(#B-21) "Against the Unliving" w/ QM rainzax (Inactive)

Game Master rainzax

The squire of a long-dead knight asks for the help of heroes in investigating the site of their master’s death. A bleak island awaits the heroes, now inhabited by the dead and undead alike. It’s up to the PCs to retrieve mementos of lost knights and lay to rest any lingering spirits on the island.

Against the Unliving (Map)


51 to 100 of 179 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Horizon Hunters

Female Arctic Elf Scout Fighter 3 | ♥️39 | ⛨20; resist cold 1 | F +7 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8; low-light vision | Stealth +9 | speed 30 ft. | Arrows 14| Exploration: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: none

Ezren's search: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


Angry spirits breathe down the necks of intruders and whisper haunting threats or messages in their ears. | Religion (Trained) DC 15 or Occultism (Trained) DC 15 to ID |Disable (◆◆) DC 17 Religion (trained) to ward yourself from evil or DC 18 Performance (◆◆) to drown out the spirits' voices

↺) Emotional Outburst

Every Sentient Creature vs Fortitude Save (DC 18) vs Mental (3d6) and Sonic (3d6) and Frightened 1 for 1 hour: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 6) = 153d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 4) = 9

Lashing out above the low whispers, a Screaming voice chills the party to the bone!

We transition to Encounter Mode: the Party is Up!


Ezren | Male NG Medium Human Wizard 3 | HP 19/32 | AC 17 18 with shield raised | F +7 R +7 W +8 | Perc +6(T) | Default Exploration ( Searching) | Speed 25ft | Focus 1/1| Spells 1st 3/3, 2nd 2/2 |Hero Points: 1/3| Active Conditions: None

Fortitude vs 15 mental and 9 sonic and Frightened 1 for 1 hour (DC 18): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

"I can't hear myself think - what should we do!?" our wizard her panics!

◇ to Command him so he gains ◆◆◆ as a pregen and does what you suggest!

Status:

8/32 HPs

Horizon Hunters

N Human Witch 3 | AC: 17/18 | HP: 26 | Per: 6, Fort: 5, Ref: 7, Will: 8 | Speed: 25’ | Focus: 1 / 1 | Spells: 1st 3, 2nd 2

Fort save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Do we need to Identify before we Disable?

Horizon Hunters

Female Arctic Elf Scout Fighter 3 | ♥️39 | ⛨20; resist cold 1 | F +7 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8; low-light vision | Stealth +9 | speed 30 ft. | Arrows 14| Exploration: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: none

DC18 Fortitude: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

It was a trap! Endra clasps her hands to her ears as the screaming outburst washes over the party.

I don't think Endra is trained in anything to identify this haunt. Closest would be Nature +6

Grand Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Elf Investigator 3 HP 18/33 Hero Points 0/1 AC 20 Saves F+5 R+10 W+7 Perc +7 Exploration Investigate Active Conditions: n/a Reactions: Clue in, Lead: [Dorenea Havern]

Fort Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

These are Recall Knowledge checks to identify, right? I can use keen recollection

Haunt Lore: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
"Try talking the spirits down, or say a prayer" Jaehaera whispers before she starts her own dialogue with the spirits

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

"Ezren, say a prayer for the unrestful spirits"


Against the Unliving (Map) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | ☘️ @ Endra (☑), Flory (☑☑), Jaehaera (☑) | Contact Info | Spell Templates | Status Symbols: ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition

With Jaehaera's words, the voices dissipate. Only Ezren seems distraught.

Ahead, the group hears a handful of skeletons patrolling the island with glaives and a longbow, and everyone hits the deck!

Options include:
1) Trying to Sneak past (Stealth)
2) Observe their patterns (Perception)
3) Try to Lure them off the Cliff (Deception)

Horizon Hunters

Female Arctic Elf Scout Fighter 3 | ♥️39 | ⛨20; resist cold 1 | F +7 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8; low-light vision | Stealth +9 | speed 30 ft. | Arrows 14| Exploration: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: none

Endra's inner scout kicks in and she begins to observe the skeletons to see how they move.

Scouting Lore: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 Replacing perception due to her expertise, but her perception is the same anyway.

Horizon Hunters

N Human Witch 3 | AC: 17/18 | HP: 26 | Per: 6, Fort: 5, Ref: 7, Will: 8 | Speed: 25’ | Focus: 1 / 1 | Spells: 1st 3, 2nd 2

Flory watches them as well. ”Patterns weaving, interleaving…”, she mutters in a sing-song voice.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Grand Archive

Female Elf Investigator 3 HP 18/33 Hero Points 0/1 AC 20 Saves F+5 R+10 W+7 Perc +7 Exploration Investigate Active Conditions: n/a Reactions: Clue in, Lead: [Dorenea Havern]

Deception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Hero Point
Deception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
:(

Jaehaera attempts to lure the skeletons off the cliff by throwing rocks, and hoping the mindless skeletons will follow the movement.

"Ezren, find their pattern"


Against the Unliving (Map) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | ☘️ @ Endra (☑), Flory (☑☑), Jaehaera (☑) | Contact Info | Spell Templates | Status Symbols: ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition

Skeletal Stragglers

Black Skeleton w/ Longbow to Initiative (Perception): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Blue Skeleton w/ Glaive to Initiative (Perception): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Red Skeleton w/ Glaive to Initiative (Perception): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Nearly lured off the cliff, at the last moment, they divert, making a beeline straight for Jaehaera!

➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤

SKELETAL STRAGGLERS

Terrain: Cliffs around island are Sheer
Difficult Terrain: Inclined Slopes
Obstacles: Rocks
Weather: Dim Light under the Moon
Monster ID: Religion (DC 18)

Flory
Blue Skeleton w/ Glaive
Black Skeleton w/ Longbow
Endra
Red Skeleton w/ Glaive
Jaehaera

➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤

Flory is Up!

Horizon Hunters

N Human Witch 3 | AC: 17/18 | HP: 26 | Per: 6, Fort: 5, Ref: 7, Will: 8 | Speed: 25’ | Focus: 1 / 1 | Spells: 1st 3, 2nd 2

Flory grins as the skeletons advance, watching how they move. The fingers of her right hand twirl around, accumulating gossamer strands as they go.

”…see them dancing on their strings”, she finishes. She points at them, and the webbing flies from her hand.

Cast web (south of Blue, east of Red), DC 19


Ezren | Male NG Medium Human Wizard 3 | HP 19/32 | AC 17 18 with shield raised | F +7 R +7 W +8 | Perc +6(T) | Default Exploration ( Searching) | Speed 25ft | Focus 1/1| Spells 1st 3/3, 2nd 2/2 |Hero Points: 1/3| Active Conditions: None

Ezren to Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

”What should I do?”

Horizon Hunters

N Human Witch 3 | AC: 17/18 | HP: 26 | Per: 6, Fort: 5, Ref: 7, Will: 8 | Speed: 25’ | Focus: 1 / 1 | Spells: 1st 3, 2nd 2
Moken Troll wrote:

[dice=Ezren to Perception]1d20+6

”What should I do?”

Cast magic missile on the closest one


Against the Unliving (Map) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | ☘️ @ Endra (☑), Flory (☑☑), Jaehaera (☑) | Contact Info | Spell Templates | Status Symbols: ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition

Blue Skeleton moves in close, and begins pointing it's glaive at every hero within 10 feet of itself, finally striking out at Jaehaera, Endra, or Ezren?: 1d6 ⇒ 6 Ezren!

Strike vs Ezren (slashing; deadly d8, forceful, reach 10 feet) vs You: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 271d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 41d8 ⇒ 5

◆) Stride
◆) Set Defense
◆) Strike
↺) Attack of Opportunity

Ezren Goes Down!

Reactive Strike:

Strike vs Ezren (slashing; deadly d8, forceful, reach 10 feet) vs You: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 191d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d8 ⇒ 8

Black skeleton, meanwhile, hunches down and fires three fast shots at Flory with his longbow!

◆◆◆) Strike x3

Longbow (piercing, deadly d10, range increment 100 feet, volley 30 feet) vs Flory: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 151d8 ⇒ 51d10 ⇒ 4
Longbow (piercing, deadly d10, range increment 100 feet, volley 30 feet) w/ MAP (-5) vs Flory: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (4) + 9 - 5 = 81d8 ⇒ 81d10 ⇒ 10
Longbow (piercing, deadly d10, range increment 100 feet, volley 30 feet) w/ MAP (-10) vs Flory: 1d20 + 9 - 10 ⇒ (17) + 9 - 10 = 161d8 ⇒ 61d10 ⇒ 2

...

Endra is Up!


Ezren | Male NG Medium Human Wizard 3 | HP 19/32 | AC 17 18 with shield raised | F +7 R +7 W +8 | Perc +6(T) | Default Exploration ( Searching) | Speed 25ft | Focus 1/1| Spells 1st 3/3, 2nd 2/2 |Hero Points: 1/3| Active Conditions: None

"Guhhuuurrghgh"

Slump...

Horizon Hunters

N Human Witch 3 | AC: 17/18 | HP: 26 | Per: 6, Fort: 5, Ref: 7, Will: 8 | Speed: 25’ | Focus: 1 / 1 | Spells: 1st 3, 2nd 2
Moken Troll wrote:

"Guhhuuurrghgh"

Slump...

…ok, don’t do that

Horizon Hunters

Female Arctic Elf Scout Fighter 3 | ♥️39 | ⛨20; resist cold 1 | F +7 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8; low-light vision | Stealth +9 | speed 30 ft. | Arrows 14| Exploration: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: none

Endra, wide eyed, looks around at the chaos around her.

Recover teammates first.

She steps away, fishes out a minor healing potion, and administers it to Ezren.

◆ Step
◆ Interact: retrieve minor healing potion
◆ Interact: administer minor healing potion
minor healing potion, Ezren: 1d8 ⇒ 3

The whole time she keeps her eyes on the undead in front of them. She can feel her bow at her back, read to push it into service very soon.


Against the Unliving (Map) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | ☘️ @ Endra (☑), Flory (☑☑), Jaehaera (☑) | Contact Info | Spell Templates | Status Symbols: ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition

As Endra nurses Ezren, Blue Skeleton nurses her... with his glaive!

Narrow miss!

Red Skeleton moves up, and uses a similar tactic, striking at Endra, Ezren, Flory, or Jaehaera: 1d4 ⇒ 4 Jaehaera!

Strike (slashing; deadly d8, forceful, reach 10 feet) vs Jaehaera: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 111d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 101d8 ⇒ 8

◆) Stride
◆) Set Defense
◆) Strike
↺) Attack of Opportunity

Reactive Strike:

Strike vs ??? (slashing; deadly d8, forceful, reach 10 feet) vs You: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 161d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 91d8 ⇒ 2

➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤

SKELETAL STRAGGLERS

Terrain: Cliffs around island are Sheer
Difficult Terrain: Inclined Slopes
Obstacles: Rocks
Weather: Dim Light under the Moon
Monster ID: Religion (DC 18)

Flory
Ezren (3 HPs) @ Prone, Wounded
Blue Skeleton w/ Glaive @ Reaction Spent
Black Skeleton w/ Longbow
Endra
Red Skeleton w/ Glaive @ Reaction Ready!
Jaehaera

➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤

Jaehaera, Flory and Ezren are Up!


Ezren | Male NG Medium Human Wizard 3 | HP 19/32 | AC 17 18 with shield raised | F +7 R +7 W +8 | Perc +6(T) | Default Exploration ( Searching) | Speed 25ft | Focus 1/1| Spells 1st 3/3, 2nd 2/2 |Hero Points: 1/3| Active Conditions: None

Lying on the ground, Ezren regains consciousness.

"What should I do now?"

Horizon Hunters

N Human Witch 3 | AC: 17/18 | HP: 26 | Per: 6, Fort: 5, Ref: 7, Will: 8 | Speed: 25’ | Focus: 1 / 1 | Spells: 1st 3, 2nd 2

Flory steps back from the menacing skeleton. She making sewing motions in the air, and Ezren’s wounds start to close.

”Whatever it is, do it quickly”, she replies.

Stride (drawing RS from Red?), Cast heal on Ezren

Healing: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Ezren | Male NG Medium Human Wizard 3 | HP 19/32 | AC 17 18 with shield raised | F +7 R +7 W +8 | Perc +6(T) | Default Exploration ( Searching) | Speed 25ft | Focus 1/1| Spells 1st 3/3, 2nd 2/2 |Hero Points: 1/3| Active Conditions: None

Flory dodges the glaive strike, clearing the team to move around. Ezren recovers, and let’s out a magic missile at the skeleton that felled him!

Force Missile: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 3, 2) + 3 = 9

Grand Archive

Female Elf Investigator 3 HP 18/33 Hero Points 0/1 AC 20 Saves F+5 R+10 W+7 Perc +7 Exploration Investigate Active Conditions: n/a Reactions: Clue in, Lead: [Dorenea Havern]

Jaehaera gets her spiked chain out, takes a moment to see if she can find a weak spot.

Devise a Strategem: 1d20 ⇒ 2
Not seeing one, she moves to get into position.

Grand Archive

Female Elf Investigator 3 HP 18/33 Hero Points 0/1 AC 20 Saves F+5 R+10 W+7 Perc +7 Exploration Investigate Active Conditions: n/a Reactions: Clue in, Lead: [Dorenea Havern]

I forgot that when I devise a Strategem, I get a free recall knowledge

Religion: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Grand Archive

Female Elf Investigator 3 HP 18/33 Hero Points 0/1 AC 20 Saves F+5 R+10 W+7 Perc +7 Exploration Investigate Active Conditions: n/a Reactions: Clue in, Lead: [Dorenea Havern]

◆ Draw Spiked Chain
◆ Devise a Strategem
◆ Stride


Against the Unliving (Map) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | ☘️ @ Endra (☑), Flory (☑☑), Jaehaera (☑) | Contact Info | Spell Templates | Status Symbols: ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition

Jaehaera considers the battlefield, and runs behind Blue Skeleton while his guard is down - whorling on her, he strikes and menaces!

Strike (slashing; deadly d8, forceful, reach 10 feet) vs Jaehaera: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 221d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 51d8 ⇒ 5
Strike (slashing; deadly d8, forceful, reach 10 feet) w/ MAP w/ Forceful (+1) (-5) vs Jaehaera: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (20) + 9 - 5 = 241d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 41d8 ⇒ 8
5 then 16 damage!

Blue
◆◆) Strike x2
◆) Set Defense
↺) Attack of Opportunity

Reactive Strike:

Strike (slashing; deadly d8, forceful, reach 10 feet) vs Jaehaera: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 121d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 41d8 ⇒ 2

Black Skeleton, meanwhile, keeps up the barriage against Flory!

Black
◆◆◆) Strike x3

Longbow (piercing, deadly d10, range increment 100 feet, volley 30 feet) vs Flory: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 101d8 ⇒ 61d10 ⇒ 2
Longbow (piercing, deadly d10, range increment 100 feet, volley 30 feet) w/ MAP (-5) vs Flory: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (20) + 9 - 5 = 241d8 ⇒ 11d10 ⇒ 6
Longbow (piercing, deadly d10, range increment 100 feet, volley 30 feet) w/ MAP (-10) vs Flory: 1d20 + 9 - 10 ⇒ (14) + 9 - 10 = 131d8 ⇒ 71d10 ⇒ 3
8 damage!

➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤

SKELETAL STRAGGLERS

Terrain: Cliffs around island are Sheer
Difficult Terrain: Inclined Slopes
Obstacles: Rocks
Weather: Dim Light under the Moon
Monster ID: Religion (DC 18)

Flory[/b]
Ezren[/b] (3 HPs) @ Prone, Wounded, but Healed
Blue Skeleton w/ Glaive (-9 missiles) @ Reaction Ready!
Black Skeleton w/ Longbow
Endra
Red Skeleton w/ Glaive @ Reaction Spent
Jaehaera

➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤

Endra is Up!

Horizon Hunters

Female Arctic Elf Scout Fighter 3 | ♥️39 | ⛨20; resist cold 1 | F +7 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8; low-light vision | Stealth +9 | speed 30 ft. | Arrows 14| Exploration: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: none

With Ezren taken care, but Flory receiving persistent fire, Endra sets her feet and looses an arrow at that skeleton.

◆ Interact: Draw longbow
◆ Stance: Point-blank Shot
◆ Strike BLACK
longbow attack BLACK, P damage, deadly damage IFF crit: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 221d8 ⇒ 61d10 ⇒ 6


Against the Unliving (Map) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | ☘️ @ Endra (☑), Flory (☑☑), Jaehaera (☑) | Contact Info | Spell Templates | Status Symbols: ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition

Endra's bowshot goes right through Black's ribcage! (Resist 5 Piercing)

Blue strikes at Endra as she draws her bow - but misses.

On the ground, Jaehaera bleeds out! Dying 2 - hold off on your recovery check please

Ezren - still lying on the ground sandwiched as he is between Endra and Red Skeleton - watches it attack her!

Strike (slashing; deadly d8, forceful, reach 10 feet) vs Endra: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 171d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 101d8 ⇒ 7
Strike (slashing; deadly d8, forceful, reach 10 feet) w/ MAP (-5) w/ Forceful (+1) vs Endra: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (10) + 9 - 5 = 141d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 81d8 ⇒ 3

Red
◆◆) Strike x2
◆) Set Defense
↺) Attack of Opportunity

Reactive Strike:

Strike (slashing; deadly d8, forceful, reach 10 feet) vs You: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 141d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 61d8 ⇒ 2

➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤

SKELETAL STRAGGLERS

Terrain: Cliffs around island are Sheer
Difficult Terrain: Inclined Slopes
Obstacles: Rocks
Weather: Dim Light under the Moon
Monster ID: Religion (DC 18)

Flory
Ezren (19 HPs) @ Prone, Wounded
Jaehaera @ Dying 2, Prone, Unconscious
Blue Skeleton w/ Glaive (-9 missiles) @ Reaction Ready!
Black Skeleton w/ Longbow (-1 shot)
Endra
Red Skeleton w/ Glaive @ Reaction Spent

➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤

Flory and Ezren are Up!


Ezren | Male NG Medium Human Wizard 3 | HP 19/32 | AC 17 18 with shield raised | F +7 R +7 W +8 | Perc +6(T) | Default Exploration ( Searching) | Speed 25ft | Focus 1/1| Spells 1st 3/3, 2nd 2/2 |Hero Points: 1/3| Active Conditions: None

"What should I do?"

Lying on the ground, Ezren seeks his party's advice (again).

Horizon Hunters

Female Arctic Elf Scout Fighter 3 | ♥️39 | ⛨20; resist cold 1 | F +7 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8; low-light vision | Stealth +9 | speed 30 ft. | Arrows 14| Exploration: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: none

Get up and starting burning them with your... burning hands? Or whatever is you wizards have! Endra shouts to the wizard.


Ezren | Male NG Medium Human Wizard 3 | HP 19/32 | AC 17 18 with shield raised | F +7 R +7 W +8 | Perc +6(T) | Default Exploration ( Searching) | Speed 25ft | Focus 1/1| Spells 1st 3/3, 2nd 2/2 |Hero Points: 1/3| Active Conditions: None

"Smokus Pocus!"

Rising, the Reactive Strike narrowly misses the brave wizard, who tries to calcify Red!

◆) Stand
◆◆) Burning Hands vs Red

Basic Reflex vs Fire Damage (DC 19): 2d6 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9


Against the Unliving (Map) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | ☘️ @ Endra (☑), Flory (☑☑), Jaehaera (☑) | Contact Info | Spell Templates | Status Symbols: ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition

Red Skeleton Basic Reflex vs 9 fire (DC 19): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

The fire burns around Red's bones - half of the flames smolder out before charring. (Resist 5 fire)

➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤

SKELETAL STRAGGLERS

Terrain: Cliffs around island are Sheer
Difficult Terrain: Inclined Slopes
Obstacles: Rocks
Weather: Dim Light under the Moon
Monster ID: Religion (DC 18)

Flory
Ezren (19 HPs) @ Prone, Wounded
Jaehaera @ Dying 2, Prone, Unconscious
Blue Skeleton w/ Glaive (-9 missiles) @ Reaction Spent
Black Skeleton w/ Longbow (-1 shot)
Endra
Red Skeleton w/ Glaive (-4 flames) @ Reaction Spent

➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤

Flory is Up!

Horizon Hunters

N Human Witch 3 | AC: 17/18 | HP: 26 | Per: 6, Fort: 5, Ref: 7, Will: 8 | Speed: 25’ | Focus: 1 / 1 | Spells: 1st 3, 2nd 2

”Your foe awaits, Sir Miles”, says Flory. She casts a blue aura around the formidable-looking spider, as he advances on the skeleton before him.

Flory: Cast magic fang
SM: Stride, Strike Red

Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
Damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 5) + 3 = 10S


Against the Unliving (Map) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | ☘️ @ Endra (☑), Flory (☑☑), Jaehaera (☑) | Contact Info | Spell Templates | Status Symbols: ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition

Flory's larger Spider bites off some bones (5 damage after Resistance) - meanwhile, Jaehaera lies dying on the ground - will her condition stabilize or worsen?

➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤

Jaehaera is Up!

Grand Archive

Female Elf Investigator 3 HP 18/33 Hero Points 0/1 AC 20 Saves F+5 R+10 W+7 Perc +7 Exploration Investigate Active Conditions: n/a Reactions: Clue in, Lead: [Dorenea Havern]

Jaehaera Recovery check DC 12: 1d20 ⇒ 16

Her breathing is still ragged, but its there.


Against the Unliving (Map) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | ☘️ @ Endra (☑), Flory (☑☑), Jaehaera (☑) | Contact Info | Spell Templates | Status Symbols: ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition

Jaehaera stabilizes - Blue and Black skeleton unleash on Endra and Flory respectively

Strike (slashing; deadly d8, forceful, reach 10 feet) vs Endra (AC 20): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 131d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 61d8 ⇒ 8
Strike (slashing; deadly d8, forceful, reach 10 feet) w/ MAP w/ Forceful (+1) (-5) vs Endra (AC 20): 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (16) + 9 - 5 = 201d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 41d8 ⇒ 3
4 damage!

Blue
◆◆) Strike x2 @ Endra
◆) Set Defense
↺) Attack of Opportunity

Reactive Strike:

Strike (slashing; deadly d8, forceful, reach 10 feet) vs You: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 181d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 101d8 ⇒ 5

Black
◆◆◆) Strike x3 @ Flory

Longbow (piercing, deadly d10, range increment 100 feet, volley 30 feet) vs Flory (AC 17): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 241d8 ⇒ 11d10 ⇒ 1
Longbow (piercing, deadly d10, range increment 100 feet, volley 30 feet) w/ MAP (-5) vs Flory (AC 17): 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (15) + 9 - 5 = 191d8 ⇒ 21d10 ⇒ 4
Longbow (piercing, deadly d10, range increment 100 feet, volley 30 feet) w/ MAP (-10) vs Flory (AC 17): 1d20 + 9 - 10 ⇒ (7) + 9 - 10 = 61d8 ⇒ 21d10 ⇒ 6
3 damage!

➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤

SKELETAL STRAGGLERS

Terrain: Cliffs around island are Sheer
Difficult Terrain: Inclined Slopes
Obstacles: Rocks
Weather: Dim Light under the Moon
Monster ID: Religion (DC 18)

Flory @ -11 damage
Sir Miles @ magic fang
Ezren (19 HPs) @ Prone, Wounded
Jaehaera @ Prone, Unconscious, Stable, Wounded 1
Blue Skeleton w/ Glaive (-9 missiles) @ Reaction Ready
Black Skeleton w/ Longbow (-1 shot)
Endra @ -4 damage
Red Skeleton w/ Glaive (-4 flames, -5 bite) @ Reaction Spent

➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤

Endra is Up!

Horizon Hunters

Female Arctic Elf Scout Fighter 3 | ♥️39 | ⛨20; resist cold 1 | F +7 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8; low-light vision | Stealth +9 | speed 30 ft. | Arrows 14| Exploration: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: none

Ouch, OUCH! Keep that thing away from me!

The elf shouts before backing away to a safe firing distance.

◆ Stride 20 ft

She quickly fires back at her aggressor.

◆ Strike BLUE: longbow attack, P damage, deadly damage IFF crit: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 241d8 ⇒ 21d10 ⇒ 2

Stopping to think for a moment, she remembers the rabbit.

Is this all... just a test from that creature?

She quickly turns and looses an arrow at it to confirm or deny her idea.

◆ Strike PINK: longbow attack (MAP), P damage, deadly damage IFF crit: 1d20 + 12 - 5 ⇒ (1) + 12 - 5 = 81d8 ⇒ 21d10 ⇒ 5

It turns out to be a warning shot.


Against the Unliving (Map) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | ☘️ @ Endra (☑), Flory (☑☑), Jaehaera (☑) | Contact Info | Spell Templates | Status Symbols: ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition

The rabbit quickly ducks!

Endra provokes from Blue, who misses her narrowly. She strikes Blue, but the arrow just bounces off it's ribs. Resist 5 piercing

Red retaliates against Sir Miles!

Please provide a statblock for Sir Miles!

Strike (slashing; deadly d8, forceful, reach 10 feet) vs Sire Miles (AC ??): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 251d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 81d8 ⇒ 7
Strike (slashing; deadly d8, forceful, reach 10 feet) w/ MAP (-5) w/ Forceful (+1) vs Sir Miles (AC ??): 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (10) + 9 - 5 = 141d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 71d8 ⇒ 6
[[oc]8 damage?[/ooc]

Red
◆◆) Strike x2
◆) Set Defense
↺) Attack of Opportunity

Red Reactive Strike:

Strike (slashing; deadly d8, forceful, reach 10 feet) vs You: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 141d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 81d8 ⇒ 3

➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤

SKELETAL STRAGGLERS

Terrain: Cliffs around island are Sheer
Difficult Terrain: Inclined Slopes
Obstacles: Rocks
Weather: Dim Light under the Moon
Monster ID: Religion (DC 18)

Flory @ -11 damage
Sir Miles @ -8 damage? @ magic fang
Ezren (19 HPs) @ Prone, Wounded
Jaehaera @ Prone, Unconscious, Stable, Wounded 1
Blue Skeleton (AC 17) w/ Glaive (-9 missiles) @ Reaction Spent
Black Skeleton (AC 17) w/ Longbow (-1 shot)
Endra @ -4 damage
Red Skeleton w/ Glaive (AC 17) @ (-4 flames, -5 bite) @ Reaction Ready!

➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤

Flory (and Sir Miles), Ezren, and Jaehaera are Up!


Ezren | Male NG Medium Human Wizard 3 | HP 19/32 | AC 17 18 with shield raised | F +7 R +7 W +8 | Perc +6(T) | Default Exploration ( Searching) | Speed 25ft | Focus 1/1| Spells 1st 3/3, 2nd 2/2 |Hero Points: 1/3| Active Conditions: None

"I'm lying down - what do I do?"

He awaits instructions from his allies to act...

Horizon Hunters

N Human Witch 3 | AC: 17/18 | HP: 26 | Per: 6, Fort: 5, Ref: 7, Will: 8 | Speed: 25’ | Focus: 1 / 1 | Spells: 1st 3, 2nd 2

To Ezren, she says, ”Arise, good sir mage, and back away slowly”


Ezren | Male NG Medium Human Wizard 3 | HP 19/32 | AC 17 18 with shield raised | F +7 R +7 W +8 | Perc +6(T) | Default Exploration ( Searching) | Speed 25ft | Focus 1/1| Spells 1st 3/3, 2nd 2/2 |Hero Points: 1/3| Active Conditions: None

Ezren stands to his feet finally, and back towards...

◆) Stand
◆) ??
◆) ???

"Where do you want me to go?"

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Arctic Elf Scout Fighter 3 | ♥️39 | ⛨20; resist cold 1 | F +7 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8; low-light vision | Stealth +9 | speed 30 ft. | Arrows 14| Exploration: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: none

Auto-Ezren, come stand behind me! She eyes him suspiciously for signs of constructed (automaton or android) life.

Grand Archive

Female Elf Investigator 3 HP 18/33 Hero Points 0/1 AC 20 Saves F+5 R+10 W+7 Perc +7 Exploration Investigate Active Conditions: n/a Reactions: Clue in, Lead: [Dorenea Havern]

I think I'm actually dying 1, unless they changed it in the remaster

Flat check, DC 11: 1d20 ⇒ 4

Jaehaera groans as her prognosis worsens.


Ezren | Male NG Medium Human Wizard 3 | HP 19/32 | AC 17 18 with shield raised | F +7 R +7 W +8 | Perc +6(T) | Default Exploration ( Searching) | Speed 25ft | Focus 1/1| Spells 1st 3/3, 2nd 2/2 |Hero Points: 1/3| Active Conditions: None

Ezren reports to Endra's side.

◆) Stand
◆) Stride
◆) ???

"And now what?"

Horizon Hunters

N Human Witch 3 | AC: 17/18 | HP: 26 | Per: 6, Fort: 5, Ref: 7, Will: 8 | Speed: 25’ | Focus: 1 / 1 | Spells: 1st 3, 2nd 2

Flory steps around, her cloak billowing in an unseen wind. ”Have at him, Sir Miles!”, she says.

Step, Cast shield, Command

Envoy's Alliance

Hit Points: 27 | AC: 18 | Fort 6, Ref 8, Will 6 | Per 6

The brave spider gnashes at the skeleton before him.

Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 4) + 3 = 9S

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2) + 3 = 8S

Crit! ::::-)

Horizon Hunters

Female Arctic Elf Scout Fighter 3 | ♥️39 | ⛨20; resist cold 1 | F +7 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8; low-light vision | Stealth +9 | speed 30 ft. | Arrows 14| Exploration: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: none
Moken Troll wrote:
"And now what?"

Hand of the apprentice! Pick a skeleton!


Ezren | Male NG Medium Human Wizard 3 | HP 19/32 | AC 17 18 with shield raised | F +7 R +7 W +8 | Perc +6(T) | Default Exploration ( Searching) | Speed 25ft | Focus 1/1| Spells 1st 3/3, 2nd 2/2 |Hero Points: 1/3| Active Conditions: None

"Ah yes, that: Invictus Manus!... waitaminute... with what!?"

Then he realizes that he had dropped his staff upon the ground when he had fallen, and goes to pick ip up.

◆) Interact to Pick Up Staff
◆) Stand
◆) Stride


Against the Unliving (Map) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | ☘️ @ Endra (☑), Flory (☑☑), Jaehaera (☑) | Contact Info | Spell Templates | Status Symbols: ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition

Sir Miles neatly disassembles the red skeleton!

Blue and Black Strike!

Strike (slashing; deadly d8, forceful, reach 10 feet) vs Sir Miles (AC 18): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 111d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 91d8 ⇒ 5

Blue
◆) Step
◆) Strike @ Sir Miles
◆) Set Defense
↺) Attack of Opportunity

Reactive Strike:

Strike (slashing; deadly d8, forceful, reach 10 feet) vs You: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 181d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 71d8 ⇒ 8

Sir Miles is too wily!

Black
◆◆◆) Strike x3 @ Flory

Longbow (piercing, deadly d10, range increment 100 feet, volley 30 feet) vs Flory (AC 17): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 251d8 ⇒ 81d10 ⇒ 2
Longbow (piercing, deadly d10, range increment 100 feet, volley 30 feet) w/ MAP (-5) vs Flory (AC 17): 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (16) + 9 - 5 = 201d8 ⇒ 41d10 ⇒ 1
Longbow (piercing, deadly d10, range increment 100 feet, volley 30 feet) w/ MAP (-10) vs Flory (AC 17): 1d20 + 9 - 10 ⇒ (10) + 9 - 10 = 91d8 ⇒ 61d10 ⇒ 8

Two arrows slunk into the witch - she comes close to death!

➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤

SKELETAL STRAGGLERS

Terrain: Cliffs around island are Sheer
Difficult Terrain: Inclined Slopes
Obstacles: Rocks
Weather: Dim Light under the Moon
Monster ID: Religion (DC 18)

Flory @ -23 damage
Sir Miles @ -8 damage? @ magic fang
Ezren (19 HPs) @ Prone, Wounded
Jaehaera @ Prone, Unconscious, Stable, Wounded 1
Blue Skeleton (AC 17) w/ Glaive (-9 missiles) @ Reaction Ready
Black Skeleton (AC 17) w/ Longbow (-1 shot)
Endra @ -4 damage
Red Skeleton w/ Glaive (AC 17) @ (-4 flames, -5 bite) @ Reaction Ready

➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤

The Party is Up!

51 to 100 of 179 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / (#B-21) "Against the Unliving" w / QM rainzax All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.