Beyond the Tentacled Eye - A Pathfinder Greyhawk Tharizdun Campaign

Game Master GM Darkblade

A View of Hommlet from the Southern Approach
Player's Map of Hommlet Proper
Townsfolk Images
Zert's Map
Menu of the Inn of the Welcome Wench


2,151 to 2,200 of 2,765 << first < prev | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | next > last >>

Musami Forgeborn Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) (5) HP 54/54 | AC:24 | T:12 | FF:23 CMB: +9 (+2 Sunder, Trip, Bullrush, Overrun)| CMD:21 (25 Vs Bullrush & Trip) | Fort:+7 | Ref:+2 | Will:+2 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities, +1 vs fear) | Init:+1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20') | Speed 20ft | Active Condition: -24NL Damage, Shaken

Musami swings his +1 mace at the lizard thing. His arm whirls around as he swings underhanded in an attempt to drive the mace deeply into its chest. He puts all of his effort into it, and all of his effort also into not losing his meager breakfast.

+1 heavy mace, Power attack, sickened: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 9 - 2 = 12 Damage, power attack, sickened: 1d8 + 5 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 - 2 = 6


Musami's mace bounces off the lizard's thick hide armor, failing to even scuff it's scaly surface.

Initiative Order
Second Group Acts
First Group: Reptile, Priest
Second Group: Braggi, Filnefillan, Musami (acted), Navith, Zokama

Battlemap


Loot Sheet Female Human (Flan) Detective Bard 5 | HP 28/28 | CMB +6 / CMD +18 | AC 17 / T 12 / FF 15 | Fort +2 / Ref +6 / Will +6 | Initiative +2 | Bardic Performances 15/15 | Action Points 3/3 | Perception +12/+14 to detect traps | Active Effects: Ioun Torch

Concentration check: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 - 2 = 15 (sickened)

With no damage, that should make it, I believe.


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

Don't forget bless folks: Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

Navith swallows against his rising gorge and stabs over Musami's head with his longspear.

Skew!!!: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 14 [+3 BAB , +2 Str, +1 Weapon Focus, +1 enhancement, +1 bless ]
Kffft!!!: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 [+3 THF, +1 enhancement]


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

GM - is it possible to 5' step diagonally into the western passage? If so, Navith does that first...


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

You still with us Fil?


CG Human Barbarian 5 | Status:
Stats:
AC 18(16) (T 12, FF 15) | CMB +8(+10), CMD 19(21) | Init +1 | Speed 30ft | F +7(+10), R +3, W +4(+6) | Perc +10, SM +2
HP 55 (70) | Damage 0 | Rage 14/14

Will Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 I guess that's a fail xD

Feeling his body weakening, Braggi let's go all of his wrath, eyes red, hitting his opponent without mercy.

Rage! AC this turn: 12

Intimidate Vs Humanoid: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

If successful, swift:
Greatsword, Reckless Abandon, Bless: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 23
Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 4) + 6 = 15


I am thinking we have lost Filnefillan. Thoughts?

Yes Zokama, that met the DC for silence while sickened by the pair of noxious odors. Zokama builds up the energies of her song, releasing it in a Rest Fermata blanketing the enemy casters as well as her companions equally, the noise of their battle now covered in a quiet stillness.

Navith, due to the hard corner and Musami engaged in combat you would not be able to take a 5' step past the corner. Navith stabs over Musami's shoulder but fails to connect with the reptilian beast battling him. He curses to himself with the miss, noticing no sound issues from his throat, only the quiet voice of his own mind.

Braggi feels the strength slipping from his grip as his entire body heats up to a fevered peak, sweat pouring from him, weakness and fatigue aching over every muscle as he moves. He attempts to intimidate the pair of priests but in his weakened condition they seem to shrug off his otherwise fierce demeanor. Both priests have a high Will Save and are able to cast 3rd level spells. I didn't include a penalty for being under the effects of Silence, though I imagine Braggi's growling rage would seem a bit less intimidating different without the sound effects.

The reptilian priest again slashes out at Musami, it's Spiked Gauntlet: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24, the jagged glassy stone bladelets cutting across his exposed right arm for Damage: 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8, the beast hissing silently down at the dwarf in eager bloodlust.

The human priest bumps it's reptilian companion, gesturing in an arm pump manner with a nod of it's head, then swings it's Heavy Mace: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 at Braggi, battering his right shoulder for Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4.

Filnefillan seems lost in himself, the smell of the dungeon triggering something in him, leaving him momentarily stunned, acting on defensive instinct but little aware of the danger his companions face.

Initiative Order
Second Group Acts
First Group: Reptile, Priest
Second Group: Braggi, Filnefillan, Musami, Navith, Zokama

Battlemap


Musami Forgeborn Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) (5) HP 54/54 | AC:24 | T:12 | FF:23 CMB: +9 (+2 Sunder, Trip, Bullrush, Overrun)| CMD:21 (25 Vs Bullrush & Trip) | Fort:+7 | Ref:+2 | Will:+2 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities, +1 vs fear) | Init:+1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20') | Speed 20ft | Active Condition: -24NL Damage, Shaken

Watch it Navith. That was nearly my ear. We need space. Musami tries to push past the reptile.

Overrun: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

I don't have improved overrun so AoO if you want, or you could just let me pass :P


Loot Sheet Female Human (Flan) Detective Bard 5 | HP 28/28 | CMB +6 / CMD +18 | AC 17 / T 12 / FF 15 | Fort +2 / Ref +6 / Will +6 | Initiative +2 | Bardic Performances 15/15 | Action Points 3/3 | Perception +12/+14 to detect traps | Active Effects: Ioun Torch

If we have lost him, what would you like to do... continue down a person, or recruit someone?

Zokama steps forward to the edge of the silence, but not into it, and aims at the priest.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 1 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6


Musami realizes as he speaks that he is making no noise at all, his voice, armor, weapons, and pained exclamations all silent.

As Musami attempts to push past the reptilian cleric it Slashes: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 Confirmation: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30 at the dwarf, cutting across his chest deeply for Damage: 2d4 + 14 ⇒ (4, 2) + 14 = 20 , as it also steps aside to allow him to step behind it. It's tail rises up to show a small outcropping of bony spikes at the tip, wavering towards the warrior.

Zokama's arrow is deflected by the priest's shield, the shaft bouncing off and past the man into the dark tunnel beyond.

Initiative Order
Second Group Acts
First Group: Reptile, Priest
Second Group: Braggi, Filnefillan, Musami (acted), Navith, Zokama (acted)

Battlemap


CG Human Barbarian 5 | Status:
Stats:
AC 18(16) (T 12, FF 15) | CMB +8(+10), CMD 19(21) | Init +1 | Speed 30ft | F +7(+10), R +3, W +4(+6) | Perc +10, SM +2
HP 55 (70) | Damage 0 | Rage 14/14

Stepping aside to get a better angle, Braggi strives hard against the reptilian, hoping to drop it quickly before they wreck the group with their terrible lucky streak. Can't move from my mobile, if someone please can position me in so as to flank with Musami, I'll give him a cookie.

Greatsword, Reckless Abandon, Bless, Flank, Power Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 2 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 20
Damage: 2d6 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 1) + 6 + 6 = 18

For f@#k's sake, we could win this easily if I stop rolling under 10 and they stop rolling over 15...


Braggi manages to put a deep scratch across the reptile's hide armor, but fails to penetrate beyond it or thru the beast's own tough hide.

And I misspoke earlier, the human priest casts 3rd level spells, the reptilian priest casts 2nd level.

Initiative Order
Second Group Acts
First Group: Reptile, Priest
Second Group: Braggi (acted), Filnefillan, Musami (acted), Navith, Zokama (acted)

Battlemap


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

Navith cries out in mute dismay at the sturdy dwarf's excellent movement falls prey to the saurian oppressor. The Pelorite's face snarls into a bestial grimace as his mind races.

Forgive me lord for blight I bring to your name.

The clatter of the radiant sun emblazoned longspear hitting the ground is unheard as Navith brings forth the grim morningstar won at Emridy, the fell power coursing through the battle priest's arms. He steps forward and swings at the human dark priest.

Free Action: Drop +1 longspear.

Move Action: Move forward 5', drawing +1 human bane morningstar.

Standard Action: Attack human priest.

Kvaaa!!!: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 + 1 + 3 = 14 [+3 BAB , +2 Str, +1 bless, +3 enhancement due to bane
Vooshk!!!: 1d8 + 3 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 3 + (5, 6) = 21 [+3 THF, +3 enhancement, +2d6 bane]

Can someone please move Navith to flanking the trog/lizard with Musami (even though Navith is attacking the human)


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

I'm less concerned about Fil in the long term and more interested in whether you can bot him to at least fire his cantrip every round...if that is what he has/does...


Navith steps up and distracts both the reptile and the priest as he launches an attack at the man. His weapon, while eager to taste blood, fails to penetrate the man's armor, bouncing aside angrily.

Filnefillan seems to snap back to his senses, a strange look of confusion and concern on his face. He steps forward, drawing a flask of Alchemist's Fire from his belt (deduct the cost from stored cash Fil) and fires off a Scorching Ray: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 as a Ranged Touch effect, striking the reptilian creature high on the shoulder, splashing the conflagration over it's cheek and jaw as well. The fire clings to the beast, burning on as the magic fades, Damage: 4d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 2, 4) + (5) = 18.

Material Component effect, causes the target to catch fire and burn as per Alchemist's Fire.

The reptilian priest thrashes about smacking at it's head and body with it's taloned hands, trying to smother the flames licking at it, Reflex DC 15: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 , succeeding in putting out the flames, but suffering disfigurement and charred scales in the process.

The human priest turns his attentions towards Navith, sensing the malice wafting off the weapon in his hands. He swings his own Mace: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 at the Pelorite, missing off to the right between both combatants facing him.

Initiative Order
Second Group Acts
First Group: Reptile, Priest
Second Group: Braggi, Filnefillan, Musami, Navith, Zokama

Battlemap


Musami Forgeborn Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) (5) HP 54/54 | AC:24 | T:12 | FF:23 CMB: +9 (+2 Sunder, Trip, Bullrush, Overrun)| CMD:21 (25 Vs Bullrush & Trip) | Fort:+7 | Ref:+2 | Will:+2 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities, +1 vs fear) | Init:+1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20') | Speed 20ft | Active Condition: -24NL Damage, Shaken

Musami swings with the heavy mace for all he is worth at the reptile priest.

Heavy Mace, Power Attack, Flank: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 2 = 13 Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 = 14


CG Human Barbarian 5 | Status:
Stats:
AC 18(16) (T 12, FF 15) | CMB +8(+10), CMD 19(21) | Init +1 | Speed 30ft | F +7(+10), R +3, W +4(+6) | Perc +10, SM +2
HP 55 (70) | Damage 0 | Rage 14/14
Braggi Wrongeye wrote:
Can't move from my mobile, if someone please can position me in so as to flank with Musami, I'll give him a cookie.

So...

Greatsword, Reckless Abandon, Bless, Power Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 27
Damage: 2d6 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 1) + 6 + 6 = 16


Musami Forgeborn Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) (5) HP 54/54 | AC:24 | T:12 | FF:23 CMB: +9 (+2 Sunder, Trip, Bullrush, Overrun)| CMD:21 (25 Vs Bullrush & Trip) | Fort:+7 | Ref:+2 | Will:+2 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities, +1 vs fear) | Init:+1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20') | Speed 20ft | Active Condition: -24NL Damage, Shaken

At least 1 of us hit Braggi


Musami's swing fails to connect, the gyrating reptile moving too unpredictably to gauge a proper strike.

Braggi however successfully lands a blow against the human priest, his blade cutting a deep furrow along the man's belly, causing him to grimace and cry out, no sound coming from his plaintive face.

Filnefillan attempts to strike once more, focusing his thoughts on the power of his arcane bond to summon another spell, taking another flask of Alchemist's Fire from his belt (deduct the cost from stored cash Fil) and fires off his last Scorching Ray: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25, Confirmation: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12, hitting the beast once again, the fires burning at it for Damage: 4d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 1, 5) + (6) = 19, as it falls to it's belly clawing at the sticky flames, succumbing to it's broiling heat. Reflex Save DC 15: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Initiative Order
Second Group Acts
First Group: Reptile, Priest
Second Group: Braggi (acted), Filnefillan (acted), Musami (acted), Navith, Zokama

Battlemap


Loot Sheet Female Human (Flan) Detective Bard 5 | HP 28/28 | CMB +6 / CMD +18 | AC 17 / T 12 / FF 15 | Fort +2 / Ref +6 / Will +6 | Initiative +2 | Bardic Performances 15/15 | Action Points 3/3 | Perception +12/+14 to detect traps | Active Effects: Ioun Torch

Zokama shoots again at the priest.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 1 = 11


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

If Zokama and Braggi haven't wiped him...

Emboldened by the fall of the reptilian, and with Braggi and Zokama finding their mark Navith brings the dark weapon to bear again, swinging wildly and missing again.

Standard Action: Attack human priest.

Fwoo!!!: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 + 1 + 3 = 13 [+3 BAB , +2 Str, +1 bless, +3 enhancement [ooc]due to bane]
Schkvak!!!: 1d8 + 3 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 3 + (4, 2) = 18 [+3 THF, +3 enhancement, +2d6 bane]


CG Human Barbarian 5 | Status:
Stats:
AC 18(16) (T 12, FF 15) | CMB +8(+10), CMD 19(21) | Init +1 | Speed 30ft | F +7(+10), R +3, W +4(+6) | Perc +10, SM +2
HP 55 (70) | Damage 0 | Rage 14/14

No one performs Onomatopoeic Strike like you, Navith xD


The priest grins as he catches Zokama's arrow on his shield, a shot which had been heading for his heart. He then backhanded Navith's mace, deflecting it wide and posing no threat at the moment.

He then flashes a grin as he shows the Flaming Eye emblem enameled on his shield, a silent prayer to whatever entity it represents pouring unholy heat across the halls, doing Negative Energy Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 5) = 12 over everyone. DC 14 WIL Save to halve the damage everyone.

Fil Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Initiative Order
Second Group Acts
First Group: Reptile, Priest
Second Group: Braggi, Filnefillan, Musami, Navith, Zokama

Battlemap


Musami Forgeborn Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) (5) HP 54/54 | AC:24 | T:12 | FF:23 CMB: +9 (+2 Sunder, Trip, Bullrush, Overrun)| CMD:21 (25 Vs Bullrush & Trip) | Fort:+7 | Ref:+2 | Will:+2 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities, +1 vs fear) | Init:+1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20') | Speed 20ft | Active Condition: -24NL Damage, Shaken

Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Musami takes the full brunt of the energy blast.

He retaliates by stepping across and swinging his hammer at the priest

heavy mace, Bless, Power Attack, Flank, : 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 1 + 2 = 18 Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 = 14


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

Will, DC 14: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

I'll take my action after Braggi and Zokama...


CG Human Barbarian 5 | Status:
Stats:
AC 18(16) (T 12, FF 15) | CMB +8(+10), CMD 19(21) | Init +1 | Speed 30ft | F +7(+10), R +3, W +4(+6) | Perc +10, SM +2
HP 55 (70) | Damage 0 | Rage 14/14

Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Gritting his teeth, Braggi resist most of the negative energy. "This ends now!" he shouts, discharging a powerful blow on the enemy priest.

Greatsword, Flank, Power Attack, Reckless Abandon, Bless: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 30
Damage: 2d6 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (1, 1) + 6 + 6 = 14

Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 2 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 28
Potential Damage: 2d6 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 4) + 6 + 6 = 20


Loot Sheet Female Human (Flan) Detective Bard 5 | HP 28/28 | CMB +6 / CMD +18 | AC 17 / T 12 / FF 15 | Fort +2 / Ref +6 / Will +6 | Initiative +2 | Bardic Performances 15/15 | Action Points 3/3 | Perception +12/+14 to detect traps | Active Effects: Ioun Torch

Zokama shoots at the priest.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 1 = 27
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9

Crit Confirm?: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 = 17 (no)


Between Braggi and Zokama it seems the priest was overwhelmed and fell under their combined onslaught, the smirk and confidence he had a moment prior gone in the agony of death.

Zokama Will Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 Successful for half damage

A sudden cheer for the victory erupts from the heroes, though only silence echoes among the band, the bard's spell denying them their well earned boisterousness.


CG Human Barbarian 5 | Status:
Stats:
AC 18(16) (T 12, FF 15) | CMB +8(+10), CMD 19(21) | Init +1 | Speed 30ft | F +7(+10), R +3, W +4(+6) | Perc +10, SM +2
HP 55 (70) | Damage 0 | Rage 14/14

When the enemy is finally defeated, Braggi relaxes and all the accumulated fatigue suddenly kicks in. "Anyone knows what the heck did this one throw at me? I feel weaker than a hungry squirrel in Winter."


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

Navith breathes heavily, adrenaline still coursing through him.

"I have...have no idea. You ok? Is everyone ok? Fil?"

The Pelorite stands ready, not quite sure the battle is over nor the danger passed.


Musami Forgeborn Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) (5) HP 54/54 | AC:24 | T:12 | FF:23 CMB: +9 (+2 Sunder, Trip, Bullrush, Overrun)| CMD:21 (25 Vs Bullrush & Trip) | Fort:+7 | Ref:+2 | Will:+2 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities, +1 vs fear) | Init:+1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20') | Speed 20ft | Active Condition: -24NL Damage, Shaken

With the priests dispatched Musami sits on the floor with his back to a wall. I just need a moment, then I'll be right to go again.

He unstoppers a small vial and drinks it down.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Well, that's that then. Any other healing around?


Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 Failed to identify the reptilian creature.

Fil stands back from the aura of silence and casts Detect Magic, determining a few auras and pointing them out to Zokama.

He tells the bard, and anyone who stepped out of the aura of silence, the priest's armor has an aura to it, and he has some magicks hidden inside the folds of his robes.

The reptile thing has a fading spell on it's gauntlet, something similar fading on it's armor, and a few steadier items inside the large pouch on it's waist.


Loot Sheet Female Human (Flan) Detective Bard 5 | HP 28/28 | CMB +6 / CMD +18 | AC 17 / T 12 / FF 15 | Fort +2 / Ref +6 / Will +6 | Initiative +2 | Bardic Performances 15/15 | Action Points 3/3 | Perception +12/+14 to detect traps | Active Effects: Ioun Torch

Zokama uses the Wand of Cure Light Wounds to heal Musami.

Don't remember is Silence is dismissable, but if it is, I do so people can talk.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 (15 total at this point)
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 (40 total, 6 charges taken off)

Anyone else need healing?

Then Zokama searches the bodies, setting anything useful aside, but taking special note of the magic items that Fil pointed out, and trying to identify them.

Priest's Armor:
Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Reptile's Armor:
Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Reptile Gauntlet:
Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Unknown Item (in robe or pouch):
Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Unknown Item (in robe or pouch):
Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Unknown Item (in robe or pouch):
Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Unknown Item (in robe or pouch):
Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Unknown Item (in robe or pouch):
Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

It sounded like there were at least plural things in the robe and more than that in the reptile's pouch, but if I got it wrong, just let me know to roll more, or disregard some of the rolls.

Edit: Note, 26 charges left on the wand.


Musami Forgeborn Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) (5) HP 54/54 | AC:24 | T:12 | FF:23 CMB: +9 (+2 Sunder, Trip, Bullrush, Overrun)| CMD:21 (25 Vs Bullrush & Trip) | Fort:+7 | Ref:+2 | Will:+2 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities, +1 vs fear) | Init:+1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20') | Speed 20ft | Active Condition: -24NL Damage, Shaken

Musami nods his thanks to Zokama, hauls himself to his feet and looks around the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Human Barbarian 5 | Status:
Stats:
AC 18(16) (T 12, FF 15) | CMB +8(+10), CMD 19(21) | Init +1 | Speed 30ft | F +7(+10), R +3, W +4(+6) | Perc +10, SM +2
HP 55 (70) | Damage 0 | Rage 14/14

Braggi asks for a bit of healing.

I'll roll myself for speed, if you don't mind.

CLW Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
CLW Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

He still seems weak, though, and worried about it. "I can barely lift my sword..."


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

Navith moves back to where he dropped his longspear, retrieving it and then returning to Zokama's side.

"I have no magicks to cleanse the weakening magic Braggi. Perhaps it will wear off?"

Navith has 6 uses of Channel Energy left, before use of Hero Points. Can someone remind me for the millionth time how many of those we have/how they are determined/what we can use them for? Or is it in the Campaign tab.

Waiting on results of Zokama's checks to see what still needs to be identified.


Zokama wrote:
Then Zokama searches the bodies, setting anything useful aside, but taking special note of the magic items that Fil pointed out, and trying to identify them.

Human Priest: His armor is a styled Breastplate +1, and he appears to be carrying a masterwork light darkwood shield. His heavy mace and light crossbow are both masterwork, both tooled with flaming eyes and grasping tentacle designs. He carries two clerical scrolls in separate cases and a small wand made from a delicate arm bone, charged with Cure Moderate Wounds, perhaps 8 charges remaining. Around his neck is a silver medallion of the Flaming Eye, and his component pouches hold roughly 25 gpv of powdered silver and two vials of cold, brackish black water. His belt pouch holds 8 platinum pieces, 16 gold pieces, 6 silver pieces, and 15 copper pieces, each minted with the Emblem of a ship on one side, a face on the other. DC 13 Knowledge Local check to identify.

The Reptile, now dead, appears to have been a troglodyte. It's armor is masterwork hide, made from the skins of other trogs. It's gauntlet is a thick leather bracer fitted with several jagged pieces of black onyx and obsidian, all crafted with precision into a masterwork spiked obsidian gauntlet. It has a clerical scroll crumpled into one of it's pouches, and a pair of small potion vials of Cure Moderate Wounds. It has a smaller wand fashioned similarly to that of the human priest, casting Cure Light Wounds, holding maybe a score of charges. It has a small wooden eye necklace and kept a small round stone in it's harness painted to resemble a Flaming Eye, treated with some clear, hard alchemical coating. It's own coin purse holds 8 platinum, 23 gold, 8 silver, and 17 coppers, also in the same nautical motif.


Hero Points are potentially gained at each level, 1 point, with a max of 3 points saved, and require the hero perform one or more heroic acts before attaining the new level.


You find yourselves in a hallway. Back slightly to the north is a passage that extends off to the South-East. A worked passage which is dark and smells of mold and earth extends to the West. To the South the passage passes a short pace before descending a set of steps. The faint sound of dripping water can be heard, and a soft breeze blows up from that direction.


CG Human Barbarian 5 | Status:
Stats:
AC 18(16) (T 12, FF 15) | CMB +8(+10), CMD 19(21) | Init +1 | Speed 30ft | F +7(+10), R +3, W +4(+6) | Perc +10, SM +2
HP 55 (70) | Damage 0 | Rage 14/14

While regaining his breath, Braggi wonders aloud"If the rest of the gang has fled, what were these two doing here?"


Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24 Studying Braggi for a bit under the auspices of his mystic sight he announces to the afflicted sailor, Braggi, it seems to be you were cursed by that priest. It is not unduly strong but still beyond the powers I have to dispel it. I think we may need to seek the aid of Terjon or Burne to break it's hold over you. Until then I suggest not straining yourself more than is necessary; it may be possible you might injury your muscles beyond the atrophy the boidenhech inflicted upon you.


Loot Sheet Female Human (Flan) Detective Bard 5 | HP 28/28 | CMB +6 / CMD +18 | AC 17 / T 12 / FF 15 | Fort +2 / Ref +6 / Will +6 | Initiative +2 | Bardic Performances 15/15 | Action Points 3/3 | Perception +12/+14 to detect traps | Active Effects: Ioun Torch

Added the loot to the loot sheet. Feel free to claim what you want... there are two new healing wands if someone else wants to carry one.

Knowledge Local to identify coins: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The coins appear to have been minted in Keoland, to the south and west past Celene and the Ulek states.


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

Navith's brow furrows.

"We do not have a clear idea of who has fled nor of the numbers or makeup of those who call this dungeon their headquarters. Given we have a portion of the complex beyond the dropping gate, and a portion surrounding us here, we are somewhat at a disadvantage."

GM - any chance we can get a map of the level as explored so far? I get lost with all the text descriptions especially as they are subjective to where we are located when you detail them...


CG Human Barbarian 5 | Status:
Stats:
AC 18(16) (T 12, FF 15) | CMB +8(+10), CMD 19(21) | Init +1 | Speed 30ft | F +7(+10), R +3, W +4(+6) | Perc +10, SM +2
HP 55 (70) | Damage 0 | Rage 14/14

"I'm not as effective as I should be, with this curse on me, but I'm still ready to give them Hell."


Current Location #31

Portcullis Control is 26 A, the gate at 26.

The Stairs up are at 18.


Musami Forgeborn Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) (5) HP 54/54 | AC:24 | T:12 | FF:23 CMB: +9 (+2 Sunder, Trip, Bullrush, Overrun)| CMD:21 (25 Vs Bullrush & Trip) | Fort:+7 | Ref:+2 | Will:+2 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities, +1 vs fear) | Init:+1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20') | Speed 20ft | Active Condition: -24NL Damage, Shaken

That helps a lot, Thanks GM.

Musami looks down the corridor to the west (?) and at the stairs ahead. He peers into teh darkenss to see what he can make out.

Perception West: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Perception Stairs: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Musami perceives little from the moldy earth smelling western tunnel. The southern moist tunnel has a hollow, cavernous sounding soft breeze and the faint dripping of water.

2,151 to 2,200 of 2,765 << first < prev | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Beyond the Tentacled Eye Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.