Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Xaaon's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Xaaon of Xen'Drik

Curse of the Crimson Throne AP


2,851 to 2,900 of 3,470 << first < prev | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | next > last >>

HP: 43/43, Init: +2, AC: 20:14:17, CMD: 18 Saves: 5:9:4 +2Enchant Skills: Acro: +10, Bluff: +12 +2 vs Male Dip: +15 +2vs Male, Per +13, Sense +11, Stealth, +11

"I hope you all don't make a mess, and NO Bar Brawls.
You break it you bought it.
Now that said, Enjoy."


HP 6/22

Nik'o smiles at Pai's openness. Plus she had never heard of the Ratcatchers and wondered what they were about.


CotCT GameMaestro

"Ah, Boys told you we'd find one t'drink at, first round is on me!"

They march in with a giant humanoid looking rat head on a spear...luckily it isn't dripping blood any more.


HP 6/22

Looking at the grisly totem, Nik'o asks to the Ratcatchers: "Must be tough work! How do you all make a living? I mean, do you catch them often? And then, how do you turn this into coin?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"Iffen they finds a willin cleric tha same head could be used o'er an o'er."


HP: 43/43, Init: +2, AC: 20:14:17, CMD: 18 Saves: 5:9:4 +2Enchant Skills: Acro: +10, Bluff: +12 +2 vs Male Dip: +15 +2vs Male, Per +13, Sense +11, Stealth, +11

"Just make sure that it does not bleed on to the floor,
The floor was cleaned only a few hours ago,
And I don't want to have to clean it again."

After a few drinks are passed out

"No touching the Barmaids, inappropriately as we do have the
"You grab, You pay." policy, and "pay" has many different meanings here.
And when pay refers to this policy, it's next to always bad for the grabber."


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

Donagar wipes foam from his beard the stoneplate grinding as he moves....

"Grab an get grabbed, em girls got important brew tah distribute!"


CotCT GameMaestro

"Rat Catching is a trade which pays little, and be holden many dangers clear'n rats from the sewers, that be how we knew when this plague struck, that them ratmen musten be b'hind it. So when we caught this'n senak'n around, we grabbed it, and Bors cut 'is 'ead off with a silver axe. Another group went back down to get s'more!"


HP 6/22

Nik'o beams a smile at the ratcatcher, obviously interested by his tale: "That's fascinating! But how exactly did you know the plague had struck and that ratmen where behind it?"


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"An wheres one wit little pay gets a silver axe?"


CotCT GameMaestro

"It's ob'veeos ain't it, them ratmen is vile disease riden mongrels, surely ain't no coincidence, the plague breaking out, and see'n them skulking in the alleyways, spread'n their filth."

"The silver axe came from Josephonn's pappy, he been kill'n rats since afore any of us wuz born."


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"An heirloom is it, made by a dwarf I'd wager only has tah be fer yah to be handin it down for generations."


HP 6/22

Nik'o looks at the others, not convinced that there is a relationship between the plague and the wererats.


Male Human Fighter (Phalanx Soldier) L6 | AC26 (T12FF25) CMD27 | hp 49/58 | Saves: F9 R4 W4 | Percep +0 | Init: +1

Drakus leans back in a chair with a tankard of decent ale, watching the peoples antics. Always pays to rest when you can. Duty WILL call.


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"Bring some food tha sight o tha rat head makes me hungry."


Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 6

"Oi know, best part of catch'n these rats is gett'n to ignore their pleas o'innocence!!"

What's the plan with these guys?


Male Human Fighter (Phalanx Soldier) L6 | AC26 (T12FF25) CMD27 | hp 49/58 | Saves: F9 R4 W4 | Percep +0 | Init: +1

Drakus glances curiously at the Rat Hunters, then leans in to mutter to the others.
"Ya got an idea Princess? Seems ta me we got bigger things ta fry than helpin' those hobos stick a few rats. Like findin' the source o' them coins. Or did I miss somethin'?"


HP 6/22

Nik'o nods to Drakus, perplexed: "From what I can tell, the ratmen don't seem like the source of the plague, though they could be one of the reasons it spreads so fast... Kind of like those vampires, dumb brutes, no masterminds, but good for spreading. It might be worth investigating, but it might very well be a loose end. In any case, it would perhaps help slowing the spread of the plague..."


Male 'Human' Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 48/50; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

Gregor, looking wan and out of energy, has just been sitting and listening to all the hubub while he nurses an ale. At Nik'os breakdown of what she's thinking, he agrees, "No, Nik'O, you may be on the right track. They may not be the main force behind it, but employing intelligent rat people to spread a disease would be a crafty move. Maybe there is a way we could interrogate them."

He turns to the ratcatchers, "Do you know where we, members of the Korvosan Guard, could find a lead to speak with these ratmen?"


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"In good time, tomorrow, but tonight we drink!"


HP: 43/43, Init: +2, AC: 20:14:17, CMD: 18 Saves: 5:9:4 +2Enchant Skills: Acro: +10, Bluff: +12 +2 vs Male Dip: +15 +2vs Male, Per +13, Sense +11, Stealth, +11

she jokingly adds
"That sounds like a good idea as you might need the day to deal with the hangover."


CotCT GameMaestro

Sorry for some reason Marra's avatar popped up, but that was supposed to be the NPCs talking LOL...derp Anyone else working on their RPG Superstar items? Year 6 of entering.


Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 6

2d10 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (8, 9) + 7 + 2 = 26 Kn: Dungeoneering. (That should have been the roll versus the vampires...)

"I don't know, were-rats can be dangerous, but this really isn't what they do, scavengers and thieves, yes, but plague bringers, that would be more in line with the derro we fought before. That silver axe is probably the only reason they were able to kill it."


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

No not even looked into it.....


CotCT GameMaestro

I've been close with a couple entries. had 1 keep on two separate entries.


HP 6/22

"Ok, let's trace those coins back then! Where to start though..."

I can never find the time to get into the RPG Superstar...


HP: 43/43, Init: +2, AC: 20:14:17, CMD: 18 Saves: 5:9:4 +2Enchant Skills: Acro: +10, Bluff: +12 +2 vs Male Dip: +15 +2vs Male, Per +13, Sense +11, Stealth, +11

I want to get into the RPG superstar, but distractions keep popping up.

"Alright, who ordered the bottle of Black Jack?"


CotCT GameMaestro

Well I switched ideas at the last minute and rewrote the entire entry. I'd tell you to vote for me, but that would break the rules. heh

So, what's the plan with these guys, just going to drink with them and that's it?


Male Human Fighter (Phalanx Soldier) L6 | AC26 (T12FF25) CMD27 | hp 49/58 | Saves: F9 R4 W4 | Percep +0 | Init: +1

Drakus looks over the vigilantes with his soldiers professional eye, wondering if they stand a chance out in the field with a real enemy/monster.
Profession: Soldier: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"Iffen yah wants us tah look intah it yah ken show us tha way o tings tomorrow."


HP 6/22

I tried to get things one direction or another, but what next? The coins or the ratmen? Nik'o offered the ratmen, then got convinced to go after the coins...


Male 'Human' Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 48/50; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

I had asked the catchers a question in my last post.


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

Donagar begins to feel the effects of the drink.....

"Wha we needs is tha fickle hand o fate tah show us tha course, let's take these here me tah tha field commander an let her decide which ways what."


CotCT GameMaestro
Gregor Ward wrote:

Gregor, looking wan and out of energy, has just been sitting and listening to all the hubub while he nurses an ale. At Nik'os breakdown of what she's thinking, he agrees, "No, Nik'O, you may be on the right track. They may not be the main force behind it, but employing intelligent rat people to spread a disease would be a crafty move. Maybe there is a way we could interrogate them."

He turns to the ratcatchers, "Do you know where we, members of the Korvosan Guard, could find a lead to speak with these ratmen?"

Sorry somehow I completely overlooked that post...wow...

"Sewers, but if'n me pallies get t'em first, we gunna slaughter'em all...just rats they is."


HP 6/22

They're not talking about wererats it seems, just folks who live in the sewers... But those see lots.

"I'm full. Thanks! Now we would like to speak with these ratmen. Before you get to them. Could it be worked out?" she smiles and slides a gold piece on the table.


Male 'Human' Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 48/50; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

Gregor tries to add a little assistance to the influence Nik'o is trying to garner. Seriously, one gold, his words will have to do wonders. "I'm sure that if we received information by speaking with the ratmen, that would aid the defense of the city itself. The Korvosan Guard just may be able to find a way to compensate you hard-working, truly powerful, gentlemen."

Diplomacy 2d10 + 12 ⇒ (1, 10) + 12 = 23


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"How bout if one o yah gets tha plague, o any other disease I'll cast a remove disease spell free o charge."


CotCT GameMaestro

Hope everyone's having a great holiday! I've been off of work, but man have we been busy.

Oh y'wants us t'lead ye t'them? Or you want'n us t'bring 'em 'ere?


HP: 43/43, Init: +2, AC: 20:14:17, CMD: 18 Saves: 5:9:4 +2Enchant Skills: Acro: +10, Bluff: +12 +2 vs Male Dip: +15 +2vs Male, Per +13, Sense +11, Stealth, +11

from inside the kitchen you hear
"Hey, don't bring the rats into the Bar."

If one of you says, "How does she bloody do it?" I'll be laughing due to The Muppet Treasure Island reference


HP 6/22

"Yes, best we go to them. Shall we go on the morrow? Meet here at dawn?"


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"Sure invite em in fer a drink an vampires while yer at it"


CotCT GameMaestro

"Oi, yeh, the hunters should be back by th'morn'n"


Male Human Fighter (Phalanx Soldier) L6 | AC26 (T12FF25) CMD27 | hp 49/58 | Saves: F9 R4 W4 | Percep +0 | Init: +1

"Right then." Sgt. Drakus drained his tankard and stood up.
"Let's sleep at Zellaras old place and come back in the morning. I don't think we can do anything more until then."
He picks up his shield and bardiche and readies to depart.


HP 6/22

Nik'o prefers to return home for the night. Once there, she spends some time cleaning the Lady Ashax Cafe, as most tables have been left as they were by her exhausted mother. She reflects on the whole situation in the city and her family's dismal situation. For a moment, she's about to break, but instead, she starts and whistle a Chelaxian song her mother sang to her as a kid. It brought hope to her heart, for she knew her small band of companion could make a difference in these troubled times.

She rises early and walks to the rendez-vous.


HP: 43/43, Init: +2, AC: 20:14:17, CMD: 18 Saves: 5:9:4 +2Enchant Skills: Acro: +10, Bluff: +12 +2 vs Male Dip: +15 +2vs Male, Per +13, Sense +11, Stealth, +11

Mai sleeps at home for the night and rises early enough to do her exercises and have a breakfast before heading to the meeting place.


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

Donagar went to sleep in a sturdy chair in front of the fire at the bar, exactly when he passed into slumber is impossible to know since his eyes remained slightly open through out the night.

He is awakened by the barmaid cleaning up the floors....

Orders a drink and then heads for the meeting place.


CotCT GameMaestro

A night of fitful rest is had, each of you has dreams which border on night terrors. Images of a rising darkness, dead innocents, and a city in flames.

Donagar:
You have visions of soured beer and a joyless Cayden.

Drakus:
You have visions of Field Marshall Croft's citadel gutted by flame.

Gregor:
You have visions of your leadership failures, ending in the death of hundreds

During the meeting, you find that 4 of the hunters died, while 12 wererats were slaughtered including some young rats, striking just before dawn as they went to sleep.


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"Never ever goes tah sleep lookin intah tha fire, yer sure tah have bad dreams an glimpses o tha unnerworld!"

Looks over the wererats,
...."So what kills em?"


HP 6/22

Am I missing something? Who is alive at the meeting?


HP: 43/43, Init: +2, AC: 20:14:17, CMD: 18 Saves: 5:9:4 +2Enchant Skills: Acro: +10, Bluff: +12 +2 vs Male Dip: +15 +2vs Male, Per +13, Sense +11, Stealth, +11

Same here

2,851 to 2,900 of 3,470 << first < prev | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Xaaon's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Act III All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.