Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


OPC Log—5 Kuthona 4716

Monday, December 5, 2016

Over the past few months, I processed quite a few Venture-Lieutenant to Venture-Captain promotions, as well as some shifts in geographical location. In some cases, we created new regions, in others just changed titles to better reflect the region each volunteer covered. One Venture-Captain is currently listed "At Large" as he is in the middle of moving to the United States and we didn't want to ask him to step down before we knew where he was landing. As so many shifts occurred, I thought I would take a moment and post them here.

Moves in the VC team...

Nikolaus Beattie—Sydney, Australia
Markus Hyytinen—Finland
Alexander Lenz—Rhein-Main South, Germany
Harald Schlang—Cologne, Germany
Nils Janson—Rhein-Main, Germany
Sebastian Hirsch—Aschaffenburg-Wurzburg, Germany
Harmeshver Singh —Malaysia, Malaysia
Mario Grande de Prado—Leon, Spain
Andrew Staples—Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Alistair Rigg—San Francisco Bay Area North, United States
David Santana—Nassau County, United States
Jack Brown—Minnesota West, United States
Keith Apperson—Minnesota North, United States
Kelly Brummond—Kansas City, United States
Luke Poeschl—Iowa City, United States
Michael Kirk—Oklahoma City, United States
Michael Labny—At Large, United States
Rigby Bendele—Richmond West, United States
Stephen Wight—Knoxville, United States
Tiffany Henneburger—Athens, United States
Todd Mackall—Chattanooga, United States
Troy Schnack—Quad Cities, United States

With 2016 coming to a close, we would like to say thank you to all the volunteers that helped organize games, plan conventions, and spread the love of the Pathfinder Society and games in general. Without you, we would not have such a thriving community. To those continuing to volunteer, I look forward to working with you. For those that stepped back from their positions during 2016, we appreciate your efforts and energies. May you find some time to roll dice and play as the new year turns.

5 Star GMs

Fortunately for players across the world, our GM team keeps busy running games in venues everywhere. This month, five more individuals achieved their fifth star by running 150 games, including 10 special events, and running an observation game for a Venture-Captain. Thank you to these individuals for donating such a large amount of time to our hobby. We are much richer for all the gifts you bring to the table!

Brandi Green
Marcel de Groot
Sebastian Hirsch
Reyn LeBeau
Tim Watkins

2017 Conventions

Though we haven't wrapped 2016, we've already started working on the 2017 conventions. Heck, we started working on some aspects before the conventions completely wrapped, but now preparation speed moves up a notch. The PFS team submitted a tentative travel schedule and now must wait for it to work through the approval process. We've looked at the scenario schedule and started thinking about our special events.

One of the most important parts of convention planning is getting a team of leads and sub-leads in place that work well together, as we will spend quite a bit of time working together to make the convention a success. I've reached out to prior year leads for Gen Con, PaizoCon, and PAX West to confirm who is returning, but I am also looking to add to the teams for each of the convention. There is at least one lead position available at each convention, as well as a few sub-leads.

So, if you are interested in being a lead or sub-lead for Gen Con, PaizoCon, or PAX Prime, please send an email to tonya.woldridge@paizo.com with the subject line "Application—Convention Name." I've included questions in the spoiler. All emails need to be received by December 31, 2016 at 8:00 PM Pacific time. All emails will get an email acknowledging receipt. Potential lead/sub-lead candidates will be contacted the first week of January to arrange a group call with the leads of the convention they applied for. Decisions on who gets the positions will be made and announced by mid-January.

Spoiler

Name:
Paizo.com email:
Convention(s) you're applying for:

Do you want a lead or sub-lead position? If sub-lead, what is your preferred area of focus?
Have you attended the convention you are applying for?
Do you have enough vacation, if needed, to arrive a day early or leave a day late to help with setup?

What is the largest convention you have attended?
List two things you liked about the convention:
List two things you would change:

What is the largest convention presence you were responsible for as lead organizer?
What programs have you planned at your conventions (IE: PFSRPG, PFSACG, Kid's Track?)
List two things you did well:
List two things you wish you could do differently:

How many hours a week can you donate to planning activities?
What is your preferred method of correspondence?
What hours are you usually available to chat?

Describe skills and interests that would assist your leading a convention:
Describe one time you had to resolve a conflict between volunteers:

Tell me three things I don't already know about you:

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or non)?
What is your favorite treat?

Tell me anything else you think I should take into account with your application:

For those interested in volunteering as GMs or HQ staff for Gen Con, PaizoCon, PAX West, the calls will go out mid-January once the lead & sub-lead positions are filled. Keep an eye out in the January blogs for more information.

Until next time—Explore, Report, Cooperate!

Tonya Woldridge
Organized Play Coordinator

More Paizo Blog.
Tags: Community Conventions Pathfinder Society
* Contributor

Congratulations to the new 5-stars, and thanks to all who volunteer.

** Contributor

Mike Labny is the friend of a friend, for whom "At Large" seems like the appropriate designation. :-)

Congrats to Mike and all!

Scarab Sages ***** Venture-Captain, Washington—Spokane

Congratulations to all the new 5 star GMs and to the new Venture-Captains.

Silver Crusade ***** Venture-Captain, Indiana—Bloomington aka CanisDirus

Congratulations Reyn! SO well deserved! You are a cornerstone of our lodge and are one of the main reasons I love being a VO here!

Congratulations to all the new VCs and 5 Star GMs as well!

Liberty's Edge ***** Venture-Captain, Virginia—Richmond West aka Slothsy

Congratulations to all the new 5-Star GMs! It's a lot of work to get to that point, and you deserve every ounce of pride and recognition.

Grand Lodge *** Venture-Lieutenant, Online aka Hmm

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!

Congratulations to the brand new Minnesota VCs, Keith and Jack!

Also, congratulations to Nik Beattie. Shifty, you're not a Venture Nothing anymore!

Hmm

Dark Archive *****

5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Jack and Keith,

I can think of no one better to hand off our lovely region. I am positive both of you will continue the growth and traditions we here in the Northstar state created.

Congratulations! May your mugs be ever full, your dice always got, and the laughter of good friends fill your gaming halls.

Aloha.

Shadow Lodge ****

Congrats to the new MN VCs.

Grand Lodge *** Venture-Lieutenant, Online aka Hmm

Rigby Bendele wrote:
Congratulations to all the new 5-Star GMs! It's a lot of work to get to that point, and you deserve every ounce of pride and recognition.

Hey, congrats to you too, Rigby!!!

Hmm

***** Venture-Lieutenant, Illinois—Chicago aka thunderspirit

3 people marked this as a favorite.

Yay, Venture-Captains!
Yay, 5-stars!

:-)

Liberty's Edge ***** Venture-Captain, Maryland— Baltimore aka Qstor

Congrats to all!

*****

1 person marked this as a favorite.

...it all happened so fast...!

Grand Lodge *** Venture-Lieutenant, Online aka Hmm

Like a ninja using stealth, that title ambushed you with a great big sneak attack.

:)

Hmm

Dark Archive ***** Venture-Captain, Massachusetts—North Shore aka LackofFocus

Congrats Everyone

Scarab Sages *****

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Leg o' Lamb wrote:

Jack and Keith,

I can think of no one better to hand off our lovely region. I am positive both of you will continue the growth and traditions we here in the Northstar state created.

Congratulations! May your mugs be ever full, your dice always got, and the laughter of good friends fill your gaming halls.

Aloha.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Congrats and I know you'll do MN proud.

Silver Crusade **** Venture-Captain, California—San Francisco Bay Area South & West aka Wendy-Ann

1 person marked this as a favorite.

We are ready to welcome you to the SF Bay Area Alistair, and look forward to working with you.

***** Venture-Captain, Iowa—Tri-Cities

Congrats to the all the new VCs!

* Venture-Agent, California—San Francisco Bay Area North & East

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Welcome to the Bay Area, Alistair!

Scarab Sages **** Venture-Agent, Netherlands—Utrecht aka Woran

Congratulations to all the five star GMs. But especially Sebastian! You go guy!

Lantern Lodge ****

Grats to Jack and Keith! Now Jack has the title to match the mutton chops!

****

Jakuri wrote:
Grats to Jack and Keith! Now Jack has the title to match the mutton chops!

The big question is if we have pictures floating around with him sporting the Ambrus Valsin.

Congrats all!

Dark Archive ***** Venture-Captain, Minnesota—Minneapolis aka Silbeg

Serisan wrote:
Jakuri wrote:
Grats to Jack and Keith! Now Jack has the title to match the mutton chops!

The big question is if we have pictures floating around with him sporting the Ambrus Valsin.

Congrats all!

I have pictures, and that is all that matters.

But, yes, the SkålCon pics should have me in the "Valsin"

Scarab Sages ***** Venture-Agent, United Kingdom—England—Thames Valley aka chris manning

congrats to the new 5 stars, especially Marcel

The Exchange *****

Officer Serpico reads the latest issue of the Hotspur Daily. Sipping his coffee and nibbling at his donut, he gets to the section listing the recent promotions for Absalom's Finest.

"Sweet Mercy! Bollywood got a promotion! He better bring cigars and whiskey the next time he comes around. I mean, even Rico knew enough to supply us with fat rolled Katapesh's and Rikki knew to bring the libations."

Glad to see you join the force again, Al.

****

Jack Brown wrote:
Serisan wrote:
Jakuri wrote:
Grats to Jack and Keith! Now Jack has the title to match the mutton chops!

The big question is if we have pictures floating around with him sporting the Ambrus Valsin.

Congrats all!

I have pictures, and that is all that matters.

But, yes, the SkålCon pics should have me in the "Valsin"

The only one on MeetUp that I could find doesn't have the close-up, though.

Dark Archive *****

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Serisan wrote:
Jack Brown wrote:
Serisan wrote:
Jakuri wrote:
Grats to Jack and Keith! Now Jack has the title to match the mutton chops!

The big question is if we have pictures floating around with him sporting the Ambrus Valsin.

Congrats all!

I have pictures, and that is all that matters.

But, yes, the SkålCon pics should have me in the "Valsin"

The only one on MeetUp that I could find doesn't have the close-up, though.

Ever think that might be a good thing? I mean, c'mon, just look at that glorious specimen to Jack's left.

Grand Lodge ****

Dicky Serpico wrote:

Officer Serpico reads the latest issue of the Hotspur Daily. Sipping his coffee and nibbling at his donut, he gets to the section listing the recent promotions for Absalom's Finest.

"Sweet Mercy! Bollywood got a promotion! He better bring cigars and whiskey the next time he comes around. I mean, even Rico knew enough to supply us with fat rolled Katapesh's and Rikki knew to bring the libations."

Glad to see you join the force again, Al.

"It's like i was telling young Rico over 'der Dicky, No good deed goes unpunished. Ain't no thing like a promotion! We gotta rebuild the bar to properly host our good friend Al and drink to his good mis-fortune!"

The Exchange *****

Detective Dixon Hill wrote:
Dicky Serpico wrote:

Officer Serpico reads the latest issue of the Hotspur Daily. Sipping his coffee and nibbling at his donut, he gets to the section listing the recent promotions for Absalom's Finest.

"Sweet Mercy! Bollywood got a promotion! He better bring cigars and whiskey the next time he comes around. I mean, even Rico knew enough to supply us with fat rolled Katapesh's and Rikki knew to bring the libations."

Glad to see you join the force again, Al.

"It's like i was telling young Rico over 'der Dicky, No good deed goes unpunished. Ain't no thing like a promotion! We gotta rebuild the bar to properly host our good friend Al and drink to his good mis-fortune!"

"I do have my eye on this place in the Petal District. Real classy like. Thinking maybe it's time to get back in the game. I'm tired of serving drinks at Lucius's Love Laboratory."

Grand Lodge ***** Venture-Captain, Virginia—Richmond East

Welcome to team Red Shirt all those new VCs! Most notably, congrats to that Rigby person!

Dark Archive *****

Dicky Serpico wrote:
Detective Dixon Hill wrote:
Dicky Serpico wrote:

Officer Serpico reads the latest issue of the Hotspur Daily. Sipping his coffee and nibbling at his donut, he gets to the section listing the recent promotions for Absalom's Finest.

"Sweet Mercy! Bollywood got a promotion! He better bring cigars and whiskey the next time he comes around. I mean, even Rico knew enough to supply us with fat rolled Katapesh's and Rikki knew to bring the libations."

Glad to see you join the force again, Al.

"It's like i was telling young Rico over 'der Dicky, No good deed goes unpunished. Ain't no thing like a promotion! We gotta rebuild the bar to properly host our good friend Al and drink to his good mis-fortune!"
"I do have my eye on this place in the Petal District. Real classy like. Thinking maybe it's time to get back in the game. I'm tired of serving drinks at Lucius's Love Laboratory."

"Now, Dicky, baby. You ain't never complained about the side action my ladies threw your way. And the special drinks I have you make for our 'special' customers? Amazing! You wanna keep serving here, you gots yourself a lifetime gig. And you know I always make my proper donation to the 'Policemen's Retirement Funds'" Lucius says, as he has a couple of fine Vudrani ladies on his arms. "And tell Bollywood he's always got a place at Luscious Lucius's Love Laboratory!

"Now, where has Ri'chard's mom gone off to? We were just talkin' about a business opportunity..."

*****

"You really want to discuss your proposed business opportunity in public?

I realize that among my businesses I run an animal husbandry service, but I'm not sure why you want everybody to know that you wanted to...ahem...assist. Even after I explained to you that there are laws against what you were proposing, you excitedly claiming, "It's okay, I'm an animal too" still doesn't sit well with me.

You and Dicky, constantly wanting to get it on with the cattle. I swear there's something wrong with the both of you."

The Exchange *****

"I was just commenting datcha utters got some sway to them is all."

*****

Dicky. You were pointing to a steer."

The Exchange *****

"Yeah it will steer the ladies around a bit."

***** Venture-Captain, Australia—ACT—Canberra aka powell01

Congratulations to all, and thanks to Al Rigg for his work in Sydney.

Dark Archive *****

Congratulations All!

Silver Crusade ***** Venture-Captain, Germany—Aschaffenburg-Würzburg

Congratulations to all the new 5 star GMs, and those new Captains likely know for how much extra work they (and me ) have signed up for ^^

Sovereign Court ** Venture-Lieutenant, California—San Francisco Bay Area South & West aka Yasumoto

Excited to have you join us in San Francisco, Alistair! Looking forward to meeting you in person!

Dark Archive ***** Venture-Captain, Germany—Rhein Main South aka schattenstern

Congratulations to all the others mentioned in the blog.

Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo / Organized Play / Pathfinder Society® / Roleplaying Guild / General Discussion / Paizo Blog: OPC Log—5 Kuthona 4716 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!


©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.