Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

81,851 to 81,900 of 236,752 << first < prev | 1633 | 1634 | 1635 | 1636 | 1637 | 1638 | 1639 | 1640 | 1641 | 1642 | 1643 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Ragadolf wrote:
Moorluck wrote:
You people are crazy if the ewoks winning that fight made any sense to you. They threw stones at armored stormtroopers! Lucas is an idiot! :P

As much as I enjoyed that movie, I don't totally disagree with you. However, I have two words that you also need to consider.

David. Goliath.

Just because it's unlikely, doesn't mean it can't happen. :)

Food for thought,... ;)

Annnnd good morning all, another glorious Saturday stuck at work,...

Thank God my coffee is ready.

I remember waaaaaaay back shortly after RoTJ came out Lucas saying the he had wanted Endor to be home to the Wookies, but he could not find enough 7 ft actors to pull it off, and so the Ewoks were born. But as with all things Lucas he has since recanted that and gone with the David vs Goliath analogy.

EDIT: I'll also add that had Goliath been wearing full battle armor and carrying a blaster rifle, then we might have never heard of David. :P

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Naked Lucas hate.

Try the newest flavor of Haterade today!

The Exchange

Recently came across this debate, Wonder Woman vs. Wolverine.

Despite most of the posters being DC fans who think WW would kick Wolvies tail in a heartbeat, I disagree. It comes down to a very simple equation: Wonder Woman can NOT kill Wolverine < Wolverine CAN kill Wonder Woman.

Not saying it would be easy, but she can punch him all she wants, he's not going to stay down. On the other hand he only has to get in one good hit with those adamantium claws to put the amazon down for the long dirt nap.

Does anyone else remember the time before DC gave WW super strength and the ability to fly? Last year I read a comic where she was fighting Supergirl, and flew SG into the sun and proceeded to slap her once to knock her out. WTF?

The Exchange

Hmmm, let me thing about this.

Wolverine>Wonder Woman.

The Exchange

Wolverine<Superman

The Exchange

Wolverine>Green Arrow.

The Exchange

Wolverine>Batman AND Robin

The Exchange

Wolverine>Aquaman.

(But then again, who isn't)

The Exchange

Wolverine=Green Lantern.

The Exchange

Wolverine>Martian Manhunter.

Shadow Lodge

Yeah. I just don't like Wolverine all that much.

He's really only entertaining when he's Deadpool's straightman.

The Exchange

Wolverine>Beast Boy

Shadow Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.

Or when he's mocking Cyclops. Because everybody hates Cyclops.


LPM, Wolverine vs Deadpool?


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I have a hard time taking Wolverine seriously.

The Exchange

Orthos wrote:

Yeah. I just don't like Wolverine all that much.

He's really only entertaining when he's Deadpool's straightman.

I like Wolverine, it's Deadpool I can't stand. But Marvel has gotten carried away with bot characters being unkillable. Remember back in the Clairmont days when Wolverine would shield his eyes from machine gun fire? Now he gets burned up to nothing but his metal skeleton and heals his whole body back. :/


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Woodraven wrote:
Moorluck wrote:
You people are crazy if the ewoks winning that fight made any sense to you. They threw stones at armored stormtroopers! Lucas is a blithering idiot! :P
I blame drugs. Probably good drugs that should be shared, but drugs nonetheless.

Lucas' jackassery is well-known. Ewoks were the first disturbing symptoms of his mental instability, known as Muppetitis. The malady reached its full-blown state in Episode One with the introduction of Jar Jar.

Of course, now he laughs all the way to the bank.

A good review of Episode I (NSFW or sanity)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

As someone too broke for print comics, I like the little bits I've seen of Deadpool. Wolverine's pretty meh.

The Exchange

Woodraven wrote:
LPM, Wolverine vs Deadpool?

Wolverine. Fanboy writers aside Deadpool couldn't heal from decapitation. But there is a very slim chance he might be able to pull a fast one, but it's highly unlikely he'd get the drop on Logan.

The Exchange

Scintillae wrote:
I have a hard time taking Wolverine seriously.

LOL. :P

Shadow Lodge

Moorluck wrote:
Remember back in the Clairmont days when Wolverine would shield his eyes from machine gun fire?

Fraid not, wasn't ever very big on comics (aside from a few webcomics) to be honest. Much like Scint never had the cash for them.

That and of the ones I have seen by the time I came along he was already pretty near-invincible and unkillable.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

That said, I would pay so much to see Wolverine: the Musical.

The Exchange

As much as I like the "Ol' Canucklehead", I think they went to far with his whole unstoppable killing machine thing, that and rewriting his history was lame as hell. My opinion of course, YMMV.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I can just imagine the songs.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Oh, and we can get Deadpool to be the narrator who will ultimately be, Sondheim-style, ambushed by the characters as his fourth-wall awareness becomes contagious.

The Exchange

Deadpool is a creation of Leifield. Hence he is lame just by that standard.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

Oh, the big romantic duet from whoever will play the romantic lead...

"Can you heal from a broken heart?"
"Yep" *regen*
"Logan, you ruined the song!"
"Well, it was simply too long."

The Exchange

Wolverine<Supergirl.

Let's face it, Logan would rather sex her up than kill her.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Moorluck wrote:
Deadpool is a creation of Leifield. Hence he is lame just by that standard.

That's "Hitler ate sugar" logic.


Yep, Wolverine is a badass

The Exchange

Scintillae wrote:
Moorluck wrote:
Deadpool is a creation of Leifield. Hence he is lame just by that standard.
That's "Hitler ate sugar" logic.

*chuckle*

Leifield had this annoying habit of every character he created was "superbadasswhocanwinzagainstEVERBUHDY!".

And no matter what their power they carried a bajillion guns, and bombs, and swords, and fuel air bombs.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm admittedly not big on comics history. I just like Deadpool because he is where logic goes to die.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Who do I hate more than Deadpool?

Cable. Dear god how many cyborgs from the future who will save mutantkind do we really need?

The Exchange

Scintillae wrote:
I'm admittedly not big on comics history. I just like Deadpool because he is where logic goes to die.

I have found the character to be funny with the right writer. But I'm not a huge fan of most of Marvels writing these days.

I miss Stan Lee, he had this rule that you had to stick to what the character could do per written cannon. At least then he kept writers from having their favorite character from getting out of hand.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Nothing worse than a writer who falls in love with either his main protagonist, or his writing ability (note Lucas-above)

The Exchange

I think I'm going to play some PS3, been a couple weeks since I plugged into a game and I'm getting antsy.

The Exchange

Patrick Curtin wrote:
Nothing worse than a writer who falls in love with either his main protagonist, or his writing ability (note Lucas-above)

He not only ruins the character, he ruins the whole damn world. :/

RPG Superstar 2012

Joe Kelly's run on Deadpool was great. I recommend that run if you can find it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

That's why they should keep character sheets with their stats and power level... Writers who would deviate from this would be feed to the morlocks.


Moorluck wrote:

It would be like me having kobolds deal 12d8 points of damage with a stone thrown at your 3rd level fighter. "I'm sorry but your +1 Scale Mail is no protection against the power of pluck."

O.o

I've had too many arguments with players using that logic against giants throwing rocks for that one to work.

Also, keep in mind the armor storm troopers wear-its very powerful plastic. You'll break your freaking hand punching it, but someone so armored can't moonwalk their way through an avalanche.


Moorluck wrote:

Recently came across this debate, Wonder Woman vs. Wolverine.

Despite most of the posters being DC fans who think WW would kick Wolvies tail in a heartbeat, I disagree. It comes down to a very simple equation: Wonder Woman can NOT kill Wolverine < Wolverine CAN kill Wonder Woman.

Not saying it would be easy, but she can punch him all she wants, he's not going to stay down. On the other hand he only has to get in one good hit with those adamantium claws to put the amazon down for the long dirt nap.

Does anyone else remember the time before DC gave WW super strength and the ability to fly? Last year I read a comic where she was fighting Supergirl, and flew SG into the sun and proceeded to slap her once to knock her out. WTF?

it really really depends on who is doing the writing. I think it would be a very even fight, and I'm not one for ww having superhuman strength.


Moorluck wrote:

Wolverine>Aquaman.

(But then again, who isn't)

come now moorluck, you live along the coast as I do, you know the kind of backup aquaman has access to. It depends on where the fight was occurringand whether or not aq had that bad ass trident for a hand.


Moorluck wrote:
Wolverine>Batman AND Robin

how bout no. If there is someone who would use wolverines heightened senses against him, its the dynamic duo. Also, my man tim isn't a hothead like other robins, he'd fall back and wait for wolverine to overextend himself.


Moorluck wrote:
Wolverine>Green Arrow.

hand to hand? Ollies out of his element. At range? Ollies gotten quite good at sniping, if he's downwind wolvie would never know he was there.


Moorluck wrote:
Wolverine>Martian Manhunter.

...possibly.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Moorluck wrote:
Orthos wrote:

Yeah. I just don't like Wolverine all that much.

He's really only entertaining when he's Deadpool's straightman.

I like Wolverine, it's Deadpool I can't stand. But Marvel has gotten carried away with bot characters being unkillable. Remember back in the Clairmont days when Wolverine would shield his eyes from machine gun fire? Now he gets burned up to nothing but his metal skeleton and heals his whole body back. :/

we talked about this in the car. Yeah. Its ridiculous.


Patrick Curtin wrote:
Woodraven wrote:
Moorluck wrote:
You people are crazy if the ewoks winning that fight made any sense to you. They threw stones at armored stormtroopers! Lucas is a blithering idiot! :P
I blame drugs. Probably good drugs that should be shared, but drugs nonetheless.

Lucas' jackassery is well-known. Ewoks were the first disturbing symptoms of his mental instability, known as Muppetitis. The malady reached its full-blown state in Episode One with the introduction of Jar Jar.

Of course, now he laughs all the way to the bank.

A good review of Episode I (NSFW or sanity)

long live the jim henson creature shop!!


Moorluck wrote:

Who do I hate more than Deadpool?

Cable. Dear god how many cyborgs from the future who will save mutantkind do we really need?

i think we only had two of those. ...


Moorluck wrote:

Wolverine=Green Lantern.

did you hear that sound? Its (hal, john, guy, even *sigh* kyle) blasting wolverine at range. Repeatedly.


Drejk wrote:
That's why they should keep character sheets with their stats and power level... Writers who would deviate from this would be feed to the morlocks.

morlocks was a great limited series. Excellent writing from someone I believe i loathe. ..

81,851 to 81,900 of 236,752 << first < prev | 1633 | 1634 | 1635 | 1636 | 1637 | 1638 | 1639 | 1640 | 1641 | 1642 | 1643 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.