The LGBT Gamer Community Thread.


Gamer Life General Discussion

13,451 to 13,500 of 17,696 << first < prev | 265 | 266 | 267 | 268 | 269 | 270 | 271 | 272 | 273 | 274 | 275 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

*Bright and cozy, calling out to talk, hug, smile, be merry, keep each other company and enjoy the weekend*
*Offering hot and cold beverages at your leisure*


6 people marked this as a favorite.
feytharn wrote:
Bob, If you really got vestibular migraines, you can at least hope that some of the medicationes that are out there for it do you good (I am that lucky).

I'm hoping that the meds and diet changes will do the trick. I'm already learning that cheese and chocolate are no longer options for me. Giving up alcohol isn't a problem since I don't drink anyway. Cutting back on sodium is harder than it looks. I also will probably be giving up caffeine. I've done that before. I had started drinking it again to counter the drowsiness of some of the other meds I was taking.

I have to test each food and see how it affects me. I've been starting with the common triggers first. I'm really sad about giving up the cheese. It was one of the few snacks that I enjoyed. When I went to mt FLGS I would order mozzarella sticks (they are baked not fried) because they had enough protein (I have to have high protein because of the gastric lap sleeve surgery I had) and would be filling.

The good news is, if I can get this under control I may be able to actually go to Pride this year. I may be able to work, and if I can I would rather do that since rent comes first.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Bob, I'm hoping that things will get back to normal very quickly for you.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

So, I'm back home from another GASP Game Day. And, my character survived both games. And, like last time, I deferred the rewards from the higher tier game until my ranger gets to those levels. Two - thirds the way to level 2. So, I'm tired now. Going to bed soon. Good night, everyone. :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

So I don't know a lot about who I am and what label(s) I fall under. I'm still struggling with my identity. I have now been told that my desire to sometimes be a woman is the same as someone who has apotemnophilia or similar conditions. I really wish people would stop classifying me as they want instead of just talking to me about it.

I don't know much about body integrity identity disorders. What I do know is that there aren't any big pushes to remove those who deal with it from society.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 32

7 people marked this as a favorite.
Bob_Loblaw wrote:

So I don't know a lot about who I am and what label(s) I fall under. I'm still struggling with my identity. I have now been told that my desire to sometimes be a woman is the same as someone who has apotemnophilia or similar conditions. I really wish people would stop classifying me as they want instead of just talking to me about it.

I don't know much about body integrity identity disorders. What I do know is that there aren't any big pushes to remove those who deal with it from society.

*Googles apotemnnophilia*

Sounds like a similar basis of using Mayhem Law that made it illegal for trans women to get orchiectomies. In other words, whoever told you that is a gross transphobic jerk (whether or not you consider yourself trans). This sounds basically adjacent to the "autogynephilia" nonsense.

I know you've done a lot of reflecting and introspection on who you are and what your gender might be. I think you've made a lot of progress and that it's also perfectly normal to still be processing and thinking about it. I'm sorry someone said that garbage to you, since it's clear even from what I've read you post here (let alone what I might learn if we hung out in person) that you have a complex understanding of yourself that doesn't deserve to be reduced to a gross transphobic off-the-cuff diagnosis like that.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

*nods*

*offers hugs*


Then, it's a good thing that I chose mathematics (and Computer Programming) over a career in medicine. Besides, cutting open dead frogs with a dull scalpel wasn't all that interesting.

Scarab Sages

2 people marked this as a favorite.

*me: That is € 34,90*
*customer: Do I get employee discout?*
*me, slightly puzzled: No, and if you work here, yo should know that*
*customer: No, I don't work here, so, do I get a discout?*
*me, puzzled: No, why would you?*
*customer: I might want to work here!*
*me: No discount, sorry!*
*customer pays :That is stupid!*

sigh...this is going to be one of those nights again, isn't it...


It seems so. Here's a helpful hint for all the college kids that frequent your gas station. "Stop buying so much alcohol." And you may tell them that I said do.

Scarab Sages

I sometimes do tell them (and the even more frequent 'college? is that some fancy drink?' kids as well), especially when they start complaining about how they have so little money. I will try and see if telling them that it comes from you will do any difference :-)


feytharn wrote:

*me: That is € 34,90*

*customer: Do I get employee discout?*
*me, slightly puzzled: No, and if you work here, yo should know that*
*customer: No, I don't work here, so, do I get a discout?*
*me, puzzled: No, why would you?*
*customer: I might want to work here!*
*me: No discount, sorry!*
*customer pays :That is stupid!*

sigh...this is going to be one of those nights again, isn't it...

it's weird. There are a lot of employee discount offers in my second job neighborhood, but none of them go to employees of the store, just people who work in the neighborhood. Some of them are couples with student discounts. Maybe that's what they're going for?


John Napier 698 wrote:
Then, it's a good thing that I chose mathematics (and Computer Programming) over a career in medicine. Besides, cutting open dead frogs with a dull scalpel wasn't all that interesting.

I miss dissection. So much.


It seems so. Here's a helpful hint for all the college kids that frequent your gas station. "Stop buying so much alcohol." And you may tell them that I said so.

Edit: self corrected grammar error. I was tired when I posted this. :)


Freehold DM wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:
Then, it's a good thing that I chose mathematics (and Computer Programming) over a career in medicine. Besides, cutting open dead frogs with a dull scalpel wasn't all that interesting.
I miss dissection. So much.

Well, Freehold, someone has to do all the programming / math for all the console / PC games you enjoy so much. :)

Silver Crusade

7 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

It's now been one year since the Pulse shootings. I just wanted you all to know that I love you, so stay strong.

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*


John Napier 698 wrote:
Then, it's a good thing that I chose mathematics (and Computer Programming) over a career in medicine. Besides, cutting open dead frogs with a dull scalpel wasn't all that interesting.

My biology class got to cut open fetal pigs! I even got to cut open one's heart and draw it! FUN!


I may not be posting much simply because the forums are not easy for me to access lately. In fact, the entire site is usually not accessible regardless of which browser I use. Until that is fixed, I will not be able to post or even read things most of the time.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
Freehold DM wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:
Then, it's a good thing that I chose mathematics (and Computer Programming) over a career in medicine. Besides, cutting open dead frogs with a dull scalpel wasn't all that interesting.
I miss dissection. So much.

If you can, take a class on butchering. It is dissection... but you can eat your work!


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
Bob_Loblaw wrote:
I may not be posting much simply because the forums are not easy for me to access lately. In fact, the entire site is usually not accessible regardless of which browser I use. Until that is fixed, I will not be able to post or even read things most of the time.

The site's been up and down a LOT over the past week. For me, it was out from 8PM last night until about 2:00 this afternoon.

My understanding is that they are in the midst of a major site redesign, and will be moving the site to a brand-new architecture that will be running on brand-new hardware.


Captain collateral damage wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:
Then, it's a good thing that I chose mathematics (and Computer Programming) over a career in medicine. Besides, cutting open dead frogs with a dull scalpel wasn't all that interesting.
My biology class got to cut open fetal pigs! I even got to cut open one's heart and draw it! FUN!

Blegh.


Haladir wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:
Then, it's a good thing that I chose mathematics (and Computer Programming) over a career in medicine. Besides, cutting open dead frogs with a dull scalpel wasn't all that interesting.
I miss dissection. So much.
If you can, take a class on butchering. It is dissection... but you can eat your work!

Double Blegh.

Scarab Sages

Yay, Paizo wepsite lets me participate again!

Freehold DM wrote:
feytharn wrote:

*me: That is € 34,90*

*customer: Do I get employee discout?*
*me, slightly puzzled: No, and if you work here, yo should know that*
*customer: No, I don't work here, so, do I get a discout?*
*me, puzzled: No, why would you?*
*customer: I might want to work here!*
*me: No discount, sorry!*
*customer pays :That is stupid!*

sigh...this is going to be one of those nights again, isn't it...

it's weird. There are a lot of employee discount offers in my second job neighborhood, but none of them go to employees of the store, just people who work in the neighborhood. Some of them are couples with student discounts. Maybe that's what they're going for?

No, as far as I know, that concept isn't known around here - the term 'employee discount / Mitarbeiterrabatt in German is only used for a discount people working for a company getting for shopping in that companies stores.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Hope everyone has a great day today.

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I need the plans for the sun, and a strike team to help me infiltrate it so I can turn it off.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
I need the plans for the sun, and a strike team to help me infiltrate it so I can turn it off.

I just ordered some local stormclouds to join you for a cover operation.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Freehold DM wrote:
I need the plans for the sun, and a strike team to help me infiltrate it so I can turn it off.

Under normal circumstances I would be thoroughly and unequivocally against this exceptionally poor idea.

The past couple of days though?

The only addition I could make to this plan is lots and lots of functional Y-Wings to make the run in true style.

Anniversary of birth greetings to folks, may your day be tranquil and awesome!


Wei Ji the Learner wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
I need the plans for the sun, and a strike team to help me infiltrate it so I can turn it off.

Under normal circumstances I would be thoroughly and unequivocally against this exceptionally poor idea.

The past couple of days though?

The only addition I could make to this plan is lots and lots of functional Y-Wings to make the run in true style.

Anniversary of birth greetings to folks, may your day be tranquil and awesome!

I will have them do bombing runs on the far side of the sun so we can infiltrate. Have transportation ready for evac.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hey, everyone. What I'm about to tell you will make you upset and sad, but there's no getting around it. It seems, sometime last night, that I suffered a mini-stroke. I was fine when I went to bed, with only a headache. When I woke up a little while ago, I had double vision. I checked my eyes in a mirror. My right eye no longer aligns with the left. It points, at rest, outward and slightly down. And it no longer reacts properly to bright light.

It's okay for everyone to worry about me. It's okay for everyone to be sad about what happened. But please, don't be sad for me. I'm still here, okay? Aside from the inconvenience of no longer having depth perception, I'm fine. I've got no muscle weakness on the right side, my speech is fine, and my face doesn't sag. But I won't tell you not to cry, if you want.

Yeah, I'm tearing up while trying to give some comfort. That joke I made several months ago about being made from bargain-bin parts doesn't seem so funny now. Karma, I guess.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Holy s!+~.

You are en route to er, yes?


No. Going to the ER only helps if within an hour. Right now, after the entire night, there's no point. The damage has been done. Thanks for asking, my friend.

Scarab Sages

5 people marked this as a favorite.

You should probably be on the way to the hospital, regardless. You are at high risk to have another stroke within two weeks and there are rehab procedures that, if started soon after the stroke may help to lessen the / prevent further damage.
Take care, John!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Okay, Feytharn. I'll have to see a Neurologist, then.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Go get taken care of John, NOW!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

First stop would be an optometrist, I think. Then find one in my insurance network.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Actually, my mother said that I should start with the insurance company first. Well, she is a retired nurse. Who am I to argue?


3 people marked this as a favorite.
John Napier 698 wrote:
First stop would be an optometrist, I think. Then find one in my insurance network.

If it's really a stroke, the longer you delay having it properly taken care of, the longer and worse the sequels will be... and an optometrist is not proper care for it, you ought to be already in the hospital getting tested and all.

and have somebody else take care of insurance while you're getting taken care of, I know that insurance is necessary to indulge, but you're wasting precious time.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Holy sh!t, John. I'm glad it wasn't worse, but yeah, I'm gonna join the chorus and ask you to please consider getting to the ER or a neurologist immediately. They can hopefully check to make sure you aren't in danger of having another stroke anytime soon.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

John: If you suspect you had a stroke, go to the ER immediately!


3 people marked this as a favorite.
John Napier 698 wrote:
Actually, my mother said that I should start with the insurance company first. Well, she is a retired nurse. Who am I to argue?

**leaving Lurker Status to say**

A good hospital will have people there to help get the insurance taken care of.

But yeah, get yourself to a hospital immediately.


Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

To echo all the folks what have been posting here, GET THEE TO A HEALER!

FFS, John, that's no light thing...

...notes that he discovered that he had horrific migraines because folks thought he was having a stroke, they were that debilitating...


3 people marked this as a favorite.
mechaPoet wrote:
Bob_Loblaw wrote:

So I don't know a lot about who I am and what label(s) I fall under. I'm still struggling with my identity. I have now been told that my desire to sometimes be a woman is the same as someone who has apotemnophilia or similar conditions. I really wish people would stop classifying me as they want instead of just talking to me about it.

I don't know much about body integrity identity disorders. What I do know is that there aren't any big pushes to remove those who deal with it from society.

*Googles apotemnnophilia*

Sounds like a similar basis of using Mayhem Law that made it illegal for trans women to get orchiectomies. In other words, whoever told you that is a gross transphobic jerk (whether or not you consider yourself trans). This sounds basically adjacent to the "autogynephilia" nonsense.

I know you've done a lot of reflecting and introspection on who you are and what your gender might be. I think you've made a lot of progress and that it's also perfectly normal to still be processing and thinking about it. I'm sorry someone said that garbage to you, since it's clear even from what I've read you post here (let alone what I might learn if we hung out in person) that you have a complex understanding of yourself that doesn't deserve to be reduced to a gross transphobic off-the-cuff diagnosis like that.

Sorry for the belated reply. :(

Ultimately, Bob, the only labels you should accept (IMO) are the ones you personally find comfortable and/or useful. It's been my experience that too many people are looking for a way to put other people neatly into little boxes so they don't have to think so hard about how to deal with them, or why it makes them uncomfortable. Hopefully, you can find ways to route around their opinions, or they themselves, without creating any more work for yourself. (Ugh, LGBTIQ+ folk have to do so much extra emotional labor just other folk don't feel uncomfortable.)

I hope your ability to connect dependably to Paizo.com is resolved soon. I think many of us are having similar connection issues, and I miss this place (even when I run off and hide from everyone.)


John Napier 698 wrote:

Hey, everyone. What I'm about to tell you will make you upset and sad, but there's no getting around it. It seems, sometime last night, that I suffered a mini-stroke. I was fine when I went to bed, with only a headache. When I woke up a little while ago, I had double vision. I checked my eyes in a mirror. My right eye no longer aligns with the left. It points, at rest, outward and slightly down. And it no longer reacts properly to bright light.

It's okay for everyone to worry about me. It's okay for everyone to be sad about what happened. But please, don't be sad for me. I'm still here, okay? Aside from the inconvenience of no longer having depth perception, I'm fine. I've got no muscle weakness on the right side, my speech is fine, and my face doesn't sag. But I won't tell you not to cry, if you want.

Yeah, I'm tearing up while trying to give some comfort. That joke I made several months ago about being made from bargain-bin parts doesn't seem so funny now. Karma, I guess.

Some people think the brain damage I suffered in the womb was the result of a stroke...at least that was one theory.

So I am going to join the chorus and say you should seek medical attention ASAP. You are right it may not help...but it will definitely not hurt you either...and may save you from further damage.

Oh...and *hugs*


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Hey everyone just want to say I should be around alot more...hopefully my connection problems was all Paizo and not this ancient fossil I am using.


John, please keep us updated. I'm glad that you're doing ok.

Silver Crusade

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*

*channels a little bit more for John*

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hugs all around. And John, do what you must to be taken care of. Having a stroke is often a symptom of something else that is wrong, so no more delays.


Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

*is suddenly very terrified*

Why: They have shut down political threads.

Unforseen undesired consequence: Despite this thread being a positive, informative and bolstering method of learning new things, there is the spectre that due to it's intrinsic nature given the current political climate in the world that it too will be shut down.

MODS: PLEASE DON'T SHUT DOWN THIS THREAD! I NEED TO KEEP LEARNING ABOUT OTHERS AND MYSELF!

*prays that there is a misunderstanding and perhaps an over-reaction*

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

You are indeed overreacting ^w^


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

*hugs for everyone and hoping*

13,451 to 13,500 of 17,696 << first < prev | 265 | 266 | 267 | 268 | 269 | 270 | 271 | 272 | 273 | 274 | 275 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / General Discussion / The LGBT Gamer Community Thread. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.