Beyond the Tentacled Eye - A Pathfinder Greyhawk Tharizdun Campaign

Game Master GM Darkblade

A View of Hommlet from the Southern Approach
Player's Map of Hommlet Proper
Townsfolk Images
Zert's Map
Menu of the Inn of the Welcome Wench


1,951 to 2,000 of 2,765 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>

Male High Elf Wizard 4 HP: 23 AC: 13. Mage Armor 17

Once it is Fil's turn to activate, provided he is not in Melee, he will for his bow at a gnoll with a bow.

Attack left bow-gnoll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

"You will get one shot to stop now, or you will burn!" Fil shouts loudly.

If this is not an option, he will withdraw to a suitable firing location.

more bad news, may not be able to post tomorrow.


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

Black flame-eyed cloak swishing, Navith steals past Fil and to the side of Braggi to hug the corner of the wall, his shoulder crumbling rock from the wall as he hits with some haste.

Please move Navith two squares north of Fil.

"Pelor-palai expan nil-sin!" he mutters, calling on his lord, fell morningstar in hand.

Standard Action: Cast true strike


Loot Sheet Female Human (Flan) Detective Bard 5 | HP 28/28 | CMB +6 / CMD +18 | AC 17 / T 12 / FF 15 | Fort +2 / Ref +6 / Will +6 | Initiative +2 | Bardic Performances 15/15 | Action Points 3/3 | Perception +12/+14 to detect traps | Active Effects: Ioun Torch

Moved Navith.


Obeying the command, Gnoll A tucks his spear against his side and Charges at Musami, his Spear: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 easily deflected by the skillful dwarf.

Gnoll B fumbles with a large sack/pack hanging over it's shoulders, unslinging the large bag and fumbling with a braided line trailing below it. It jerks the cord violently then begins slowly whirling the heavy bag over it's head.

Gnoll D fires a barbed Arrow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 at Braggi, catching him in the thigh for Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5, the shaft lodged in the fleshy muscle, missing the bone.

Gnoll G suddenly appears from the western passage, growling a foul sounding curse Gninaḷuṭre palinṟe gkuṭe gnarakam Pelor as it fires it's own Barbed Arrow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 at Navith, followed immediately by a Second Arrow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 trailing the first. The first arrow pierces the cleric's side, tearing soft tissues for Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 while the second passes wide, shattering against the stone wall to the cleric's left.

In Gnoll:
To the hells with your Pelor

Initiative Order
Second Group Acts
First Group: Navith, Gnolls A, B, D and G
Second Group: Braggi, Gnoll E
Third Group: Filnefillan, Musami, Zokama, Gnolls C and F

Odd Room Battle


CG Human Barbarian 5 | Status:
Stats:
AC 18(16) (T 12, FF 15) | CMB +8(+10), CMD 19(21) | Init +1 | Speed 30ft | F +7(+10), R +3, W +4(+6) | Perc +10, SM +2
HP 55 (70) | Damage 0 | Rage 14/14

"Damn!"

Breaking the shaft of the arrow, Braggi strengthens the grip on his sword and makes it fall on the gnoll just beside him.

Greatsword, Power Attack: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 - 2 = 11
Damage: 2d6 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 3) + 8 + 4 = 17


Straining strongly to put power into his strike Braggi fails to see Gnoll A shift it's stance, his sword catching only air as a result.

The large ugly gnoll, E, Charges at Braggi, his Greatclub: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 landing hard against the sailor's shoulder, Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 crunching the collarbone and pushing part of the bone down and out the man's back, bulging out his armor's padding.

Initiative Order
Third Group Acts
First Group: Navith, Gnolls A, B, D and G
Second Group: Braggi, Gnoll E
Third Group: Filnefillan, Musami, Zokama, Gnolls C and F

Odd Room Battle


Male High Elf Wizard 4 HP: 23 AC: 13. Mage Armor 17

Fil continues with the above action, firing at Gnoll G, then moving 10 feet back. I am on mobile so would someone be able to move him south please?


Musami Forgeborn Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) (5) HP 54/54 | AC:24 | T:12 | FF:23 CMB: +9 (+2 Sunder, Trip, Bullrush, Overrun)| CMD:21 (25 Vs Bullrush & Trip) | Fort:+7 | Ref:+2 | Will:+2 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities, +1 vs fear) | Init:+1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20') | Speed 20ft | Active Condition: -24NL Damage, Shaken

Musami counter-strikes against Gnoll E.

+1 Heavy Mace, Power Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 Damage, Power Attack: 1d8 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 = 10


Loot Sheet Female Human (Flan) Detective Bard 5 | HP 28/28 | CMB +6 / CMD +18 | AC 17 / T 12 / FF 15 | Fort +2 / Ref +6 / Will +6 | Initiative +2 | Bardic Performances 15/15 | Action Points 3/3 | Perception +12/+14 to detect traps | Active Effects: Ioun Torch

Moved Fin 10 feet south.

Zokama attempts to shoot Gnoll G.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 1 = 10


Filnefillan's shift and strike barely nicks the creature's leg as he moves back a bit to gain some room against the approaching enemies, his words ignored by the blood thirsty dog-men.

Musami, like Braggi, finds his overzealous rage blinding him to the dangers of the gnoll, failing to track the beast and missing it's armored torso low and wide.

Zokama gauges the flight of Fil's arrow and adjusts her own, finding it's mark inches above the thing's navel, the shaft piercing the creature's finer armor. Gritting it's teeth it chops down with it's bow, snapping the shaft, leaving the head still buried in it's diaphragm.

Gnoll C fires an Arrow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 at the angry dwarf, but the shaft soars high over his helmed head.

Gnoll F growls something guttural, Grirunta Grajniyal Gnan Gninre Ghrrdayatte Brhaksikkum! flying into a frothy and foaming Rage, before moving forward and striking at Braggi with it's Greataxe: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11, Fumble: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26, nearly loosing it's grip as it misses and digs a two inch furrow in the stone tile at the sailor's feet.

In Gnoll:
By the Dark Queen I will eat your heart!

Initiative Order
First Group Acts
First Group: Navith, Gnolls A, B, D and G
Second Group: Braggi, Gnoll E
Third Group: Filnefillan, Musami, Zokama, Gnolls C and F

Odd Room Battle


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

@GM: just looking at my options: can Navith hit Gnoll E or is it given concealment/cover or similar by the corner?


Making a Melee Attack against Gnoll E it would have Partial Cover, making a Ranged Attack against it would grant Concealment as well as Full Cover.

The same modifiers would apply to Navith should Gnoll E attack him in response.


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

Okay, thanks for the heads up GM

Navith curses the Dark Queen the gnoll barked about and turns to see the gnoll archer. He sees it be shot by Fil and Zokama, and makes a quick decision. It may shoot him again, but that shall have to pass - Braggi and Musami need him. His aim given divine support, the Pelorite brings the grinning skull morningstar down on the gnoll Navith thinks is the leader, with less than stellar power...

Attack Gnoll E, who has partial cover

Whshshsh!!!: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 20 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 2 + 1 + 20 = 37 [+3 BAB, +2 Str, +1 enhancement, +20 true strike]
Shkoom!!!: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 [+3 THF]


Navith catches the gnoll unprepared and hits it for a glancing blow, momentarily distracting it from Braggi.

Gnoll A stabs again at Musami, determined to redeem itself in the eyes of it's brethren. It shoves the Spear Point: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 hard at the dwarf's sternum but he again avoids the blow.

Gnoll B slowly moves forward swinging the heavy bag high overhead. Musami notices the bag dripping sticky, foul smelling goo as it soars over his head and past him, the creature trying to catch Zokama unawares as it's Tanglefoot Bag: 1d20 + 1 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 1 - 2 - 4 = 0, tumbling awkwardly being too large for the creature, splatters the stones past the bard, releasing a noxious pool of thickening black goo, the lump hardening into an ugly mass in the alcove beyond her.

Gnoll D fires another arrow, this time over the crowd, aiming his Bow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 at Zokama, his own aim off trying to avoid the other gnolls heavy bag toss.

Gnoll G moves in closer, launching another Arrow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 at Navith, barking out to the gnolls Gremanuṣyare gnokealluka as his own strike misses the now alert priest.

In Gnoll:
Kill the humans first

Initiative Order
Second Group Acts
First Group: Navith, Gnolls A, B, D and G
Second Group: Braggi, Gnoll E
Third Group: Filnefillan, Musami, Zokama, Gnolls C and F

Odd Room Battle


CG Human Barbarian 5 | Status:
Stats:
AC 18(16) (T 12, FF 15) | CMB +8(+10), CMD 19(21) | Init +1 | Speed 30ft | F +7(+10), R +3, W +4(+6) | Perc +10, SM +2
HP 55 (70) | Damage 0 | Rage 14/14

Braggi starts shouting at one of the gnolls (A), who may or may not understand what he's saying but who surely catches the implications. Severed things hanging, non-approved sex with relatives and so on echo over the heads of everyone.

Demoralise: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

If demoralising works:

Thanks to the Hurtful feat, Braggi enters Rage as a free then gets an attack Vs gnoll A as a swift.

Hurtful Attack, Power Attack, Reckless Abandon: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 11 - 2 + 2 = 26
Damage: 2d6 + 10 + 6 ⇒ (2, 3) + 10 + 6 = 21


Braggi's words do seem to momentarily shake the gnoll's focus, giving it the Shaken condition, but only for as long as it took Braggi to cut it down with his blade. The gnoll falls back to the stones, it's entrails spilling slickly over the tiles.

Musami, the tile before you now counts as difficult terrain due to the body and eviscerated corpse.

Gnoll E attempts to capitalize on Braggi's distraction, swinging it's Greatclub: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 at the sailor, Confirmation: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9, landing a solid blow to his already wounded side for Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9, crunching a bit more bone and bruising already purplish muscles.

Initiative Order
Third Group Acts
First Group: Navith, Gnolls B, D and G
Second Group: Braggi, Gnoll E
Third Group: Filnefillan, Musami, Zokama, Gnolls C and F

Odd Room Battle


Male High Elf Wizard 4 HP: 23 AC: 13. Mage Armor 17

Fil maintains his ranged attacks. He fires his bow at Gnoll G, missing horribly.

"So, you foul muts betray us now?"

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Musami Forgeborn Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) (5) HP 54/54 | AC:24 | T:12 | FF:23 CMB: +9 (+2 Sunder, Trip, Bullrush, Overrun)| CMD:21 (25 Vs Bullrush & Trip) | Fort:+7 | Ref:+2 | Will:+2 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities, +1 vs fear) | Init:+1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20') | Speed 20ft | Active Condition: -24NL Damage, Shaken

The gnoll that he was engaging being down Musami turns his attention to others. Seeing one off on its own he charges and swings his heavy mace to knock out the enemy.

+1 Heavy Mace, Power Attack, Charge: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 2 = 24 Damage, Power Attack, Non-Lethal: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


Loot Sheet Female Human (Flan) Detective Bard 5 | HP 28/28 | CMB +6 / CMD +18 | AC 17 / T 12 / FF 15 | Fort +2 / Ref +6 / Will +6 | Initiative +2 | Bardic Performances 15/15 | Action Points 3/3 | Perception +12/+14 to detect traps | Active Effects: Ioun Torch

Zokama shoots Gnoll F.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

GM - if Navith moves to the south of Braggi, so Braggi is between him and Gnoll E does Navith have a penalty to attack with a longspear's reach due to Braggi being in the way?

If Navith moves two squares to the east of that, so diagonal to Gnoll E, does the longspear's reach cover that diagonal 5'?


I am really starting to feel uncomfortable with Power Attack and Charging Non-Lethal Damage, too much of an oxymoronic feeling in that setup. Power Attack does HP damage, Nonlethal does not. Thoughts?

@Navith Yes Braggi would provide soft cover for the Gnoll.

Filnefillan's arrow misses the mark as Musami rushes the gnoll and strikes it a soft blow to the midriff, knocking a bit of wind from it.

Zokama strikes the raging gnoll with an arrow, which it snaps off and howls in anger and frustration.

Gnoll C fires an Arrow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 at Zokoma, Confirmation: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17, nearly snapping it's bowstring in overextending the pull, missing as the arrow wobbles off the beam.

Gnoll F, still fully engulfed in it's Rage heaves up and chops at Braggi with it's Greataxe: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27, catching him hard across the chest for Damage: 1d12 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19, northman blood spraying over the dogmen.

Braggi please confirm if you are Raging and your current hit points and damage numbers. I think you are topped out if not raging and likely to die if your party doesn't aid you.

Initiative Order
First Group Acts
First Group: Navith, Gnolls B, D and G
Second Group: Braggi, Gnoll E
Third Group: Filnefillan, Musami, Zokama, Gnolls C and F

Odd Room Battle


CG Human Barbarian 5 | Status:
Stats:
AC 18(16) (T 12, FF 15) | CMB +8(+10), CMD 19(21) | Init +1 | Speed 30ft | F +7(+10), R +3, W +4(+6) | Perc +10, SM +2
HP 55 (70) | Damage 0 | Rage 14/14

Braggi is raging, so his total HP are 57. Current damage is, if I am not mistaken, 44, counting these last 19.


Did you count the 9 received by Gnoll E, that failed it's Crit check after your demoralizing kill of Gnoll A?


Loot Sheet Female Human (Flan) Detective Bard 5 | HP 28/28 | CMB +6 / CMD +18 | AC 17 / T 12 / FF 15 | Fort +2 / Ref +6 / Will +6 | Initiative +2 | Bardic Performances 15/15 | Action Points 3/3 | Perception +12/+14 to detect traps | Active Effects: Ioun Torch

Navith, are you going to heal Braggi, or did you want me to come over and do it?


Musami Forgeborn Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) (5) HP 54/54 | AC:24 | T:12 | FF:23 CMB: +9 (+2 Sunder, Trip, Bullrush, Overrun)| CMD:21 (25 Vs Bullrush & Trip) | Fort:+7 | Ref:+2 | Will:+2 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities, +1 vs fear) | Init:+1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20') | Speed 20ft | Active Condition: -24NL Damage, Shaken

Happy to say that they are mutually exclusive. Power attack or the non-lethal charge, but not both on the same attack.


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

Navith curses as Braggi bears the full brunt of Gnoll fervour. The Pelorite calls upon the lord of light to restore the northman.

Standard Action: Spontaneously cast CMW, sacrificing consecrate.

CMW: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 8) + 4 = 14


CG Human Barbarian 5 | Status:
Stats:
AC 18(16) (T 12, FF 15) | CMB +8(+10), CMD 19(21) | Init +1 | Speed 30ft | F +7(+10), R +3, W +4(+6) | Perc +10, SM +2
HP 55 (70) | Damage 0 | Rage 14/14
GM Darkblade wrote:
Did you count the 9 received by Gnoll E, that failed it's Crit check after your demoralizing kill of Gnoll A?

No, you're right. That put Braggi's damage up to 53, which is then downed to 39 by Navith's spell. Thank you, Nav!


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

Don't thank me yet, I wouldn't be surprised if Gnoll E might get an AoO...


Musami, that makes more sense, either striking with all possible force sacrificing accuracy for damage or attempting to pull punches to prevent real harm. Thank you good dwarf.

Gnoll E AoO: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 7 - 4 = 16 The gnoll attempts a swipe at Navith but clips the wall instead, missing the priest.

Gnoll B pushes past his comrade F, stomping over his fallen pal, and rushes at Zokama, heedless of the AoO this triggers from Braggi. The gnoll swings it's Battleaxe: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 at the bard, doing Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 Providing Braggi does not kill it with an AoO.

Gnoll D fires an arrow at Zokama, ignoring it's comrade. The Arrow: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 2 - 4 = -1, Confirmation: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 2 - 4 = 14, missing as it strings the ceiling, the gnoll's bowstring snapped at the hard pull. Tossing it's bow aside it curses in gnoll, hefty a shield from it's back.

Gnoll G drops it's own bow and whips a spear from the quiver on it's side, thrusting the Shaft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 at Musami, once more the dwarf's deft twists and turning avoiding harm.

Initiative Order
Second Group Acts
First Group: Navith, Gnolls B, D and G
Second Group: Braggi, Gnoll E
Third Group: Filnefillan, Musami, Zokama, Gnolls C and F

Odd Room Battle


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

Phew!


Loot Sheet Female Human (Flan) Detective Bard 5 | HP 28/28 | CMB +6 / CMD +18 | AC 17 / T 12 / FF 15 | Fort +2 / Ref +6 / Will +6 | Initiative +2 | Bardic Performances 15/15 | Action Points 3/3 | Perception +12/+14 to detect traps | Active Effects: Ioun Torch

(Saw the damage. Waiting to see if Braggi's AOO takes it down before applying it.)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Human Barbarian 5 | Status:
Stats:
AC 18(16) (T 12, FF 15) | CMB +8(+10), CMD 19(21) | Init +1 | Speed 30ft | F +7(+10), R +3, W +4(+6) | Perc +10, SM +2
HP 55 (70) | Damage 0 | Rage 14/14

AoO, Power Attack, Reckless Abandon: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 11 - 2 + 2 = 24
Damage: 2d6 + 10 + 6 ⇒ (4, 5) + 10 + 6 = 25

Roaring, Braggi chops and cuts with his big sword, thirsting for blood.

Attack Gnoll E, Power Attack, Reckless Abandon: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 11 - 2 + 2 = 12
Damage: 2d6 + 10 + 6 ⇒ (2, 2) + 10 + 6 = 20

If Gnoll E is dropped, Braggi will five-foot-step into its square, if possible.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Braggi stops Gnoll B dead in it's tracks, literally, dropping the body atop it's dead companion. Zokama does not take damage.

Crit Failure Confirmation against Gnoll E: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 11 - 2 + 2 = 30

Braggi overextends himself after killing Gnoll B, nearly losing grip of his blade when back-swinging at Gnoll E. With a mix of luck and skill he manages to keep hold of the blade, but fails to strike his foe in the process.

Gnoll E however takes full advantage of the distraction, hefting it's Greatclub: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 and bringing it down across his extended arm for Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Initiative Order
Third Group Acts
First Group: Navith, Gnolls B, D and G
Second Group: Braggi, Gnoll E
Third Group: Filnefillan, Musami, Zokama, Gnolls C and F

Odd Room Battle


Musami Forgeborn Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) (5) HP 54/54 | AC:24 | T:12 | FF:23 CMB: +9 (+2 Sunder, Trip, Bullrush, Overrun)| CMD:21 (25 Vs Bullrush & Trip) | Fort:+7 | Ref:+2 | Will:+2 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities, +1 vs fear) | Init:+1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20') | Speed 20ft | Active Condition: -24NL Damage, Shaken

Musami continues to swing his appropriated mace, trying to avoid outright killing Gnoll G.

+1 Heavy Mace: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 non-lethal.


Loot Sheet Female Human (Flan) Detective Bard 5 | HP 28/28 | CMB +6 / CMD +18 | AC 17 / T 12 / FF 15 | Fort +2 / Ref +6 / Will +6 | Initiative +2 | Bardic Performances 15/15 | Action Points 3/3 | Perception +12/+14 to detect traps | Active Effects: Ioun Torch

Zokama attacks Gnoll F again.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 1 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4


Male High Elf Wizard 4 HP: 23 AC: 13. Mage Armor 17

Fil continues his firing on Gnoll G, hoping to clear it for Musami.

precise/point blank attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 2 + 1 = 20
damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8

He mutters several curses about the gnolls' lineage in undercommon.


Musami Fumble Confirmation: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20 Musami, again trying to pull his blow is nearly disarmed by the quick gnoll's parry, keeping hold of his heavy mace through sheer dwarven tenacity.

Zokama lands an arrow on Gnoll F, the tempestuous creature hardly registering the strike in it's rage.

Filnefillan's arrow draws a bit more concern from his target, eliciting a strange howling call that echoes throughout the chamber, drawing similar howls from the other beast men.

Gnoll C fires another Arrow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 at Zokama, missing as it attempts to bypass the gyrations of it's companion battling Braggi.

Gnoll F, fulling under it's rage, reacts to the strange call of it's companion, answering with blood lust. It rushes past Braggi, stomping across the backs of it's dead companions, ignoring Navith and Zokama, rushing Filnefillan with it's Greataxe: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16, the elven mage's armor barely repelling the sudden attack.

Braggi may make an AoO since he took his last AoO before his normal turn. Navith may as well, as the creature passed diagonally behind Braggi, invoking an attack from the priest.

Initiative Order
First Group Acts
First Group: Navith, Gnolls B, D and G
Second Group: Braggi, Gnoll E
Third Group: Filnefillan, Musami, Zokama, Gnolls C and F

Odd Room Battle


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

AoOw!!!: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 7 [+3 BAB, + 2 Str, +1 enhancement]
Yisss!!!: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5 [+3 THF, +1 enhancement]

Crit fumble confirmation: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 No idea what the rules are so I'll let you narrate what happens there...

Navith's pangs of nervous excitement and subdued horror lead him to exacerbate his swing with...results. Seeing Braggi's meat spraying considerably the Pelorite again calls for deific aid...hoping the gnoll nearby ignores Navith completely...

Standard Action: Spontaneous cast CMW on the Bragster. Sacrificing eagle's splendor.

CMW: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (6, 8) + 4 = 18


CG Human Barbarian 5 | Status:
Stats:
AC 18(16) (T 12, FF 15) | CMB +8(+10), CMD 19(21) | Init +1 | Speed 30ft | F +7(+10), R +3, W +4(+6) | Perc +10, SM +2
HP 55 (70) | Damage 0 | Rage 14/14

AoO, Power Attack, Reckless Abandon: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 11 - 2 + 2 = 16
Damage: 2d6 + 10 + 6 ⇒ (4, 3) + 10 + 6 = 23


For the fumble Navith would drop/lose one weapon, usually the one in hand. However you indicated you were juggling the spear for a reach attack so I will allow you to chose which you drop.

Braggi's strike would have it, had it been one point higher, say without the Power Attack.

Navith stumbles in lashing out at the furious gnoll, dropping Weapon X with a clatter to the ground. The sudden and unexpected clatter to his side distracted Braggi and he too missed the beast, his blade nearly scratching the dog's finely crafted backplate (breastplate).

Gnoll D rushes forward to avenge his packmates, striking out with his Battleaxe: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12, but the sailor was ready and sidestepped the chop with a smile.

Gnoll G whips about with his spear, Stabbing: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 at Musami but the dwarf's heavy plate easily turns the shaft's point aside, dulling it a bit.

Initiative Order
Second Group Acts
First Group: Navith, Gnolls D and G
Second Group: Braggi, Gnoll E
Third Group: Filnefillan, Musami, Zokama, Gnolls C and F

Odd Room Battle


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

Sadly that isn't true - I was only trying to ascertain my options with reach, and would needed to have used a free to drop morningstar and a move to draw longspear - I was wielding the morningstar with two hands as proved by "THF" participle of AoO damage...so Navith dropped the morningstar...

Did Navith provoke AoO for healing Braggi after so epically missing with his AoO? I did forget to take a 5' step to the south first, and when narrated completely forgot...


CG Human Barbarian 5 | Status:
Stats:
AC 18(16) (T 12, FF 15) | CMB +8(+10), CMD 19(21) | Init +1 | Speed 30ft | F +7(+10), R +3, W +4(+6) | Perc +10, SM +2
HP 55 (70) | Damage 0 | Rage 14/14

Sadly, Power Attack lasts for the whole round, for better or for worse.

Only thinking about spilling Gnoll blood, Braggi once more shots his anger and follows with a wild slash.

Demoralise Vs Gnoll E: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17

If demoralise is successful:

Great Sword, Power Attack, Reckless Abandon: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 11 - 2 + 2 = 27
Damage: 2d6 + 10 + 6 ⇒ (5, 6) + 10 + 6 = 27


No the corner still acted against the AoO, though the same protection applies to the gnoll.

Navith grins widely, perhaps a result of severe blood loss, and roars in hate as he draws back his sword for another strike. The gnoll visibly pales a bit as the blade scrapes the stone ceiling above, for a second distracted from the attack. That second was all the sailor needed, his blade cleaving down forcefully, carving the gnoll's arm and part of it's shoulder clear of it's body, erupting a short shower of hot, thick, canine blood over Braggi and Navith before the body flopped wetly to the floor.

Initiative Order
Second Group Acts
First Group: Navith, Gnolls D and G
Second Group: Braggi (Already acted), Filnefillan, Musami, Zokama, Gnolls C and F

Odd Room Battle


Musami Forgeborn Male Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) (5) HP 54/54 | AC:24 | T:12 | FF:23 CMB: +9 (+2 Sunder, Trip, Bullrush, Overrun)| CMD:21 (25 Vs Bullrush & Trip) | Fort:+7 | Ref:+2 | Will:+2 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities, +1 vs fear) | Init:+1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20') | Speed 20ft | Active Condition: -24NL Damage, Shaken

Musami swings again at Gnoll G.

+1 Heavy Mace, power attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Loot Sheet Female Human (Flan) Detective Bard 5 | HP 28/28 | CMB +6 / CMD +18 | AC 17 / T 12 / FF 15 | Fort +2 / Ref +6 / Will +6 | Initiative +2 | Bardic Performances 15/15 | Action Points 3/3 | Perception +12/+14 to detect traps | Active Effects: Ioun Torch

Zokama pivots and takes a step back, continuing to attack Gnoll F despite its new position.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 1 = 10

Unfortunately, she shoots while she is still off-balance and the arrow clatters uselessly to the floor. Zokama glares darkly, inwardly chastising herself for incompetence, and reaches back for another arrow.


Male High Elf Wizard 4 HP: 23 AC: 13. Mage Armor 17

Fil drops his bow and draws his Rapier.

attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Musami lands a solid blow to the gnoll's side, knocking a bit more wind from his efforts, slowly the gnoll as it reassesses it's situation.

Filnefillan himself pokes his gnoll adversary a shallow jab, more to keep the thing off balance and to allow himself to fully step into a defensive stance.

Gnoll C shifts it's focus and attempts to strike Braggi with an Arrow: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 2 - 4 = 1 but fails to account for it's ally and glances the shaft off it's companion, clattering to the ground near Navith's feet.

Gnoll F, slavering jaws grinding before Filnefillan, swings it's Greataxe: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21 at his midriff, the slash punching through the field of mystic force and cutting a Damage: 1d12 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 bloody seam from side to side an inch above his navel.

Initiative Order
First Group Acts
First Group: Navith, Gnolls D and G
Second Group: Braggi, Filnefillan, Musami, Zokama, Gnolls C and F

Odd Room Battle


Human Male Cleric 4; HP 39/31; AC 21/ T 10/ FF 20; Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +8; Init +1; Per +4; CMB +5, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft Channel Energy 7/day, DC 14, (2d6 + 4 to undead); Fire Bolt 6/day, 1d6 +2, 30 ft range

Navith feels the tide of the battle as a palpable wave, and wonders which side it will crash on. Musami seems tied up in his attempt to render his gnoll unconscious. Both Fil and Braggi are struggling with heavy wounds. His own healing power is almost spent, but if the foes aren't reduced they will all die...

"Musami! [i]Finish it!!!" the Pelorite cries, frustration breaking through his normally settled demeanor. "Zo, let's keep Fil alive - Braggi, move out of the archer's line of sight!"

Navith sees Braggi's new foe unhurt, and knows his divine fire won't kill it - ldrawing forth his favored longspear and keaving his fell weapon on the ground he steps south and then unleashes Pelor's fury upon Fil's oppressor...the bolt is large and powerful, the aim however is woeful...

Free Action: Shout orders
Move Action: Move 5' to the south, drawing longspear.
Standard Action: Fire bolt, ranged touch attack...

Zzzzowwww!!!: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Fzhamm!!!: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Can someone please move Navith 5' to the south...


Loot Sheet Female Human (Flan) Detective Bard 5 | HP 28/28 | CMB +6 / CMD +18 | AC 17 / T 12 / FF 15 | Fort +2 / Ref +6 / Will +6 | Initiative +2 | Bardic Performances 15/15 | Action Points 3/3 | Perception +12/+14 to detect traps | Active Effects: Ioun Torch

Keep him alive by healing him, or by shooting at the enemy is the question. I assume since you shot, you want me to heal? You can't channel?

Moved. He isn't the only one that badly needs healing (I think... it would help if everyone updated their tag line status.)

1,951 to 2,000 of 2,765 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Beyond the Tentacled Eye Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.