DM Brainiac's Season of Ghosts Table 2

Game Master Brainiac

Map on Google Slides
Exploration Activities: Hooli: Avoiding Notice; Kwan: Scouting; Lek: Investigating; Lie Jie: Searching


451 to 490 of 490 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Lantern Lodge

HP 35, AC 20, F +6, R +11, W +8 Kitsune rogue 3

"Ooh, I love a good sacrifice!" Hooli exclaims, with seeming unfeigned excitement. "When and where are they doing that? I bet we'll need to slaughter all the humans, but that can definitely wait until after these sacrifices."


M Nagaji Alchemist (Chirurgeon) [Medic Dedication] 3◆◇↺ Hp 43/43 AC (T) 20/21 Fort(T) +9, Ref(E) +8, Will(T) +5 Perception(T)+5 Low-Light Vision, Imprecise Scent 30' Exploration mode Investigate Conditions: Antidote

The Alchemist is seen quickly penning the words coming out of the Man With No Mouth For Words To Come Out Of....
The Prayers have nabbed a few captives from the human town. They are planning on sacrificing them to try to open the Wall of Ghosts and reveal the paradise they say lies beyond. But we Rovers know better! Once we raid the town and slaughter all of the humans, the pain and suffering will make the wall expand and bring paradise to us! Hopefully Mugirou will order the glorious attack soon. We are growing impatient here

Li Jie looks up.
How do you ssspell Mugirou?


The faceless creature gives Lie Jie a blank stare before turning back to Hooli. ”I don’t know the Prayers’ business. Go find one of them and ask. And give me back my crossbow.”


M Nagaji Alchemist (Chirurgeon) [Medic Dedication] 3◆◇↺ Hp 43/43 AC (T) 20/21 Fort(T) +9, Ref(E) +8, Will(T) +5 Perception(T)+5 Low-Light Vision, Imprecise Scent 30' Exploration mode Investigate Conditions: Antidote

The smiling Nagaji just nods as he takes out a Frost vial bomb. Blue is seen taking out a Bestial Mutagen. They both look at the others.
Have we milked thisss cow dry yet?

Lantern Lodge

HP 35, AC 20, F +6, R +11, W +8 Kitsune rogue 3

I want to give Xiung-Lau and Kwan Tai a chance to ask anything, but once they're set...

"Of course," Hooli says. She points the crossbow at the faceless creature and fires. "Whoops!"

I assume that will provoke initiative and actually not happen until the first turn... But including a roll below just to make it easier if you decide to start a different way:
Hand crossbow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Piercing: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Initiative:
Hooli: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Kwan: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Lie Jie: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Xiung-Lau: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Enemies: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Hooli catches the noppera-bo off-guard, shooting it in the chest with the crossbow!

Kwan Tai and Xiung-Lau may both act before the enemies!


Male Smokeworker Hobgoblin Shi 3 - HP 44/47| AC 21 | F +9 R +7(10) W +8 | Perception +8 | Hero Points 2 |

Kwan Tai hefts his hammer menacingly, slamming it into Hooli's victim as he finally returns the terror these fiends have inflicted on his adopted home.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 1 = 20
Hammer: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Hero Point: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6And they can't get less frightened until the end of my next turn
Pushing Assault: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 And pushed back to 10' away if it was closer


Male human nephilim witch 3 | HP 26/26, Hero Points: 1 | AC 16 | Fort +5, Reflex +6, Will +9 | Spd 25 ft. | Perc: +7, low-light vision | | Expendables: Healing potion, minor | Focus Points: 1/1 | Exploration: None | Active Conditions: None

Xiung-Lau positions himself so that he can catch as many of these creatures as possible in a line from his location, and begins chanting in Necril. Shadowy tendrils extend from his mouth along with the words, whipping around in front of him like tentacles, lacerating at the creatures.

It's a 30 foot line, so I'll try to be out of melee reach if possible while still getting as many of them as possible ... might not be able to hit the one that just got pushed.
◆ Stride
◆◆ Cast a Spell: grim tendrils ... DC 19 Fortitude or 2d4 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2 void damage (and persistent bleed if they fail the save)


Fortitude vs Grim Tendrils: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 261d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 111d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Kwan Tai clobbers the noppera-bo that Hooli shot, sending it sprawling against the far wall as he crushes it with his hammer.

Xiung-Lau breathes forth shadowy tendrils at the remaining foes. Two of the creatures resist the spell, but the other begins to bleed from its wounds.

Recovering from their shock at the sudden attack, the monsters ready their spears. They then step up to attack Kwan Tai!

Spears: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 181d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 131d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Persistent Bleed: 1d20 ⇒ 7

3 piercing damage to Kwan Tai.

Lantern Lodge

HP 35, AC 20, F +6, R +11, W +8 Kitsune rogue 3

Quick stats:

HP 35/35
AC 20
Fort +6, Ref +11, Will +8
Hero points: 2
Seasonal Boon: summer []; fall []; winter []; spring []
Effects:

Hooli laughs at the noppera-bo, then slashes them with her claws.

◈ Demoralize, ◈◈ Twin Feint (two Strikes, second is vs. flat-footed), Invigorating Fear reaction
Intimidation (trained): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Claws (agile): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Slashing: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Claws (agile), iterative: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 9 - 4 = 7

Invigorating Fear reaction (once/hour); Trigger A creature within 60 feet gains the frightened condition. Effect: You are invigorated by the shock of a prank or the thrum of terror. You gain temporary Hit Points equal to the creature's level or 3, whichever is higher. You lose any temporary Hit Points after 1 minute.


M Nagaji Alchemist (Chirurgeon) [Medic Dedication] 3◆◇↺ Hp 43/43 AC (T) 20/21 Fort(T) +9, Ref(E) +8, Will(T) +5 Perception(T)+5 Low-Light Vision, Imprecise Scent 30' Exploration mode Investigate Conditions: Antidote

The Nagaji thinks about these strange Alien creatures!
Recall Knowledge Occultism(T): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

The Alchemist then Quick Bombs the two not in melee with his companions!
Oops! Spears mean Melee no Reach so...

The Alchemist looks like he really wants to toss a Bomb, but he decides to Stride into a Flank with Kwai before biting a weirdo!
Melee(T) Fangs, flank: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 201d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 S Traits: Finesse, Unarmed P


Male Smokeworker Hobgoblin Shi 3 - HP 44/47| AC 21 | F +9 R +7(10) W +8 | Perception +8 | Hero Points 2 |

Kwan Tai joins Hooli's wicked laughter with a snarl, and swings his hammer in a vicious orbit into the pair of noppera-bo.

Scare the one Hooli hasn't, then strike both to keep the fear going
Intimidate: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 1 = 19
Hammer: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26
Magic Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 And can't reduce fear
Pushing Assault: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Magic Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 And can't reduce fear, push 5' away


Male human nephilim witch 3 | HP 26/26, Hero Points: 1 | AC 16 | Fort +5, Reflex +6, Will +9 | Spd 25 ft. | Perc: +7, low-light vision | | Expendables: Healing potion, minor | Focus Points: 1/1 | Exploration: None | Active Conditions: None

Xiung-Lau waves his hand and shadows dance try to surround the least-injured looking of the enemies.

◆ Cast a Spell: shroud of night - DC 19 Will, or else all creatures are concealed to it (unless they have greater darkvision). I'll try to judge if they are all affected by it or not.

Then, almost absently, he waves another hand and a random object flies toward the bleeding enemy.
◆◆ Cast a Spell: telekinetic projectile
telekinetic projectile attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
telekinetic projectile damage (bludgeoning): 3d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 6) = 16


Li Jie and Hooli team up to take out one of the enemies with their jaws and claws. Kwan Tai crushes another monster's skull with his hammer before shoving the last one away. As it stumbles, Xiung-Lau hurls a chair across the room and slams it into the final foe, finishing it off!

The weapons the noppera-bos have are all mundane. However, you do discover a vial of oil of potency on a shelf next to the door.


Male Smokeworker Hobgoblin Shi 3 - HP 44/47| AC 21 | F +9 R +7(10) W +8 | Perception +8 | Hero Points 2 |

Kwan Tai stamps on one of the noppera-bos to make certain, but his eyes are already up. "Did any other hear that?"


M Nagaji Alchemist (Chirurgeon) [Medic Dedication] 3◆◇↺ Hp 43/43 AC (T) 20/21 Fort(T) +9, Ref(E) +8, Will(T) +5 Perception(T)+5 Low-Light Vision, Imprecise Scent 30' Exploration mode Investigate Conditions: Antidote

Li Jie cautiously investigates any points of egress into their current room...
Perception(T)+5 Low-Light Vision, Imprecise Scent 30'

Lantern Lodge

HP 35, AC 20, F +6, R +11, W +8 Kitsune rogue 3

"I'll check!" Hooli says, no trace of laughter in her voice for a change. A moment later, she turns into her fox form and slinks just outside the door to see if she can hear anything.

Stealth (expert): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Perception (expert): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Not going far, just want to be in fox form so if someone spots me, I can pretend to be an animal.


Fortunately, it seems like the sentries outside the gate took the sounds of combat for mere roughhousing, as they do not appear to be alert or alarmed. The sounds of merrymaking from within the palisade continue unabated.

Lantern Lodge

HP 35, AC 20, F +6, R +11, W +8 Kitsune rogue 3

Hooli heads back inside: "It's as quiet as the Thrice‑Blessed Brothel in the middle of the day," she says. "We should go find the captives!"

There's the noisy island, but not sure where else we can go to look for them.


M Nagaji Alchemist (Chirurgeon) [Medic Dedication] 3◆◇↺ Hp 43/43 AC (T) 20/21 Fort(T) +9, Ref(E) +8, Will(T) +5 Perception(T)+5 Low-Light Vision, Imprecise Scent 30' Exploration mode Investigate Conditions: Antidote

Li Jie takes out his notes.
The Prayers have nabbed a few captives from the human town. They are planning on sacrificing them to try to open the Wall of Ghosts and reveal the paradise they say lies beyond. But we Rovers know better! Once we raid the town and slaughter all of the humans, the pain and suffering will make the wall expand and bring paradise to us! Hopefully Mugirou will order the glorious attack soon. We are growing impatient here

The Nagaji smiles
Anyone know where thisss Wall of Ghosssts isss? Makesss sssenssse captivesss are there.


Male Smokeworker Hobgoblin Shi 3 - HP 44/47| AC 21 | F +9 R +7(10) W +8 | Perception +8 | Hero Points 2 |

"You do not think it the mysterious shroud that pens us within the bounds of our home?"


M Nagaji Alchemist (Chirurgeon) [Medic Dedication] 3◆◇↺ Hp 43/43 AC (T) 20/21 Fort(T) +9, Ref(E) +8, Will(T) +5 Perception(T)+5 Low-Light Vision, Imprecise Scent 30' Exploration mode Investigate Conditions: Antidote

Li Jie frowns.
That isss a lot of ground to cover.

Rereading his notes, the Alchemist offers
Ssshortest route isss a straight line. How do we find thisss Mugirou?


Male human nephilim witch 3 | HP 26/26, Hero Points: 1 | AC 16 | Fort +5, Reflex +6, Will +9 | Spd 25 ft. | Perc: +7, low-light vision | | Expendables: Healing potion, minor | Focus Points: 1/1 | Exploration: None | Active Conditions: None

"The dog will be the issue. It appears we can just walk past the guards and seem to have copied the forms of townspeople, but that dog may be harder to trick."


Male human nephilim witch 3 | HP 26/26, Hero Points: 1 | AC 16 | Fort +5, Reflex +6, Will +9 | Spd 25 ft. | Perc: +7, low-light vision | | Expendables: Healing potion, minor | Focus Points: 1/1 | Exploration: None | Active Conditions: None

He glances around at the group. "Should we attempt it then? Hooli, I think, should take lead in talking through this deception, with the rest of us doing our best to keep quiet ... Or perhaps we should continue to scout the periphery before heading inside?"

Lantern Lodge

HP 35, AC 20, F +6, R +11, W +8 Kitsune rogue 3

"Sure, I can try to get us through," Hooli agrees. "We can tell them we have news for Mugirou."


Hooli takes the lead as you approach the main gates to the lumber camp. The two men appear to be human, and they are conversing quietly with one another. The feral-looking dog with them growls as you get near, and the guards turn their attention to you. "Halt! We have been posted here by the camp's owners. No visitors are allowed."

Lantern Lodge

HP 35, AC 20, F +6, R +11, W +8 Kitsune rogue 3

"Don't be silly! We're on a mission from Mugirou!" Hooli replies. "A very important, very secret, very glorious mission!"

Deception (expert): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13 Bah! Going to Hero Point that; 1 left
Deception (expert): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 A little better, I guess.


The guards scowl at the mention of Mugirou. "Bah. I guess you're finally done slacking off in the shack over there, then?" one says disdainfully. "About time you did something useful."

The second one closes his eyes and seems to concentrate. A few moments later, you hear bars being removed from the other side of the heavy double doors, then they are pushed open by two noppera-bos on the far side, granting you access to the camp.

A roaring campfire built from furniture scraps and lengths of timber roars in the middle of the camp's open courtyard. A dome-shaped cage made of branches and thin wooden slats stands just to the south of the fire. The sounds of revelry and the scent of cooking meat come from here, where a gathering of a half-dozen noppera-bos are cooking strips of beef over the fire while betting on the outcome of a fight they’ve just staged in the wooden cage between two giant rats. The rats squeak and hiss as they snap at each other.

Lantern Lodge

HP 35, AC 20, F +6, R +11, W +8 Kitsune rogue 3

Hooli enters, but tries to avoid entering the crowd of noppera-bos, likely too many for them to fight. She looks around the entire of the camp, to see if there's any sign of where the captives might be, or at least somewhere they can all avoid being seen.


M Nagaji Alchemist (Chirurgeon) [Medic Dedication] 3◆◇↺ Hp 43/43 AC (T) 20/21 Fort(T) +9, Ref(E) +8, Will(T) +5 Perception(T)+5 Low-Light Vision, Imprecise Scent 30' Exploration mode Investigate Conditions: Antidote

The Nagaji hisses silently as they approach the Gate Keepers.
If only we had a key master...

The Alchemist does notice The second one closes his eyes and seems to concentrate. A few moments later, you hear bars being removed from the other side of the heavy double doors, then they are pushed open by two noppera-bos on the far side, granting you access to the camp.
It would ssseem that they have telepathy between them, Yesss. Hope none decide to speak to usss...

Li Jie only winks, as he drinks a Antidote.

Looking at the obvious sighs of enemy control of the camp, the Alchemist keeps his blue eyes and forked tongue active...
Exploration mode Search

Perception(T)+5 Low-Light Vision, Imprecise Scent 30'


Male Smokeworker Hobgoblin Shi 3 - HP 44/47| AC 21 | F +9 R +7(10) W +8 | Perception +8 | Hero Points 2 |

Kwan Tai looks at the numbers with some trepidation, but his first thought is of

Six to four. Not insurmountable odds, but not simple. Easier if the rats can be turned against their tormentors... But this is not our mission. Only if the hostages cannot be reclaimed with subtlety should we first isolate their warriors.


Male human nephilim witch 3 | HP 26/26, Hero Points: 1 | AC 16 | Fort +5, Reflex +6, Will +9 | Spd 25 ft. | Perc: +7, low-light vision | | Expendables: Healing potion, minor | Focus Points: 1/1 | Exploration: None | Active Conditions: None

Xiung-Lau looks toward the giant rats in the cage. Though I know the spell, I unfortunately did not draw telekinetic hand out from Crawler during my morning preparations.

He says quietly to Li Jie, "If we could release those rats, it would create a disturbance that might be useful. Could your familiar perhaps open their cage, when needed?"

He proceeds along with Hooli, investigating the different areas of the camp as discretely as possible.


The buildings to the west include what looks like an office and a guest house that appears to be of more recent construction than the other structures. It stands out as the only building in the camp that resembles a normal house.

To the east, there is a kitchen and a small dormitory building, as well as a large, long dormitory where the lumber camp's workers must have lived. There is also a large warehouse-like building that stands taller than the camp's fences.

The number of buildings provides many places to roam unseen.

Lantern Lodge

HP 35, AC 20, F +6, R +11, W +8 Kitsune rogue 3

"Who knows where they'd keep them. I'd do the dormitory if it were me ... so let's check the warehouse?" She assumes these things wouldn't think like her.


Male Smokeworker Hobgoblin Shi 3 - HP 44/47| AC 21 | F +9 R +7(10) W +8 | Perception +8 | Hero Points 2 |

"Precisely the kind of useless illogic I would expect of you Hooli. Still, nothing else about these days follows rationality. Lead the way."


M Nagaji Alchemist (Chirurgeon) [Medic Dedication] 3◆◇↺ Hp 43/43 AC (T) 20/21 Fort(T) +9, Ref(E) +8, Will(T) +5 Perception(T)+5 Low-Light Vision, Imprecise Scent 30' Exploration mode Investigate Conditions: Antidote

The Nagaji scratches his head, as he follows....


This warehouse-like building stands taller than the fences of the camp. Within, a makeshift wooden cage, apparently crafted from parts scavenged from large saws and other lumber work tools, sits before a haphazard throne made from a large root burl that’s nearly five feet tall.

A faceless noppera-bo in lamellar armor slouches on the throne brooding, while four other noppera-bos pester and mock four prisoners within the cage. You recognize them as some of the workers from Willowshore Stables.

Seeing you, the workers cry out for rescue. The four noppera-bo lackeys silently scamper over to the seated one's side, but he doesn't make any motion to stand up. Instead, he greets you telepathically.

"I suspected the town's heroes might come soon to try to rescue our prisoners. I am Mugirou, but I am not the one who orchestrated violence against your town. Zoudou the Zealous is the one who abducted your fellow townsfolk. She should be the true target of your vengeance."


M Nagaji Alchemist (Chirurgeon) [Medic Dedication] 3◆◇↺ Hp 43/43 AC (T) 20/21 Fort(T) +9, Ref(E) +8, Will(T) +5 Perception(T)+5 Low-Light Vision, Imprecise Scent 30' Exploration mode Investigate Conditions: Antidote

The Alchemist appears quite reluctant to rely on any response related by this noppera-bo Asshat....

The Nagaji awaits the inevitable discourse that degenerates into dangerous and damaging tirade....

He appears to be grinning.


Male Smokeworker Hobgoblin Shi 3 - HP 44/47| AC 21 | F +9 R +7(10) W +8 | Perception +8 | Hero Points 2 |

Kwan Tai casts his gaze laconically over the cages. "Will you release your captives then?"


"I don't enjoy what my underlings are doing, but Zoudou has much influence over them," Mugriou says. "I will offer you a deal. If you can eliminate her and all of her occultists, I promise I will free the prisoners and allow you to leave the camp unharmed."

451 to 490 of 490 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Brainiac's Season of Ghosts Table 2 Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.