[OPVI] PF2e B12 - Somewhere Below (P7) (Inactive)

Game Master UncleFroggy

Symbols > Single Action (◆), Double Action (◆◆), Triple Action (◆◆◆), Free Action (◇), Reaction (↺)


1,401 to 1,450 of 2,239 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Year of Fortune's Fall // DA Duology Maps
Samantha Seed wrote:
Sam shyly approaches Zarta. "Umm Grand Archivist, I was told you know lots about stories. Would you happen to know anywhere I can get books on the Adventures of Bitisururu Blue?"

"The Adventures of Bitisururu Blue?" Zarta taps her chin for a couple minutes. "Ah, yes, I know! Cute short adventure stories by Macosi Midiani?" Zarta goes to the fiction shelves and grabs down several slim volumes with blue covers, each featuring an adorable dinosaur on the cover.

Horizon Hunters

3 people marked this as a favorite.
"Eep!" | 820-2011 | Female Sylph Gnome Thief Rogue 3 | HP 35/35 | AC 20 | F +6 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8 | 30 Speed | Hero Points 2/2 | Campaign Coins 1/1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: Darkvision

"Macosi Midiani? Wait. Let me see that." Bitty grabs one of the volumes, and flips to the author page. She points a blue finger at the gnome pictured there. "That's Macondi Missiani*, my brother's best friend."

She turns to Sam. "My name's Bitty, short for Bitisururu, and those books were about me!" She takes a deep breath, tail twitching back and forth, then hands the books back to Sam. "Enjoy them while you can because I'm going to simply murder Macondi when I next see him! It's hard enough being an adventurer, a... shy adventurer... without having someone publicize your every move!"

___
* Much thanks to Breihauptclan for consenting to be our author.

Radiant Oath

2 people marked this as a favorite.
"Umm... am I in the right place?" | 2396852-2023 | CG Female Human | Academy Dropout | Rogue Lvl 2 | Hero Points: 1/3 | Minor Healing Potion | ◆◇↺ | HP 26/26 | AC 18 (20 Nimble Dodge) | F/R/W 7/8/6 | Perc +6 | 25 feet | Class DC 18 | Acrobatics(E)/Deception/Diplomacy/Intimidation/Performance +8, Thievery/Stealth +6, Athletics/Lore (Academia, Scouting)/Arcana/Occultism/Society +5, Survival +4 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice |

Sam's eyes widen and her jaw drops, unable to believe that her heroine is standing right in front of her. Her jaw moves but she's only able get one word out...

"EEEP!"

Finally regaining some of her composure, Sam's words seem to gush out.

"Y-y-you? Sh-sh-shy?? B-b-but you're always so up front in the stories! D-did you really stab Glorzia? A-a-and a chair mimic? D-d-do you m-mind if I adventured with you?"

shell shock? hero worship? you name it! :)

Horizon Hunters

2 people marked this as a favorite.
"Of course that was part of the plan." | CG Male Gnome Swashbuckler 3 | HP 41 | AC 20 (22 parrying) | Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +7; | Perception +7 low-light vision | Speed 30 (35 with panache) | Class DC 19 | Exploration (Dueling Parry)
Bitty Blue wrote:
"Enjoy them while you can because I'm going to simply murder Macondi when I next see him! It's hard enough being an adventurer, a... shy adventurer... without having someone publicize your every move!"

Bee comes over and checks out one of the books. "If you want, I can organize a ring match for you. Get some healers on duty and you can murder him repeatedly."

He reads through the book for a moment and considers something. "Maybe if he is still alive after you are done murdering him I could have him write my stories. I could use the publicity."

Radiant Oath

"Umm... am I in the right place?" | 2396852-2023 | CG Female Human | Academy Dropout | Rogue Lvl 2 | Hero Points: 1/3 | Minor Healing Potion | ◆◇↺ | HP 26/26 | AC 18 (20 Nimble Dodge) | F/R/W 7/8/6 | Perc +6 | 25 feet | Class DC 18 | Acrobatics(E)/Deception/Diplomacy/Intimidation/Performance +8, Thievery/Stealth +6, Athletics/Lore (Academia, Scouting)/Arcana/Occultism/Society +5, Survival +4 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice |

"Umm, Bee? Why didn't you tell me that you knew Bitisururu Blue?! So is Bamidele around somewhere?"

All this is still pretty earth-shattering for Sam...

Horizon Hunters

"Of course that was part of the plan." | CG Male Gnome Swashbuckler 3 | HP 41 | AC 20 (22 parrying) | Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +7; | Perception +7 low-light vision | Speed 30 (35 with panache) | Class DC 19 | Exploration (Dueling Parry)
Samantha Seed wrote:
"Umm, Bee? Why didn't you tell me that you knew Bitisururu Blue?! So is Bamidele around somewhere?"

Bee shrugs. "I didn't know you were talking about Bitty and Egg."

Radiant Oath

"Umm... am I in the right place?" | 2396852-2023 | CG Female Human | Academy Dropout | Rogue Lvl 2 | Hero Points: 1/3 | Minor Healing Potion | ◆◇↺ | HP 26/26 | AC 18 (20 Nimble Dodge) | F/R/W 7/8/6 | Perc +6 | 25 feet | Class DC 18 | Acrobatics(E)/Deception/Diplomacy/Intimidation/Performance +8, Thievery/Stealth +6, Athletics/Lore (Academia, Scouting)/Arcana/Occultism/Society +5, Survival +4 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice |

"So could I meet Bamidele? Why is he called 'Egg'?"

Envoy's Alliance

"Indeed" | 2379001-2001 | Male Changeling Witch 3 | HP 26 / 26 | AC 16 | F +5 R +6 W +10 | Perc +8 | 25 Speed | Hero Points 2/2 | Exploration Activity: Investigate | Active Conditions: ---
Bee wrote:
"I didn't know you were talking about Bitty and Egg."

Ashun arches his eyebrow, "Really? I thought it was quite clear."

He looks at Samantha to answer her question
"When Bitty joined us, Bamidele was still inside his egg. And we had some fun adventures with it. A dragon tried and almost devoured Egg whole during one of our adventures."
Obviously exaggerating, but still soft spoken with his polite slight smize.
"But, I would guess that you could probably meet them. Bamidele tends to run off, so you might need a bit of luck to catch them."

Horizon Hunters

3 people marked this as a favorite.
"Of course that was part of the plan." | CG Male Gnome Swashbuckler 3 | HP 41 | AC 20 (22 parrying) | Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +7; | Perception +7 low-light vision | Speed 30 (35 with panache) | Class DC 19 | Exploration (Dueling Parry)

"Hah, check it out." Bee comes running in waving a letter around. "I've been selected to be in the cooking competition that I applied to last month. It is in Elidir and will be starting in a few weeks." Bee bounces around a little more. "Oh, I'll be able to collect so many recipes. And I need to pack." He waves and heads out of the room. "I'll be back in no time. Well, probably about a month. But who's counting?"


Several weeks later...

You each receive a summons to a meeting at the Pathfinder lodge. A meeting scheduled for later that same day.

Make your way to the meeting room and introduce yourselves to each other as you see fit.

Envoy's Alliance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
"Indeed" | 2379001-2001 | Male Changeling Witch 3 | HP 26 / 26 | AC 16 | F +5 R +6 W +10 | Perc +8 | 25 Speed | Hero Points 2/2 | Exploration Activity: Investigate | Active Conditions: ---

Cheers together with Bee
That is awesome! I bet you will do very well. — Here, for good luck. "
Ashun gives the gnome a slimy gelatin ball.
It is a ration tunic, in case you get hungry during your travels. May not look appetizing, but imagine it as a grape."
He smiles and gives a small bow to his friend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seeing as him being the first one there, his pale purplish-blue skinned changeling pulls a chair to wait for the others, his curved night hag horns barely holding back his wavy dark hair as he looks down to read his notes in his formula book, whole his other hand gently on top of a blue iguana sitting on his lap.
His light flowy clothes drapped on himself mimic his own personality, soft-spoken and polite, with just a little bit of jest.

As soon as anyone shows up, he gently pats the lizard on his lap, propping the lizard to jump down.
He then presents himself with a deep bow and a deep yet jovial and youthful voice.
"It is a pleasure meeting you, my name is Ashun. Thull Ashun, and this one here is Bea."
He points palm open to the iguana by his side, which promptly mlems.

Grand Archive

Nonbinary Seaweed Leshy Thaumaturge - 3 | F:8 R:8 W:8 | hp:35/35 | AC:17 | P:8 I:8 | DC:19 | HP:1 | GA | 124312-2019

Konbu is the next to arrive. They make a polite bow to everyone currently there before taking a seat.

Radiant Oath

2396852-2021 | CG Male Poppet | Cannoneer | Gunslinger Lvl 3 | ◆◇↺ | Ammo: 20/20 Infused, 14/14 Normal | HP 36/36 | AC 19 | F/R/W 9/9/9 | Perc +9 Darkvision | 25 feet | Class DC 17 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 | Weakness: Fire 1 |

A familiar looking stuffed rabbit enters the room. Unlike the previous encounter, he now has a long rifle strapped to his back. He looks around and notes familiar and new faces. He takes care to stay away from Egg, who gave him a fright the last time.

"Greetingth, Pathfinderth! I thee we are together again. What adventure will we embark on today?" His overbite causes him to speak in an outrageous lisp... He takes in the new faces and bows, "I am Bun Helthing, at your thervithe."


Once the group of you all arrive, the three deans of the Pathfinder Society enter the meeting room. Kreighton Shaine the Elf Master of Scrolls, Sorrina Westyr the Oread Master of Spells, and Marcos Farabellus the Human Master of Swords.

Kreighton makes his way sedately to the head of the table, arranges his red robes, and sits down.

Sorrina follows. Her snow-white hair is orbited by many gem stones and she is carrying a handful of books. She takes a seat next to Kreighton and sets her books down on the table.

Marcos gets hung up in the door by one of the six weapons he has strapped across his back. You also see that he has a sword at his side, and two daggers, one in each boot. Kreighton keeps his gaze forward and his face experessionless as Marcos hurries across the room and begins trying to settle himself in one of the seats. Sorrina watches the process with one eyebrow arched and her lips pursed, but she also keeps her silence.

"Bother with it," Marcos mutters, finally giving up. He shoves the chair fully underneath the table and stands behind it. He gives all of you a wide grin.

Kreighton sits there impassively for several more seconds - apparently waiting to see if Marcos is indeed finished making a scene. When Marcos has finished fidgeting, Kreighton addresses all of you. "My apologies for the short notice on the meeting. Thank you all for coming. I understand that most, if not all of you have met Rain in Cloudy Day, one of our most enthusiastic Pathfinder initiates. Rain was recently approved for his Confirmation mission."

"Many of you already know this, but for those who don't, the Confirmation mission is the final test needed for becoming a Pathfinder field agent. Rain decided to take this mission to the nation of Taldor to our north. There are some ruins in a swamp near the city of Cassomir. The mission was supposed to finish a week ago and Rain has still not checked back in."

On cue, Sorrina takes over the conversation. "This is where you come in. We do not know why Rain has not reported back and we are concerned."

Marcos interrupts, "Rain may only be an initiate, but the Pathfinders don't leave behind our own."

"Yes," Sorrina continues. "So we have agreed to change the rules a bit. We are offering you the opportunity to be part of a group Confirmation mission. But," she gives a nod to Kreighton, "even though this is a bit of an exception, we are going to try and have this be a proper Confirmation mission. You will be provided funds for your trip. You can take your own equipment, but you will not be allowed to use your own money to subsidize the journey itself."

"Completing missions within a budget is part of being a field agent," Marcos interrupts again.

With an patient smile Sorrina finishes her instructions. "You will need to use the funds to book passage to Cassomir and from there find out what happened to Rain. Some of you may already have your field agent status. Because of the possibility of danger to Rain, we would ask you to still take on the mission."

Kreighton speaks again as well. "And since this is a Confirmation mission, once you find Rain you should complete the original mission to explore the ruins as long as doing so is possible."

"So yeah," Marcos chimes in, waiting a couple of seconds to see if the other two were actually finished with their speeches this time, "should be no problem. Find a boat, head to Cassomir, miss out on the fun in the city and head into the swamp instead to find a missing Pathfinder initiate."

With a soft chuckle, Sorrina pulls some papers from her books and asks, "Do you have any questions? Also, there is some paperwork to fill out. We like to keep records of which agents are sent where - just in case something like this bit of a snag with Rain happens."

"Also, the papers are what we will need to account for your funding and supplies." Kreighton pulls several pouches of coins from a pocket of his robes and sets them on the table next to the paperwork. "This is for your travel expenses. Any remaining funds once you arrive in Cassomir may be used to locate Rain. The rest should be returned once the mission is over."

Marcos pulls out an everburning torch from his arrow quiver. "We also have some equipment for you to use as you see fit." He sets the torch on the table, then pulls out two vials. "Think fast." He tosses the vials in your direction. Sorrina pulls out three vials of her own, but sets them sedately down on the table instead of throwing them at you.

Ask any questions about the mission that you need to.
Fill out the chronicle sheet.
Two characters can each try to catch one of the thrown vials with an Acrobatics check.
Divide up the everburning torch, the three vials of minor healing potion, and the two lesser antidote potions.
Each of you take one of the pouches containing 6 GP to be used for your travels, and head into the city of Absalom.

Radiant Oath

2396852-2021 | CG Male Poppet | Cannoneer | Gunslinger Lvl 3 | ◆◇↺ | Ammo: 20/20 Infused, 14/14 Normal | HP 36/36 | AC 19 | F/R/W 9/9/9 | Perc +9 Darkvision | 25 feet | Class DC 17 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 | Weakness: Fire 1 |

With a yelp, Bun leaps for the potions.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

He calculates the trajectory of the potions and flattens himself on the floor where they are about to land. The potions drop onto his soft belly where he grabs them. Getting to his feet, he stares at Marcos. "That wathn't funny to wathte potionth!"


Bun neatly catches one of the potions. Marcos nods to him. "They are sturdy enough. Besides, you are here to catch them."

Verdant Wheel

Male Shoony LG Wizard 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 17 (18 w/ Shield) | F: +5 R: +6 W: +6; Blunt Snout vs inhaled or olfactory effects | Speed 25’ | Exploration: Detect Magic | Conditions: Mage Armor

Before the meeting

A cream-colored male shoony with a white nose, belly and paws enters. He is wearing a tunic, light leather vest, trousers and leather boots. His short ears stand up rather than droop.

He carries a staff in one paw and has a dagger and sling at his waist. He has a healer’s kit ready and a back on his back.

Smiling, he nods to each of the others and introduces himself. “Good day, I’m Branch Barker. Pleasure to meet you.

——

Branch manages to stifle a chuckle as Marcos fusses with his excessive armaments.

When the vials are tossed Branch tries to get up only to hit the side of the table and go sprawling across it. “Oof!” The vial hits him on the nose and then bounces away.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

That could have gone better…

He gets back into his seat, straightening his clothing.

Is this missing Pathfinder a Shoanti? I have heard that they have names like that.


Marcos erupts in a belly laugh as the potion bounces off the Shoony's nose and lands neatly where Bun Helsing is still on the floor. "Wahahaha. Looks like you are better at catching things that I expected."


Branch Barker wrote:
Is this missing Pathfinder a Shoanti? I have heard that they have names like that.

Sorrina, grinning quite a bit at the antics with the potions, calms herself enough to answer. "Rain in Cloudy Day is a Leshy. A fungus Leshy specifically and a very well liked person at the lodge. Leshies are wood spirits in plant bodies animated by powerful magic. He came here from the forests of Ravounel."

Horizon Hunters

"Eep!" | 820-2011 | Female Sylph Gnome Thief Rogue 3 | HP 35/35 | AC 20 | F +6 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8 | 30 Speed | Hero Points 2/2 | Campaign Coins 1/1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: Darkvision

Before

Samantha Seed wrote:

Sam's eyes widen and her jaw drops, unable to believe that her heroine is standing right in front of her. Her jaw moves but she's only able get one word out...

"EEEP!"

Finally regaining some of her composure, Sam's words seem to gush out.

"Y-y-you? Sh-sh-shy?? B-b-but you're always so up front in the stories! D-did you really stab Glorzia? A-a-and a chair mimic? D-d-do you m-mind if I adventured with you?"

"I don't mind. I joined the Pathfinders so that I could gain poise and be better talking to people, and to make friends. I don't mind having more friends."

Corabee Cori wrote:
"Hah, check it out." Bee comes running in waving a letter around. "I've been selected to be in the cooking competition that I applied to last month. It is in Elidir and will be starting in a few weeks." Bee bounces around a little more. "Oh, I'll be able to collect so many recipes. And I need to pack." He waves and heads out of the room. "I'll be back in no time. Well, probably about a month. But who's counting?"

"Oh that's great!" Bitty hugs him. "You'll have to tell us all about it when you get back!"

Horizon Hunters

"Eep!" | 820-2011 | Female Sylph Gnome Thief Rogue 3 | HP 35/35 | AC 20 | F +6 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8 | 30 Speed | Hero Points 2/2 | Campaign Coins 1/1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: Darkvision

Now

"What?! Rain is missing? But they seemed so nice when we were all doing inventory togeth-" Bitty breaks off, guiltily. "Okay, when everyone else was doing inventory and I was busy chasing Egg."

Bitty glances at her dinosaur.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Animal Companion to Bitty Blue | 820-2011 | Male Dromaeosaur 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 17 | F +6 R +7 W +5 | Perc +5 | 50 Speed | Active Conditions: Low-Light, Scent (imprecise, 30 ft.), ---

"Chirrrp!" Egg is playing a game of pull-the-twig with Bea, and is completely oblivious to the conversation about him.

Horizon Hunters

"Eep!" | 820-2011 | Female Sylph Gnome Thief Rogue 3 | HP 35/35 | AC 20 | F +6 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8 | 30 Speed | Hero Points 2/2 | Campaign Coins 1/1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: Darkvision

"So six gold each to find a boat, track down Rain and hopefully bring them back safe? This sounds like a good mission to me. Egg and I are in!"

Radiant Oath

2396852-2021 | CG Male Poppet | Cannoneer | Gunslinger Lvl 3 | ◆◇↺ | Ammo: 20/20 Infused, 14/14 Normal | HP 36/36 | AC 19 | F/R/W 9/9/9 | Perc +9 Darkvision | 25 feet | Class DC 17 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 | Weakness: Fire 1 |

Bun heads to Egg. "Now you and I are going to be friendth, right? No chathing me around the room again, ok?" He shows the small rip in his arm where Egg's claws got to him last time.

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Goblin Magus 2 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 (19 w/ Shield) | F: +8 R: +7 W: +5 | Speed 25’ (30’ w/ arcane cascade) | Exploration: Avoid Notice| Conditions: None

Before briefing

A panting goblin with a blue hue to her skin rushes toward the room and slide past the doorway before skidding to a stop. She has the bare essentials of gear on herself. A scrap blade is tied to one of her sides and on her back she carries a pack that has a large book, at least relative to her size, that is bound to the bag.

She gives a two handed waves as she declares, "Hello! I'm Galvaka and will certainly help! If it doesn't look like I'm helping though, don't worry. I'm very sneaky and my aid is even sneakier! I'm probably helping right now!"

After recovering, her posture changes as she skulks into the room; all the while eyeing the various bits, bobs, trophies, and blades. She has a wide grin on her face that shows little regret or embarrassment for her near crash. She slips into the briefing carefully, as though intending to not draw notice. That is less effective as she passes through the middle finding a chair to listen to the briefing.

After briefing

Upon hearing the others, the goblin thrusts her arm up and waves it frantically, but she doesn't wait for a hint for permission as she questions, "what kind of ruins are these? Is it a lost city- I bet it is a lost city. Or could it be a crypt of one of those old Taldan nobility? That would be very nice with undead lurking about with jewels and expensive hats on their heads!"

Grand Archive

Nonbinary Seaweed Leshy Thaumaturge - 3 | F:8 R:8 W:8 | hp:35/35 | AC:17 | P:8 I:8 | DC:19 | HP:1 | GA | 124312-2019

It would be dishonourable to leave a fellow Pathfinder in the lurch, especially a fellow leshy such as Rain-san. I am, of course, in.

They give a deep bow to the assembled For those who do not know me, I am Konbu - a seaweed leshy thaumaturge

Verdant Wheel

Male Shoony LG Wizard 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 17 (18 w/ Shield) | F: +5 R: +6 W: +6; Blunt Snout vs inhaled or olfactory effects | Speed 25’ | Exploration: Detect Magic | Conditions: Mage Armor

Branch is mildly surprised to find out some of his companions already know this leshy. That will make it easier to recognize them.

I just hope there are no undead we have to run from or destroy.

Envoy's Alliance

"Indeed" | 2379001-2001 | Male Changeling Witch 3 | HP 26 / 26 | AC 16 | F +5 R +6 W +10 | Perc +8 | 25 Speed | Hero Points 2/2 | Exploration Activity: Investigate | Active Conditions: ---

"Question. If I may. What is a "Confirmation"? I can guess based on the name, but I figured it would be wiser to ask the best teachers we have.", he asks, with a bit zestful flattery

After he gets his answer, he looks at the others with a smile
"I have no further questions for the leaders. I am at the ready whenever you all are."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Animal Companion to Bitty Blue | 820-2011 | Male Dromaeosaur 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 17 | F +6 R +7 W +5 | Perc +5 | 50 Speed | Active Conditions: Low-Light, Scent (imprecise, 30 ft.), ---
Bun Helsing wrote:
Bun heads to Egg. "Now you and I are going to be friendth, right? No chathing me around the room again, ok?" He shows the small rip in his arm where Egg's claws got to him last time.

Egg looks up from the game of Twig-of-War he was playing with Bea.

"Chirrrrp!"

Bunny!

The twig drops as Egg runs towards Bun Helsing.

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.
"Eep!" | 820-2011 | Female Sylph Gnome Thief Rogue 3 | HP 35/35 | AC 20 | F +6 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8 | 30 Speed | Hero Points 2/2 | Campaign Coins 1/1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: Darkvision

"Egg! Nooooo!" Bitty chases after Egg. "Bamidele!" she calls.


Animal Companion to Bitty Blue | 820-2011 | Male Dromaeosaur 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 17 | F +6 R +7 W +5 | Perc +5 | 50 Speed | Active Conditions: Low-Light, Scent (imprecise, 30 ft.), ---

"RRRrow!" Egg protests as Bitty grabs him around the neck. He looks over at Bun.

But... I want it!

Horizon Hunters

"Eep!" | 820-2011 | Female Sylph Gnome Thief Rogue 3 | HP 35/35 | AC 20 | F +6 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8 | 30 Speed | Hero Points 2/2 | Campaign Coins 1/1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: Darkvision

Bitty points to Bun. "Friend!"

Then she looks at Bun. "Maybe we can get you a ball you can throw so that he learns you are not the toy?"

Envoy's Alliance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
"mlem" |Thull Ashun's familiar | 2379001-2001 | Male "Iguana" 3 | HP 15 / 15 | AC 16 | F +5 R +6 W +10 | Perc +7 | 25 Speed | Active Conditions: Low-Light |

Sad that his friend is now busy with other endeavors, Bea slides into his cauldron backpack to get ready.


Galvaka Cail wrote:
"what kind of ruins are these? Is it a lost city- I bet it is a lost city. Or could it be a crypt of one of those old Taldan nobility?"

Kreighton replies, "We aren't entirely sure of the origins of the ruins. A lost city or a crypt are both possible. We just know that they are in the Blackwood swamp that surrounds Cassomir. Be sure to plan accordingly."

Galvaka Cail wrote:
"Question. If I may. What is a "Confirmation"?"

"A Confirmation mission is the final task to complete your initiate training. It is a test of skill, resourcefulness, and dedication. Typically, our initiates spend a few years here at the lodge in training - though some agents are instead commissioned in the field directly."

"There are several criteria to the Confirmation mission. First, it requires traveling outside of Absalom with the agent being responsible for arranging their own transportation. Second, it involves working with at least one of our Society contacts. And third, the Confirmation is a full mission suitable for a field agent and involves acquiring something of historical or cultural note. It could be a relic or heirloom of significance, or simply information that expands the world's knowledge. We do expect that such acquisitions be made ethically."

Kreighton pauses his lecture and watches with a bit of amusement as Bitty struggles to control her dinosaur companion.

"Normally a Pathfinder agent is awarded a wayfinder when they complete their Confirmation. Some of you may already have yours. If I am mistaken, I will lend the group of you one to use for this mission because it is possibly a rescue mission and the wayfinder serves as a badge of office."

Verdant Wheel

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Shoony LG Wizard 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 17 (18 w/ Shield) | F: +5 R: +6 W: +6; Blunt Snout vs inhaled or olfactory effects | Speed 25’ | Exploration: Detect Magic | Conditions: Mage Armor

Branch gets his wayfinder out of his vest pocket. “I have one already.
He then tucks it back into his vest pocket.

Looking towards Bitty, he says “Make sure it isn’t a white ball. Don’t want the dinosaur mistaking someone’s tail for the ball.


Chronomancy any more questions or roleplay from the previous scene as needed.

The meeting adjourns and you pack your things and head out into Absalom. On your way out of the lodge, Marcos finds you and hands you a handful of papers. "I twisted some arms and got you these. They won't help you today, but use them when needed. Bring Rain back, yeah? Best of luck to you."

Looking at the papers you see that they are open-date boarding pass tickets. Counting them you find that there is one more than is needed for the entire group of you. And you notice that they are only valid for a trip from Cassomir back to Absalom.

-----

You arrive at the docks - the large, bustling, and loud seaport that gives the Docks District its name. You can see many ships docked. Many that are being loaded. Many that are being unloaded. A few being repaired. There are also notice boards advertizing everything from goods delivery schedules, to passage to every conceivable destination, to job offers for ship crew. There are criers hawking wares. And crowds of people of all walks of life filling the streets of the docks nearly to capacity.

Finding and securing passage to Cassomir may indeed be a challenge worthy of a Pathfinder agent.

Gather information: Diplomacy or relevant Lore to learn of ships headed to Cassomir and how long it will take them to reach it.
Then decide as a group which ship to purchase passage on.

Envoy's Alliance

"Indeed" | 2379001-2001 | Male Changeling Witch 3 | HP 26 / 26 | AC 16 | F +5 R +6 W +10 | Perc +8 | 25 Speed | Hero Points 2/2 | Exploration Activity: Investigate | Active Conditions: ---

While walking through the harbors, Ashun queries his new colleagues, "So, Branch and Galkava. If I may ask, what are your areas of expertise? We may spend some time together, and I would be able to give a better support if I knew your abilities."
Politely casual
"I tend to focus a bit more on aiding, to give the spotlight to my friends."

can I roll mercantile lore? given that Cassomir is the second largest trading settlement, just behind Absalom

Radiant Oath

2396852-2021 | CG Male Poppet | Cannoneer | Gunslinger Lvl 3 | ◆◇↺ | Ammo: 20/20 Infused, 14/14 Normal | HP 36/36 | AC 19 | F/R/W 9/9/9 | Perc +9 Darkvision | 25 feet | Class DC 17 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 | Weakness: Fire 1 |

Bun has none of the above skills. He keeps quiet.

Radiant Oath

2396852-2021 | CG Male Poppet | Cannoneer | Gunslinger Lvl 3 | ◆◇↺ | Ammo: 20/20 Infused, 14/14 Normal | HP 36/36 | AC 19 | F/R/W 9/9/9 | Perc +9 Darkvision | 25 feet | Class DC 17 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 | Weakness: Fire 1 |
Bamidele "Egg" Blue wrote:
Bun Helsing wrote:
Bun heads to Egg. "Now you and I are going to be friendth, right? No chathing me around the room again, ok?" He shows the small rip in his arm where Egg's claws got to him last time.

Egg looks up from the game of Twig-of-War he was playing with Bea.

"Chirrrrp!"

Bunny!

The twig drops as Egg runs towards Bun Helsing.

Prior to heading to the docks

Bun yelps and sprints away, yelling at Egg, "Thit! Thit! Thtay!!" Bun immediately heads for Konbu and attempts to hide behind the leshy.


Ashun wrote:
can I roll mercantile lore? given that Cassomir is the second largest trading settlement, just behind Absalom

Seeeeecret Mercantile lore roll:
Lore (Mercantile) T: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Ashun:

Traders commonly talk of Cassomir with a bit of disdain. While it is the second largest city in Taldor, most of its people live in poverty. As such the city is crime ridden and there are no end to the con artists and desperate citizens who will take advantage of foreigners.

Less commonly known is that some enterprising merchants will instead trade with the reclusive group of Iruxi that live in Blackwood Swamp. Just make sure that you are trading honestly - they jealously guard their land against smugglers and other criminals.

Envoy's Alliance

"Indeed" | 2379001-2001 | Male Changeling Witch 3 | HP 26 / 26 | AC 16 | F +5 R +6 W +10 | Perc +8 | 25 Speed | Hero Points 2/2 | Exploration Activity: Investigate | Active Conditions: ---

The changeling shares his knowledge with the rest
"So, apparently although Cassomir is the second largest city, it is not the most welcoming one. Crime runs rampant, so I suggest we take extra care around there. Additionally, if we run into the Iruxi, I suggest we be honest with them, they are a bit jealous of their land and are not very fond of criminals nor smugglers."

Verdant Wheel

Male Shoony LG Wizard 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 17 (18 w/ Shield) | F: +5 R: +6 W: +6; Blunt Snout vs inhaled or olfactory effects | Speed 25’ | Exploration: Detect Magic | Conditions: Mage Armor

What sorts of crimes should we be on the lookout for?

This character is also short on social skills.

Envoy's Alliance

"Indeed" | 2379001-2001 | Male Changeling Witch 3 | HP 26 / 26 | AC 16 | F +5 R +6 W +10 | Perc +8 | 25 Speed | Hero Points 2/2 | Exploration Activity: Investigate | Active Conditions: ---

"Considering money is on the shortage, I would say probably pickpocketing, theft, con artists, extortion... Anything for money."

my highest social skill is society, so no charisma rolls for me

Horizon Hunters

Female Goblin Magus 2 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 (19 w/ Shield) | F: +8 R: +7 W: +5 | Speed 25’ (30’ w/ arcane cascade) | Exploration: Avoid Notice| Conditions: None

I can and will try to gather information with Diplomacy +6. I also have Underworld Lore +7 if that can help in this area.

"Oh! I can talk to people! I need to learn to talk a lot to try to get out of some sticky, fiery, and both situations. I agree you should be really careful because we carry lots of coin and that is a very nice thing to steal. Make sure to have your loose things packed away so they are harder to spot and grab"

Galvaka pauses as she taps her foot thinking about the Iruxi before saying, "does that mean they don't like criminals or it is just not liking people that steal from them, because I can absolutely not steal anything from them."


Galvaka Diplomacy:
DC 15: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Someone needs to lend some assistance to our Goblin friend here. I'm willing to allow Society to Aid in reading the message boards posted all over the place.

Grand Archive

Nonbinary Seaweed Leshy Thaumaturge - 3 | F:8 R:8 W:8 | hp:35/35 | AC:17 | P:8 I:8 | DC:19 | HP:1 | GA | 124312-2019

diplomacy (aid): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Konbu goes to query the Harbourmaster

Horizon Hunters

"Eep!" | 820-2011 | Female Sylph Gnome Thief Rogue 3 | HP 35/35 | AC 20 | F +6 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8 | 30 Speed | Hero Points 2/2 | Campaign Coins 1/1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: Darkvision

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Bitty talks to people who come to pet her adorable dinosaur. "Do you have any recommended ships? We need to travel to Cassomir."

Verdant Wheel

Male Shoony LG Wizard 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 17 (18 w/ Shield) | F: +5 R: +6 W: +6; Blunt Snout vs inhaled or olfactory effects | Speed 25’ | Exploration: Detect Magic | Conditions: Mage Armor

Branch sits at the end of the dock and looks out over the Floatsam Graveyard while the others are trying to find an available boat. He is hoping to see a hippocampus.


Galvaka wrote:
"Oh! I can talk to people! I need to learn to talk a lot to try to get out of some sticky, fiery, and both situations."

Galvaka meets up with Eduard Tabrin, a fairly young Human man. "Ah. You looking to sail to Cassomir? I got room for all of you on the Powerful Hector here. It may not be the greatest ship on the sea, but it gets the job done. Two and a half gold per passenger. That covers simple meals with the crew and a simple separate room for you to share. We'll be docking at Cassomir six days from now."

Konbu wrote:
Konbu goes to query the Harbourmaster

The harbormaster busily mentions, "The only ship going to Cassomir this week that I would recommend is the Mimosa. The captain is that way." He gestures vaguely.

With the ship name, it isn't hard to track down the captain. Captain Javinda, a chatty Human female, greets you warmly and chats for a few minutes before getting down to business. "The Mimosa is definitely the ship you want to take. Not only is it one of the faster passenger ships around, but it has the best clientele too. It is five gold per passenger, and we will be arriving in Cassomir in four days. Your fare may seem like a bit much, but it includes nice meals, a small private room for each of you, wait staff, and nightly social hours where you can meet and greet the other passengers who don't skimp on expenses when traveling. You will arrive early, well rested, and maybe with a new friend or two who can help you get pointed in the right direction in Cassomir."

Bitty Blue wrote:
"Do you have any recommended ships? We need to travel to Cassomir."

Bitty meets up with Oderon Payne, a sly male Dwarf and captain of the Opportune - a rather rickety looking ship. "Aye, I can get you to Cassomir. A gold each and you can stay in the common room with the crew. We should make it to Cassomir in five days."

Sensing a bit of deception, Bitty slips over to talk to one of the crew members. One who happens to be busily trying to splice together a rather important looking rope. "Mmmm, well, we might be able to make the trip in five days. But we won't be leaving with the tide as scheduled this afternoon. Probably not tomorrow either. If I was to put money on it, I wouldn't expect to actually arrive in Cassomir in less than eight days from now."

"And he didn't mention anything about food, did he? The food's pretty bad. How many of you are there? Six, and a small dinosaur? Yeah, I wouldn't get your hopes up on getting fed very well."

Mimosa: 5 GP each: 4 days: provides bonuses
Powerful Hector: 2.5 GP each: 6 days
Opportune: 1 GP each: 8 days: imposes penalties

You start the journey with 6 GP each. Choose wisely.

Grand Archive

Nonbinary Seaweed Leshy Thaumaturge - 3 | F:8 R:8 W:8 | hp:35/35 | AC:17 | P:8 I:8 | DC:19 | HP:1 | GA | 124312-2019

I'd go with the Golden Hector if we want to stay within budget. We may have to incur other expenses.

1,401 to 1,450 of 2,239 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [OPVI] PF2e B12 - Somewhere Below (P7) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.