[OPVI] PF2e B12 - Somewhere Below (P7) (Inactive)

Game Master UncleFroggy

Symbols > Single Action (◆), Double Action (◆◆), Triple Action (◆◆◆), Free Action (◇), Reaction (↺)


1,201 to 1,250 of 2,239 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Envoy's Alliance

"Indeed" | 2379001-2001 | Male Changeling Witch 3 | HP 26 / 26 | AC 16 | F +5 R +6 W +10 | Perc +8 | 25 Speed | Hero Points 2/2 | Exploration Activity: Investigate | Active Conditions: ---
Bitty Blue wrote:
""If you've got a channel left Ashun, this might be a good time to use it!"

Hastly drawing two identical glyphs, he answers a bit worried "Bea has a very limited magic pool, that is why I left him behind."

The glyphs pulse, creating markings on Bitty and Cath arms.

◆ Guidance on Bitty Blue
◆ Guidance on Cath
◆ Move

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

White attempts to clobber Bitty with a meaty fist.

Fist vs Bitty AC 19: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Fist vs Bitty AC 19, MAP: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

White's fist smacks Bitty right in the shoulder.

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 2
Tactical Map
Active Conditions:
Before your Turn:
DC 18 Fort Save vs Zombie Rot: Bitty Blue
------------------
Those with ** may go

**Bitty Blue - AC 19, 21/26; Egg AC 17, 14/14 (Guidance)
**Loompecker - AC 19, 30/30
**Cath - AC 18 (20 w/shield), 9/19 (Battle Med - Bitty; AC 20; Shield - hp: 10/20, Broken; Guidance)
**Konbu - AC 16, 24/24
Red (-38)
Yellow (-15)
Thull Ashun - AC 14, 14/14; Bea AC 14, 14/14
Corabee - AC 18 (20 Dueling Parry), 19/19 (Panache)
White (-10)

--------------------------------
CONDITIONS AND EFFECTS REFERENCE
--------------------------------

Zombie Rot; DC 18 Fort Save; Cannot Heal damage unless cured:

Stage 1 - Carrier with no ill effect (1 day)
Stage 2 - 1d6 negative damage (1 day)
Stage 3 - 1d6 negative damage (1 day)
Stage 4 - 1d6 negative damage (1 day)
Stage 5 - Dead, rising as a plague zombie immediately

Grand Archive

Nonbinary Seaweed Leshy Thaumaturge - 3 | F:8 R:8 W:8 | hp:35/35 | AC:17 | P:8 I:8 | DC:19 | HP:1 | GA | 124312-2019

Konbu flings more cold at Red
cold: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 basic ref dc 18 for half

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

GM Dice:

Ref: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Konbu sends more cold at Red, who doesn't get out of the way in time and takes the snowball right in the face.

Cath, I moved you back 5'. Forgot the big boy's hits include 5' for forced movement

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 2
Tactical Map
Active Conditions:
Before your Turn:
DC 18 Fort Save vs Zombie Rot: Bitty Blue
------------------
Those with ** may go

**Bitty Blue - AC 19, 21/26; Egg AC 17, 14/14 (Guidance)
**Loompecker - AC 19, 30/30
**Cath - AC 18 (20 w/shield), 9/19 (Battle Med - Bitty; AC 20; Shield - hp: 10/20, Broken; Guidance)
Konbu - AC 16, 24/24
Red (-44)
Yellow (-15)
Thull Ashun - AC 14, 14/14; Bea AC 14, 14/14
Corabee - AC 18 (20 Dueling Parry), 19/19 (Panache)
White (-10)

--------------------------------
CONDITIONS AND EFFECTS REFERENCE
--------------------------------

Zombie Rot; DC 18 Fort Save; Cannot Heal damage unless cured:

Stage 1 - Carrier with no ill effect (1 day)
Stage 2 - 1d6 negative damage (1 day)
Stage 3 - 1d6 negative damage (1 day)
Stage 4 - 1d6 negative damage (1 day)
Stage 5 - Dead, rising as a plague zombie immediately

Horizon Hunters

Orc Thaumaturge 3 / HP 42/42, Perc +7, AC 20, Fort +8 Ref +8 Will +7 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Diehard

The merchant has a second look for weaknesses on the big one.

Esoteric lore: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Loompecker:

The big boy is vulnerable to both slashing and positive damage

Horizon Hunters

Orc Thaumaturge 3 / HP 42/42, Perc +7, AC 20, Fort +8 Ref +8 Will +7 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Diehard

Seeing a weak spot he moves towards it and strikes.

+1 Orc necksplitter:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Damage, Implement's Empowerment: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8

+ mortal weakness

Use slashing or positive damage for the big one!

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Loompecker finds a weakness in the big zombie. He charges in, taking advantage of the flank set up by Bee. His slash opens the zombie's abdomen, causing some of the contents to spill out.

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 2
Tactical Map
Active Conditions:
Before your Turn:
DC 18 Fort Save vs Zombie Rot: Bitty Blue
------------------
Those with ** may go

**Bitty Blue - AC 19, 21/26; Egg AC 17, 14/14 (Guidance)
Loompecker - AC 19, 30/30
**Cath - AC 18 (20 w/shield), 9/19 (Battle Med - Bitty; AC 20; Shield - hp: 10/20, Broken; Guidance)
Konbu - AC 16, 24/24
Red (-62)
Yellow (-15)
Thull Ashun - AC 14, 14/14; Bea AC 14, 14/14
Corabee - AC 18 (20 Dueling Parry), 19/19 (Panache)
White (-10)

--------------------------------
CONDITIONS AND EFFECTS REFERENCE
--------------------------------

Zombie Rot; DC 18 Fort Save; Cannot Heal damage unless cured:

Stage 1 - Carrier with no ill effect (1 day)
Stage 2 - 1d6 negative damage (1 day)
Stage 3 - 1d6 negative damage (1 day)
Stage 4 - 1d6 negative damage (1 day)
Stage 5 - Dead, rising as a plague zombie immediately

Horizon Hunters

"Eep!" | 820-2011 | Female Sylph Gnome Thief Rogue 3 | HP 35/35 | AC 20 | F +6 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8 | 30 Speed | Hero Points 2/2 | Campaign Coins 1/1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: Darkvision

Fortitude (T) plus Guidance: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 12
Hero Point plus Guidance: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 1 = 13

"Eep!" Bitty winces as she feels the zombie rot take hold. Then she takes a deep breath, holding her head high. "I am a dragon, and dragons do not go down easily! Flank with me, Egg and claw this thing!"

◈ Command Egg
◈ Interact to draw dagger

Bitty waits for Egg to get into position, and then strikes!

Dagger (agile, finesse, versatile): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Slashing Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Then Egg attacks!

◈ Stride
Talon (agile, finesse): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Slashing Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Animal Companion to Bitty Blue | 820-2011 | Male Dromaeosaur 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 17 | F +6 R +7 W +5 | Perc +5 | 50 Speed | Active Conditions: Low-Light, Scent (imprecise, 30 ft.), ---

"Grrrrrrrr!"

Don't hurt my gnome!

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Both Egg and Bitty join forces and rip Yellow to shreds.

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 2
Tactical Map
Active Conditions:
------------------
Those with ** may go

Bitty Blue - AC 19, 21/26 (Zombie Rot Carrier); Egg AC 17, 14/14
Loompecker - AC 19, 30/30
**Cath - AC 18 (20 w/shield), 9/19 (Battle Med - Bitty; AC 20; Shield - hp: 10/20, Broken; Guidance)
Konbu - AC 16, 24/24
Red (-62)
Thull Ashun - AC 14, 14/14; Bea AC 14, 14/14
Corabee - AC 18 (20 Dueling Parry), 19/19 (Panache)
White (-10)

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Btw, those who are magically inclined (trained in either Arcana/Occult/Religion/Nature can try to identify the hat Konbu is wearing) after the fight

Vigilant Seal

| Female NG Medium Human Fighter 1 | 2422480-2001 | ♥️ 13/19 | AC 18 (20 Shield) | 20/20 Shield | F +6 R +7 W +3 | Perc +5 | Class DC 17 | Speed 25ft | ✋: Shield ✋: Torch | Active Conditions: () | Default Exploration ( Defending) | ☘️ 0/1

Dropping her torch and shield, Cath draws her sword in both hands before stepping in and swinging once again towards the big red creature! "Don't get hit! Guy packs a punch!"

Attack+Guidance: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 1 = 11
Hero Point: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 1 = 26

Slashing damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

ACTIONS
◇ Drop Torch and Shield
◈ Draw Sword
◈ Step
◈ Strike

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Cath draws her sword in a two-handed grip, steps forward and separates the zombie's head from the rest of it.

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 2
Tactical Map
Active Conditions:
------------------
Those with ** may go

Bitty Blue - AC 19, 21/26 (Zombie Rot Carrier); Egg AC 17, 14/14
Loompecker - AC 19, 30/30
Cath - AC 18 (20 w/shield), 9/19 (Battle Med - Bitty)
Konbu - AC 16, 24/24
**Thull Ashun - AC 14, 14/14; Bea AC 14, 14/14
**Corabee - AC 18 (20 Dueling Parry), 19/19 (Panache)
White (-10)

Envoy's Alliance

"Indeed" | 2379001-2001 | Male Changeling Witch 3 | HP 26 / 26 | AC 16 | F +5 R +6 W +10 | Perc +8 | 25 Speed | Hero Points 2/2 | Exploration Activity: Investigate | Active Conditions: ---

Pointing at Corabee with one hand, a guiding sigil covers the arm holding the weapon. The other hands draws a longer glyph that shows up as a shield on Bitty's neck and on the Zombie's mouth.
"I need to buy a crossbow for these situations." he says a bit tired to himself

◆ Guidance on Corabee
◆◆ Forbidding Ward on Bitty Blue vs White

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Ashun gives Bee a boost and protects Bitty against White.

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 2
Tactical Map
Active Conditions:
------------------
Those with ** may go

Bitty Blue - AC 19, 21/26 (Zombie Rot Carrier; +1 AC/Saves vs White); Egg AC 17, 14/14
Loompecker - AC 19, 30/30
Cath - AC 18 (20 w/shield), 9/19 (Battle Med - Bitty)
Konbu - AC 16, 24/24
Thull Ashun - AC 14, 14/14; Bea AC 14, 14/14
**Corabee - AC 18 (20 Dueling Parry), 19/19 (Panache; Guidance)
White (-10)

Horizon Hunters

"Of course that was part of the plan." | CG Male Gnome Swashbuckler 3 | HP 41 | AC 20 (22 parrying) | Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +7; | Perception +7 low-light vision | Speed 30 (35 with panache) | Class DC 19 | Exploration (Dueling Parry)

Bee looks from the now fully dead zombie up to Cath. "Well, you do pack a punch too." He hops over the decapitated zombie and attacks the last one with a flashy sweep while it is distracted by Bitty.

Short Sword Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Finisher Short Sword Damage (s): 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Finisher Damage (precision): 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5 Half of this damage if attack regular fails

Then brings his sword to guard position.

Stride, Confident Finisher, Dueling Parry

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Bitty, Egg: 1d2 ⇒ 1

Bee charges at White and slashes it across the abdomen, opening a ragged gash.

White responds by swinging a fist at Bitty.

Fist vs Bitty AC 20: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Fist vs Bitty AC 20, MAP: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

... and doesn't succeed.

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 3
Tactical Map
Active Conditions:
------------------
Those with ** may go

**Bitty Blue - AC 19, 21/26 (Zombie Rot Carrier; +1 AC/Saves vs White); Egg AC 17, 14/14
**Loompecker - AC 19, 30/30
**Cath - AC 18 (20 w/shield), 9/19 (Battle Med - Bitty)
**Konbu - AC 16, 24/24
**Thull Ashun - AC 14, 14/14; Bea AC 14, 14/14
**Corabee - AC 18 (20 Dueling Parry), 19/19 (AC 20)
White (-29)

Horizon Hunters

Orc Thaumaturge 3 / HP 42/42, Perc +7, AC 20, Fort +8 Ref +8 Will +7 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Diehard

Seeing that there is only one remaining opponent he analyzes this one.

Esoteric lore: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Horizon Hunters

"Eep!" | 820-2011 | Female Sylph Gnome Thief Rogue 3 | HP 35/35 | AC 20 | F +6 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8 | 30 Speed | Hero Points 2/2 | Campaign Coins 1/1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: Darkvision

Bitty slashes at the zombie twice, and then commands Egg. "Claw him, Egg!"

Dagger (agile, finesse, versatile): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Slashing Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Dagger (agile, finesse, versatile): 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 8 - 4 = 22
Slashing Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 4

◈ Command Egg


Animal Companion to Bitty Blue | 820-2011 | Male Dromaeosaur 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 17 | F +6 R +7 W +5 | Perc +5 | 50 Speed | Active Conditions: Low-Light, Scent (imprecise, 30 ft.), ---

"Grrrrrr!"

The dinosaur growls, slashing at the nasty zombie who tried to hurt Bitty.

Talon (agile, finesse): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Slashing Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Talon (agile, finesse): 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 7 - 4 = 18
Slashing Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Horizon Hunters

Orc Thaumaturge 3 / HP 42/42, Perc +7, AC 20, Fort +8 Ref +8 Will +7 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Diehard

Then he steps and strikes it.

+1orc necksplitter: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 = 13

+ mortal weakness

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Bitty's first slash slices White's head clean off...

AC for White and Yellow was 13. The big one was AC 15. Had the fight gone on longer, Loompecker would have been the first PC to not hit it!

Examining the area beyond the raised platform:

DC 15 Crafting/Lore:
The artistry of both the mural and the statue is of the highest quality and likely cost hundreds of gold each to construct.

DC 13 Absalom Lore/Culture/Religion:
You identify the mural as a depiction of Aroden raising the Starstone and the Isle of Kortos from the depths of the ocean.
Crit Success Roll:
Spoiler:
You notice that the depiction does not exactly match that famous event; the affected patch of ocean seems too small to be the island, and the figure’s left hand has barely visible webbing between the fingers.

DC 15 Occultism/Religion:
You identify the statue as a depiction of Dagon, demon lord of the sea, sea monsters, and deformity.

Further searching of the immediate area reveals the following:

A pendant of the occult, a potion of water breathing, a silver bowl decorated with a sea motif worth 7 gold pieces
(3 Treasure Bundles)

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Most of the other rooms are empty. Until you come to a room in a corner.

Bits of saturated parchment, fragments of wood, and other detritus float on the surface of the two-foot-deep water in the room. Small niches are carved up and down the walls, each space only a few inches square but nearly a foot deep. The niches to the north are mostly destroyed by the partial collapse of the surrounding wall, and a deep crack runs at an angle across it. To the east, a statue of a hippocampus rears up and its eyes roll back as if in pain. A trident made of a corroded metal protrudes from a wound in its side. Behind the statue on the wall are carved the words "Ex Prothex".

DC 15 Society:
You realize that the hippocampus is one of the mascots of Absalom and that "Ex Prothex" is the city’s motto, meaning "First among equals."

If you search the room:
You quickly locate an airtight bone scroll tube bobbing in the water. Inside is a remarkable document: the deed to the playhouse and even some of the surrounding neighborhood. This document in and of itself does not grant rights to the property, but it can be used to make a strong case for ownership for the goblins, given the lack of current owner.

The deed represents three Treasure Bundles.

Horizon Hunters

"Of course that was part of the plan." | CG Male Gnome Swashbuckler 3 | HP 41 | AC 20 (22 parrying) | Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +7; | Perception +7 low-light vision | Speed 30 (35 with panache) | Class DC 19 | Exploration (Dueling Parry)

Bee is a bit concerned when the zombie doesn't drop dead after he stabs it. But then Bitty dodges the clumsy swing that it aims at her - and then Bee has to block flying bits of undead flesh as Bitty and Egg rip the thing into small pieces.

Bee gives the young Gnome a grin. "Nicely done."

Horizon Hunters

Orc Thaumaturge 3 / HP 42/42, Perc +7, AC 20, Fort +8 Ref +8 Will +7 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Diehard

Religion DC 13:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Occultism DC 15: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

The orc looks around but doesn't notice anything except the three items.

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.
"Eep!" | 820-2011 | Female Sylph Gnome Thief Rogue 3 | HP 35/35 | AC 20 | F +6 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8 | 30 Speed | Hero Points 2/2 | Campaign Coins 1/1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: Darkvision

"Who's a good dinosaur?" Bitty asks Egg after the fight. "You are!" She cuddles her dragon and then blushes a deeper shade of blue when Bee compliments them. "It was a team effort. We all did well."

Crafting DC 15: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

"The artistry of both the mural and the statue is of the highest quality and likely cost hundreds of gold each to construct. The goblins should charge for tours of this place. This craftsmanship is something that the dwarves of Cloudspire would be proud of."

Society DC 13: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
I assume by Culture you mean the Society skill. Not that it matters with that roll...

Religion DC 13: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

"Oh, I know who this statue is of! That's Dagon, demon lord of the sea, sea monsters, and deformity. Huh. Maybe the dwarves of Cloudspire would not like that after all."


Animal Companion to Bitty Blue | 820-2011 | Male Dromaeosaur 2 | HP 14/14 | AC 17 | F +6 R +7 W +5 | Perc +5 | 50 Speed | Active Conditions: Low-Light, Scent (imprecise, 30 ft.), ---

"Chirrrrp!" Egg submits happily to being petted.

Horizon Hunters

"Eep!" | 820-2011 | Female Sylph Gnome Thief Rogue 3 | HP 35/35 | AC 20 | F +6 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8 | 30 Speed | Hero Points 2/2 | Campaign Coins 1/1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: Darkvision

In the next room

Society DC 15: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Bitty's eyes widen. "Oh wait! Remember that lecture on Absalom History that I attended last week? The lecturer there said the hippocampus is one of the mascots of Absalom and 'Ex Prothex' is the city’s motto, meaning 'First among equals.'"

She of course searches the room. "What do you make of this scroll?"

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.
"Of course that was part of the plan." | CG Male Gnome Swashbuckler 3 | HP 41 | AC 20 (22 parrying) | Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +7; | Perception +7 low-light vision | Speed 30 (35 with panache) | Class DC 19 | Exploration (Dueling Parry)
Bitty Blue wrote:
"The lecturer there said the hippocampus is one of the mascots of Absalom and 'Ex Prothex' is the city’s motto, meaning 'First among equals.'"

Bee looks concerned and thoughtful at that announcement. "Maybe it is losing something in the translation. Or maybe I am reading too much into it. But 'First among equals' doesn't sound very good. 'Everyone is equal, but we still get to be first.'?" Bee shrugs and shakes his head. "Maybe I have just defeated a few too many sore losers over the years."

Grand Archive

Nonbinary Seaweed Leshy Thaumaturge - 3 | F:8 R:8 W:8 | hp:35/35 | AC:17 | P:8 I:8 | DC:19 | HP:1 | GA | 124312-2019

religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
occultism: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Konbu bows to the statue of Dagon since Dagon ((I'm fairly sure it is) is a Great Old One and must be kept pacified.

society: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

They retrieve the scroll. Give this to the goblins? they suggest.

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates
Bitty Blue wrote:
I assume by Culture you mean the Society skill. Not that it matters with that roll...

GAH! That's what happens when I copy and paste without looking. Appears to be another holdover from PF1 that made it into the final product...

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Only one thing left to do. You need to report to King Zusgut about what you found down here. Are you planning to give the deed to the goblins? How do you plan to get Marcon through the playhouse?

DC 16 Arcana/Religion/Occultism/Crafting:
Taking some time, you identify the hat Konbu is wearing as a Hat of Disguise

Horizon Hunters

"Eep!" | 820-2011 | Female Sylph Gnome Thief Rogue 3 | HP 35/35 | AC 20 | F +6 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8 | 30 Speed | Hero Points 2/2 | Campaign Coins 1/1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: Darkvision

Arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

"That's a Hat of Disguise that Konbu is wearing!" Bitty grins as she studies the hat and looks at Marcon. "Konbu, would you be willing to lend it?"

Horizon Hunters

"Of course that was part of the plan." | CG Male Gnome Swashbuckler 3 | HP 41 | AC 20 (22 parrying) | Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +7; | Perception +7 low-light vision | Speed 30 (35 with panache) | Class DC 19 | Exploration (Dueling Parry)
GM Tiger wrote:
Appears to be another holdover from PF1 that made it into the final product...

Culture is a Starfinder skill. So someone creating content for both systems at the same time.

Bee goes and finds where Marcon ran off to. "Hey. It wouldn't be a good idea to run off too far. If someone sees you just running around on your own, they may get a bit spooked."

He thinks for a bit and mentions to the others in the group, "Which is going to be a problem. We need some way of hiding Marcon. Getting him past the Goblins upstairs may be the biggest problem. We should be able to find a big cloak with a hood or something like that once we are out of these flooded caverns."

"Maybe some sort of distraction? Toss them that deed instead of hand it to them and slip him past while they chase it around."

Horizon Hunters

"Eep!" | 820-2011 | Female Sylph Gnome Thief Rogue 3 | HP 35/35 | AC 20 | F +6 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8 | 30 Speed | Hero Points 2/2 | Campaign Coins 1/1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: Darkvision

"Or..." Bitty says playfully, "We can use that hat. Konbu, do you mind?" She puts the hat on, and turns into a twin of Konbu. "See how it works?"

Horizon Hunters

2 people marked this as a favorite.
"Of course that was part of the plan." | CG Male Gnome Swashbuckler 3 | HP 41 | AC 20 (22 parrying) | Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +7; | Perception +7 low-light vision | Speed 30 (35 with panache) | Class DC 19 | Exploration (Dueling Parry)
Bitty Blue wrote:
"Or..." Bitty says playfully, "We can use that hat. Konbu, do you mind?" She puts the hat on, and turns into a twin of Konbu. "See how it works?"

"Mmmm. Very impressive. But not nearly as much fun."

"Ooh. How about... He disguises himself as a human and then we dress him up as a ghoul and then we try to sneak him out. Then if we are caught he can drop the ghoul dress-up and turn into just a human and it will look like we are just pranking the Goblins on our way out."

Envoy's Alliance

"Indeed" | 2379001-2001 | Male Changeling Witch 3 | HP 26 / 26 | AC 16 | F +5 R +6 W +10 | Perc +8 | 25 Speed | Hero Points 2/2 | Exploration Activity: Investigate | Active Conditions: ---

wow, a lot happened. Chronomancy time

After the battle
Ashun agrees with both Bee and Bitty
"Indeed. A most impressive display of fighting, you all never cease to amaze me."

"What about those?"
He says, pointing towards the area beyond the raised platform

in the same order as Tiger wrote
Crafting: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Society: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Religion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Before he starts explaining, Bitty exclaims her foundings, and impressed he says
"Wow, have you been studying? That is incredibly fascinating." he smiles to the small one
"But if I may add, the mural also depicts Aroden bringing the gem meteor from the depths of the ocean together with Kortos' Isle."
Resting his chin on the side of his hand, with both thumb and index forming an L shape.
"But I wonder, seems like the mural is either missing some parts or purposefuly mismatching the events. Island is too small and he is missing the webbing, look.", he points to the imperfections on the mural.
"Something to do with Dagon? Since they are the lord of deformity?"
The changeling shrugs, "But the goblins could probably still give some tours."

next room
Society: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
"Well Bee, that could also be interpreted as the first equal, if that makes any sense. As in, the first person to not try to be above others.", he gives a small pause, "We could ask a scholar after we are back to Absalom. Sounds like a fun philosophy lesson.", Ashun says, probably overthinking it just as much as Bee.

When Konbu picks up the scroll, Ashun agrees with him.
"Probably the best thing to do.", his face turns into a mischievous grin, "Or maybe, we could turn that place into our headquarters!--", he waves his hand in front of his face, "No, I jest. Would not be wise, also, you all deserve a better base of operations."

Arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
And after listening to both gnomes
"That does indeed sound fun, Bee, but given that the hat can only make illusions, under close scrutiny inspection, the goblins might get suspicious. I suggest we tell them that they are just a common person that was lost and we are rescuing them back to the city."

Envoy's Alliance

"mlem" |Thull Ashun's familiar | 2379001-2001 | Male "Iguana" 3 | HP 15 / 15 | AC 16 | F +5 R +6 W +10 | Perc +7 | 25 Speed | Active Conditions: Low-Light |

Is not an android, but is currently dreaming of magic sheep

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Last chance at elaborate RP... what you gonna tell Zusgut? Are you going to hand the deed to him?

Envoy's Alliance

"Indeed" | 2379001-2001 | Male Changeling Witch 3 | HP 26 / 26 | AC 16 | F +5 R +6 W +10 | Perc +8 | 25 Speed | Hero Points 2/2 | Exploration Activity: Investigate | Active Conditions: ---

unless others oppose, I'm fine with giving him the deed

Grand Archive

Nonbinary Seaweed Leshy Thaumaturge - 3 | F:8 R:8 W:8 | hp:35/35 | AC:17 | P:8 I:8 | DC:19 | HP:1 | GA | 124312-2019

Konbu will give Marcon the hat, as well as agreeing to give Zusgut the scroll.

Horizon Hunters

Orc Thaumaturge 3 / HP 42/42, Perc +7, AC 20, Fort +8 Ref +8 Will +7 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Diehard

We should give the deed to the venture-captain.

The orc strokes his thin wondering why to give it to the goblins.

Horizon Hunters

"Eep!" | 820-2011 | Female Sylph Gnome Thief Rogue 3 | HP 35/35 | AC 20 | F +6 R +11 W +8 | Perc +8 | 30 Speed | Hero Points 2/2 | Campaign Coins 1/1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Active Conditions: Darkvision

"No! The deed isn't random loot that the Society can claim. Zusgut gave us permission to explore the ruins beneath his land, and trusted us." Bitty points upwards towards the theater. "Right now, the goblins are squatters on a piece of land that no one else wants. But the slightest whiff of anything interesting - like this site - and the city will run them off. If the deed will strengthen their claim, we've got to hand it over to them. Everyone deserves a home."

Grand Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Nonbinary Seaweed Leshy Thaumaturge - 3 | F:8 R:8 W:8 | hp:35/35 | AC:17 | P:8 I:8 | DC:19 | HP:1 | GA | 124312-2019

Konbu nods. Besides, the place is no good for anyone else ... except maybe for us seaweed leshies. But doing so may well gain the Society some more allies

Horizon Hunters

"Of course that was part of the plan." | CG Male Gnome Swashbuckler 3 | HP 41 | AC 20 (22 parrying) | Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +7; | Perception +7 low-light vision | Speed 30 (35 with panache) | Class DC 19 | Exploration (Dueling Parry)

"OK. Well, the tide is going to be coming in sometime soon. Let's get topside before that happens."

Bee heads back the way that they came in. "So. We don't want the Goblins taking too close of a look at Marcon. Especially with their history of coming here from Lastwall. That wouldn't end well. So we need some sort of distraction while a few of us lead him out. If those mercenaries are still hanging around maybe I could set up a ring match with one of them. That would certainly do the job."

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

So you all troop back upstairs. The goblins welcome you like heroes and direct you to the throne room.

"Ah! You're back! So wha'dya find down there?"

So how you going to deal with your ... new friend?

You can either:
Convince Zusgut to let Marcon through: Diplomacy/Performance
Lie to Zusgut about Marcon: Deception
Sneak Marcon through the playhouse: Stealth
You get a bonus if you decide to tell the king about the deed

Horizon Hunters

"Of course that was part of the plan." | CG Male Gnome Swashbuckler 3 | HP 41 | AC 20 (22 parrying) | Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +7; | Perception +7 low-light vision | Speed 30 (35 with panache) | Class DC 19 | Exploration (Dueling Parry)

"Someone take Marcon and get him out of here. I'll distract them," Bee whispers to the others.

He puts on a big smile and approaches the goblins.

Not sure if this would be better as deception or performance, but since both have the same bonus, either would work the same.
Deception (create a distraction): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

"Hey, Zuzgut. Well, first we found those scaley sharp-toothed monsters you warned us about. They were no match for us though. There are some water pumps, but they are broken. Oh, we also met up with that other group of guys that we were talking to earlier. You actually let them go down there after us? But no matter, we didn't have any problems with them either. Are they still hanging around here?"

Horizon Hunters

Orc Thaumaturge 3 / HP 42/42, Perc +7, AC 20, Fort +8 Ref +8 Will +7 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Diehard

The merchant has no time to argue they have an hat of disguise at disposal that Bee goes. But what Bee does doesn’t prevent the others to disguise Marcon with the hat.

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

You also manage to convince Zusgut that you ran into Marcon in the tunnels beneath as a lost explorer and that you're leading him to the surface. (I'm assuming here that he's got the hat on).

"Oh you mean those terrible actors? I certainly did not let them go after you! In any case, they're not here anymore. Something - something about not being paid enough. No treasures down there to speak of?"

1,201 to 1,250 of 2,239 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [OPVI] PF2e B12 - Somewhere Below (P7) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.