Pathfinder Adventure Path #142: Gardens of Gallowspire (Tyrant's Grasp 4 of 6)

Pathfinder Adventure Path #142: Gardens of Gallowspire (Tyrant's Grasp 4 of 6)

Add Print Edition $24.99

Add PDF $17.99

Facebook Twitter Email

A Clash of Titans

The Whispering Tyrant is free! The time to strike against him is now, before he recovers his full might and his long-dormant armies. Arazni, fallen demigoddess and queen of the dead lands of Geb, presents the heroes with a daring plan. The heroes must enter the dangerous land of Virlych, pass the bizarre profusion of alien plants and mutated wildlife around the Whispering Tyrant's former prison, and disable his arcane protections so that Arazni and the heroes can face the lich in battle. Yet Arazni's undead bodyguard-jailors seek to drag her back to Geb, and the remaining knights of Lastwall perceive both liches as their enemies. The heroes must navigate threats from both the living and the dead to stop the Whispering Tyrant from extending his grasp even further!

This volume of Pathfinder Adventure Path continues the Tyrant's Grasp Adventure Path and includes:

  • "Gardens of Gallowspire," a Pathfinder RPG adventure for 11th-level characters, by Crystal Frasier.
  • An examination of the staggering fecundity and variety of carnivorous plants, by Andrew Mullen.
  • A series of short missions wherein the PCs confront the Whispering Way's insidious and pervasive attacks on the nation of Lastwall, by Ron Lundeen.
  • An article on the Whispering Tyrant's witchgates, powerful magic wards that redirect teleportation and harbor powerful and rare guardians, by Christopher Wasko.
  • A bestiary of fearsome monsters, including a magically animated armory, a daemon that preys upon worry, a cold-weather plant with a taste for blood, a dazzlingly magical but deadly beast, and a gnome wrenched away from the Bleaching into undeath, by Crystal Frasier, Andrew Mullen, Emily Parks, and Rhett Skubis.

ISBN-13: 978-1-64078-134-4

Note: This product is part of the Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscription.

Product Availability

Print Edition:

Available now

Ships from our warehouse in 1 to 5 business days.

PDF:

Fulfilled immediately.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZO90142


See Also:

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

51 to 72 of 72 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Abandoned Armoury NE

Anisydaemon NE (who'd have thought?) Worry daemons. Causes stress and can possess your shadow.

Cauldron Bloom N

Etoiling Mortic CN warped bleached gnomes who leak bleaching etoplasm and have bardic casting.

Furcifer CN


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I really like the end of the adventure, a nice twist I thought.


Thank you Purity. *will now look for ways of adding in Abandoned Armoury as part of a cache of stuff* :)

Also Worry daemon is NICE! :D

Shadow Lodge

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

How about that bat thing on the cover?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

A nightwing, nothing exciting.

Shadow Lodge

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

So what I thought. Oh well.

How’s the adventure look in general?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I'm not a fan of Tyrant's Grasp to be honest, so not great.

Of course, ymmv so don't take my word for it.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

The feeling I'm getting with this AP (and some recent ones), and I didn't get with for example Rise of the Runelords, Curse of the Crimson Throne, Kingmaker or Reign of Winter is that they're the NPCs stories and the PCs are only incidental to them. And honestly, may have worked better as novels.

To be fair though, I played Rise and DMd Curse, and I haven't reread Kingmaker or Reign in a while so that may skew my perception.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Spoiler:
Well since Arazni is gone at the end of this chapter that's no longer an issue.

Contributor

2 people marked this as a favorite.
The Gold Sovereign wrote:
Did the plants articles actually turn out to be interesting?

I'll leave the evaluation by the side given that I wrote it! That said, in addition to what one would expect from an ecology article, it's got:

—A little bit about how to handle speaking with plants.
—Several adventure seeds and location details, including a peek at Arcadia.
—Two templates: one that create intelligent plants, and one that give plants an aura that both makes nearby plant life grow extremely quickly and develop into independent plant creatures.


Is there any information about Arazni's ethnicity (other than Arcadian)?


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

The next module probably will have more about that.


Release the PDF !!!!

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

It's been released?

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber; Starfinder Superscriber
HTD wrote:
Is there any information about Arazni's ethnicity (other than Arcadian)?

No. Even the language list in her stat block had only languages that have appeared in print before.

Media Specialist, SmiteWorks USA (Fantasy Grounds)

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hi, all! This is now available for purchase from Fantasy Grounds or on Steam. Sync your account first to get it a discount equivalent to the PDF Price ($17.99)

Pathfinder RPG - The Tyrant's Grasp AP 4: Gardens of Gallowspire
Publisher: Paizo Inc.
System: Pathfinder RPG and D&D 3.5/ OGL
Type: Adventure
Get it on Steam


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Arazni was the most compelling character in the AP.

It's a shame she's out of the rest of the books. They really could have used the structure of having her continued patronage and presence moving the players through. It's a major misstep to just toss one of the most nuanced characters PF has introduced to Golarion in a long, long time like this. Having gone through both 5 and 6 now, having Arazni available for keeping the players on track and providing them a reason to do the (thing that happens in 6) would have helped a lot, particularly given that, for example, no one in my playgroup cares about Absalom. I doubt many players outside of PFS have even heard of it. Personally, I wonder why it can't take care of the Tyrant itself.

Obviously it's too late to do anything about here, but maybe in the future PF can keep its genuinely compelling characters around and utilize them more effectively.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
xeose4 wrote:
for example, no one in my playgroup cares about Absalom. I doubt many players outside of PFS have even heard of it.

lol what?

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Rysky wrote:
xeose4 wrote:
for example, no one in my playgroup cares about Absalom. I doubt many players outside of PFS have even heard of it.
lol what?

To be fair he's not wrong my groups had to be reminded what that place was when I mentioned they go there. Unless you read about it through the setting guide or the pfs scenarios it hasent really came up much (I think one module thats been kinda semi retconned?)

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Kevin Mack wrote:
Rysky wrote:
xeose4 wrote:
for example, no one in my playgroup cares about Absalom. I doubt many players outside of PFS have even heard of it.
lol what?
To be fair he's not wrong my groups had to be reminded what that place was when I mentioned they go there. Unless you read about it through the setting guide or the pfs scenarios it hasent really came up much (I think one module thats been kinda semi retconned?)

It's in the center of the Inner Sea map. Not running anything there is a world's difference than no one outside of PFS has heard of it.

And then there's the Starstone

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Rysky wrote:
Kevin Mack wrote:
Rysky wrote:
xeose4 wrote:
for example, no one in my playgroup cares about Absalom. I doubt many players outside of PFS have even heard of it.
lol what?
To be fair he's not wrong my groups had to be reminded what that place was when I mentioned they go there. Unless you read about it through the setting guide or the pfs scenarios it hasent really came up much (I think one module thats been kinda semi retconned?)

It's in the center of the Inner Sea map. Not running anything there is a world's difference than no one outside of PFS has heard of it.

And then there's the Starstone

Which they havent really done anything with outside PFS. So while I would agree saying never heard about it is a bit much I can understand why some people may not really have much knowledge of the place and need a reminder of what/where it is.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Kevin Mack wrote:
Rysky wrote:
Kevin Mack wrote:
Rysky wrote:
xeose4 wrote:
for example, no one in my playgroup cares about Absalom. I doubt many players outside of PFS have even heard of it.
lol what?
To be fair he's not wrong my groups had to be reminded what that place was when I mentioned they go there. Unless you read about it through the setting guide or the pfs scenarios it hasent really came up much (I think one module thats been kinda semi retconned?)

It's in the center of the Inner Sea map. Not running anything there is a world's difference than no one outside of PFS has heard of it.

And then there's the Starstone

Which they havent really done anything with outside PFS. So while I would agree saying never heard about it is a bit much I can understand why some people may not really have much knowledge of the place and need a reminder of what/where it is.

And that's fair.

51 to 72 of 72 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Adventure Path #142: Gardens of Gallowspire (Tyrant's Grasp 4 of 6) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.