Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris

Game Master Chris Shannon 719

This will be the Shackled City adventure path using the Pathfinder rule set. However, the existing deities (i.e. St. Cuthbert, Pelor, Wee Jas) will not be converted to similar Golarion gods.


7,251 to 7,300 of 13,553 << first < prev | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | next > last >>

The one marked with the 'I'. However, you suspect he took a 5' step after smacking you.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 2, Initiative 10, Location BL35->BK34

Status:
HP: 24/37
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = none
Channel Energy Left: 6/7
Healing Touch: no one
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 8/8
Perl of Power Left: first (0 of 2)
Cleric Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize - Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1) Bless, Bless, Command, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith
2) Bull's Strength, Hold Person, Lesser Restoration, Sound Burst, Spiritual Weapon
3) Daylight

"Dyrant, something invisible is attacking me, and doing so VERY effectively! It's standing right next to me somewhere - I'll see if I can make it visible!"

Atol 5' steps to a square he feels is safe and casts Invisibility Purge.

The creature wouldn't have stepped INTO flank with one of our toughest fighters, so this is the one safe square.

Chris, I think I should have taken less damage. The creature should have been effected by the Prayer spell as it went off after it was 'summoned' by the breaking of the globe. Or you might have already applied it, or I could be wrong, etc. :D


Yes. Forgot prayer. Deduct 1 from each blow.


Atol Lem wrote:
Atol 5' steps to a square he feels is safe and casts invisibility-purge]Invisibility Purge.

Atol casts his spell, but still his assailant remains undetectable.

Natural Invisibility (Ex) This ability is constant—XXX remains invisible at all times, even when attacking. As this ability is inherent, it is not subject to the invisibility purge spell.

However, Finneas's facial markings reappear. Also, a matching set appears on the dwarf's face.


Atol Lem wrote:


Atol eyes the fire and wonders if 12 gallons of water will put it out sufficiently to stop the smoke. ...or is it the combination of three bodies and the throne?

It'd probably make it smokier. The fire isn't strong enough to cause damage. They're just smoldering, smoking, rotted corpses and a throne made of stretched skins. Quite an ugly scene, but nothing that affects game play.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Round 3, Init 24

Dyrant sneers as Atol's prayer fails to highlight their foes.

"You can *NOT* hide from the angels of St. Cuthbert! Nothing hides from the Cudgel!"

Dyrant spellprays an Angeldust into the square that Atol was once in, summoning motes of angelic dust to stick to and blind anything therein.

"Atol, mind your eyes! These angels shine with such light that even you might be hurt!"

Glitterdust to BL-BM 35-36 corner. DC 16 Will. Gets Atol. Sorry, Atol.

Move action: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 Perception: Is our equipment in here?

* * *

"Archon, our friend Atol, needs aid. Can you help?"

The Archon will move behind Atol and cast CLW.

1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 healing


1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 - 1 = 8 - Fail vs. Glitterdust

EDIT: A bi-pedal form outlined by the glitterdust is in BM-35.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Status:
HP: 32/37
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = none
Channel Energy Left: 6/7
Healing Touch: no one
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 8/8
Perl of Power Left: first (0 of 2)
Cleric Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize - Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1) Bless, Bless, Command, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith
2) Bull's Strength, Hold Person, Lesser Restoration, Sound Burst, Spiritual Weapon
3) Daylight

Willpower save 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34 vs DC 16.

"Behold, by the power of St. Cuthbert - I can see!"


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

lol@everyone


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Round 3 Init 25

Status:

HP = 68/68
AC = 20/11/19 (+2 vs Evil)
Weapon Equipped = Cold Iron Greatsword +1
Speed = 25' (30' unarmored)
Rage/day = 7/7
Oracle Spells Left (CL 4, +9 melee touch, +6 ranged touch):
2 4/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud, Levitate, Minor Image
1 7/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = Prayer, Protection from Evil

Finneas will wait for Dyrant before deciding where to go.

He has a plan, he always does.

Once the creature attacking Atol is revealed Finneas moves to strike it.

A little meta I know but I was going to do it anyway and honestly when has Dyrant not Glitterdusted everything?

Charge to BL35 and get angry. Then swing at creature. Probably get angry at missing.

"You hurt Atol. Finneas Prophet of Kord, smashes you!"

Greatsword Power Attack Raging Prayer Charging: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 172d6 + 17 ⇒ (6, 5) + 17 = 28

Well Kord dammit. Hopefully being blind and nekkid helps.


Yes. The blindness will be enough to allow Finneas to hit.


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

"Cog! Guard Atol!" Glimmil shouts over his shoulder, while he narrows his eyes and advances at the dwarf.

"Hey! Mister Dwarf. You can surrender at any time. Nobody's ever beat the Cauldron Five before, so you should really consider it!"

Cog presumably runs off to bite anything attacking Atol...

Cog attack (bite, power): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Cog damage (bite, power): 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Cog trip: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Glimmil attack (+1 hammer, power, divine favor, flank): 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 33
Glimmil damage (+1 hammer, power, divine favor): 1d6 + 2 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 4 + 2 = 12

Glimmil attack #2 (+1 hammer, power, divine favor, flank): 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 2 + 2 = 25
Glimmil damage (+1 hammer, power, divine favor): 1d6 + 2 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 4 + 2 = 13

Status:

Glimmil Status:
HP: 72/72
AC: 24

Spells: 1) Divine Favor [X] Divine Favor [ ]
Smite Left: 2/2
Lay Hands Left: 4/4
Cavalier Challenge Left: 1/1
Active Spells: Divine Favor

Cog Status:
HP 42/42
AC 25 (is Ward back? Then AC27)


Toffitt waits for Glimmil's flank and is not disappointed this time. Toffitt slices deep in the dwarf's side as Glimmil follows up with a hard blow to the other side. Glimmil is unable to land his second blow though.

Cog snaps at the invisible creature as Atol prays for things to be revealed. Matching marks show up on Finneas and Zenith, but the invisible creature remains unseen until Dyrant casts glitterdust. Finneas actss quickly to take advantage of the situation and slashes his greatsword across the front of the creature.

Round 2 Recap
Toffitt = 18 - Hits for 24
Glimmil = 16 - hits for 12, misses on 2nd
Cog - presuming he finds the square, misses (prior to glitterdust)
Atol = 10 - 5', invisibility purge
Round 3
Dyrant = 24 - Glitterdust
Finneas = 23 - Hits for 28
Archon (2 damage)
Zenith = 21 (71 damage)
Invisible = 21 (28)

Zenith and other creature up next.


"The smoking eye will set your city aflame!" Zenith attempts to make an X in Glimmil's chest with his axe, but only hits once. He then takes a 5' step into the blue circle and teleports away.

The invisible creature flies up (provoking from Cog and Finneas) to Dyrant and grapples him.

1d20 + 17 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 17 - 1 = 17 - Dwarf at Glimmil
1d20 + 12 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 12 - 1 = 25 - Dwarf at Glimmil
1d10 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 - damage
1d20 + 11 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 2 - 1 = 20 invisible thing grappling Dyrant (I dont' see your CMD)
1d100 ⇒ 85 miss chance - hit
1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 - 1 = 9 - Glitterdust save - fail

New Map

Party is up.

Round 3
Toffitt = 18 -
Glimmil = 16
Atol = 10
Round 3
Dyrant = 24
Finneas = 23
Archon (2 damage)
Zenith = 21 (71 damage)
Invisible = 21 (28 damage)


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 3, Initiative 10, Location BK34

Status:
HP: 32/37
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = none
Channel Energy Left: 6/7
Healing Touch: no one
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 8/8
Perl of Power Left: first (0 of 2)
Cleric Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize - Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1) Bless, Bless, Command, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith
2) Bull's Strength, Hold Person, Lesser Restoration, Sound Burst
3) Daylight

Wait. He can do that?! He just left. He can't leave! That's not fair

Atol gets a hold of himself and casts Spiritual Weapon and sends St. Cuthbert's Cudgel against the now visible invisible blinded foe.

Spiritual Cudgel 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21 for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 points of damage.

Celestial:
"What do we do? Do we go after him? CAN we go after him?"


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Greatsword Power Attack Raging Prayer AoO: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 162d6 + 17 ⇒ (4, 4) + 17 = 25


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

First, Cog's AoO:

Cog attack (bite, power, bless): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Cog damage (bite, power): 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Cog trip: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Glimmil's mouth agape at the dwarf's disappearance, he looks to Toffitt and thinks he can see the forming of a plan in the doctor's mind.

"Let's do it! Cog, come!"

Without another word, Glimmil leaps onto the blue circle, eyes closed and teeth clenched.

Status:

Glimmil Status:
HP: 63/72
AC: 24

Spells: 1) Divine Favor [X] Divine Favor [ ]
Smite Left: 2/2
Lay Hands Left: 4/4
Cavalier Challenge Left: 1/1
Active Spells: Divine Favor

Cog Status:
HP 42/42
AC 25 (is Ward back? Then AC27)


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Round 3, Init 20

Glimmil's mind reading is truly amazing, because Toffitt has already stepped into the circle and (hopefully) disappeared. Let us hope the destination is not random...

Not sure if a standard action is possible on the other side...


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Except I thought Toffitt deferred to Glimmil for the flank, so Glimmil actually jumped first?


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Oh. Duh. Sorry. :-p Although I think readying rules now mean that the readier still remains above the other in initiative. But they totally exchanged a knowing nod.


Finneas and Cog both hit the creature, but it still manages to make its way to Dyrant.

Toffitt, Glimmil, and Cog hop onto the blue circle and find themselves back in the large room with the statue. Zenith stands there waiting for them (but has already had his turn this round).

Everyone but Atol has a standard or full round of actions left.

New Map


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Glimmil cheerfully offers surrender again to their foe, knowing it's in the dwarf's best interest.

"Not so fast, mister dwarf! As I said, we can accept your surrender any time! As you can see, we're not even really injured!"

Without really worrying about the dwarf's counter-attack, Glimmil boldly strides around the him to ensure they surround the dwarf and prevent his further escape.

Glimmil moves to U,23 (and provokes) - that is unless Toffitt set up a flank before Glimmil could act... then he's actually probably swift mounting Cog since they are squeezing?

Cog attack (bite): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Cog damage (bite): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Cog trip: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Glimmil attack (+1 hammer, power, divine favor, flank): 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 28
Glimmil damage (+1 hammer, power, divine favor): 1d6 + 2 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 4 + 2 = 14


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

As his standard action, Toffitt attempts to tumble around the dwarf and into flank with the dwarf. Oh frak. Please let her be gone. Please let he be gone.

Acrobatics 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30

"Zenith, whatever the Smoking Eye has said to you, it's your family and countrymen who love you. Come with us."


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Round 4, Init 17

Oops. Will update alias with CMD/CMB. Not sure what happened to it. You definitely got Dyrant and his 14 CMD.

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13 Know (Planes) to Identify the creature.

Dyrant struggles to get free.

1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 = 13 Escape Artist

"Archon, your help please."

EDITED: The Archon will cast Protection from Evil on Dryant. (Protection against the natural attacks of summoned creatures?)


It's not evil."Third, the spell prevents bodily contact by evil summoned creatures."

Finneas still to go.

EDIT: Dyrant doesn't know what's about to crush the life from him.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Is Dryant close enough to a wall that I could move up it with my cloak and swing at the creature?


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Enlarge should get it. It's only 15' up.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Or levitate?


Finneas Glenn wrote:
Is Dryant close enough to a wall that I could move up it with my cloak and swing at the creature?

No. The creature is out of reach without an enlarge or ranged weapon.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Round 4 Init 23

Status:

HP = 68/68
AC = 20/11/19 (+2 vs Evil)
Weapon Equipped = Cold Iron Greatsword +1
Speed = 25' (30' unarmored)
Rage/day = 7/7
Oracle Spells Left (CL 4, +9 melee touch, +6 ranged touch):
2 4/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud, Levitate, Minor Image
1 7/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = Prayer, Protection from Evil

Continuing his rage, Finneas calls upon Kord to clear his mind and grant him the ability to reach his foe.

"That's it Dyrant, hold him there."

Use Moment of Clarity and begin casting Enlarge Person.


Glimmil hits as Toffitt moves into the flank.

"The Cauldron lake will boil and you will be the stew meat."

1d20 + 17 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 17 - 1 = 22 - At Glimmil
1d20 + 12 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 12 - 1 = 27 - At Glimmil
1d10 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 8 - 1 = 12 - damage
1d20 + 11 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 5 - 1 = 30 - grapple check with Dyrant
2d6 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (5, 3) + 4 - 1 = 11 - natural attack damage
1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 4 - 1 = 17 - Glitterdust save - SAVES!

No new map. Running out the door.

Party is up.

Round 4
Toffitt = 18 -
Glimmil = 16
Atol = 10
Round 5
Dyrant = 24
Finneas = 23
Archon (2 damage)
Zenith = 21 (85 damage)
Invisible = 21 (61 damage)


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Round 4, Init 18

Toffitt attempts to draw the dwarf out. "We're very much aware the lake was supposed to boil. The Eye's servants there told us as much before we imprisoned them. The Eye has failed."

Bluff 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Realizing that he needs some acting lessons, Toffitt punches again.

Status:

**Mutagen, heroism, darkvision, shield

AC 27 (15 touch; 22 flat-footed) +1 dodge if 2+ foes.
HP 49/49
Fort +12 Reflex +13 Will +7 (+2 v. enchant)
Weapon Equipped Dueling blade
Shield Equipped SHIELD
Mutagen ACTIVE (+4 Dex, +2 AC, -2 Wis, 50 minute duration)
Controlled Rage 0 of 5 rounds used
Healing touch 0hp of 30hp used
Elixirs
1 Shield (Glimmil)
- Shield (Finneas)
- Shield ACTIVE
- Shield
- Expeditious retreat
2 Darkvision ACTIVE
– Alchemical allocation USED
- Alchemical allocation
- Invisibility
Wand of Shield 33 charges [held by Zenith]
Slippers of spider climbing 1 of 10 min. used, round 1

Unimproved unarmed strike 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 32
1d3 + 1 + 1 + 3d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 + (4, 6, 4) = 19 nonlethal, provokes


Zenith hacks Toffitt before Toffitt knocks him out.

1d20 + 17 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 17 - 1 = 33
1d10 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 8 - 1 = 13


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Toffitt's wound instantly heals a bit (5 hp), just out of spite.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 4, Initiative 10, Location BK34

Status:
HP: 32/37
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = prayer (4 of 6), spiritual cudgel (2 of 6)
Channel Energy Left: 6/7
Healing Touch: no one
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 7/8
Perl of Power Left: first (0 of 2)
Cleric Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize - Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1) Bless, Bless, Command, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith
2) Bull's Strength, Hold Person, Lesser Restoration, Sound Burst
3) Daylight

Atol continues the press against the no longer invisible, and no longer blind creature.
Spiritual Cudgel 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 points of damage.

Atol instead moves over to Finneas and grants him the strength of St. Cuthbert*!

"Grow my friend, grow and finish him!!"

*Strength Surge(sp): +3 to any strength related task for the next round (attack, damage, CMB/D, etc.)


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Round 5 Init 23

Status:

HP = 68/68
AC = 20/11/19 (+2 vs Evil)
Weapon Equipped = Cold Iron Greatsword +1
Speed = 25' (30' unarmored)
Rage/day = 5/7
Oracle Spells Left (CL 4, +9 melee touch, +6 ranged touch):
2 4/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud, Levitate, Minor Image
1 6/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = Prayer, Protection from Evil, Enlarged, Strength Surge

Finneas flexes his enbiggened muscles and swings at the glittery creature grappling with Dyrant.

Using Strength Surge on Attack roll.

Greatsword Power Attack Raging Enlarged Prayer Strength Surge: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 243d6 + 18 ⇒ (2, 4, 3) + 18 = 27


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Round 5, Init 24

Dyrant tries to wrestle free again.

1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 15 Escape Artist

"Archon, cudgel this, won't you?"

The Archon flies near and lets loose with a burst of divine rage.

2d6 ⇒ (2, 5) = 7 damage, reflex DC 12 for half

Dyrant's Status:

AC: 13+4=17
HP: 31/42
Weapon Equipped = none
Blessing of St. Cuthbert (+2 AC/Saves) = Cog
Healing Touched Today = none
Favor of St. Cuthbert =
Fly: 1 of 7 minutes used
Fly, current iteration: 5 of 10 rounds used
Effects: Heroism

Wand of Cure Serious Wounds (2 charges)
Wand of Mage Armor (36/50 charges)
Potion of Cure Light Wounds
Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds
Scroll of Cure Moderate Wounds


The invisible stalker regains its vision just in time to see the archon blast it and Finneas gut it. The stalker lets go of Dyrant and flops onto the floor.

Round 4 Recap
Toffitt = 18 - Hits for 19 non-lethal
Glimmil = 16 - TBD
Atol = 10 - miss, strength surge
Round 5
Dyrant = 24 - fails escape,
Archon - 1d20 + 11 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 11 - 1 - 2 = 10 fail; 7 damage
Finneas = 23 - Hits for 27
Zenith = 21 (85+19 non-lethal damage)
Invisible = 21 (95 damage) - DEAD

Out of combat, but still watching the clock. I'm not going to go by rounds, but limit actions to a few rounds at a time and specify how long it takes you. i.e. Uses a CLW x times to heal. Use x rounds to move there. Spend x rounds searching.

And of course, each half of the party knows they've succeeded, but don't know the other half has.


Finneas Glenn wrote:
Finneas flexes his enbiggened muscles and swings at the glittery creature grappling with Dyrant.

5th voice: When you save someone and kill the beast, this is when you're supposed to shout your god's name.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Status:
HP: 32/37
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = prayer (5 of 6), spiritual cudgel (3 of 6)
Channel Energy Left: 6/7
Healing Touch: no one
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 7/8
Perl of Power Left: first (0 of 2)
Cleric Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize - Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1) Bless, Bless, Command, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith
2) Bull's Strength, Hold Person, Lesser Restoration, Sound Burst
3) Daylight

Atol watches the creature flop to the ground. He gathers up his wits, and his spiritual cudgel and leaps into the blue!

Presuming he teleports to the other side...

He begins to direct his spiritual cudgel to the Dwarf until he sees he's down.

"Is everyone OK? Is the Dwarf OK? Do we need healing? We should get the others and flee this place before too many frog-men return."


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

As Atol appears, Glimmil beams - "Atol! We got the dwarf!" In case the priest wasn't aware, Glimmil points at the Zenith.

"Now we just need to drag him back to Cauldron. Where's Finneas? Maybe he can carry him?"


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant harrumphs as the body of the creature slumps off him.

"Thank you, Finneas. Let us take a look around for our gear, eh?"

Dyrant casts Detect Magic and uses it on a quadrant of the room, then the next, then the next, pointing out what he sees.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

"Kord!"

Oh, too late, it didn't hear me.

"Are you ok Dyrant? I can help you carry stuff but shouldn't we be worried about everybody else that just jumped through the blue?"

Finneas watches Dyrant but edges his way towards the transporter.

3 rounds of rage used, fatigued for 6 rounds.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant looks around for the rest.

"Ah yes, the teleporter."

Dyrant turns to the archon.

"Can you follow and see where they ended up? See if you can return to us? Tell us if they need aid? Communicate that we have finished with the invisible creature?"

The Archon will go through the teleporter, communicate a successful and happy emotion back to Dyrant, then speak to them about the Invisible Stalker and then try to find a way back to this room.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

"Atol, is everything okay back in the room? We need to get Zenith out of this large space quickly. Maybe back to where the prisoners are being kept. The halfling... Get our equipment, muster ourselves..."

Toffitt moves to lift up the dwarf, but presumably finds him to be a bit heavy in his plate mail.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

"We just killed the creature and I came through to see what needed to be done here. Without my pack, I should be able to carry the Dwarf, although somewhat slowly." Atol grins knowing he's going to be slow no matter what.

"I'll need my Muleback Chords though. I think they're in the other room. Or maybe Finneas can wear them and carry the Dwarf more easily."


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Presumably, Sarcem comes through the portal. "Well done. Atol, Glim, perhaps we can begin dragging him out of here. Let us be as quick as possible. Archon, would you be so kind as to return and ask Finneas to come with Atol's muleback cords?"

Toffitt points towards the passageway that leads to Zenith's throne room. He then picks up Zenith's warhammer, hooks it on his belt and begins tugging at the dwarf's limp body.


Dyrant detects no magic in the throne room except the blue circle.

The archon follows Dyrant's instructions and starts toward the upper floor double doors by the drawbridges.

The gear is next to the statue, which just so happens to be next to most of the party at this point.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

OIC. Toffitt gathers his gear up first. "Glim, could Cog carry the dwarf or some of our gear a short distance?"


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

"So I guess we wait? Or should we but down this door and go Kord some frogmen?"

Finneas stands guard by the door with his sword at the ready.

7,251 to 7,300 of 13,553 << first < prev | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.