Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


5,551 to 5,600 of 14,076 << first < prev | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | next > last >>

Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Double s!*+. My bad guys. Haven't played a bard yet either so I didn't realize the attack and damage where competence bonuses. Oh well.


Evil GM

DM's waiting on Astri, Torgue, and Sorrin to act.

RD 9 DMPC Bri

she will again try to slumber the remaining cockatrice.

will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

*She's used this ability a total of 5 times now if I recall correctly: twice on the ledge folks, onec on the foredeck, twice on the cockatrice.

The cockatrice falls asleep and takes the following falling damage. damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

the fall to the ship deck actually revives out of the slumber.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Round 9

Canceling Inspire Courage.

Logistics problem. Astri is the only one with a bow in her hand and someone needs to fire the grappling arrow, which is a standard action. Starting a new bardic performance is a standard action. I will begin the inspire competence for climbing next round.

Astrianna eyes the gravity elemental warily, but getting off the boat seemed a higher priority. She stops singing for a moment, and the sound of the battle changes dramatically at the silence of her voice.

She picks up the grappling arrow that Sorrin tied off and knocks it, before firing it up at the railing of the galley. "Let's get up there, something is happening to the Vintage!"

Free Action: Stop Inspire Courage

Move action: Pick up grappling arrow with silk rope

Standard action: Attempt to secure it on ship

Grappling arrow attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

I believe we have three boarding lines now?


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Torgue took his action yesterday.

Torgue wrote:

Torgue draws his greatclub as part of a move and shoves past Embri to take a whack at the chicken harassing her. Come here, you little varmint.

Greatclub,Power attack,inspired: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 161d10 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20


Evil GM
Astrianna Sparacello wrote:

Round 9

Canceling Inspire Courage.

Logistics problem. Astri is the only one with a bow in her hand and someone needs to fire the grappling arrow, which is a standard action. Starting a new bardic performance is a standard action. I will begin the inspire competence for climbing right round.

Evil holiday laughter fills my house.


Evil GM
Astrianna Sparacello wrote:

Torgue took his action yesterday.

Torgue wrote:

Torgue draws his greatclub as part of a move and shoves past Embri to take a whack at the chicken harassing her. Come here, you little varmint.

Greatclub,Power attack,inspired: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 161d10 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

Then the fall from Bri's slumber spell actually killed the creature.


Evil GM

Astri you have the only boarding line up, the one that the captain threw was pulled out of his hand by the gravity pull. visually the end of the rope is probably handing in the air about 15 feet over the deck.

Astri successfully fires her grappling line between the wind wall and the GE.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Got it. Lol, Chell that gravity elemental is amusing.

The bard pulls hard on the line to make sure it's secure. She stops a moment to stare at the rope hanging above the deck of the galley, before shaking her head. "Chell, I think you need to move your elemental! Sorrin, you going up first?"


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Nothing's "happening" to the Vintage, there is something... in the water. Something big.

The would-be pirate drops bow and blade. Grabbing hold of the line, Sorrin attempts to gain the deck of the larger vessel.

Climb: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 6 - 2 = 21


Female Elf Expert 1/Fighter 6 (Hp:54/54) //AC: 19/15/15//F+6 R+7 W+6//Init +4, Perception +11/

@L24 again, rapid shot. 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 attack and 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 damage
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26 attack and 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 damage

Cireladwen continues to stand her ground and shoot pointed objects, grimacing.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Cir is a freakin' pointy-eared machine gun!


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Since the stone-inducing bird is dead, Torgue stashes his club(move) and grabs his bow from the floor (move)

There another rope and grapple here?


Evil GM

Sorrin are you single or double moving?


Evil GM

Chell - you posted your elemental's move last night. Where do you plan on putting it? I'm somewhat confused by your previous post. It it is at the top of the mast for the galley it's not threatening anything at that height. It's a single mast ship.

Prior Post


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

asap, so double. two hands to climb. AC +4 to any AoO due to moving through threatened squares, Mobility.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Round 9

Astrianna gives Sorrin a boost as he begins to climb the rope. "In the water? Piss, do you think it's another one of Bonegnaw's pets?"

She looks at Torgue. "I only have one grappling arrow, you'll have to go up after Sorrin and clear that galley with him!"


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Move him to L28. Thought crush was ranged for a moment.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Evil GM

RD 9 Update

Save to reduce damage by half:
fort K27: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

fort K28: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Both reduce damage buy half.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Did we get any view of what was in the water?

and why are people climbing up?


Sorrin scramble up the rope at double speed and get to the rail. Smuggler doesn't ahve melee weapon in hand and does not have feat that would permit an AOO.


Evil GM
Embrianna wrote:

Did we get any view of what was in the water?

and why are people climbing up?

No view because it's coming form where the fog cloud was put down. You feel something large making the water wake.

Aye...cuz its boardin' time.

FYI when the GE moves on the rope that the captain threw up flops back down. There a 50% and lower the grappling hook came undone though.

50%: 1d100 ⇒ 47

There is a splash in the water as the grappling hook falls into the water.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

We're getting onto the galley to A)Take out the smugglers on board B) Have a more defensible position against the crossbow smugglers on the beach and C) Avoid the thing in the water which may or may not attack the Vintage


Evil GM

RD 9 update update

Astri - grappling bolt
Bri - slumbered the cocktrice
Torgue - bashed the cockatrice
Archers - dead
Sorrin - double moved up the rope
Chell - spell moment of greatness, GE eventually moves.
Capt/jenkie -
Smugglers/chimera - shot arrows that fizzle in the water
Cireladwen - hit for 6 HP
galley crew -
land crew -

Captain and Jenkie each draw weapons and prepare to defend the Vintage.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Join me and live. Please... Sorrin is genuinely hopeful.

As Sorrin gains the deck as part of his move, can he draw a scimitar?


Evil GM
Sorrin the Wayward wrote:

Join me and live. Please... Sorrin is genuinely hopeful.

As Sorrin gains the deck as part of his move, can he draw a scimitar?

Next round


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Ok, was just hoping I hadn't missed a post about our ship sinking or something. :)

Bri will take her turn at the rope on her next turn. Unless the underwater beastie does something.


Evil GM

RD 9: Galley crew

the archer near Sorrin takes a five foot step and shoots at him, followed by droping his bow and drawing a sword.

bow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20;dam: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

If you can make an unarmed attack of opportunity you can take it.

The two enforcers advance towards sorrin, the first one drops his bow and draws steel to hit,

rapier: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33;damage, ws, wt: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

The second enforcer follows and shots and arrow at Chell,

bow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14;dam: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

confirm Crit on sorrin:

rapier: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30;damage, ws, wt: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

"I Give Up...Pretty Please." He sardonically replies to the boarder.


Evil GM

RD 9 land crew

They don't fire since all their arrows where deflected.

RD 9 Underwater

As dark shadow approaches the Vintage.

Everyone but Sorrin and Cir can make a perception check and make know dungeoneering in case you see it approach.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Baldwin, is the grappling hook that splooshed into the water due to the interference of the gravity elemental retrievable at all? Are there any other available grappling hooks for boarding?


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Take 10 Knowledge: Dungeoneering 10 +8 = 18


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 The sail flaps in Torgue's face.


Evil GM

RD 10

Astri -
Bri -
Torgue -
Archers - dead
Sorrin -
Chell -
Capt/jenkie -
Smugglers/chimera -
Cireladwen -
galley crew -
land crew -
Underwater friend -

RD 10 Map


Evil GM
Astrianna Sparacello wrote:
Baldwin, is the grappling hook that splooshed into the water due to the interference of the gravity elemental retrievable at all? Are there any other available grappling hooks for boarding?

Correct it is the hook the capt threw but the GE basically lifted it out of place. You can see another line with hook at the bow of the boat.


Evil GM

Torgue the sails flaps in your face but Astri sees it well enough.

anyone with perception 14 and higher sees it/

Knowledge (dungeoneering)

DC Result 17:
This amphibious creature is a chuul. This result reveals all aberration traits.

DC 22:
A chuul fights primarily with its two large, powerful pincers. However, it can also paralyze victims with its tentacles. Despite their amphibious nature, chuuls prefer to stay on land or in shallow water during combat.

DC 27:
Although unable to use many items, chuuls enjoy taking trophies from their kills, particularly lizardfolk, so they take victims’ equipment back to their lairs. If a victim should happen to own no interesting items, a chuul will take its skull or other symbol of the kill.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Lol. "Underwater friend." Bri, Torgue. Astri is going to attempt to get another grapple in place on her turn, then you two can get up there and assist Sorrin while we probably get eaten by the...

Round 10

Astrianna catches a fleeting glimpse of the aberration skulking in the water, and she is immediately taken aback by the presence of another legitimate monster of storybook quality. In the past minute the bard has witnessed a Chimera, a few Cockatrice, and a Chuul for the first time. A background thought briefly diffuses through her adrenaline-soaked brain. All of those drawings I witnessed in the estate's study were quite good, really.

She rushes for the remaining grapple at the front of the boat while shouting to the others. "There's a damned Chuul in the water! " She gestures wildly while uncoiling the rope. "Chuul, it's a... a... Big, pinchy lobster-man thing! They're grotesque, other-wordly even. Lamashtu, you b$$*! of a goddess, I've seen enough of your children today!" The bard rants momentarily, finally working the coils out with her free hand.

"We need to get on the galley, I fear that Chuul could flip the Vintage, and if it's another one of Bonegnaw's pets it just might." She glances at the dead Cockatrice in the water, briefly hoping it will be distracted by the easy pickings.

She twirls the grappling hook in a low underhand and lets out a grunt of exertion, loosing it at the edge of the ship. "Go! Up! Now! Help Sorrin! Do not fall into the water."

Move action: Retrieve grappling hook

Standard Action: Toss grappling hook

Grappling hook toss, improvised thrown weapon?: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 5 - 4 = 15


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Do I still need to make the perception check with Astri yelling out what is there?


Evil GM

The Gravity elemental does get an AOO since the enforcer moved out of the threatened square.


Evil GM
Embrianna wrote:
Do I still need to make the perception check with Astri yelling out what is there?

Nope your fine now unless you want to see it, then you have to make the perception check.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Want a climb or jump check of some kind to onto the other boat?


Evil GM

Climb check to get on the other ship...its a double move action to reach the top in one round.


Evil GM

Astri tosses the second grappling hook on to the galley, so now there is one near the bow and one mid-ship.


Evil GM

The captain yells, "Git yer arses up...up, you too Jenkie. Damn you Sorrin, I want a raise." He spares a glance up to the galley then comments, "Don't you die either, you still owe me some coin."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Remember when we first started and Embri almost fell into the water as we escaped the Sea Bear and would have been eaten by evil sharks? Ah, good times.

Round 10

Astrianna laughs at the captain, pulling the rope tight as it securely latches onto the side. "You and Jenkie will get a loin's share of the spoils Captain, you've more than earned it today!"


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

climb check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


Evil GM

"Basterd wanted me to stay safely offshore...I ACCEPT!" He yells. "I'm last off this ship so stop dally around princess."


Evil GM
Embrianna wrote:

[dice=climb check]1d20+4

Bri manages to crawl up and over the deck rail and she is under the GE, however she does get up next to a man with bow still in his hand, so no AOO on her.

Updated RD 10 Map

The tonek with the blue circle is a smuggler who is slumbering. There is an unopened cockatrice cage near him the bird is squawking.


Evil GM

RD 10

Astri - grappled ship
Bri - climbed on galley
Torgue -
Archers - dead
Sorrin -
Chell -
Capt/jenkie -
Smugglers/chimera -
Cireladwen -
galley crew -
land crew -
Underwater friend -


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin is empty handed as the rapier slides out of his shoulder. He manages a smile with some effort.

Nice blade work, if a bit unsportsmanlike. I'm unarmed!


"Never come t'a boardin' party empty handed y'fool. I'm not paid ta be fair, I'm paid to kill."


Female Elf Expert 1/Fighter 6 (Hp:54/54) //AC: 19/15/15//F+6 R+7 W+6//Init +4, Perception +11/

Attack:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21 on L24, rapid shot. Damage:1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Attack:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26 on L24, rapid shot. Damage:1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Cireladwen considers a stupi idea briefly, but continues firing.

5,551 to 5,600 of 14,076 << first < prev | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.