I don't know what to play in a upcoming 2-3 play gestalt campaign.


Advice and Rules Questions


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I don't know what to play in a upcoming 2-3 player gestalt campaign.

I know that one of the players will be a synthesist summoner/paladin.

I want to have one divine class, thinking of inquisitor right now but have not decided yet.

Things to know about our games. We play with the alternative action economy and automatic bonus progression.

Also 3pp Spheres of power instead of the normal magic system.


I've been thinking about a monk//shaman hex striker build lately. It would have good WIS synergy and could be a lot of fun.

Liberty's Edge

What level?


Zen archer/Inquisitor is truly absurd.


there's quite a few threads about good builds over in the houserule/homebrew forums

Grand Lodge

Go Fighter (Weapon Master)/ Barbarian and pick up efortless Duel weilding from Advanced Weapon Training to duel weild bastard swords as if they were light weapons.

With all the feats from Fighter and early access to advanced weapon traiing to ofset the two weapon penalties. The rage and awesome powers of a barbarian, spell sunder and superstion plus other rage powers to flavour just make you a better killing machine.


Coinshot Colton wrote:
What level?

we are starting at level one


you could play mystic therge with out having levels in mystic therge play a wizard/cleric samsaran for the +int and wis get the mystic past life racal trait for either witch or summoner spell list

Dark Archive

Sorcerer / oracle is always a go to. A fun switch up to that is the Bard/paladin mix


Be a monk gestalt with druid/dinosaur cultist and flurry of T-Rex bites!

Nom-Fu


Disclaimer: no clue what spheres of power 3pp is.

Fey Speaker Druid (full-/prepared-/divine-/Cha-caster) // Bard (3/4-/spontaneous-/arcane-/Cha-caster; Bard's BAB offsets the hit to BAB the Fey Speaker takes.)

Living Grimoire Inquisitor (3/4-/prepared-/divine-/Int-caster) // Psychic or Wizard (full-/spontaneous- or prepared-/psychic- or arcane-/Int-caster)

Inquisitor (3/4-/spontaneous-/divine-/Wis-caster) // Gunslinger (full BAB)

Paladin (2/5-/full BAB-/prepared-/divine-/Cha-caster) // Eldritch Scion Magus (3/4-/spontaneous-/arcane-/Cha-caster; smite evil + spell combat?)


any other 3PP available?

as for a quick suggestion:
Titan Mauler Barbarian/Ranger

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

If you wanna play Inquisitor, you'll be looking for either more spells for flexibility or full-BAB and better martial prowess. Incanter would be best for the spells, as their progression is faster and less limited than other WIS-based full caster options such as Cleric or Shaman. You could also snag another domain (or an inquisition!) by giving up some of those bonus feats. On the melee side, given that you're using the Revised Action Economy, Unchained Monk is a great fit - WIS to AC, Flurry of Blows allows you to make multiple attacks on your first single-act attack each turn, and you end up rounding out your saves to get good progression on every save - plus, once Stalwart comes online at 11, enemies will find it hard to get anything to stick to you. You'd have to be Lawful to take it, but Unchained Monk is worth it in this case.


Air0r wrote:

any other 3PP available?

as for a quick suggestion:
Titan Mauler Barbarian/Ranger

We don't have any more 3pp as default. But can add things. just need to show them to the gm and let here decide if it's okej to have or not.


LuniasM wrote:
If you wanna play Inquisitor, you'll be looking for either more spells for flexibility or full-BAB and better martial prowess. Incanter would be best for the spells, as their progression is faster and less limited than other WIS-based full caster options such as Cleric or Shaman. You could also snag another domain (or an inquisition!) by giving up some of those bonus feats. On the melee side, given that you're using the Revised Action Economy, Unchained Monk is a great fit - WIS to AC, Flurry of Blows allows you to make multiple attacks on your first single-act attack each turn, and you end up rounding out your saves to get good progression on every save - plus, once Stalwart comes online at 11, enemies will find it hard to get anything to stick to you. You'd have to be Lawful to take it, but Unchained Monk is worth it in this case.

I'm looking at monk right now and I thinking of zen archer. We are going to modifies it, so it worked with the underhanded version and remove stile strike and add combat maneuvers with the bow or something. Like a fighter archer.

Don't think i will have any other archetypes on the monk side.

For the inquisitor i'm thinking of Infiltrator. We don't play with the normal alignment system. so i don't get Misdirection and get the normal ability instead same with Forbidden Lore.

I'm also thinking that Sin Eater could be cool. But don't know if i will pick it. i think the biggest thing i would lose here is my domain

Then lastly Sacred huntsmaster or not. It gives a great animal companion and similar buffs as judgement. So i think it's better but i don't know and i don't know what animal i would pike there as well.


I feel like that there some awesome stuff you could do as a sacred huntsmaster of erastil / sohei monk:

bow flurrying with bane and a cool beasty always getting the drop on everybody (devoted guardian sohei monk, Tenacious guardian from bodyguard animal companion archetype and the look out teamwork feat means you both get always get full round action in a surprise round...

Or this option at level 1 of being a mounted skirmisher and just strolling on top that beasty and flurrying

I don't know if are allowed to PRC one of the two classes but evangelist then allows you to have a duplicate of your puppy for a number of turns and at real high level add wisdom to damage with your bow (why be SAD if MAD means you can add two stats to to hit)


Kris Verschaeve wrote:

I feel like that there some awesome stuff you could do as a sacred huntsmaster of erastil / sohei monk:

bow flurrying with bane and a cool beasty always getting the drop on everybody (devoted guardian sohei monk, Tenacious guardian from bodyguard animal companion archetype and the look out teamwork feat means you both get always get full round action in a surprise round...

Or this option at level 1 of being a mounted skirmisher and just strolling on top that beasty and flurrying

I don't know if are allowed to PRC one of the two classes but evangelist then allows you to have a duplicate of your puppy for a number of turns and at real high level add wisdom to damage with your bow (why be SAD if MAD means you can add two stats to to hit)

i will take a look at sohei and see what i think.

i can change out one of the classes for a prestige class and i can also use variant multi classing if i would like to do that.


Zautos' wrote:
Air0r wrote:

any other 3PP available?

as for a quick suggestion:
Titan Mauler Barbarian/Ranger

We don't have any more 3pp as default. But can add things. just need to show them to the gm and let here decide if it's okej to have or not.

Well, Aegis/Soulknife is a fun combo (both from Ultimate Psionics, DSP). There is a nice utility Blade skill in Psionics Augmented Soulknives that can let you turn your mind blade into some simple things like rope and grappling hooks and whatnot.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cuup wrote:
Disclaimer: no clue what spheres of power 3pp is.

An alternative, linear-growth magic system that focuses more on 'all day' characters. Generally considered more balanced with martial characters than Vancian casting is. The rules are available here.

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Third-Party Pathfinder RPG Products / Advice and Rules Questions / I don't know what to play in a upcoming 2-3 play gestalt campaign. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Advice and Rules Questions