Sushewakka's page

93 posts. No reviews. No lists. No wishlists.


RSS

1 to 50 of 93 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

Good job with the guide, Revel. There's one thing I want to point out though, and it is that I believe you can probably move the Pummeling Style feat chain to lower levels, due to the use of a semicolon, the oxford comma, and an "or" in the Feat prerequisite description. I'll explain:

A regular feat, for which you need to meet all prerequisites, looks like this:

"Paralyzing Strike (Combat)"
Prerequisites: Dex 13, Wis 13, Improved Unarmed Strike, base attack bonus +14.

Feats that have two optional prerequisites after a list of pre-requisites, it looks like this:

"Counterpunch (Combat)"
Prerequisites: Dex 18, Combat Reflexes, Improved Unarmed Strike, Weapon Focus (unarmed strike); base attack bonus +16 or brawler level 12th.

The fixed prerequisites are before the semicolon, whereas the optional prerequisites are after the semicolon.

Which then takes us to how the pre-requisites of the Pummeling Style are written:

"Pummeling Style (Combat, Style)"
Prerequisites: Improved Unarmed Strike; base attack bonus +6, brawler's flurry class feature, or flurry of blows class feature.

Notice how the BAB bonus and flurry features are after the semicolon, and listed with an oxford coma. If we follow the logic of the precedent feats, the semicolon and oxford coma indicate that that you only have to meet one of the three prerequisites listed after (one of the flurries, or BAB 6).

Therefore, you can start building the chain as soon as lvl 1 (you meet the prerequisites of Improved Unarmed Strike and Flurry of Blows), and get to pummeling charge at lvl 9 (you don't need pummeling bully for pummeling charge, and the need of adquiring improved reposition for pummeling bully makes it so you need Int 13, which makes the monk even more MAD).


shroudb wrote:
Sushewakka wrote:


You don't get to add str times 1.5 to finesse weapons. Power Attack scales 1:2 ins

tead of 1:3 with finesse weapons.

Actually I was looking at this today for a pirate NPC.

Slashing grace simply says that you use Dex instead of str.

Wouldn't that mean that it deals 1.5x my Dex if I twohand the cutlass?

(Omg an actual rules question in this thread)

No, it doesn't, because of the bolded part in the following quote:

"Slashing Grace (Combat)" wrote:

You can stab your enemies with your sword or another slashing weapon.

Prerequisites: Dex 13, Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus with chosen weapon.

Benefit: Choose one kind of one-handed slashing weapon (such as the longsword). When wielding your chosen weapon one-handed, you can treat it as a one-handed piercing melee weapon for all feats and class abilities that require such a weapon (such as a swashbuckler's or a duelist's precise strike) and you can add your Dexterity modifier instead of your Strength modifier to that weapon's damage. The weapon must be one appropriate for your size.

EDIT: Darn, Ninja'd


Tarantula wrote:
Nicos wrote:
There is a mixed message when in the same book a single feat allow Oracles to add his cha bonus to all saves.

Paladins also add CHA to all saves as a class ability. There is precedent there.

A mithril full-plate fighter could get up to a +7 dex bonus from armor training and mithril. With feats like these, he can also be having the +7 to hit and +7 for damage as well. Strength effectively becomes irrelevant.

You don't get to add str times 1.5 to finesse weapons. Power Attack scales 1:2 instead of 1:3 with finesse weapons.


Since we focused our early kingdom building on economy, we went for Helvetia.
Cities include Malt (our capital, named so because of the brewery), Olegoton (take a guess), The Vatican (built on the Old Temple of Erastil), Machete (A logging city built in the ruins of the Fey-infested keep), and Puerto Banús (also known as Stockyard City, a city which consist of a stockyard and not much else, completely surrounded by farms).


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Secane wrote:
OOHHhhh, look! Ever-chill FÄRGRIK beer tankards! Only 5gp!

Crafting Requirements: Caster Level 1, prestidigitation


Low priced magic items are readily available, as per the settlement rules. Since the party has access to teleport and excellent diplocamy rolls, high price magic items are specifically commissioned to spellcasters in metropolii, and the money is paid up front (so they have a delay in which they need to go adventuring with sub-par gear while they leave the good stuff at Katapesh or Absalom for enchanting). Then it's just a matter of putting the clock pressure on them to see if they're willing to wait for the stuff (and make the encounters proportionally more difficult because their opponents also get more time to get ready) or if they're willing to tackle the middle of the module with sub-par gear in order to save time.


I have a question for all the people saying that, by RAI, it should only work with unarmed strikes: The Brawler's Flurry works not only with unarmed strikes, but also with weapons of the Close group and with shields. Pummeling strike lists "flurry of blows OR brawler's flurry" in its prerrequisites. Considering the brawler's flurry has weapon attacks baked in, how can it be that RAI doesn't include weapons?


My opinion on this: rework the crit clause so it only works with unarmed strikes and make it option 3. This way every class gets access to pounce via Pummeling charge -giving TWF a much needed boost- and monks still get added benefit by pummeling people.


Yes. You can. Relevant text in the PRD:

Quote:
Some feats have prerequisites. Your character must have the indicated ability score, class feature, feat, skill, base attack bonus, or other quality designated in order to select or use that feat. A character can gain a feat at the same level at which he gains the prerequisite.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Samy wrote:
Nicos wrote:
The best thing to have is variety.
Then who's the Seoni of the new iconics?

Crowe.


I just realized. She's wearing an armored coat. That's nifty.


Artanthos wrote:

I am curious how many people remember this part of the spell while at the game table.

Quote:
A creature whose type is different from the caster's receives a +4 bonus on its saving throw, because humor doesn't “translate” well.

I do it all the time when I use it with my Bard, because I like my players to come clean with the drawbacks when I GM, so I offer the same courtesy to the GM when I play.


So, you hold the rod in one hand, and the acid flask in the other... which leaves you with no free hands to cast the spell. I know there are ways around this, but you might want to consider this factor.


6 people marked this as a favorite.

One thing I'd love Fighters to get, is the following:

Weapon training grants proficiency with all weapons in the group the fighter is not already proficient with. In addition, feats that apply to a weapon in the chosen Weapon Group now apply to all weapons in the group. This in addition to the regular benefits of Weapon Training.

I also have an idea about "Martial Masteries", special features the Fighter would get to choose from a list at every four levels, including but not limited to (this are rough sketches, prone to revision, but offer a gist of the idea):

Forge Master: The Fighter is not only a master of wielding weapons and armor, but also a master at their fabrication. He gains Craft Magic arms and Armor as a bonus feat, even if he does not meet the prerrequisites. For the purposes of this feat, treat the Fighter's BAB as his caster level. Choose Craft (Weaponsmith), Craft (Bowyer), or Craft (Armorsmith). The Fighter raises his ranks in the skill to a value equal to his Fighter level, and he may use his Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution modifier in place of his Intelligence modifier for such skill. At level 10 and 15, he may choose another of the skills listed. You must be level 5 before picking this Martial Mastery.

Cavalry Master: The Fighter has mastered the intricacies of mounted combat. He gains a Mount (equal to the Cavalier Feature), and his Fighter levels are treated as Cavalier/Druid levels for the purposes of this mount's progression. He gains a bonus to his Ride Skill equal to half his Fighter level. He may gain a feat of his choice, as long as he meets the prerrequisites for it and one of the prerrequisites of the feat is Mounted Combat (or a feat that has Mounted Combat as a prerrequisite). The fighter must have the Mounted Combat feat to choose this Martial Mastery.

Physical Mastery: The Fighter's training has made him able to perform tasks of raw physicality unavailable to most people. He gains a bonus equal to half his BAB to Acrobatics, Climb, and Swim checks. At level 4, level 11, and level 18, choose one of the three mentioned skills: The Fighter increases his ranks in the skill to a value equal to his Fighter levels. In addition, he gains one of the following benefits, based on the chosen skill:

Acrobatics: The Fighter treats all falling damage as if all dice rolled 1. In addition, once per day, plus one additional time for each four levels in Fighter, he does not provoke attacks of opportunity when standing up from a prone position or moving through threatened squares. Finally, once per day at level 7 plus one additional time per day every four levels thereafter, the Fighter may perform an astounding leap, moving vertically a distance equal to his base movement. This allows him to charge vertically against flying targets.
Climb: The Fighter gains the Soften Fall ability (as the monk). In addition, he no longer loses his dexterity bonus to AC when climbing, and may move at half his speed (rather than one quarter). In addition, he may use Spider Climb once per day, plus an additional time for each four levels in Fighter, as an Extraordinary ability, using his Fighter levels as caster level.
Swim: The Fighter multiplies his Con value by 4 when determining how long he can hold his breath, and he adds his Fighter levels to his constitution value for this. The Fighter gains a Swim speed equal to one half his base speed; this does not allow him to breathe underwater. In addition, once per day, plus one additional time for every four fighter levels, the fighter may fight underwater as if he had the benefits of a Freedom of Movement spell, treating his Fighter levels as the caster level of the spell. This is an Extraordinary ability.

Army Mastery: The Fighter knows his way around an army camp. Increase his ranks in Proffesion (Soldier) to a value equal to his Fighter level. The Fighter gains a bonus equal to his Fighter level to Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, and Sense Motive rolls that involve treating with military, and may replace his charisma modifier with his Stregth, Dexterity, or Constitution modifier (player's choice) for these interactions. In addition, he gains Leadership as a bonus feat, even if he does not meet the prerrequisites, and he may use his Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution modifiers in place of his Charisma modifier when determining his leadership score. A Fighter must be level 7 to choose this martial mastery.

Fearful Reputation: The Fighter's Mastery at arms is well known, and his reputation precedes him. The Fighter gains the Frightful Presence Extraordinary ability. He may use his Strength or Dexterity modifiers in place of his Charisma modifier in order to determine the ability's DC. In addition, the Fighter may use the Demoralize effect of the Intimidate skill once per round as a free action.

Magic Mastery: The Fighter has been on the receiving end of magical effects enough times to learn how to harden his body against this kind of assaults. Once per day, plus an additional time for every four Fighter levels, the Fighter can, as an Inmediate action, gain Spell Resistance value equal to 10 + his Fighter levels + his Constitution modifier against a single spell that targets him or includes him in its Area of Effect.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

Well. If I remember correctly, the progression is as follows:

Troll Slayer, to Giant Slayer, to Dragon Slayer, to Demon Slayer.

So after Giantslayer should come Dragonslayer. Assuming the giants don't flatten your orange mohawk.


Assuming that interpretation is correct, then what does this event represent?

Quote:
Crop Failure (Settlement): Pests, blight, and weather ruin the harvest in the settlement's hex and all adjacent hexes. Attempt two Stability checks. If both succeed, the problem is fixed before your kingdom takes any penalties from the event. If only one succeeds, affected farms reduce Consumption by 1 (instead of the normal reduction) in the next Upkeep phase. If neither succeeds, affected farms do not reduce Consumption at all in the next Upkeep phase.

If my GM's interpretation was correct (which I disagree with), not only would this other event be redundant, the first one would be, by a far margin, the most punishing event in the game, essentially halting all kingdom production by a month.

Most events that result in a loss coss in the vicinity of 1D6 BPs. This would cost half again as many BPs as the Kingdom Size. And that's assuming we're starting at a consumption value of zero. Adding to the fact that consumption can't be negative, and there's no way to benefit from surplus in consumption reduction, I'd say it's a needlessly punishing interpretation of the event.


So, we're currently playing Kingmaker, and we've got into a weird interaction between the rules.

The event Food Shortage states:

Quote:
Food Shortage: Spoilage, treachery, or bad luck has caused a food shortage this turn. Attempt a Stability check. If you succeed, Consumption in the next Upkeep phase increases by 50%. If you fail, Consumption in the next Upkeep phase increases by 100%.

If we check the Consumption definition, it says the following:

Quote:
Consumption: Consumption indicates how many BP are required to keep the kingdom functioning each month. Your kingdom's Consumption is equal to its Size, modified by settlements and terrain improvements (such as Farms and Fisheries). Consumption can never go below 0.

Now, there are two ways to read this: Either the Consumption that is multiplied is the total Consumption after modifiers (which would result in a score of 0, as I've been always on the look to keep our consumption at that value from the beginning), or it is the base consumption before modifiers (which would result in a much steeper price)? The rules would suggest it's the former, but since the consumption is reduced by farms, our GM argues it makes no sense having a food shortage being stopped by the same food producing hexes that are failing.

Is there a ruling on this? I couldn't find it.


From the PRD:

Quote:


Swift Actions

A swift action consumes a very small amount of time, but represents a larger expenditure of effort than a free action. You can perform one swift action per turn without affecting your ability to perform other actions. In that regard, a swift action is like a free action. You can, however, perform only one single swift action per turn, regardless of what other actions you take. You can take a swift action anytime you would normally be allowed to take a free action. Swift actions usually involve spellcasting, activating a feat, or the activation of magic items.

For all intents and purposes, if you can perform a free action, you can perform a swift action. The only difference is that swift actions are restricted to once per turn.

So A), B), C), D), and E) are all valid.

F): If you perform an inmediate action, you lose the chance to perform a swift during your next turn. PRD quote:

Quote:


Immediate Actions

Much like a swift action, an immediate action consumes a very small amount of time but represents a larger expenditure of effort and energy than a free action. However, unlike a swift action, an immediate action can be performed at any time—even if it's not your turn. Casting feather fall is an immediate action, since the spell can be cast at any time.

Using an immediate action on your turn is the same as using a swift action and counts as your swift action for that turn. You cannot use another immediate action or a swift action until after your next turn if you have used an immediate action when it is not currently your turn (effectively, using an immediate action before your turn is equivalent to using your swift action for the coming turn). You also cannot use an immediate action if you are flat-footed.

H) Whenever you would deny a free action, a swift action is also denied.

Lemme guess: Someone's playing an Inquisitor.


6 people marked this as a favorite.

You can tell he's a Gorumite from that write-up. He'd give a Barbarian pause with that rage.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tels wrote:
Scavion wrote:

I'd be really surprised if he ends up LG because this paragraph right here is pretty much the poster boy of NG.

Backstory wrote:
If the legal system seems fair, he often shows up unexpectedly at the court proceedings, presenting sworn evidence and acting as defending counsel for the accused. If he finds a court to be corrupt, he takes a more direct hand in protecting the innocent. While he respects the law, he also knows that people are imperfect, and that breaking local laws is sometimes necessary in order to uphold more universal ones.
Works with the law when he can and goes around it when it doesn't serve his purpose i.e helping people.

There's an argument for both sides. On the one hand, he breaks the law if he hast too, and is non-lawful. On the other, he serves 'universal laws' that pertain to all people, acknowledging that mortal laws are sometimes flawed or corrupt, which would still be lawful.

Just as a Paladin in a city where the law states if a child misbehaves you kill the father, is going to stop people from killing the father. He's breaking the law, but he's not being non-lawful as he serves a higher form of law than that of mortals.

Quinn's Lawful Good, through and through. Like any character worth of the alignment, whenever he is forced to make a choice between Law and Good, he chooses Good.


Aelryinth wrote:

To help you realize what kind of stats we're talking about...

Captain America classic can lift about 800 lbs. That max load puts him right at Str 26.
Someone with a Str of 36 can lift up to 3600 lbs, a little less then two tons. Yes, he can finally bench a Buick.
But in terms of superhero performance and ability?
Spiderwoman can do 8 tons. That's a 47 in the PF system.

Since we're talking lifting, it's actually a 16 with Ant Haul. A level 1 Spell. So easily doable in Pathfinder by a lvl 1 character.


redviiper wrote:
There goes my dream of a bard masquerading as a barbarian. lol

The Skald's got you covered (coming in the Advanced Class Guide).


redviiper wrote:

Then just curious if the bard cast

virtuoso-performance

"While this spell is active, you may start a second bardic performance while maintaining another. Starting the second performance costs 2 rounds of bardic performance instead of 1. Maintaining both performances costs a total of 3 rounds of bardic performance for each round they are maintained. When this spell ends, one of the performances ends immediately (your choice)."

Would this allow you to double up on Archaeological luck?

No, because both bonuses are "Luck" bonuses, and thus don't stack.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I once played a Tengu that maxed out Linguistics. It was hilarious.


We have a Halfling Cavalier riding a pig on our Kingmaker campaign. He's doing fine so far. Power Attack lance charges hurt regardless of size.


My group has had to buy three Raise Dead and a Reincarnate (with the assorted restorations for the negative levels) so far. Lacking any character able to cast those (well, the Alchemist has recently adquired Restoration) is putting a dent in their pockets.


When I think Lawful Good, I think Sam Vimes.


DrDeth wrote:
Justin Sane wrote:

DM: Okay guys, we're going for a high-fantasy adventure, with dragon-slaying, plane-hopping, the works. Have you picked your characters?

Player: Yeah, I'm going to play a frail old man with a sword.
Named Cohen.

"In a proffession with an extremely high mortality rating - Barbarian Warlord - Cohen has lived long enough to become an octogenary. Think about that".


2 people marked this as a favorite.

When I read this my mind inmediately jumped to Call of Cthulhu.


Diminuendo wrote:


actually, if you think about it the "no" in his response could be spicifcally to the question of whether the one handed proficentcy was intentional.

If he claims that the one handed proficentcy was a side effect then wouldn't that mean the side effect is still applied?

I guess I was reading it wrong.

if this is what he meant then dosn't this enforce that useing the feat this way is legal?

James Jacobs wrote:


You can't two weapon fight with 2 earthbreakers.

I'd say that's pretty clear.


Keeping an eye on this. Looks interesting.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
LazarX wrote:
What you're really saying then, is that there should be no non-magical classes at all.

Considering the amount of magical gear a non-caster carries in his/her person at any given time (save, perhaps, at 1st level), and considering that magical gear is factored when calculating challenge ratings (that is, it is an intrinsic part of balance), I'd say that there are already no non-magical classes in the game. At least past 2nd level.

That, without taking into account that, ruleswise, a 7th level fighter can survive a 100 ft drop without much incident, or survive being throat-slitted during sleep 3 out of 4 times. How is that not magical?

As to the topic at hand, I have no objection with earlier rage cycling. After all, that was the explicit intent with which the cord of stubborn resolve was created.


I'd go with Ratfolk. A variant of small Lizardfolk is also an option.


Imrijka's writeup might help a bit, considering she hails from a Pharasman Orphanage in Ustalav.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Gwaithador wrote:
Rogue? Fully armored.

Well, except for the gaping hole in the upper part of her chest exposing the sternum and giving easy access to the heart/lungs. Imrijka has the same problem.

Then again, other than completely out of place boob windows (I don't mind the Master Spy's or Aristocrat's cleavage, it fits the court setting, but having a chest-exposing hole in the middle of your armor defeats the purpose of wearing armor) and the ocasionally spine-breaking contortion(such as the poor Red Mantis Assassin in the cover of Serpent's Skull #3 -- seriously, you try to strike that pose and not pull a muscle in your back), I don't have much of an issue with Pathfinder's art. It's getting better with each iteration.


18 people marked this as a favorite.
Alleran wrote:
Mikaze wrote:
Oh Mythic Seltyiel....
Mythic Valeros has his shirt off as well. Also mythic Damiel. And mythic Sajan. Even mythic Ezren is showing off some impressive arms.
ulgulanoth wrote:
cause mythic makes you so powerful, no shirt can contain you!

I'm too mythic for my shirt, too mythic for my shirt, so mythic it huuuurts...


Greasing a Wight's enchanted weapon before it could wail on the party. The image of the sword going "fwip" everytime it tried to swing it and missing was pretty hilarious.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Drachasor wrote:
He specifically said in the OP his pastries aren't addictive.

I read the original post.

Gellos Tharn wrote:
I'm not talking about a drug addiction kind of thing. It's more like they walk down the street and see the bake shop and say "I know the wife wants me to loose a few pounds but their pastries are SO GOOD! Just one won't hurt".
Thesaurus wrote:
2. -- addiction - an abnormally strong craving

He's pretty much defined addiction in his justification it's not addiction.


Ornery Hobbit wrote:

Hey folks,

So I'm making a Swashbuckler/Rogue and looking at the Swashbuckler Finesse feature and I'm wondering if it might make more sense to use the Blades, Light weapon group as opposed to all P weapons light and one handed. I mean what makes more sense, a Swashbuckler wielding a cutlass or one wielding a heavy pick?

Don't the latter feel like one of them 'What's wrong with this picture?' moments?:)

OH

Well, there's a dorf pick duelist in the NPC codex. Make of that what you will.


Drachasor wrote:
So far there's no solid reason to think the OP's character is evil.

Other than the fact that he's selling produce laced to be addictive and force information out of people to the unsuspecting population for profit via information brokering, you mean.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Squirrelshades wrote:
Sissyl wrote:
Thing is, if you want to discuss penetration power, guns come in a long way behind crossbows. Certainly, their speed is much higher, but the mass is far lower. Sum total, a bolt will generally penetrate far deeper than a bullet.
We need the Deadiest Warrior team to test this scientifically. Because they know how to do science.

Thy do it the only way it can be done. In all capitals and an exclamation point after it.


In our Kingmaker campaign, the Lumberjack NPC from that random encounter went from having Favored Enemy (Fey) to Favored Enemy (Plants) because of this. He knows how to chop'em trees real good. And in a world where trees can fight back, he's ready.


As mentioned earlier, if you're going dorf, Steel Soul is a solid pick.


No, they mean:

Masterwork Transformation

School transmutation; Level bard 2, cleric 2, druid 2, sorcerer/wizard 2, witch 2

Casting Time: 1 hour

Components: V, S, M (see below)

Range: touch

Target: one weapon, suit of armor, shield, tool, or skill kit touched

Duration: instantaneous

Saving Throw: none; Spell Resistance: no

You convert a non-masterwork item into its masterwork equivalent. A normal sword becomes a masterwork sword, a suit of leather armor becomes a masterwork suit of leather armor, a set of thieves' tools becomes masterwork thieves' tools, and so on. If the target object has no masterwork equivalent, the spell has no effect. You can affect 50 pieces of ammunition as if they were one weapon. You decide if the object's appearance changes to reflect this improved quality.

The material component for the spell is magical reagents worth the cost difference between a normal item and the equivalent masterwork item (typically 300 gp for a weapon, 150 gp for armor, or 50 gp for a tool). If an object has multiple masterwork options (such as a double weapon, or a spiked shield that could be made masterwork as a weapon or armor), you choose one option of the object to affect (though you can cast the spell again to affect another option).

Now it depends on the GM on wether "monk fists count as manufactured weapons" allows them to qualify for this spell.


CWheezy wrote:
I am pretty sure you can put skill ranks in fly without needing to be able to fly

Directly from the skill description:

"You cannot take ranks in this skill without a natural means of flight or gliding. Creatures can also take ranks in Fly if they possess a reliable means of flying every day (either through a spell or other special ability)."


7 people marked this as a favorite.
Wyrmholez wrote:
K177Y C47 wrote:
HaraldKlak wrote:

I think most of the erratas have been fine.

Take the crane wing fix, as an example. It isn't a discussion on "Casters vs. Martials", it is a matter of internal balancing of martial characters. One option shouldn't be vastly better than the others, if it is, it probably need fixing.

Power Attack...

Argument now invalid.(For things that are vastly better than everything else)

People don't dip 2 levels of MoMS for power attack...

Because power attack prerrequisites are less constraining.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
insaneogeddon wrote:

What I want to know is why they balance 2h weapons with 2 weapon fighting and then don't have a feat equivalent for 2H as they do for 2 weapons..

Double Slice (Combat)
Your off-hand weapon while dual-wielding strikes with greater power.
Prerequisite: Dex 15, Two-Weapon Fighting.
Benefit: Add your Strength bonus to damage rolls made with your off-hand weapon.
Normal: You normally add only half of your Strength modifier to damage rolls made with a weapon wielded in your off-hand.

There should be a 'double momentum' feat allowing for x2 str.

There is. It's called "Power Attack."

There's also the fact that Dual Wielding requires a much higher amount of feats to do reliably, has innate penalties, and only works in limited situations (i.e. you cannot charge and attack with both weapons).


TriOmegaZero wrote:
Sushewakka wrote:
Without the magic to hold the mutation in place, the item reverts to its natural state.
How?

By stopping the magical effect.

Simply put. The magic stops applying. The mutation is dissipated, as if the duration expired.
Otherwise, according to your own logic, all transmutation spells would last permanently, because no magic is cast to revert the recipient to its natural state when the duration expires.

TriOmegaZero wrote:


How does it physically revert?

It doesn't "physically revert". The effect that was magically altering it stops functioning. It assumes its base shape because there's no magic to keep it in an altered shape.


TriOmegaZero wrote:

I don't see the relevance.

I will explain my logic simply. You seem to be telling me an object will magically resize in an area devoid of magic. I don't see how it could.

Because the magic that resized it has stopped functioning.

Transmutations don't physically change targets, they magically change them so that their physical properties vary while the magic holds.

You seem to be under the impression that transmutations are instantaneous effects. Most are not. Hence, the magic is what holds the mutation in place. Without the magic to hold the mutation in place, the item reverts to its natural state.


Doctor Necrotic wrote:
As long as we don't get butchered by an army of not-Deathclaws, I'm up for anything.

Just get yourself a Musket Master sniper Cohort with a red beret to deal with them.

1 to 50 of 93 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>