Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

230,201 to 230,250 of 236,508 << first < prev | 4600 | 4601 | 4602 | 4603 | 4604 | 4605 | 4606 | 4607 | 4608 | 4609 | 4610 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Vanykrye wrote:
I always manage to forget that Danny Trejo is 75.

me too. Heres hoping we are all doing so well at 75.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Yes, I hope I look this good at 75.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Woran wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

I have GothBard's permission: Her newly-launched game is Vineyard Valley.

Have at!

Downloaded it to support gothbard

Same. Fun little game, though when it wants to lag, it is glacial.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Purity of Flames, wash over my problems...


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Vanykrye wrote:
Purity of Flames, wash over my problems...

casts cleansing flames


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
Now this is how celebrities SHOULD behave...
the man is a known local hero.

Him and Steve Buscemi.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Danny Trejo and Steve Buscemi as a buddy-cop duo? What?


8 people marked this as a favorite.

Hello, everyone.

Some of you may hear of a double stabbing in Downtown Pittsburgh. Let me reassure everyone that I'm completely fine. The man was arrested before I even got off the bus going into Downtown.


6 people marked this as a favorite.

I've been in Ohio for 10 months now, and I was lamenting that I made no friends.

Then, I was talking to the good Captain when I realized I may not have local friends, but here on FaWtL I have loyal friends.

Thanks for being good people, FaWtLers. I appreciate all of you.

Yes, even [REDACTED]. No matter what anyone says, you're good people [CENSORED TO MAKE JOKE MORE GENERALIZED].


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Good to hear, John.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Glad to hear, John.

I hope you get into the local scene soon though.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

So, Freehold has shaken his fist at me for my California weather (in the 70s all week again, with a possible-but-unlikely 81 on Monday, with lows in the high 50s).

But then there's the flip side.

I lost my wallet. The DMV requires me to go in person to replace it. I tried today and the line on a Thursday at 11:00 am was out the door. So I tried to set up an appointment (in spite of the fact that the last time I had one they were over 2.5 hours late). The first available appointment is in November.

California, where the weather is pleasant, but the roads are parking lots and the government services are nonexistent.

Whee?


4 people marked this as a favorite.

It's 100° here and my AC broke yesterday.
The irony: it's broken on the first anniversary of our moving back to Texas, when we discovered that the house we rented had broken AC, a broken hot water heater, and a broken gas line.

So, nostalgia!

At least I have my gas and a good water heater.

And, before Freehold appears to dump cold water over me like Jennifer Beals in Flashdance, the HVAC guy is supposed to be here within two hours to fix it.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

John, thanks for the update. Glad you're okay and the cops are protecting and serving.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

Yay, all the concrete is broken up!

With an hour to spare!

Begins weaponizing broken shovel.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

90° here, and one of our AC units is broken. Our house, while not being large, has 2 separate AC and furnace units because of the weird-ass way it was built.

RPG Superstar 2015 Top 8

8 people marked this as a favorite.

I am back from a lovely trip.

Now I just need to vent about boring family nonsense.

Boring Family Nonsense:

Conversation with Aunt #1:

Aunt: Let's go out for your birthday! You pick the place!
Me: Okay, let me think about places and get back to you.
Aunt: How about this, this, or this place that I like?
Me: Uh. Actually, now that I've thought about it, I'd like to go here.
Aunt: Oh, I don't know, wouldn't this other place be nicer and less expensive*?
Me: Isn't this my choice for my birthday?

(* Please note I paid for my own meal and the menu was not much different than the place she wanted to go to; it is also far less expensive than most of the restaurants she typically picks, even though she is income-limited.)

Conversation with Aunt #2:

Me: Now let's go out for your birthday! My treat! You pick the place!
Aunt: Okay, let's go to this really expensive place in this really expensive neighborhood! You pick the time!
Me: *picks the time I HAVE ALWAYS PICKED FOR THE LAST 15 YEARS BECAUSE THE BUS DOESN'T GET ME HOME FROM WORK ANY EARLIER AND THE PLACE YOU PICKED I WILL HAVE TO THEN GET INTO MY CAR TO DRIVE IN RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC TO GET TO*
Aunt: Oh, but can't you get there any earlier?
Me: That is the most reliable time I can suggest based on when I get home from the bus. If you had a time in mind, I'd appreciate it if you didn't ask my preference only to reject it.

IN FAIRNESS TO HER: Her only response to that was "Very Good, see you there."

But holy s&*&. What's nutty is I even feel guilty for saying what I did, but one of my biggest peeves is someone asking my preference only to start a disagreement over it. I normally don't care what we do, but if you say it's MY CHOICE, then it's MY F+@+ING CHOICE!!!

I know. First world problems.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:
It's 100° here and my AC broke yesterday.

reads post, nods

moves oven out of the way to reveal passage while music plays

follows path, which leads to room where bike is stored

unfolds bike, rides to abscondi-cave, where the newest attraction, punch a celebrity programmer, is revealed

checks mail, pays staff, feeds fish, hates whedon, loves guests

goes into ice cream dungeon, which now has special lynora-proof doors

collects ice from the deeper depths of the dungeon

places ice in bucket

contacts Prius abscondicar III, who is on vacation in Utica

informs him there are hams to steam on the west coast

arrives in abscondi-cave in record time

tosses ice in back seat

drives out to Lisamarlenes house

unfortunately had old address, frustrating Prius Abscondicar III

drives over to celebrity programmers house

does donuts on his lawn

puts in new address for lisamarlenes house

heads down to texas, watching flashdance en route

visits gayborhood

enjoys large steaks

not simultaneously

heads to lisamarlenes house

checks to ensure water is at maximum chilliness

knocks on door politely while prius abscondicar III knocks on garage door impolitely

Quote:

And, before Freehold appears to dump cold water over me like Jennifer Beals in Flashdance, the HVAC guy is supposed to be here within two hours to fix it.

shrugs, soaks lisamarlene anyway

As a side note, the boss at one of my first jobs was names Mrs. Beals.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

So, Freehold has shaken his fist at me for my California weather (in the 70s all week again, with a possible-but-unlikely 81 on Monday, with lows in the high 50s).

But then there's the flip side.

I lost my wallet. The DMV requires me to go in person to replace it. I tried today and the line on a Thursday at 11:00 am was out the door. So I tried to set up an appointment (in spite of the fact that the last time I had one they were over 2.5 hours late). The first available appointment is in November.

California, where the weather is pleasant, but the roads are parking lots and the government services are nonexistent.

Whee?

Take.

That.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
DeathQuaker wrote:

I am back from a lovely trip.

Now I just need to vent about boring family nonsense.

** spoiler omitted **

if possible, I would have ubered you.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
DeathQuaker wrote:

I am back from a lovely trip.

Now I just need to vent about boring family nonsense.

** spoiler omitted **

Ooooh, yes. That kind of behavior is typical of the generation behind mine (though I suspect your aunts would be closer to my age), and oh, boy, does it tick me off.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
DeathQuaker wrote:

I am back from a lovely trip.

Now I just need to vent about boring family nonsense.

** spoiler omitted **

Do we have the same family?

It sounds like we have the same family.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Vanykrye wrote:
Purity of Flames, wash over my problems...

Surely that's a Ronnie James Dio lyric.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Limeylongears wrote:
Vanykrye wrote:
Purity of Flames, wash over my problems...
Surely that's a Ronnie James Dio lyric.

You thought this was a fawtl post, but it was really....


6 people marked this as a favorite.

Compressor is fixed! Cold air is coming out of the vents!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:
Compressor is fixed! Cold air is coning out of the vents!

That's the best kind of air.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Isaac Arthur - Fusion Power


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I broke a shovel today, but not in a way that a shovel is usually broken.


9 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

This example is fifteen years ago, but it perfectly encapsulates how my family doesn't listen to me.

When we moved back to Wisconsin we left our couch in Washington because I hate couches, so my brother helps us move our stuff into our new home and he notices we don't have a couch.

Brother: Hey, I noticed you don't have a couch, we have an old one, it has a hole on one side and it's kind of ratty because the cats use it for scratching, but you can have it, if you want.

Me: No thanks, we don't need it, but thank you for offering!

Brother: Are you sure? It's kind of beat up but it's still good!

Me: No thanks, but thank you!

Brother: Are you REALLY sure? It's only been sitting in the garage for a few months!

Me: That's okay, we've got a chair so we don't need a couch right now

Brother (getting irritated): But, it's only got ONE hole in it, so it's no problem!

Me: No, we're good, that's really nice though, thanks for offering!

Brother (getting more irritated): I can bring it down for you,, it's no problem, and it only has the one hole

Me: I don't want your ratty f+$$ing couch, okay!

Brother: Well, you don't have to be a dick about it!


3 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

This example is fifteen years ago, but it perfectly encapsulates how my family doesn't listen to me.

When we moved back to Wisconsin we left our couch in Washington because I hate couches, so my brother helps us move our stuff into our new home and he notices we don't have a couch.

Brother: Hey, I noticed you don't have a couch, we have an old one, it has a hole on one side and it's kind of ratty because the cats use it for scratching, but you can have it, if you want.

Me: No thanks, we don't need it, but thank you for offering!

Brother: Are you sure? It's kind of beat up but it's still good!

Me: No thanks, but thank you!

Brother: Are you REALLY sure? It's only been sitting in the garage for a few months!

Me: That's okay, we've got a chair so we don't need a couch right now

Brother (getting irritated): But, it's only got ONE hole in it, so it's no problem!

Me: No, we're good, that's really nice though, thanks for offering!

Brother (getting more irritated): I can bring it down for you,, it's no problem, and it only has the one hole

Me: I don't want your ratty f~**ing couch, okay!

Brother: Well, you don't have to be a dick about it!

well if you're gonna be that way about it.../s


6 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

This example is fifteen years ago, but it perfectly encapsulates how my family doesn't listen to me.

When we moved back to Wisconsin we left our couch in Washington because I hate couches, so my brother helps us move our stuff into our new home and he notices we don't have a couch.

Brother: Hey, I noticed you don't have a couch, we have an old one, i̷͙͍̳̾͛̓ẗ̶̺̕ ̶̙̹͂h̵͉͙͒ȁ̷̧̠͈̏ś̴̹ͅ ̸̨͍̋̓͘á̶̡̖̳̈́ ̴̘͂͆̈h̴͉͇͑̚o̵͎͎̅̉̊l̵̩͈̻͝ȩ̸̠̇̇͑ on one side and it's kind of ratty because the cats use it for scratching, but you can have it, if you want.

Me: No thanks, we don't need it, but thank you for offering!

Brother: Are you sure? It's kind of beat up but it's still good!

Me: No thanks, but thank you!

Brother: Are you REALLY sure? It's only been sitting in the garage for a few months!

Me: That's okay, we've got a chair so we don't need a couch right now

Brother (getting irritated): But, it's only got ONE h̴̺̬̻͂̆̊ó̷̧̝̙͌͂l̶̳̲̈́e̶͈̪̦̾̈ in it, so it's no problem!

Me: No, we're good, that's really nice though, thanks for offering!

Brother (getting more irritated): I can bring it down for you,, it's no problem, and it only has the one h̷̠̹͈͉̝̩͔̞̜͗̅̄̆̽́̀͜͠ͅo̷̢̩̱̳̼̩̮͎͘ļ̷͈͓̮͈̩͊́̌͑̑̄͐̍͑̎́͝͝ē̸͇̲͙͇͍̂̉̒̈́̓̀͐̀̕͘͘͠

Me: I don't want your ratty f!#*ing couch, okay!

Brother: Well, you don't have to be a dick about it!

It's probably for the best. That couch sounds like it was right out of a Junji Ito manga (link is for non-gory but very unsettling horror manga; read panels right to left)

RPG Superstar 2015 Top 8

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
DeathQuaker wrote:

I am back from a lovely trip.

Now I just need to vent about boring family nonsense.

** spoiler omitted **

if possible, I would have ubered you.

I already blew a wad of cash earlier in the week Lyfting home during God's Very Own Wrath Thunderstorm, because I was not trusting the buses in that. The rain let up two blocks into the trip (which I'm glad for the driver for, not so much for me; I still tipped her well).

NobodysHome wrote:


Ooooh, yes. That kind of behavior is typical of the generation behind mine (though I suspect your aunts would be closer to my age), and oh, boy, does it tick me off.

You're in your 70s?

captain yesterday wrote:

Do we have the same family?

It sounds like we have the same family.

Lol, I don't think so, but on the other hand, you can be in my family anytime you want, Cap. :)

lisamarlene wrote:
Compressor is fixed! Cold air is coming out of the vents!

Congrats! If you can, please send your AC healing energy my way. Earlier this week, my portable unit in my bedroom (I can't have a normal window unit because there are unremovable bars on the window because I guess someone was afraid Spider-Man was going to get in or something) decided to start leaking everywhere. The fun part is, the reservoir that is supposed to catch the condensation was nearly empty, and all the water was on the bottom of the unit instead, which, while I am not an engineer or HVAC mechanic, I'm pretty sure is not how that is supposed to work. The extra fun part is, while I purchased the Best Buy 2 year "insurance" which theoretically replaces the unit for any reason whatsoever, I have found out that the unit I bought has since gone out of stock/production (which is probably why I got it on sale). So I'm not sure what their obligation is to actually fix or repair it in this case.

Also, today, I got a parking ticket for doing the same thing everyone else was doing in the same parking lot. I parked in a light rail lot and was not using the light rail; I thought after 5 that was okay (people are vacating the lot to go home), but apparently I misread the rule. I'll own up that I screwed up, but what annoys me is huge numbers of people also parked in the same lot without any obvious intention to use the light rail, but I was literally the only person ticketed (the person who came to meet me there, who did the exact same thing in the sight of the same MTA personnel at the exact same time, was not ticketed).

I'm having a frustrating week. *sigh*


6 people marked this as a favorite.
DeathQuaker wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
Ooooh, yes. That kind of behavior is typical of the generation behind mine (though I suspect your aunts would be closer to my age)...
You're in your 70s?

I grew up in the 70s. Does that count?

DeathQuaker wrote:
(I can't have a normal window unit because there are unremovable bars on the window because I guess someone was afraid Spider-Man was going to get in or something)

Sighs. Rolls eyes. Decides not to start in for fear of offending Freehold. But WHY?!?!?!??!?!

DeathQuaker wrote:
all the water was on the bottom of the unit instead, which, while I am not an engineer or HVAC mechanic, I'm pretty sure is not how that is supposed to work.

Depends on whether or not Captain Yesterday was working on it.

DeathQuaker wrote:
The extra fun part is, while I purchased the Best Buy 2 year "insurance" which theoretically replaces the unit for any reason whatsoever, I have found out that the unit I bought has since gone out of stock/production (which is probably why I got it on sale). So I'm not sure what their obligation is to actually fix or repair it in this case.

If it's still within the protection period, they are typically required to provide you with a "comparable" replacement unit. And as much as I despise Best Buy, I'm pretty sure they'll do this for you because they make boatloads of money on extended warranties, and don't want to get a bad name.

DeathQuaker wrote:
Also, today, I got a parking ticket for doing the same thing everyone else was doing in the same parking lot...

While as a Lawful creature I despise arbitrary enforcement of the law, I can see, "Well, we had to start somewhere."

But if they ticketed JUST you, then they're just a****ts.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Success! Went to the DMV at 4:00 pm on a Thursday, was in and out in just 75 minutes, only had to deal with two people whom I considered <expletives>, and didn't have to pay for the new license because I renewed my old one just in June, so I was still under warranty.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
DeathQuaker wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
DeathQuaker wrote:

I am back from a lovely trip.

Now I just need to vent about boring family nonsense.

** spoiler omitted **

if possible, I would have ubered you.
I already blew a wad of cash earlier in the week Lyfting home during God's Very Own Wrath Thunderstorm, because I was not trusting the buses in that. The rain let up two blocks into the trip (which I'm glad for the driver for, not so much for me; I still tipped her well).

No, I have uber cash, I would have summoned a car for you and paid for it myself AND saved money! It's a win win WIN for you!

Quote:
NobodysHome wrote:


Ooooh, yes. That kind of behavior is typical of the generation behind mine (though I suspect your aunts would be closer to my age), and oh, boy, does it tick me off.
You're in your 70s?

Yes he is.

Quote:
captain yesterday wrote:

Do we have the same family?

It sounds like we have the same family.

Lol, I don't think so, but on the other hand, you can be in my family anytime you want, Cap. :)

That would make you a dairy queen in truth. Which means I would be emitting mating calls at you on a regular basis. Possibly even more so than normal.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
DeathQuaker wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
Ooooh, yes. That kind of behavior is typical of the generation behind mine (though I suspect your aunts would be closer to my age)...
You're in your 70s?

I grew up in the 70s. Does that count?

DeathQuaker wrote:
(I can't have a normal window unit because there are unremovable bars on the window because I guess someone was afraid Spider-Man was going to get in or something)

Sighs. Rolls eyes. Decides not to start in for fear of offending Freehold. But why?!?!

absolutely no idea. I am an x-men fan, not a spidey fan.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

Success! Went to the DMV at 4:00 pm on a Thursday, was in and out in just 75 minutes, only had to deal with two people whom I considered <expletives>, and didn't have to pay for the new license because I renewed my old one just in June, so I was still under warranty.

DAMMIT!

Next time Nobodyshome..NEXT TIME!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

About to clock out. Good night, everyone.


8 people marked this as a favorite.

Finally ran the introduction and first encounter of the Azlant game tonight.

Overall feedback was good, everyone likes their new characters (I've got WW playing a multiclass sorcerer/fighter and he is DISCOVERING THE JOY OF BEING A FIGHTER IN PATHFINDER AND LOVING IT.) His character is a Selkie, but instead of a sleek, normal seal that transforms into a lovely human, his Selkie is an elephant seal that transforms into a burly male dwarf.

Hermione's sea elf ranger finally got her Dire Lobster companion/mount.

No, we're not taking it too seriously.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:

Finally ran the introduction and first encounter of the Azlant game tonight.

Overall feedback was good, everyone likes their new characters (I've got WW playing a multiclass sorcerer/fighter and he is DISCOVERING THE JOY OF BEING A FIGHTER IN PATHFINDER AND LOVING IT.) His character is a Selkie, but instead of a sleek, normal seal that transforms into a lovely human, his Selkie is an elephant seal that transforms into a burly male dwarf.

Hermione's sea elf ranger finally got her Dire Lobster companion/mount.

No, we're not taking it too seriously.

considering I just saw that episode of futurama, whingey wizard is always going to seem like bender to me.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Nobodyshome, future fallen paladin wrote:


While as a Lawful creature I despise arbitrary enforcement of the law, I can see, "Well, we had to start somewhere."
But if they ticketed JUST you, then they're just a****ts.

My my. Questioning the law are we? Tsk tsk.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

You'd know if I was working on the AC unit, there'd be shrapnel everywhere.

Also, you'd need a new AC unit.

As far as Best Buy and their return policies and buyer's insurance, let's just say there's a reason I never buy anything over $20 from them (and the closest I ever came to no longer being a pacifist).


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

The good news is, my coworker has experience fixing small AC units (he's a handyman in the off-season) so I can ask him about it when I get to work this morning.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:

Finally ran the introduction and first encounter of the Azlant game tonight.

Overall feedback was good, everyone likes their new characters (I've got WW playing a multiclass sorcerer/fighter and he is DISCOVERING THE JOY OF BEING A FIGHTER IN PATHFINDER AND LOVING IT.) His character is a Selkie, but instead of a sleek, normal seal that transforms into a lovely human, his Selkie is an elephant seal that transforms into a burly male dwarf.

Hermione's sea elf ranger finally got her Dire Lobster companion/mount.

No, we're not taking it too seriously.

rideable rations!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Bonus points if she names it Larry the Lobster (whose voice I can do).

Shadow Lodge

7 people marked this as a favorite.

I got into a PnP campaign at my FLGS!

We start session zero next Tuesday.

My current character idea is a dwarf barbarian with a voice like BRIAN BLESSED. Since it's set in Eberron, he's also an accountant. Yes, I fully admit I stole that idea from Scint.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Unrelated, since destroying my nose in May and having it sewn back together I no longer taste seafood (this is a good thing).

RPG Superstar 2015 Top 8

5 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:


DeathQuaker wrote:
Also, today, I got a parking ticket for doing the same thing everyone else was doing in the same parking lot...

While as a Lawful creature I despise arbitrary enforcement of the law, I can see, "Well, we had to start somewhere."

But if they ticketed JUST you, then they're just a****ts.

What bugs me is I wonder if they ticketed only me (and like, we walked all over the lot to see if anyone else had a ticket, and again we saw other people parking and walking off the premises) was because I had the crappiest looking car. I have an old car with a lot of minor dents and scratches which I don't bother to fix, because where I live it's street parking only, and I'd rather a car I don't care about getting more dinged up. This was in a very affluent area and most people have really nice looking cars.

The parking and transit authorities make the most money off poor people because they can't always afford to pay a ticket right away. The fine goes up and up until the car is towed and impounded; either the person pays the now ridiculous fee (usually at tremendous loss to themselves) or loses the vehicle, which the city then makes money off its auction. I hate suspecting people of being that dirty, but it's entirely possible that's why I was singled out--my car looked like the best bet for getting the most money out of. (Mind you, I am not poor and have no problem paying the ticket; I just have a crappy looking car.) (OTOH, if they had ticketed everyone who had actually parked there illegally, including the person I met there, they would have also made more money so I don't know wtf is up with that.)

I'll note that if I had not misunderstood the rules for parking in that lot (I believe they must have changed since I was last there), I would have parked elsewhere legally. Or at least bought a light rail ticket (which would have then made my parking there legal, as I was now a paying customer). As it is I probably just won't go to that area again, and take my petty cash to support tourism in other parts of the city.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Co-worker says it's probably something obstructing pipe to or from the condenser, he said to take the top off it and check the plastic tubes and clean the whole inside with computer duster or something.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Maelstrom Tapewyrm wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

This example is fifteen years ago, but it perfectly encapsulates how my family doesn't listen to me.

When we moved back to Wisconsin we left our couch in Washington because I hate couches, so my brother helps us move our stuff into our new home and he notices we don't have a couch.

Brother: Hey, I noticed you don't have a couch, we have an old one, i̷͙͍̳̾͛̓ẗ̶̺̕ ̶̙̹͂h̵͉͙͒ȁ̷̧̠͈̏ś̴̹ͅ ̸̨͍̋̓͘á̶̡̖̳̈́ ̴̘͂͆̈h̴͉͇͑̚o̵͎͎̅̉̊l̵̩͈̻͝ȩ̸̠̇̇͑ on one side and it's kind of ratty because the cats use it for scratching, but you can have it, if you want.

Me: No thanks, we don't need it, but thank you for offering!

Brother: Are you sure? It's kind of beat up but it's still good!

Me: No thanks, but thank you!

Brother: Are you REALLY sure? It's only been sitting in the garage for a few months!

Me: That's okay, we've got a chair so we don't need a couch right now

Brother (getting irritated): But, it's only got ONE h̴̺̬̻͂̆̊ó̷̧̝̙͌͂l̶̳̲̈́e̶͈̪̦̾̈ in it, so it's no problem!

Me: No, we're good, that's really nice though, thanks for offering!

Brother (getting more irritated): I can bring it down for you,, it's no problem, and it only has the one h̷̠̹͈͉̝̩͔̞̜͗̅̄̆̽́̀͜͠ͅo̷̢̩̱̳̼̩̮͎͘ļ̷͈͓̮͈̩͊́̌͑̑̄͐̍͑̎́͝͝ē̸͇̲͙͇͍̂̉̒̈́̓̀͐̀̕͘͘͠

Me: I don't want your ratty f!#*ing couch, okay!

Brother: Well, you don't have to be a dick about it!

It's probably for the best. That couch sounds like it was right out of a Junji Ito manga (link is for non-gory but very unsettling horror manga; read panels right to left)

love his work. Hope to see more of him.

230,201 to 230,250 of 236,508 << first < prev | 4600 | 4601 | 4602 | 4603 | 4604 | 4605 | 4606 | 4607 | 4608 | 4609 | 4610 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.