit glassy, clearly it is only the thing's hate keeping it up and fighting.

Gnoll C realizes his companions are failing to hold the invaders, the band clearly having fallen for Lady Grenl's trap. He ponders the dangers of pressing his attack, firing One Last Arrow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 at Braggi, wounding the sailor for Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10, then turns and runs back the way it came.

Gnoll F labors on against the last directive his leader gave him, Kill the Elf, and he ponderously swings his Greataxe: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21 against the wizard's forceful wards, piercing it for Damage: 1d12 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 and blooding his obsession.

Initiative Order
First Group Acts
First Group: Navith, Gnoll D
Second Group: Braggi, Filnefillan, Musami, Zokama, Gnoll F

Odd Room Battle


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

Navith stabs at the burnt gnoll from behind with his longspear.

Standard Action: Attack gnoll F with longspear's reach.

Wsss!!!: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 +3 BAB , +2 Str, +1 Weapon Focus, +1 enhancement
Shkkkt!!!: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 [+3 THF, + 1 enhancement]

Am I flanking with Fil? If so add +2 to attack roll...


Male High Elf Wizard 4 HP: 23 AC: 13. Mage Armor 17

Sadly no, Fil is at -4 HP and Stable. Although Navith does know that Fil keeps potions of healing in his backpack.

I'll be using a second action point to stabilize.

Fil realizes his Gambit failed as he sees the strike coming from the Gnoll brute. He puts up a feeble defense, attempting to Parry with his rapier, but the greataxe is just too much. As the Axe hits his magical wards, the group hears an audible shatter as the Gnoll's hate gets through. Fil crumples to the floor like a pile of rags, bleeding.


Navith's spear punches through the gnoll's armored back, the hardened leather less thick, weakly padded, wholly inadequate to prevent the sharp wedge shaped blade from passing through the thing's lung and into it's heart, nearly nicking it's spine as the cleric savagely pulls the shaft back free of the dying creature.

Falling to the floor the gnoll looked glassily at it's dead leader, it's own pooling blood flowing along the crudely tiled floor to mingle in shared oblivion.

Gnoll D covers for it's retreating companion, resolved it will not be leaving the chamber ever again. It snarls a challenge at Braggi, it's fear and resentment bleeding from it's eyes into it's growl, and swings it's Battleaxe: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 at the sailor, weakly and ineffectual, doom already set upon the beast, only awaiting for confirmation on the unstoppable human's blade.

Initiative Order
Second Group Acts
First Group: Navith, Gnoll D
Second Group: Braggi, Filnefillan, Musami, Zokama

Odd Room Battle


CG Human Barbarian 5 | Status:
Stats:
AC 18(16) (T 12, FF 15) | CMB +8(+10), CMD 19(21) | Init +1 | Speed 30ft | F +7(+10), R +3, W +4(+6) | Perc +10, SM +2
HP 55 (70) | Damage 0 | Rage 14/14

As the gnoll tries desperately to go to Walhalla with some human company, Braggi steps aside easily and discharges his own blade upon him, having the luxury to dedicate some seconds among his bloodthirst to a worthy enemy.

Greatsword, Power Attack, Reckless Abandon: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 11 - 2 + 2 = 31 Really? Now?
Damage: 2d6 + 10 + 6 ⇒ (6, 1) + 10 + 6 = 23

Critical Confirmation: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 11 - 2 + 2 = 27
Damage: 2d6 + 10 + 6 ⇒ (1, 1) + 10 + 6 = 18

The gnoll's head flies through the room, but it still hold his weapon when it falls to the floor, granting him access to the Celestial Banquet. Nodding in approval, Braggi rushed after the fleeing archer.

Can anyone move me, please?


Is Braggi continuing his Rage, by my count the battle has lasted 8 rounds thus far, plus any previously used rounds in the battle with the undead ogre and then the priestess and her minions. Fatigue is right around the corner and the party is near resource depletion.

Braggi stumbles down the hallway after the gnoll, the sharp twists and turns of the lightning like hallway preventing him for catching sight of the beast.

The sailor finds himself back in the corridor split, one path leading back towards the stairway and passage back to the dead priestess, the other hallway dark and unexplored.

Perception Check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

There is also a slight luminescence to the wall, likely unnoticed in torchlight but glimpsed in the dim light of the hall, a crack like one seeping beneath the captain's cabin door.


RE: Activate an Ability – A character can spend 1 action point as a Swift Action to gain another use of a class ability that has a limited number of uses per day. Examples include stunning fist, smite, channel energy, etc.

It could be argued that the points could be used on a 1:1 basis to extend a Rage while in combat. If the group sees no problem with this I would allow it. Thoughts anyone?

I admit my count may be off, We've gone through a few pages of posts since the day started and I had to reset my Herolabs file due to an update file corruption., but I thought Braggi had only just spent his last Rage round with this last strike, having none left to continue beyond the move phase after the swing.


Musami Forgeborn Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) (5) HP 54/54 | AC:24 | T:12 | FF:23 CMB: +9 (+2 Sunder, Trip, Bullrush, Overrun)| CMD:21 (25 Vs Bullrush & Trip) | Fort:+7 | Ref:+2 | Will:+2 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities, +1 vs fear) | Init:+1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20') | Speed 20ft | Active Condition: -24NL Damage, Shaken

Musami stands astride a fallen gnoll and swings his mace again.

+1 Heavy Mace, Power Attack: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 - 2 = 19 Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 4 = 14


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

Oops - made a post (now deleted) where Navith ran after Braggi and called over his shoulder to Zokama and Musami.

But Zokama is up. So it's her choice.


CG Human Barbarian 5 | Status:
Stats:
AC 18(16) (T 12, FF 15) | CMB +8(+10), CMD 19(21) | Init +1 | Speed 30ft | F +7(+10), R +3, W +4(+6) | Perc +10, SM +2
HP 55 (70) | Damage 0 | Rage 14/14

Not seeing where the gnoll has gone, Braggi decides to stop raging and go back to check his friends. Many perils are still sneaking around, and the salior thinks it's better to regroup and recover their strength.


Loot Sheet Female Human (Flan) Detective Bard 5 | HP 28/28 | CMB +6 / CMD +18 | AC 17 / T 12 / FF 15 | Fort +2 / Ref +6 / Will +6 | Initiative +2 | Bardic Performances 15/15 | Action Points 3/3 | Perception +12/+14 to detect traps | Active Effects: Ioun Torch

Zokama kneels over Fin to make sure he is still alive. She looks over at Navith.

I think he is still alive. Can you heal him?

I will go recheck after work, but I think I am out of healing.


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

"I can. Gather by him and I will heal us all...somewhat..."

Navith calls to Pelor.

Channel Positive Energy: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 1) = 7

"That was the last of Pelor's aid for today." he adds gloomily.


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

"Beyond that, there are healing potions in Fil's backpack..."


Male High Elf Wizard 4 HP: 23 AC: 13. Mage Armor 17

Fil coughs as he wakes up, looking at his chest, where the Axe buried itself.

Looking over to Navith, he says "Praise Pelor you're alive. Did we get them?"

At that point he will stand up, gathering his rapier, bow, and both of the potions of healing from his backpack. He drinks one.

potion of healing: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 At 7/23 HP

"It's not much, but I have one more. Please, make use of it, I will be careful.

Someone should search the bodies. Fil will assist with Detect Magic.


Braggi Perception as he returns to the others: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Taking the time to gather the bodies and search them, roughly 10 minutes you discover the following items, assuming Fil scans the fallen with Detect Magic during the process.

Magical Items:

A pair of dark black leather boots with stitched green flame designs
A heavy dark black cloak with a flaming eye embroidered on the outside
A hard and heavy shiny ring containing a movable etched steel band within an inset groove
2 steel potion vials marked with a curling design
2 clay potion vials marked with a fan shaped mushroom

Weaponry:

A masterwork darkwood greatclub carved like an odd looking mushroom
A masterwork greataxe made of grey steel
3 battleaxes
2 spears
3 heavy wooden shields painted black with a flaming eye emblem
2 masterwork javelins
5 javelins
masterwork composite longbow (STR 14)
masterwork composite longbow (STR 18)
28 arrows

Armors:

2 suits of dark leather armor
A masterwork breastplate, grey steel lacquered dull black with the flaming eye emblem painted over the left breast
A suit of masterwork parade armor, dark leathers and grey steel with pale green highlights
2 suits of masterwork darkleaf cloth leather lamellar armor black fabric with pale green highlight stitching

Miscellaneous:

5 vials alchemist's fire
A tanglefoot bag
A fist sized brown rock
Several loose metal rivets
A foul smelling bone packed with a brownish paste that feels greasy
3 ceramic stars, each roughly an inch wide
2 vials of black dye
1 jar of brown dye
1 vial of black ink


CG Human Barbarian 5 | Status:
Stats:
AC 18(16) (T 12, FF 15) | CMB +8(+10), CMD 19(21) | Init +1 | Speed 30ft | F +7(+10), R +3, W +4(+6) | Perc +10, SM +2
HP 55 (70) | Damage 0 | Rage 14/14

While the rest gather the loot, Braggi stays in guard in case the fleeing gnoll calls more friends.

He keeps calling his friends to hurry up. "Guys, he could be back anytime."


For Braggi:
Does Braggi mention to the others the possible secret chamber at the far end of the zigzag hall he spotted before turning back? The faint light showing through the crack.


Loot Sheet Female Human (Flan) Detective Bard 5 | HP 28/28 | CMB +6 / CMD +18 | AC 17 / T 12 / FF 15 | Fort +2 / Ref +6 / Will +6 | Initiative +2 | Bardic Performances 15/15 | Action Points 3/3 | Perception +12/+14 to detect traps | Active Effects: Ioun Torch

Zokama helps to gather the loot.

Checked equipment and we do have a wand of cure light with 32 charges that I am carrying. So, if we are going to go on, roll as many cure lights as you need and I will subtract from the wand (you roll, but I am using the wand on you technically, so you don't have to roll UMD). As for other resources, I only have level 2 spells left, and I don't know Cure Moderate yet, so we can only use them for silence or invisibility... thinking we should probably rest at some point since the cleric is out of channels.


CG Human Barbarian 5 | Status:
Stats:
AC 18(16) (T 12, FF 15) | CMB +8(+10), CMD 19(21) | Init +1 | Speed 30ft | F +7(+10), R +3, W +4(+6) | Perc +10, SM +2
HP 55 (70) | Damage 0 | Rage 14/14

For GM Darkblade:
Yes! Dammit, last time I was counting Rage rounds so I totally forgot! Thank you!

Before, when coming back from the side alley: "He went that way! There's a corridor there!"


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

Navith sees Fil awaken, then returns to his fell morningstar, retrieving it with more than a little relief. He then returns to examine the items that were indicated as magical.

Spellcraft: A pair of dark black leather boots with stitched green flame designs: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
A heavy dark black cloak with a flaming eye embroidered on the outside: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
A hard and heavy shiny ring containing a movable etched steel band within an inset groove: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
2 steel potion vials marked with a curling design: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
2 clay potion vials marked with a fan shaped mushroom: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

Navith crouches and sighs.

" I may be able to call on Pelor's succour again, but it will be taxing. I fear we have now truly stirred the viper's nest. If this Lareth and his followers did not know we were here before, they surely do now. The secret door Braggi mentions will be but one of their means of getting to us."

The Pelorite stands, and paces, staring down the corridor where the gnoll fled.

"Do we let them come to us, here? Or seek them out in ground of their choosing, wholly unfamiliar to us?"

With action points I should have 4 channels left if I use them all on channeling...


Loot Sheet Female Human (Flan) Detective Bard 5 | HP 28/28 | CMB +6 / CMD +18 | AC 17 / T 12 / FF 15 | Fort +2 / Ref +6 / Will +6 | Initiative +2 | Bardic Performances 15/15 | Action Points 3/3 | Perception +12/+14 to detect traps | Active Effects: Ioun Torch

Zokama offers to heal people with the wand she found in their stuff.

If you want me to heal you, roll for it.


CG Human Barbarian 5 | Status:
Stats:
AC 18(16) (T 12, FF 15) | CMB +8(+10), CMD 19(21) | Init +1 | Speed 30ft | F +7(+10), R +3, W +4(+6) | Perc +10, SM +2
HP 55 (70) | Damage 0 | Rage 14/14

I didn't count in Navith's last Channel, but still.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

16+7 from the Channel, that's 23


Navith determines little among the assorted magical items, save that the mushroom labeled potions seem to bear a Faint Conjuration effect. From his time at the monastery it is reminiscent of the Cure Moderate Wounds potions the brothers brewed.

Everything else seemed to pulse in ways he could not focus upon, likely an effect of the humors coursing through his system after the battle, the brushes with death the group faced, together.


CG Human Barbarian 5 | Status:
Stats:
AC 18(16) (T 12, FF 15) | CMB +8(+10), CMD 19(21) | Init +1 | Speed 30ft | F +7(+10), R +3, W +4(+6) | Perc +10, SM +2
HP 55 (70) | Damage 0 | Rage 14/14

Braggi thinks about it for a minute before suggesting. "We could be under vigilance now." He puts a hand on his mouth, as to impede lip reading, and whispers. "We could rest outside, keeping vigilance, and being alert in case they try to get out."


From your investigation upstairs they do not seem to have noticed your hideout in the bandit's old lair, nor have they approached the collapsed tower wherein the spider died.

2,001 to 2,050 of 2,765 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Beyond the Tentacled Eye Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.