Beyond the Tentacled Eye - A Pathfinder Greyhawk Tharizdun Campaign

Game Master GM Darkblade

A View of Hommlet from the Southern Approach
Player's Map of Hommlet Proper
Townsfolk Images
Zert's Map
Menu of the Inn of the Welcome Wench


2,251 to 2,300 of 2,765 << first < prev | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | next > last >>

CG Human Barbarian 5 | Status:
Stats:
AC 18(16) (T 12, FF 15) | CMB +8(+10), CMD 19(21) | Init +1 | Speed 30ft | F +7(+10), R +3, W +4(+6) | Perc +10, SM +2
HP 55 (70) | Damage 0 | Rage 14/14

Braggi shrugs. "I guess the enemy of my enemy..."


Loot Sheet Female Human (Flan) Detective Bard 5 | HP 28/28 | CMB +6 / CMD +18 | AC 17 / T 12 / FF 15 | Fort +2 / Ref +6 / Will +6 | Initiative +2 | Bardic Performances 15/15 | Action Points 3/3 | Perception +12/+14 to detect traps | Active Effects: Ioun Torch

Zokama makes sure that everyone is in agreement and then says

Elvish:

We thank you for the information and will forbear battle for now, as we deal with other threats. We do not promise to ally with you, either now or permanently, and have no wish to meet or to serve your master. We do however agree to delay our reckoning until we have dealt with the other intruders you spoke of.

She tells her own group that she agreed that they would deal with the other intruders first, and then address their own possible conflict later.


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

Navith nods, keeping his hand in Pelor's symbol and eyes on the leader of the living dead.


The creature nods at you, all teeth and pasty grey gums tinged with blackened veins. It speaks again, somewhat solemnly.

In Elvish:
You may turn your eyes from the Master all you wish, He sees all and shall bend your service to His needs despite your best desires. You will end the usurpers of the Flaming Eye under the pompous Lareth, it has been foretold, so shall it be. You will then either face the defiler below or soon fall to the abominations he releases from beyond that least window of the Master's prison. He abuses something most holy which has been our sacred charge to protect for generations.


Loot Sheet Female Human (Flan) Detective Bard 5 | HP 28/28 | CMB +6 / CMD +18 | AC 17 / T 12 / FF 15 | Fort +2 / Ref +6 / Will +6 | Initiative +2 | Bardic Performances 15/15 | Action Points 3/3 | Perception +12/+14 to detect traps | Active Effects: Ioun Torch

Zokama has the urge to shoot the creepy freak in the eye, but instead nods and looks away.

She explains to the group:

He says it has been prophesied that we will kill the "usurpers of the flaming eye" and their leader Lareth, and then he says we may or may not fall to a defiler below who is using something of theirs to release abominations on the world. Sounds very super extra not good.

... Let's get out of here. If I have to talk to this guy anymore, I am going to put an arrow through his eye.


Musami Forgeborn Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) (5) HP 54/54 | AC:24 | T:12 | FF:23 CMB: +9 (+2 Sunder, Trip, Bullrush, Overrun)| CMD:21 (25 Vs Bullrush & Trip) | Fort:+7 | Ref:+2 | Will:+2 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities, +1 vs fear) | Init:+1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20') | Speed 20ft | Active Condition: -24NL Damage, Shaken

Musami is equally eager to leave the room. He will stand and guard the rear of the group as the others move on, joining at the end of their column. He will listen to determine if they are being followed.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


Musami does not hear much beyond the strange group of undead taking up a soft chant, much like that they first began when your group found them. It does not sound like they are attempting to follow your band at all.

Which way do you wish to go, East or South?

As an aside, might it not have been prudent to attempt to ask the creature(s) information about Lareth's group, numbers, casters, angry pets, etc.?


Loot Sheet Female Human (Flan) Detective Bard 5 | HP 28/28 | CMB +6 / CMD +18 | AC 17 / T 12 / FF 15 | Fort +2 / Ref +6 / Will +6 | Initiative +2 | Bardic Performances 15/15 | Action Points 3/3 | Perception +12/+14 to detect traps | Active Effects: Ioun Torch

Sure, I guess. They were the ones offering us information, and when I asked what they were offering, they said that they would tell us their location. I didn't even know that specific information was on the table. Anything we needed to kill their enemies I assumed they would have volunteered if they wanted us to know. Definitely could have tried to get more, but it was an uncomfortable situation where my character was wondering if they shouldn't just kill them anyway, and was worried about them sending us to our deaths or tricking us, since their master is evil incarnate and everything. I wasn't thinking about treating them like real allies.

I think we want to go east to face the flaming eye... what do you guys think?


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

East[ - as far as Navith is concerned, this whole south area smells of undeath and is not the path to take toward destroying the Flaming Eye, pretenders to Pelor's primacy as Fire and Flame, Blazing Light of the Heavens above and Below yada yada yada...


CG Human Barbarian 5 | Status:
Stats:
AC 18(16) (T 12, FF 15) | CMB +8(+10), CMD 19(21) | Init +1 | Speed 30ft | F +7(+10), R +3, W +4(+6) | Perc +10, SM +2
HP 55 (70) | Damage 0 | Rage 14/14

I don't know, I don't speak elvish xD


Sorry guys, the Tamiflu didn't work, had to go back in for a round of steroids and antibiotics.

For Zokama in Elvish:
The creature tells that Lareth has roughly a score of men under his command, though the number swells depending upon whether they are hosting raiders from another compound to the North East. More leeches feeding off the power of the Master. The leader again tells you that the priest below is a greater danger than Lareth, who wastes his energies worshiping his blood sucking beeyotch of a goddess. The priest below however has perverted the Master's teachings and draws forth his children with false promises intending on unleashing them on the village beyond, fodder for his sect's twisted hopes to release the Master's power, but not his true body from his eternal prison.[/b]

One of the creatures is tasked by the leader with taking you back to where Lareth's forces are barracked. On the way, as you reach the site of your battle with the priests you find some strange creature hovering over the bodies, long tentacles raking the flesh and a hooked beak tearing bits of meat and tissue from the remains.

The floating creature has a body shaped like a giant pink and violet-colored exposed brain larger than that of a man, fronted with a hooked frontal beak, like a squid's. Below the brain and beak trail ten long pale violet tentacles pulsing with purplish fluids dripping from a long bony black spike shaped like a javelin's tip, around which several small spines radiate both above and around it's base.

Your guide seems suddenly possessed, crying out in jubilation as it rushes forward and attempts to embrace the Brain Creature.

In Elvish:
Oh Great Master, your children are debased and defiled, feasting on the dead. Let my sacrifice cleanse it's purpose and return it to Your fold.

The creature reacts angrily to being grappled and lashes out with it's many tentacles, piercing and tearing at the thing before biting down with it's beak, tearing open the thing's forehead and exposing the rotted matter inside, killing it in the process.

Initiative Rolls:

Braggi: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Filnefillan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Musami: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Navith: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Zokama: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Brain: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Initiative Order
First Group Acts
First Group: Braggi, Filnefillan, Navith, Brain
Second Group: Musami, Zokama

Hallway


BTW the corpses count as Difficult Terrain for movement and Feat purposes.


CG Human Barbarian 5 | Status:
Stats:
AC 18(16) (T 12, FF 15) | CMB +8(+10), CMD 19(21) | Init +1 | Speed 30ft | F +7(+10), R +3, W +4(+6) | Perc +10, SM +2
HP 55 (70) | Damage 0 | Rage 14/14

Braggi takes direct action, since that's what he usually does best. Sword in hand, he advances next to the strange squid and slashes.

Greatsword: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (3, 2) + 5 = 10

Potential Crit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Potential Damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (1, 3) + 5 = 9


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

Navith moves up behind Braggi and stabs with his longspear.

Whiskk!!!: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 12 [+3 BAB , +2 Str, +1 Weapon Focus, +1 enhancement ]
Shkup!!!: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9 [+3 THF, +1 enhancement]


Loot Sheet Female Human (Flan) Detective Bard 5 | HP 28/28 | CMB +6 / CMD +18 | AC 17 / T 12 / FF 15 | Fort +2 / Ref +6 / Will +6 | Initiative +2 | Bardic Performances 15/15 | Action Points 3/3 | Perception +12/+14 to detect traps | Active Effects: Ioun Torch

Zokama passes on the information she is given:

Undead Guy wrote:

Lareth has roughly a score of men under his command, though the number swells depending upon whether they are hosting raiders from another compound to the North East.

The priest below is a greater danger than Lareth, who wastes his energies worshiping his blood sucking goddess. The priest below however has perverted the Master's teachings and draws forth his children with false promises intending on unleashing them on the village beyond, fodder for his sect's twisted hopes to release the Master's power, but not his true body from his eternal prison.


Braggi cuts deep into the face of the brain creature, beside it's thick beak, his blade passing through and spraying a thick ichor of purplish puss across the floor below. The thing releases a loud and piercing shriek at the wounding.

Navith follows up with a stab of his spear, likewise wounding the beast but not as nearly well as did the angry sailor.

Filnefillan takes the round to study the beast, trying as he might to recall if anywhere in his studies he'd heard of such a monstrosity. Knowledge Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13. Try as he might, the strange beast eludes his lorecraft.

The creature retaliates against Braggi, lashing out with it's Barbed Tentacles: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8, slapping him with the dripping goo but failing to find a strong grip on the man. It then attempts to strike with it's Beak: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 but thanks to his maintaining focus and not giving in to his rage the creature misses, though by mere inches.

Initiative Order
Second Group Acts
First Group: Braggi, Filnefillan, Navith, Brain
Second Group: Musami, Zokama

Hallway


Musami Forgeborn Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) (5) HP 54/54 | AC:24 | T:12 | FF:23 CMB: +9 (+2 Sunder, Trip, Bullrush, Overrun)| CMD:21 (25 Vs Bullrush & Trip) | Fort:+7 | Ref:+2 | Will:+2 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities, +1 vs fear) | Init:+1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20') | Speed 20ft | Active Condition: -24NL Damage, Shaken

Musami charges the brain-thing. He swings the mace....

+1 heavy mace, charge: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 2 = 29 Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

....hopefully connecting with the creature.


Loot Sheet Female Human (Flan) Detective Bard 5 | HP 28/28 | CMB +6 / CMD +18 | AC 17 / T 12 / FF 15 | Fort +2 / Ref +6 / Will +6 | Initiative +2 | Bardic Performances 15/15 | Action Points 3/3 | Perception +12/+14 to detect traps | Active Effects: Ioun Torch

Zokama moves closer and shoots at the brain creature.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 1 = 22

Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 1 = 10


Both Musami and Zokama strike the creature, dealing more damage, creating a virtual pool of purplish gunk below the floating thing, and yet still it continues to fight.

From down the hallway to the south a shriek can be heard, likely answering the cries of this wounded abomination. In this it would seem the undead leader was telling the truth, the priest below may indeed have been summoning unwholesome things from somewhere beyond.

Initiative Order
First Group Acts
First Group: Braggi, Filnefillan, Navith, Brain
Second Group: Musami, Zokama

Hallway


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

Will wait for Braggi...


CG Human Barbarian 5 | Status:
Stats:
AC 18(16) (T 12, FF 15) | CMB +8(+10), CMD 19(21) | Init +1 | Speed 30ft | F +7(+10), R +3, W +4(+6) | Perc +10, SM +2
HP 55 (70) | Damage 0 | Rage 14/14

Braggi would like to surround the thing, but the bodies prevent clear movement around it, so he just discharges another slash.

Greatsword: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (6, 6) + 5 = 17


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

Torn with indecision, Navith opts for the simple approach, and merely stabs again...

Fshwaa!!!: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 14 [+3 BAB , +2 Str, +1 Weapon Focus, +1 enhancement ]
Splibp!!!: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9 [+3 THF, +1 enhancement]


While Braggi's blade misses the creature, it does shift it sideways into Navith's spear thrust, which finally seems to be causing the creature distress. It keens again a shrill cry, trying to rise up a bit, above the dangers below it. Filnefillan however takes aim with his bow and fires An Arrow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23, hitting it for Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4, dropping the creature to the bloody, pus covered mess upon the tile flooring.

Again you hear in the distance to the south, somewhat muted and faint, an answering cry to this beast's call for help.


Musami Forgeborn Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) (5) HP 54/54 | AC:24 | T:12 | FF:23 CMB: +9 (+2 Sunder, Trip, Bullrush, Overrun)| CMD:21 (25 Vs Bullrush & Trip) | Fort:+7 | Ref:+2 | Will:+2 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities, +1 vs fear) | Init:+1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20') | Speed 20ft | Active Condition: -24NL Damage, Shaken

Musami looks to the south, trying to see if another is approaching.


Loot Sheet Female Human (Flan) Detective Bard 5 | HP 28/28 | CMB +6 / CMD +18 | AC 17 / T 12 / FF 15 | Fort +2 / Ref +6 / Will +6 | Initiative +2 | Bardic Performances 15/15 | Action Points 3/3 | Perception +12/+14 to detect traps | Active Effects: Ioun Torch

Zokama casts Acid Splash at the remains a few times, making sure that if another one of these creatures does show up, it won't be able to heal its weird brain-friend.

That's assuming we are out of combat and have a few rounds before something else shows up. If I need to wait for my turn and roll for damage, etc. no problem. I am assuming it is more of a story thing, but if bringing it back is a real possibility, then I'm totally willing to do it the right way.


The keening cry from the south does not continue, and at the last sounding did not appear to be coming closer.

Zokama spreads around a good bit of acid, dousing the creature and much of the purplish puss that oozed from it's wounds. The halls are somewhat quiet, no pursuit by the undead to the west, nothing approaching from the south, and the north/northeast corridors remain empty and silent.


Musami Forgeborn Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) (5) HP 54/54 | AC:24 | T:12 | FF:23 CMB: +9 (+2 Sunder, Trip, Bullrush, Overrun)| CMD:21 (25 Vs Bullrush & Trip) | Fort:+7 | Ref:+2 | Will:+2 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities, +1 vs fear) | Init:+1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20') | Speed 20ft | Active Condition: -24NL Damage, Shaken

I heard noise from the south. Should we investigate?


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

Navith seems unconcerned by the cries from the south.

"We have sidetracked enough, and nearly suffered for it - the reptilian and the priest came close to dropping us with their magicks - I would that we head east. If you feel we need to cleanse the south I will not argue."


Musami Forgeborn Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) (5) HP 54/54 | AC:24 | T:12 | FF:23 CMB: +9 (+2 Sunder, Trip, Bullrush, Overrun)| CMD:21 (25 Vs Bullrush & Trip) | Fort:+7 | Ref:+2 | Will:+2 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities, +1 vs fear) | Init:+1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20') | Speed 20ft | Active Condition: -24NL Damage, Shaken

In this place of the less savory gods I will follow your lead cleric.


CG Human Barbarian 5 | Status:
Stats:
AC 18(16) (T 12, FF 15) | CMB +8(+10), CMD 19(21) | Init +1 | Speed 30ft | F +7(+10), R +3, W +4(+6) | Perc +10, SM +2
HP 55 (70) | Damage 0 | Rage 14/14

Braggi seems shocked by the strange creature and the distant shrieks, and agrees to follow the priest's advice.


Loot Sheet Female Human (Flan) Detective Bard 5 | HP 28/28 | CMB +6 / CMD +18 | AC 17 / T 12 / FF 15 | Fort +2 / Ref +6 / Will +6 | Initiative +2 | Bardic Performances 15/15 | Action Points 3/3 | Perception +12/+14 to detect traps | Active Effects: Ioun Torch

East is fine. I just don't want to get into a situation where we approach one enemy with another coming up behind us, so let's be careful. If there is another one of these things, we're going to have to take care of it at some point.


So it is my understanding you feel comfortable and ready to fighting a dozen or more fighters and another priest. Everyone is good on resources? All trackers up to date for HP and uses/charges/abilities spent?


CG Human Barbarian 5 | Status:
Stats:
AC 18(16) (T 12, FF 15) | CMB +8(+10), CMD 19(21) | Init +1 | Speed 30ft | F +7(+10), R +3, W +4(+6) | Perc +10, SM +2
HP 55 (70) | Damage 0 | Rage 14/14

No, Braggi doesn't feel comfortable, but what else can he do? Last night a whole team bus slipped through while they were sleeping...


Loot Sheet Female Human (Flan) Detective Bard 5 | HP 28/28 | CMB +6 / CMD +18 | AC 17 / T 12 / FF 15 | Fort +2 / Ref +6 / Will +6 | Initiative +2 | Bardic Performances 15/15 | Action Points 3/3 | Perception +12/+14 to detect traps | Active Effects: Ioun Torch

Braggi looks really weak. Does anyone have a way to restore his strength before we go on? Or perhaps we should find a defensible place to rest?


Braggi Wrongeye wrote:
No, Braggi doesn't feel comfortable, but what else can he do? Last night a whole team bus slipped through while they were sleeping...

Actually it was only a pair of gnolls, the one who ran and one who was acting as cook in a section of the level you hadn't seen. The tracks were inconclusive but did not suggest a large number of bodies left the lair.


Zokama wrote:
Braggi looks really weak. Does anyone have a way to restore his strength before we go on? Or perhaps we should find a defensible place to rest?

Filnefillan and Musami likely remember that the priests of Cuthbert had a spare scroll of Remove Curse they were holding in case it was needed to save the mayor previously. It might be possible it could break the dark binding left on Braggi.


Musami Forgeborn Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) (5) HP 54/54 | AC:24 | T:12 | FF:23 CMB: +9 (+2 Sunder, Trip, Bullrush, Overrun)| CMD:21 (25 Vs Bullrush & Trip) | Fort:+7 | Ref:+2 | Will:+2 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities, +1 vs fear) | Init:+1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20') | Speed 20ft | Active Condition: -24NL Damage, Shaken

But that would mean leaving, heading back to town and possibly allowing them to regroup in here, or at least word of us to spread around a bit further. I have to say I am curious how Tomi is getting on though. A trip back to town may not be all that bad. How are we off for consumables? Healing flasks, holy water, etc.


Loot Sheet Female Human (Flan) Detective Bard 5 | HP 28/28 | CMB +6 / CMD +18 | AC 17 / T 12 / FF 15 | Fort +2 / Ref +6 / Will +6 | Initiative +2 | Bardic Performances 15/15 | Action Points 3/3 | Perception +12/+14 to detect traps | Active Effects: Ioun Torch

I have a healing wand with 24 charges, and two cure light potions. In our loot (but so far not carried by anyone) we also have another cure light with 20 charges, a cure mod with 8 charges, 2 cure mod potions, a scroll of cure light, and three clerical scrolls that haven't been identified (one of them might be something like remove curse, but I have no idea). (This is from the loot sheet, so if something has been identified or is being carried but it isn't noted there, please correct me.)


CG Human Barbarian 5 | Status:
Stats:
AC 18(16) (T 12, FF 15) | CMB +8(+10), CMD 19(21) | Init +1 | Speed 30ft | F +7(+10), R +3, W +4(+6) | Perc +10, SM +2
HP 55 (70) | Damage 0 | Rage 14/14

Think about your own resources, guys. If you think you're ready to keep on pounding, then by all means let's do it. Braggi can manage even with the curse, I guess, though for sure he'd rather be at full capability.


I can take the game in either direction, depending upon your preferences. I will say it seems from the discussions with the undead that Lareth and his band are more likely a permanent garrison here, arriving likely when the bandit raids began last fall. The priest(s) below are newer additions, doing whatever dig they are sponsoring, suggestive from the artifacts you "acquired". It would be a fair guess to say the priestess, ogre and gnolls you have already encountered and dispatched, as well as the pair of priests dead at your feet came as a group. No evidence has appeared that suggests Lareth's group has come into the other section recently, from the tracks, swollen door, cobwebs in the corners, etc. If the undead are to be believed the "Cult of the Fiery Eye/Dark God/Elemental Whatever" is somewhat fragmented or fractionalized. What exactly that means is not clear, but it does seem they don't play well together, if at all.


Musami Forgeborn Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) (5) HP 54/54 | AC:24 | T:12 | FF:23 CMB: +9 (+2 Sunder, Trip, Bullrush, Overrun)| CMD:21 (25 Vs Bullrush & Trip) | Fort:+7 | Ref:+2 | Will:+2 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities, +1 vs fear) | Init:+1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20') | Speed 20ft | Active Condition: -24NL Damage, Shaken

Ok, I vote to get Braggi back to full strength by heading back to town and seeing the clerics there.


Loot Sheet Female Human (Flan) Detective Bard 5 | HP 28/28 | CMB +6 / CMD +18 | AC 17 / T 12 / FF 15 | Fort +2 / Ref +6 / Will +6 | Initiative +2 | Bardic Performances 15/15 | Action Points 3/3 | Perception +12/+14 to detect traps | Active Effects: Ioun Torch

Okay, let's go back.


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

Two votes to go home to one push on and one undecided: go home carries the day!


Considering the curse Braggi is under and the broken nature of the adversaries faced in the dungeons below the moat house your band decides to travel back to Hommlet and seek the aid of the clerics of St. Cuthbert.

You gather up everything you have collected thus far and made your way back along the same corridor, past the portcullis, and up through the halls already experienced. Along the way you set a few small tells to determine if anyone opens or disturbs the areas you have already explored, to judge how active the place is below as well as above.

It is late day, approaching dinner time, when you reach the outskirts of Hommlet. The weather is chilly and damp, a mixture of rain, sleet, and light snow having dogged your steps the entire way. As you pass under the shadow of Burne's tower the temperature begins to climb, the rain stopping, and the lowering sun's brightness climbing sharply, spiking temperatures and causing a small sheen of sweat to bead upon your brows.

Tent Town appears somewhat subdued and quiet, the caravan field is empty save for the alchemist's wagon, and no horses appear hitched outside the inn.

Where do you wish to head to in town?

DM Rolls:

d20: 1d20 ⇒ 19
d20: 1d20 ⇒ 18
d20: 1d20 ⇒ 9


CG Human Barbarian 5 | Status:
Stats:
AC 18(16) (T 12, FF 15) | CMB +8(+10), CMD 19(21) | Init +1 | Speed 30ft | F +7(+10), R +3, W +4(+6) | Perc +10, SM +2
HP 55 (70) | Damage 0 | Rage 14/14

Braggi wipes some seweat from his brow. "If you don't mind, I would like to remove this curse before going to bed, so I'm heading towards the church. Shall we meet anywhere later?"


Musami Forgeborn Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) (5) HP 54/54 | AC:24 | T:12 | FF:23 CMB: +9 (+2 Sunder, Trip, Bullrush, Overrun)| CMD:21 (25 Vs Bullrush & Trip) | Fort:+7 | Ref:+2 | Will:+2 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities, +1 vs fear) | Init:+1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20') | Speed 20ft | Active Condition: -24NL Damage, Shaken

The tavern seems to best place to meet. We can get some food and has room enough for us to sit and plan our return

Musami will head straight to the tavern, being sure to check the forge as he goes by.


Passing the forge Braggi and Musami notice Tomi at work at the forge, a small group of other boys crowded around it, blocking the anvil and projectfrom view. A slow and steady clang, clang, hiss, clang, can be heard as the work continues.

Braggi nods to the dwarf and then turns the corner and hastens his pace up the road towards the bridge and church beyond.


Musami Forgeborn Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) (5) HP 54/54 | AC:24 | T:12 | FF:23 CMB: +9 (+2 Sunder, Trip, Bullrush, Overrun)| CMD:21 (25 Vs Bullrush & Trip) | Fort:+7 | Ref:+2 | Will:+2 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities, +1 vs fear) | Init:+1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20') | Speed 20ft | Active Condition: -24NL Damage, Shaken

His interest peaked by the crowd of boys Musami wanders into the forge to check on Tomi and his current work task.


CG Human Barbarian 5 | Status:
Stats:
AC 18(16) (T 12, FF 15) | CMB +8(+10), CMD 19(21) | Init +1 | Speed 30ft | F +7(+10), R +3, W +4(+6) | Perc +10, SM +2
HP 55 (70) | Damage 0 | Rage 14/14

Braggi knocks on the church door. When (if) it opens, he smiles. "Good evening. I might have been cursed."


For Musami:

The boys gathered around press tight, whispering and nudging as Musami comes closer. A loud hissing shriek erupts from the oil barrel beside the forge as Tomi drops whatever he was working on into the large pail.

The crowd of boys turn and face the dwarf, sneering and leering, many of them older than those Musami last saw Tomi with, when he was dealing with the teamster's son. Tomi sheepishly avoids Musami's gaze, busying himself with straightening the tools around the workbench.

You ain't gots no buzzness here fur-face, says an older boy with part of a thick black tattoo peeking out from underneath his collar. Dis shop's Master Smythe's, an he's manny 'ere Tomi. Moves long if'n ya nose what's good fer ya.

For Braggi:

Brother Morgan opens the unlocked church doors and greets the sailor politely. She informs Braggi Terjon and Calmert are at the tower, discussing the strange weather today. While she shows him to Terjon's study upstairs she also sends a junior acolyte off to inform the priests of his condition and needs. Are you in pain, is there anything I can do for you, or bring you, while you wait?

2,251 to 2,300 of 2,765 << first < prev | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Beyond the Tentacled Eye Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.