GM Valen's PFS 1e The Devil We Know Parts III & IV: Crypt of Fools & Rules of the Swift (CORE)(Tier 3-4)

Game Master Lysle

Start Date: Part IV has begun!

Slides and Maps


351 to 400 of 681 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Female Human Rogue-4 | F:2, R:9, W:2 | hp: 20/20 | AC:18(MA) 15(BoA+1) 16(Leather)| Per-7, SM-4 | Init +4 | BAB+3, MAB+3, RAB+7 | TSRR:1 | CLW Wand: 20/50 MA Wand:48/50 AntiToxP:2 CMWP:2 CSWP:1 MAP:1 DVP:1| 124312-12 | LE

Getting a bit cozy in here isn't it?

Scarab Sages

GAMEDAY XII - CORE #01-41 The Devil We Know, Part IV: Rules of the Swift Female N Human Fighter 4 | HP 35/36 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | CMB +6, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +2 (+1 vs. fear)| Init +4 | Perc +8 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft

Merida steps forward and fires two more arrows at Dalirio...

+1 Longbow Point-Blank Rapid Shot Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 2 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 1 - 2 - 1 = 11 :-/
Magic Piercing: 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 8
+1 Longbow Point-Blank Rapid Shot Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 2 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 1 - 2 - 1 = 7 :-(
Magic Piercing: 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 7

"D*mmit!"

Sovereign Court

f N human Wizard 5 | HP 32/32 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMD 14 | F+3 R+3 W+4 | Init +2
Magic:
Color Spray 3, Feather Fall 1, Ray of Enfeeblement 1, Shield 1 | Blindness/Deafness 1, Ghoul Touch 1, Mirror Image 0 | Fireball 0, Halt Undead 0 || A-Bond -

All my dark power remained untapped today for this moment. Bow down before me, Dalirio

Religion: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

If Dalirio is undead, I'll move close and chanel Control Undead, DC 17 Will. If he is not, than I’ll cast Blindness/Deafness, DC 18 Fort.


Devil We Know | Burden of Envy | B12 Somewhere Below (GM School)

Ashtoret notes that Dalirio Teppish has become a male ghoul cleric of Groetus, capable of causing paralysis within those he wounds and ghoul fever.
Paralysis (1d4+1 rounds, DC 14, elves are immune to this effect)

Disease (Su) Ghoul Fever: Bite—injury; save Fort DC 13; onset 1 day; frequency 1 day; effect 1d3 Con and 1d3 Dex damage; cure 2 consecutive saves. The save DC is Charisma-based. A humanoid who dies of ghoul fever rises as a ghoul at the next midnight. A humanoid who becomes a ghoul in this way retains none of the abilities it possessed in life. It is not under the control of any other ghouls, but it hungers for the flesh of the living and behaves like a normal ghoul in all respects. A humanoid of 4 Hit Dice or more rises as a ghast.

Ashtoret wrote:
All my dark power remained untapped today for this moment. Bow down before me, Dalirio

Dalirio Teppish, Will save v channel w/resistence & desecration: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 19

"The end times are upon you and us all!" cries the ghoul. "You have outlived your usefulness. I shall put an end to your miserable existence--starting with your allies!"

Channel negative energy (30 ft. radius; DC 18): 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7
'
The skeleton strikes at its former master.
Skeleton (blue), Melee (broken scimitar) v Dalirio: 1d20 + 0 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 0 + 1 = 14
Damage (S): 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

DALIRIO'S DEN OF DEATH - Round Three Cont'd/Round Fourt Begins!

PCs in bold may act

Dalirio Teppish (red) -35 HP
Skeleton (blue)
Ashtoret -1 HP
Merida (Will save required)
Seebonickk (Will save required)
Nightkit (Will save required)
Round Three
Theron -9 HP (Will save required)
Menudo -4 HP (shield; Will save required)

Sovereign Court

f N human Wizard 5 | HP 32/32 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMD 14 | F+3 R+3 W+4 | Init +2
Magic:
Color Spray 3, Feather Fall 1, Ray of Enfeeblement 1, Shield 1 | Blindness/Deafness 1, Ghoul Touch 1, Mirror Image 0 | Fireball 0, Halt Undead 0 || A-Bond -

I have to be in the area of his channel, because I channeled too .)
Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Ashtoret winces at the wave of dark energy.
Well, I accept this duel. The Pale Princess doesn't need pitiful unbelievers like you!

Control Undead, DC 17 Will (I have 5 attempts more, hah)

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Rog 5| HP 36 | AC 20; Touch 14; FF 17 | F +5; R +8; W +3 | CMB+3; CMD 16 | Speed 20 ft | Init +3 | Perc +10 | Stealth: +12 Rogue 5

"Menudo you could go!"

Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Seebonickk stabs and jumps back.

attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Acrobatics to avoid AoO: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Scarab Sages

GAMEDAY XII - CORE #01-41 The Devil We Know, Part IV: Rules of the Swift Female N Human Fighter 4 | HP 35/36 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | CMB +6, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +2 (+1 vs. fear)| Init +4 | Perc +8 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft

Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 :-D

"Ouch! You will regret that! Here, catch!"

Merida fires two more arrows at Dalirio...

+1 Longbow Point-Blank Rapid Shot Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 2 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 1 - 2 - 1 = 24 Magic Piercing: 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 8
+1 Longbow Point-Blank Rapid Shot Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 2 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 1 - 2 - 1 = 21
Magic Piercing: 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 13

I'm curious if even one arrow hits with so much soft cover...

Grand Lodge

Female Human Rogue-4 | F:2, R:9, W:2 | hp: 20/20 | AC:18(MA) 15(BoA+1) 16(Leather)| Per-7, SM-4 | Init +4 | BAB+3, MAB+3, RAB+7 | TSRR:1 | CLW Wand: 20/50 MA Wand:48/50 AntiToxP:2 CMWP:2 CSWP:1 MAP:1 DVP:1| 124312-12 | LE

will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Nightkit shivers as the negative energy hits her. She then stabs back.

ss: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 piercing: 1d6 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + (4, 6) = 13

Grand Lodge

Paladin 5 - AC 22 T 12 FF 21 CMD 18- HP 36/36 -Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +6 , Init +3 Perc +2, Sense M +0, Smite 0/2, LoH 0/4, Base Speed 20

will save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Menudo has no patience for this war of wills, and aims to simply take the ghoul's head off.

Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

Uh uh, no way, product reroll with +5 GM stars.

Attack: 1d20 + 11 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 5 = 31

At least that's a hit, but I haven't had a critical threat in at least two scenarios and I'm using a freakin' curve blade!

magic slashing damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Devil We Know | Burden of Envy | B12 Somewhere Below (GM School)
Ashtoret wrote:

Well, I accept this duel. The Pale Princess doesn't need pitiful unbelievers like you!

Control Undead, DC 17 Will (I have 5 attempts more, hah)

Dalirio Teppish, Will save v channel w/resistence & desecration: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 23

The ghoul laughs off the Pathfinder's control efforts...

...before being promptly destroyed by the others.
After he acted, Dalirio was AC 15 and down to 2 HP.

The ghoul's head can be readily removed.

The skeleton he created crumbles into a heap of bones.
Should you wish to remove its head, you must succeed at a DC 15 Heal check.

COMBAT OVER

Dalirio had no items of note other than a holy symbol of Groetus.

If you check beneath the desk:
You find a chest under the desk contains several Cassomir trade bars worth about 5,500 gold pieces.

If you succeed at DC 15 Perception check, you may open the spoiler below:

Spoiler:
You find a hidden switch beneath the floor under Dalirio’s desk—pulling that switch rotates the entire room 90 degrees counterclockwise, effectively sealing the door to another area and opening a new door in the east wall that leads into the Ismacco tunnel system.
The tunnel system is beyond the scope of this scenario.

If you check the contents of the desk:
You find its drawers to be empty.
If you succeed at DC 12 Perception check, you may open the spoiler below:
Spoiler:
Your examination reveals a false bottom in the top drawer of the desk at the south end of the room. Inside the compartment, manuscripts describe two sinister plans: the first details Dalirio’s desire to create small bands of skeletons to assault Cassomir, and the second talks of a derro plan to use secret tunnels to infiltrate a major Cassomir building and kidnap everyone inside.

I'll pause here for a day or few, then wrap up this scenario.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Rogue-4 | F:2, R:9, W:2 | hp: 20/20 | AC:18(MA) 15(BoA+1) 16(Leather)| Per-7, SM-4 | Init +4 | BAB+3, MAB+3, RAB+7 | TSRR:1 | CLW Wand: 20/50 MA Wand:48/50 AntiToxP:2 CMWP:2 CSWP:1 MAP:1 DVP:1| 124312-12 | LE

Nightkit is giving that desk a thorough going over.
perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

She then pulls the chest out from under it.
perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

I am SO looking forward to washing this sewer smell off me. Who wants to join me for a swim - followed by a tavern?

Switch goes to Part 4?

Grand Lodge

male human fighter 5, HP 50, AC 21; T 13; FF 18; F +6, R +5, W +4, Init. +8, Perc. +7

will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Theron bellows in anger as the touch of darkness wracks his body. He is about to cut the ghoul in half when his foe drops dead from the combined assault if the others. He spits on the ghoul.

Good riddance...

He looks around, seeing if the mongrel had anything worthwhile to "donate" to the cause. He then grabs the ghoul's hair and tries to neatly slice the mutt's head off.

heal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13i assume i can get at least an assist...

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Hmm...what's this thing do... the burly warrior says as he finds a switch and discovers a tunnel system.

We might want to tell the higher ups about this...

He sits as lets his shoulders relax.

Aye...I'm in...gonna need a nice long soak to get rid of this stench. I'm gonna get good and drunk when we get back...

Scarab Sages

GAMEDAY XII - CORE #01-41 The Devil We Know, Part IV: Rules of the Swift Female N Human Fighter 4 | HP 35/36 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | CMB +6, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +2 (+1 vs. fear)| Init +4 | Perc +8 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 :-D

"Wait. What's that?" Merida points out the hidden switch beneath the floor under Dalirio’s desk. "Shall we pull it?"

Already had the posting typed (incl. rolls) but got distracted before I could post it... :-/

"Another tunnel system?! Yeah, I agree - we should tell the higher ups about it."

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 :-D

While helping Kit searching the desk the young fighter notices that the top drawer is heavier than the others. "Hey, there's a false bottom in this drawer!"

Heal: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17

"Amenopheus wants Dalirio's head, so let me help you, Theron." Merida grabs the head of the ghoul so Theron can use his sword with both hands and easily behead Dalirio. "See? It's way easier this way!"

After the bloody work is done, Merida answers Kit. "A swim? I'm in!" She then looks thoughtful for a few seconds, blushes a little, but finally seems to come to a decision and whispers something in Nightkit's ear.

Nightkit:

Are you really Nightkit?
No? Naughty, naughty, naughty! You'll get coal for Christmas! No presents for you! Go away! ;-)
Yes? Then read this:

Spoiler:
"Wanna go skinny dipping, just you and me? I know a place where we won't be disturbed..."

Grand Lodge

Female Human Rogue-4 | F:2, R:9, W:2 | hp: 20/20 | AC:18(MA) 15(BoA+1) 16(Leather)| Per-7, SM-4 | Init +4 | BAB+3, MAB+3, RAB+7 | TSRR:1 | CLW Wand: 20/50 MA Wand:48/50 AntiToxP:2 CMWP:2 CSWP:1 MAP:1 DVP:1| 124312-12 | LE

Nightkit smiles and nods to Merida.

Scarab Sages

GAMEDAY XII - CORE #01-41 The Devil We Know, Part IV: Rules of the Swift Female N Human Fighter 4 | HP 35/36 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | CMB +6, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +2 (+1 vs. fear)| Init +4 | Perc +8 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft

Merida smiles back. ^_^

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Rog 5| HP 36 | AC 20; Touch 14; FF 17 | F +5; R +8; W +3 | CMB+3; CMD 16 | Speed 20 ft | Init +3 | Perc +10 | Stealth: +12 Rogue 5

"That was rough all. I could use an ale and a rest!"

Sovereign Court

f N human Wizard 5 | HP 32/32 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMD 14 | F+3 R+3 W+4 | Init +2
Magic:
Color Spray 3, Feather Fall 1, Ray of Enfeeblement 1, Shield 1 | Blindness/Deafness 1, Ghoul Touch 1, Mirror Image 0 | Fireball 0, Halt Undead 0 || A-Bond -

A waste of un-life. Ashtoret looks thoughtfully at the dead ghoul. Wrong choice. What did you want by taking the path of a deity who doesn't care about you and who only wants destruction? Only the Pale Princess cares about us. And She will take care ... forever. She is quite seriously having a discussion with the ghoul's head, as if he can answer her now...

Grand Lodge

Female Human Rogue-4 | F:2, R:9, W:2 | hp: 20/20 | AC:18(MA) 15(BoA+1) 16(Leather)| Per-7, SM-4 | Init +4 | BAB+3, MAB+3, RAB+7 | TSRR:1 | CLW Wand: 20/50 MA Wand:48/50 AntiToxP:2 CMWP:2 CSWP:1 MAP:1 DVP:1| 124312-12 | LE

So does Desna Nightkit replies, listening in.I'd rather live life to the full, taking chances and having fun. And when I die I want to rush into the Boneyard saying "Whooooo. What a Rush. Can I go round again?"

Grand Lodge

Paladin 5 - AC 22 T 12 FF 21 CMD 18- HP 36/36 -Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +6 , Init +3 Perc +2, Sense M +0, Smite 0/2, LoH 0/4, Base Speed 20

Great. Somewhere else I can't bring a horse.

Menudo sighs.

Yes, an ale sounds good. Just cut me off before I start singing... too much.


Devil We Know | Burden of Envy | B12 Somewhere Below (GM School)
Nightkit wrote:
Switch goes to Part 4?

Maybe....

Layout of the room with switch function now revealed on Map.

Ashtoret wrote:
A waste of un-life. Ashtoret looks thoughtfully at the dead ghoul. Wrong choice. What did you want by taking the path of a deity who doesn't care about you and who only wants destruction? Only the Pale Princess cares about us. And She will take care ... forever. She is quite seriously having a discussion with the ghoul's head, as if he can answer her now...

The severed head remains silent, presently being at a loss for words.

With Dalirio defeated, the Pathfinders have thwarted his plans to send bands of skeletons to assault Cassomir. Upon hearing the news, the surviving engineers and other kidnapping victims praise you all for your timely intervention.

For her part, Hestia becomes worried about the uncovered plot to infiltrate a Cassomir building and make off with all of its inhabitants. She warns Cassomir’s officials about the tunnel system but laments that she is unable to provoke any satisfying responses from them. The authorities, in essence, either think the claims are false or simply can’t cut though the bureaucracy to make anything happen about the matter.

Meanwhile, there is more going on deep beneath Cassomir....

Primary Success Condition: The PCs explore the Crypt of Fools and defeat Dalirio Teppish--Done.

Secondary Success Condition: The PCs find both the manuscript of Dalirio’s plans and the switch that rotates the room--Done.

PART III ENDS

The game has already been reported. I will get chronicles out within the next couple of days. Please make sure your chronicle info is correct here.

At present, I have only Seebonickk on slow track; everyone else is normal.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Rogue-4 | F:2, R:9, W:2 | hp: 20/20 | AC:18(MA) 15(BoA+1) 16(Leather)| Per-7, SM-4 | Init +4 | BAB+3, MAB+3, RAB+7 | TSRR:1 | CLW Wand: 20/50 MA Wand:48/50 AntiToxP:2 CMWP:2 CSWP:1 MAP:1 DVP:1| 124312-12 | LE

Nightkit grins and whispers to Merida. I wonder what the odds are of Theron or Menudo getting a nosebleed when they see us in our swimwear? Assuming Menudo joins up in the communal baths

She looks over to Menudo. If you start singing, I might too

Grand Lodge

male human fighter 5, HP 50, AC 21; T 13; FF 18; F +6, R +5, W +4, Init. +8, Perc. +7

Cut you off when you start singing? I'll just pour you another one... Theron says in response to Menudo. I can't carry a tune in a wagon...but that hasn't stopped me from enjoying a good drink or ten...

Grand Lodge

Paladin 5 - AC 22 T 12 FF 21 CMD 18- HP 36/36 -Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +6 , Init +3 Perc +2, Sense M +0, Smite 0/2, LoH 0/4, Base Speed 20

I have seen women in their swimming garb before. More than that, I prefer to leave until my wedding night.


Devil We Know | Burden of Envy | B12 Somewhere Below (GM School)

Begin Part IV

Please make sure your information is correct on this Slide.

Having recently received one of a series of messages from a faction leader, you each respond once again to a summons from Venture-Captain Hestia Themis. The Slides with faction missions begin here. As before, these faction missions no longer have any mechanical impact on the scenario, so feel free to read one, all, or none.

Venture-Captain Hestia Themis, a woman of small stature, but great importance within Cassomir, sweeps locks of thick, raven hair away from her face. As she starts to speak, shrill horns bellow an alarm.

Hestia pauses for the signal to quiet, and as the trumpeting ring fades, her booming voice continues. “Colleagues, the city of Cassomir declared a state of emergency this morning. Late last night, a swarm of rats poured into Cassomir’s streets, spilling from every sewer grate within the Old Cassomir district. As the city guards dealt with this infestation, a large assault force of derros penetrated Swift Prison."

"Within a few hours, the derros emptied the Swift, and marched their new slaves into the Darklands." The woman shakes her head, the continues. "Normally we defer incidents like this to the authorities, but I offered our assistance. There’s an item of interest, a church bell called the bell of obedience, that may reside in Swift Prison’s chapel. We want to catalogue it and may never have another opportunity to explore the Swift unsupervised."

"While investigating the derro invasion, head to the chapel and inspect the bell. If possible, I want you to determine whether the Chapel’s bell is in fact the legendary bell of obedience without taking it from the prison. Cassomir’s constabulary is as of this moment fighting Cult of Nature’s Cataclysm devotees at the south entrance to the prison. The constabulary agreed to distract the cultists there so that you might approach the Swift from its north side and enter the prison from the south gate behind the cultists.”

At that moment, a teenage boy enters through the Cassomir Lodge’s front door and Themis gestures him over. “This is Nefti—I believe some of you may know him already. Though he works with the Aspis Consortium, he helped us rescue a fellow Pathfinder when this derro business began. It seems Nefti happened to be serving a debtor’s term inside the Swift when the abductions took place. For his testimony to last night’s events we secured his release. He agreed to escort you to a spot north of the Swift where he will tell you all he knows. Any questions?”

Grand Lodge

Female Human Rogue-4 | F:2, R:9, W:2 | hp: 20/20 | AC:18(MA) 15(BoA+1) 16(Leather)| Per-7, SM-4 | Init +4 | BAB+3, MAB+3, RAB+7 | TSRR:1 | CLW Wand: 20/50 MA Wand:48/50 AntiToxP:2 CMWP:2 CSWP:1 MAP:1 DVP:1| 124312-12 | LE

Nightkit frowns as the news of derro taking slaves is mentioned. She then looks thoughtful.

So, it's examine the bell then rescue the slaves? she asked. Any idea which way the derro went with them?

Grand Lodge

male human fighter 5, HP 50, AC 21; T 13; FF 18; F +6, R +5, W +4, Init. +8, Perc. +7

So much for a few extra days off...and i just got my armour cleaned...cost extra to get the stench from the sewers out... the burly Taldan says with a chuckle. He listens intently to the brief, grating his teeth at the mention of more derros.

I'm gonna make dealing with those mutts a specialty of mine... he says softly. He nods to Nefti, acknowledging the lad.

You got some guts, son...good on you. A lot wouldn't do what you're doing..

good to go gear wise...just adding a shield +1...also, we might want to get some magical curing...like scrolls or potions of restoration....scrolls are cheaper, but since we don't have a "healer" so to speak...potions might be a safer option...will update info later tonight..

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Rogue-4 | F:2, R:9, W:2 | hp: 20/20 | AC:18(MA) 15(BoA+1) 16(Leather)| Per-7, SM-4 | Init +4 | BAB+3, MAB+3, RAB+7 | TSRR:1 | CLW Wand: 20/50 MA Wand:48/50 AntiToxP:2 CMWP:2 CSWP:1 MAP:1 DVP:1| 124312-12 | LE

Nightkit nods over to Theron. Yeah ... know whacha mean. It's been sort of tempting tae go in with magical armour protection and the barest minimalist of actual armour. Don't suppose you know where I can get one of those legendary two piece chainmail outfits do ya? she says teasingly.

Also good to go, replacement Potion of Darkvision, Moderate and Serious potion of healing - and just enough left for 'entertainment/


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Devil We Know | Burden of Envy | B12 Somewhere Below (GM School)
Nightkit wrote:

Nightkit frowns as the news of derro taking slaves is mentioned. She then looks thoughtful.

So, it's examine the bell then rescue the slaves? she asked. Any idea which way the derro went with them?

"It is not a matter of priority as opportunity," replies the Venture-Captain. "The best place to start looking for the taken slaves would be the prison. It also happens to be where the bell is located. The completion of one task need not unduly delay the completion of the other."

"As for where the derro went?" The woman continues. “Nefti overheard some of their plans and is sure he knows the location beneath Cassomir’s Locker where they intend to take the prisoners.They have dozens or possibly hundreds of prisoners and are likely moving slowly beneath the city."

Theron Randallas wrote:
[You got some guts, son...good on you. A lot wouldn't do what you're doing..

“Nefti helped us in the past and I trust him." The Venture-Captain speaks affirmingly. "The Aspis Consortium is another matter entirely."

Nightkit wrote:
Don't suppose you know where I can get one of those legendary two piece chainmail outfits do ya? she says teasingly.

"If I knew, I'd be sure to tell you..." Both Hestia and Nefti begin to mutter softly, almost in unison, before realizing that other is also speaking.

The Venture-Captain clears her throat, seeking to quickly change the subject. “The governor ordered the constabulary to attack the Swift from Harbor Watch and clear out the persistent cultists it seems the derros left behind to cover the kidnapping. Hopefully with the cultists fighting the constables in the streets to the south of the prison, you’ll be able to enter from the north with little trouble."

I will pause to give the other PCs time to "check in" and/or ask questions.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Rogue-4 | F:2, R:9, W:2 | hp: 20/20 | AC:18(MA) 15(BoA+1) 16(Leather)| Per-7, SM-4 | Init +4 | BAB+3, MAB+3, RAB+7 | TSRR:1 | CLW Wand: 20/50 MA Wand:48/50 AntiToxP:2 CMWP:2 CSWP:1 MAP:1 DVP:1| 124312-12 | LE

Nightkit smiled at the Venture Captain and mouthed a silent 'Gotcha' at her. She then leaned back in her seat, smirking.

Still the thought of hundreds of prisoners gave her cause for concern.

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Rog 5| HP 36 | AC 20; Touch 14; FF 17 | F +5; R +8; W +3 | CMB+3; CMD 16 | Speed 20 ft | Init +3 | Perc +10 | Stealth: +12 Rogue 5

"When was the last time someone saw the bell?"

Grand Lodge

male human fighter 5, HP 50, AC 21; T 13; FF 18; F +6, R +5, W +4, Init. +8, Perc. +7

Theron was about the tell Kit to check an elven armourer to inquire about a mithril shirt...surely they can customize one into two piece, when Hestia and Nefti make their remarks. He raises an eyebrow and chuckles softly.

I might know a guy that can make that happen, Kit...

Scarab Sages

GAMEDAY XII - CORE #01-41 The Devil We Know, Part IV: Rules of the Swift Female N Human Fighter 4 | HP 35/36 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | CMB +6, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +2 (+1 vs. fear)| Init +4 | Perc +8 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft

"You really want to wear one of those two piece chainmail outfits, Kit? I wouldn't recommend it. Yeah, it might look nice, but here's my one word argument against it: Chafing. Trust me, it's really no fun."

I'm good to go, both level up and shopping are done (list of purchases: see discussion)


Devil We Know | Burden of Envy | B12 Somewhere Below (GM School)
Seebonickk Core character wrote:
"When was the last time someone saw the bell?"

"Presumably, the bell was last seen yesterday before the attack. I would assume that if the bell were to have disappeared, then word of such would have spread rather quickly," notes the Venture-Captain. "That being said, if the Swift prison were under attack, I would assume that any in charge would have made some effort to ring the bell, if at all possible. Even if the bell is not the legendary bell of obedience and is lacking in magical properties, ringing it should have brought local authorities to the prison in a rather--if you will pardon the expression--'swift' manner."

Once the assembled agents have finished asking questions, Hestia suggests the party make its way to Swift Prison.

Before heading to Swift Prison, some may wish to briefly investigate several topics concerning Hestia’s request.

Knowledge (local) or bardic knowledge (bell of obedience) (DC 10):
The bell of obedience is the nickname given to the Swift chapel’s bell. Former prisoners tell tales of the bell’s soothing ring.

If the result of the check meets or exceeds a DC 15, you may also open the spoiler below:

Spoiler:
Prisoners skilled in magic swear the bell strongly radiates arcane power from the school of enchantment.

If the result of the check meets or exceeds a DC 20, you may also open the spoiler below:

Spoiler:
A bell dating back to the time of old Azlant is rumored to make those who hear its clear ring susceptible to suggestion.

If the result of the check meets or exceeds a DC 25, you may also open the spoiler below:

Spoiler:
Some whisper that human hands did not construct the bell, but rather that the aberrant masters of a once mighty empire crafted it.

Knowledge (local) or bardic knowledge (the Swift kidnappings) (DC 10):
The rat plague came from the sewers under Cassomir. Some folks say Nature’s Cataclysm druids sent the rats as the city’s punishment for greedily taking too much blackwood for their shipbuilding industries.

If the result of the check meets or exceeds a DC 15, you may also open the spoiler below:

Spoiler:
A decayed, smelly undead creature ordered several mangy humans to stay behind and harass any who attempted to enter the keep.

If the result of the check meets or exceeds a DC 20, you may also open the spoiler below:

Spoiler:
After the derros abandoned the Swift, two humans who weren’t prisoners or guards were seen skulking about the Swift’s chapel.

If the result of the check meets or exceeds a DC 25, you may also open the spoiler below:

Spoiler:
The derros rounded up the entire population of Swift Prison, but after meeting with a wealthy-looking human they released one individual into his custody.

Sovereign Court

f N human Wizard 5 | HP 32/32 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMD 14 | F+3 R+3 W+4 | Init +2
Magic:
Color Spray 3, Feather Fall 1, Ray of Enfeeblement 1, Shield 1 | Blindness/Deafness 1, Ghoul Touch 1, Mirror Image 0 | Fireball 0, Halt Undead 0 || A-Bond -

Ashtoret listens in silence, then rolls her eyes and begins to pronounce the words...

Knowledge (local) - bell of obedience: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

The bell of obedience is the nickname given to the Swift chapel’s bell. Former prisoners tell tales of the bell’s soothing ring... Prisoners skilled in magic swear the bell strongly radiates arcane power from the school of enchantment... A bell dating back to the time of old Azlant is rumored to make those who hear its clear ring susceptible to suggestion... Some whisper that human hands did not construct the bell, but rather that the aberrant masters of a once mighty empire crafted it.

Knowledge (local) - the Swift kidnappings: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

The rat plague came from the sewers under Cassomir. Some folks say Nature’s Cataclysm druids sent the rats as the city’s punishment for greedily taking too much blackwood for their shipbuilding industries... A decayed, smelly undead creature ordered several mangy humans to stay behind and harass any who attempted to enter the keep... After the derros abandoned the Swift, two humans who weren’t prisoners or guards were seen skulking about the Swift’s chapel... The derros rounded up the entire population of Swift Prison, but after meeting with a wealthy-looking human they released one individual into his custody...

The near-trance state ends, she blinks a couple of times and then smiles. The smile could be shy, but it turns out to be rather sinister.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Rogue-4 | F:2, R:9, W:2 | hp: 20/20 | AC:18(MA) 15(BoA+1) 16(Leather)| Per-7, SM-4 | Init +4 | BAB+3, MAB+3, RAB+7 | TSRR:1 | CLW Wand: 20/50 MA Wand:48/50 AntiToxP:2 CMWP:2 CSWP:1 MAP:1 DVP:1| 124312-12 | LE

You've worn one? Kit asks Merida. I'm sorry I missed that .... but ... yeah ... something we can think about later before someone has apoplexy. Besides, a thin leather inner should fix that .....

Erm ... anyway ... oh yeah .. the bell and ... nicely punned Venture Captain. Are you talking Aboliths Ashtoret? Sounds like something they'd do tae keep their azaketi slaves in check.

Nope. No further questions ma'am


Devil We Know | Burden of Envy | B12 Somewhere Below (GM School)

Nefti leads the party to within a block of the Swift Prison on the north side, which bypasses the skirmishes with cultists, the sounds of which can be heard ringing out from the southern side of the prison.

Nefti gestures at the towering walls of Swift Prison and the ramshackle buildings that make up the rest of the prison’s grounds. “This is as far as I go. Beyond the Swift’s thick gates, the Ismacco tunnels await. Deep below the keep, within the sewers, the derros are marching the guards and prisoners into the depths of Golarion. Be careful, several of those Nature’s Cataclysm freaks still roam the Swift’s grounds.”

The young man appears eager to depart.

What do you wish to do, Pathfinders?

Grand Lodge

male human fighter 5, HP 50, AC 21; T 13; FF 18; F +6, R +5, W +4, Init. +8, Perc. +7

Can't say as I blame you for not wanting to go further, kid...you've done the society a favour...and they don't forget who helped them... Theron says with a nod as he turns to face the prison. He grabs his sword with his meaty fist, eager to get the mission over with.

adding a belt of strength +2...will adjust the sheet when my headache is gone...hurts to think...

Scarab Sages

GAMEDAY XII - CORE #01-41 The Devil We Know, Part IV: Rules of the Swift Female N Human Fighter 4 | HP 35/36 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | CMB +6, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +2 (+1 vs. fear)| Init +4 | Perc +8 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft

"Wow, Ash, you really know a lot of things!"

The fighter is impressed by the broad and deep knowledge the wizard has.

--------

Merida draws her bow and nocks an arrow.

"I think we should move on and try to find the bell. Shall we?"

Ready to start moving!

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Rog 5| HP 36 | AC 20; Touch 14; FF 17 | F +5; R +8; W +3 | CMB+3; CMD 16 | Speed 20 ft | Init +3 | Perc +10 | Stealth: +12 Rogue 5

Seebonickk draws his sword and moves near Merida.

"Ready"

Grand Lodge

Female Human Rogue-4 | F:2, R:9, W:2 | hp: 20/20 | AC:18(MA) 15(BoA+1) 16(Leather)| Per-7, SM-4 | Init +4 | BAB+3, MAB+3, RAB+7 | TSRR:1 | CLW Wand: 20/50 MA Wand:48/50 AntiToxP:2 CMWP:2 CSWP:1 MAP:1 DVP:1| 124312-12 | LE

Nightkit draws her short sword and takes point. She had also cashed in a few favours and obtained a Wand of Mage Armour.

Sovereign Court

f N human Wizard 5 | HP 32/32 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMD 14 | F+3 R+3 W+4 | Init +2
Magic:
Color Spray 3, Feather Fall 1, Ray of Enfeeblement 1, Shield 1 | Blindness/Deafness 1, Ghoul Touch 1, Mirror Image 0 | Fireball 0, Halt Undead 0 || A-Bond -

Ashtoret smiles at Merida mysteriously (and not even ominously). She then uses the mage armor wand and charges the crossbow. To the bell!


Devil We Know | Burden of Envy | B12 Somewhere Below (GM School)

Nefti swiftly departs, visibly relieved that the party has no questions for him.

The party now stands in the streets north of the Swift Prison.

Two large buildings dominate the Swift’s northern half. Having been to the institution previously, the party has some familiarity with the area.

The northernmost building, just west of a shadowy backstreet called “Miscreant Alley,” is a combination of an apartment complex and factory. To the south, across a street labeled “Debtor’s Lane,” lies another apartment complex, its lower floors a mix of ever-changing shops. To the east is an open-air bazaar dubbed “Convict’s Market,” complete with stalls and a central well, and to the west more dwellings litter the grounds.

To the south, across “Beggar’s Lane,” stands the north wall of the central keep. To the keep’s east, and the market’s south, several larger homes reserved for the Swift’s more wealthy criminals exist, and touch lush gardens creating a barrier between these dwellings and the keep’s stone walls. To the south of the keep at the Swift’s southernmost border rests the prison’s largest building—the Greedy Narses. Therein the indoor market, mess hall, Swift chapel, and beggar’s boxes reside.

Outside the Greedy Narse stands the gilded statue of the golden lady who stares dispassionately at those who fill the beggar’s boxes with spare coins.

How does the party wish to approach the Swift and search for the bell? Please move your tokens accordingly on the Map and provide any accompanying skill checks.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Rogue-4 | F:2, R:9, W:2 | hp: 20/20 | AC:18(MA) 15(BoA+1) 16(Leather)| Per-7, SM-4 | Init +4 | BAB+3, MAB+3, RAB+7 | TSRR:1 | CLW Wand: 20/50 MA Wand:48/50 AntiToxP:2 CMWP:2 CSWP:1 MAP:1 DVP:1| 124312-12 | LE

Nightkit goes into Hide and Go Sneak mode.
stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

and keeps a careful lookout.
perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Scarab Sages

GAMEDAY XII - CORE #01-41 The Devil We Know, Part IV: Rules of the Swift Female N Human Fighter 4 | HP 35/36 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | CMB +6, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +2 (+1 vs. fear)| Init +4 | Perc +8 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft

Merida follows Nightkit (more or less) silently, looking for any sign of trouble.

Stealth - ACP: 1d20 + 6 - 0 ⇒ (14) + 6 - 0 = 20

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Grand Lodge

male human fighter 5, HP 50, AC 21; T 13; FF 18; F +6, R +5, W +4, Init. +8, Perc. +7

Theron waits as the two stealthier members do their work. He watches out as well, should they not catch something.

perc: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Devil We Know | Burden of Envy | B12 Somewhere Below (GM School)

As the party heads toward Miscreant Alley, some of them hear the mutterings of a curse-filled prayer to Groetus coming from within the darkened alley.

Perception:

Perception, Menudo: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Perception, Nightkit=22
Perception, Theron=12
Perception, Seebonickk: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Perception, Merida=28
Perception, Ashtoret: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
Perception, Cultist (blue): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Perception, Cultist (green): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Perception, Cultist (purple): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Perception, Cultist (red): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

The source is evident, a band of cultists and their companion rats of unusual size!

Initiative:

Initiative, Menudo: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Initiative, Nightkit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Initiative,Theron: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Initiative, Seebonickk: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Initiative, Merida: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Initiative, Ashtoret: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Initiative, Cultist (blue): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16
Initiative, Cultist (green): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10
Initiative, Cultist (purple): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14
Initiative, Cultist (red): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19

Most of the cultists do not appear to be surprised at any subtier, but several of the Pathfinders get the jump on them!

STALKERS OF THE SWIFT! - Surprise Round Begins!

PCs in bold may take a standard OR move action

Theron
Merida
Seebonickk
Cultist (red)
Cultist (blue)
Ashtoret
Cultist (purple)
Cultist (green)
Nightkit
Menudo

PC starting location and Map updated accordingly.

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Rog 5| HP 36 | AC 20; Touch 14; FF 17 | F +5; R +8; W +3 | CMB+3; CMD 16 | Speed 20 ft | Init +3 | Perc +10 | Stealth: +12 Rogue 5

Seebonickk moves for cover by a bush and grabs his crossbow.

maybe I'll get a shot off from cover

Grand Lodge

Female Human Rogue-4 | F:2, R:9, W:2 | hp: 20/20 | AC:18(MA) 15(BoA+1) 16(Leather)| Per-7, SM-4 | Init +4 | BAB+3, MAB+3, RAB+7 | TSRR:1 | CLW Wand: 20/50 MA Wand:48/50 AntiToxP:2 CMWP:2 CSWP:1 MAP:1 DVP:1| 124312-12 | LE

Aw... Nightkit remarks as she sees the swarm of cultists and rats. Ashtoret. Could you please use my wand of mage armour on me please and thank you?

Scarab Sages

GAMEDAY XII - CORE #01-41 The Devil We Know, Part IV: Rules of the Swift Female N Human Fighter 4 | HP 35/36 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | CMB +6, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +2 (+1 vs. fear)| Init +4 | Perc +8 | SM +0 | Speed 30ft

Merida draws her bow and nocks an arrow, ready to shoot!

Grand Lodge

Paladin 5 - AC 22 T 12 FF 21 CMD 18- HP 36/36 -Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +6 , Init +3 Perc +2, Sense M +0, Smite 0/2, LoH 0/4, Base Speed 20

If I am late for my turn, I move in and attack the nearest bad thing. Ideally a cultist before a rat, if it's an even choice.

351 to 400 of 681 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Valen's PFS 1e 1-41 The Devil We Know Part I: Crypt of Fools (CORE) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.