DM Eric's Hells' Vengeance Campaign

Game Master Eric Swanson

Week 1; Day 4

Rebellion Points: 6

Maps and Slides

LOOT LIST


401 to 450 of 557 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Male Resistances Fire:5 Cold:5 Lightning 5 curr effect:Divine Favor Thiefling (Demon Spawn) Omdura of Malacoda 1 HP19/19 AC17/15/12 Fort 5 Dex 0 Will 2 Init 0 Perc4 Sense motive 3 CMB/CMD4/14[/ooc] [ooc]Spell Slots L1[ooc]2/3

Eh, I can get the rumor mill going Thinks Aurelius as he hears of the Hobgoblins travel itinerarary.

bluff to spread rumors: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29

Yeah, "Alexeara" happens funnily enough to be an acronym or Araexela, a high ranking and relatively famous Lilitu, famous in particular for "pranking devils", in Nocticulas employ. Which is of course not suspicious at all, the God Claw being the Hell knight order most hostile to Demons, how really convenient for a certain someone, who has absolutely no history of cleverly using Crusader idiots as her cat paws eh?
His voice drips with irony.

Do you have any idea how the reclamation is paying their troops btw.? Mendevs supposedly broke, I have heard rumors that the money is coming from one "A-Town". But I dont think its is Absalom. That place got far to many trade ties with Cheliax that are getting disrupted. I also dont think its Andoran. If Andoran would fund the reclamation, they would broadcast it everywhere. So, my pet theory is that the funding comes from Alyushinyrra, Nocticulas Abyssal capital. Starts with A, has the money, is good in subterfuge, was outright allied with Mendev against Baphomet and the Worldwound. Whoever loses this war, the crusade or Cheliax, she wins.

He stops to gauge the hobgoblins reaction.


Female CE follower of Calistria, the savored Sting | Tiefling | Outsider (Native) | Antipaladin 2 | Resistance Fire 5, Cold 5, Elec. 5 | HP 23/23 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | CMB +2 | CMD 16 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc. -2, Sense Motive -2, Dipl. +10, Bluff +9/+13 to lie, Intimidate +8 | Smite 1/1 | Selfish Healing 5/5 | Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions:

Amala looks at Hallidan, Octanonius and Fellzir with a puzzled look while Aurelius speaks to the mercenary.

“I have little knowledge about all these orders and this sword. Do you know more Hallidan, Octanonius and Fellzir?“ she asks curiously.


Male Human Cleric 2, 17 hp, +2 Init, Saves: 5/2/5

"My friend, you just earned yourself half-price drinks at the Last Stand Tavern. Tell the barmaids that the heroes of Longacre said so."

To Amala: "Maybe. Let me confer with Oc." and ask the DM if I should be rolling Local or Religion.

Grand Lodge

Zaggar stares at Aurelius as he tries to keep up with the long words uttered by the charming tiefling. "Yeah, I don't worry about that...as long as I get paid."

After conferring with one another you determine the Order of the Godclaw (sometimes written "Order of the God Claw"; sometimes referred to as the Hellknights of the Godclaw) is a Hellknight order that extols the virtues of five deities, distilling select tenets into a dogma far from any one god's faith. Not content with seeking divine approval for their knighthood's righteous path, the Order of the Godclaw's members have sculpted their beliefs from the harshest, most exacting philosophies of five lawful deities: Abadar, Irori, Torag, Asmodeus... and Iomedae.


Male Human Cleric 2, 17 hp, +2 Init, Saves: 5/2/5

Fellzir shares that complicated pantheon with the rest of the party.
"Iomedae... that's just..." He trails off, shaking his head.


Male Human URogue 2 | AC: 17/14/13| HP: 4/18 | Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +3 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | Init +4 | Perception +5 (low-light, darkvision 10 ft) |
Attack:
shortsword +6, 1d6+1/19-20 (1d8+1 if opponent is unaware)

"Kinda funny, don't you think. Armies going to war who say they fight for the same goddess. Makes me wonder who she's rooting for. Or maybe she just likes the bloodshed."


Female CE follower of Calistria, the savored Sting | Tiefling | Outsider (Native) | Antipaladin 2 | Resistance Fire 5, Cold 5, Elec. 5 | HP 23/23 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | CMB +2 | CMD 16 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc. -2, Sense Motive -2, Dipl. +10, Bluff +9/+13 to lie, Intimidate +8 | Smite 1/1 | Selfish Healing 5/5 | Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions:

“You know a lot Hallidan, Octanonius and Fellzir about these political parties!“ Amala says appreciatively while escorting the hobgoblin and being sure he’s told everything he knows.

diplomacy in case he still has more to share : 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


Male Resistances Fire:5 Cold:5 Lightning 5 curr effect:Divine Favor Thiefling (Demon Spawn) Omdura of Malacoda 1 HP19/19 AC17/15/12 Fort 5 Dex 0 Will 2 Init 0 Perc4 Sense motive 3 CMB/CMD4/14[/ooc] [ooc]Spell Slots L1[ooc]2/3

Aurelius checks in on the Alchemist that was asking reasonable questions about the curfew decree earlier, to see if she has made any progress with the chancellery.

influence alchemist (bluff): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

May I enter Mrs?
Aurelius announced himself at the alchemists house

I wished to verify that things with the chancellery proceeded well, or if further intervention on my part is required. I hope the letter in infernal detailing them to assist you as a priority was of some use?

Aurelius meanwhile seeks to collect information. Of particular interest to him are disappearances, as these could be either leads on reclamation personel, or possible leads to securing greater degrees of the cities loyalty, by solving these.

collect information (diplomacy): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Grand Lodge

Zaggar shrugs, "It don't matter to me, as long as my pouch is full. Warfare is a natural state for us hobgoblins...and you humans too. Without battle you grow soft and weak. They know this that is why they fight!"

As you return to the Jail, passing by the pillory where Bolgart is still secured, he glares at the lot of you and spits at his feet in impotence.

Aurelius takes his leave of the party and heads over to the Rohalendi’s Hospice where he talked with the owner a few days prior. As he approaches the building located outside of the town walls to the west the elderly residents look up at him and resolutely turn their backs to him, ignoring him otherwise. Gerya does walk over to greet him, though none too enthusiastically. "Yes, Mister Flavius. Thank you for your concern. I was able to get the issue sorted out thank you." She peers up at him with a neutral expression, "Is there anything I can do for you?"

Aurelius's foray into disappearances in the town are less fruitful, most of them centering around the Old Lodge (located southwest of Longacres walls) an old church formerly hosting Erastil worshippers. Local stories give the place a reputation as haunted, claiming that the god of hunters guards his sanctuary until his faithful return.

I have placed a picture of Gerya Rohalendi on Slide #3


Male Resistances Fire:5 Cold:5 Lightning 5 curr effect:Divine Favor Thiefling (Demon Spawn) Omdura of Malacoda 1 HP19/19 AC17/15/12 Fort 5 Dex 0 Will 2 Init 0 Perc4 Sense motive 3 CMB/CMD4/14[/ooc] [ooc]Spell Slots L1[ooc]2/3

Just making the rounds Mrs. Rohalendi, please do not hesitate to inform me if either strage diseases, unusual cases of poison, upticks of madness or the likes of such happen. Several factions opposed to Cheliax and Imperial rule make ample use of such tactics to degrade adversaries.

After saying this, Aurelius politely leaves.

Comrades Aurelius proposes as he returns to the group after his inquiries.

There is a supposed haunted building to the southwest. Either it is haunted, in which case we can prove our might and mettle by crushing the haunt, or it is not, in that case, free real estate. Or it is not, and is used by the reclamation, in that case, Boinkings will be administered, or it is not, and is used by a criminal enterprise, in that case, we either get a cut, or someone gets boinked. Who is up for a little expedition?


Middle-Aged Human Wizard (EA Infernal Binder) 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 13 (t 9 ff 13)| CMB -2 | CMD 7 |Fort 0, Ref -1, Will +6 | Perception +4; Init +3

"Whatever it is, if my meager magical talents can be of use I will accompany you," Octavonius says, standing up with a slight groan. With everyone gathered he also voices something he has been musing in their absence. "I will be honest that while I take pride in this new position of authority the benefits of a wealth of gold and a certainty of meals and shelter are ones I am unfamiliar with outside of the confines of a jail cell. As such I do not really know what to spend my excess gold on as of yet. Until I can think of any uses for it I will happily donate it to any such causes any of you think will be beneficial, be it personal or otherwise."

"Shinies!" Ohd caws from his shoulder.

"You get plenty, foul bird!" Octavonius snaps back.


Male Resistances Fire:5 Cold:5 Lightning 5 curr effect:Divine Favor Thiefling (Demon Spawn) Omdura of Malacoda 1 HP19/19 AC17/15/12 Fort 5 Dex 0 Will 2 Init 0 Perc4 Sense motive 3 CMB/CMD4/14[/ooc] [ooc]Spell Slots L1[ooc]2/3

While they are associated with the drunken accident, the concept of stagger proof boots, Stagger proof boots have saved many a mage, the ability to move as an immidiate acion in return to someone charging you is literally live saving for a practicioner of the arcane arts. The ability to stand up without provoking additional attacks
He pauses, looking up and down at Octavionus.

At a price of 2000 gold, and its reasonable availablility, it is frequently a great purchase Sir Octavonius. He finished with his silken voice.

bluff: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29

sense motive dc 28 or lower:

Aurelius is perfecly honest, and believes that this is a great item to reduce low level elderly mage mortality.

sense motive Octavionus DC 29:

Should you die inspite of this, Aurelius will grab these boots, use them himself, and may even avenge you, but his recommendation is aimed at an item that would benefit him as well should you fall.
You do not sense that he has any hostile intentions against you.


Female CE follower of Calistria, the savored Sting | Tiefling | Outsider (Native) | Antipaladin 2 | Resistance Fire 5, Cold 5, Elec. 5 | HP 23/23 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | CMB +2 | CMD 16 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc. -2, Sense Motive -2, Dipl. +10, Bluff +9/+13 to lie, Intimidate +8 | Smite 1/1 | Selfish Healing 5/5 | Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions:

Amala smiles at Octavonius.

“Octavonius!! That is so kind of you. Of course I’ll take you up on this offer when something is so fine that I’d want to buy it!“ she says and touches his arm.

She then nods at Aurelius.

“Well Aurelius, if that’s so important for you? Let us check the haunted building!“


Male Human URogue 2 | AC: 17/14/13| HP: 4/18 | Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +3 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | Init +4 | Perception +5 (low-light, darkvision 10 ft) |
Attack:
shortsword +6, 1d6+1/19-20 (1d8+1 if opponent is unaware)

"Count me in. If the place is really haunted I probably won't be much use-- but if it ain't, which is my guess, I don't wanna miss the action."

Grand Lodge

You decide to take a break here from your duties and decide to investigate the Old Lodge which, legends tell, is haunted. Located not far from The Jackdaw the town’s livery and along a seldom used trail to the southwest of town you cautious make your way to the Old Lodge, now all that remains of their church now is a row of broken wooden posts and what is left of the roof covered in a blanket of moss hanging over a half-sheltered altar standing in from of a pool filled with a skum- covered layer of water. The whole area is surrounded by an overgrown thicket A broken set of stairs leads into a covered area which is covered by shadows despite the noonday sun . A cursory examination shows no one around here that you notice. The place appears deserted.

Actions?
_____________________

Status:

Amala 21/21 hp
Aurelius 17/17 hp
Fellzir 13/13 hp
Hallidan 16/16 hp
Octavonius 10/10 hp
=========
Cimri ?/? hp
_____________________

Current Effects: NONE
___________________

Current MAP.


Male Human Cleric 2, 17 hp, +2 Init, Saves: 5/2/5
DM Eric wrote:
Fellzir 13/13 hp

17 hp, if it pleases m'lord. (Con bonus, favored class etc.)

Fellzir will casts Detect Magic this round and start to scan within sixty feet. If there's a "next round," he will load his crossbow and cover whomever sneaks in. (Hal?)


Female CE follower of Calistria, the savored Sting | Tiefling | Outsider (Native) | Antipaladin 2 | Resistance Fire 5, Cold 5, Elec. 5 | HP 23/23 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | CMB +2 | CMD 16 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc. -2, Sense Motive -2, Dipl. +10, Bluff +9/+13 to lie, Intimidate +8 | Smite 1/1 | Selfish Healing 5/5 | Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions:

Amala also looks around and tries to sense balance.

Detect Balance (Sp) means that Amala can sense those with neutral alignments on the second alignment axis:
At will, an insinuator can detect strong moral leanings. This functions as detect evil or detect good, but does not actually reveal the target’s alignment, only whether the target is neutral (rather than good or evil) and the relative strength of that aura. This ability alters detect good.

She then moves forward.


Male Resistances Fire:5 Cold:5 Lightning 5 curr effect:Divine Favor Thiefling (Demon Spawn) Omdura of Malacoda 1 HP19/19 AC17/15/12 Fort 5 Dex 0 Will 2 Init 0 Perc4 Sense motive 3 CMB/CMD4/14[/ooc] [ooc]Spell Slots L1[ooc]2/3

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 with detect magic

Interesting, quite spacious actually, let us be careful.

He is content to watch, masterork bastard sword at the ready, for the actions of his allies.


Male Human URogue 2 | AC: 17/14/13| HP: 4/18 | Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +3 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | Init +4 | Perception +5 (low-light, darkvision 10 ft) |
Attack:
shortsword +6, 1d6+1/19-20 (1d8+1 if opponent is unaware)

Hal inspects the scum-covered pool. ”Well it’s clear there ain’t no one using this place. No one living, anyway,” he adds with a smirk. He picks up a pebble and tosses it into the water.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Middle-Aged Human Wizard (EA Infernal Binder) 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 13 (t 9 ff 13)| CMB -2 | CMD 7 |Fort 0, Ref -1, Will +6 | Perception +4; Init +3

With some muttered arcane words and fanciful movements, Octavonius casts Mage Armor on himself while remaining at the back of the group. Clearing his mind of those interesting boots Aurelius mentioned, he and Ohd attempt to search their surroundings more closely as they fall in line with the others.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 2 = 20

Grand Lodge

The party advances cautiously into the abandoned church area ever alert for any dangers here. As you approach the pool you note several dried corpses (though none appear humanoid) littered about the mossy floor surrounding the pool. As Hallidan's pebble splashes into the pool the ripples spread out...and is joined by a second ripple. Before you can react to this you see a rustling coming from the pool itself...

Initiative:

Amala: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Aurelius: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12
Fellzir: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Hallidan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Octavonius: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13
Cimri: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9

...both Hallidan and Octavonius abruptly realize the pool is occupied by a large gnarled vine, as thick as a man’s arm and bearing cerulean flower blooms along its shaped leaves as it springs to life!

Surprise round Status:

Amala 21/21 hp
Aurelius 17/17 hp
Fellzir 17/17 hp
Hallidan 16/16 hp
Octavonius 10/10 hp (Mage Armor)
-------------
Cimri ?/? hp
=========

Plant? ?/? hp

_____________________

Current Effects: NONE
_____________________

Current MAP.

Both Hallidan and Octavonius can take a single action here (move or standard).


Male Human URogue 2 | AC: 17/14/13| HP: 4/18 | Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +3 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | Init +4 | Perception +5 (low-light, darkvision 10 ft) |
Attack:
shortsword +6, 1d6+1/19-20 (1d8+1 if opponent is unaware)

"Whoa!" Hal rips his shortsword from its sheath. "Got company over here!"

Draw weapon.


Middle-Aged Human Wizard (EA Infernal Binder) 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 13 (t 9 ff 13)| CMB -2 | CMD 7 |Fort 0, Ref -1, Will +6 | Perception +4; Init +3

"What the devil?" Octavonius says in a quick breath as he reflexively retreats back ten feet. "What in the devils is that thing?"

Lacking the Knowledge Nature he assumes this requires, Octavonius simply spends his surprise action moving back ten feet.

Grand Lodge

Hallidan and Octavonius react much faster than the others here, recognizing this is an animated plant of some kind! While they prepare for the worst here, the others realize that this plant is not all that is moving...as the sounds of rustling grass and mossy leaves surround the group...

Round 1 Status:

Amala 21/21 hp
Aurelius 17/17 hp
Fellzir 17/17 hp
Hallidan 16/16 hp
Octavonius 10/10 hp (Mage Armor)
-------------
Cimri ?/? hp
=========

Plant? ?/? hp

_____________________

Current Effects: NONE
_____________________

Current MAP.

EVERYONE is up!


Female CE follower of Calistria, the savored Sting | Tiefling | Outsider (Native) | Antipaladin 2 | Resistance Fire 5, Cold 5, Elec. 5 | HP 23/23 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | CMB +2 | CMD 16 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc. -2, Sense Motive -2, Dipl. +10, Bluff +9/+13 to lie, Intimidate +8 | Smite 1/1 | Selfish Healing 5/5 | Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions:

Amala moves sideways and shoots an arrow at the plant creature and she smites it.

longbow : 1d20 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 6 = 261d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

“Ehhh, that’s ugly?! What is it?!?“


Male Resistances Fire:5 Cold:5 Lightning 5 curr effect:Divine Favor Thiefling (Demon Spawn) Omdura of Malacoda 1 HP19/19 AC17/15/12 Fort 5 Dex 0 Will 2 Init 0 Perc4 Sense motive 3 CMB/CMD4/14[/ooc] [ooc]Spell Slots L1[ooc]2/3

Turn 1
Move action get away from it to roughly 30 feet
Standard action: Cast divine favor on self

No idea Lady Amala, if it was something extraplanar, magic, undead or noble, I may have had one Aurelius speaks as he endows himself with divine favor.

Lets plink at it from a distance, I dont see any reason to trade blows with it. Aurelius moves 15 feet away being at roughly 30 feet distance from the large thing.


Male Human Cleric 2, 17 hp, +2 Init, Saves: 5/2/5

Fellzir takes a 5' step, loads the masterwork crossbow (thanks, Boss!) and fires at the flat-footed (flat-rooted?) opponent.

Crossbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2 piercing.

"Heh."


Middle-Aged Human Wizard (EA Infernal Binder) 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 13 (t 9 ff 13)| CMB -2 | CMD 7 |Fort 0, Ref -1, Will +6 | Perception +4; Init +3

From his position Octavonius also draws and fires his crossbow.

Light Crossbow: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Grand Lodge

Amala and Felllzir's bolts strike true, while Octavonius's shot is deflected by the plant's thorny leaves! While Aurelius prepares for the battle ahead Hallidan decides to try drawing the plant out so he can bring his weapons to bear more effectively.

The plant crawls to the end of the scum-layered pool, its movements rippling across the surface, but does little else...but all of you feel your feet and ankles being grasped by the various mosses, roots and grasses laying all over the ground surrounding the pool...

Everyone (except Ohd) must make a Reflex save (DC 13) or be Entangled.

Cimri yells out, "By the Hells, what is going on here? These can't be the spirits doing this right?" Cimri Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 success.

Round 2 Status:

Amala 21/21 hp
Aurelius 17/17 hp (Divine Favor)
Fellzir 17/17 hp
Hallidan 16/16 hp
Octavonius 10/10 hp (Mage Armor)
-------------
Cimri ?/? hp
=========
Plant -5/? hp

_____________________

Current Effects: Entangle area surrounding the plant.
_____________________

Current MAP.

EVERYONE is up! Don't forget your Reflex saves here.


Male Resistances Fire:5 Cold:5 Lightning 5 curr effect:Divine Favor Thiefling (Demon Spawn) Omdura of Malacoda 1 HP19/19 AC17/15/12 Fort 5 Dex 0 Will 2 Init 0 Perc4 Sense motive 3 CMB/CMD4/14[/ooc] [ooc]Spell Slots L1[ooc]2/3

reflex: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1

Aurelius looks like well, heavily entangled in a more then mildly compromising position.

He starts swearing in Abyssal
Гребаные щупальца Пусть пламя ада инфернального сожжет ваше уродство со всех плоскостей.

Abyssal:
F@@~ing tentacles May the flame of the hell infernal burn your uglyness away from all planes.


Female CE follower of Calistria, the savored Sting | Tiefling | Outsider (Native) | Antipaladin 2 | Resistance Fire 5, Cold 5, Elec. 5 | HP 23/23 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | CMB +2 | CMD 16 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc. -2, Sense Motive -2, Dipl. +10, Bluff +9/+13 to lie, Intimidate +8 | Smite 1/1 | Selfish Healing 5/5 | Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions:

Amala moves away from the plant roots and shoots an arrow at the plant creature.

reflex : 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

longbow : 1d20 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 6 = 231d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

“No idea Cimri!?“


Male Human Cleric 2, 17 hp, +2 Init, Saves: 5/2/5

Reflex saves? Curses! My only weakness!

Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

"Gah! Get off!"

Fellzir can't move, so he hopes killing the vine will make a difference.
crossbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4


Male Resistances Fire:5 Cold:5 Lightning 5 curr effect:Divine Favor Thiefling (Demon Spawn) Omdura of Malacoda 1 HP19/19 AC17/15/12 Fort 5 Dex 0 Will 2 Init 0 Perc4 Sense motive 3 CMB/CMD4/14[/ooc] [ooc]Spell Slots L1[ooc]2/3

Acid splash: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 Vs touch
damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2 acid

Bristling with rage, Aurelius shoots some acid at the creature.

Grand Lodge

Amala steps lightly out of the range of the grasping plant roots and sends a bolt into the vine's side drawing more ichor. Fellzir has less success as the impeded movement knocks his aim off. Aurelius tries to get his spell off but the roots are interfering with his casting...

Aurelius: Please give me a Concentration check DC 15 to successfull cast your spell.

Round 2 Status:

Amala 21/21 hp
Aurelius 17/17 hp (Divine Favor)
Fellzir 17/17 hp
Hallidan 16/16 hp
Octavonius 10/10 hp (Mage Armor)
-------------
Cimri ?/? hp
=========
Plant -8/? hp

_____________________

Current Effects: Entangle area surrounding the plant.
_____________________

Current MAP.

Hallidan and Octavonius are still up!


Middle-Aged Human Wizard (EA Infernal Binder) 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 13 (t 9 ff 13)| CMB -2 | CMD 7 |Fort 0, Ref -1, Will +6 | Perception +4; Init +3

Relfex: 1d20 ⇒ 2

"Damnation!" Octavonius curses as his frail body is easily ensnared. He attempts to put another ten feet of distance between himself and the creature before reloading his crossbow.

"Bad times! Bad times!" Ohd squawks as he takes to the air just over his master's head.


Female CE follower of Calistria, the savored Sting | Tiefling | Outsider (Native) | Antipaladin 2 | Resistance Fire 5, Cold 5, Elec. 5 | HP 23/23 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | CMB +2 | CMD 16 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc. -2, Sense Motive -2, Dipl. +10, Bluff +9/+13 to lie, Intimidate +8 | Smite 1/1 | Selfish Healing 5/5 | Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions:

Botting Hallidan based on his request: REFLEX: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Hallidan waits to see if the creature come out so he flank but meanwhile he draws a dagger and throws!

Dagger: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 141d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Grand Lodge

Octavonius stumbles back, reloading his crossbow, while Hallidan's dagger zings along the gnarled root failing to penetrate.

Cimri decides to follow up with her own attack...

Dagger thrown: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

...but curses up a storm as her dagger flies wide!

The plant emerges from the pool and lashes out impotently...

Round 3 Status:

Amala 21/21 hp
Aurelius 17/17 hp (Divine Favor, Entangled)
Fellzir 17/17 hp (Entangled)
Hallidan 16/16 hp
Octavonius 10/10 hp (Mage Armor, Entangled)
-------------
Cimri ?/? hp
=========
Plant -8/? hp
_____________________

Current Effects: Entangle area surrounding the plant
_____________________

Current MAP.

Everyone is up! Everyone who is entangled can attempt to break free as a move action, making a Strength or Escape Artist check.


Male Human URogue 2 | AC: 17/14/13| HP: 4/18 | Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +3 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | Init +4 | Perception +5 (low-light, darkvision 10 ft) |
Attack:
shortsword +6, 1d6+1/19-20 (1d8+1 if opponent is unaware)

Thanks Amala!

Seeing his knife have no effect, Hal darts in closer.

Short sword vs plant: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Female CE follower of Calistria, the savored Sting | Tiefling | Outsider (Native) | Antipaladin 2 | Resistance Fire 5, Cold 5, Elec. 5 | HP 23/23 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | CMB +2 | CMD 16 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc. -2, Sense Motive -2, Dipl. +10, Bluff +9/+13 to lie, Intimidate +8 | Smite 1/1 | Selfish Healing 5/5 | Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions:

Amala shoots another arrow at the plant creature.

Amala does not have precise Shot so -4 to hit.

longbow : 1d20 - 4 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (19) - 4 + 4 + 6 = 251d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

“Why is this thing not really attacking!?“

sense motive in case allowed as this is kind of strange : 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (20) - 2 = 18


Male Human Cleric 2, 17 hp, +2 Init, Saves: 5/2/5

Fellzir mumbles something like, "Half of the time it works all of the time." and shoots again.

Crossbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

"Maybe less than half..."


Male Resistances Fire:5 Cold:5 Lightning 5 curr effect:Divine Favor Thiefling (Demon Spawn) Omdura of Malacoda 1 HP19/19 AC17/15/12 Fort 5 Dex 0 Will 2 Init 0 Perc4 Sense motive 3 CMB/CMD4/14[/ooc] [ooc]Spell Slots L1[ooc]2/3

Retroactive concentration checkconcentration: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Bleh He says as his situation reminds him too much of "Sigurdr Snek in the eyes" vile tome dated "The alphabetic, animated and fiendishly well illustrated date to guiding in the Abyss", disrupting his spell casting.

STR to break entangle: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
He focuses his considerable strength to break free of the vines.

Grand Lodge

Amala strikes the plant-vine deeply with an arrow, while Aurelius manages to break free of the entangling roots. Hallidan takes the fight to the plant, yet his blade fails to penetrate, as does Fellzir's shot.

Cimri draws another dagger here and sends it at the vine...

Dagger thrown: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

...barely missing a vital spot!

Round 3 Status:

Amala 21/21 hp
Aurelius 17/17 hp (Divine Favor)
Fellzir 17/17 hp (Entangled)
Hallidan 16/16 hp
Octavonius 10/10 hp (Mage Armor, Entangled)
-------------
Cimri ?/? hp
=========
Plant -15/? hp
_____________________

Current Effects: Entangle area surrounding the plant
_____________________

Current MAP.

Octavonius is up! Everyone who is entangled can attempt to break free as a move action, making a Strength or Escape Artist check.


Female CE follower of Calistria, the savored Sting | Tiefling | Outsider (Native) | Antipaladin 2 | Resistance Fire 5, Cold 5, Elec. 5 | HP 23/23 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | CMB +2 | CMD 16 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc. -2, Sense Motive -2, Dipl. +10, Bluff +9/+13 to lie, Intimidate +8 | Smite 1/1 | Selfish Healing 5/5 | Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions:

Hi GM, i assume sense motive on the creature was not successful. ;-) I am just wondering if it’s really fighting us? Did it attack so far except of the entangle effect?


Male Resistances Fire:5 Cold:5 Lightning 5 curr effect:Divine Favor Thiefling (Demon Spawn) Omdura of Malacoda 1 HP19/19 AC17/15/12 Fort 5 Dex 0 Will 2 Init 0 Perc4 Sense motive 3 CMB/CMD4/14[/ooc] [ooc]Spell Slots L1[ooc]2/3

ARGHHH! I shall imagine its a Succubus! Yes, that will work!
Move action
str: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
I am free! Eat Acid you vile plant!
acid splash: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3Acid
I have fooled myself too effectively, Succubi are as good as immune to acid splashes!

Aurelius is currently a bit of a ranting loon

Grand Lodge

Amala Zorex wrote:
Hi GM, i assume sense motive on the creature was not successful. ;-) I am just wondering if it’s really fighting us? Did it attack so far except of the entangle effect?

Amala: Yes it is definitely attacking you! As for the entangle effect a Knowledge Nature would be appropriate here.


Middle-Aged Human Wizard (EA Infernal Binder) 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 13 (t 9 ff 13)| CMB -2 | CMD 7 |Fort 0, Ref -1, Will +6 | Perception +4; Init +3

Knowing he has little to no hope of breaking out of the vines on his own, Octavonius simply hopes to outlast the creature and the effect it has on him. He moves another 15 feet back and takes another shot with the crossbow.

Light Crossbow: 1d20 ⇒ 9

And curses under his breath at his inability to faze it.

"Fire hands! Fire hands!" Ohd calls from above him.

"Be silent!" Octavonius snaps back at his familiar. "I haven't the time to prepare it now!"

Grand Lodge

Octavonius struggles to get a shot off, and to no avail here. Meanwhile the plant strikes out at the closest target...which happens to be Hallidan...

Slam: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Grapple: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

...very nearly laying the tiefling low! And to make matters worse the rogue finds himself being grabbed and squeezed! The others feel the grasping vines at their feet suddenly grow inert. Sadly the spell flung by Aurelius impacts the ground next to Hallidan.

Round 4 Status:

Amala 21/21 hp
Aurelius 17/17 hp (Divine Favor)
Fellzir 17/17 hp
Hallidan 2/16 hp (Grappled)
Octavonius 10/10 hp (Mage Armor)
-------------
Cimri ?/? hp
=========
Plant -15/? hp
_____________________

Current Effects: None.
_____________________

Current MAP.

Everyone is up except Aurelius.


Female CE follower of Calistria, the savored Sting | Tiefling | Outsider (Native) | Antipaladin 2 | Resistance Fire 5, Cold 5, Elec. 5 | HP 23/23 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | CMB +2 | CMD 16 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc. -2, Sense Motive -2, Dipl. +10, Bluff +9/+13 to lie, Intimidate +8 | Smite 1/1 | Selfish Healing 5/5 | Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions:

"Hallidan is almost down!" she shouts.

Amala shoots an arrow at the plant creature.

longbow, no precise shot -4, smite +4 : 1d20 + 4 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 7 - 4 = 141d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Male Human URogue 2 | AC: 17/14/13| HP: 4/18 | Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +3 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | Init +4 | Perception +5 (low-light, darkvision 10 ft) |
Attack:
shortsword +6, 1d6+1/19-20 (1d8+1 if opponent is unaware)

Barely holding on to consciousness, Hallidan twists and pulls his arms and shoulders to break the thing’s hold of him.

Escape Artist: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

If that’s good enough, I’ll take a 5’ step away. But probably not.


Middle-Aged Human Wizard (EA Infernal Binder) 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 13 (t 9 ff 13)| CMB -2 | CMD 7 |Fort 0, Ref -1, Will +6 | Perception +4; Init +3

Octavonius falls back another ten feet from the creature, momentarily relieved to be free of the vines. Releasing one hand from his crossbow, he mutters more arcane words and follows Aurelius' lead with an Acid Splash of his own.

Ranged vs Touch: 1d20 ⇒ 2

And watches it miss the creature entirely.

"Bad spell! Bad spell!" Ohd says to either him or the spell. The old wizard dosent have the energy or desire to find out.

401 to 450 of 557 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Eric's Hell's Vengeance Gameplay thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.