(#B-21) "Against the Unliving" w/ QM rainzax (Inactive)

Game Master rainzax

The squire of a long-dead knight asks for the help of heroes in investigating the site of their master’s death. A bleak island awaits the heroes, now inhabited by the dead and undead alike. It’s up to the PCs to retrieve mementos of lost knights and lay to rest any lingering spirits on the island.

Against the Unliving (Map)


1 to 50 of 179 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Against the Unliving (Map) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | ☘️ @ Endra (☑), Flory (☑☑), Jaehaera (☑) | Contact Info | Spell Templates | Status Symbols: ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition

The squire of a long-dead knight asks for the help of heroes in investigating the site of their master’s death. A bleak island awaits the heroes, now inhabited by the dead and undead alike. It’s up to the PCs to retrieve mementos of lost knights and lay to rest any lingering spirits on the island.

Gameplay

Grand Archive

Female Elf Investigator 3 HP 18/33 Hero Points 0/1 AC 20 Saves F+5 R+10 W+7 Perc +7 Exploration Investigate Active Conditions: n/a Reactions: Clue in, Lead: [Dorenea Havern]

Jaehaera is an elf with a heavy Kaer Maga accent. She spent a few years working for the Shadow Lodge in the City of Strangers. Now with that organization kaput, she's been slowly examining the Pathfinder Society and trying to filter out every bit of corruption she can find.

Horizon Hunters

Female Arctic Elf Scout Fighter 3 | ♥️39 | ⛨20; resist cold 1 | F +7 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8; low-light vision | Stealth +9 | speed 30 ft. | Arrows 13 | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: none

A lithe, young elven woman with a fur-lined cloak, heavier than one expects in these parts, approaches. She has a pack over one shoulder and a longbow over the other and they both drop down in a fluid motion as she discards the thick coat, as if squarely completing the transition from a much colder place. Underneath is nondescript hide and breeches of earthy tones. Her complexion is overly pale, even for an elf. Most interestingly, an intricate pattern of tattoos can now be seen reaching from her forearms to just where her hands meet her wrists. Sleeves hide where they begin. Her blond hair is always tied back and out of her way.

She moves very deliberately and swiftly, while her at-rest stance is of someone about to break into a sprint. She's always "on her toes."


Against the Unliving (Map) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | ☘️ @ Endra (☑), Flory (☑☑), Jaehaera (☑) | Contact Info | Spell Templates | Status Symbols: ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition

The adventure begins in Caliphas, where the PCs have been staying for the past few days. While perusing job boards, the adventurers come across a tattered and rain-stained bounty pinned on top of fresh ones.

Bounty Sign:

Knight in need of adventurers who can brave undead-infested lands. Please contact the master innkeeper of the Elderberry Cellar to arrange a meeting.

Background Knowledge:

If you are trained in any of the following skills, post me your modifier, proficiency, and any associated skills feats!

Religion
Undead Lore
Gravelands Lore
Gather Information

Please introduce yourselves, if you haven't already, and describe your journey to Caliphas!

Horizon Hunters

Female Arctic Elf Scout Fighter 3 | ♥️39 | ⛨20; resist cold 1 | F +7 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8; low-light vision | Stealth +9 | speed 30 ft. | Arrows 13 | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: none

In addition to her name, if asked about the heavier coat she discarded she will explain she got downtime in the colds of Irrisen, at her woodland hometown. She grew up as a scout there, watching the surrounding outlands for marauding goblins and honing her longbow proficiency.

Not trained in any of those Lores.

Horizon Hunters

N Human Witch 3 | AC: 17/18 | HP: 26 | Per: 6, Fort: 5, Ref: 7, Will: 8 | Speed: 25’ | Focus: 1 / 1 | Spells: 1st 3, 2nd 2 ** LEVEL BUMP ** +2 Per, Init, Saves

A young human woman with long, dark-blonde hair reads the board. Her blue eyes have an unfocused look, as if she’s looking past (through?) everything. She wears a simple brown dress with a black hooded cloak. A red and black spider is perched on her head. Another spider, halfling-sized, brown with a silver chevron on its thorax, walks beside her.

”Flory Buntzer”, she says with a curtsy. ”These are my cohort, Lady Gwendolyn and Sir Miles” The two spiders bow.

She peers at the knight’s bounty.

”I hope the weather has improved since then”, she adds.

Lores are +4, Untrained. Religion & Gather Info +1

Grand Archive

Female Elf Investigator 3 HP 18/33 Hero Points 0/1 AC 20 Saves F+5 R+10 W+7 Perc +7 Exploration Investigate Active Conditions: n/a Reactions: Clue in, Lead: [Dorenea Havern]

Jaehaera, if this is a Recall Knowledge check, has the lores at +7, thanks to Keen Recollection. Religion at a +3. Diplomacy to Gather Information at a +8. I don't think I have enough to make something my lead.

With the cold rain coming down, Jaehaera's face can be barely seen from under her hat. She was investigating a series of trades between Venture Captain Balentiir and Dr. Linas. But she needed cash to sustain her investigation. This looked like steady work, and she wasn't afraid of some undead.

Horizon Hunters

M Goblin Gunslinger 3

A goblin with a gun steps in.

"Sorry for being a little late. I hear there's a task to be done."

Apologies for the delay. Not trained in any of those.


Against the Unliving (Map) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | ☘️ @ Endra (☑), Flory (☑☑), Jaehaera (☑) | Contact Info | Spell Templates | Status Symbols: ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition

QM Screen (Closed):

Jaehaera to Undead / Gravelands Lore (Keen Recollection) vs DC 18: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Jaehaera to Gather Information (Diplomacy) vs DC 18: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Critical Success Many of the zombies of the Gravelands
have deteriorated to skeletons since the initial first wave.
Those who remain may be husk zombies who have been
specially preserved.
Success Skeletons and zombies are the most frequently
encountered undead. Also, numerous pets came back from
the dead to attack their owners, particularly those who
were abandoned.
Critical Failure Many of those who died in Lastwall were
spellcasters and cavaliers, leading to horrors such as
skeletal mages, undead knights on skeletal horses, and
even deathless acolytes.

➤➤➤➤➤ ➤➤➤➤➤

The party make their way to Elderberry Cellar, where the innkeeper points them to a private suite upstairs at the end of the corridor. As the group approaches the room, a muffled explosion occurs and the door marked of the appropriate number.

Crafting (Trained) DC 15:

Alchemical bomb of some sort - but not physical nor energy damage (fire, ice, slashing, etc) - instead, something more mystical afoot!

As the group knocks, a smoky and disheveled Chelaxian man in his late twenties appears.

"Sorry!" he smiles seedily "I'll keep it down - no property damage" he must mistake you for the innkeeper...

Horizon Hunters

N Human Witch 3 | AC: 17/18 | HP: 26 | Per: 6, Fort: 5, Ref: 7, Will: 8 | Speed: 25’ | Focus: 1 / 1 | Spells: 1st 3, 2nd 2 ** LEVEL BUMP ** +2 Per, Init, Saves

Crafting: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Horizon Hunters

M Goblin Gunslinger 3

Squeg tries to figure what's up.

Crafting: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Horizon Hunters

Female Arctic Elf Scout Fighter 3 | ♥️39 | ⛨20; resist cold 1 | F +7 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8; low-light vision | Stealth +9 | speed 30 ft. | Arrows 13 | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: none

Endra frowns and cocks her head to one side.

So many questions. Sir we are not the management. We are Pathfinders. Are you... the master innkeeper?

Which is who I thought we were supposed to meet with.

Horizon Hunters

N Human Witch 3 | AC: 17/18 | HP: 26 | Per: 6, Fort: 5, Ref: 7, Will: 8 | Speed: 25’ | Focus: 1 / 1 | Spells: 1st 3, 2nd 2 ** LEVEL BUMP ** +2 Per, Init, Saves
Endra Densinri wrote:

Endra frowns and cocks her head to one side.

So many questions. Sir we are not the management. We are Pathfinders. Are you... the master innkeeper?

Which is who I thought we were supposed to meet with.

”Or perhaps the knight in question?”, asks Flory.


Against the Unliving (Map) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | ☘️ @ Endra (☑), Flory (☑☑), Jaehaera (☑) | Contact Info | Spell Templates | Status Symbols: ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition

"Knight? Oh yes, that is me. In question? Well, I suppose it depends who is asking what..." he looks away "I am Timitheo Ralovon of Lastwall. You must have read my Bounty. I..." he trails off a moment, recovers "I am conducting an Investigation... please, come inside..."

Inside.

"My old mentor and my colleagues got lost near Lake Encarthan, and, I'm thinking they probably got stuck. So..." another trail off "So, I need recruits to go rescue them: Will you go?"

Sense Motive (DC 16):

Fear.
Timitheo Ralovon of Lastwall is Fearful during his momentary trail offs...

Seek (DC 16):

The young knight has a tremor in his hands that pronounces when he says "got stuck" and "rescue"...

Horizon Hunters

N Human Witch 3 | AC: 17/18 | HP: 26 | Per: 6, Fort: 5, Ref: 7, Will: 8 | Speed: 25’ | Focus: 1 / 1 | Spells: 1st 3, 2nd 2 ** LEVEL BUMP ** +2 Per, Init, Saves

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Seek: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

”The knight of questions”, Flory says dreamily. ”The first: Will you be joining us, brave champion?”


Against the Unliving (Map) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | ☘️ @ Endra (☑), Flory (☑☑), Jaehaera (☑) | Contact Info | Spell Templates | Status Symbols: ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition

”I will remain here in case they return by a circuitous route” the knight evades ”My money is good though, you can trust to that” he negotiates.

Please take the time to declare your Daily Preparations!

Horizon Hunters

Female Arctic Elf Scout Fighter 3 | ♥️39 | ⛨20; resist cold 1 | F +7 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8; low-light vision | Stealth +9 | speed 30 ft. | Arrows 13 | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: none

DC16 Sense motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
DC16 Seek: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

I suppose someone else in your charge could stay in case they return. We might make use of your valuable knowledge of their mission if you could find a way to join us.

She notices his hand...

"Got stuck..." it seems you may have a notion of what happened to them. Mind filling us in?


Against the Unliving (Map) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | ☘️ @ Endra (☑), Flory (☑☑), Jaehaera (☑) | Contact Info | Spell Templates | Status Symbols: ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition

Timitheo Ralovon of Lastwall explains “I... keep having nightmares. In my dreams, they were all... dead, but moving toward me. I could never lift my sword against them. It’s too much. I can’t handle... If this is real, please, end their suffering.”

Jaehaera:

You know that Skeletons and Zombies are the most frequently encountered undead. Also, numerous pets came back from the dead to attack their owners, particularly those who were abandoned.

0/3 Daily Preparations

Horizon Hunters

N Human Witch 3 | AC: 17/18 | HP: 26 | Per: 6, Fort: 5, Ref: 7, Will: 8 | Speed: 25’ | Focus: 1 / 1 | Spells: 1st 3, 2nd 2 ** LEVEL BUMP ** +2 Per, Init, Saves

”You are haunted by them”, Flory declares. ”Alive or undead, here or there. We can help you, but if you don’t see to it, they will keep haunting you, long after they’re gone”

Horizon Hunters

Female Arctic Elf Scout Fighter 3 | ♥️39 | ⛨20; resist cold 1 | F +7 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8; low-light vision | Stealth +9 | speed 30 ft. | Arrows 13 | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: none

Endra has no specific preparations to make.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Against the Unliving (Map) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | ☘️ @ Endra (☑), Flory (☑☑), Jaehaera (☑) | Contact Info | Spell Templates | Status Symbols: ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition

ANCHOR POST ("Favorite" this informational post so you can return to it easily!)

Endra dons her armor and readies her weapons...

1/3 Daily Preparations

Nodding morosely to Flory, Timitheo goes on to describe his 5 teammates, using the past tense accidentally or perhaps purposely, fearing that none survived:

1) Falckre Boltarin (LG male human knight):

Had scraggly, dirty blond hair. He was about a decade older than Timitheo and treated the squire like a younger brother. Falckre suffered from chronic back pain and managed it with a special elixir.

2) Dorenea Havern (LG female human rogue):

Was always bald in Timitheo’s memories, so he is uncertain of her exact hair color. Her loyal albino rabbit Denufair was always at her side. Dorenea enjoyed decorating Denufair with brightly-colored bows.

3) Rook Caverre (LG male half-orc):

Dorenea’s squire, a glaive-wielding magus named was also an animal lover and had a hound named Pups. Rook’s hair was black and neatly trimmed.

4) Garmon Oppendie (CG male human cleric of Gorum):

Was once a member of the cavalry until he lost an arm. Timitheo remembers his massive gray beard more than his hairstyle.

5) Averlace (NG female human squire):

Garmon’s hot-headed squire aspired to live up to Garmon’s glory. She had long brown hair with a vivid red braid.

Horizon Hunters

N Human Witch 3 | AC: 17/18 | HP: 26 | Per: 6, Fort: 5, Ref: 7, Will: 8 | Speed: 25’ | Focus: 1 / 1 | Spells: 1st 3, 2nd 2 ** LEVEL BUMP ** +2 Per, Init, Saves

Flory takes a healing potion

”You should see them again, whether for camaraderie or closure”, she says. ”A knight’s true strength comes from their heart, not their blade”

Grand Archive

Female Elf Investigator 3 HP 18/33 Hero Points 0/1 AC 20 Saves F+5 R+10 W+7 Perc +7 Exploration Investigate Active Conditions: n/a Reactions: Clue in, Lead: [Dorenea Havern]

I know the pre-remaster rules, Bounties, you didn't get the school items, but I guess I don't know how it works with new thing that's replacing the schools. Anyways, Jaehaera doesn't have any choices to make in her daily preparations like spells or anything else.

1d5 ⇒ 5

Jaehaera will ask some more basic biographical questions about Averlace, making her the lead on the investigation.

Horizon Hunters

Female Arctic Elf Scout Fighter 3 | ♥️39 | ⛨20; resist cold 1 | F +7 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8; low-light vision | Stealth +9 | speed 30 ft. | Arrows 13 | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: none

Interesting. What is this elixir that Falckre employed?


Against the Unliving (Map) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | ☘️ @ Endra (☑), Flory (☑☑), Jaehaera (☑) | Contact Info | Spell Templates | Status Symbols: ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition

2/3 Daily Preparations (Flory is a prepared caster!)

"Those are for blowing up undead creatures without damaging structures" Timitheo replies.

Horizon Hunters

Female Arctic Elf Scout Fighter 3 | ♥️39 | ⛨20; resist cold 1 | F +7 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8; low-light vision | Stealth +9 | speed 30 ft. | Arrows 13 | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: none

Was referring to:

Falckre Boltarin (LG male human knight) wrote:
Falckre suffered from chronic back pain and managed it with a special elixir.


Against the Unliving (Map) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | ☘️ @ Endra (☑), Flory (☑☑), Jaehaera (☑) | Contact Info | Spell Templates | Status Symbols: ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition

"Special admixture" in response to Endra's question.

Timitheo arranges a boat, the Faithful Return, to take the PCs most of the way. The PCs should therefore prepare to leave Caliphas early the next morning. The ship has its own security so the PCs can rest at night, though they’re welcome to help keep watch—the captain mentions that "This island is cursed!". Indeed, a strange gray fog soon rolls in, blanketing the island ahead. As a result, for those whose eyes can see well in starlight, it may be both safer and easier to venture on to the island at night.

Once the island comes into view, the captain drops anchor and provides two rowboats for travel. Having scouted the island from a distance before under the starlight, she suggests the party approach the island from the west and disembark on the northern shore.

During the night, the moon and starlight are the primary light sources, blanketing the island in dim light. For creatures without low-light vision or darkvision, everything has the concealed condition.

But! Conditions during the day are even worse; the fog gives all of the PCs the concealed condition unless they have means to see through it. If the PCs choose to brave the island during the day, they occasionally catch glimpses of eerie figures in the fog.

"When should we take you in?" the captain asks the party.

Day or Night?
Special preparations for your decision?

Horizon Hunters

Female Arctic Elf Scout Fighter 3 | ♥️39 | ⛨20; resist cold 1 | F +7 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8; low-light vision | Stealth +9 | speed 30 ft. | Arrows 13 | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: none

Cursed...?!

Oh... probably just sailors' superstitions.

--------------------

From the rowboat, Endra weighs in. Maybe travel by night is better. The moonlight cuts through the fog nicely.

Horizon Hunters

N Human Witch 3 | AC: 17/18 | HP: 26 | Per: 6, Fort: 5, Ref: 7, Will: 8 | Speed: 25’ | Focus: 1 / 1 | Spells: 1st 3, 2nd 2 ** LEVEL BUMP ** +2 Per, Init, Saves
Endra Densinri wrote:

Cursed...?!

Oh... probably just sailors' superstitions.

--------------------

From the rowboat, Endra weighs in. Maybe travel by night is better. The moonlight cuts through the fog nicely.

”Agreed. And so prettily when it does”, Flory replies.


Against the Unliving (Map) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | ☘️ @ Endra (☑), Flory (☑☑), Jaehaera (☑) | Contact Info | Spell Templates | Status Symbols: ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition

FOLLOW THE RABBIT

Ashore now in the dead of night, you notice a white rabbit with glowing red eyes resting on the beach. It raises it's ears to perceive you, and wriggling it's whiskers, approaches 10 feet before stopping, sitting back on it's haunches, and facing you erect.

Trained in Nature or Have a Pet, Familiar or Animal Companion?:

It is attempting to communicate, not unlike awaiting a command from a pet owner...

To Do:
1) Place your Token on the Map in the Box
2) What is your Vision and Light situation?
3) What will be your Default Exploration Tactic?
4) Please give me instructions for Ezren answering the above questions too

Horizon Hunters

N Human Witch 3 | AC: 17/18 | HP: 26 | Per: 6, Fort: 5, Ref: 7, Will: 8 | Speed: 25’ | Focus: 1 / 1 | Spells: 1st 3, 2nd 2 ** LEVEL BUMP ** +2 Per, Init, Saves

”Ah, a herald”, says Flory. Facing the rabbit, she curtsies.

”Greetings! We are an envoy, looking for our lost friends. Have you seen others like us?”

Grand Archive

Female Elf Investigator 3 HP 18/33 Hero Points 0/1 AC 20 Saves F+5 R+10 W+7 Perc +7 Exploration Investigate Active Conditions: n/a Reactions: Clue in, Lead: [Dorenea Havern]

Jaehaera has low light, and won't be carrying a torch or light, Jaehaera will be investigating, and I think Ezren should too. Ezren can carry a torch, right?

"I imagine this is the rabbit of that Dorenea!" After a moment's consideration, she continues, "Or possibly a descendant of that rabbit. They breed prodigiously."

Horizon Hunters

Female Arctic Elf Scout Fighter 3 | ♥️39 | ⛨20; resist cold 1 | F +7 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8; low-light vision | Stealth +9 | speed 30 ft. | Arrows 13 | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: none

The rabbit awaits a command. Perhaps it will be our pet now?

low-light vision; Avoid Notice (Stealth +9)


Against the Unliving (Map) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | ☘️ @ Endra (☑), Flory (☑☑), Jaehaera (☑) | Contact Info | Spell Templates | Status Symbols: ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition

White Rabbit starts thumping it's leg...

GM Tip (Open):

You can use Diplomacy to Make an Impression here.

If you are trained in Nature as well, I will give you a +1 circumstance bonus!

Flory, what is your Vision and Light situation and Default Exploration Tactic?

Exploration Tracker:

Endra (lowlight) w/ bow? @ Avoid Notice
Ezren (brightlight) w/ torch @ Investigate
Flory (??) w/ ?? @ ??
Jaehaera (lowlight) w/ spiked chain? @ Investigate

Horizon Hunters

N Human Witch 3 | AC: 17/18 | HP: 26 | Per: 6, Fort: 5, Ref: 7, Will: 8 | Speed: 25’ | Focus: 1 / 1 | Spells: 1st 3, 2nd 2 ** LEVEL BUMP ** +2 Per, Init, Saves

It seems that dancing lights is no longer a thing, so Flory will have a light spell follow her around, as she has normal human vision.

Her cloak continually billows as she travels, regardless of the wind (Cast a Spell: shield)

Horizon Hunters

N Human Witch 3 | AC: 17/18 | HP: 26 | Per: 6, Fort: 5, Ref: 7, Will: 8 | Speed: 25’ | Focus: 1 / 1 | Spells: 1st 3, 2nd 2 ** LEVEL BUMP ** +2 Per, Init, Saves

Flory tilts her head at the rabbit’s thumping. ”Is there danger? Can you show us where?”

Make an Impression: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7

Horizon Hunters

Female Arctic Elf Scout Fighter 3 | ♥️39 | ⛨20; resist cold 1 | F +7 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8; low-light vision | Stealth +9 | speed 30 ft. | Arrows 13 | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: none

Endra leans down and tries to motion for the rabbit to approach. She hopes to signal that the group is friendly.

Make an impression, Diplomacy (untrained, but with Nature!): 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5 yeesh

She must have something in her teeth that looks like rabbit meat.


Against the Unliving (Map) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | ☘️ @ Endra (☑), Flory (☑☑), Jaehaera (☑) | Contact Info | Spell Templates | Status Symbols: ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition

Gunna wait to hear from Jaehaera before moving on...

The bunny startles at Endra, poises suddenly, as if to run...

Grand Archive

Female Elf Investigator 3 HP 18/33 Hero Points 0/1 AC 20 Saves F+5 R+10 W+7 Perc +7 Exploration Investigate Active Conditions: n/a Reactions: Clue in, Lead: [Dorenea Havern]

The elven investigator lowers herself onto the balls of her feet, "Wait, wait, little one, do you know Dorenea?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Against the Unliving (Map) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | ☘️ @ Endra (☑), Flory (☑☑), Jaehaera (☑) | Contact Info | Spell Templates | Status Symbols: ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition

White Rabbit hops up to Jaehaera, and with her paws, scrapes 7 figures into the sand - 5 with two legs and 2 with four legs - and hopping in place, suddenly bounds off!...

...and then...:

Just before bounding out from view in the fog, looks back to see if she is being followed, nodding to Jaehaera, and disappearing into the fog...

White Rabbit runs to Area "A3" on the Map(s):
1) Do you follow the White Rabbit? Which way around the rocks (SE or NE)?
2) If not, where on the island to explore? (Two maps, one zoomed in, one zoomed out)
3) Keep the same Exploration Mode?
4) Something else?

Horizon Hunters

Female Arctic Elf Scout Fighter 3 | ♥️39 | ⛨20; resist cold 1 | F +7 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8; low-light vision | Stealth +9 | speed 30 ft. | Arrows 13 | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: none

Endra scratches her head.

Should we follow it or is it a trap? I'm thinking trap... but it's possible those we are looking for fell into it.

She sighs audibly, resigned to the likelihood that they'll need to follow the rabbit to confirm or deny this conclusion.

Vote to follow, but very cautiously.

Grand Archive

Female Elf Investigator 3 HP 18/33 Hero Points 0/1 AC 20 Saves F+5 R+10 W+7 Perc +7 Exploration Investigate Active Conditions: n/a Reactions: Clue in, Lead: [Dorenea Havern]

"Yes, I think that's likely." Jaehaera said, "Lets keep a careful eye out."

I say follow, Southeast of the rock, and we all switch to "Searching" for exploration

Horizon Hunters

N Human Witch 3 | AC: 17/18 | HP: 26 | Per: 6, Fort: 5, Ref: 7, Will: 8 | Speed: 25’ | Focus: 1 / 1 | Spells: 1st 3, 2nd 2 ** LEVEL BUMP ** +2 Per, Init, Saves

”Come into my parlor…”, Flory muses, as she follows Jaehaera.

Sticking with Cast a Spell: shield


Against the Unliving (Map) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | ☘️ @ Endra (☑), Flory (☑☑), Jaehaera (☑) | Contact Info | Spell Templates | Status Symbols: ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition

Need a quorum of two for direction...

Horizon Hunters

N Human Witch 3 | AC: 17/18 | HP: 26 | Per: 6, Fort: 5, Ref: 7, Will: 8 | Speed: 25’ | Focus: 1 / 1 | Spells: 1st 3, 2nd 2 ** LEVEL BUMP ** +2 Per, Init, Saves
QM rainzax wrote:
Need a quorum of two for direction...

Jaehaera and I are going SE

Horizon Hunters

Female Arctic Elf Scout Fighter 3 | ♥️39 | ⛨20; resist cold 1 | F +7 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8; low-light vision | Stealth +9 | speed 30 ft. | Arrows 13 | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: none

Endra agrees on direction and also shifts to searching instead of avoiding notice.


Against the Unliving (Map) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | ☘️ @ Endra (☑), Flory (☑☑), Jaehaera (☑) | Contact Info | Spell Templates | Status Symbols: ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition

The party, under cloud of night, moves carefully through the fog, alert on high, expecting at any moment to fog itself to jump out at them!

Party Exploration:

Endra @ Search
Ezren @ Search
Flory @ Search
Jaehaera @ Search

Players - go ahead and roll your Search (Perception) checks (vs DC 23), and move your Tokens (plus Ezren) correspondingly on the Map!

Horizon Hunters

Female Arctic Elf Scout Fighter 3 | ♥️39 | ⛨20; resist cold 1 | F +7 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8; low-light vision | Stealth +9 | speed 30 ft. | Arrows 13 | Exploration: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: none

Search (DC23 Perception): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 so close!

Map on slide 2 or 3? Either way I picked a spot on both.

Endra draws her bow and stalks forward cautiously, more concerned with her own observations than remaining quiet.

Grand Archive

Female Elf Investigator 3 HP 18/33 Hero Points 0/1 AC 20 Saves F+5 R+10 W+7 Perc +7 Exploration Investigate Active Conditions: n/a Reactions: Clue in, Lead: [Dorenea Havern]

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 (+1 if it relates to Averlace?)

Jaehaera moves forward, blissfully unaware of the danger she's undoubtedly in. She does have her spiked chain out.

I also moved Ezren? Do you want us to roll for him too?


Against the Unliving (Map) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | ☘️ @ Endra (☑), Flory (☑☑), Jaehaera (☑) | Contact Info | Spell Templates | Status Symbols: ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status condition
QM rainzax wrote:
Players - go ahead and roll your Search (Perception) checks (vs DC 23), and move your Tokens (plus Ezren) correspondingly on the Map!

Bump

1 to 50 of 179 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / (#B-21) "Against the Unliving" w / QM rainzax All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.