DM Eric's Hells' Vengeance Campaign

Game Master Vanulf Wulfson

Week 2; Day 15

Rebellion Points: 30

LOOT LIST


1,051 to 1,095 of 1,095 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

Male Resistances Fire:5 Cold:5 Lightning 5 curr effect:Divine Favor Thiefling (Demon Spawn) Omdura of Malacoda 3 HP25/25AC17/15/12 Fort 5 Dex 1 Will 2 Init 0 Perc4 Sense motive 3 CMB/CMD4/14[/ooc] [ooc]Spell Slots L1[ooc]2/3

Perhaps we should join you in... continuing the investigation, these dos not seem their main base!


Male Tiefling Bloodrager 2 (Primalist, Steelblood)

"Indeed. I wasn't expecting a manticore, but I *was* expecting more rebels. They must be somewhere else."


Male LE Human Vigilante | HP: 27/27 | AC: 19 (13 Tch,16 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:

"Very well. Let's find those rebels. Follow me."

With all his gear in place, The Shrike starts to move. With light steps he keeps into the shadows, and proceeds deeper into the ruins of the fort.

the +2 on the rolls assumes it's dim light/darkness
Stealth: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 2 = 16
Perception: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 2 = 25

Is it normally the player or the GM rolling for perception in this game?


Hell's Vengeance Battlemaps; Jade Regent Battlemaps

If you're the one doing the searching, go ahead and roll it. If it requires a passive check, then I'll roll it.

Searching through the manticore's den, The Shrike finds a leather satchel amongst the scattered bones. He also finds a stained, foul smelling, but otherwise serviceable, courtier's outfit. Nearby he finds a signet ring with a seal of a pair of struggling falcons. Also buried beneath the bones is an intact bottle of rum and a leather pouch containing 59 gp's.

Opening the satchel he finds a feather from exotic bird, a bone scroll case, and a wand.

Furthermore, looking around the darkened lair, he finds the haft of a cold iron morningstar sticking out from the rubble, where it can either be pulled free with a little effort or it can be excavated from the stones around it.


Male LE Human Vigilante | HP: 27/27 | AC: 19 (13 Tch,16 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:

"No rebels here..." he says, turning towards the others.
"If one of you can do some magic, these might be worth a closer look" he continues, passing the satchel. The rest of the items he gathers into one pile, taking a closer look at the signet ring.

is the pair of struggling falcons a familiar symbol?

Finally, he finds the haft of the morningstar. Since it would be a shame to leave anything behind, he calls to Guillaume and Aurelius. "You look like a strong type. See if you could pull the weapon out."

BTW, was anyone an assigned keeper of the loot sheet?


Male Human Cleric 3, 25 hp, +2 Init, Saves: 5/2/5

Fellzir flinches at the thought of attempting Spellcraft on the wand, but gives it a shot.

SC: 1d20 ⇒ 19

"Ha! That was easier than I thought!" He wears a smug grin as he identifies the wand and number of charges.


Male Tiefling Bloodrager 2 (Primalist, Steelblood)

Guillaume walks over, grabs the haft, and pulls.
Strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 I'm guessing that won't do it.

Annoyed now, he takes the haft in both hands and pulls for all he's worth!
Strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 That *better* do it.


Male Resistances Fire:5 Cold:5 Lightning 5 curr effect:Divine Favor Thiefling (Demon Spawn) Omdura of Malacoda 3 HP25/25AC17/15/12 Fort 5 Dex 1 Will 2 Init 0 Perc4 Sense motive 3 CMB/CMD4/14[/ooc] [ooc]Spell Slots L1[ooc]2/3

Well done Guillaume! This Cold Iron will no doubt serve us well when we encounter the malign forces who are using the insipid Iomedeans as pawns! Aurelius annoucnes

They are likely naught but expies for the vile demones known as Lady in Shadows!

Kn planes Lady in Shadows DC 10:

He is referring to the Demonlord Nocticula

kn history DC10:

Nocticula indeed intervened on the side of the crusade in the worldwound war, but its a bit of a stretch to assume she is funding the glorious reclamation.

sense motive on Aurelius DC10:

The man is strong and charismatic, likely demon rather then devilspawn, and likely from one of the more social and attractive demontypes.
A part Succubus, living in Cheliax? Likely has a massive chip on his shoulder. Seeing Succubi everywhere, but likely being fairly sane otherwise.


Hell's Vengeance Battlemaps; Jade Regent Battlemaps

Guillaume grabs the haft of the morningstar and attempts pull it free. The weapon refuses to budge as stones and dust fall from the ceiling of the lair as he struggles. Bracing himself for a second try, he pulls with all his might and manages to free the weapon while more debris rains down from overhead.


Male Human Cleric 3, 25 hp, +2 Init, Saves: 5/2/5

"Nice work. Let's get our positions ready for Jask. Someone has to pull the switch to close the gate after he comes in. Then we all jump him?"


Male LE Human Vigilante | HP: 27/27 | AC: 19 (13 Tch,16 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:

"And who is this 'Jask'? One of the rebels?"

The Shrike finishes his search of the premises, and joins the others.


Male Human Cleric 3, 25 hp, +2 Init, Saves: 5/2/5

Fellzir shows The Shrike the note.


Male LE Human Vigilante | HP: 27/27 | AC: 19 (13 Tch,16 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:

"Right..." The Shrike reads the note. Then tries to scratch his chin, but the mask is on the way...

"Is this all the information? Do we know at all when he would be arriving?"


Hell's Vengeance Battlemaps; Jade Regent Battlemaps

Other than the word "soon" you have no idea. It could be today, tomorrow, three days from now or longer.

Good work, old friend. Sending Jask to spell you soon. Can’t wait until you see what she’s done with the Court.

The Court (Knowledge (history) or (local) DC:20):

The "Court" may refer to the Court of Spears, a former bandit hideout hidden somewhere deep in The Whisperwood.

The Court of Spears (Knowledge (geography) or (local) DC:20):

The Court of Spears is located in the boughs and branches of a stand of titan aspens deep within the Whisperwood, and you know the location.


Male Tiefling Bloodrager 2 (Primalist, Steelblood)

Knowledge(History): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Knowledge(Geography): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

"Court? That seems like it's referring to somewhere specific. Anyone have any idea where?"


Male LE Human Vigilante | HP: 27/27 | AC: 19 (13 Tch,16 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:

Kn. (local): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Kn. (local): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

"Haven't heard of any Courts around here..." The Shrike shrugs. Then he looks around at the comforts of the manticore nest.

"If we don't know when 'Jask' is coming, it is going to be a long stakeout here. Not the most comfortable place, but doable if we have camping gear."


Male Human Cleric 3, 25 hp, +2 Init, Saves: 5/2/5

Knowledge Local (untrained): 1d20 ⇒ 5
Knowledge Local (untrained): 1d20 ⇒ 6

Fellzir knows nothing and only shrugs.

"We could camp upstairs where the assassin was. Much better than this hole."


Male Resistances Fire:5 Cold:5 Lightning 5 curr effect:Divine Favor Thiefling (Demon Spawn) Omdura of Malacoda 3 HP25/25AC17/15/12 Fort 5 Dex 1 Will 2 Init 0 Perc4 Sense motive 3 CMB/CMD4/14[/ooc] [ooc]Spell Slots L1[ooc]2/3

kn local court: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

kn local courtof spears: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Close but no cigar

A good idea, let us also hide the manticores body in its nest, and prestigitate away the bloodstones, so our quarry does not notice anything amiss!


Male Human Cleric 3, 25 hp, +2 Init, Saves: 5/2/5

"Also a good idea. You have prestidigitation?"


Hell's Vengeance Battlemaps; Jade Regent Battlemaps

As you spend the rest of the morning cleaning blood off the rocks in the courtyard Amala grows more and more testy until she accidently drops a
rock on her foot at which she explodes "That's It!" she snaps "I've had it with this. You lot can stay here and pretty up this place while you wait for this Jask so and so, who may or may not be here within the next day or two, or maybe next week, but for me I'm heading back to Longacre." She glares at the five of you, daring anyone to stop her "When I get there I'll check with Fex and see if he, or anyone he knows, knows anything about this Court of Spears. Then we can take the fight to them rather than hold up here like a bunch of Susie Homemakers. Who's with me?"


Male Human Cleric 3, 25 hp, +2 Init, Saves: 5/2/5

Fellzir looks around to see if anyone wants to go with her and then says, diplomatically, "That's a good idea. We'll wait here, either for Jask or for you to send word that Fex wants us elsewhere."


Male LE Human Vigilante | HP: 27/27 | AC: 19 (13 Tch,16 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:

"Makes sense to ask around. For all we know, the note might've been an old one and 'Jask' was already here..." the masked vigilante muses.

"So, I'll join the trip to Longacre. Sounds more fun than loitering here."


Hell's Vengeance Battlemaps; Jade Regent Battlemaps

While Amala heads off to Longacre to report the group's progress so far and to see if he has any information as the whereabouts of this "Court of Spears", you four remain behind wiping away any traces of the fight that occurred in the courtyard. Satisfied with your efforts you begin the tedious job of waiting for this Jask to arrive so you can ambush him and get the information you need.

Afternoon becomes evening, and evening becomes night with still no sign of anyone travelling to the fort.
How are you setting up watches? Are you doing two watches of two, or are each of you taking one watch apiece? It's not going to matter for now, but it may come into play later.

The night passes uneventfully and in the morning those of you still asleep hear a voice in your head "Wakey, wakey, drop the snakey." while those of you on watch hear "Vigilant as ever, I see." as Razelago, the Archbaron's personal devil appears in the watchtower with you.

Mistress Zora came to the Archbaron yesterday to report on the groups progress so far and find out some information on this mysterious Court of Spears none of you seem to know anything about. Since Amala has shown such initiative The Archbaron has another use for her and she will not be rejoining you, so he sent me in her stead." his tone of voice in that final sentence shows his obvious distaste in being used as an "errand boy".

"Fex spent most of the day yesterday waiting for this information and sent me this morning to give you this." He pulls a scroll from out of a pouch and hands it to you. Unfurling the scroll you find it is a map of the Whisperwoods with the location of Fort Estazano marked on it's border and a strange red X, marked as two crossed spears, deep in those woods. "Now that my work here is done, I must return to the Scarlet Crown" so saying he promptly disappears in a clap of thunder as air rushes in to fill the area where he once stood.


Male Human Cleric 3, 25 hp, +2 Init, Saves: 5/2/5

"Wait, what about the..." but he was already gone.

"Are we still waiting for Jask? I assume so. I'll take day shift since I can't see in the dark."


Male Tiefling Bloodrager 2 (Primalist, Steelblood)

"If Jask was going to this 'Court', we're in the wrong place."


Male LE Human Vigilante | HP: 27/27 | AC: 19 (13 Tch,16 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:

"Charming as always..." The Shrike mutters, squeezes his fist tight and hopes he had a fly swat. But then he joins the others examining the scroll.

"So, X marks the spot? Might as well go and find it out instead of waiting here."


Male Resistances Fire:5 Cold:5 Lightning 5 curr effect:Divine Favor Thiefling (Demon Spawn) Omdura of Malacoda 3 HP25/25AC17/15/12 Fort 5 Dex 1 Will 2 Init 0 Perc4 Sense motive 3 CMB/CMD4/14[/ooc] [ooc]Spell Slots L1[ooc]2/3

True, we should head onwards. Are we all rested up?

Aurelius methodically checks his equipment

I didnt expect the rebels to have a manticore, what will they surprise us next with?


Male Human Cleric 3, 25 hp, +2 Init, Saves: 5/2/5

Or a woman to core...


Male LE Human Vigilante | HP: 27/27 | AC: 19 (13 Tch,16 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:

The Shrike winces audibly. The pun was bad. So bad...

Shaking his head the masked killer starts the journey towards the marked spot, motioning the others to follow.


Male Resistances Fire:5 Cold:5 Lightning 5 curr effect:Divine Favor Thiefling (Demon Spawn) Omdura of Malacoda 3 HP25/25AC17/15/12 Fort 5 Dex 1 Will 2 Init 0 Perc4 Sense motive 3 CMB/CMD4/14[/ooc] [ooc]Spell Slots L1[ooc]2/3

I long had suspicions about the vile Demonlord Nocticula secretly bankrolling and directing this... reclamation. It is widely known that Mendev cooperated and allied with her in the fight against the worldwound, and now that vicious mistress of chaos causes a war between law and law!

I would be careful about getting intimate with anyone in the glorious revolution! They may all be Succubi in disguise!

diplomacy to convince party members of my conspiracy theory: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Male Human Cleric 3, 25 hp, +2 Init, Saves: 5/2/5

Bluff to convince Aurelius that I believe in Succubi.
Bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
"Indeed. The threat is real and most ominous."


Male Human Cleric 3, 25 hp, +2 Init, Saves: 5/2/5

"Shrike, wait. Are we not expecting Jask to show up here to relieve the halfling?"


Male LE Human Vigilante | HP: 27/27 | AC: 19 (13 Tch,16 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:

"Some day maybe..." The Shrike shrugs.

"We can investigate the "X" while waiting..."

@GM: Judging from the map, is the X far away from the fort?


Hell's Vengeance Battlemaps; Jade Regent Battlemaps

You feel it might be about an hours walk through the woods.


Male Resistances Fire:5 Cold:5 Lightning 5 curr effect:Divine Favor Thiefling (Demon Spawn) Omdura of Malacoda 3 HP25/25AC17/15/12 Fort 5 Dex 1 Will 2 Init 0 Perc4 Sense motive 3 CMB/CMD4/14[/ooc] [ooc]Spell Slots L1[ooc]2/3

Indeed, we are healed up arent we?

Mostly was looking for an opportunity to refill resources


Male Human Cleric 3, 25 hp, +2 Init, Saves: 5/2/5

I can channel again if needed.


Male LE Human Vigilante | HP: 27/27 | AC: 19 (13 Tch,16 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:

"Right... We've hidden the manticore's corpse, and cleaned off the blood. What about the halfling?" The Shrike prods the small corpse with his feet. "While I'd love to leave it hanging to Longacre's marketplace as a warning to all rebel scum, that is a bit too far away to drag the body. Shall we just shove it to the manticore's nest as well?"


Male Tiefling Bloodrager 2 (Primalist, Steelblood)

"Sounds good. If we're lucky someone might think they killed each other."


Male Resistances Fire:5 Cold:5 Lightning 5 curr effect:Divine Favor Thiefling (Demon Spawn) Omdura of Malacoda 3 HP25/25AC17/15/12 Fort 5 Dex 1 Will 2 Init 0 Perc4 Sense motive 3 CMB/CMD4/14[/ooc] [ooc]Spell Slots L1[ooc]2/3

Good idea! Aurelius takes the Halfling corpse, and manhandles the some manticore spikes into it, before putting it throat first into the Manticores jaws

I mean, famed Alyushinyrran crime-detective Shylocke Holmes would instantly see through this, but the glorious reclamation will not!

KN planes on Shylocke Holmes Alyushinyrran crime detective:

A famously intelligent and analytical Succubus working for Nocticula in the midnight isles. She uncovers and rates murder cases, in Nocticulas name, rating the murders in terms of cleverness, idea and execution, and often dispensing rewards to particularly intelligent murderers.


Hell's Vengeance Battlemaps; Jade Regent Battlemaps

"Um, yeah..." Cimri looks somewhat doubtful at Aurelius' handiwork "Except for the sword cuts and the slit throat, that'll work"


Hell's Vengeance Battlemaps; Jade Regent Battlemaps

Satisfied that you've done your best to hide any signs of violence you leave Fort Estanzo and begin making your trek through the Whisperwoods to the place marked by an X on the map Razelago gave you.

As you approach your destination you see signs of a definite path forming through the woods. Following the path you soon arrive at a clearing within the forest, a stand of gigantic aspen trees rises from the shadowy, scrub-covered forest floor. Overhead, amid the powerful branches, an array of hanging platforms, swaying bridges, and wooden structures create a camouflaged forest fortress.

Entering the clearing proper you see a rope ladder leading up to a platform 20 feet above. Along side this ladder is an ingenious lift which allows transport between the forest floor and the platforms above. The lift itself is currently raised up into the forest fortress.

As you stare up into the trees above your attention is suddenly brought back to the ground beneath you by a low, growling noise as a pair of wolves pad out from their den hidden among the tree roots. Hackles raised, the pair protest your entrance into their domain. Unfamiliar with your scent the pair attack.

Initiatives:
Aurelius: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Cimri: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Fellzir: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Guilluame: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
The Shrike: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Wolves: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
TBD: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

First up are the wolves, followed by everyone else. Go ahead and post when you are able and I'll rearrange your actions in order afterwards.


Hell's Vengeance Battlemaps; Jade Regent Battlemaps

Round #1
The alpha wolf rushes to attack Guillaume, while it's smaller, female mate, attacks Shrike.
Attack roll (red) (bite v flat footed): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Trip attempt: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Attack roll (green) (bite v flat footed): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

The lead wolf's teeth sink into Guillaume's calf, drawing blood. Using it's vice like grip it attempts to draw the Bloodrager to the ground but the big tiefling stands firm. The female's bite does not seem to be able to penetrate Shrikes armor, leaving him unscathed.


Male Resistances Fire:5 Cold:5 Lightning 5 curr effect:Divine Favor Thiefling (Demon Spawn) Omdura of Malacoda 3 HP25/25AC17/15/12 Fort 5 Dex 1 Will 2 Init 0 Perc4 Sense motive 3 CMB/CMD4/14[/ooc] [ooc]Spell Slots L1[ooc]2/3

Earlier
Lady Cimri, just give rot and decay a bit of time! The more opportunities you give your foes to mess up, the more likely they, in fact, will! Aurelius neverless tampers with the slashed throw wounds using the manticores maw.

In combat

Avast! Mobile furballs attack us!

charge: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 1 = 27
crit: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 1 = 27

damage: 1d10 + 4 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 2 + 3 = 19
damage: 1d10 + 4 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 + 3 = 12

Wielding his bastard sword 2 handed, Aurelius unleashes a devastating blow on the wolf fighting shrike, assuming that Guillaume got his foe uner control.


Male Tiefling Bloodrager 2 (Primalist, Steelblood)

Shaking the wolf loose, Guillaume feels the hellish fires of rage come upon him. He has just enough tactical awareness to step back before bringing his bardiche down on the wolf that bit him.

Swift action for Elemental Strike, free action to rage, 5-foot step back, and attack

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Damage, Slashing: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13+Damage, Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 3


Male Human Cleric 3, 25 hp, +2 Init, Saves: 5/2/5

Fellzir attacks whichever one is still standing when his turn finally arrives. (Probably G's.) (Please add two for flanking if he can line it up without provoking.)

short sword: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 121d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

1,051 to 1,095 of 1,095 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Eric's Hell's Vengeance Gameplay thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.