Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


9,651 to 9,700 of 14,076 << first < prev | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | next > last >>

This one is nearly star struck. She smiles politely and listens. "Yes, Korg and Father Zalen have both mentioned you did a fine job clearing the man's name and investigating Thumb's Reach." She rests a forefinger on her pouty lips as if contemplating her thoughts. "both ships are fine...a fair warning that the Black Rider has a bit of a reputation as former hellish slaver, so you'd run a risk of potential attack by Dragoon patrol ships returning to port - if they haven't heard about the recent change in ownership." she looks sternly into Astri's eyes, "I will not tolerate it going back to that line of business...slavery needs to be stamped out." She exhales, "What line of work would you intend for Black Rider? It does take a special crew to handle the bulk of the Black Rider."


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7
Astrianna Sparacello wrote:
"The Baron of the Tides or the Black Rider, though I prefer the sleeker Baron myself."

Smooth.

With a start Chell realized her mistake. It wasn't the woman's appearance that attracted her but her enviable amount of confidence, her attitude. Everything I'm not and everything I need to be. Donovan said I needed to be the heart of the ship. This was the type of person who could walk into a room and command instant respect, even if they didn't know who she was. If she didn't respect that so much she'd probably be jealous. The little cleric was a long way off from being able to do the same if she ever could. "Um...yes well I hope it was a good rant. After what happened yesterday I don't feel like I deserve much praise." Well that was a poor start. But it was too late now. With so many confident individuals in one room it felt stifling in here. "I'm sorry. I have to ask. The name...of your ship. Why that particular...one?"


The mousy cleric finds her voice. "What happened yesterday that would hamper your praise." One of her thin eyebrows raise. "Well shyte she's graceful and sleek enough to bed Quell himself. Who wouldn't appreciate a good f*^k every chance you get? Quell's gotta have a sense of humor, he hasn't sunk her yet."


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri shrugs.

Giant:
"Tonight would be a great. Though how much time I have may depend on how well any negotiations go. We want to get this ship business settles as soon we can."

"Tell me, is your Captain always so overpowering? I'd wonder that your crew would be able to get anything done at all unless she was shut up in her cabin."


Giant:
"Capt. Bethany has a fiery personality and an excellent sense of humor, but does not take kindly to disrespect. She enjoys appreciation of her beauty from others – and uses it well– but will not tolerate any remarks that belittle her position as captain." he snort a bit. "She responds to such insults with her rapier wit, and if that fails, with her rapier. She will not kill a man for insulting her, but she
will embarrass him by bettering him in a duel or slashing his belt right off his trousers. Everyone onboard Quell’s Whore knows she is the captain, and her word is stronger than the laws of heaven."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna nods, well aware of the Black Rider's reputation. She smiles. "Nothing I couldn't talk us out of I'm sure, misunderstandings happen all the time on the sea." The bard tries not to look like a scolded child when Bethany looks at her sternly, and the only thing that keeps her face straight is years of acting experience. "While I'm sure it is a fine ship if put to the right purposes, I have no interest in the Black Rider, it's far too cumbersome for my tastes. Not to mention it would take at least someone as big as Korg to comfortably helm it."

She gestures at Sorrin. "This one keeps talking about it, though, and we are still debating on where to invest our recent profits. As for our purpose, we are no friends of slavers." The smile returns to the half-elf's face as she lays a hand on her collarbone. "I'm more of a treasure-hunter and explorer myself, but we all are interested in privateering... for benefit of the honest merchants and economy of Shaw."

Bluff: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (11) + 18 = 29

Bluff:
Really, Astrianna believes privateering is a lucrative endeavor because no one cares if you steal from thieves. If Bethany makes the sense motive she would probably get the jist Astri thinks the profits from privateering come first and helping people is just a fortunate by-product.


Capt Razor:

SM: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

She nods approvingly at the commentary about not slaving, "at least you know your limitations with the handling. It'll take a big man to handle her. You've been working with Capt Donovan, I hear."


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Chell is more than a little taken aback by the sudden shift to a more a vulgar way of speaking. And then "*snrk*". Try as she might she couldn't hold it back. She had to look away from the elf captain, a hand over her mouth and holding a finger out for a moment, as she shook with silently laughter. It took her a good minute to be able to look Captain Razor in the eye, her own watery from exertion. Though it was still difficult to control her mirth she felt a lot more at ease. "Whoo wow. I'm...I'm sure he does. *snrk* Sorry. I wasn't expecting that." Chell finally contains her giggles and the smile she returns is genuine and innocent. "Though I think its more in appreciation of what you."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna was half-listening to the conversation between Korg and Embri, and took note of the Captain's discipline style aboard her ship. I could do that. Maybe one day I can be a Captain...

She gives an affirmative to their association with Captain Donovan. "Yes, while we are all skilled sailors none of us have any experience captaining. He has taken us under his wing and offered to captain our vessels. Lucky for us- I have never seen anyone handle a ship or crew so well in my life."

The bard has some questions of her own. "We just returned from the Hungermire today after investigating the disappearance of some of Hargrove's indentured servants- it was an experience, to say the least. Do you know if the Mother's Blessing has left port yet today? I used to sail aboard her, wanted to see her off."


"If you keep him out of the bottle and there isn't a finer Captain or officer around." She pauses. "That is a big IF.'

She nods at the mention of the Hungermire swamp and scrunches her nose and lips when Hargrove is mentioned. "Mother's Blessing been delayed by a day, so I heard....departs tomorrow."


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Just wanted to prove or worth and let you know you have a friendly ship at sea.

Anyone know someone with the initials KC, perhaps a priest?


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna is quite excited when she learns the Mother's Blessing is still in port. "Ah, thank you, I'll have to go pay them a visit!"

She pulls out the enamel and platinum picture Sorrin was referring to. "We found this in the Hungermire, it was in the possession of an undead wight. Appears to be a picture of a woman, and it's initialed to KC. I suspect it was part of the wight's past, intelligent undead tend to cling to objects representing their former lives." She looks up to Sorrin. "I was going to ask Jessica if she knew anything about it before we sold it. It could be inconsequential, but it's good to be sure."


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7
Bethany Razor, NPC elf wrote:

"If you keep him out of the bottle and there isn't a finer Captain or officer around." She pauses. "That is a big IF.'

She nods at the mention of the Hungermire swamp and scrunches her nose and lips when Hargrove is mentioned. "Mother's Blessing been delayed by a day, so I heard....departs tomorrow."

"He's been doing better now that he has something to occupy his hands besides ale. And his experience has been invaluable. It will be good to see what he can do behind a real ship. How often do you speak with father Zalen?"


She shrugs. "Do I look like a Seerer?" Shaking her head when asked about 'KC". "Isn't that her department...undead?" Motioning to Chell.

She begins to pay for the the items that are presented to her. "So you looking at the Baron anything else?" She doesn't respond to "friendly ship at sea" comment.


She raises an eyebrow and smirks when Chell asks about how often she speaks with Father Zalen. "We have a few mutual interests...we really wanted to get to the bottom of the Thumb's Reach massacre, plus he does good work, so we chat when it's appropriate. He's got his hand full right now."

"Well...if you're interested in Black rider come on over to the Whore. As far, as working with you...well, you need a better ship than that flee ridden tub you're sailing....it should be sunk for a reef." She smiles widely, "I think my first mate and Jonah offered you a drink or two, if memory serves....don't keep them waiting long."


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7
Bethany Razor, NPC elf wrote:

She shrugs. "Do I look like a Seerer?" Shaking her head when asked about 'KC". "Isn't that her department...undead?" Motioning to Chell.

She begins to pay for the the items that are presented to her. "So you looking at the Baron anything else?" She doesn't respond to "friendly ship at sea" comment.

"I could but we were still in the swamp this morning and I prepared spells for that. We'll have to wait until tomorrow. Certainly can't speak with the creature in question though. The temple it was in sank into the Hungermire. Ironic actually," she says looking mildly pensive.

Bethany Razor, NPC elf wrote:

She raises an eyebrow and smirks when Chell asks about how often she speaks with Father Zalen. "We have a few mutual interests...we really wanted to get to the bottom of the Thumb's Reach massacre, plus he does good work, so we chat when it's appropriate. He's got his hand full right now."

"Well...if you're interested in Black rider come on over to the Whore. As far, as working with you...well, you need a better ship than that flee ridden tub you're sailing....it should be sunk for a reef." She smiles widely, "I think my first mate and Jonah offered you a drink or two, if memory serves....don't keep them waiting long."

I imagine. He is short quite a few hands right now. I was assigned to help try and solve the problem but few clues have been found." To Bethany Razor it is probably obvious the priestess has more to say but can't in such an open environment and that the whole affair troubles her deeply. Probably as much as it troubles Zalen.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna chuckles when Bethany suggests sinking the Dragon's Tail to make a reef. I'd do it, but the dockmaster actually wants to purchase the thing.

"We will try to make it over to your ship tonight, we have kept your mates waiting for too long I think. It was a pleasure to finally make your acquaintance." She smiles. One day... I'm going to be just like her.


Bethany and Korg finish with their business, then make for the door. "Till next we meet."

Where are you heading now?


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

About what time is it? Going to find Lester or see if the Commandant is available most likely.

Also need to know how we're splitting up the money before Astri buys her bracers.


Evil GM

By the time you deliver the rescued prisoners, collect your coin, bathe, then sell your loot it's late afternoon say 4:00ish.

Remember you still have the Dragon's tail to sell...you'll have to negotiate with boris gain, remember Cirlewan insulted him by speaking highly of the pirate captain Falken Drango. Before he became agitated he had offered 5,000 gold


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Well, at least she isn't with us now, so maybe that will help?


Evil GM

Sorrin is ear to ear grinning as he walks in the midst of three beautiful women, his mind wanders. The air seems a bit fresher today, perhaps it's because you've accomplished something worthwhile, or maybe because you have sacks full of gold, but the Port just seems different. You actually pass a few shop keepers who nod approvingly towards you. A few try to entice you into their shops, showing their latest fashion designs.

You notice a few beggars the closer you get to Tide District.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Crap forgot about the insult. Gonna have to pull out the diplomacy and talk him back into the offered price. Hope you have enhance diplo prepared Chell and some aid checks. Too late for Astri to stop by the green Dragon and get changed for her diplo hat sadly.


"C..c...cop...'ers fer d'poor." The old man's face is lined from years of hard living. "Bread...coin fer soup...migrace." He tongue slips through the gap in his teeth, "I c..c..can sp...spit shine yer boots Milady." He reaches towards Astri and Chell.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna notices the nods and approval from the various folks around town. My legend grows, this is wonderful. I need to find more time to perform, I don't want to just be known for my heroic feats of course...

Entering into the Tide district was a bit different.

Ugh. Beggers.

Astrianna tosses the man a silver piece to distract him, mostly so he won't touch her. "Buy yourself a drink."


"Quell's bless'n...keep you safe." The silver quickly disappears from sight. Then like vultures on a carcass, three others beggars emerge from nearby. "Pleaz...'elp feed us, spare few coins fer th'hungry." They begin to paw at the ground near your boots.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

"Astri. Be nice," Chell chides the bard. She reaches out to the poor man and helps him up. "No need sir. I am happy to help. I have some food left from earlier," she says handing over the rest of her rations from Create Food and Water. "This will only last the rest of the day. It was created through a spell. Why do you not go to the Quell Chapter House? They always try to help with food and medicine. And is that stutter natural or a sickness?"


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

I knew this would happen.... You knew this would happen, why did you do it, idiot? Ugh. Why the hell not, we've had a good run.

Astrianna chuckles softly at Chell. "What? Everyone should be entitled to a drink." The bard reaches into her magical coin pouch and suddenly gives a speech. "All ye faithful, say a prayer to whichever god you worship, because today a blessing rains down from the heavens. This is for the unfortunate souls that lost their lives in the Hungermire!"

The half-elf grabs a handful of silver coins, tossing them into the air above the group of beggars. As they scramble for the silver Astrianna escapes from the scene with a grin.

Silver coins tossed into group: 3d10 ⇒ (8, 3, 1) = 12

I love playing Astrianna so much.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Chell could see it before it happened. Like a vision of things to come. Astrianna reached into her pocket and flung coins. They caught the light of the sun and glinted with promise. The promise of a full belly, a warm bed, company, or alcohol enough to dull the pain of living a poor life. If only I could get enough they would think.

And they would fight. They might even kill for a reprieve. Like flicking a switch, the glinting light off the metal coins would send them all into a frenzy. She couldn't let that happen.

Chell grabs Astrianna's hand in a vice like grip. She actually dig into the tendons to make the bard release the coins back in the pouch. It was a strength the priestess had never shown before. And when the bard cries out and looks at her comrade, her friend, she finds a very different person. One she will find no sympathy in. One with a burning fire of angry behind her eyes. "Don't. You. Dare," she all but snarls. "Think before you do something that cruel and heartless. What do you think would happen if you flung those coins?"

I did this once in a game. It was not pretty.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

"Urk."

Astrianna suddenly finds some recently manicured nails digging into her arm. Her eyebrows raise as she finds the priestess stopping her from tossing coins to the group. "Ow, Chell, what in the nine hells... heartless?" She looks at her in confusion at her question. "I'm trying to give these people some money for a meal, will you let go of me?" The stronger half-elf could easily tear from the priestess' grip, but she does not out of principle.

I certainly know it won't be pretty... But Astrianna thinks she's doing them a favor. 10 wisdom score yeeeeeah. Thank Baldwin's character generation rules it isn't lower, because it would be an 8 otherwise.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Good thing Chell has enough to go around. I am surprised you put so much in Charisma though. Imagine how much dex, str, or con you'd have if you dropped it to 14 and put the level 4 increase there. That's what the usual optimizations do.

Chell releases her hand but stays between the bard and the poor. "They don't need money they need help. Food. Water. A place to stay. Something to do. You throw that out there and I guarantee they will tear each other apart. Someone might even die. And it would be all because of you. You want that on your hands?" She spins abruptly and walks towards the crowd. She then gathers them with the promise of food and a place to stay for the night and heads for the Chapter House. She knocks on the door and gives Father Zalen the best apologetic smile she can muster. "Sorry."

Better exclude me from the dealings with Lestor and selling the ship and what not. Busy until tomorrow. Willing to donate for clothing, bedrolls, food, help, etc.


"Moth'r pleaz." As more beggars emerge like rats in a ships hold. How could it become a flock already. He multipled from a single soul to now what...7...no...no 10...oh dear more are coming form the other side of the street. A horde of beggars all wanting a taste of the silver that astri gave to one man. Suddenly a fist flies at the originally beggar. "Coin buys fuud...and a cot...let 'er give." One screams.


Evil GM
Chell Silves wrote:

Good thing Chell has enough to go around. I am surprised you put so much in Charisma though. Imagine how much dex, str, or con you'd have if you dropped it to 14 and put the level 4 increase there. That's what the usual optimizations do.

You should know by ow there is so much more to this game than optimized stats.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"Chell, get your arse back here, we all need to leave. I mean seriously, I am the only damn person in the group to have been on the streets and hungry? Astri if too many come at you, just grease the damn street."

Bri tries to move her little group along to their destination and is ready to toss a Web spell to either the side or the back of them if Chell would just catch up. Using buildings as anchors of course.

Astri is a Bard, so she should have at least an 18 cha. Maybe dip it to a 16, but definitly not to a 14. You must be looking at some might poor Bards.


Evil GM

I'm chuckling over here at the unplanned riot.

Sorrin lets his hand drop to the hilt of his sword and the crowd becomes cautious. Chell tries to direct the folks to the Chapaterhouse, Bri shakes her head in disbelief, and Astri is doing her best not to have the dirty folks touch her. As the scene unfolds a a squad of dragoon rounds the corner and then normalcy returns to the area.

Are you proceeding to the Run Aground?


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Whew, thank goodness for Dragoons who are actually useful.

"Well, let's get on to our next meeting, right?"

Bri is fine with heading on to the Run Aground.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

14 charisma? Astri is far more beautiful and charming than that!

Sighing at Chell's speech, the bard reluctantly agrees with her assessment. "I was just trying to help." She looks back over at the changing scene.

"Um." Astrianna's eyes begin to widen as more and more beggars start to pour out of the woodwork. She takes her hand back from the priestess. "Chell, I think we should leave."

When the crowd starts to get cautious and the Dragoons round the corner she decides now is a good time to exit stage left. "I didn't expect them to act that way. I've never given the beggars much if anything, but now that we have so much money it seemed silly not to help."

Yup Run Aground, then the harbormaster, then fort stormshield. Efficient!


Evil GM

I think Sorrin is still out of town, so he'll probably be limited posting.

You smell the briny sea air as you walk the wharf towards the tavern. The docks are bustling with activity and you spot the Mother's Blessing still in tied off, but it's decks are full of activity. You notice Henk bellowing at few a stragglers.

Quite a bit closer is the Quell's Whore and she rides the lapping water like swan on a lake.

The scene is disturbed when the door to the Run Aground flies open and the sound of a raunchy sea song can be heard. Out stumble three sailors in a jovial mood.

The Run Aground Tavern


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna grins when she hears Henk bellowing from the deck of the ship. "Ah, that lug. After we find Lester I want to tell them all goodbye. Especially Thalios, I'm going to miss that scoundrel."

She notes the much closer Quell's Whore. "Tonight we should celebrate the purchase of our new ship with Korg, Jacob, and the crew, our visit is long overdue." The bard had started to unconsciously rhyme in time to the jaunty sea tune coming out of the Run Aground, and she gets a bit more pip in her step.

Moving aside for the stumbling sailors, Astrianna steps into the tavern and checks if Falgor Finney is at the bar.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri steps aside for stumbling sailors, she's learned to move aside or suffer stepped on toes by men to drunk to watch where they are going.

After seeing the Mother's Belssing still tied off, Bri's eager to pop into the tavern. "Hurry up Astri, if Henk is so busy yelling at the crew, maybe that means the Captain is getting a last drink in here."

Once she enters, Bri scans about the room to look for any familiar faces.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Charisma doesn't necessarily mean beautiful. It is supposed to indicate your force of personality. And to most optimizers 16 is the highest charisma a bard needs because it is the minimum the stat needs to be to cast all the spells. The bard is also not supposed to be a dedicated caster so the DC's aren't a priority. Most optimization doesn't leave a cleric with so little strength either though so I get it.

Astrianna Sparacello wrote:
When the crowd starts to get cautious and the Dragoons round the corner she decides now is a good time to exit stage left. "I didn't expect them to act that way. I've never given the beggars much if anything, but now that we have so much money it seemed silly not to help."

"Trust me. It doesn't help." She is saddened by the shear number of poor left out on the street. If only some sign would make itself known as to the disappearances. Their only clue so far had been dissolved in a vat of acid where likely many others had found their fate. She was sure it was the Kraken but the cult was elusive and seemed to have its hand in the Dragoons. It seemed the only thing she could do was wait for them to rear their ugly head.


F Human, NPC Commoner/Entertainer

The bar is rowdy singing the mighty ballad of "Thalios Dondrel's Epic Adventure"

"Oh now listen to my jaunty tale,
of the Son of Mordekai!

He traveled the seas in search of tail,
the man would leave no skirt dry!

I saw him once fight with-out a sword
plumb nude, he was, while on-board.

He grasped a club and laid twenty dead,
'for I saw this might-y stick.

It flopped about and filled me with dread-
it was no club, but his prick!"

There are boots stomping and hips swinging as the merriment continues. There a round faced local woman dancing with two...no three men, her skirt flapping up as her ample buxom entices the spectators.


The bar keep nods and waves you over to the bar. "So far...you've done good keepin' Captain Donovan outof the bottle. 'eard he's trying ta train y'a crew too." He sniffs and pours the four of you a tankard. "This ones on the house."

DM random events:

run into someone you know 30%: 1d100 ⇒ 40
sordid rumors 30?%: 1d100 ⇒ 5
other fun stuff 25%: 1d100 ⇒ 9

You all don't recognize anyone there or least not anyone who you've encountered before.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

DETECT POISON ON EVERYTHING!


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

That's my cue, right? Or did you take it too now? :)


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"Thank you Barkeep. We're doing our best to help him stay straightened out. Say, what's on the menu tonight?"

When ever he turns his head or looks away from her, Bri casts Detect Poison on her drink. She just doesn't want to offend the Barkeep.


Shark stew...plentiful and cheap these days. Good turnips, taters, and onions in nice creamy broth. Bread right cheap too all of a sudden, something 'bout the bakers worried 'bout competition. Not too sure' bout that but cheaper costs can help out."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Hahaha I should write some more songs.

Astrianna bursts out laughing once she recognizes the tune. "Ah I knew it would catch on..." If she wasn't here on business the bard would take out her fiddle, but the day is already running short.

She accepts the tankard and takes a drink, nodding a thanks to the dwarf. "I'll take a bowl of shark stew, I'm famished." The bard is interested in the bakers. "What's this about the bakers? Competition from where? Seems there has been some economic turmoil lately. Heard the alchemist's guild is all fluster after someone bought up all their alchemist fire as well."

When she gets her bowl of soup the half-elf swirls it in the bowl to cool it off. "Falgor, we heard this is the place to find a fellow named Lester, do you know if he's here?"


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

I have it now cause I said some things.

Chell cringes at shark stew, reminded yet again of their time in the swamp. But she eats anyway as the rest of her food went to the poor man earlier. Tomorrow she would need to stock up on supplies again.


Doesn' Sorrin talk about employing Tutilans in a bakery making small portions cheaply? Ha

He shrugs, "Some say a wealthy foreign merchant or prince is talk'n bout buyin' properties and opening bakeries. Little dough pasteries and cups of chick-O-ry coffee. Talk'n 'bout dunkin the little pasties in the coffee. Hired some elves to set it up."

His eyes narrow and bends much closer to his bar, "They alchy fire rumor is spreading like hot cakes...that's confirmed. Mark me words something bad's 'bout to go ablaze." He wipes the bar with his dirty rag, "Last fire 'ere kilt many people...many...ships burned, buildings, nasty, nasty that was."

He smiles, "Follow the smell the famous sewer pirate is back there." he nods towards the far corner with pulled drapes. "he's the halfling."

Falgor bows his head as chell prays over the food and drink, he doesn't realize she is detecting poison. The meal comes up fine.

9,651 to 9,700 of 14,076 << first < prev | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.