vhok's page

Organized Play Member. 504 posts. No reviews. No lists. No wishlists. 4 Organized Play characters.


RSS

1 to 50 of 504 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

You will still have the materials required so you can cast the spell and try again.


Cevah wrote:
blahpers wrote:
Immediate action spellcasting is still spellcasting and thus still requires concentration. Literally nothing suggests that feather fall is an exception. I'm at a loss as to the purpose of this thread or its revival.

While it is still spellcasting, I have always seen it played as the immediate action happens before the thing you activate it for. Therefore, when you realize that you are about to fall, you are not yet falling and thus don't need the concentration check to cast Feather Fall.

Attacks of Opportunities also are wonky that way. They resolve before the action that triggered it.

/cevah

Even if that worked on feather fall (which I don’t think it does because feather fall wears off when u touch the ground so casting it just before the pit opens means it immediately stops), there are situations where you have to cast feather falling as you fall and you have no time to do it before your airborne which would then require a cc.


You are not proficient with improvised weapons that only gives you a single improvised weapon not all of them


This is the rules forums you can’t just make up new races “outsider(orc)”??? If he counts as an orc he is also humanoid. That’s how it works


He is correct about the scion of humanity but you already count as orc(humanoid) from the bloodline. So you can use enlarge already


You are a human that counts as also a triefling. That’s all you get. You can take tiefling feats if you now meet the other requirements and pick up a race trait. Spells and abilities target you as a tiefling. You get nothing from the tiefling race racial traits( this is different from the race traits) I know they have almost the same name but it is not the same thing


That’s a lot of words that mean nothing to me. What are you saying?


If I have 8 str do I multiply the -1 damage on crits? I always have but lately I heard u don’t.


so the Rondelero Swashbuckler has the following ability.

Falcata Emphasis (Ex): At 1st level, a rondelero swashbuckler is proficient with falcatasUE and can treat a falcata as a one-handed piercing melee weapon for the purposes of the swashbuckler’s finesse as well as all feats and class abilities that refer to such a weapon. This ability replaces the derring-do deed.

would this allow him to use a large size falcata in 2 hands and treat it as a 1handed piercing weapon?


Sunnysideup wrote:

These spells are stupid for this reason, being consistent within a universe is important. It’s the same magic, doing the same thing, the rules should be the same. No matter how you look at it, the differences aren’t justified.

Our party houseruled the size of the projectile dictates damage because these spells are stupid.

5 year raise dead spell. Well done


You can 5foot step in a surprise round and he cannot he flat footed, he would have an immediate action and he would lose his swift from his next turn. He doesn’t need a turn in the surprise round to lose the next turns swift action that just happens whenever his next turn occurs. So I would of allowed it


He would register as LN


Yep it replaces dex for cha so it works


I thought you can trip things flying with wings


1 person marked this as a favorite.

You only pay the movement cost for the square you enter


MerlinCross wrote:
vhok wrote:
i don't see the issue? is it a splash weapon? yes it is. what more is there to discuss?
Because when I looked it up the only thing I could find was a discussion about Pellet Grenades

no one is discussing it because its clear how it works :)


i don't see the issue? is it a splash weapon? yes it is. what more is there to discuss?


i remember this was faq'd and they said it stacks with bloodrager draconic

faq


headbands don't even give you more skill points towards your leveling ammount per say. just the skills built into it. but it does give you your full hd into that skill


Meirril wrote:
Alenvire wrote:

So with buffs you get from headband of vast intellect +2 or greater you get 1 (or more) skill point after 24 hours of wearing it. What of the reverse? Do you lose skill points? If I have a ring of the beast +4 Dex, -2 INT or have just taken -6 int from a debuff and cant heal it off before the next day, would I lose skill points?

If so, do I decide where they come from? The GM? Is there any official rule I just can't find somewhere? Thanks all for the help.

Actually that is poorly worded and can be easily interpreted to have the wrong meaning.

If you have been using something that gives you an int adjustment for 24 hours or more your int score is treated as the new value the next time you level (and the next time you prepare spells). It doesn't cause your existing pool of skill points to increase or shrink other than what happens when you level.

So if you happened to get cursed with -6 int you probably want to get rid of that before you level up. Or memorize spells. And if your int falls below 3 you can't use language, so you can't speak or cast spells (with a verbal component). Like any stat drain, you want to get this cured quick!

Anyways, the short answer is no.

you are wrong about everything you said basically.

headbands of vast int are retroactive i have no idea where you got this "as you level" thing you keep talking about but that is absolutely not how it works in pathfinder.

This intricate gold headband is decorated with several small blue and deep purple gemstones.

The headband grants the wearer an enhancement bonus to Intelligence of +2, +4, or +6. Treat this as a temporary ability bonus for the first 24 hours the headband is worn. A headband of vast intelligence has one skill associated with it per +2 bonus it grants. After being worn for 24 hours, the headband grants a number of skill ranks in those skills equal to the wearer’s total Hit Dice. These ranks do not stack with the ranks a creature already possesses. These skills are chosen when the headband is created. If no skill is listed, the headband is assumed to grant skill ranks in randomly determined Knowledge skills.


i do not know for sure. but something like this would add too much complexity to the game. which skills lose the points how many from each skill etc. so i will say it does not make u have less skill points for simplisitys sake.


SorrySleeping wrote:


Also also, make sure you are using summon monster correctly. It is a full round action, meaning you start it on your turn, and your monster isn't summoned until the start of your next turn.

summon spells are NOT a full round action. full round actions end on the turn you activate them. its a 1round action which finishes at the start of your next turn.


tremor sense only tells you what square someone occupies it does nothing to mirror image.


blind sight does not work through ground


it does not deal typed damage and must target living creatures.


LordKailas wrote:
vhok wrote:


you are very incorrect all healing is positive energy damage which heals living and harms undead. same as negative energy damage heals undead and harms living.

So, when I use treat deadly wounds to heal someone it's considered positive energy? So, I can use the heal skill to directly damage undead by wrapping bandages on it's hand?

Not all healing is positive energy. Healing is healing and some of it is positive energy and some of that positive energy also harms undead.

Infernal healing doesn't use positive energy, if anything it uses negative energy to heal living creatures, but that's only if you assume holy = positive energy and unholy = negative energy, which I don't believe is true either.

Also, as pointed out, when a good aligned cleric channels to heal living creatures that positive energy they are throwing around does nothing against undead. Conversely, if they channel to harm undead that positive energy doesn't heal their allies.

ok if you wanna be a douche about it. obviously i'm talking about magical healing your bandage example has no bearing on this situation as my bomb is clearly magic and not wrapping someone up and laying them down in a bed to heal.

just because they didnt want channel to be super OP they made it 4 seperate things instead of just 2 which does make it more confusing

infernal healing gives fast heal so yes its positive energy.

pos and neg energy


1 person marked this as a favorite.

if its forcing a choice then it is altering that feature.


blahpers wrote:
Quote:
so as most people know by now all healing in the pathfinder universe is actually positive energy DAMAGE. which heals living and harms undead with this in mind my 2 questions are.

This is incorrect. Healing cures damage--it is not itself damage. When certain types of healing (e.g., cure light wounds) are used against undead, it deals damage to them instead, but that doesn't make the healing itself damage. What's more, there are types of healing that do not deal damage to undead, such as when a cleric channels energy to heal living creatures.

To the questions:

1. No. If you choose to use healing bomb, you replace the existing bomb effect with that of a cure spell or potion.
2. Yes, since it's an attack roll. It'd be similar to a cleric critically hitting with her touch attack to cast cure light wounds on a skeleton. Note that this would not affect the amount of hit points regained if you healing-bomb'd an ally.

you are very incorrect all healing is positive energy damage which heals living and harms undead. same as negative energy damage heals undead and harms living.

and yes healing spells deal positive energy damage. thats why they can harm undead. its also why they heal living. because positive energy damage heals living.

think of it like a monster that has cold absorption. you hit it with a cone of cold and it will heal. your spell deals damage but healed him. thats positive energy on living creatures.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Throw Anything (Ex): All alchemists gain the Throw Anything feat as a bonus feat at 1st level. An alchemist adds his Intelligence modifier to damage done with splash weapons, including the splash damage if any. This bonus damage is already included in the bomb class feature.

the throw anything feature is where alch get the int to splash weapons(which bombs and healing bombs are) its already included in the bomb description but its is not FROM the bomb itself.


i have recently made an alchemist and i have a few questions about healing bomb

When the alchemist creates a bomb, he can choose to have it heal damage instead of dealing it. Creating a healing bomb requires the alchemist to expend an infused extract (APG 31) or potion containing a cure spell. A creature that takes a direct hit from a healing bomb is healed as if she had imbibed the infusion or potion used to create the bomb. Creatures in the splash radius are healed for the minimum amount of damage the cure spell is capable of healing. A healing bomb damages undead instead of healing them.

so as most people know by now all healing in the pathfinder universe is actually positive energy DAMAGE. which heals living and harms undead with this in mind my 2 questions are.

1: do i add my int to the positive energy damage my bomb deals?

2: can my positive energy damage bomb crit the main target i have to land an attack on?


my reading of Wild Fighting is it needs you to NOT be raging.
even when NOT raging barbarians can still do things, you can use this ability. is my read on it


how do u plan on using them together? one can only be used while raging(which must be turned on before you begin your full attack because it gives a -2 to all attacks) and the other req you to NOT be raging.


it is only talking about the -2 for wrong size, not being able to use a large size 2h weapon is not a penalty in any way shape or form


He takes the “passing through” damage on cast but not for leaving its area because that’s not going through it


1 person marked this as a favorite.

If it is something the player will know if he fails or succeeds his save either way just say what it is. It saves time rather than having them announce every save bonus they have


Channel doesn’t provoke so this made up abitlity to use it in the different way also should not provoke and nothing else in this ability provokes so looks like a no to me


There is no rule about not being able to cast if your alignment is off for the cleric. So unless that’s part of the vigilante.........


if the line you drew is one of the ones shown on the page you linked you did it right. and yes all those lines are 3 line chunks out to 30feet, you can keep extending them farther if your line is longer, they call it the 3 square rule because people didn't use to have a computer to look up this stuff but that was just a term we used for it not a real term for it.


I feel like the OP thinks cackle is a passive ability that increases the hex durations by 1 each rather than an activated that can make a 1 round hex last forever


I can't even find this ability listed in the solar bloodline?


you need a citation to prove that separate squares are separate? webs are just a natural things in the world when a square of web catches on fire all the webs connected to it do not instantly erupt into flames, each square slowly burns the squares beside it each round traveling out. it is not 1 entity.

but for an example question lets picture a huge creature that's touching 2 squares of web one square is in his top right square and the other is the bottom left square. they are not connected in any way but both are on fire. but only 1 square harms him? doesn't seem right to me


burning webs is not a spell or an AOE effect. its a web that's burning, you can't compare it to a fireball and say it makes sense. each square of web is a separate effect and each square could be burning or not burning for different reasons. each square your in hits you for 2d4


reach weapon, whirlwind attack, lunge, combat reflexes, enlarge person, long arm and you can also go bloodrager theres 2 bloodlines that increase your natural reach by 5feet.


in order to see the bottom of the pit the spell caster must be beside the pit and also means they are ending their turn beside the pit, get ready for reflex saves or falling in


racial heritage


no the first attack breaks invis


1 person marked this as a favorite.

they reinforce rules in some abilities just to make sure people know you can use it that way. not because it is an exception. the rule for immediate actions is....

Immediate Action

An immediate action is very similar to a swift action, but can be performed at any time—even if it’s not your turn

however some people think you can't interrupt actions that have multiple parts, like attack rolls and then damage rolls, even though you can.


you can do immediates after the attack roll before damage to change the result, there are some examples of that like....

Blood Deflection (Su): At 7th level, as an immediate action a steelblood can sacrifice a bloodrager spell slot to gain a deflection bonus to AC equal to the level of the spell sacrificed. The deflection bonus lasts until the start of his next turn. This ability can be applied after an attack roll is made against the steelblood, allowing the steelblood to convert a hit into a miss if the deflection bonus is high enough. This ability replaces damage reduction.

as far as I am concerned you can do windy escape in the same manner


wondrous items auto adjust their size based on the wearer


1 person marked this as a favorite.

if you have a head slot and someone puts it on for you after

1 to 50 of 504 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>