Interest Check -- High-Powered Gestalt and Mythic Historical Game about the Mongol Conquest of Persia


Recruitment

201 to 250 of 437 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

How many PCs will be primarily mounted combatants?? I'm considering a build that could assist those who plan to be mounted more often than not.


My character has a speed of 220', so I'm not bothering with a horse.


My monk//druid won’t be a mounted combatant either. What kind of character are you building @monkeygod?


Are the [Gift] and [Knack] feats from Chopping Down the Christmas Tree only available as the bonus feats taken at levels 4, 8, and 12, or are they available for any feat slots?


I am strongly in favor of not increasing the starting power level, for sanity's sake.

Altani is a wizard/alchemist with a little bit of magus thrown in. She is playing of the historical gunpowder theme and will probably be something of a weird shaman who oversees the squad's explosive needs.

She probably will just walk around on foot, fairly quickly, but will have constant flight she can employ at times. I don't know yet what I want to do with her familiar...

@Vrog: Is there a 3pp feat somewhere that changes a 5 ft step to being equal to 1/6 your base speed? XD


Coinshot wrote:
Are the [Gift] and [Knack] feats from Chopping Down the Christmas Tree only available as the bonus feats taken at levels 4, 8, and 12, or are they available for any feat slots?

Only as bonus feats at those levels


I'm also fine with sticking to the current power level. Which is already really high!

Razan isn't likely to fight much while mounted. He will have dimension door and the feats to get in and out of melee fast, and blast elemental/fiendish foes with channels in their midst.


For the beginning of the campaign, I'm going to flesh out the area surrounding the Wusha Fortress with a summary of significant NPCs and locations. I'd like everyone to start thinking of back story and how your characters know eachother. I'd like there to be more than the usual amount of this stuff -- they don't just happen to meet at an inn. I'd like for most of the characters to have at least known of eachother for a few years, and some to be lifelong associations.

The fort is a Chinese castle in the Jurchen region of the northern steppes which was the first area of greater China conquered by the mongols. It fell after a vicious siege, and so is partially in ruins. It is an important link in the supply train which is supporting the deployment of the 1,000,000 + Mongol army against the Empire of Khwarezm.

Lately, some of the supply trains have not shown up on time to the fort. It appears likely they are being waylaid en route from the interior of the Mongolian steppe, but the whole matter is a mystery that requires investigation by an enterprising scouting party. However, the interior of the steppes is of course a desolate and dangerous locale, in which many dangers may be found...


So I got an alt made for Daryun, since I was rereading the creation document and realized I missed some ability scores, so I have calculated them correctly now with annotations on where the bonuses come from.

Liberty's Edge

I am currently thinking of working up a Ranger//Summoner character, or Ranger with something else. For the Summoner build, I am mainly trying to come up with a reasonable explanation for the Eidolon.


@GM: Are you alright with me taking ranks in lore(some of these specific NPCs or locations)? As an int-based character in this game with it's crazy high ability scores, I think I'll have more ranks than I can spend on the default skills.


My build is going to be Legendary Cavalier/*something*. One possibility was a Sunrider Druid, which grants mounted allies benefits.

@Atlani, background skills are in use, thus so are Artistry and Lore.


I think I'm going to give this a shot, heaven help me. Here's my general concept:

A Scandinavian berserker (Barbarian, Invulnerable Rager/Mad Dog) who came south to serve in the Varangian Guard, then eventually moved on to the east. As a man who "comes from the land of the ice and snow", the other half of the gestalt will be Elemntal(Water)/Sage Sorcerer (Tattooed/Crossblooded/Wildblooded*). Archmage/Champion on the Mythic side. Templates: Advanced, Aqueous, Boreal, Giant**, Mutant, Water-Infused. Lots of cold-related archetypes that overlap a bit, and I may replace some of that. This is pretty bare-bones conceptual. Oh, and he'll be riding some suitably-northern beast, like a woolly rhino or woolly mammoth. Good chance of going into the Mammoth Rider prestige class eventually.

*Those three wouldn't normally fit together, but with the generous archetype policy here, I think they do.) Why crossblood with Sage? Because I want to cast on INT instead of CHA.

**He's part frost giant, you see.

Thoughts, comments, questions, bomb threats? I'd originally thought of something more Byzantine and Greek Fire based (Alchemist/Something, probably), but I feel like that comes too close to Altani's build. This way, we can be Fire & Ice instead of overlapping.

Liberty's Edge

Looking through things, I think that I have a somewhat defined concept of what I could do for my character. I might actually do something other than Ranger, depending on how things look.

@GM:
Currently what I am thinking of related to the eidolon is that they could be a Daeva (or a Div as they are known in Pathfinder).

I was wondering if my character could actually be of Persian descent, but was potentially driven away by them for some reason or another. This could have led to his joining into contact with his eidolon, allowing it to come into the world in exchange for helping him seek vengeance.

As for how he is connected to the Mongol fort, perhaps he joined them several years previously as a mercenary, or for a similar reason to why he forged a pact with his eidolon (to get back at the people who drove him away from his home).

What do you think of these?


Ouachitonian wrote:
A Scandinavian berserker (Barbarian, Invulnerable Rager/Mad Dog) who came south to serve in the Varangian Guard, then eventually moved on to the east. As a man who "comes from the land of the ice and snow", the other half of the gestalt will be Elemntal(Water)/Sage Sorcerer (Tattooed/Crossblooded/Wildblooded*). Archmage/Champion on the Mythic side. Templates: Advanced, Aqueous, Boreal, Giant**, Mutant, Water-Infused. Lots of cold-related archetypes that overlap a bit, and I may replace some of that. This is pretty bare-bones conceptual. Oh, and he'll be riding some suitably-northern beast, like a woolly rhino or woolly mammoth. Good chance of going into the Mammoth Rider prestige class eventually.

Sounds cool to me. Lots of strikers thus far. Counting myself, I think we have like 4 melee types, and one main caster.


Sebecloki wrote:
I'd like everyone to start thinking of back story and how your characters know eachother. I'd like there to be more than the usual amount of this stuff -- they don't just happen to meet at an inn. I'd like for most of the characters to have at least known of eachother for a few years, and some to be lifelong associations.

Uha, GM that might be a difficult for Sechen. She's kinda just gotten back from the mountain forests. The Khna's holy site, where she was taken by the shamans to master her power and such. I mean she totally has a reason to be at the fort, but unless the people were there when she was a child she wouldn't know them... or have a way to know them.


Seb, when will you be getting up the official recruitment?

You said both DSP psionics and Path of War are not allowed for this game, right?


This is the start of the Wyrm's character; Mythic still has to be done, and more money spent.

Vrog, you might take a look at 'Tsunami Attack', one of the Horrifically Overpowered feats, if you care to juggle/tweak things at all.

Tsunami Attack (Horrifically Overpowered) wrote:

You can strike out at every foe within reach while on the move.

Prerequisites: Dex 13, Int 13, Combat Expertise, Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Whirlwind Attack, base attack bonus +4.
Benefit: When you use the full-attack action, you may take a single move action and give up your regular attacks. You instead make one melee attack at your highest base attack bonus against each opponent within reach at any point during your move action. You must make a separate attack roll against each opponent. When you use the Tsunami Attack feat, you also forfeit any bonus or extra attacks granted by other feats, spells, or abilities.

So with that 220' Move ... that might be useful.

Perhaps, Sechen, she returned a few months or years ago, instead of 'just now', and through her work became known and trusted enough to be sent on a special mission?

Num is a horse-master and archer, studying to be a general like his father. Though I've not yet put together his horse or Wizard VMC familiar, I hope I can reskin the rhamphorhynchus for the latter. The former will, ICly, be an actual expression of his soul -- his wind-horse. And in fact, the rhamphy reskin might as well, just a different soul, since Tengrism (and it differs even from tribe to tribe) believes that people have multiple souls.


I'll probably pick it up at some point, but I don't have any more horribly overpowered feat slots right now.

Thanks for pointing it out though!


Since Num is going to an archer, I think the other half of my gestalt with be gunslinger, and I'll build a PC similar to the original Ghost Rider(the pistol using cowboy version).


Erkliğ, нум/Num wrote:
Tsunami Attack (Horrifically Overpowered) wrote:

You can strike out at every foe within reach while on the move.

Prerequisites: Dex 13, Int 13, Combat Expertise, Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Whirlwind Attack, base attack bonus +4.
Benefit: When you use the full-attack action, you may take a single move action and give up your regular attacks. You instead make one melee attack at your highest base attack bonus against each opponent within reach at any point during your move action. You must make a separate attack roll against each opponent. When you use the Tsunami Attack feat, you also forfeit any bonus or extra attacks granted by other feats, spells, or abilities.

Where did you find that feat? I don't see it listed on the site linked in the campaign info.

Also, where did you find an Unchained Zen Archer? I was looking for an Unchained Tetori Monk but couldn't find one, so I ended up using the chained monk.

Lastly, where is everyone finding the info for all the alternate humans that have like 31 points and stuff?


Monkeygod wrote:

Seb, when will you be getting up the official recruitment?

You said both DSP psionics and Path of War are not allowed for this game, right?

Does anyone have any other questions before I post the recruitment thread?

Yes, I would like to stay away from Psionics, Path of War, and Spheres. Those are separate subsystems that will make it hard for other characters to know what the other party members are able to do if they haven't played those systems themselves. Also, I think most anything can be accomplished with the available options -- I asked everyone to at least look at the Paizo classes, the legendary and talented additions to them, and see if a similar build can be made. We can discuss those other things if there's literally no way, but I think there should be.


Ouachitonian wrote:

I think I'm going to give this a shot, heaven help me. Here's my general concept:

A Scandinavian berserker (Barbarian, Invulnerable Rager/Mad Dog) who came south to serve in the Varangian Guard, then eventually moved on to the east. As a man who "comes from the land of the ice and snow", the other half of the gestalt will be Elemntal(Water)/Sage Sorcerer (Tattooed/Crossblooded/Wildblooded*). Archmage/Champion on the Mythic side. Templates: Advanced, Aqueous, Boreal, Giant**, Mutant, Water-Infused. Lots of cold-related archetypes that overlap a bit, and I may replace some of that. This is pretty bare-bones conceptual. Oh, and he'll be riding some suitably-northern beast, like a woolly rhino or woolly mammoth. Good chance of going into the Mammoth Rider prestige class eventually.

*Those three wouldn't normally fit together, but with the generous archetype policy here, I think they do.) Why crossblood with Sage? Because I want to cast on INT instead of CHA.

**He's part frost giant, you see.

Thoughts, comments, questions, bomb threats? I'd originally thought of something more Byzantine and Greek Fire based (Alchemist/Something, probably), but I feel like that comes too close to Altani's build. This way, we can be Fire & Ice instead of overlapping.

That sounds pretty awesome


Art Burd wrote:

Looking through things, I think that I have a somewhat defined concept of what I could do for my character. I might actually do something other than Ranger, depending on how things look.

** spoiler omitted **

I know a lot about Zoroastrianism -- is the idea your character is one of the minority of practitioners following the Islamic conquests? I'm very interested in that idea, and can help with good sources. I could see him being interested in helping the mongols overthrow the Turkish muslim dynasty currently ruling Iran (the Khwarazems were turks).


Sebecloki wrote:

Does anyone have any other questions before I post the recruitment thread?

Yes, I would like to stay away from Psionics, Path of War, and Spheres. Those are separate subsystems that will make it hard for other characters to know what the other party members are able to do if they haven't played those systems themselves. Also, I think most anything can be accomplished with the available options -- I asked everyone to at least look at the Paizo classes, the legendary and talented additions to them, and see if a similar build can be made. We can discuss those other things if there's literally no way, but I think there should be.

Since I'm moving away from the mounted archer concept, I no longer need either subsystem.

However, I am curious, could I take the Omen Rider archetype via the Rogue Genius archetype 'swap'? Though, I guess with your system, I wouldn't actually lose anything, lol.

Also, are 3pp spells, if cast normally(ie, not part of different system), acceptable?


The place where I can see Psionics and Akashic mysteries being really appealing are Buddhist or Hindu characters who have the mental powers associated with those traditions -- I still think we can accomplish most builds with refluffing occult materials.


Sechen Spirit Speaker wrote:
Sebecloki wrote:
I'd like everyone to start thinking of back story and how your characters know eachother. I'd like there to be more than the usual amount of this stuff -- they don't just happen to meet at an inn. I'd like for most of the characters to have at least known of eachother for a few years, and some to be lifelong associations.
Uha, GM that might be a difficult for Sechen. She's kinda just gotten back from the mountain forests. The Khna's holy site, where she was taken by the shamans to master her power and such. I mean she totally has a reason to be at the fort, but unless the people were there when she was a child she wouldn't know them... or have a way to know them.

We can work around that -- I'm just trying to set up an expectation that this isn't going to be 'you all meet in the common room of the local inn' kind of a set up.


Question: The spell points system says "Characters also receive bonus spell-points equal to their spellcasting ability score modifier (for the ability that would normally determine the class’s bonus spells). A character is limited to a number of bonus spell-points equal to the highest level spell he can cast." This means I'll get far fewer bonus castings from my high intelligence than I would in the normal system. If I'm a 6th level wizard, I just get 3 bonus spell points per day. Whereas in the old system, I would have at least 4 bonus spells at each level (my int is definitely over 50, though I don't know what the final value will be yet). Am I understanding that correctly?

All: I'll make my familiar a buffer/healer just for funzies since we have a lot of archer/melee roles. The tricky thing will be finding the most effective ways to buff/debuff. Inspire courage isn't that amazing when people already have +50 to hit and damage, or whatever.


Altani the Smoke wrote:

Question: The spell points system says "Characters also receive bonus spell-points equal to their spellcasting ability score modifier (for the ability that would normally determine the class’s bonus spells). A character is limited to a number of bonus spell-points equal to the highest level spell he can cast." This means I'll get far fewer bonus castings from my high intelligence than I would in the normal system. If I'm a 6th level wizard, I just get 3 bonus spell points per day. Whereas in the old system, I would have at least 4 bonus spells at each level (my int is definitely over 50, though I don't know what the final value will be yet). Am I understanding that correctly?

All: I'll make my familiar a buffer/healer just for funzies since we have a lot of archer/melee roles. The tricky thing will be finding the most effective ways to buff/debuff. Inspire courage isn't that amazing when people already have +50 to hit and damage, or whatever.

No, that's not going to apply -- you just get the spell points; I'm combining a couple of different versions of this system and I didn't see that. Give me a couple of days to try to finish editing my document and I'll post it. I have a huge word file with the rewritten version of all these house systems.


Monkeygod wrote:
Sebecloki wrote:

Does anyone have any other questions before I post the recruitment thread?

Yes, I would like to stay away from Psionics, Path of War, and Spheres. Those are separate subsystems that will make it hard for other characters to know what the other party members are able to do if they haven't played those systems themselves. Also, I think most anything can be accomplished with the available options -- I asked everyone to at least look at the Paizo classes, the legendary and talented additions to them, and see if a similar build can be made. We can discuss those other things if there's literally no way, but I think there should be.

Since I'm moving away from the mounted archer concept, I no longer need either subsystem.

However, I am curious, could I take the Omen Rider archetype via the Rogue Genius archetype 'swap'? Though, I guess with your system, I wouldn't actually lose anything, lol.

Also, are 3pp spells, if cast normally(ie, not part of different system), acceptable?

Could you point me to the exact archetype material you're talking about for Rogue Genius? I was thinking of the archetype packages, and I'm not sure how that would work with what you're suggesting here.

Spells, feats, etc. are fine -- I'm just trying to avoid alternative subsystems. It would be good if everyone could be using the same spell point magic system so everyone knows what's going on, as well as the same combat rules basically.


I was referring to the archetype packages. Based on the gestalt archetype system you're using, my guess is you could just take the archetype, since you aren't replacing anything.


My understanding is that the archetype packages are a different type of archetype than that archetype for harbinger you posted.

I wasn't intending, and I don't think those rules allow, for you to stack any archetype on any class. I was only intending to allow you to stack an archetype you could take with the normal system. The archetype packages are a special sub-category of archetype that would allow you to double up on certain class features, or exchange it for another one of those archetypes, but not for others, like the one you linked.

Can you point me to the relevant text if you think it works differently?


Archetype packages work exactly like the standard archetypes, except that they are grouped around a theme.

Normally, an archetype gives up any abilities, regardless of 'theme'. For example, the Child of War gives up a lot of the standard Fighter class features.

With the archetype packages, you swap one set of specific abilities from one class for a different set of specific abilities from a second.

For example, if you wanted to make an more martial Inquisitor who lacks spell casting, you could swap out their Magister package(losing spellcasting) and giving them the Fighter's Battle Master package(gaining several bonus feats, bravery, and weapon training).

Obviously, the Harbinger is a newer class(and is 3pp) and doesn't have an archetype package. However, Omen Rider basically trades out all of the movement based class features of the Harbinger. Which, as above, would likely be one of their archetype packages.

Realistically, under your system, if I wanted to give Hamza the bombs abilities of an alchemist, I could take grenadier archetype package.

Liberty's Edge

Sebecloki wrote:
Art Burd wrote:

Looking through things, I think that I have a somewhat defined concept of what I could do for my character. I might actually do something other than Ranger, depending on how things look.

** spoiler omitted **

I know a lot about Zoroastrianism -- is the idea your character is one of the minority of practitioners following the Islamic conquests? I'm very interested in that idea, and can help with good sources. I could see him being interested in helping the mongols overthrow the Turkish muslim dynasty currently ruling Iran (the Khwarazems were turks).

That would actually work really well for what I was thinking of. Once you are able, I would certainly appreciate any sources that you would be able to link me to so I can have a better idea of what direction to go with my character.

I don't know for sure if this has already been answered, but if you were Gestalting with two spellcasting classes, how would that affect the size of your Spell Points pool?


You get a spell pool from each class.

I'm writing on a kindle fire since I'm visiting my parents. I'll have access to my desktop with all my Zoroastrian stuff on it tomorrow. The first thing I would suggest is the Encyclopedia Iranica online edition.

I can send you a pretty extensive bibliography depending on how deeply you want to dive into this.


Look up basic articles like zoroaster, dualism, ahura Mazda, gatha, avesta, haoma. I'm going to assume that the dualistic sassanian theology is the standard model for this world, but you can be a zurvanite or a more monotheistic outlook like the contemporary parses if you want.

Liberty's Edge

Alright, good to know. As for how deep into this I want to get, I will look into the Encyclopedia Iranica like you suggested. If I find anything I want to know about that I can't figure out more of from there, I will mention it. Does that work for you?

Edit: Now that I'm looking through some of the stuff a little more, I am trying to decide between the Eidolon representing an Ahura or a Daeva. Since my character would be a Zoroastrianism worshiper (don't know the correct term offhand), I imagine that they would share the common view of Daeva's that other members of their religion would share (that they aren't worthy of worship). This would shape how the eidolon was built, as well as what classes it took for its levels.


Ouachitonian wrote:

I think I'm going to give this a shot, heaven help me. Here's my general concept:

A Scandinavian berserker (Barbarian, Invulnerable Rager/Mad Dog) who came south to serve in the Varangian Guard, then eventually moved on to the east. As a man who "comes from the land of the ice and snow", the other half of the gestalt will be Elemntal(Water)/Sage Sorcerer (Tattooed/Crossblooded/Wildblooded*). Archmage/Champion on the Mythic side. Templates: Advanced, Aqueous, Boreal, Giant**, Mutant, Water-Infused. Lots of cold-related archetypes that overlap a bit, and I may replace some of that. This is pretty bare-bones conceptual. Oh, and he'll be riding some suitably-northern beast, like a woolly rhino or woolly mammoth. Good chance of going into the Mammoth Rider prestige class eventually.

*Those three wouldn't normally fit together, but with the generous archetype policy here, I think they do.) Why crossblood with Sage? Because I want to cast on INT instead of CHA.

**He's part frost giant, you see.

Thoughts, comments, questions, bomb threats? I'd originally thought of something more Byzantine and Greek Fire based (Alchemist/Something, probably), but I feel like that comes too close to Altani's build. This way, we can be Fire & Ice instead of overlapping.

I love the concept!

You should consider the giantblooded creature and perhaps the jotunblood creature templates (though the latter adds hit dice which might get odd).

One minor point on origin. If Seb is using this world map from an earlier post then Scandinavia is currently under an ice sheet. But this Varangian could be from the parts of Doggerland that remain uncovered, or elsewhere in northern Europe.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

We'll just assume the same Scandinavian civilization developed on the ice sheet. The changes in the map aren't going to make huge changes to the political set up.


Seb,

My current concept as I said above is inspired by Phantom Rider though I would like also add some of the supernatural elements of Ghost Rider.

I plan on his secondary race via hybrid to be either tiefling or nephilim(from Rite Publishing). He'll also possibly have the Hellfire spells from Rogue Genius, and some fiendish feats as well.

Does this at all fit the setting, or have I gone too far afield for what you're looking for?


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Don't know if you were aware of this or not MonkeyGod, but THIS should meet some of what you're looking to do.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Coinshot wrote:
Erkliğ, нум/Num wrote:
Tsunami Attack (Horrifically Overpowered) wrote:
You can strike out at every foe within reach while on the move.
Where did you find that feat? I don't see it listed on the site linked in the campaign info.

The Horrifically Overpowered Feats come in multiple books -- five, in fact, four for general, one for mythic, three by Super Genius Games, two by Rogue Genius Games (RGG).

Coinshot wrote:
Also, where did you find an Unchained Zen Archer? I was looking for an Unchained Tetori Monk but couldn't find one, so I ended up using the chained monk.

Legendary Monk is a good idea too, but there are several different companies that have done back-fill on the Monk archetypes. My theory is that Paizo didn't do it because it requires a dozen or more nitpicky little things, and would require (or nearly so) a book all its own.

@Sebecloki, I've used the Purple Duck Games version -- no new systems, just basically a tweaking of the chained ZAM so that it fits in decently. Hell, with the free Archetype, most Chained Monk archetypes will do just fine. That said, there are a few other things I'm hoping to have passed; more on that in a bit.

Coinshot wrote:
Lastly, where is everyone finding the info for all the alternate humans that have like 31 points and stuff?

That would be this post of Sebecloki's -- note that this is in place of a human/other hybrid, not including.

----------------------

@Monkeygod -- oh, wonderful. A hellspawn in the same group as a heavenspawn (me). ;)

----------------------

@Sebecloki -- regarding familiars and animal companions, I'm presuming that we (and they) still get at least some of the benefits, correct? That said, I do have a request regarding animal archetypes; I've blended three archetypes (the sage, the emissary, and the infiltrator) into the 'discreet nuncio', found below. I created it basically to removes things that I'm not going to be using (being barely a spellcaster). I'm wondering if I can use it.

Discreet Nuncio:

Discreet Nuncio
Discreet Nuncios are touched by the divine (or profane), serving as a conduit from their chosen god. As fonts of wisdom and knowledge, these familiars are mistresses of useful facts, but not only do they possess such, they can often slip away to discover such information on their own, listening and spying to gain tidbits of information they then share with their mistress.

Special Requirement: A discreet nuncio familiar can serve only a master who worships a single deity; the discreet nuncio must serve the same single deity.

Discreet Nuncio Skills: A discreet nuncio treats Sense Motive and all Knowledge skills as class skills.

(These class skills add the Sense Motive of the emissary to the all Knowledge skills of the sage.)

Dazzling Intellect (Ex): A discreet nuncio’s Intelligence score is always equal to 5 + its master’s class level, but it gains natural armor increases as if its master’s class level were half what of the actual class level. A discreet nuncio also gains its master's native language (usually Common), and can speak normally (and can thus be overheard).

This alters the familiar’s Intelligence score, natural armor adjustment, and replaces the 5th level ability to speak with their master.

(This is nearly identical to the sage's Dazzling Intellect ability, is gained at the same level, and replaces or alters the same things. Only the ability to speak normally is added, and removes the otherwise-'secure' 5th level ability.) (Addendum: In this game, this might not -- probably will not -- even exist.)

Nuncio’s Knowledge (Ex): A discreet nuncio gathers information on every topic and is happy to lecture its master on the finer points of a subject. A nuncio can attempt all Knowledge checks untrained and gains a bonus on Knowledge checks equal to half its master’s class level. Additionally, a discreet nuncio gains 2 skill ranks each time its master gains a class level. Its maximum number of ranks in any given skill is equal to its master’s class level.

This replaces alertness and the familiar’s ability to share its master’s skill ranks.

(This is identical to the sage's Sage's Knowledge ability, is gained at the same level, and replaces the same things.)

Share Will (Su): Whenever a discreet nuncio or its master fails a saving throw against a mind-affecting effect that affects only one of them, the other can attempt the saving throw as well. If this second saving throw is a success, treat the original result as a success, and the discreet nuncio and its master can’t use this ability again for 24 hours. On a failure, both the discreet nuncio and its master suffer the effects of the failed saving throw, even if one of them wouldn’t ordinarily be a valid target.

This replaces share spells.

(This is identical to the emissary's Share Will ability , is gained at the same level, and replaces the same thing.)

Divine Guidance (Sp): At 3rd level, a discreet nuncio can cast guidance at will.

This replaces deliver touch spells.

(This is identical to the emissary's Divine Guidance ability, is gained two levels later, and replaces 'deliver touch spells' instead of 'alertness'.)

Domain Influence (Sp or Su): At 7th level, the discreet nuncio gains a spark of divine power from the deity its master worships. Choose one of that deity’s domains that grants a 1st-level domain power usable a number of times per day equal to 3 + the user’s Wisdom modifier. The discreet nuncio can use that power once per day.

This replaces speak with animals of its kind.

(This is identical to the emissary's Domain Influence ability, is gained four levels later, and replaces 'speak with animals of its kind' instead of 'deliver touch spells'.)

Telepathic Bond (Sp): At 13th level, a discreet nuncio gains a permanent telepathic bond with its master. This bond has no range limit as long as the familiar and its master are on the same plane.

This replaces scry on familiar.

(This is identical to the infiltrator's Telepathic Bond, is gained two levels later, and replaces 'scry on familiar' instead of 'spell resistance'.)

I also expect that a Tiny rhamphorhynchus pterosaur (such as this, or this, and this big) is not likely to exist in Mega-Fauna Earth (backronymed from 'M-F Earth', because we are, after all, all of us Bad M****r-F****rs); I'm hoping I can get the same familiar effects and stats and simply reskinning it, probably into, in this case, some sort of hawk or eagle, likely the golden eagle; I know the Mongols still hunt with them. According to that link, the practice started in about 940, a little over 275 years before the setting's time-point of 1219. Ospreys give a bonus to Survival, Hawks to sight-based checks, but the rhamphorhynchus gives a bonus to Initiative, which is what I'm most interested in. (Granted, I'd like the other abilities, like the Evasion, Low-Light Vision, Scent, and Sudden Swoop, but I know when I might be pushing too far. ;) )

I'm also hoping to get a couple of weapon abilities okayed -- the +1-value guided (which is dubiously legal due to it being Paizo, but being pre-Pathfinder 3.5e), and the +1-value ki shot (a homebrew ranged-only variant of ki focus, which I'd be okay with going up to +2-value for).

Windshot is Num's bow, an adaptive distance guided ki shot mongol horse bow. It is his legendary item, with the qualities of being virtually unbreakable as well as easily upgradable. The latter he can do himself, via his Master Craftsman and Craft Magic Arms and Armor feats.


Wow, thanks for all the answers Erklig! Can’t believe some of you are getting familiar or animal companion. It’s a lot of work just for this PC, lol. My druid is taking a domain for sure, though the character I have in mind really needs a telepathic friend badly. I’m thinking of just picking up a familiar but strip everything other than the telepathic bond since it’s just for roleplay purposes.

I love seeing what everyone’s making though. So many cool concepts!


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

After listening to [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCNRXIpjwdU&list=RDmCNRXIpjwdU&start_radio=1]Tengger Cavalry[/url] i got inspired to make a character for this game.

A wild rider of the steppes with half-orc draconic ancestry, barbarian/monk with primal hunter, mad dog, martial artist, sohei and possibly zen archer.
Also ascetic style combined with twin fang style using 2 kamas which can be thrown. Shooting a bow from the back of a mount would be very thematic, but with a combination of belt of hurling and blinkback belt or even just using - maybe a bit reflavored - shuriken that wouldn't be necessary.
Didn't apply any HOPF yet.


Hayato Ken wrote:

After listening to [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCNRXIpjwdU&list=RDmCNRXIpjwdU&start_radio=1]Tengger Cavalry[/url] i got inspired to make a character for this game.

A wild rider of the steppes with half-orc draconic ancestry, barbarian/monk with primal hunter, mad dog, martial artist, sohei and possibly zen archer.
Also ascetic style combined with twin fang style using 2 kamas which can be thrown. Shooting a bow from the back of a mount would be very thematic, but with a combination of belt of hurling and blinkback belt or even just using - maybe a bit reflavored - shuriken that wouldn't be necessary.
Didn't apply any HOPF yet.

You're very welcome - it will be great to have a lot of the core members of our group in this game.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Thanks. Currently i need to check how i can coordinate the games, since our games are a lot more effort than the usual games, due to the complexity of characters etc.

The themes are awesome though and i have a lot of character ideas i want to try still.


Erkliğ, нум/Num wrote:
Coinshot wrote:
Erkliğ, нум/Num wrote:
Tsunami Attack (Horrifically Overpowered) wrote:
You can strike out at every foe within reach while on the move.
Where did you find that feat? I don't see it listed on the site linked in the campaign info.

The Horrifically Overpowered Feats come in multiple books -- five, in fact, four for general, one for mythic, three by Super Genius Games, two by Rogue Genius Games (RGG).

Coinshot wrote:
Also, where did you find an Unchained Zen Archer? I was looking for an Unchained Tetori Monk but couldn't find one, so I ended up using the chained monk.

Legendary Monk is a good idea too, but there are several different companies that have done back-fill on the Monk archetypes. My theory is that Paizo didn't do it because it requires a dozen or more nitpicky little things, and would require (or nearly so) a book all its own.

@Sebecloki, I've used the Purple Duck Games version -- no new systems, just basically a tweaking of the chained ZAM so that it fits in decently. Hell, with the free Archetype, most Chained Monk archetypes will do just fine. That said, there are a few other things I'm hoping to have passed; more on that in a bit.

Coinshot wrote:
Lastly, where is everyone finding the info for all the alternate humans that have like 31 points and stuff?

That would be this post of Sebecloki's -- note that this is in place of a human/other hybrid, not including.

----------------------

@Monkeygod -- oh, wonderful. A hellspawn in the same group as a heavenspawn (me). ;)

----------------------

@Sebecloki -- regarding familiars and animal companions, I'm presuming that we (and they) still get at least some of the benefits, correct? That said, I do have a request...

I think I'm fine with all of that, I just need to ask a question about the nuncio archetype -- I'm not clear what you're asking. Is this a homebrew mix of things you want to use as one of the stacking archetypes?

Just to be clear about 3rd party stuff -- I think the real issues are with certain Dreamscarred (Path of War, Psionics, Akashic Mysteries), and Drop Dead Studios (Spheres) materials -- I've never even had someone ask about stuff like Pact Magic, so I'm ignoring that for now.

The issue with these systems is that they're almost like playing a different game, and people who have no familiarity with the system won't know what your character can even do. I'd like everyone to use the same spell point magic system as well, as I haven't seen this in play and I want to actually see how it works.

I honestly think any character concept can be built without using those sources, and I'm like everyone to make a good faith attempt, as well as asking for input from others, before they decide they need any of that material. I already gave the example that I think a Spheres Troubador equivalent can probably be made from a Vigilante.

I'm not concerned about 3pp. feats archetypes, versions of paizo classes, alternative sorcerer bloodlines etc., or even 3rd pp. classes that don't use a different magic system or alternative complex resource subsystem like the PoW stances and maneuvers.


Monkeygod wrote:

Seb,

My current concept as I said above is inspired by Phantom Rider though I would like also add some of the supernatural elements of Ghost Rider.

I plan on his secondary race via hybrid to be either tiefling or nephilim(from Rite Publishing). He'll also possibly have the Hellfire spells from Rogue Genius, and some fiendish feats as well.

Does this at all fit the setting, or have I gone too far afield for what you're looking for?

Seb, can you let me know if this fits your setting or not?

I'm not even 100% positive this will be the concept I put forth, as I have ideas for another one(of course I do, lol) but I want to know if this concept is viable.


I'm okay with that as a character concept. Read this for some ideas. I thought the note about the tailless demon horses in the Gesar Epic might be worth looking into for your idea: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horse_culture_in_Mongolia#Mythology


Also, can I get a round up on character ideas just to get a sense of the party?

201 to 250 of 437 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Recruitment / Interest Check -- High-Powered Gestalt and Mythic Historical Game about the Mongol Conquest of Persia All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.