Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


9,701 to 9,750 of 14,076 << first < prev | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | next > last >>

CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Oh yeah he did!! Ha that's amazing Baldwin.

Astrianna nearly spits up her shark soup when Falgor starts talking about Sorrin's plans to open up a bakery. "Ah... yes, I suppose we would know something about that." She casts a glance over at the desert warrior.

The bard leans in close when Falgor mentions the alchemist fire, and she frowns when he confirms the rumor. "Bad news... Hm..." We may have to look into this. Perhaps we can ask the Commandant what he has heard.

She looks over at the drapes when Falgor indicates the halfling's position. "That's great, thank you Falgor. Do you know what kind of drink he likes...? Into cigars perhaps?"


He pours snifter of aged brandy and slides it you. "He may smell like the shyter but he has the tastes of royalty. Sewer divin' made 'im well off." He pauses. "That'll be 3 gold for the brandy and the meals."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna puts down the four gold on the bar and takes the aged brandy. She inhales the aroma and lifts the glass to put some of it on her lips, licking it off. "Mmm. I might buy a bottle of this from you later. Thank you Falgor, you've been a great help."

The bard looks at her companions, holding the snifter delicately in her hand. "You are all welcome to come along, or you can stay here. Just let me do the talking to get him warmed up and then ask questions if you have them."

She walks over to the curtained table area and raps loudly on the wood nearby. "I have a Brandy for Mr. Lester here, if I may enter..." The half-elf says in a sultry voice.


Evil GM
Astrianna Sparacello wrote:

Astrianna puts down the four gold on the bar and takes the aged brandy. She inhales the aroma and lifts the glass to put some of it on her lips, licking it off. "Mmm. I might buy a bottle of this from you later. Thank you Falgor, you've been a great help."

You're killing me...you licked his glass before you give it to him.

Astri:
You hear clear concise words being chanted but there is not a direct answer to your request to enter. You've heard Chell speak like this before. Some words about Sea...blue tides, life..."

What are you going to do.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

I told you I love playing Astrianna :p Technically she put some of the brandy on her lips and licked it off but I like your interpretation better.

Astrianna raises an eyebrow when she hears the chanting coming from behind the curtains. Sounds like they're blessing something... She attempts to stealthily move the curtain aside and peek in.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Evil GM

Astri:

You see a hafling praying, his fingers are working a holy symbol that is hanging from his neck, it looks like a small vial of water. His words are familiar in that you've heard Chell speak them often over the last couple days. He is wearing leather armor and he has a few daggers and kukris visible.

perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

One eye brow raises as a sliver of light creeps through the drape. He continues what he was doing.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna raises an eyebrow back at him when he looks over. She pushes the curtain aside and enters, setting the snifter down beside the halfling. She sits down in a seat at the table and casually leans back, waiting for him to finish his prayers. I did not expect a halfling sewer-diving pirate to be a cleric of Quell... or vice-versa. This world is truly full of all kinds.


Evil GM

His fingers snake around the stem of the snifter, he says a quick prayer over the glass, then nods approvingly. "At least your not trying to poison me...sweetie. Who do I owe the pleasure to? You obviously know me and my flavor, but you are you?" His bushy eye brows raise inquisitively. "Perhaps you'd like to join me in prayer?"


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Good thing he doesn't have detect saliva.

Ahh it's evening he's getting his spells for the day.

Astrianna chuckles softly at the mention of poison. "Yes I've heard poison is quite popular here in Shaw... A pastime, even?"

She extends her recently manicured hand to Lester with a smile, offering he take it for a kiss. If he takes it, he would notice the palms are slightly calloused and the short-trimmed nails are kept immaculate. A clear indication she is not just a pretty face. "I am Astrianna Sparacello, problem-solver and the up-and-coming best fiddler this city has ever heard."

Deciding she is going to be asking him for some potentially sensitive information, the bard goes along with his request. "Of course- then I'd like to ask you some questions, if you'd be so kind?" She clears her throat. "You're a worshiper of Quell, correct...? I know a hymn or two, if you'd like."

The half-elf sings in a firm, crooning alto.

Eternal Quell, strong to save,
Whose arm hath bound the restless wave,
Who bidd'st the mighty ocean deep
Its own appointed limits keep;
Oh, hear us when we cry to Thee,
For those in peril on the sea!

O Quell! Whose voice the waters heard
And hushed their raging at Thy word,
Who walkedst on the foaming deep,
And calm amidst its rage didst sleep;
Oh, hear us when we cry to Thee,
For those in peril on the sea!

Most Holy Sea King! Who didst brood
Upon the chaos dark and rude,
And bid its angry tumult cease,
And give, for wild confusion, peace;
Oh, hear us when we cry to Thee,
For those in peril on the sea!

O Lord of Blue, with love and power!
Our brethren shield in danger's hour;
From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
Protect them wheresoe'er they go;
Thus evermore shall rise to Thee
Glad hymns of praise from land and sea.

Perform: Sing: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26

Eternal Father, Strong to Save. William Whiting, 1860


Evil GM

An alto voice pierces the tavern from a curtained corner. At first it contrasts and conflicts with the rowdy drinking tune regarding Thalios' stick but soon the crowd settles down. Astri's voice carries Quell's word.

Once the hymn is finished. "Daily prayers held with the changing of the tides sure can lift the spirit." The little sewer-pirate priest praises the bard. "Now...how can I be of service." He is grinning ear to ear.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna smiles as the crowd outside grows quiet and listens to the hymn. Oops. Interrupted my own song. Well, the writer isn't offended, and Thalios won't know.

"Yes, my friend and Chell Silves often sings during her prayers to Quell- I know she would be delighted to meet you."

Leaning forward in her chair, Astrianna folds her hands on the table. ""Much appreciated, Lester." She still smiles, but it is softer and her voice is serious. I am looking for information regarding the whereabouts and machinations of the infamous Karskor Thul... would you know how to find him?"


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

"Did someone say my name?" Chell asks through the curtain. She, like everyone else in the tavern, had heard Astrianna's somber yet beautiful version of Eternal Quell. Odd that she would be singing it for a contact she thought.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna cranes her head back a bit. "Come on in Chell. I think you'll want to speak to Lester."


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

"Why's that?" she asks as she leans into the curtained area. She wrinkles her nose at the smell. Sewers. And when her eyes finally adjust she looks curiously at the halfling. "Oh. Hello. You must be Lester," she says taking a seat and extending her hand to shake. "I am Chell Silves. Nice to meet you."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna smiles, and gestures at the halfling's holy symbol. "Because we just finished having a wonderful prayer to Quell."


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

"Really?"

Religion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

I'll wait to be sure. A vial of water is different from the description on the info tab.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Hey there, Falgor. How's business? Mind if I am off any Tulita left a message for me... Was hoping this was a safe place.

Any trouble? Sorrin passes some silver, for water. Cool, of he's got it.


Evil GM

The little halfling stands up and bows to Chell, "Milady you lift my spirits like a fresh tide moving, cleansing the earth." He smiles brightly, [/b]"I was just concluding a prayer to Father of Water, with the new tide, giving thanks for his purity when your friends stepped in to lend a stunning rendition the Eternal Father.".

Chell:

There is no mistaking that he is worships Quell. You actually recongnize his unique holy symbol a Token of Quell, it provides certain spell casting abilities to the wearer.

His eyes suddenly widen, "Oh my...YOU must be the Priestess that Fther Zalen has been raving about. How fortunate for me....see with the new tide comes the best flotsam." Chell you would recognize this as a high compliment.


Sorrin the Wayward wrote:

Hey there, Falgor. How's business? Mind if I am off any Tulita left a message for me... Was hoping this was a safe place.

Any trouble? Sorrin passes some silver, for water. Cool, of he's got it.

His stubby fingers dart out like an alligator as he pockets the coin. "I'm fine with that sir."


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri is just chilling at the bar right now, enjoying some good drinks and watching the scenery about her.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Embrianna, what's on your mind... Besides beef?


Evil GM

Updated map of the RunAground

Run Aground

*Ptahh I put you at the end of the bar on the map.
**I relocated Bri and Sorrin on the Map

Bri make a perception check at +2.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"With that much beef, I don't know that I have room for much else. But if I did, it would be ships and treasure hunting. Thinking on what kind of ship we need, we need one with a shallow draw so that we can better navigate the sharp reefs that the ship may be sitting on. The fact that no one else has yet to claim the wreck and the treasure for themselves is a little worrisome since it speaks of how dangerous this might be. And of course we have to find it to start with."

Bri keeps a careful eye on the other patrons of the bar and doesn't use any names to avoid getting attention that she doesn't want.

perception: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 = 12


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna smiles at the compliment to her singing. "I suppose I may end up being known as the best fiddler and vocalist at this rate."

While Chell and Lester inevitably begin to discuss Quell and the recent disappearances, she decides to do some writing.Taking out her journal and pen she dips it in the ink well and starts writing in flowing Elvish. Of course, she's recording their conversation for future reference material, not that they would know.

She waits for Lester to get back around to her question about Thul.


Evil GM

The halfling seems quite captivated with Chell at the moment, he doesn't even seem to have heard Astri's question about Thul. "Ohhhh...how rude of me...sit...sit, he moves out form behind the table to pull out a chair for Chell." He mumbles a bit out loud, Chelllllll....Quelllll...Chell." If it's possible his grin has widened.


Evil GM

Insert bard's impatient foot tapping here.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna lets out an amused snnrrk when Lester realizes the phoneticc onnections between Chell and Quell. "I thought the exact same thing." She notes he didn't seem to hear her question. This one has some serious selective hearing.

The half-elf's foot taps a slow beat against the wooden floor.... the tempo increasing with her impatience.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7
baldwin the merciful wrote:
His eyes suddenly widen, "Oh my...YOU must be the Priestess that Fther Zalen has been raving about. How fortunate for me....see with the new tide comes the best flotsam." Chell you would recognize this as a high compliment.

"Please, I have been hearing that too much recently and I doubt I deserve it. Thank you though." She takes the offered seat with a smile and nod of thanks. She slaps her hand to her face in annoyance when her name is brought up. "Please don't bring that up again. I heard that all through my childhood when I was studying to be cleric. I am pretty sure it was my Grandmother's idea." She chides them for it but is smiling at the end.

She gives Astrianna a sideways glance, noticing the annoyance. She had half a mind to continue talking about any and all things related to her deity with a fellow believer just to annoy the bard further. It wasn't everyday the more enticing, half-elf woman would get overlooked by the plain looking priestess. But she wasn't that mean. "Its good to meet another follower but I believe Astrianna has your ear first. She's a friend in need of information. I believe the Commandant said you could help. A man named Karskor Thul?"


Ptahh enters the Run Aground and scans the crowded tavern for any of the familiar faces of the Rabid Weasel. Satisfied that none are present, he finds a suitable spot down the bar from which he can keep an eye on the door.

Ale... and meat... fresh meat... Anything but fish... he grunts to the first waitress that happens to catch his eye.

He relaxes for a moment listening to a siren's voice sing of Quell. humpff... she sings of a lesser god. I would hear a song of Gorum. Still, it is quite intoxicating.

"Falgor"

Falgor?

Hearing the name spoken aloud, he snaps to reality and looks about the place for the dwarf before realizing that he is behind the bar.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna resists laughing at Chell's insistence to not bring up the connection between Chell's name and her deity. Her lips have a tinge of a grin though.

The bard wasn't pushing the question and wouldn't mind the two talking about Quell, but she is appreciative when the priestess continues her line of inquiry.

Her thin eyebrows raise as Chell mentions the Commandant and reveals who they are working for, and she shakes her head in warning. It's illegal to enter the sewers... Lester probably doesn't have a shining relationship with the Dragoons. It was Garreg that pointed us to Lester, but I don't want that known either considering we kidnapped him. "The Commandant never mentioned Lester, though I'm sure Gregory is aware of his existence, given his... fame for braving the sewers of Shaw."

She turns her head back to Lester to explain the situation. "We're independents hired to track down Thul, and heard from the grapevine you are the best to ask."


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7
Chell Silves wrote:
"Its good to meet another follower but I believe Astrianna has your ear first. She's a friend in need of information. I believe the Commandant said you could help. A man named Karskor Thul?"

My bad. I thought the Commandant told you to seek out Lester. Ignore that comment then. So hard keeping track of all the information flowing around.

Change to: "Its good to meet another follower but I believe Astrianna has your ear first. She's a friend in need of information. The Commandant is selling a ship we're interested in so we're looking into something for him. A man named Karskor Thul?"

Better? Gauging the reaction of another follower towards the Commandant would be helpful to me anyway.


Ptahh wrote:

Ptahh enters the Run Aground and scans the crowded tavern for any of the familiar faces of the Rabid Weasel. Satisfied that none are present, he finds a suitable spot down the bar from which he can keep an eye on the door.

Ale... and meat... fresh meat... Anything but fish... he grunts to the first waitress that happens to catch his eye.

He relaxes for a moment listening to a siren's voice sing of Quell. humpff... she sings of a lesser god. I would hear a song of Gorum. Still, it is quite intoxicating.

"Falgor"

Falgor?

Hearing the name spoken aloud, he snaps to reality and looks about the place for the dwarf before realizing that he is behind the bar.

The dwarf slides the half-orc a tankard, looking suspiciously at him, making sure coin is placed on the bar. New? Possibly looking to test his skill at the Broken Skull. "Well...shark stew is today's special...cheap and tasty in a cream sauce. Sharks are plentiful these days." He considers the meat request. "How do want the ribeye cooked...hell, you even want it cooked?" He half jokes. "You fresh off the ships looking test your luck a the Broken Skull, or are you smarter than that?"


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

I agree it will be helpful to learn about Lester, he seems a useful and friendly source of information. Either way works fine.


Evil GM

The halfling scrunches up his face when the Commandant is mentioned by Chell. "I mean no offense sacred sister. I beg Quell's forgiveness and will repent during my next prayer." You can see he is troubled that he somehow offended you. You certainly realize he is quite devout in his beliefs, which is odd in the cesspool: Port Shaw.

With Astri's corrections. "Well the commandant and the council have put my kind out of work by criminalizing going into the sewers." He is curious about the grapevine. Gregory? "Well that name Karskor Thul seems popular these days. Little thief, so I hear. What does that have to do with me?"


Evil GM

Ptaah make a perception check and make a straight intelligence check.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri spares the newcomer a glance as she drinks, she always had an interest in half-orcs.


Evil GM
Embrianna wrote:
Bri spares the newcomer a glance as she drinks, she always had an interest in half-orcs.

Bri remembers her recent tumble with Belok the fighter as she spare the new comer a glance.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

"Gregory" as in Gregory Bonaduce.

baldwin the merciful wrote:
The halfling scrunches up his face when the Commandant is mentioned by Chell. "I mean no offense sacred sister. I beg Quell's forgiveness and will repent during my next prayer." You can see he is troubled that he somehow offended you. You certainly realize he is quite devout in his beliefs, which is odd in the cesspool: Port Shaw.

Chell is instantly remorseful. She hadn't meant to make the man feel bad. "No, no, no. Its fine. Really. I thought I was lightening the mood. Sorry."

baldwin the merciful wrote:
With Astri's corrections. "Well the commandant and the council have put my kind out of work by criminalizing going into the sewers." He is curious about the grapevine. Gregory? "Well that name Karskor Thul seems popular these days. Little thief, so I hear. What does that have to do with me?"

She cocks her head to the side, curious. "What do you mean," she asks a little apprehensive. The sewers were likely dangerous but he made it sound like there was another reason. "I am not sure about Karskor Thul. Astrianna just said she you could help with that."


Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Intelligence: 1d20 ⇒ 11

Seeing Falgor eyeball him for a moment, Ptahh reaches into his belt pouch and lays some coin on the bar. Typical... although I don't suppose I'd trust me either.

"The ribeye. Let it hit the fire long enough to stop moving but not stop bleeding." Ptahh takes the contents of the tankard in a single draw then passes it back to the dwarf.

"I'm just looking for work. I'm capable with a blade," he explains motioning to the weapon strapped to his back. "And it's for sale to anyone willing to pay me."

Without looking up at Falgor, he nods his head toward the tankard. "Another."


Ptaah you notice a scantly clad female a bit further down the bar, she seems to have a moving necklace. Her long black hair flows from under the her black pirate hat.

You've heard of this place called the Broken Skull but you don't recall the specifics right now. You do know you've seen alot of sharks in the bay and you've heard the dockworkers grumbling about shark attacks and bites. But again, not enough to really sink into your memory.

"Lots of work for a blade. Depends which side of the fence you prefer."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astri has a habit of referring to the Commandant by his first name, which she probably shouldn't. They did make out in the carriage though...

The Commandant probably has a mistress which is why he ditched Astri the night after diner at the Kraken, so there's probably going to be a huuuge b%!&+ fight in the future. Or I least I hope so!

Astrianna isn't surprised the council and the dragoons are behind outlawing sewer diving. "Do you know why they outlawed it in the first place? I hear there are fabulous treasures from generations past down there. Recently I heard a rumor Sagacious Sam found the treasure map to Bloodbaine's fabled hoard down there..." She chuckles. "Though this is at least the 17th time the map has been found, right?"

Getting on to the reason they arrived- "Do you have any knowledge where Karskor Thul is currently? Perhaps some area he frequents?"


Evil GM

The halfling shrugs. "The Dragoons outlawed sewer raiding a few weeks back, and most of my colleagues (those precious few) packed it in, giving up on the fine art of sewer pillage. Nothing happens without the Commandant's knowledge...at least in my opinion...not a nice man. Like's his hangings as well...lets just say you don't want to be held for questions in the prison at the fort." He leans closer. "He could be looking for something or someone...maybe Thul or others. smugglers use to like the sewer routes."


Evil GM

"18th time," he chuckles.

He listens intently, "Thul probably went into the sewer but you'd be stumbling around if you went looking for him. You'd do better with guide and proper boat." The sparkle of gold glints in his eye.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna taps her lips with her index finger while the halfling speaks. A few weeks back? It was that recent? Hmm. They must have wanted to clear the place out so they could search for something.

She nods at his assessment of the Commandant. "I've heard of Boneduece's reputation, which is why I intend to stay on his good side."

Astrianna looks over at Chell. "Seems Thul might be down in the sewers." She gives a disgusted look. "Right after we got out of the Hungermire, too.."

She turns her attention back to the halfling. "Two more questions. Firstly, do you know of anyone that may be able to tell us about Thul's tentative location? Secondly..." She looks at her nails and speaks coyly. "If we were to say.. stake out one of the sewer entrances to see who goes in and out, which entrance would be the easiest to access?"


Evil GM

"The dragoons watch most the access points these days."

"Rumor is he was last seen slipping into the sewers from whence he never resurfaced...he could be anywhere." he'd give you a general idea where the man was rumored to have gone in. I don't have it handy and I need to review the sewer material closer...the sections vary in difficulty.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Chell wasn't really surprised by the halfling's reaction. The Commandant didn't sit well with her either but it wasn't her place to judge his actions. This was a harsh place. A few weeks seemed an odd coincidence to everything else going on here.

Chell mirrors the look and groans. Of course they would go right back to a disgusting environment. "Wonderful." Then she gives Astrianna a conspiratorial look. "Assuming we were of the mind to go spelunking, you wouldn't happen to know of a decent guide with a boat would you? Rumor has it there's a Halfling who has done quite well for himself."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna nods as she gives her the location, writing it down and making a small sketch of the location. "It just so happens we have a writ from the Commandant to track down Thul, which should allow us access to the sewers free of legal woes."

She follows along with Chell's angle. "Yes, we could certainly use a guide if we happened to find ourselves in the sewers. Chell, this halfling you speak of would, of course, be well compensated for his assistance." Her emerald eyes turn towards Lester, eyebrows raised slightly.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28


Evil GM

If his grin can get bigger it just did when Chell talks about the halfling. "Well for a small...," he shows you his thumb and pointing finger, "...fee I could get you into the sewers and serve as your guide. Mind you...tonight's not the time due to the tides...tomorrow night or the night or the next day."

"So you have a writ...aye?" Must have bed him for that parchment. "That can be...er, handy...so what are you going to do with this Thul fella if you find him."


Falgor Finney, NPC wrote:

"Lots of work for a blade. Depends which side of the fence you prefer."

"For the last several years, I've been security for a, uh... um... private merchant. But, he's gone now..." Ptahh's voice trails off as contemplative look crosses his face. His eyes dart back and forth as though he's reading a message written on the bar top. With a shake of his head, he looks back at Falgor.

"I was pretty good at it too, protecting him that is. I suppose that is what I could do. Yes, protection," he states emphatically pointing his at the dwarf. "No killing innocents, though. And no children. I'm not a monster."

Realizing he was now standing at his full height and being quite loud in the process, Ptahh quickly sat back in the bar stool and pulled his cloak more tightly about him. With an awkward grin, he tips his head in deference toward the raven, haired beauty down the bar.

"Another Ale... please."


Sorrin and Bri can make a perception check. DC 12 and higher you notice the half-orc standing and emphatically talking to the Falgor. DC 14 and you over hear what the half-orc is saying to the bar owner.

"B'sides the sword...you actually sail...I mean the real work of sailing, not just millin 'round the deck as a mercenary?

9,701 to 9,750 of 14,076 << first < prev | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.