Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

230,051 to 230,100 of 236,876 << first < prev | 4597 | 4598 | 4599 | 4600 | 4601 | 4602 | 4603 | 4604 | 4605 | 4606 | 4607 | next > last >>

7 people marked this as a favorite.

My only goal for today was to NOT get killed or maimed.

But, between the truck without a seatbelt, the tree that's been trying to drop walnuts on my head, and the sixty foot drop off six inches off my mini bobcat path I'm beginning to wonder if that's a realistic goal.

Edit: Well, at least I have that going for me! I should send some pictures to the General.

Scarab Sages

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
Vanykrye wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

Ah, Windows 10! Will you ever stop making me ecstatic that I refuse to install you?

The latest hilarity: One of our other teams reports that Windows 10 defaults to assuming you're using a touchscreen, even when you aren't, so web sites that are designed to toggle between two interfaces depending on whether or not you have a touchscreen (such as ours) don't render correctly.

Neither the problem nor the fix are intuitive. And yet again Windows 10 makes an assumption and runs with it, without ever, y'know, actually checking the hardware to see...
(I wrote board support package and device drivers courses. Checking whether or not a touchscreen is attached should be a trivial coding exercise.)

(And yes, last Friday after I ran Strange Aeons I forgot to turn off wireless, so when I moved my laptop back under the desk where wireless isn't available it crashed magnificently because it didn't want to use the wired connection.
Stoopid Windows 10!)

We never have this problem in my company, and I have never had those issues happen on home computers either. Either of those problems. I still say this is a problem with the image your IT dept has chosen to inflict upon you, and not an inherent problem with Win 10 itself.

It is my conclusion as well. It might very well be that they just dont have enough standarized images and just went with something generic, which would explain a lot of issues.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Woran wrote:
Vanykrye wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

Ah, Windows 10! Will you ever stop making me ecstatic that I refuse to install you?

The latest hilarity: One of our other teams reports that Windows 10 defaults to assuming you're using a touchscreen, even when you aren't, so web sites that are designed to toggle between two interfaces depending on whether or not you have a touchscreen (such as ours) don't render correctly.

Neither the problem nor the fix are intuitive. And yet again Windows 10 makes an assumption and runs with it, without ever, y'know, actually checking the hardware to see...
(I wrote board support package and device drivers courses. Checking whether or not a touchscreen is attached should be a trivial coding exercise.)

(And yes, last Friday after I ran Strange Aeons I forgot to turn off wireless, so when I moved my laptop back under the desk where wireless isn't available it crashed magnificently because it didn't want to use the wired connection.
Stoopid Windows 10!)

We never have this problem in my company, and I have never had those issues happen on home computers either. Either of those problems. I still say this is a problem with the image your IT dept has chosen to inflict upon you, and not an inherent problem with Win 10 itself.
It is my conclusion as well. It might very well be that they just dont have enough standarized images and just went with something generic, which would explain a lot of issues.

Well, it's MY professional opinion, a chop saw would fix all those problems.


7 people marked this as a favorite.
Captain Yesterday, A Team wrote:

My only goal for today was to NOT get killed or maimed.

But, between the truck without a seatbelt, the tree that's been trying to drop walnuts on my head, and the sixty foot drop off six inches off my mini bobcat path I'm beginning to wonder if that's a realistic goal.

Edit: Well, at least I have that going for me! I should send some pictures to the General.

Ah, the deadly Wisconsin Walnut. A solid choice, if non allergy based nut slayings are what you're after.


11 people marked this as a favorite.

So, addiction really is quite the terrifying thing.

I'm on day 777 now, so it's not like I haven't been dry for quite a while. And as I've mentioned, I remember less than one dream a year; I'm not a dreamer. I'm one of those people who simply wakes up in the morning, aware that he was unconscious but unaware of anything happening between falling asleep and waking up.

And yet twice during the Europe trip I dreamed about falling off the wagon by accidentally having a drink, then saying, "Oh, well, I guess that's that!" and starting up drinking again. And it was a deep, fundamental motivation to start drinking again. And I woke up craving a drink.

Geez, brain. It's been over two years! Why you gotta be like that?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
That explains why the Jose's left The Good Truck, the seatbelt doesn't work.
sounds like he was trying to turn you INTO milhouse.
It's a they, a crew of three people all named Jose, though Paco goes by Paco, but his first name is still Jose.

Miljosue?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

So, addiction really is quite the terrifying thing.

I'm on day 777 now, so it's not like I haven't been dry for quite a while. And as I've mentioned, I remember less than one dream a year; I'm not a dreamer. I'm one of those people who simply wakes up in the morning, aware that he was unconscious but unaware of anything happening between falling asleep and waking up.

And yet twice during the Europe trip I dreamed about falling off the wagon by accidentally having a drink, then saying, "Oh, well, I guess that's that!" and starting up drinking again. And it was a deep, fundamental motivation to start drinking again. And I woke up craving a drink.

Geez, brain. It's been over two years! Why you gotta be like that?

I heard about this at work some time ago and I hoped it wouldn't be something you experienced. It happens primarily with alcohol and pot for some reason(at different times in cessation, mind), possibly due to where they play in the brain.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Captain Yesterday, A Team wrote:

My only goal for today was to NOT get killed or maimed.

But, between the truck without a seatbelt, the tree that's been trying to drop walnuts on my head, and the sixty foot drop off six inches off my mini bobcat path I'm beginning to wonder if that's a realistic goal.

Edit: Well, at least I have that going for me! I should send some pictures to the General.

Yikes. Time to change your last name to Van Houten.

At least you really did marry Lisa...


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

So, addiction really is quite the terrifying thing.

I'm on day 777 now, so it's not like I haven't been dry for quite a while. And as I've mentioned, I remember less than one dream a year; I'm not a dreamer. I'm one of those people who simply wakes up in the morning, aware that he was unconscious but unaware of anything happening between falling asleep and waking up.

And yet twice during the Europe trip I dreamed about falling off the wagon by accidentally having a drink, then saying, "Oh, well, I guess that's that!" and starting up drinking again. And it was a deep, fundamental motivation to start drinking again. And I woke up craving a drink.

Geez, brain. It's been over two years! Why you gotta be like that?

I heard about this at work some time ago and I hoped it wouldn't be something you experienced. It happens primarily with alcohol and pot for some reason(at different times in cessation, mind), possibly due to where they play in the brain.

Meh. I'm stubborn. It's more surprising that it's been so long and it's still trying that surprises me.

Kind of like that zombie you shoot in the head, cut off its arms and legs, nail to the ground with a railroad spike, and it still tries to crawl at you with its teeth...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Freehold DM wrote:
Captain Yesterday, A Team wrote:

My only goal for today was to NOT get killed or maimed.

But, between the truck without a seatbelt, the tree that's been trying to drop walnuts on my head, and the sixty foot drop off six inches off my mini bobcat path I'm beginning to wonder if that's a realistic goal.

Edit: Well, at least I have that going for me! I should send some pictures to the General.

Yikes. Time to change your last name to Van Houten.

At least you really did marry Lisa...

Except I have the skills to pull it off.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Captain Yesterday, A Team wrote:

My only goal for today was to NOT get killed or maimed.

But, between the truck without a seatbelt, the tree that's been trying to drop walnuts on my head, and the sixty foot drop off six inches off my mini bobcat path I'm beginning to wonder if that's a realistic goal.

Edit: Well, at least I have that going for me! I should send some pictures to the General.

Yikes. Time to change your last name to Van Houten.

At least you really did marry Lisa...

Except I have the skills to pull it off.

according to future Simpson's episodes, so does he.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

So, addiction really is quite the terrifying thing.

I'm on day 777 now, so it's not like I haven't been dry for quite a while. And as I've mentioned, I remember less than one dream a year; I'm not a dreamer. I'm one of those people who simply wakes up in the morning, aware that he was unconscious but unaware of anything happening between falling asleep and waking up.

And yet twice during the Europe trip I dreamed about falling off the wagon by accidentally having a drink, then saying, "Oh, well, I guess that's that!" and starting up drinking again. And it was a deep, fundamental motivation to start drinking again. And I woke up craving a drink.

Geez, brain. It's been over two years! Why you gotta be like that?

I heard about this at work some time ago and I hoped it wouldn't be something you experienced. It happens primarily with alcohol and pot for some reason(at different times in cessation, mind), possibly due to where they play in the brain.

Meh. I'm stubborn. It's more surprising that it's been so long and it's still trying that surprises me.

Kind of like that zombie you shoot in the head, cut off its arms and legs, nail to the ground with a railroad spike, and it still tries to crawl at you with its teeth...

The dreams should not last long. Keep doing what you are doing.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Items from NobodysHome's Life:
Yesterday we did our weekly game at Shiro's. I got home and my wallet was missing. So it's either in Shiro's house, Lara Croft dude's car, or it possibly fell out in the restaurant and someone picked it up.

And I just don't particularly care.

- I drive once a week (to Shiro's) and haven't been pulled over in 12 years, so lack of a license isn't a big deal. Nobody ever IDs me any more
- I can re-print my medical insurance card
- I can live without the $40 in cash
- The missing credit card has a low limit and hasn't been used yet, so I'm still assuming "lost" rather than stolen

So really, the main thing I'm missing is the old "AAA card cut in the shape of a key to your car" that I've used on more than one occasion after being locked out of the Celica. (And I carried nothing else in my wallet, because I decided I didn't like carrying a bit wallet around, so it's only, "What I need for today.")

But the fact that I can lose my wallet and just go on with my life for a couple of weeks without particularly caring does speak well of the simplicity of said life...


7 people marked this as a favorite.

Congratulations to Cap and the General!

Today was Teensy Valeros's first day of orientation, and therefore my first voluntary half-day of work.

Since Montessori kids stay in each classroom for three years (preschool to K, 1st-3rd, 4th-6th), our school does a half-day orientation week for the three-year-olds, 1st-graders, and 4th-graders. Not all the teachers have to work that week. My teaching partner and I are both off the hook, because the other two Primary teachers really wanted to do it and we really didn't. But her daughter is starting 4th grade and Val is starting 1st, so we agreed to work half-days together so we can get a jump on things and not be stressed next week during our one week of teacher inservice. And that was good, because we cleaned, organized, and reset half the classroom. Val, meanwhile, likes his new classroom and had a really good day.

And, since we only live 2 3/4 miles from school, Val and I bicycled there and back, which was pretty nice, but sweaty, because it is humid this week.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

My relief is here. Have a good day, everyone.


10 people marked this as a favorite.

Aiymi's MRI is finally approved and scheduled for later this afternoon. Hopefully it shows what's going on with her knee and is a fixable situation.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:

Congratulations to Cap and the General!

Today was Teensy Valeros's first day of orientation, and therefore my first voluntary half-day of work.

Since Montessori kids stay in each classroom for three years (preschool to K, 1st-3rd, 4th-6th), our school does a half-day orientation week for the three-year-olds, 1st-graders, and 4th-graders. Not all the teachers have to work that week. My teaching partner and I are both off the hook, because the other two Primary teachers really wanted to do it and we really didn't. But her daughter is starting 4th grade and Val is starting 1st, so we agreed to work half-days together so we can get a jump on things and not be stressed next week during our one week of teacher inservice. And that was good, because we cleaned, organized, and reset half the classroom. Val, meanwhile, likes his new classroom and had a really good day.

And, since we only live 2 3/4 miles from school, Val and I bicycled there and back, which was pretty nice, but sweaty, because it is humid this week.

Yes! More cycling!

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
Vanykrye wrote:
Aiymi's MRI is finally approved and scheduled for later this afternoon. Hopefully it shows what's going on with her knee and is a fixable situation.

Keeping my fingers crossed.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:

Congratulations to Cap and the General!

Today was Teensy Valeros's first day of orientation, and therefore my first voluntary half-day of work.

Since Montessori kids stay in each classroom for three years (preschool to K, 1st-3rd, 4th-6th), our school does a half-day orientation week for the three-year-olds, 1st-graders, and 4th-graders. Not all the teachers have to work that week. My teaching partner and I are both off the hook, because the other two Primary teachers really wanted to do it and we really didn't. But her daughter is starting 4th grade and Val is starting 1st, so we agreed to work half-days together so we can get a jump on things and not be stressed next week during our one week of teacher inservice. And that was good, because we cleaned, organized, and reset half the classroom. Val, meanwhile, likes his new classroom and had a really good day.

And, since we only live 2 3/4 miles from school, Val and I bicycled there and back, which was pretty nice, but sweaty, because it is humid this week.

proud freehold is proud.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vanykrye wrote:
Aiymi's MRI is finally approved and scheduled for later this afternoon. Hopefully it shows what's going on with her knee and is a fixable situation.

heres hoping you get some answers.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
GM Woran wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:

Congratulations to Cap and the General!

Today was Teensy Valeros's first day of orientation, and therefore my first voluntary half-day of work.

Since Montessori kids stay in each classroom for three years (preschool to K, 1st-3rd, 4th-6th), our school does a half-day orientation week for the three-year-olds, 1st-graders, and 4th-graders. Not all the teachers have to work that week. My teaching partner and I are both off the hook, because the other two Primary teachers really wanted to do it and we really didn't. But her daughter is starting 4th grade and Val is starting 1st, so we agreed to work half-days together so we can get a jump on things and not be stressed next week during our one week of teacher inservice. And that was good, because we cleaned, organized, and reset half the classroom. Val, meanwhile, likes his new classroom and had a really good day.

And, since we only live 2 3/4 miles from school, Val and I bicycled there and back, which was pretty nice, but sweaty, because it is humid this week.

Yes! More cycling!

fans self

Woran, the things you say...


2 people marked this as a favorite.

And yeah, I'll admit it. I have the luxury of being able to be pulled over, tell the officer I lost my wallet, give them my DL # (which I have memorized), name, address, and date of birth, and ask them to please look it up and verify for me...
...and they'll believe me and do it.

Trying to avoid politics as much as possible with such a post, but I am well aware that not everyone has the luxury of being able to do such things.

Side Anecdote:
And then there are the people who see persecution when there isn't any, simply because they're so accustomed to seeing it. As we tried to board our flight in Copenhagen, a fairly hostile security agent at the entry to the gate stopped us, pointed out that we didn't have the necessary stickers on our passports, and sent us to the line to get the stickers. And yes, she was definitely unnecessarily hostile. To everyone. A couple of groups behind us was a muslim woman in a hijab. I am sure that traveling is a nightmare for her. But the agent treated her exactly the same way she treated us: With overt hostility and condescension. So of course the woman believed this was because of her religion and started making a scene. Which just made things much, much worse, more security got called, and we started to worry that she'd miss the flight. Fortunately, she finally got in line behind us and got the stickers, but "just because they're usually out to get you doesn't mean they always are..."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
GM Woran wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:

Congratulations to Cap and the General!

Today was Teensy Valeros's first day of orientation, and therefore my first voluntary half-day of work.

Since Montessori kids stay in each classroom for three years (preschool to K, 1st-3rd, 4th-6th), our school does a half-day orientation week for the three-year-olds, 1st-graders, and 4th-graders. Not all the teachers have to work that week. My teaching partner and I are both off the hook, because the other two Primary teachers really wanted to do it and we really didn't. But her daughter is starting 4th grade and Val is starting 1st, so we agreed to work half-days together so we can get a jump on things and not be stressed next week during our one week of teacher inservice. And that was good, because we cleaned, organized, and reset half the classroom. Val, meanwhile, likes his new classroom and had a really good day.

And, since we only live 2 3/4 miles from school, Val and I bicycled there and back, which was pretty nice, but sweaty, because it is humid this week.

Yes! More cycling!

fans self

Woran, the things you say...

Get thee to Amsterdam, and ye will know Heaven.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:

After not having to cook for an entire month, this is my third night cooking. And I'm already reminded of why I hate it.

What IS that?
Is it spicy?
What is this stuff on it?
Well, I'll eat this part, but not the rest of it.
Do you know what we should have? (names an entirely different dish)

FML.

I'm not a bad cook. I'm not Nobody, but I fix a decent meal, and no one leaves the table hungry unless they choose to.

Kids are jerks.

I feel this so much. All the complaining about it...hah! My fam didn’t know how good they had it before my body decided food was the enemy. I can’t even stand to be around food most of the time now and they’re lucky if I cook a couple times a week and now they miss it! :P

Scarab Sages

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
NobodysHome wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
GM Woran wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:

Congratulations to Cap and the General!

Today was Teensy Valeros's first day of orientation, and therefore my first voluntary half-day of work.

Since Montessori kids stay in each classroom for three years (preschool to K, 1st-3rd, 4th-6th), our school does a half-day orientation week for the three-year-olds, 1st-graders, and 4th-graders. Not all the teachers have to work that week. My teaching partner and I are both off the hook, because the other two Primary teachers really wanted to do it and we really didn't. But her daughter is starting 4th grade and Val is starting 1st, so we agreed to work half-days together so we can get a jump on things and not be stressed next week during our one week of teacher inservice. And that was good, because we cleaned, organized, and reset half the classroom. Val, meanwhile, likes his new classroom and had a really good day.

And, since we only live 2 3/4 miles from school, Val and I bicycled there and back, which was pretty nice, but sweaty, because it is humid this week.

Yes! More cycling!

fans self

Woran, the things you say...

Get thee to Amsterdam, and ye will know Heaven.

Screw amsterdam. Remember that cycling video I posted a while back? Utrecht is where its at.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
GM Woran wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:

Congratulations to Cap and the General!

Today was Teensy Valeros's first day of orientation, and therefore my first voluntary half-day of work.

Since Montessori kids stay in each classroom for three years (preschool to K, 1st-3rd, 4th-6th), our school does a half-day orientation week for the three-year-olds, 1st-graders, and 4th-graders. Not all the teachers have to work that week. My teaching partner and I are both off the hook, because the other two Primary teachers really wanted to do it and we really didn't. But her daughter is starting 4th grade and Val is starting 1st, so we agreed to work half-days together so we can get a jump on things and not be stressed next week during our one week of teacher inservice. And that was good, because we cleaned, organized, and reset half the classroom. Val, meanwhile, likes his new classroom and had a really good day.

And, since we only live 2 3/4 miles from school, Val and I bicycled there and back, which was pretty nice, but sweaty, because it is humid this week.

Yes! More cycling!

fans self

Woran, the things you say...

Get thee to Amsterdam, and ye will know Heaven.

when I get off that plane, I want WORAN to welcome me as she is carried to the gate upon a bier on the shoulders of semi nude cyclists.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I want to PbP so badly . . . . and I just haven't yet found a game!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
lynora wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:

After not having to cook for an entire month, this is my third night cooking. And I'm already reminded of why I hate it.

What IS that?
Is it spicy?
What is this stuff on it?
Well, I'll eat this part, but not the rest of it.
Do you know what we should have? (names an entirely different dish)

FML.

I'm not a bad cook. I'm not Nobody, but I fix a decent meal, and no one leaves the table hungry unless they choose to.

Kids are jerks.

I feel this so much. All the complaining about it...hah! My fam didn’t know how good they had it before my body decided food was the enemy. I can’t even stand to be around food most of the time now and they’re lucky if I cook a couple times a week and now they miss it! :P

I am going to have to give your body a stern talking to.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
lynora wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:

After not having to cook for an entire month, this is my third night cooking. And I'm already reminded of why I hate it.

What IS that?
Is it spicy?
What is this stuff on it?
Well, I'll eat this part, but not the rest of it.
Do you know what we should have? (names an entirely different dish)

FML.

I'm not a bad cook. I'm not Nobody, but I fix a decent meal, and no one leaves the table hungry unless they choose to.

Kids are jerks.

I feel this so much. All the complaining about it...hah! My fam didn’t know how good they had it before my body decided food was the enemy. I can’t even stand to be around food most of the time now and they’re lucky if I cook a couple times a week and now they miss it! :P

I am going to have to give your body a stern talking to.

Hey, if that works, that would be great! This subsisting on less than a thousand calories a day or experiencing excruciating pain thing is getting really old. It’s been months. I’ve gotten good at finding ways to up calorie count so I’m getting 800-900/ day instead of 600-700, but obviously this is still less than ideal. I have to go to the thrift store tomorrow because my pants are all too big, which would be a bigger problem if my t-shirts weren’t now big enough to be dresses. Not a weight loss method I would wish on anyone ever. :(


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Freehold DM wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Captain Yesterday, A Team wrote:

My only goal for today was to NOT get killed or maimed.

But, between the truck without a seatbelt, the tree that's been trying to drop walnuts on my head, and the sixty foot drop off six inches off my mini bobcat path I'm beginning to wonder if that's a realistic goal.

Edit: Well, at least I have that going for me! I should send some pictures to the General.

Yikes. Time to change your last name to Van Houten.

At least you really did marry Lisa...

Except I have the skills to pull it off.
according to future Simpson's episodes, so does he.

I'm pretty sure I'm on an entirely different level then Milhouse was ever capable of.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

In a moment of supreme irony I am procrastinating signing the kiddo up for an executive function class to help them learn organizational skills and crap...yeah, kiddo definitely gets their neurotype from me. What can you do? ( apparently the answer does not include getting organized enough to get help getting organized.....)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Two steps built today, two to go.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

In all honesty, I've always hated Milhouse, so I don't really care for being compared to him.

It's all good, Freehold, you had no idea, just so long as it doesn't happen again. :-)

The General once compared me to an opposite world Homer Simpson (because I have long hair and have had over twenty different jobs) but really, there probably isn't anyone on The Simpsons I'm comparable to (I don't get as angry, and I definitely treat my wife and kids better, and I'm most definitely not lazy or adverse to exercise, I do have his tolerance for pain though, which is probably not a good thing).


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
NobodysHome wrote:

And yeah, I'll admit it. I have the luxury of being able to be pulled over, tell the officer I lost my wallet, give them my DL # (which I have memorized), name, address, and date of birth, and ask them to please look it up and verify for me...

...and they'll believe me and do it.

Trying to avoid politics as much as possible with such a post, but I am well aware that not everyone has the luxury of being able to do such things.

** spoiler omitted **

You should go to Green County with long hair.

I had people use doors on the other side of the store rather than use the door I was cheerfully holding open for them, had to verify my employment at a quarry that they let my coworker drive in and get whatever he needed on the honor system, I had a lady follow me around the store while I looked for power steering fluid, plus a lady straight up refused to to take my order at the local burger shop (but had no problem taking my coworker's order right before mine.

And this was two months ago.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
This lady keeps coming down the stairs and glaring at me on her way out to smoke. I have no idea what I did to her.
you failed to seduce her is what you did.

That was a good belly chuckle right their. The absurdity that I would fail to seduce someone that I wanted to seduce ha ha.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

But seriously I just argued with this person for 10 minutes that said they spoke to someone on the phone and made a reservation. We were sold out when they called and they spoke to a lady and we don't have any female 2nd shift people. He looked in his phone and realized we were the wrong hotel finally.... This is my life.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
Freehold DM wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
GM Woran wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:

Congratulations to Cap and the General!

Today was Teensy Valeros's first day of orientation, and therefore my first voluntary half-day of work.

Since Montessori kids stay in each classroom for three years (preschool to K, 1st-3rd, 4th-6th), our school does a half-day orientation week for the three-year-olds, 1st-graders, and 4th-graders. Not all the teachers have to work that week. My teaching partner and I are both off the hook, because the other two Primary teachers really wanted to do it and we really didn't. But her daughter is starting 4th grade and Val is starting 1st, so we agreed to work half-days together so we can get a jump on things and not be stressed next week during our one week of teacher inservice. And that was good, because we cleaned, organized, and reset half the classroom. Val, meanwhile, likes his new classroom and had a really good day.

And, since we only live 2 3/4 miles from school, Val and I bicycled there and back, which was pretty nice, but sweaty, because it is humid this week.

Yes! More cycling!

fans self

Woran, the things you say...

Get thee to Amsterdam, and ye will know Heaven.
when I get off that plane, I want WORAN to welcome me as she is carried to the gate upon a bier on the shoulders of semi nude cyclists.

Deal

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
mildly annoyed Vidmaster7 wrote:
But seriously I just argued with this person for 10 minutes that said they spoke to someone on the phone and made a reservation. We were sold out when they called and they spoke to a lady and we don't have any female 2nd shift people. He looked in his phone and realized we were the wrong hotel finally.... This is my life.

Halelulja! Cherish this rare moment.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I f+@~ing HATE Hy-Vee, just saying.

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Morning FaWtLanteans! I hope everyone is well today, and has a good day ahead of them. :) I also hope everyone had a good weekend. :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

That's like a Krogers right?

Dark Archive

3 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

OK. This weekend I managed to get us through the U.K., including sightings of the ever-mysterious LordSynos.

And... heeeeere's the UK!

Hey look, it's a-me, LordSynos! :D

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Capn Yesterday's Wedding Anniv. wrote:
Has it been 18 years already! Wow, that went by quick!

Congrats to you and your wife, Capn. :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Vidmaster7 wrote:
That's like a Krogers right?

We don't have Kroger's here but it's probably the same company.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Like how in some places it's Carl jr's and in others it Hardees.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

We're waiting for dirt.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
That's like a Krogers right?
We don't have Kroger's here but it's probably the same company.

Nope. Hy-Vee is different. Kroger owns Dillon's. Got both here.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Aha - yes. The geese fly south to Baku, and Vladmir's aunt is still sick. Is it time to make the exchange?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Scintillae wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
That's like a Krogers right?
We don't have Kroger's here but it's probably the same company.
Nope. Hy-Vee is different. Kroger owns Dillon's. Got both here.

Well Hy-Vee still f!~+ing sucks.

Scarab Sages

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber

I wish I could eat chocolate without gaining weight.

230,051 to 230,100 of 236,876 << first < prev | 4597 | 4598 | 4599 | 4600 | 4601 | 4602 | 4603 | 4604 | 4605 | 4606 | 4607 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.