Bounty Board (#1-#7) (Inactive)

Game Master rainzax

Bounty #2 Synopsis:
A Druman farmer posts a request for adventurers to begin an immediate investigation into the murder of his prized alpacas! Farmer Harjack's land is located just north of the town known as Petitioner's Point, and all he knows for certain is that a creature comes in the night and drains alpacas of their blood before disappearing into the dark. As the PCs investigations lead them into the nearby wilderness, they'll need to be ready to bring all their skills to bear if they hope to track the creature down to its lair and put it down before it can harm any more defenseless animals.

Slides / Maps > LINK
Resource > (GM Numbat's) Org Play PbP intro
Action Symbols > Single (◆), Double (◆◆), Triple (◆◆◆), Free (◇), Reaction (↺)
Status Symbols > ♥️ hit points, ☘️ hero points, ✋ held items, ⚕ status conditions

Bounty Schedule:

1) Whitefang Wyrm @ GM Merisial the risen @ May-June @ Gameplay
2) Blood of the Beautiful @ QM rainzax @ June-July
3) Shadows and Scarecrows @ GM Computerpro82 @ July-Aug
4) Cat’s Cradle @ GM Melda @ Aug-Sept
5) Witch’s Winter Holiday @ GM Super Zero @ Sept-Oct
6) The Road from Otari @ GM Frost @ Oct-Nov
7) Bounty #7 @ ??/?? (ahead of schedule)


151 to 195 of 195 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

"Doctor? Me? Naw, but we can get you water."

Zòila manages to produce an effective tincture. Made of ingredients on-hand it's not enough to last a month, but "Ah! That ought to tide me over until Kupyn makes her delivery. Thanks much! We'll get you those potatoes--oh, and bring out some of that solvent! This stuff is for dissolving rocks. For most folks I don't think bottles of corrosive liquid would make the best thank-you gift, but you're adventuring types, right? I'm sure you'll come up with a creative use for 'em!"

In addition to the potatoes, Jaget Steim gives you two flasks of ore solvent. They are essentially lesser acid flasks.

"Hope to see you all at the Winter Week Feast!"

Grand Archive

CG Human Female Rogue 1 | Speed 25 ft. | AC 18 (20 with dodge) | hp 17/17 | Fort +4, Ref +9, Will +5 | Percep +5| Focus 0/0 | Hero: 1 | Conditions: None | Exploration: Avoid Notice

"Well, Zòila, that went quite well. Where shall we head next? Softening a stingy old git sounds simple enough, I don't know that much about brownies", Zenobia chats about the next task.

Radiant Oath

Female Dwarf Cleric of Folgrit 1 (HP: 20/20) (AC:13 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +9) (Perc: +7)

"Yes, let's go see Farmer Greetle now. I know a thing or two about dealing with grumpy old men, you know, I have a husband!", Granny chuckles.

Horizon Hunters

LG Halfling (Gutsy Othoban) Time Traveler Psychic (Precise Discipline by Infinite Eye) / Loremaster 1 | ◆◇↺ | Explore: Detect Magic
Stats:
AC 16 or 18 w/ calculate threat | Fortitude (+3), Reflex (+6), Will (+7) | Perception (+5) | Speed 25
♥️ 12/12 | ☀️ (□□) | ☘️ □ | ✋✋ Staffsling | ⚕ none | ♠️ (☑□)

Turning to Zenobia "May I call you Thea?" twinkling her eyes "I shall come to know a great great great grand-..." she pauses here to access her memory, which, it seems, stalls a moment as she decides between "-daughter? mother? Goodness!" somewhat exasperated, she recovers quickly notwithstanding "Person" she decides is the correction before seamlessly continuing "with whom I shall become more closely acquainted. Yes. It is a warm name..." smiling.

To Gerrika "A knack indeed. Let us see what this farmer had for carrots for Kupyn's brew - and to what extent her reputation had obstacled our path back- >ahem< for-ward!"

Grand Archive

CG Human Female Rogue 1 | Speed 25 ft. | AC 18 (20 with dodge) | hp 17/17 | Fort +4, Ref +9, Will +5 | Percep +5| Focus 0/0 | Hero: 1 | Conditions: None | Exploration: Avoid Notice

"Thea is fine, just don't even try to rhyme it with anything", Zenobia Thea answers Zòila. Zenobia doesn't seem to be bothered in any
way by Zòila's vague connection to the normal flow of time.

"And I have experience with smug people thinking too much of themselves", she answers Gerrika. "One of our ways should get us the vegetables."

Envoy's Alliance

[S99-01] LG Male Empty Sky Kitsune Life Oracle of Healing 2 / Medic | Field Medic | HP 30/30, AC 16 w Padded Armor (17 w Shield raised), Fortitude* +5, Reflex* +5, Will** +9, Perception* +7 (Low-light vision), Stealth +1 | Speed 25 ft. | Exploration Activity Search | Active Conditions | ◆◇↺

Delta respectfully bows at the dwarf before they exit out with potatoes and some flask in their possession. "How generous this man, he even give us some acids." he comments happily to himself. "Let's check some vegetables like carrots and celeries."

"To the farm!"


From the new paint and fine wooden carvings of the farmers’ god Erastil lining the gate, it’s evident the farmer has been doing well.

Bunwol Greetle, an elderly human, sits on the front porch with his grandchildren, shelling peas and singing about rock stew. Far from unfriendly, when Farmer Greetle sees people approaching, a smile breaks over his face. “Hail and well met, strangers! What can I do for you on this fine day?”

Grand Archive

CG Human Female Rogue 1 | Speed 25 ft. | AC 18 (20 with dodge) | hp 17/17 | Fort +4, Ref +9, Will +5 | Percep +5| Focus 0/0 | Hero: 1 | Conditions: None | Exploration: Avoid Notice

Zenobia draws deep breath, concentrates a moment and then switches to her professional entertainer routine, smiling widely and using a very sweet voice. "Well how appropriate for that song! You must remember what time of the year it is!" she addresses the farmer, then shifts her focus on the children. "You know, in that song, all the people gave what little they had to the witch, who then, with the rock and her magic, made the soup grow in her pot to feed everyone. And then, every year, to remember this event, people have given the witch the ingredients to make a rock soup again, to be shared by everyone. And everyone knows the best carrots and celery grow on this very farm!"

Radiant Oath

Female Dwarf Cleric of Folgrit 1 (HP: 20/20) (AC:13 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +9) (Perc: +7)

"Good morning, Mr. Greetle! So happy to see you and the little ones are doing fine." Granny Granitehead waves to the children. "Yeah, just like Zenobia here just said, we're helping cook the rock stew this year, and your vegetables are just the thing we're missing. Isn't that right, kinderlach? Grandpa Bunwol grows the best carrots in town! Make your eyes sharp and your bones strong."


"That's right!" Greetle says proudly to Zenobia, "In fact, this here's the farm that supplies 'em for the community's rock stew. One of my fondest memories is the year I fond the stone in my bowl when I was only six."

The children giggle, but his face sours a little when Gerrika says the party is there representing Kupyn, however, "Hmph! Yeah, I always thought the festival was about the whole town working together. But I hear that witch grumbling about how hard it is and how she has to do everything. Well, if we're not pitching in then I guess that means she doesn't want us to donate anything. That'll be two silvers."

Something seems to occur to the old farmer, and he hesitates a little. "Hang on, you're not from around here are you? You know that story? Where'd you hear that song?"

Perhaps Greetle can be convinced that Kupyn has some holiday spirit after all.

Diplomacy--or maybe Performance to sing the song!

Envoy's Alliance

[S99-01] LG Male Empty Sky Kitsune Life Oracle of Healing 2 / Medic | Field Medic | HP 30/30, AC 16 w Padded Armor (17 w Shield raised), Fortitude* +5, Reflex* +5, Will** +9, Perception* +7 (Low-light vision), Stealth +1 | Speed 25 ft. | Exploration Activity Search | Active Conditions | ◆◇↺

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

"From Kupyn herself, actually," Delta chimes in with a vulpine grin in his face. "She even sings the song for us, let me do it for you..."

Rock stew for me, rock stew for you!
It’s the soup that helps us in all that we do!

If you want to make it, you need a few things,
Potatoes, carrots, celery, and
FIVE SCALLION RINGS

Rock stew for me, rock stew for you!
It’s the dish that helps us see winter through!

Some salt, some pepper,
a cauldron of bounty,
a few cuts of mutton
and a magic rock or three!

Rock stew for me, rock stew for you!
Have a Happy Winter Week, let’s eat some stew!

Delta ends the song with an awkward flat in the end, but with a smile of course, confident of his poor performance. "The song has carrots and celery on it." he adds while waiting for Greetle to respond about his performance.


"Did she now," says the farmer thoughtfully. He laughs and adds, "Yes, I can tell that you only just learned it. Oh, run along and get those bags of vegetables we set out for Ms. Kupyn," he says to the children, who hurry along.

Greetle stands and moves closer. "Well, I'm probably being unfair. I'm happy Kupyn is still showing enough Winter Week spirit to share our song with travelers! You can forget about the money, I'm just being grouchy and taking it out on you. I hope you come to the feast!"

The children scurry out, bringing bags of carrots and celery.

Radiant Oath

Female Dwarf Cleric of Folgrit 1 (HP: 20/20) (AC:13 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +9) (Perc: +7)

"See, it was all just a big misunderstanding. Everyone wants to enjoy some community rock stew, you know. Now, I think it's time to take the dog on a walk and talk to some brownies."


As you approach the grove, a multitude of twinkling lights begin dancing about in the shadows beneath the ancient trees. Giggles and whispers fill the air, but you see nothing. Upon reaching the center of the grove, where scallions, garlic, onions, and chives grow in thick clumps amid the dark soil, the whispering stops and the twinkling lights fade.

Several diminutive fey wearing leaves and flowers emerge from their hiding places from within the wood. One, taller than the rest, wearing a crown of woven scallions and holding a purple onion flower (several times her height) like a scepter, steps forward. “I am Nelia Starsister, the Grove’s Grand Garlicia and Alliumic Empress. Who are you to set foot in our domain?”

She's somewhat undermined by other brownies poking their heads out to stare in awe at Darb, Kupyn's dog, referring to him in hushed tones as “Lord Darbington the Golden” or “Sir Darbious the Glorious.”

Image added; she doesn't have a knife, it's the brownie art from the Bestiary.

Radiant Oath

Female Dwarf Cleric of Folgrit 1 (HP: 20/20) (AC:13 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +9) (Perc: +7)

"Oh, it's good to meet you, Neila. My name is Gerrika Granitehead, but you can just call me Granny; these are my companions, and I think you know our little Darb here. We've come to collect some scallion rings for the holiday rock stew, if you don't mind parting with some, you know."

Grand Archive

CG Human Female Rogue 1 | Speed 25 ft. | AC 18 (20 with dodge) | hp 17/17 | Fort +4, Ref +9, Will +5 | Percep +5| Focus 0/0 | Hero: 1 | Conditions: None | Exploration: Avoid Notice

"For the whole community to share and enjoy, as you know." Zenobia adds to Gerrika's introduction.

She tries to help the brownies get friendly with Darb, using her experience of showing horses and other large animals to children at a circus.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

"I see. Representatives of Kupyn, the fair Witch of Scallion's Wrap. Of course we have prepared the requisite scallions, as tradition dictates and in accordion with the most glorious hymn.

"However, we didst have a recent altercation with Ms. Baro. The esteemed Master Darbworthy the Great was entrusted to our company. Seeking only to help his golden hair look ever more noble, we braided it and adorned his glorious fur with ribbons. When Kupyn came to us, we thought her amused, but nigh! She flew into a temper, she screamed at us an' an' an'--she knocked down our castle!"

The Grand Garlicia bursts into tears and points at several logs arranged as though they had fallen over after being arranged into a crude hut.

"We don't know why she got mad but we're soooorrryyyy! She's! So! Mean!" Nellia sticks out her tongue, among a chorus echoes of crying "sorry" and "mean."

The adventurers may be able to bring her back around to the topic by convincing her Kupyn meant no harm (Diplomacy) or by putting their hut back together--a matter more of hefting the heavy logs than of proper building technique (Athletics). Or maybe they have another idea?

Radiant Oath

Female Dwarf Cleric of Folgrit 1 (HP: 20/20) (AC:13 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +9) (Perc: +7)

"Oh, yes, we've heard of the mess Kupyn accidentally made here, you know, she told us all about it. I assure you, she meant no harm, but you have to understand why she got mad - did you ask little Darb here if he wants his hair done?"

Gerrika pets the dog, letting his golden fur flow. "It's very rude to give someone a makeover like that without permission, you know, and it's meticulous work to get his hair back how he likes it! Now, let's leave all that behind us and join together to make delicious rock stew; that's what holiday spirit is all about, or so I hear."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Horizon Hunters

LG Halfling (Gutsy Othoban) Time Traveler Psychic (Precise Discipline by Infinite Eye) / Loremaster 1 | ◆◇↺ | Explore: Detect Magic
Stats:
AC 16 or 18 w/ calculate threat | Fortitude (+3), Reflex (+6), Will (+7) | Perception (+5) | Speed 25
♥️ 12/12 | ☀️ (□□) | ☘️ □ | ✋✋ Staffsling | ⚕ none | ♠️ (☑□)

"A fit of rage - what an uncalculable collateral! - perhaps we could, upon our departure, err, return, arrange a formal apology on Kupyn's behalf to you Nelia Starsister and yours, with Master Darbworthy the Great standing by to proctor as a neutral 3rd party?"

Un-rolled Aid to Gerrika

Horizon Hunters

”Simon Templar” | Male NG orc undine Monk 1 | HP 21/21 | AC 17 | F +6 R +7 W +8 | Perc +6 | Default Exploration ( Searching) | Speed 30ft | Salt Wound used 0/1 | Active Conditions: None

Perhaps I can help reassemble your charming abode.

Athletics to lift and carry: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Oof, I think I threw out my back.


Oh, I forgot to mention you get a +2 circumstance bonus to all checks with the brownies due to having Darb with you. Which makes that a critical success (and a regular failure).

While Simon is helping with the castle ("Nooo! You're doing it wrong!"), Nelia giggles.

"Oh Granny, that's silly! Though Sir Darbington the Illustrious may have a most reputable name, he's a dog! He doesn't care! Though.. perhaps we should check with Ms. Baro.

"Yes. It is oft said by our ancestors in the First World that those who traffic with mortals must be ever wary, for your kind are both unpredictable and bound by rituals most obscure.

"In any case--bring forth the scallions!"

A trio of brownies appears almost out of nowhere, bearing a large tray holding scallions tied into neat bundles.

"Our contribution to the stone soup for the Feast, in symbolic recognition of our contribution the stone soup that once saved the town," Nelia says with a bow. "We shall make an appearance at the Winter Week feast, and hope to encounter your presence once again!"

Grand Archive

CG Human Female Rogue 1 | Speed 25 ft. | AC 18 (20 with dodge) | hp 17/17 | Fort +4, Ref +9, Will +5 | Percep +5| Focus 0/0 | Hero: 1 | Conditions: None | Exploration: Avoid Notice

"Great, see you there! We have all the ingredients now! Thank you once more!" Zenobia waves a goodbye to the brownies.

She drops her show smile and grumbles to the party on their way back: "The one tradition that should bring the people together and they start bickering about pointless things just before it. What is wrong with them?"

Envoy's Alliance

[S99-01] LG Male Empty Sky Kitsune Life Oracle of Healing 2 / Medic | Field Medic | HP 30/30, AC 16 w Padded Armor (17 w Shield raised), Fortitude* +5, Reflex* +5, Will** +9, Perception* +7 (Low-light vision), Stealth +1 | Speed 25 ft. | Exploration Activity Search | Active Conditions | ◆◇↺

Delta happily receives the scallions. "Kupyn would be very happy to hear that!" he tells Nelia. "And Sir Darbington the Illustrious too!" he adds.

"That's two down, have one ingredient left. Let's go and get those... what is it again?" he asks, not minding the complaining Zenobia about people and festivities.

Radiant Oath

Female Dwarf Cleric of Folgrit 1 (HP: 20/20) (AC:13 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +9) (Perc: +7)

"Carrots and celery from Farmer Greetle, potatoes from the dwarf miners, and scallions from the brownies... I think we have everything for the stew now, all that's left is to prepare it. Let's go hand over everything to Ms. Baro."


Kupyn's cottage is brightly colored, with a thatched roof and tall chimney merrily puffing smoke into the brisk air. A cauldron sits outside the door--the one from the story?

It bubbles and froths, and as the adventurers approach it begins to rumble and quake.

It spills over, having multiplied what was placed in it--a tiny rock. The cobblestones start rolling towards the party, hungrily gnashing their gleaming, sharp teeth.
Which is alarming, as it's somewhat unusual behavior for rocks.

The cauldron continues roiling and shaking. Something has clearly gone wrong with its enchantment, and something should probably be done about it. Someone with the right know-how might be able to set those glowing runes right, or at least turn them off (two actions to Disable, Arcana, Thievery, or Crafting).
Or someone could just disable it by force by breaking it.
Kupyn's cauldron.
Her family heirloom.
Passed down through the generations.
The object of local legend.
The focal point the town's major holiday celebration.

Someone could just smash it.

Gerrika and Simon's turns.

Initiative:
Gerrika (20/20)
Simon (21/21)
Cobbleswarm
Delta (19/19)
Zenobia (17/17)
Grandmother Time (12/12)

GM Dice:
Cobbleswarm: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Grandmother Time: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Delta: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Zenobia: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Gerrika: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Simon: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Horizon Hunters

”Simon Templar” | Male NG orc undine Monk 1 | HP 21/21 | AC 17 | F +6 R +7 W +8 | Perc +6 | Default Exploration ( Searching) | Speed 30ft | Salt Wound used 0/1 | Active Conditions: None

Simon will do his best to disable the swarm.
Crafting to disable the swarm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

I don't think I can make them stronger.

For his third action, he will adopt Reflective Ripple Stance


Disabling the cauldron works require being adjacent to it. Disabling the swarm probably requires damage.

Edit: RPG Chronicles
Slides

Horizon Hunters

”Simon Templar” | Male NG orc undine Monk 1 | HP 21/21 | AC 17 | F +6 R +7 W +8 | Perc +6 | Default Exploration ( Searching) | Speed 30ft | Salt Wound used 0/1 | Active Conditions: None

Can I amend my action then? I assumed this was theater of the mind cause I didn't see a link. If I can Amend, new actions below:

◆ adopt Reflective Ripple Stance

◆ Stride

◆ Flurry of Blows the Swarm
flowing wave +6 (disarm, nonlethal, agile, finesse, trip, water): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Damage 1d6+3 B: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

flowing wave +6 (disarm, nonlethal, agile, finesse, trip, water): 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 6 - 4 = 10
Damage 1d6+3 B: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Wow. Two 10s to hit

Radiant Oath

Female Dwarf Cleric of Folgrit 1 (HP: 20/20) (AC:13 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +9) (Perc: +7)

"Oh, I don't think this was supposed to happen." Gerrika hurries over to the cauldron and attempts to undo the magic making it function. "You take care of the rocks, I'll make sure no stew monster comes after us next."

Crafting: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

◆: Stride, ◆◆: Disable the cauldron


Simon finds that it's tricky to land a solid hit on the scrambling stones.

Gerrika has more luck, and has makes progress towards disabling the cauldron's enchantment.

The swarm of gnashing rocks surges over Simon. Under his feet, grabbing onto his clothing with sharp teeth, and knocking into his legs, they manage to knock him down as they swarm over him and try to pin him in place.
As a swarm of smaller creatures, the Cobbleswarm can share space with other creatures. Its space is difficult terrain.
It steps into Simon's space and uses its Grasping Bites ability for two actions. It succeeds at its check, knocking him prone and grabbing him.

Delta, Zenobia, and Grandmother Time's turns. Slides.

Initiative:
Gerrika (20/20)
Simon (21/21, prone, grabbed by Cobbleswarm)
Cobbleswarm (Grabbing Simon)
Delta (19/19)
Zenobia (17/17)
Grandmother Time (12/12)
Cauldron (1/3 successes to Disable)

GM Dice:
Athletics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Grand Archive

CG Human Female Rogue 1 | Speed 25 ft. | AC 18 (20 with dodge) | hp 17/17 | Fort +4, Ref +9, Will +5 | Percep +5| Focus 0/0 | Hero: 1 | Conditions: None | Exploration: Avoid Notice

Zenobia runs to the cauldron. "Oh no, what did she do?", she says and examines the cauldron. "Wait, what's this? The glow follows the runes... if I stick something there..." she tries to redirect the glow with a lockpick she pulls out of her pocket.

Stride
◆◆ Thievery: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Horizon Hunters

LG Halfling (Gutsy Othoban) Time Traveler Psychic (Precise Discipline by Infinite Eye) / Loremaster 1 | ◆◇↺ | Explore: Detect Magic
Stats:
AC 16 or 18 w/ calculate threat | Fortitude (+3), Reflex (+6), Will (+7) | Perception (+5) | Speed 25
♥️ 12/12 | ☀️ (□□) | ☘️ □ | ✋✋ Staffsling | ⚕ none | ♠️ (☑□)

Arriving at just the right moment amid all the excitement, Zòila skims the temporal dimension to pet Darb a couple of times, firm but slow, her motions fast-forwarded to the outside world, before easily striding over to address the malfunctioning cauldron.

”This alloy is particularly sensitive to elemental radiation - you should look into reinforcing it with...” she describes to Kupyn what different construction material might in the future circumvent magical leakage...

◇) Stride via Bend Time
◆) Stride
◆◆) Disable

Disable (Crafting): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Hero Point!
Disable (Crafting): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Zenobia manages to redirect some of the magical energy away from the cauldron, which means that it's almost... huh. That was easier than she expected, as though the cauldron had been just a little less out of control all along. It settles down and stops shaking, filled with water and a single stone.

That just leaves the stones already expelled to deal with.

That leaves Delta's turn. And Gerrika and Simon, actually, since the cauldron doesn't need a turn any more.

Initiative:
Gerrika (20/20)
Simon (21/21, prone, grabbed by Cobbleswarm)
Cobbleswarm (Grabbing Simon)
Delta (19/19)
Zenobia (17/17)
Grandmother Time (12/12)

Radiant Oath

Female Dwarf Cleric of Folgrit 1 (HP: 20/20) (AC:13 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +9) (Perc: +7)

"There, that wasn't so hard. Now to calm down this rowdy pile of rocks; it's just like placating a fussy child. You know, when my son Balfour was still this small... ah, I'll tell you all about it later."

Granny steps up next to Simon and says an incantation, instilling some divine power in the allies surrounding her.

◆◆: Cast bless, ◆: Step

Horizon Hunters

”Simon Templar” | Male NG orc undine Monk 1 | HP 21/21 | AC 17 | F +6 R +7 W +8 | Perc +6 | Default Exploration ( Searching) | Speed 30ft | Salt Wound used 0/1 | Active Conditions: None

This is what I understood Getting Stoned to mean in any context

◆ Try to escape from the swarm of stones
Attack roll modifier to escape: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Not sure if that beats the swarms Fort DC. If it does

If the 17 Escapes:

◆ Step out of Swarm

◆ Flurry of Blows the Swarm
flowing wave +6 (disarm, nonlethal, agile, finesse, trip, water): 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 6 - 4 = 5
Damage 1d6+3 B: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
flowing wave +6 (disarm, nonlethal, agile, finesse, trip, water): 1d20 + 6 - 8 ⇒ (6) + 6 - 8 = 4
Damage 1d6+3 B: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

If the first action does not escape:

◆ Flurry of Blows the Swarm
flowing wave +6 (disarm, nonlethal, agile, finesse, trip, water): 1d20 + 6 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 4 - 2 = 19
Damage 1d6+3 B: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

flowing wave +6 (disarm, nonlethal, agile, finesse, trip, water): 1d20 + 6 - 8 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 6 - 8 - 2 = 13
Damage 1d6+3 B: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

◆ Final strike
flowing wave +6 (disarm, nonlethal, agile, finesse, trip, water): 1d20 + 6 - 8 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 6 - 8 - 2 = 3
Damage 1d6+3 B: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Envoy's Alliance

[S99-01] LG Male Empty Sky Kitsune Life Oracle of Healing 2 / Medic | Field Medic | HP 30/30, AC 16 w Padded Armor (17 w Shield raised), Fortitude* +5, Reflex* +5, Will** +9, Perception* +7 (Low-light vision), Stealth +1 | Speed 25 ft. | Exploration Activity Search | Active Conditions | ◆◇↺

Delta sends a mental jolt to the swarm to hurt their minds! "Take that, you unruly swarm!" he exclaims as he does so.

He then raises his magic shield for added protection.

◆◆ Cast a Spell, Daze vs Swarm, DC 17 basic Will save vs 4 mental damage
◆ Cast a Spell, Shield


Simon is unable to get out from under the swarming stones, but he does manage to land one good solid SMACK that shatters a number of them along their crystalline mouths.

One of the rocks stops moving, dazed by Delta's spell. This is difficult to notice among their larger numbers.
(Swarm Mind--"This monster doesn’t have a single mind (typically because it’s a swarm of smaller creatures), and is immune to mental effects that target only a specific number of creatures. It is still subject to mental effects that affect all creatures in an area."
It is immune to daze.)

Agitated, the stones begin to bounce and leap over Simon, pummeling him before rolling over towards Zenobia and throwing themselves at her in turn.
(Simon can make a DC 17 basic Reflex save against bludgeoning damage: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6. He's no longer Grabbed, but still Prone.
Zenobia can make a DC 17 basic Reflex save against bludgeoning damage: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6.)

All PCs' turns.

Initiative:
Gerrika (20/20)
Simon (21/21, prone, Reflex save)
Cobbleswarm (Grabbing Simon)
Delta (19/19)
Zenobia (17/17, Reflex save)
Grandmother Time (12/12)

Envoy's Alliance

[S99-01] LG Male Empty Sky Kitsune Life Oracle of Healing 2 / Medic | Field Medic | HP 30/30, AC 16 w Padded Armor (17 w Shield raised), Fortitude* +5, Reflex* +5, Will** +9, Perception* +7 (Low-light vision), Stealth +1 | Speed 25 ft. | Exploration Activity Search | Active Conditions | ◆◇↺

"Dang! I should have known better!" he complains after she fails to subdue the swarm with some mind-affecting magic.

He approaches the swarm and punches every piece of them that he can punch!
Fist Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Fist Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1 bludgeoning damage

Fist Attack, MAP: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 - 4 = 1
Fist Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4 bludgeoning damage

◆ Stride
◆ Strike
◆ Strike


Punching rocks is a little painful, but it does seem to work!

Given that there are a lot of them, something that affects or splashes an area might work well--though the fact that they're under Zenobia's feet complicates that idea a little.

Zenobia, Grandmother Time, Gerrika, and Simon's turns. Slides.

Initiative:
Gerrika (20/20)
Simon (21/21, prone, Reflex save)
Cobbleswarm (6 damage)
Delta (19/19)
Zenobia (17/17, Reflex save)
Grandmother Time (12/12)

Horizon Hunters

”Simon Templar” | Male NG orc undine Monk 1 | HP 21/21 | AC 17 | F +6 R +7 W +8 | Perc +6 | Default Exploration ( Searching) | Speed 30ft | Salt Wound used 0/1 | Active Conditions: None

Reflex save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

◆ Stand up

◇ Activate Potency Crystal on Handwraps of Mighty Blows

◆ Flurry of Blows the Swarm with Potency Crystal effect
flowing wave +6 (disarm, nonlethal, agile, finesse, trip, water): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 1 = 27
Damage 1d6+3 B: 1d6 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 3 + (3) = 10

flowing wave +6 (disarm, nonlethal, agile, finesse, trip, water): 1d20 + 6 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 4 + 1 = 16
Damage 1d6+3 B: 1d6 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 3 + (5) = 11

◆ One last swing
flowing wave +6 (disarm, nonlethal, agile, finesse, trip, water): 1d20 + 6 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 6 - 8 + 1 = 19
Damage 1d6+3 B: 1d6 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 3 + (5) = 13

OK, all the good rolls come at once. Two 20's in one round

Grand Archive

CG Human Female Rogue 1 | Speed 25 ft. | AC 18 (20 with dodge) | hp 17/17 | Fort +4, Ref +9, Will +5 | Percep +5| Focus 0/0 | Hero: 1 | Conditions: None | Exploration: Avoid Notice

Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Zenobia tries to shake the rocks off her. "Get off me, filthy rocks!" She takes a step away to place the rocks between her and Delta, snaps open her fans with a metallic twang, and spins a pair of slices at the jumping rocks. "I'll slice you into... sand or something!"

Step
Strike Strike attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 Damage: 1d4 + 4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 + (5) = 14
Strike Strike attack: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 7 - 4 = 13 Damage: 1d4 + 4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 + (5) = 11

Apparently you can flank a swarm...


Zenobia slashes at the rocks, but has trouble landing a solid hit. Slicing rocks isn't easy.

Simon slams them with water, which is more effective--especially the way he's doing it, scattering rock fragments across the yard.

The broken bits of crystal and rock vibrate slightly as though they're going to come together once again, and then nothing else happens.

Moments later, Kupyn rounds the corner carrying parcels of meat. "Oh good, you're back al--what the heck happened here?"

Grand Archive

CG Human Female Rogue 1 | Speed 25 ft. | AC 18 (20 with dodge) | hp 17/17 | Fort +4, Ref +9, Will +5 | Percep +5| Focus 0/0 | Hero: 1 | Conditions: None | Exploration: Avoid Notice

Zenobia snaps her fans shut and brushes last pebbles off her shoulder.

"The multiplication hit the wrong part of the soup. And the rocks got angry for some reason. I hope there's not a battle against carrots and scallions later today."

Envoy's Alliance

[S99-01] LG Male Empty Sky Kitsune Life Oracle of Healing 2 / Medic | Field Medic | HP 30/30, AC 16 w Padded Armor (17 w Shield raised), Fortitude* +5, Reflex* +5, Will** +9, Perception* +7 (Low-light vision), Stealth +1 | Speed 25 ft. | Exploration Activity Search | Active Conditions | ◆◇↺

"She's right. There were many rocks, live rocks, I say. And it is coming from that cauldron. Do you happen to know why it happened?" Delta responds to Kupyn.


"Oh no. I dropped the rock in there already--did that old thing activate?" Kupyn hurries over to the cauldron. "Oh, I shouldn't have left this to the last minute. My father always said only to use it to duplicate food. They say it comes out funny if you do other things. Well... thank you for handling it. And successfully gathering ingredients, I see!"

Several of Kupyn's neighbors start poking their heads out, lugging cookware stuffed full of vegetables and other ingredients.

"Something's wrong with Kupyn's cauldron!" someone calls, "But we can get this community stew going the old-fashioned way!"

Upon hearing what happened at Kupyn’s cottage, everyone in Scallion’s Wrap comes to help her and make rock stew in a show of Winter Week spirit, even without the magic cauldron. As a reward for saving the town, the PCs each receive their payment, along with a generous helping of rock stew.

151 to 195 of 195 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Bounty Board (#1-#6) Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.