Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris

Game Master Chris Shannon 719

This will be the Shackled City adventure path using the Pathfinder rule set. However, the existing deities (i.e. St. Cuthbert, Pelor, Wee Jas) will not be converted to similar Golarion gods.


13,501 to 13,549 of 13,549 << first < prev | 261 | 262 | 263 | 264 | 265 | 266 | 267 | 268 | 269 | 270 | 271 | next > last >>

M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Fort DC19: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (10) + 25 = 35
Fort DC19: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (1) + 25 = 26

Yay two 1's within three rolls!

Glimmil shudders as the two rays fire into him.

"Oh, Great Garl, NO!"

17 damage from the first. 89 damage from the second for a total of 106 damage if I have that right.

Glimmil recoils and curls up as he feels very cold and very hot in tandem. Eventually he is flung backwards where he lays on his back, whites of his eyes staring at the ceiling, blinking from behind an ashy grey face.

"Is this heaven? Garl, is that you?"


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Atol immediately steps up and provides some minor healing to Glimmil. He holds out his wand for further healing.
CLW Touch: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Glimmil - use all the charges you need to and I'll track 'em.


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Glimmil will consume some lay on hands, just so we don't need to burn a ton of wand charges.

Lay Hands: 8d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 4, 2, 3, 6, 5, 4) = 35
Lay Hands: 8d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 2, 6, 4, 6, 2, 4) = 27
Lay Hands: 8d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 3, 1, 5, 5, 5, 6) = 29

That's 95 of the 106 healed with Atol's touch.

Cure Light wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Cure Light wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

And that's Glimmil back to full with 2 wand charges.

Glimmil's wounds begin to knit up with Garl's guidance, and he dusts himself off and stands back up. Cog rushes over, concerned about his master, while Glimmil blushes and sheepishly admits that he chose the wrong spoon for the job.

"I think it's safe now..."

To prove his theory, Glimmil opens the door.


Glimmil approaches without his spoons humming and...

ranged touch: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
damage: 26d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 2, 5, 2, 6, 6, 2, 2, 4, 5, 2, 6, 1, 1, 4, 2, 5, 6, 6, 3, 5, 2, 4, 1, 1) = 90 DC 19 FORT save for only the first 5d6
ranged touch: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
damage: 26d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 2, 1, 5, 5, 6, 2, 1, 5, 2, 5, 3, 4, 6, 4, 1, 1, 1, 6, 2, 2, 1, 4, 3, 3) = 81 DC 19 FORT save for only the first 5d6

Two rays go zipping by him.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Toffitt grimaces a bit on Glim's behalf. "I don't suppose the rest of us could just teleport through...?"


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

The first misses (it's a 1)

Fort DC19 Don't Roll A 1: 1d20 ⇒ 7

1+5+2+1+5=14 damage

Glimmil leaps out of his shoes as two more beams shoot at him before his eyes widen several steps.

"Holy Golden Flibwiggets!"

Glimmil removes his hat, straightens his hair and looks at the door again.

"Really? Really door?"

Procuring his spoons, he sets back to work to open the portal for everyone else (after a couple wand taps heal 13 of that 14).

CLW Wand (2 charges): 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (8, 3) + 2 = 13

Glimmil shrugs off his armor, frustrated that it's getting in the way of his resonating spoons (and thus improving his skill check). He holds his arms out for all those nearby to help him accomplish the undressing quickly.

Disable: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (10) + 28 = 38

In case that fails by 5 or less...

Further Attempts:

Disable: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (11) + 28 = 39

In case that fails by 5 or less...

Disable: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (11) + 28 = 39

In case that fails by 5 or less...

Disable: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (9) + 28 = 37

In case that fails by 5 or less...

Disable: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (10) + 28 = 38

In case that fails by 5 or less...

Disable: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (19) + 28 = 47


With his spoons happily humming again, Glimmil approaches the door and after a few seconds more tendrils of smoke seep from the door. Glimmil sets to work on the lock and after several attempts (the 47) manages to produce what he feels is a satisfying click. The door seems safe to open at this point.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant smiles at Glim, indicating the good work and moves on with the party.

"Thankfully, with Glim's spoons, they might not be expecting us."


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Toffitt smiles. "Surely, when this is done and Cauldron restored, the spoon shall be held in esteem equal to that of the sword, for many aeons to come."


The door is opened and the volcanic tunnel continues on. The ceiling is 15' high.

I haven't moved the party in since I'm not sure how paranoid, investigative, fast, slow, etc, they're being, but balancing that with trying to keep things moving.

The tunnel splits and when the party eventually gets to the dead end of each they will find carefully crafted heavy curtains (DC 20 perception) made to look like the walls. In terms of game mechanics, the can be moved aside as part of a move action, like drawing a weapon.

GM rolls:

1d20 ⇒ 1
1d20 ⇒ 13
1d20 ⇒ 15
1d20 ⇒ 12
1d20 ⇒ 14

Map


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Atol, visibly nervous, follow the others down the hall. "We should try the first curtain first so they don't surround us - just in case." he suggests quietly.

As they approach the area, he tries to see if the Find the Path points to one or the other curtain. He suspects the spell is ended and this is their lair...


...Atol no longer feels the hand of Cuthbert pushing him along. It appears the party has arrived.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant rechecks his spells and makes sure both he and Aralynn are protected.

"This might be it. Let's be careful."

Dyrant waits for the team to move on in.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Toffitt drinks his extract to guard against fire, and sprays a fine mist of retardant on his friends. He drinks a few more things as well. See status for bevy of effects.

Status:

Active effects/conditions ablative barrier, barkskin, death ward, delayed consumption (freedom of movement), echolocaton, heroism, mutagen, perceive cues, resist fire 30, see invisibility, shield

Init +12 Perception +28 Sense Motive +27
AC 42 / 43 crowd control (20 touch; 26 incorporeal; uncanny dodge)
10 +8 dex +9 armor +2 ring +9 nat armor +4 shield

CMB +13 CMD 33 (+11 BAB, +8 Dex, +2 Str, +2 Ring)
HP 151 / 151
Fort +19 Reflex +21 Will +11 (+2 v. enchant)
Immune Poison, disease, nonlethal, cold, sleep, paralysis
Other Defenses -4 to ability damage, -2 to ability drain, 25% chance to avoid crit/precision damage

Weapon Equipped Dueling blade
Mutagen ACTIVE (+4 Dex, +6 Con, +4 AC, -2 Wis, -2 Cha, 14 hour duration)
Elixirs
1 Ant haul ACTIVE 26 hours
- Endure elements ACTIVE 24 hours
- Enlarge person (Finneas)
- Shield (Finneas)
- Shield ACTIVE
- Touch of the sea
2 Ablative barrier 13 hours ACTIVE
- Ablative barrier 13 hours (Atol)
- Barkskin +5 (Finneas)
- Barkskin +5 ACTIVE
- Perceive cues ACTIVE
- See invisibility ACTIVE
3 Heroism ACTIVE
- Heroism
- Resist energy, communal ACTIVE
- Fly
- open
4 Echolocation ACTIVE
- Greater invisibility
- Greater Invisibility
- Death Ward ACTIVE
- Freedom of movement
5 Delayed consumption (freedom of movement)
- Overland flight ACTIVE

Hero Points 1
Controlled Rage 0 of 5 rounds used
Healing touch 0 hp of 70hp used
Boots of speed 0 of 10 rounds used
Boro Beads, lvl 1 0 of 2 used
Boro Bead, lvl 2 ready
Preserving flask Shield
Wand of fireball 22 charges
Wand of Shield 20 charges
Wand of See Invisibility 3 charges


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Glimmil covers his eyes as Toffitt spits his extract at him, and then rubs it into his armor for good measure.

Glimmil looks to the others for an indication of how he should balance bravery and caution, and nods when it seems unanimous that he should exercise caution.

Taking several steps forward astride Cog, he wonders aloud.

"So, do you guys think there's more traps? Maybe those symbol things?"

Glimmil will take the lead, but after Toffitt gets Perception checks in, and Dyrant makes copious use of Detect Magic scans.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

"That first one was nasty enough they probably didn't bother with others."

Finneas will also cast preperation spells on himself.

Drink extract of Barkskin and cast Enlarge, Shield of Faith, and See Invisibility.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Atol watches the others prepare, and isn't sure what do do himself. He goes over his remaining spells, but nothing jumps out at him as useful just yet.

Maybe I have the wrong spells prepared today. In the end, he shrugs sadly and moves along with the rest through the curtains.

I hope we win.


The party moves cautiously down the tunnel while taking time to look around. At this slow pace, Toffitt notices a secret door on the north sie of the tunnel at the first curve before the curtains are reached.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Toffitt goes to the door and looks for traps. He points silently, gesturing with his hand as if to turn a door knob.

Perception: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (10) + 28 = 38


The secret door looks safe to open to Toffitt.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Toffitt does open it, then.


Toffitt opens the secret passage and finds a chamber on the other side of the wall. The severe neatness and organization of this chamber stands in stark contrast to the animal stench that fills the room--a combination of sweat, manure, and wet fur makes the air thick and fetid. This appears to be some sort of dueling or training chamber. Practice dummies line the walls, along with weapon and armor racks displaying exotic equipment of all sorts. The most disturbing thing about the chamber is the spikes protruding from the walls in clusters at various heights.

A minotaur finishes slashing off the head of one of the practices dummies with an extremely sharp looking falchion before turning toward the party. She wears glimmering elven chainmail and boots with wings that looks almost comical on her, but it's doubtful anyone has ever laughed at them and lived to talk about it.

She greets the party in a rough, snorting voice, "Thank goodness you're here. Some of the others said the devils would kill you. I'm so bored with just practicing." She raises her falchion at the party.

I updated everyone's initiative based on their character pages except for Finneas--I couldn't find it.
Atol 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Dyrant 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
Finneas 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Finneas Bonus roll 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Glimmil 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Cog
Toffitt 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
Minotaur 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Round 1
Dyrant = 28
Toffitt = 21
Finneas = 19
Atol = 16
Glimmil = 13
Cog
Minotaur = 2

Round 1 Map

FYI. I'm taking the time to rebuild the minotaur for PFS in Herolab, so expect it to be tough.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Round 1, Init 28

Dyrant draws his wand of displacement and uses it on Finneas (1 of 5 rounds).

Dyrant 5' flies to N14.


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Glimmil brightens at the sight of a foe he has yet to add to his list of vanquished do-badders.

I assume a minotaur is iconic enough that Glimmil would know of it from tales of Garl Glittergold. Not looking for a mechanical benefit, just something for Glim to be excited about.

"Cog, look! A minotaur! Let's show him how we charge!"

Swift action to activate smite and then ride-by attack, ending at Z,9

Lance (power, smite, charge): 1d20 + 21 + 1 - 0 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 21 + 1 - 0 + 5 + 2 = 30 for 1d6 + 7 + 8 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 8 + 13 = 31

Lance (extra damage from spirited charge): 2d6 + 14 + 16 + 39 ⇒ (2, 4) + 14 + 16 + 39 = 75

Could've been glorious. :)

As Glimmil and Cog rush past, Glimmil once again rights his helm, which somehow spun around and obscured his sight momentarily.

Cog makes a sound, which might be a bark, or might be how a dog chuckles.

Status:

Glimmil Status:
HP: 165/165
AC: 32 (T 14 | FF 21) (add: +5 more vs smite opponent)

Spells:
1) [ ] Divine Favor [ ] Grace [ ] Hero's Defiance [ ] Lesser Restoration [ ] Veil of Positive Energy
2) [ ] Paladin's Sacrifice [ ] Litany of Righteousness [ ] Shield Other
3) [ ] Magic Circle Vs Evil [X] Sky Steed
4) [ ] Chains of Light [ ] Resounding Blow

Abilities:
Smite Left: 5/5
Lay Hands Left: 9/12 (7d6, +1d6 if no mercy used)
Cavalier Challenge Left: 1/1

Cog Status:
HP 108/108
AC 29 (T 16 | FF 23) (+3 on top of this with Dyrant's Ward)


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Round 1, Init 21 >Z14

"I don't suppose you'd care to just surrender and go practice gardening or grazing somewhere...? No, I thought not."

Toffitt draws his sword and clicks his heals together (haste) and attempts to tumble around the minotaur before cutting into her shoulder.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 26 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 26 + 2 = 32

Dueling sword: 1d20 + 21 + 2 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (14) + 21 + 2 + 1 - 3 = 35
1d8 + 9 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 9 = 22 + 2 Str damage, sneak: 7d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 6, 5, 6, 3, 5) = 31

Status:

Active effects/conditions ablative barrier, barkskin, death ward, delayed consumption (freedom of movement), echolocaton, heroism, mutagen, perceive cues, resist fire 30, see invisibility, shield

Init +12 Perception +28 Sense Motive +27
AC 42 / 43 crowd control (20 touch; 26 incorporeal; uncanny dodge)
10 +8 dex +9 armor +2 ring +9 nat armor +4 shield

CMB +13 CMD 33 (+11 BAB, +8 Dex, +2 Str, +2 Ring)
HP 151 / 151
Fort +19 Reflex +21 Will +11 (+2 v. enchant)
Immune Poison, disease, nonlethal, cold, sleep, paralysis
Other Defenses -4 to ability damage, -2 to ability drain, 25% chance to avoid crit/precision damage

Weapon Equipped Dueling blade
Mutagen ACTIVE (+4 Dex, +6 Con, +4 AC, -2 Wis, -2 Cha, 14 hour duration)
Elixirs
1 Ant haul ACTIVE 26 hours
- Endure elements ACTIVE 24 hours
- Enlarge person (Finneas)
- Shield (Finneas)
- Shield ACTIVE
- Touch of the sea
2 Ablative barrier 13 hours ACTIVE
- Ablative barrier 13 hours (Atol)
- Barkskin +5 (Finneas)
- Barkskin +5 ACTIVE
- Perceive cues ACTIVE
- See invisibility ACTIVE
3 Heroism ACTIVE
- Heroism
- Resist energy, communal ACTIVE
- Fly
- open
4 Echolocation ACTIVE
- Greater invisibility
- Greater Invisibility
- Death Ward ACTIVE
- Freedom of movement
5 Delayed consumption (freedom of movement)
- Overland flight ACTIVE

Hero Points 1
Controlled Rage 0 of 5 rounds used
Healing touch 0 hp of 70hp used
Boots of speed 1 of 10 rounds used
Boro Beads, lvl 1 0 of 2 used
Boro Bead, lvl 2 ready
Preserving flask Shield
Wand of fireball 22 charges
Wand of Shield 20 charges
Wand of See Invisibility 3 charges


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 1, Initiative 16, Location O15->T13

Status:
AC 32 (f31/t18) (+3 ward until hit already included)
Atol HP: 107/107
Angel HP: 53/53 +8 temp
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = Hero's Feast (3 of 12h), Ant Haul (2 of 13h), Warded (+3 saves until failed), Resist Fire 30
Channel Energy Left: 9/9
Healing Touch: Atol, Toffitt, Finneas, Glimmil
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 8/8
Bestow Resolve: 2/2
Purifying Touch: 2/2
Cudgel of the Cauldron Five (3/10)
Pearl of Power Left: first (2/2), second (1/1), third (1/1)
Cassock of the Clergy: Spark; Bless, Sanctuary (DC11)
Chainmail of Luck: Hit re-roll (1/1w)
Metamagic Rod of Silence (lesser:3) (3/3)
Metamagic Rod of Reach (normal:6) (3/3)
Spellguard Bracers (2 concentration rolls) (3/3)
Spells Remaining: (Caster Level: 13, Concentration: 20 (+2 defensively))
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Purify Food & Drink, Stabilize -- Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1) Protection from Evil, Ant Haul, Command, Endure Elements, Obscuring Mist, Liberating Command, Protection from Evil
2) Bull's Strength, Pilfering Hand, Restoration(lesser), Sound Burst, Sound Burst, Suppress Charms and Compulsions
3) Remove Blindness/Deafness, Create Food and Water, Daylight, Dispel Magic, Invisibility Purge
4) Spell Immunity, Blessings of Fervor, Dimensional Anchor, Holy Smite, Blessings of Fervor, Sending
5) Righteous Might, Air Walk (communal), Breath of Life, Flame Strike, Summon Monster V
6) Heroes' Feast, Blade Barrier, Heal
7) Grasping Hand, Holy Word, Summon Monster VII

Atol eyes the Minotaur and considers his choices. He moves into the room (T13) and casts Prayer to give the party a bit of an edge, and take the edge off the Minotaur.

Remember, anyone who had breakfast with Atol has 8 temporary hit points (likely spent already), +1 (morale) attack rolls/Will saves, and +4 (morale) on poison/fear saves from the heroes' feast for 12 hours.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

You must be blind it's right under my...er, rather, it's located on...ah...hmmm.

Round 1 Init 19

Status:

HP = 141/141
AC/T/FF = 26/13/25
Weapon Equipped = +1 Holy Cold Iron Greatsword
Speed = 30'
Rage/day = 16/16
Hero Points = 3
Moment of Clarity (1/rage) = 1/1
Dancing Lights (1/day) = 1/1
Ghost Sound (1/day) = 1/1
Guidance (1/rage) = 1/1
Mage Hand (1/day) = 1/1
Smite Evil (1/day) = 1/1 (+3 to hit, +15 to damage, +3 Deflection AC)
Extracts: Enlarge Person, Barkskin (+5)
Oracle Spells Left (CL 8, +14 melee touch, +11 ranged touch):
3 4/4 Magic Vestment, Cure Serious Wounds, Deadly Juggernaut, Dispel Magic
2 6/7 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud, Levitate, Minor Image, Grace, See Invisibility, Augury, Heroic Fortune
1 5/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*, Protection From Evil*, Enhance Water*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*, Mending
* Allows save DC = 13 + Spell Level
Status Effects = Fly, Ward, Enlarge, Barkskin, Shield of Faith, See Invisiblity, Displacement, Prayer

Knowing the mounted gnome will charge the beast, Finneas waits until said lancing occurs, then charges at it himself.

Greatsword Power Attack Charge Prayer Flank: 1d20 + 15 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 15 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 34
Damage: 3d6 + 20 + 1 ⇒ (2, 3, 3) + 20 + 1 = 29
Evil: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Recovered the HD from my dead computer and got my Hero Lab files back. Finneas has an init of +7 and his AC is currently 28/12/28.


Dyrant helps out Finneas with a spell before backing up a bit from the minotaur.

With his usual flourish, Toffitt speedily gets behind the minotaur and stabs him. The minotaur keeps his eye on him and manages to pull away just enough to protect his vital organs from Toffitt (can't be flanked or sneak attacked).

Atol prays for the party while Finneas waits for Glimmil to charge. Glimmil charges by the minotaur, but hits nothing but air.

Having patiently waited,Finneas steps up and does the most damage for the round and his sword leaves a large gash in the minotaur's side.

The minotaur roars and snorts and tries to decide which of the three nearby enemies to kill first. 1d3 ⇒ 1 The choice seems obvious when she retaliates against the equally large Finneas. The minotaur almost takes off Finneas's arm with the first swing. A similar, but less gruesome cut appears on the minotaur's arm. The second swing doesn't cut quite as deeply, but still staggers the half-orc, again leaving a smaller wound on the minotaur. With a final flourish, the minotaur gores Finneas leaving his fate in the hands of his friends. I count 144 damage, but Finneas might have DR I've forgotten about.. The minotaur then takes a 5' step towards Glimmil so that all three are within her range.

1st: 1d20 + 30 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 30 - 1 = 45 HIT
damage: 2d6 + 33 - 1 ⇒ (3, 4) + 33 - 1 = 39
vicious to Finneas: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 6) = 12
vicious to minotaur: 1d6 ⇒ 6
-
2nd: 1d20 + 30 - 1 - 5 ⇒ (14) + 30 - 1 - 5 = 38 HIT
damage: 2d6 + 33 - 1 ⇒ (6, 2) + 33 - 1 = 40
vicious to Finneas: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6
vicious to minotaur: 1d6 ⇒ 5
-
3rd: 1d20 + 30 - 1 - 10 ⇒ (2) + 30 - 1 - 10 = 21 MISS
damage: 2d6 + 33 - 1 ⇒ (4, 6) + 33 - 1 = 42
vicious to Finneas: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11
vicious to minotaur: 1d6 ⇒ 5
-
4th: 1d20 + 30 - 1 - 15 ⇒ (3) + 30 - 1 - 15 = 17 MISS
damage: 2d6 + 33 - 1 ⇒ (5, 3) + 33 - 1 = 40
vicious to Finneas: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7
vicious to minotaur: 1d6 ⇒ 2
-
gore: 1d20 + 22 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 22 - 1 = 37 HIT
damage: 1d6 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 10 - 1 = 10
-
Confirm Crit?
1st: 1d20 + 30 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 30 - 1 = 35 HIT
damage: 2d6 + 33 - 1 ⇒ (3, 2) + 33 - 1 = 37

Round 2
Dyrant = 28
Toffitt = 21
Atol = 16
Glimmil = 13
Finneas = 19 (displacement)
Minotaur = 2 (22,41,11=-73+DR=-67)

Effects
Round 1 - Prayer by Atol

Round 2 Map


Oops. Forgot displacement. 1-50 good for Finneas.

1st: 1d100 ⇒ 86
2nd: 1d100 ⇒ 68
3rd: 1d100 ⇒ 75
4th: 1d100 ⇒ 74
gore: 1d100 ⇒ 76

And it's just not Finneas's day.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Seeing the minotaur so easily evade his more tender mercies, Tofffitt takes a more brutal approach.

Dueling Blade: 1d20 + 21 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (8) + 21 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 3 = 30
1d8 + 9 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 9 + 1 = 26

Iterative 1: 1d20 + 16 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (14) + 16 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 3 = 31
1d8 + 9 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 9 + 1 = 27

Iterative 2: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (18) + 11 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 3 = 30
1d8 + 9 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 9 + 1 = 27

Haste: 1d20 + 21 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (8) + 21 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 3 = 30
1d8 + 9 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 9 + 1 = 26

Confirm 2: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (6) + 11 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 3 = 18
1d8 + 9 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 9 + 1 = 20


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 2, Initiative 16, Location T13

Status:
AC 32 (f31/t18) (+3 ward until hit already included)
Atol HP: 107/107
Angel HP: 53/53 +8 temp
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = Hero's Feast (3 of 12h), Ant Haul (2 of 13h), Warded (+3 saves until failed), Resist Fire 30, Prayer (2 of 13)
Channel Energy Left: 9/9
Healing Touch: Atol, Toffitt, Finneas, Glimmil
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 8/8
Bestow Resolve: 2/2
Purifying Touch: 2/2
Cudgel of the Cauldron Five (3/10)
Pearl of Power Left: first (2/2), second (1/1), third (1/1)
Cassock of the Clergy: Spark; Bless, Sanctuary (DC11)
Chainmail of Luck: Hit re-roll (1/1w)
Metamagic Rod of Silence (lesser:3) (3/3)
Metamagic Rod of Reach (normal:6) (3/3)
Spellguard Bracers (2 concentration rolls) (3/3)
Spells Remaining: (Caster Level: 13, Concentration: 20 (+2 defensively))
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Purify Food & Drink, Stabilize -- Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1) Protection from Evil, Ant Haul, Command, Endure Elements, Obscuring Mist, Liberating Command, Protection from Evil
2) Bull's Strength, Pilfering Hand, Restoration(lesser), Sound Burst, Sound Burst, Suppress Charms and Compulsions
3) Remove Blindness/Deafness, Create Food and Water, Daylight, Dispel Magic, Invisibility Purge
4) Spell Immunity, Blessings of Fervor, Dimensional Anchor, Holy Smite, Blessings of Fervor, Sending
5) Righteous Might, Air Walk (communal), Breath of Life, Flame Strike, Summon Monster V
6) Heroes' Feast, Blade Barrier
7) Grasping Hand, Holy Word, Summon Monster VII

Atol moves up last round and is standing at T13 (not reflected on the map).

Atol watches as the big man goes down and considers his options. Healing first, standing second. He reaches down and casts Heal, healing Finneas 130hp.

”Be wary my friend, you’re awake, but not standing, and that may be a problem. Oh, your sword is over there.”

Don't forget the Prayer! +1 to attack/damage/skills/saves.
Remember, anyone who had breakfast with Atol has 8 temporary hit points (likely spent already), +1 (morale) attack rolls/Will saves, and +4 (morale) on poison/fear saves from the heroes' feast for 12 hours.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Round 2, Init 28

Dyrant *facepalms* as the minojerk cleverly slices into the Finneas almost without error.

Science note: even a blurry magnet still attracts the iron.

Dyrant flies to R14 and glares at the minojerk, causing him to doubt his chances.

(11 rounds/1round on Will save DC 25) Inflict penalties (-4 to AC, attacks, saves, or skills). Choosing -4 on all its attacks.

Dyrant Status:

AC: 19 (+5 Dex, +4 MageArmor)
HP: 112/112
Weapon Equipped = AngelRelic
Blessing of St. Cuthbert (+3 AC/Saves) = Cog/Atol
Healing Touched Today =
Favor of St. Cuthbert =
Connection Hex = Finneas
Fly: 1 of 14 minutes used
Fly, current iteration: 3 of 10 rounds used

Metamagic Rod Extend (1/3 used)
Metamagic Rod Acid (0/3 used)
Metamagic Rod Silent (0/3 used)
AngelRelic (Staff of Fire) 9/10
Wand of Displacement 4/12 charges
Wand of Fly 20/28 charges
Scarab of Protection: 20 SR & 5/12 charges

Heroism, Extended
Mage Armor
Fly


will save: 1d20 + 11 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 11 - 1 = 19

Dyrant switches gears as his displacement proves useless.


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Glimmil, seeing little point in trying to find space to charge again, discards his lance, summons Claw-Whomper to his hand and advances astride Cog.
(5ft to Z11)

"Silly minotaur! Do you not know you face Sir Glimmil Cobwaddle the Third?"

Attack Rolls:

Cog Bite #1 (power, aid): 1d20 + 16 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (20) + 16 + 1 - 3 = 34 for 1d6 + 1 + 7 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 7 + 9 = 19 with trip 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 14 + 1 = 33

Cog Bite #2 (power, aid): 1d20 + 16 + 1 - 3 - 5 ⇒ (11) + 16 + 1 - 3 - 5 = 20 for 1d6 + 1 + 7 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 7 + 9 = 19 with trip 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 14 + 1 = 30

Claw Whomper #1 (smite, power, aid): 1d20 + 21 + 1 + 1 + 5 - 0 ⇒ (6) + 21 + 1 + 1 + 5 - 0 = 34 for 1d6 + 5 + 8 + 1 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 8 + 1 + 13 = 31
Holy: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8

Claw Whomper #2 (smite, power, aid): 1d20 + 21 + 1 + 1 + 5 - 5 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 21 + 1 + 1 + 5 - 5 - 4 = 39 for 1d6 + 5 + 8 + 1 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 8 + 1 + 13 = 29
Holy: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 5) = 9

Claw Whomper #3 (smite, power, aid): 1d20 + 21 + 1 + 1 + 5 - 10 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 21 + 1 + 1 + 5 - 10 - 4 = 32 for 1d6 + 5 + 8 + 1 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 8 + 1 + 13 = 29
Holy: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5

CONFIRM Cog Bite #1 (power, aid): 1d20 + 16 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (9) + 16 + 1 - 3 = 23 for 1d6 + 1 + 7 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 7 + 9 = 22 with trip 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 14 + 1 = 27

CONFIRM Claw Whomper #2 (smite, power, aid): 1d20 + 21 + 1 + 1 + 5 - 5 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 21 + 1 + 1 + 5 - 5 - 4 = 33 for 2d6 + 10 + 16 + 2 + 26 ⇒ (4, 2) + 10 + 16 + 2 + 26 = 60

Status:

Glimmil Status:
HP: 165/165
AC: 32 (T 14 | FF 21) (add: +5 more vs smite opponent)

Spells:
1) [ ] Divine Favor [ ] Grace [ ] Hero's Defiance [ ] Lesser Restoration [ ] Veil of Positive Energy
2) [ ] Paladin's Sacrifice [ ] Litany of Righteousness [ ] Shield Other
3) [ ] Magic Circle Vs Evil [X] Sky Steed
4) [ ] Chains of Light [ ] Resounding Blow

Abilities:
Smite Left: 5/5
Lay Hands Left: 9/12 (7d6, +1d6 if no mercy used)
Cavalier Challenge Left: 1/1

Cog Status:
HP 108/108
AC 29 (T 16 | FF 23) (+3 on top of this with Dyrant's Ward)


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Round 2 Init 13-

Status:

HP = 127/141
AC/T/FF = 26/13/25
Weapon Equipped = +1 Holy Cold Iron Greatsword
Speed = 30'
Rage/day = 16/16
Hero Points = 3
Moment of Clarity (1/rage) = 1/1
Dancing Lights (1/day) = 1/1
Ghost Sound (1/day) = 1/1
Guidance (1/rage) = 1/1
Mage Hand (1/day) = 1/1
Smite Evil (1/day) = 1/1 (+3 to hit, +15 to damage, +3 Deflection AC)
Extracts: Enlarge Person, Barkskin (+5)
Oracle Spells Left (CL 8, +14 melee touch, +11 ranged touch):
3 4/4 Magic Vestment, Cure Serious Wounds, Deadly Juggernaut, Dispel Magic
2 6/7 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud, Levitate, Minor Image, Grace, See Invisibility, Augury, Heroic Fortune
1 5/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*, Protection From Evil*, Enhance Water*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*, Mending
* Allows save DC = 13 + Spell Level
Status Effects = Fly, Ward, Enlarge, Barkskin, Shield of Faith, See Invisiblity, Displacement, Prayer

Finneas, dizzy from both exsanguination and resanguination, has time to wonder if Dyrant intended to give him a faulty displacement spell before casting about for his sword. Aware that his actions will invite repeated attention from the horned beast, he rolls grabs his weapon and prepares for the worst.

Not sure how far away the sword landed, if I can pick it up and stand I will, otherwise I'll roll over to it and make myself pretty for whatever corpse shape I'm carved into.


Being enlarged, Finneas reaches out and picks up his sword. The Minotaur takes her AoO, but a free stand up from BoF and Finneas still has an attack.

AoO
1st: 1d20 + 30 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 30 - 1 - 4 = 32
damage: 2d6 + 33 - 1 ⇒ (2, 4) + 33 - 1 = 38
vicious to Finneas: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7
vicious to minotaur: 1d6 ⇒ 2

The Minotaur attacks Glimmil as he closes in --special barbarian rage ability.

AoO
1st: 1d20 + 30 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 30 - 1 - 4 = 39
damage: 2d6 + 33 - 1 ⇒ (3, 1) + 33 - 1 = 36
vicious to Glimmil : 2d6 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5
vicious to minotaur: 1d6 ⇒ 3

The Minotaur has a bad round and somehow Finneas is still standing at the end of it thanks to Dyrant. Oh, and then I read Glimmil's spoilers and see she's a pike of goo even with her 250+ HP.

1st: 1d20 + 30 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 30 - 1 - 4 = 38
damage: 2d6 + 33 - 1 ⇒ (2, 1) + 33 - 1 = 35
vicious to Finneas: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10
vicious to minotaur: 1d6 ⇒ 6
-
2nd: 1d20 + 30 - 1 - 5 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 30 - 1 - 5 - 4 = 24
damage: 2d6 + 33 - 1 ⇒ (5, 6) + 33 - 1 = 43
vicious to Finneas: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 5) = 8
vicious to minotaur: 1d6 ⇒ 1
-
3rd: 1d20 + 30 - 1 - 10 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 30 - 1 - 10 - 4 = 19
damage: 2d6 + 33 - 1 ⇒ (5, 2) + 33 - 1 = 39
vicious to Glimmil: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 1) = 6
vicious to minotaur: 1d6 ⇒ 5
-
4th: 1d20 + 30 - 1 - 15 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 30 - 1 - 15 - 4 = 12
damage: 2d6 + 33 - 1 ⇒ (4, 6) + 33 - 1 = 42
vicious to Glimmil: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 5) = 9
vicious to minotaur: 1d6 ⇒ 4
-
gore: 1d20 + 22 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 22 - 1 - 4 = 19
damage: 1d6 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 10 - 1 = 14

Party up for round 3. No new map as I had to do this via iPad.

never mind. We're out of combat.


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

I think that means Glimmil was just hit for 41 damage with that AoO? Sorry... single monster fights are usually no bueno beyond level 11... well at pretty much any level in Pathfinder. :)

Glimmil gives the fallen minotaur a few more whacks with Claw-Whomper before walking over to Finneas.

"So, that was a minotaur! That was exciting!"

Glimmil shakes some of the blood and gore from his hook-hammer.

"Does he have anything interesting on him? Clues about his service to the Cagewrongs?"


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Toffitt glances at the minotaur's items. "Let's heal up and keep moving. We have the winds of magic upon which to glide." He chuckles dryly at his own uncharacteristic use of metaphor.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Finneas coughs up a rib.

"Yeah...that was awesome. Thanks for saving me Atol, almost died again again."

hp 81/141


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant cats Detect Magic and examines the minobaddies gear.

Old habits die hard.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Atol replenishes his Prayer with a Pearl of Power suited to the purpose and moves around the party healing them.

We've a wand of cure moderate (2d8+3) that we should use up so go ahead and do your own healing as needed and I'll track the charges.

When he's finished he's ready to proceed - presuming the others are done looting by then.


Dyrant examines the minotaur and finds:

+2 vicious falchion
Amulet of natural armor +2
belt of might constitution +4
Elven chain +2
Ring of protection +2
Winged boots

Still sitting in the weapon racks are:

adamantine Morningstar
silver flail
holy avenger emblazoned with the symbol of Pelor

I'll try to move things along later today.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

A holy avenger? That's all?


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Yoink! Glimmil just got a small sized greatsword? :)


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant stares at the holy blade like everyone else, waiting for someone to dare reach for it.

Dyrant waits for the gnome to take it...just take it gnome, take it!

Dyrant stuffs the untaken magics into his bag and readies to move along.

Winged boots, Finn?


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Glimmil picks up the holy weapon and gives it a few test swings - wide arcs that almost hit anyone nearby.

"This thing has great balance! And a sun burst on the bottom! A sun burst!"

Glimmil stares at the sunburst for a moment, admiring how the best sun gods seem to all be men... Pelor, Pholtus.

"Hey guys, do you ever think about like what if Pelor was a woman? Or Heironeous a woman? That'd be crazy, right?!"

Glimmil gives a few thrusts and attempts a few mock parries.

"I bet if there is other worlds, Garl Glittergold's there, because he's the almighty gnome god and there'd of course be gnomes in other worlds, too!"

Satisfied at his attempts at mock combat, Glimmil stows the weapon on his back and begins to think about how he would effectively wield it while in Cog's saddle.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Finn could use the boots if nobody else needs them.

"Sure Dyrant, those are pretty nice. That's a nice sword Glim, but shouldn't we find out where it came from?"

Sorry for my absence, between work and home tasks plus a sick kid I've not had a lot of free time this week(end).


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Glimmil snaps his fingers and points towards Finneas.

"You're right! There's probably a paladin of Pelor down here who lost his sword. Crazy that the minotaur took it. I imagine he or she's nearby, since I doubt they'd go far from a sword."

Glimmil draws the gnome-sized greatsword again and looks at the weapon.

"Excuse me sword, you're not an intelligent sword are you?"

Glimmil gives the others a look as if to suggest that talking to a sword in this manner is perfectly acceptable given what Finneas just supposed.

13,501 to 13,549 of 13,549 << first < prev | 261 | 262 | 263 | 264 | 265 | 266 | 267 | 268 | 269 | 270 | 271 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.