Keep on the Borderlands, Pathfinder Edition


Conversions

51 to 100 of 683 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

gigglestick wrote:
William Ronald wrote:
gigglestick wrote:

\I would also be interested in trying this.

you can email me at

splunge42 at yahoo dot com

Thanks

Allensh and gigglestick, check your e-mails.

I am pretty busy right now, d20PFSRD, but I hope that once I get a few things taken care of in the next few months to have some time to work on some conversions. (Hmm, maybe some of the magic items in the DMG?)

Nice. Thanks.

One question. How do the {ooooo oo} correspond to HP (in this case, 11 hp?)

Those were left over from the original module and the 3.0 conversion so one dot represents a hit point to mark off. So, use them or not.


Hey William,

if you don´t mind, as D20PFSRD can´t host your Conversion, i´d like to come back to your offer of sending them by Mail, as i´m interessted in running this Nostalgia Piece myself sometime this Year.

Spoiler:
elpakistano@hotmail.com

THX!


William Ronald wrote:
gigglestick wrote:
William Ronald wrote:
gigglestick wrote:

\I would also be interested in trying this.

you can email me at

splunge42 at yahoo dot com

Thanks

Allensh and gigglestick, check your e-mails.

I am pretty busy right now, d20PFSRD, but I hope that once I get a few things taken care of in the next few months to have some time to work on some conversions. (Hmm, maybe some of the magic items in the DMG?)

Nice. Thanks.

One question. How do the {ooooo oo} correspond to HP (in this case, 11 hp?)

No problem, I just wasn;t sure if there was something I was missing.

Very nice conversion. SOme of it is going to show up in my campaign.

Thanks

Those were left over from the original module and the 3.0 conversion so one dot represents a hit point to mark off. So, use them or not.

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I'd love to see that as well If you have time to send it.

Spoiler:
rvujs@fitlinxx.com


Me too! I'm a big fan of old school modules.

Spoiler:
meatpuppet123@hotmail.com


I believe that this is the location where the original 3.0 item could be seen...

http://www.jumpspace.net/DnD/

Liberty's Edge

Ronin84 wrote:

I believe that this is the location where the original 3.0 item could be seen...

http://www.jumpspace.net/DnD/

Correct. I used this site as a basis for my conversion. So, I kept many of the ability scores of the NPCs but made some changes in addition to making changes for the conversion. For example, I used some of the different versions of skeletons and zombies in the Bestiary. I wanted to add a few changes, and I like what Paizo did with some of the variants on traditional undead monsters.


I would be thrilled to get a copy of your conversion. Even have a group perfect for it, that I will be running Saturday the 20th.

Spoiler:
Renegade7777@comcast.net


Stebehil wrote:

Well, if you ask... I´d like a copy also :-)

** spoiler omitted **

Stefan

I'd like a copy as well, please.

Spoiler:
iwhoambob @ yahoo.com

Thanks!


Shows how much PF I've read...I just realised that the KOTB and the Caves of Chaos EXIST in Pathfinder (PF Campgain Guide: Worldwound...)

This is so getting used now!
THANKS!

Liberty's Edge

gigglestick wrote:

Shows how much PF I've read...I just realised that the KOTB and the Caves of Chaos EXIST in Pathfinder (PF Campgain Guide: Worldwound...)

This is so getting used now!
THANKS!

Both the area around the Worldwound and Lastwall would be good locations for the Keep on the Borderlands. I thought Lastwall would be a better setting for a lower level adventure as there are humanoids in the area as opposed to the demons which are dominant around the Worldwound. (For a good overview of Golarion, check out PathfinderWiki Portal:Geography. Of course, it would not be surprising if some of the rulers in the Worldwound would like to cause trouble elsewhere.

Beholderbob and DM_Blackfalcon, check your e-mails.


William Ronald wrote:
gigglestick wrote:

Shows how much PF I've read...I just realised that the KOTB and the Caves of Chaos EXIST in Pathfinder (PF Campgain Guide: Worldwound...)

This is so getting used now!
THANKS!

Both the area around the Worldwound and Lastwall would be good locations for the Keep on the Borderlands. I thought Lastwall would be a better setting for a lower level adventure as there are humanoids in the area as opposed to the demons which are dominant around the Worldwound. (For a good overview of Golarion, check out PathfinderWiki Portal:Geography. Of course, it would not be surprising if some of the rulers in the Worldwound would like to cause trouble elsewhere.

Beholderbob and DM_Blackfalcon, check your e-mails.

From the Pathfinder Campaign Setting, page 151:

"Caves of Chaos: As a fallen land infested with creatures of raw
chaos, the Worldwound spawns dungeons as fast as inhuman
monstrosities—whether demons or their lesser cousins—
can find places to hide and prey upon anything weaker than
themselves. Well-known Sarkorian holds such as Hruska’s
Mine or the Tower of Samhan Kuso are assumed to be longsince
plundered and occupied by demons and their ilk.
In truth, one of the best-known “dungeons” in the
Worldwound is on its far southern frontier, in the borderlands
area where Numeria and Ustalav meet at the junction of the
Moutray and Sellen rivers. A motley assortment of humanoid
tribes resides here in a scrub-filled valley honeycombed with
caves, sometimes fighting one another and sometimes raiding
Sarkorian refugees and other settlers in the area. Many wouldbe
heroes set out from the keep Ustalav constructed, through
the cold marshes and tamarack stands, to bring ruin to the
Caves of Chaos and those who dwell there."

Hmmmm....looks good to me!

Liberty's Edge

gigglestick wrote:
William Ronald wrote:
gigglestick wrote:

Shows how much PF I've read...I just realised that the KOTB and the Caves of Chaos EXIST in Pathfinder (PF Campgain Guide: Worldwound...)

This is so getting used now!
THANKS!

Both the area around the Worldwound and Lastwall would be good locations for the Keep on the Borderlands. I thought Lastwall would be a better setting for a lower level adventure as there are humanoids in the area as opposed to the demons which are dominant around the Worldwound. (For a good overview of Golarion, check out PathfinderWiki Portal:Geography. Of course, it would not be surprising if some of the rulers in the Worldwound would like to cause trouble elsewhere.

Beholderbob and DM_Blackfalcon, check your e-mails.

From the Pathfinder Campaign Setting, page 151:

"Caves of Chaos: As a fallen land infested with creatures of raw
chaos, the Worldwound spawns dungeons as fast as inhuman
monstrosities—whether demons or their lesser cousins—
can find places to hide and prey upon anything weaker than
themselves. Well-known Sarkorian holds such as Hruska’s
Mine or the Tower of Samhan Kuso are assumed to be longsince
plundered and occupied by demons and their ilk.
In truth, one of the best-known “dungeons” in the
Worldwound is on its far southern frontier, in the borderlands
area where Numeria and Ustalav meet at the junction of the
Moutray and Sellen rivers. A motley assortment of humanoid
tribes resides here in a scrub-filled valley honeycombed with
caves, sometimes fighting one another and sometimes raiding
Sarkorian refugees and other settlers in the area. Many wouldbe
heroes set out from the keep Ustalav constructed, through
the cold marshes and tamarack stands, to bring ruin to the
Caves of Chaos and those who dwell there."

Hmmmm....looks good to me!

Hmm, I still have to pick up the campaign setting and I am debating about waiting for the new release or not. Still, I suppose WoTC could not copyright Caves of Chaos. (Of course, I think the Keep on the Borderlands adventures can work well in either the Worldwound or Lastwall.)


I thought I might just poke my head in and mention that my old group ran a 24-hour charity event which was based on a 3.5 conversion of Keep on the Borderlands a couple years ago. The forum which tracked everything leading up to and following the event is still available here: http://www.gelatinousdudes.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=54

The big twist was that in honour of 4e coming out around the same time, we titled the event "No Country for Old Gnomes" and we limited the game to only the 3.5 core rulebook and every player's character was a Gnome.

A whole party with 20ft movement and small weapons was interesting to say the least.

I'm not sure how much work the DM put into the conversion, but since he's already converted the whole thing to 3.5, I'm sure he'd be able to offer some advice if you were interested in seeking it out.


I know this has been dead for quite a while but, I was wondering if I could possibly get a copy of the KotB conversion that was done by William Ronald as well as a copy of the ToEE conversion that was done by Jacob Blackmon?

I had actually just pulled out KotB and was considering converting it when I decided to take a look out here first and found this.

Also, ToEE has always been one of my favorite modules and when I saw that someone had converted it I was pretty excited.

Spoiler:
dchayet@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance!

Liberty's Edge

MenzelG. wrote:

I know this has been dead for quite a while but, I was wondering if I could possibly get a copy of the KotB conversion that was done by William Ronald as well as a copy of the ToEE conversion that was done by Jacob Blackmon?

I had actually just pulled out KotB and was considering converting it when I decided to take a look out here first and found this.

Also, ToEE has always been one of my favorite modules and when I saw that someone had converted it I was pretty excited.

** spoiler omitted **

Thanks in advance!

William here, glad to help.

I have found no evidence that either adventure was ever Open License. So, MenzelG., check your e-mail.

Liberty's Edge

I Happen to own the original, its much loved and sort of falling appart, I could prpbably scan it and sen you a copy.

Liberty's Edge

Hi William,

I'd be glad to have a copy of your conversion of B2.

Couldn't it be possible to host conversions on a site like d20pfsrd, if possible ?

My mail is : silenttimo(at)yahoo(dot)fr

Thanks in advance, and happy new year !


William Ronald wrote:
I plan to run a version of Keep on the Borderlands at the ENWorld Chicago Gameday on February 27th.

I'm converting B1-B3 currently in my spare time. You can get the pdfs over at 4shared.com. I just finished the castellan's stat block yesterday - I'm not sure how long it will take me to do the Caves of Chaos, but hopefully not long.


William Ronald wrote:

I ran the adventure Saturday and it went well. (I did have some last minute cancellations but managed.)

So, who would like a copy of what I worked on.

D20PFSRD.com, how would I submit a Word file to you?

I would like a copy also...

kryzbyn at cox dot net


William Ronald wrote:


William here, glad to help.

I have found no evidence that either adventure was ever Open License. So, MenzelG., check your e-mail.

I'd love a copy as well. iwhoambob @ yahoo . com


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

+1 for the KotB conversion, please! :)

To this address:
bellonarpg at gmail dot com


Okay, a little bit of a rant...

I was one of the people who wanted to see a copy of the KotB conversion and then I really got to thinking about this. If everyone who wanted a copy of the conversion (I think I counted like 16 of us) had just gotten together and worked on it as a group, the entire thing could have been done pretty quickly...and probably done in more detail (convert all the words as well as the stat blocks).

Just a thought but, if there's a module someone would like to convert, maybe put the word out there and see if maybe some folks could help and get it done!!


Has anyone else put in work on conversions, or should that be asked in another part of the forums?

Liberty's Edge

I will try to catch up to the requests this weekend.

Perhaps people can share their experiences of having run conversions of the adventure?


I too would love to recieve a copy. Thanks.

Spoiler:
gambit427@gmail.com


I would like of copy sent to me as well, if it wouldn't be a problem.

Spoiler:
gregfoster63@yahoo.com


Please send a copy to me as well

Spoiler:
jotunvenn@gmail.com

Liberty's Edge

Okay, check your e-mail. Remember, it is in Word format.

I made a few changes here and there with encounters, but you should be able to run it pretty easily.


Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Lost Omens Subscriber

may I ask for it as well?

:
stefanbeate at gmx dot de

Dark Archive

Hi William,

I would like to take a look too. Thanks in advance!

email:
denniscolburn@gmail.com

Liberty's Edge

silenttimo wrote:

Hi William,

I'd be glad to have a copy of your conversion of B2.

Couldn't it be possible to host conversions on a site like d20pfsrd, if possible ?

My mail is : silenttimo(at)yahoo(dot)fr

Thanks in advance, and happy new year !

Hi William,

not sure you read my message !

I'm in for a copy of your conversion !

Grand Lodge

Hi. I would like a copy of your conversion too, please.

email:
andoranyorgi@gmail.com

Thanks!


Would love a copy too, please.

Spoiler:
maxwelljoslyn (AT) gmail (DOT) com


+1 Me too please...

email:
tburke0(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Many thanks

Scarab Sages

I'd also love a copy

Email

Spoiler:
bluehead69@yahoo.com

I'm thinking of doing a conversion of the Sinister Secret of Salt Marsh-The Danger At Dunwater-the Final Enemy),
Baltron's Beacon and a bunch of the UK modules, which were simply superb (All that Glitters..., Ravager of Time, Dark Clouds Gather).

I ran a 3.X version of White Plume, and converted Ghost Tower of Inverness.
Both were a blast.

-Uriel


Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber

I converted B2 for 3.5 on Fantasy Grounds for a group of mine. Unfortunately for me I can't print out an adventure on Fantasy Grounds, so I'd love to get a copy of your Pathfinder conversion.

email:
etillemans@aol.com

Liberty's Edge

Okay, check your e-mail.

Uriel, good going!!


Yeah Im digging the notion of these as well, would be curious what you've done with the place :p

email:

nikolausb@hotmail.com


Hey William,

Could you send me a copy plz

I'm a sucker for conversions

EMAIL:
meatpuppet123@hotmail.com

Liberty's Edge

I'm getting ready to start a new Pathfinder campaign and would love to use The Keep as the first adventure!

If I could, I'd love a copy as well!

here:
marc_radle at verizon dot net


I'm getting ready to bring a couple players into the Pathfinder fold, and as such I would greatly appreciate a copy to get things rolling.

Email:
kryptik13@gmail.com


I'd love a new copy as well

Sounds like a great romp. (And KOTB was pretty much required adventuring for EVERY 1E party we were in back then)

Spoiler:
gigglestick42@yahoo.com


William Ronald wrote:

I plan to run a version of Keep on the Borderlands at the ENWorld Chicago Gameday on February 27th. So far, my conversion is coming along well (especially considering I can't find my copy of the original module and had to use a Fantasy Hero PDF and a 3E conversion document. However, I thought I would ask some questions and share some of my ideas.

I ran my players through the 'Return to KotB' a few years back and we had a blast. Only one player death due to the shadows vs. an overeager Rogue.

Please send me a copy of your conversion to: Coolaid20@hotmail.com


I'd like copy

Spoiler:
steelfire_dragon@yaoo.com


I would love a Copy as well thank you for all your hard work William

E-Mail:
kendellen@aol.com.


Not to be a bother, but could you please send me a copy as well? I'd love to give my players a little taste of how things were done back in the day, since most of them didn't start playing until 3.5.

Much appreciated!

:
ardentpurple@gmail.com

Liberty's Edge

I will try to send out some copies tomorrow or this weekend.

I am busy with a few things. I would LOVE to know if Keep on the Borderlands ever became Open Content. If it did, I would love to have it hosted by D20PFSRD.


Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber
William Ronald wrote:

I will try to send out some copies tomorrow or this weekend.

I am busy with a few things. I would LOVE to know if Keep on the Borderlands ever became Open Content. If it did, I would love to have it hosted by D20PFSRD.

It is not open content.


which means it would have to be renamed and the maps changed around.... and then maybe get distributed by Paizo.

one can dream...

51 to 100 of 683 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Conversions / Keep on the Borderlands, Pathfinder Edition All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.