Beyond the Tentacled Eye - A Pathfinder Greyhawk Tharizdun Campaign

Game Master GM Darkblade

A View of Hommlet from the Southern Approach
Player's Map of Hommlet Proper
Townsfolk Images
Zert's Map
Menu of the Inn of the Welcome Wench


2,201 to 2,250 of 2,765 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>

CG Human Barbarian 5 | Status:
Stats:
AC 18(16) (T 12, FF 15) | CMB +8(+10), CMD 19(21) | Init +1 | Speed 30ft | F +7(+10), R +3, W +4(+6) | Perc +10, SM +2
HP 55 (70) | Damage 0 | Rage 14/14

"So, West or South?"


Musami Forgeborn Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) (5) HP 54/54 | AC:24 | T:12 | FF:23 CMB: +9 (+2 Sunder, Trip, Bullrush, Overrun)| CMD:21 (25 Vs Bullrush & Trip) | Fort:+7 | Ref:+2 | Will:+2 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities, +1 vs fear) | Init:+1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20') | Speed 20ft | Active Condition: -24NL Damage, Shaken

Fresh breeze from the south so that may be another entrance and a way out for us. Perhaps we investigate west first.


Loot Sheet Female Human (Flan) Detective Bard 5 | HP 28/28 | CMB +6 / CMD +18 | AC 17 / T 12 / FF 15 | Fort +2 / Ref +6 / Will +6 | Initiative +2 | Bardic Performances 15/15 | Action Points 3/3 | Perception +12/+14 to detect traps | Active Effects: Ioun Torch

Zokama makes sure they have all of the loot they found packed up and starts west.


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

Navith thinks briefly.

"At this stage I don't think one or the other is more or less safe. West it is..."

Thanks for the map GM!


Actually the breeze from the south was damp and cool, not necessarily "fresh".

The western passage extends 40' before turning north for 20', traveling further to the west. The air is becoming colder, it's flavor strongly smelling of the grave, dank decay and aged rot mixing with the stench of old blood and dried bile, odors more recent than an underlying earthiness, but growing stronger, more pronounced the further you travel. Likewise the air takes on a bit of a chill, the stones seeming to sap at your skin, creepy shudders twitching at your shoulders and backs. A palatable uneasiness pervades the area, and seems to be thickening the closer you get to the end of the passage. The tunnel ahead is faintly illuminated in a soft purple glow, eerily quiet, your steps slighted muted as you instinctively hesitate with each passing inch.

The passage appears to extend 30' more to the west before opening into a larger northern chamber, it's shape observable from your current vantage point.

Knowledge Arcana check please Navith and Zokama
Filnefillan Check: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24 Results pending


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

Untrained, sadly...

Navith pulls his borrowed flame-eyed cloak closer around himself as if to ward off the chill of the grave.

"I'll wager more living dead await us..."


Loot Sheet Female Human (Flan) Detective Bard 5 | HP 28/28 | CMB +6 / CMD +18 | AC 17 / T 12 / FF 15 | Fort +2 / Ref +6 / Will +6 | Initiative +2 | Bardic Performances 15/15 | Action Points 3/3 | Perception +12/+14 to detect traps | Active Effects: Ioun Torch

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


Neither Fil, Navith or Zokama can identify it, but the entire area beyond the corridor, and even somewhat beneath the flagstones under your feet, radiates a general sense of unease and disquiet, similar to that of a graveyard. It is a disturbed, angry, and foreboding presence. The very stones themselves seem to pulse slowly, low and light, with a wrongness, an evilness, yet also somewhat mildly hesitate, almost eager even, for your band to come closer.

Filnefillan seems to be taken with a small headache, his temples throbbing slightly as you approach.


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

"Filnefillan - are you alright to continue? This place, is it something similar to the presence you encountered before?"

Coming late, I'm a lityle hazy on just what was encountered on the first visit to the moathouse...


Fil replies to Navith, and sharing with the others, Yes, I am alright, but you are correct, I do sense the from earlier, somewhat stronger here, like I'm trying to remember something I've forgotten. Just out of reach, vague and ethereal, no substance just a nagging tickle of the mind. If that makes any sense.


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

"As much and as little as you might imagine" the Pelorite returns with a weary smile, placing a reassuring hand on the elf's shoulder.

"I do get the sense however that...whatever might be through yonder portal might be less than ethereal, very much physical and quite visceral. We must guard our approach and be careful."

Ready to move on in...


Anyone else preparing anything before advancing? Marching Order?


Musami Forgeborn Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) (5) HP 54/54 | AC:24 | T:12 | FF:23 CMB: +9 (+2 Sunder, Trip, Bullrush, Overrun)| CMD:21 (25 Vs Bullrush & Trip) | Fort:+7 | Ref:+2 | Will:+2 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities, +1 vs fear) | Init:+1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20') | Speed 20ft | Active Condition: -24NL Damage, Shaken

I have my shield and my hammers. I am ready to go. Happy to march in front or in the rear.


CG Human Barbarian 5 | Status:
Stats:
AC 18(16) (T 12, FF 15) | CMB +8(+10), CMD 19(21) | Init +1 | Speed 30ft | F +7(+10), R +3, W +4(+6) | Perc +10, SM +2
HP 55 (70) | Damage 0 | Rage 14/14

Braggi tightens the grip on his sword, v ready to keep on exploring despite his magical weakness.


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

I can cast bulls strength on you guys if you like, just not sure there will actually be a tacit threat inside...


Braggi and Musami lead the way, Navith following along behind them, with Filnefillan and Zokama bringing up the rear, bows at the ready. No buffs cast as of yet.

Dismal and cold, this dusty, cobweb-filled chamber has all the trappings of a crypt. Sarcophagi are stored in dark, shadow-filled alcoves along the walls. The builders of the dungeon had planned for a long tenancy which the Battle of Emridy Meadows apparently interrupted. Most of the burial niches are empty, their intended occupants never having proper rights or burials, dying in the assault which ruined the moat house above. A few however do contain splintered coffins, their wrappings and linings scattered about, gnawed and split bones littering the floor.

See Map for Crypt 33 layout

You are entering from the passage leaving 31


Musami Forgeborn Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) (5) HP 54/54 | AC:24 | T:12 | FF:23 CMB: +9 (+2 Sunder, Trip, Bullrush, Overrun)| CMD:21 (25 Vs Bullrush & Trip) | Fort:+7 | Ref:+2 | Will:+2 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities, +1 vs fear) | Init:+1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20') | Speed 20ft | Active Condition: -24NL Damage, Shaken

Musami cautiously advances, looking left and right. He has seen the splintered coffins and the wrappings, but is unsure if some of the previous occupants of the niches didn't just get up and walk off.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Loot Sheet Female Human (Flan) Detective Bard 5 | HP 28/28 | CMB +6 / CMD +18 | AC 17 / T 12 / FF 15 | Fort +2 / Ref +6 / Will +6 | Initiative +2 | Bardic Performances 15/15 | Action Points 3/3 | Perception +12/+14 to detect traps | Active Effects: Ioun Torch

Zokama casts detect magic and looks around the room to see if there is anything magical. (She will take at least three rounds to do this unless interrupted by something.)

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

Bereft of his oft-prepared detect undead, Navith curses himself for a fool, gripping the fell morningstar tight.


In the far northern corner of the room four ghoulish and emaciated creatures pull themselves out of the crypt niches, dropping to their knees and half crawl, half grovel their way towards your group. They seem to be mewling something half heard under their movements, difficult to hear over the scrapping of dry leathery skin tearing on the stone floor.

For Zokama:
You can barely make out the creatures each muttering something different, perhaps Protect the Master, Find the Keys, Await the Emissary, and Hail to the Prophet.


CG Human Barbarian 5 | Status:
Stats:
AC 18(16) (T 12, FF 15) | CMB +8(+10), CMD 19(21) | Init +1 | Speed 30ft | F +7(+10), R +3, W +4(+6) | Perc +10, SM +2
HP 55 (70) | Damage 0 | Rage 14/14

Braggi checks with the rest, wanting to confirm if they're going to attack. He lifts his sword ready, waiting for a sign.


Loot Sheet Female Human (Flan) Detective Bard 5 | HP 28/28 | CMB +6 / CMD +18 | AC 17 / T 12 / FF 15 | Fort +2 / Ref +6 / Will +6 | Initiative +2 | Bardic Performances 15/15 | Action Points 3/3 | Perception +12/+14 to detect traps | Active Effects: Ioun Torch

Zokama takes a shot at the leading undead

Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 1 = 9

Missing terribly.

They are saying different creepy things like "Protect the Master," "Find the Keys," "Await the Emissary," and "Hail to the Prophet."


Initiative Rolls:

Braggi: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Filnefillan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Musami: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Navith: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Zokama: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Undead A: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Undead B: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Undead C: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Undead D: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Undead E: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Undead F: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Zokama's arrow missed wide, causing the undead creatures to hiss and shriek in rage.

They cease their mutterings and rise as a group, lurking up from the filthy tiled floors. Two additional creatures, longer and more gangling than the others appear from the southern corner of the room. They fawning and subservient demeanor shattered by the attack.

The additional humanoid creatures have long, sharp teeth, thin rail bone limbs, and sharp angular features, almost elven in appearance, draped in clothing somewhat better preserved than the others. Their pallid flesh is stretched tightly over starved frames, bulbous and protruding veins pulsing slightly with a purplish hue.

Undead A rushes up to Musami, blocking his approach, drooling and defensive.

Undead C squares off with Braggi, equally defensive and angry.

Undead E further blocks the passage, making it impossible to advance without engaging one of the trio. It bears a nauseating stench similar to the one encountered before, fouling the air around Braggi, Musami, and Navith. DC 15 Fortitude saves please. Filnefillan and Zokama will need to save if they attempt to advance any closer.

Initiative Order
Second Group Acts
First Group: Zokama, Undead A, Undead C, Undead E
Second Group: Filnefillan, Musami, Navith, Undead B, Undead F
Third Group: Braggi, Undead D


Musami Forgeborn Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) (5) HP 54/54 | AC:24 | T:12 | FF:23 CMB: +9 (+2 Sunder, Trip, Bullrush, Overrun)| CMD:21 (25 Vs Bullrush & Trip) | Fort:+7 | Ref:+2 | Will:+2 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities, +1 vs fear) | Init:+1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20') | Speed 20ft | Active Condition: -24NL Damage, Shaken

Fort Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Musami looks down at the pitiable thing at his feet. He swings his mace down at the crawling undead.

+1 heavy mace, power attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21 Damage, power attack: 1d8 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 = 10


Musami's mace strikes hard against the creature's side, muted somewhat as his muscles seem to push against themselves under the dim shadows of the oppressive halls, barely cracking bones and dislodging it's desiccated flesh in a small shower of papery bits and dusty fragments. The creature steps back barely, staying standing, it's ghoulish hunger and undying rage keeping it upright and in the dwarf's face.

Initiative Order
Second Group Acts
First Group: Zokama, Undead A (w), Undead C, Undead E
Second Group: Filnefillan, Musami (acted), Navith, Undead B, Undead F
Third Group: Braggi, Undead D


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Crypt Battle


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

Fort, DC 15: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Navith snorts against the foul reek, then steps behind Musami. Holding his holy symbol high he calls:

"Pelor - cleanse the filth with your pure destruction!"

Move Action: Move 5' to north, behind Musami.[Can simeone move Navith please...]

Standard Action: Channel Energy.

Channel, DC 14: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 3) + 4 = 12


Channel Saves DC 14:

Undead A: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
Undead B: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18
Undead C: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
Undead D: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
Undead E: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24
Ghoul F is outside the range of the channel effect

Navith attempts to funnel the power of Pelor into the ruined crypt but finds something fouler, darker, actively pushing back against his efforts. Only the creature before Musami seems even touched by the burst of holy fire, singed slightly around the edges of the wound the dwarf inflicted with his mace. The cleric himself seems assaulted by the miasmatic effects of the aura, a cold and oily sensation running over his body, a soft whispered chuckle echoing inside his head.

Undead B moves up beside it's brethren, taking a defensive stance, hissing and snapping at Braggi, but taking no directly hostile action.

Undead F steps over somewhat, to better view your group, then bows and softly speaks, Tennu viajon penojin, oh instrumentojh de dia rekompenca. Nia Mallumas Sinjoroth songhis vian alvenon. Ni ghojash pria nian. Ceu vi volas parolii kun ni?

In Elvish:
Hold your efforts oh instruments of divine retribution. Our Dark Lord dreamt your coming. We his true faithful bid you welcome. Would that you parley with us?

Filnefillan stands stock still, his eyes locked on the creature across the room, his mind reeling from the words as much as in remembering the thing from his first foray into the moat house. It is one of the pair that avoided combat while the mage group fought against the skeletons, losing Cedryk and by association Jocasta in the process. He clutches at his chest reflexively, taking no action this round, his infected wound aching at the memory and the words being uttered. Total Defense

Initiative Order
Third Group Acts
First Group: Zokama, Undead A (w), Undead C, Undead E
Second Group: Filnefillan, Musami, Navith, Undead B, Undead F
Third Group: Braggi, Undead D

Crypt


Loot Sheet Female Human (Flan) Detective Bard 5 | HP 28/28 | CMB +6 / CMD +18 | AC 17 / T 12 / FF 15 | Fort +2 / Ref +6 / Will +6 | Initiative +2 | Bardic Performances 15/15 | Action Points 3/3 | Perception +12/+14 to detect traps | Active Effects: Ioun Torch

Zokama is surprised.

Elvish:

Why would we parley with undead, which are the antithesis of life and all we value?

Not sure how you handle talking. If I need to only do it on my initiative, as part of my action, let me know.


The creature offers a strange, disturbing smile, all jagged teeth and a long fork tipped tongue. Kar kiel vis, nia serkas detruii lae defilojhna de se tiu sanktah loko, blasfemantoji de nia Malluma Sinjoro kaji mastro.

In Elvish:
Because like you we seek to destroy the defilers of this sacred site, blasphemers of our Dark Lord and master.


Loot Sheet Female Human (Flan) Detective Bard 5 | HP 28/28 | CMB +6 / CMD +18 | AC 17 / T 12 / FF 15 | Fort +2 / Ref +6 / Will +6 | Initiative +2 | Bardic Performances 15/15 | Action Points 3/3 | Perception +12/+14 to detect traps | Active Effects: Ioun Torch

Zokama curls her lip in revulsion, wary of a trap, but continues.

Elvish:

How can you help us, and what do you want in return? We obviously won't agree to spare your lives indefinitely, but my comrades might be willing to agree to that temporarily if you have something to offer that makes it worthwhile.


CG Human Barbarian 5 | Status:
Stats:
AC 18(16) (T 12, FF 15) | CMB +8(+10), CMD 19(21) | Init +1 | Speed 30ft | F +7(+10), R +3, W +4(+6) | Perc +10, SM +2
HP 55 (70) | Damage 0 | Rage 14/14

Braggi holds his sword for a second, not having a clue of what is happening. "Eh... Should we fight, or should we order drinks?"


Bowing to Zokama and Filnefillan, La Majestro rakontish ali nia en vidadojh pria via alvenos. Li benits vine per sia keesto kajh antaovidas vin iuna tagon liberigia line del Unending Night. Nia diros ali via prii la defiloga, kie trovi ilin, por ke vi povu detrui ilin. Longe ni servis ki tie, forlasante la eksteran mondon. Ni mangros de la kadavroj, kiujn vi lasas malantaŭe kaj atendos la tagon, kiam nia Majstro vekas unufoje pli.

In Elvish:
The Master has told us in visions of slumber of your coming. He has blessed you with his presence and foresees you someday releasing him from Unending Night. We will tell you of the defilers, where to find them, that you may destroy them. Long have we served here, forswearing the outside world. We will feed of the corpses you leave behind and await the day our Master wakes once more.


Musami Forgeborn Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) (5) HP 54/54 | AC:24 | T:12 | FF:23 CMB: +9 (+2 Sunder, Trip, Bullrush, Overrun)| CMD:21 (25 Vs Bullrush & Trip) | Fort:+7 | Ref:+2 | Will:+2 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities, +1 vs fear) | Init:+1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20') | Speed 20ft | Active Condition: -24NL Damage, Shaken

Musami looks around nervously. What's going on?


Loot Sheet Female Human (Flan) Detective Bard 5 | HP 28/28 | CMB +6 / CMD +18 | AC 17 / T 12 / FF 15 | Fort +2 / Ref +6 / Will +6 | Initiative +2 | Bardic Performances 15/15 | Action Points 3/3 | Perception +12/+14 to detect traps | Active Effects: Ioun Torch

Zokama tells the group

These undead... things... want us to get rid of another group of bad things, and offer to tell us where they are. They think we are going to free their master and they want to eat the corpses we leave behind. Sounds like we don't have to fight them if we don't want to, and we might as well get the information... so, just a sec.

Zokama turns back to the undead that is addressing them and says

Elvish:

We don't care if you eat the corpses I suppose, but we aren't planning on waking your master. We're probably willing to get rid of the "defilers" for you, but no promises until we know who and what they are. Is that good enough for you?


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

Navith lowers his holy sun symbol, and is momentarily as confused as Musami and Braggi. Upon Zokama's explanation the Pelorite thinks quickly.

"Ask them if their enemy wears the Flaming Eye. I imagine the cold life of undeath would not particularly relish the cleansing fire, no matter if of Pelor or in service to Evil."


Loot Sheet Female Human (Flan) Detective Bard 5 | HP 28/28 | CMB +6 / CMD +18 | AC 17 / T 12 / FF 15 | Fort +2 / Ref +6 / Will +6 | Initiative +2 | Bardic Performances 15/15 | Action Points 3/3 | Perception +12/+14 to detect traps | Active Effects: Ioun Torch

Zokama relays Navith's question in Elvish.


Again smiling that disturbing grin, the creature answers Zokama's questions, gesturing to it's minions to retreat 5' and hold their positions.

For Zokama, in Elvish:
It matters little if you intend it, bowing deeply, our Master has dreamt it, and so it shall come to pass. Pointing to you and Filnefillan, You and your companion have been blessed by our Dark Lord to be His salvation. Sweeping his arm to the directions indicated, The defilers of His word are both below and beyond, perverting the truth and worship of our Master to serve false prophets and lesser gods. They are abominations worthy of death, destruction, and defilement. Some are those who wear the Flaming Eye yes, and they hide along the passageways to the east. Another usurper and his ilk are below, false priests tampering with one of the Master's Talons. Angrily it continues They must be stopped, most unworthy to touch the point of purity, wholly undeserving of the rewards the Master bestows upon those who brave oblivion. You must slay them all, and in doing so serve the Master as so must we all. Again smiling and flicking that split tongue, Do this, and our Master may reward you most graciously. We will show you His altar and you may bask in His glory as do we all.


Loot Sheet Female Human (Flan) Detective Bard 5 | HP 28/28 | CMB +6 / CMD +18 | AC 17 / T 12 / FF 15 | Fort +2 / Ref +6 / Will +6 | Initiative +2 | Bardic Performances 15/15 | Action Points 3/3 | Perception +12/+14 to detect traps | Active Effects: Ioun Torch

Zokama translates for the party.

So, he says the other bad guys that wear the flaming eye are to the east, and a different group below. ... He also says some creepy things about me and Filnefillan being chosen by the "dark lord" and that if we kill them all that they will show us some creepy altar and we can, uh, "bask in his glory." Personally, I am totally creeped out, but sounds like we can bypass these guys for now, if you want to.


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

Navith smiles a thin, bare smile.

"My lord deems the living dead an abomination...but if I am to live to further his glory I should not die here. We seek only the Flaming Eye,and should we root out all these competitors to this creature and its ilk we only make them stronger. Let us leave them here and return to the east as they say. I do not understand "below" except to mean deeper, and I do not wish to go any deeper..."


Musami Forgeborn Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) (5) HP 54/54 | AC:24 | T:12 | FF:23 CMB: +9 (+2 Sunder, Trip, Bullrush, Overrun)| CMD:21 (25 Vs Bullrush & Trip) | Fort:+7 | Ref:+2 | Will:+2 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities, +1 vs fear) | Init:+1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20') | Speed 20ft | Active Condition: -24NL Damage, Shaken

Musami has some questions of his own. Does their master have his own sign or symbol? Like the Flaming Eye or Pelor's sun? And how long has this "Master' been here? What is his relationship to the town? I should not like to leave a threat to the town down here, festering.


Loot Sheet Female Human (Flan) Detective Bard 5 | HP 28/28 | CMB +6 / CMD +18 | AC 17 / T 12 / FF 15 | Fort +2 / Ref +6 / Will +6 | Initiative +2 | Bardic Performances 15/15 | Action Points 3/3 | Perception +12/+14 to detect traps | Active Effects: Ioun Torch

Zokama translates for Musami.


The creature straightens up tall and solemn, almost reciting a liturgy in response to the dwarf's translated query.

For Zokama in Elvish:
Our Master is the Never Ending Maelstrom, the Stone which Crushes Creation, the Chained God envied by all other beings. He is known by many symbols, for His form is endless, yet none bear the true beauty of His Shifting Majesty. For us He is known symbolically by the spiral from within the darkness. To say His given name is to limit Him, and this cannot be countenanced. Such crimes are punishable by death most deserved. The usurpers and defilers seek to cleave away pieces of His might and glory. He is no simple Elder Elemental Eye, nor Flaming Eye, and certainly not merely the Obex Defiled. He is that which Heaven and Earth feared, the counter to the mistakes of Creation. May they all burn forever in the deepest pits of the Abyss, when our Master awakens once more and is freed upon the ether.

As for the town above we have no interest in it or it's residents. They are to us as the flea bites of your gods are to our Master. We have lived here in service to our Dreaming Master since long before the house was erected above us, and we will linger here long after all have fallen to time and entropy, awaiting the day our Dark God returns to bring forth the promised oblivion.


Musami Forgeborn Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) (5) HP 54/54 | AC:24 | T:12 | FF:23 CMB: +9 (+2 Sunder, Trip, Bullrush, Overrun)| CMD:21 (25 Vs Bullrush & Trip) | Fort:+7 | Ref:+2 | Will:+2 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities, +1 vs fear) | Init:+1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20') | Speed 20ft | Active Condition: -24NL Damage, Shaken

Musami looks expectantly at Zokama for a translation.


Loot Sheet Female Human (Flan) Detective Bard 5 | HP 28/28 | CMB +6 / CMD +18 | AC 17 / T 12 / FF 15 | Fort +2 / Ref +6 / Will +6 | Initiative +2 | Bardic Performances 15/15 | Action Points 3/3 | Perception +12/+14 to detect traps | Active Effects: Ioun Torch

Zokama translates for Musami.

Just read the spoiler if that is okay. Exhausted. Will try to role play better tomorrow.


Musami Forgeborn Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) (5) HP 54/54 | AC:24 | T:12 | FF:23 CMB: +9 (+2 Sunder, Trip, Bullrush, Overrun)| CMD:21 (25 Vs Bullrush & Trip) | Fort:+7 | Ref:+2 | Will:+2 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities, +1 vs fear) | Init:+1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20') | Speed 20ft | Active Condition: -24NL Damage, Shaken

All good. I know the feeling. I just got busted at work. I was sitting reading some paperwork at my desk and dozed off. Someone came to see me and woke me.

Navith, do you know much of this "Chained God"?


CG Human Barbarian 5 | Status:
Stats:
AC 18(16) (T 12, FF 15) | CMB +8(+10), CMD 19(21) | Init +1 | Speed 30ft | F +7(+10), R +3, W +4(+6) | Perc +10, SM +2
HP 55 (70) | Damage 0 | Rage 14/14

"For good's sake, they're totally crazy..." The mere idea of a god feared by all gods who will bring about the end of the world sounds stupid to the northerner.

Sarcasm mode: off xD


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

Navith's bare smile widens and he nods to Braggi.

"It does seem like madness, betimes...."

Knowledge: Religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Epic fail, probably for the best actually...


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

"I get the distinct impression that these beings speak truly - for here they are and the town knows them not. I feel the town has little to fear from them unless the creatures are disturbed. Were we in great numbers or greater force I would clean them out, but for now, strange bedfellows they may be..."


While your group discusses the offer, the lead creature beckons it's brethren close, all but him dropping to their knees in a circle around him, rocking back and forth and humming a soft chant that bears no recognizable rhyme or rhythm, discordant and disquieting both in it's random oddness and in the precise uniformity of the beings utterances, barely a breath out of sync.

The leader watches your group, waiting for some sign of your decisions regarding his paired offers and requests.

2,201 to 2,250 of 2,765 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Beyond the Tentacled Eye Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.