About GM Frost
GM Frost is Frozen Frost's alias as a gamemaster for his Pathfinder Society Organized Play (2nd Edition) Play-by-Post (PbP) Games.
⬤⬤⬤ ABOUT ME ⬤⬤⬤
As an introvert with those I don’t personally know and am only acquainted with, I find play-by-post (PbP) to be very convenient as I can also easily incorporate it into my daily schedule. PbP also allows me to have time to think about what to narrate and to check my narrative for the games I play and run, given the fact that I am not really fluent in English and am not even confident about it in writing. As of December 2023, I've recently earned my second glyph as GM for Pathfinder Society.
In real life, I live in the beautiful tropical country, the Philippines. I'm a registered chemist by profession, working in quality control at a chemical manufacturing company for over a decade. I now serve as department head for a few years, supervising the quality control of the company’s products and raw materials. Currently in my early 30s, I'm enjoying the single life but also facing the challenges of adulting that we all must go through. I try balancing the demands of work with my passion for Pathfinder 2e, which adds a fulfilling dimension to my life. As I continue to grow personally and professionally, I also cherish the connections made through gaming and the opportunity to unwind and explore imaginative worlds with fellow enthusiasts. I also enjoy playing games on my mobile device and Nintendo Switch, with my favorites being Mobile Legends: Bang Bang, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, and Hogwarts Legacy.
I aspire to become a three- or four-glyph GM for Pathfinder 2e in the years to come through my dedication to games in play-by-post format. With the release of Starfinder 2e on the horizon, I’m excited about the prospect of exploring and mastering this new game system, especially since its core mechanics are based on those of Pathfinder 2e. I look forward to immersing myself in the universe of Starfinder and potentially taking on the role of GM to guide players through thrilling adventures in the vastness of space.
⬤⬤⬤ GM PHILOSOPHY ⬤⬤⬤
Embrace the First Rule: Our games are meant for enjoyment and fun. As the GM, I am a player too, responsible for guiding the story. Similarly, you, as a player, craft the narrative for your character within the game world.
Fairness and Consistency: I will strive to apply the rules consistently and fairly to the best of my knowledge and ability. If there are any questions or uncertainties, feel free to ask for clarification. However, it's important to note that I may not know every rule by heart. I trust you, as players, to be familiar with the rules governing your characters, including references to class feats, skill feats, and other relevant mechanics.
Contribute to the Story with Roleplay: While I act as the storyteller, your input as players is invaluable. Your character's actions and decisions significantly influence the direction of the narrative. Feel empowered to be creative and take risks. While detailed roleplaying isn't mandatory, engaging with other characters and the world around you enriches the game experience.
Respect and Inclusion: Mutual respect is fundamental at our gaming table. Discriminatory language or behavior has no place here. We're all here to have a good time, and everyone's enjoyment matters.
Prioritize Real Life: In play-by-post (PbP) games, regular posting keeps the game flowing smoothly. If you're unable to post for any reason, simply let us know, even if it's just to say you're unable to contribute at the moment. However, real-life obligations always take precedence. If you anticipate a prolonged absence, please inform us in advance. While I prefer not to "bot" or control your character in your absence, providing botting instructions can help keep the game moving in your absence.
These are the core principles that guide our gaming sessions. I may expand on these in the future, but for now, let's uphold these standards to ensure a fantastic gaming experience for everyone involved.
⬤⬤⬤ IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE I START THE GAME ⬤⬤⬤:
I am also laying down important instructions in every game's Discussion before we begin playing, ensuring that the game runs smoothly for everyone.
1. Please sign up for the game on the provided Sign-Up Sheet (linked above) and enter the essential information your GM needs for your Chronicle: Player Name, Character Name, Organized Play Number, Character Number, among others. We will use the RPG Chronicles website for this purpose.
2. Please take a moment to fill out the required information on page 2 of Slides and Maps (linked above) for character tokens and marching order. Additionally, make sure to update the Macros (linked above) on any available Sheet between Player 1 to Player 6 for your character’s basic information, core stats, and skill modifiers. This will help us start promptly.
3. To facilitate easy reference, ensure your character's stat block/header includes the following information: Hit Points (HP), Armor Class (AC), Saving Throws (Fortitude, Reflex, and Will), Perception bonus, and Speed.
4. If you need area templates (burst, cone, emanation, line) for your spell or aura, they can be found on pages 3 to 7 of the Slides mentioned earlier. You can copy and paste them onto the Encounter Map (linked in the initiative tracker during combat/encounter). These templates are already adjusted for the Encounter Map we will use, so no resizing is necessary. They are also available under my alias GM Frost as Area Templates.
5. Please be active in the game and make a post at least once every day, and once on weekends. As per the Organized Play Foundation Community Standards and Expectations, we adhere to the principle of "Explore, Report, Cooperate." Therefore, any non-consensual character-versus-character conflict is strictly prohibited. Before including fellow PCs in damaging effects, players must obtain their consent. Violating this rule may result in Infamy points and potential consequences for your character's playability. This rule does not apply in situations where a character is under the control of an NPC and forced to attack a fellow Pathfinder.
6. During combat, we will use a block initiative system. PCs in the active block can post their actions, which I will usually resolve in the order they are posted. Players can choose to delay their actions until after another character has acted.
7. To make things clearer during Encounter Mode, please use the following symbols when labeling your actions on your post: ◆ for a single action, ◆◆ for a two-action activity, ◆◆◆ for a three-action activity, ↺ for a reaction, and ◇ for a free action.
8. Above all, remember that the goal is to have fun and enjoy the game together! :)
Thank you, and let's embark on this exciting adventure!
⬤⬤⬤ Play-by-Post (PbP) Game Resources ⬤⬤⬤