>>Ask Merisiel Sillvari ALL your questions here<<


Off-Topic Discussions

651 to 700 of 5,354 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Merisiel Sillvari wrote:
I do know lots of Golarion slang. You can't not grow up on the streets and not know it, but it's different for every region. Was there a particular area or topic you were looking about?

I have to confess I don't have the knowledge of Golaria others here do. I was just hoping you might know a humorous turn of phrase. (Or two. Or more, if you're so inclined.)


Not intending to be Trollish here, but what is your feeling on Were-Rats, and at the risk of having a Rapier inserted somewhere painful, Were-Bats? Both are breeds I could well imagine living within a large metropolis where they can hide amongst the sea of Humanoids and Vermin with relative immunity to their predators.

What would you do if Kyra was bitten by a Were-Bat?

What would you do if bitten by a Were-Bat?


If you were given a chest of 10,000 platinum coins (for whatever reason) what would you do with it?


Ever been to Kyonin? If so, did you like it there? Seems like the right kind of place for you (well, except it lacks stabbing targets).


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Talonne Hauk wrote:
Merisiel Sillvari wrote:
I do know lots of Golarion slang. You can't not grow up on the streets and not know it, but it's different for every region. Was there a particular area or topic you were looking about?
I have to confess I don't have the knowledge of Golaria others here do. I was just hoping you might know a humorous turn of phrase. (Or two. Or more, if you're so inclined.)

Including, apparently, the knowledge that the world's called "Golarion." :-)

Anyway, here's a few.

In Cheliax, slang for "halfling" is "slip."

In Korvosa, slang for "Shoanti" is "Horser."

In Kaer Maga, slang for prostitute is "payride" or "swing-door."


HalfOrcHeavyMetal wrote:

Not intending to be Trollish here, but what is your feeling on Were-Rats, and at the risk of having a Rapier inserted somewhere painful, Were-Bats? Both are breeds I could well imagine living within a large metropolis where they can hide amongst the sea of Humanoids and Vermin with relative immunity to their predators.

What would you do if Kyra was bitten by a Were-Bat?

What would you do if bitten by a Were-Bat?

Were anythings are creepy and gross. Wererats in particular are nasty cause they live in sewers and have stuff matted in their hair.

Wait.

There are werebats?

Great. Time to look into learning how to wear multiple suits of full plate and never going outside again.


HalfOrcHeavyMetal wrote:
If you were given a chest of 10,000 platinum coins (for whatever reason) what would you do with it?

Donate it to the anti-werebat fund. ASAP.


Estrosiath wrote:
Ever been to Kyonin? If so, did you like it there? Seems like the right kind of place for you (well, except it lacks stabbing targets).

Nope; never been there yet. Are there werebats there?


Merisiel Sillvari wrote:

Wait.

There are werebats?

Great. Time to look into learning how to wear multiple suits of full plate and never going outside again.

Could this be a reason to retire?


John Kretzer wrote:
Merisiel Sillvari wrote:

Wait.

There are werebats?

Great. Time to look into learning how to wear multiple suits of full plate and never going outside again.

Could this be a reason to retire?

Wouldn't werebats be even more likely to go after retirees though? Retiring is no way to escape the werebat peril.

Dark Archive

i'd especially look out for goblin werebats, they are everywhere....


ulgulanoth wrote:
i'd especially look out for goblin werebats, they are everywhere....

Don't you have to survive being bitten in order to were up? I mean, I've seen goblins killed by NORMAL bats. It'd be tough for something as badass as a werebat to touch a goblin without killing it and the goblins standing next to that dead goblin.

Dark Archive

no, the goblin werebats breed with each other... though how the first one came to be is a mystery


Don't worry sweet Merisiel I'll keep you save from the Werebats. All I ask for in return is a monthly trip to a swing-door on your money.*thinks she can't stab me for using the word she taught me*

Would you rather have an elven fighter with a curved blade or a dwarf fighter with a wooden shield in your adventuring party? Would you ever consider traveling with both?

Why is it everywhere me and my party go civil war soon starts after we arrive?

Are you responsible for keeping the other iconic's from the trap thread set up for them or are you and your friends just busy defending Golorian from the next thing that's trying to destroy it?

I don't know if anyone has asked this but what is your favorite color and favorite type of flower?

If some slightly evil inclined person, not saying me or anything, dressed Kyra up in a dress that was your favorite color and put flowers in her hair would that be enough to impress you?

What if some sneaky individual, again not saying me, was able to make off with all her armor so the world could finally see what she looked like under it would that impress you?


Damar wrote:

Don't worry sweet Merisiel I'll keep you save from the Werebats. All I ask for in return is a monthly trip to a swing-door on your money.*thinks she can't stab me for using the word she taught me*

Would you rather have an elven fighter with a curved blade or a dwarf fighter with a wooden shield in your adventuring party? Would you ever consider traveling with both?

Why is it everywhere me and my party go civil war soon starts after we arrive?

Are you responsible for keeping the other iconic's from the trap thread set up for them or are you and your friends just busy defending Golorian from the next thing that's trying to destroy it?

I don't know if anyone has asked this but what is your favorite color and favorite type of flower?

If some slightly evil inclined person, not saying me or anything, dressed Kyra up in a dress that was your favorite color and put flowers in her hair would that be enough to impress you?

What if some sneaky individual, again not saying me, was able to make off with all her armor so the world could finally see what she looked like under it would that impress you?

Sorry... I don't trust drow or creepy folk to keep me safe from ANYthing. Especially werebats. With whom they're probably in cahoots anyway.

Elven fighter with a curved blade any day of the week.

Because you're probably an instigator.

Um... you confused me. "Trap thread?"

Favorite color = yellow (yes, it's been asked already). Favorite flower = poppy (hasn't been asked yet).

Yes, but not enough to make me ignore your evilness.

Nope. Takes the fun out of it if someone else does it for me.


I am not evil...I actually had to shift my alignment because I wasn't able to be evil enough...stupid old man. If you ever have a chance to save an old man from a very large barbarian don't...its not worth it. I am now facing expulsion from the assassins guild but I'm sure I'll find a way to keep my membership.

*goes off to pick poppies and to find a yellow dress and Kyra*


So Merisiel, what would you do for a magic item that would keep bats and werebats(even in human form) atleast 20 feet away from you?


What is your favorite drink?


John Kretzer wrote:
So Merisiel, what would you do for a magic item that would keep bats and werebats(even in human form) atleast 20 feet away from you?

An awful lot.


doctor_wu wrote:
What is your favorite drink?

Potion of haste spiked with raspberry wine.


Merisiel Sillvari wrote:
John Kretzer wrote:
So Merisiel, what would you do for a magic item that would keep bats and werebats(even in human form) atleast 20 feet away from you?
An awful lot.

I will start working on it immediately. Though I think I have to invent some spells also...


Greetings fellow forlorn elf if you have the time would you answer these questions please.

Being a half elf like me did you also get bullied as a child? If so how did you deal with it?

What is it you find so attractive about Kyra? I mean she's just another mean old human. Is it that she keeps you alive?

Though we have just met would you consider adventuring with me instead of Kyra? We are sisters of a sort.

Liberty's Edge

Does Golarion have an equivalent to cola?


How often does Seltyiel wash his hair? Looks kinda greasy.

Why doesn't Damiel have a Victorian frock like all the other alchemists?

Which of the iconics is the most fun to pull pranks on?

Which is the riskiest to pull pranks on?

You still haven't told me what kind of runeforged weapon you made. Tell me about your sins!


John Kretzer wrote:
Merisiel Sillvari wrote:
John Kretzer wrote:
So Merisiel, what would you do for a magic item that would keep bats and werebats(even in human form) atleast 20 feet away from you?
An awful lot.
I will start working on it immediately. Though I think I have to invent some spells also...

Wouldn't an Amulet that generates an Antipathy effect keyed to Bats and then again to Were-Bats be most effective? It's not that it does them any long-term harm, just makes it impossible for them to get anywhere near the wearer.

Assuming you get a Wizard to craft it, that's ... a barrier effective to a range of 60 feet radius against either Bats or Were-Bats. All for the low price of 240,000 gold for 24 hours, 7 days a week bat-proof were-bat-free airspace.

Unless one is a Cleric or some other form of caster rocking a high Wisdom Score and high saves. Then you're screwed because NOW it's really pissed off ....

Dark Archive

*gives Merisiel an amulet of antipathy keyed to bats and were-bats*


ulgulanoth wrote:

*gives Merisiel an amulet of antipathy keyed to bats and were-bats*

Hey where did you get the 240,00 gold for that. I would not trust that undead things magiuc...it will probably attract bats.

Here I am trying to reinvent a spell from a older times...and people are stealing my ideas.

Merisiel can you stab them for me, please.


Tami wrote:

Greetings fellow forlorn elf if you have the time would you answer these questions please.

Being a half elf like me did you also get bullied as a child? If so how did you deal with it?

What is it you find so attractive about Kyra? I mean she's just another mean old human. Is it that she keeps you alive?

Though we have just met would you consider adventuring with me instead of Kyra? We are sisters of a sort.

I'm not a half-elf, so I can't really say much from that standpoint. I didn't get bullied much as a kid, in any event, because I learned pretty quickly that bullies leave folks alone when folks stab or seek public and humiliating forms of revenge in retaliation for bullying.

That she keeps me alive is one thing. That she's so secretive about some elements of her past is another. That she always wears that bulky shapeless chain mail is a third. That she's got a super sexy accent is a forth. That she comes from a land and a culture I don't know much about is a fifth. She's also got really pretty eyes. Oh, and she's surprisingly and delightfully stabby with that scimitar, especially considering that she supposedly worships a goddess of peace. More like a goddess of PIECES left over after a fight with undead! Ha!

I've kinda got a contract to only adventure with other iconics; sorry!


Studpuffin wrote:
Does Golarion have an equivalent to cola?

Nope. Maybe. Probably not. Perhaps... Ummm... what's a cola?


martinaj wrote:

How often does Seltyiel wash his hair? Looks kinda greasy.

Why doesn't Damiel have a Victorian frock like all the other alchemists?

Which of the iconics is the most fun to pull pranks on?

Which is the riskiest to pull pranks on?

You still haven't told me what kind of runeforged weapon you made. Tell me about your sins!

Seltyiel washes his hair plenty. At least once a day. Sometimes twice a day. He's actually really pretty devoted to, umm... grooming, I guess is the word.

What's a Victorian?

Valeros.

Amiri.

They're not sins if you have fun doing them! It was a rapier, in any case. A SEXY rapier.


HalfOrcHeavyMetal wrote:

Wouldn't an Amulet that generates an Antipathy effect keyed to Bats and then again to Were-Bats be most effective? It's not that it does them any long-term harm, just makes it impossible for them to get anywhere near the wearer.

Assuming you get a Wizard to craft it, that's ... a barrier effective to a range of 60 feet radius against either Bats or Were-Bats. All for the low price of 240,000 gold for 24 hours, 7 days a week bat-proof were-bat-free airspace.

Unless one is a Cleric or some other form of caster rocking a high Wisdom Score and high saves. Then you're screwed because NOW it's really pissed off ....

If I had that kind of money to throw around, I wouldn't be wasting it on an amulet. There's so much more interesting things out there to spend money on!


ulgulanoth wrote:

*gives Merisiel an amulet of antipathy keyed to bats and were-bats*

!!!!

(immediately runs off to pawn amulet, hopes its not cursed, or if it is, that its curse won't activate before she sells it for Big Bucks)


John Kretzer wrote:
ulgulanoth wrote:

*gives Merisiel an amulet of antipathy keyed to bats and were-bats*

Hey where did you get the 240,00 gold for that. I would not trust that undead things magiuc...it will probably attract bats.

Here I am trying to reinvent a spell from a older times...and people are stealing my ideas.

Merisiel can you stab them for me, please.

Can't. Busy spending money.


Just don't spend all your money on a swing-door...then again the way Merisiel looks she probably doesn't need to pay for that kind of service she has to keep men away with her daggers...

What will you be spending your newly found small fortune on?


Damar wrote:

Just don't spend all your money on a swing-door...then again the way Merisiel looks she probably doesn't need to pay for that kind of service she has to keep men away with her daggers...

What will you be spending your newly found small fortune on?

More cost-effective anti-werebat devices, for one.

Also booze. and knives. and bling.


My offer still stands and I won't cost you nearly 240,000 but I understand your reluctance, trouble does seem to follow me where ever I go. Oh you'll be pleased to know I'm about half done with Kyra's dress but sadly most of the poppies died. Now I just need to figure out how to get close enough to get the dress on and the flows in her hair with out her blasting me with her channel energy.

Did you ever manage to pull that prank with the spell book?


Merisiel Sillvari wrote:
Damar wrote:

Just don't spend all your money on a swing-door...then again the way Merisiel looks she probably doesn't need to pay for that kind of service she has to keep men away with her daggers...

What will you be spending your newly found small fortune on?

More cost-effective anti-werebat devices, for one.

Also booze. and knives. and bling.

What sort of devices?


Merisiel Sillvari wrote:

What's a Victorian?

It's a kind of reptile.


mathpro18 wrote:

My offer still stands and I won't cost you nearly 240,000 but I understand your reluctance, trouble does seem to follow me where ever I go. Oh you'll be pleased to know I'm about half done with Kyra's dress but sadly most of the poppies died. Now I just need to figure out how to get close enough to get the dress on and the flows in her hair with out her blasting me with her channel energy.

Did you ever manage to pull that prank with the spell book?

Nope. Got distracted. You hideous poppy killer, you.


martinaj wrote:
Merisiel Sillvari wrote:

What's a Victorian?

It's a kind of reptile.

Awwww! Cute!


The Guardian Beyond Beyond wrote:
Merisiel Sillvari wrote:
Damar wrote:

Just don't spend all your money on a swing-door...then again the way Merisiel looks she probably doesn't need to pay for that kind of service she has to keep men away with her daggers...

What will you be spending your newly found small fortune on?

More cost-effective anti-werebat devices, for one.

Also booze. and knives. and bling.

What sort of devices?

+3 returning humanoid (shapechanger) bane flaming burst daggers for one.

A wolvesbane golem with belladonna poisoned fangs for another.

Also, a big can of Billiver Biliven's Batbegone.


What can I say your fun to stalk...I mean talk to. And I'm not hideous in fact my mother used to call me beautiful...before she died...darn this vampire curse...I've out lived all my friends and family.

How do you deal with the crushing realization that your going to possibly out live everyone you love and care about?

When your current band of adventurers are dead are you going to find another one or are you going to go solo?


If one of your companions died and was re-incarnated as an Elf, which one (other than Kyra, that's a no-brainer!) would you want it to be?

Also, I doubt you'll ever be truly alone due to old age. Lini, for example, will never die of old age so long as you keep her life entertaining.

Assuming you had to stop adventuring (I know I've asked this before, bear with me here), what would you do with your free time? What would you do to keep food on the table, joining a thieves guild to work as a burglar or enforcer, work as a tavern-wench, join the locksmith's union, etc etc?

Dark Archive

have you ever seen Lini and Amiri fight each other? if so who won?


I have a present for you Merisiel. Its a stuffed Kyra doll and when you squeeze it it will talk. Took me a lot of time to make so try to be careful with it okay.


Damar wrote:

How do you deal with the crushing realization that your going to possibly out live everyone you love and care about?

When your current band of adventurers are dead are you going to find another one or are you going to go solo?

I've already had to deal with that a lot. How do I deal with it? Bottling up the sadness and despair and putting on a brave and vibrant front so that folks think I'm a lot more happy than I actually am, I suppose?

I tend to go solo for a few years or a decade or so once my latest crop of friends dies of old age.


ulgulanoth wrote:
have you ever seen Lini and Amiri fight each other? if so who won?

Nope. They actually get along pretty well.


Tami wrote:
I have a present for you Merisiel. Its a stuffed Kyra doll and when you squeeze it it will talk. Took me a lot of time to make so try to be careful with it okay.

HA! Also, weird. Also, filled with practical joke fuel.

Dark Archive

Merisiel, what do you think of the Guild of Querying Physicks? which iconic do you think would join said guild?


who sells the best pie in golarion?

651 to 700 of 5,354 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / >>Ask Merisiel Sillvari ALL your questions here<< All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.