[AP] Iron Gods by GM Rutseg

Game Master Balacertar

Chapter 3 - THE CHOKING TOWER

Current map
Treasure sheet

Iron Gods Player's Guide
Torch's Gazetteer - Torch's map - Numeria's map

Goals:
* Learn more about Unity
* Locate Casandalee's neurocam and AI core devices
✔️ Reunite with Baine and Meyanda
* Find allies to depose the rule of the Technic League
* Fight the Dominion of the Black


4,201 to 4,250 of 4,716 << first < prev | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Elf Huntress 10
Furkas wrote:
"Have you found data about Silver Mount? These people you bring have the key to access it? It has taken you so long to make it back."

"Where to start, Furkas? Your eyes deceive you. You look at me, and you see an android you have repeatedly identified as 'Casandalee'. If you're the Furkas who has lost his ember staff... the Furkas we slew in Torch...then you are dead. Dead but not beyond the Veil. We've fought you as your ghost already." Chaance shoots a glance at both robots, before continuing.

"You retrieved my body. Remember? What happened after that? How did you lose it? With Casandalee gone, the universe saw fit to replace her soul with mine own." The android studies the faux Furkas.

"Did you destroy her, Furkas? Her essence? Or did you remove it and deposit it elsewhere? I have no answers for you, only questions. Will you ask us for mercy, even now?"


Human (Kellid) He/Him

Yambul continues to struggle to take it all in. He steps a little further into the room to make way for more behind him in theory - but really to get closer to the mechanical creature who will soon be his to face.

Still, he waits to hear what this Xoud has to say to Chaance.

He looks into his heart, and finds no mercy for Xoud. Let the gods show him mercy in the next life.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Iron Gods: Iron maps;

Rhoreen identifies this is not an undead, but a dead body, if that has any sense.

Zzvkgrogk does not know what is this, but he thinks there might be aberrations able to lodge inside a dead body, as there are demons, and possessing magic to do such things.

The robot steps forward to meet Yambul, and slowly but firmly pushes him back, a hand on the Kellid's chest "Maintain your distance barbarian" the robot seems intelligent enough to talk Taldan.

Rūha wrote:
"What good would a key do you, when your Technic League associates all but own the place? They've denied you access before, and key or not, they would deny you access again. And why would Casandalee be needed to retrieve it?"

"That is... a huge disappointment of a response" Furkas offers a sarcastic smile before turning to Chaance to listen her full speech without interrupting her.

"That inquisitional demeanor... that sharp tongue and burning eyes... is that you Chaance?" Furkas seems amused at this point "Yes, it is you. Interesting! Casandalee's ability to remember her past lives must have interacted with the memories of my previous host" he says apparently to himself.

Chaance:

An echo sounds in your brain though you are conscious you are not hearing this with your ears I guess I have to thank you then for providing me with Furkas' body in a timely moment. He has been very useful to navigate the tower.

I do not wish a fight, Chaance. I know where Furkas hides your lost memories. They will answer your questions. I can help you get them back. The only thing I ask you back is key information about this Technic League and how to access Silver Mount. I do not trust in your friends though, they seem aggressive and are only using you to reach Casandalee for their own goals. I only want to truly talk with you.

Rhoreen, Rūha, Yambul, Zzvkgrogk:

An echo sounds in your brain though you are conscious you are not hearing this with your ears I guess I have to thank you then for providing me with Furkas' body in a timely moment. He has been very useful to navigate the tower. As you have smartly guessed I only wear the wizard as a skin. Though I can use him as skillfully as if I was born into it. Yet, I do not wish a fight

I have missed the non-decaying nature of the android's body, and with it I would not have the need to fetch more human bodies. Knock her out. Give me back her body. And I can give you in exchange information, knowledge and power that can save your world.


Elf Huntress 10

Chaance lowers her bow. She looks only at Furkas, her eyes seeking.

Voice:

"I'm listening. But surely you must have dealt with the ghost of Furkas, and his supernatural wrath. We've felt it. It's... unpleasant. If you haven't, I'm uneasy that he allows you to use his corpse like this. He was furious about our removal of his schematics. What you do with his body is ten times the offense. If you truly want to continue this conversation, please lead me to the lost memories."

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3


Female Kasatha Monk 10 | AC 33 T 25 FF 27 | CMD 33 | HP 66/66 | F +10 R +12 W +15 (+2 vs ench); Immune disease | Init +3 | Perc +18 | Advice 16/16 SF 11/11 Ki 11/11 | Active Status: --

Ruha thinks back at not-Xoud.

Voice:
"Disgusting. Truly disgusting. You may feel you're in a position to bargain, but let me remind you we destroyed that body once now already. You won't be taking Chaance. Or anyone else for that matter."


F Half-elf Craftsperson

Rhoreen says and thinks nothing, like she is a Kellid line cook.


Human (Kellid) He/Him

Yambul looks at the others, "Why doesn't anyone say anything?"

Knowing he's not the brightest candle in the well, he waits for someone else to initiate hostilities - but he's eyeing that robot critter trying to push him around...


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Ratfolk (Ysoki) Pedigree, Laser Specialist Lvl 6 / Lvl 1

What?! He's in my head now?!

Zzvkgrogk does not take kindly to this intrusion in his brain and steps forward leveling the arc pistol at a four armed robot and a laser pistol at the dead thing.

"So, you would bargain with us for Castanda-Chaance's body to have as your own?" he shakes his head. "Not a chance. Er, not a Chaance either. You will have to deal with us as is. Why don't you inhabit one of these four armed robutt thugs instead? Surely you would have no qualms about that."


Iron Gods: Iron maps;

Furkas sighs when Zzvkgrogk speaks up "If it was only that easy, but they do not... comply with the requirements."

Chaance:

The old geezer is just too fond of his own body to risk harming it. It is disappointing how humanoids get identified so hard with their carcass. That is what intrigued me the most about Casandalee. And also the reason I preferred you to your brother Revion.

Your new friends are more... diverse. But are also getting aggressive. Dismiss them so we can talk more privately.

Rhoreen, Rūha, Yambul, Zzvkgrogk:

That body is not hers either. Has she explained you how she was reborn and escaped the tower's dungeon? Of course she does not. By the same reason she has not explained you her true reasons to bring you here to me. But she is nothing else than a reflection from a previous host. Be smart. I can tell you about secrets unknown in this world. And I will let you take all of Furkas' remaining treasure.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Kasatha Monk 10 | AC 33 T 25 FF 27 | CMD 33 | HP 66/66 | F +10 R +12 W +15 (+2 vs ench); Immune disease | Init +3 | Perc +18 | Advice 16/16 SF 11/11 Ki 11/11 | Active Status: --

Voice:
"You haven't had the answers to any of my questions yet, so I don't see you particularly forthcoming with any so called unknown secrets. That and you presume a lot of both our motives and Chaance's."

Ruha glances over at Chaance "You about done with this monster?"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Ratfolk (Ysoki) Pedigree, Laser Specialist Lvl 6 / Lvl 1
DeadnotUndead wrote:
"...they do not... comply with the requirements."

"Not enough organics? So, is it you that sucked out all those peoples brains? Why spare Furkas, and what was so timely about his death for you?"

Zzvkgrogk'sQuietVoice:
Chaance just doesn't remember, and why would any of us trust you? If you're thinking about taking her body -- I gotta warn you it's infested with some might unfriendly nanites. I wouldn't try it, if I were you. Ugh! Don't look now, but I think your left eyeball is starting to slide out of its socket!!! ...I can cauterize that for you...
Zzvkgrogk waves his laser pistol in the general direction of the dead thing's head.


Elf Huntress 10

Chaance breaks away from her intense gaze on Furkas to address her companions. "Its lies are tinged with truth, and I am failing to separate them. It hasn't given its name, either. It speaks with a perspective I lack. It definitely knows things. I am concerned that we appear to be having two different conversations, that we are being kept from the other's."

The android looks to the kasatha. "Yes, I think I'm done here, as much as it frustrates me to lose a lead in an investigation."

Voice:

"Unless you have anything further to offer? Like your name? How you know so much about me, and I know nothing about you."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Half-elf Craftsperson
Chaance wrote:
"Yes, I think I'm done here, as much as it frustrates me to lose a lead in an investigation."

With that permission granted, Rhoreen opens up with a fireball. She will target the not-undead and green ro-butt.

8d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 4, 6, 6, 4, 3, 2) = 34 Fire vs. DC 20 Reflex for half


Iron Gods: Iron maps;

Chaance:

It is simple, I took your body, that is why I know everything of you, to your lowest secret Chaance. We killed together the android before I took her. It is interesting how Casandalee's body decided to recall you from all my previous victims. We can explore this together Chaance. Do not fight it, you are just a part of me now.
---

Rhoreen, Rūha, Yambul, Zzvkgrogk:

Seems you are forgetting your part of the deal before receiving your answers.
---

Sense Motive:

Rhoreen's bluff sets the DC for the surprise round: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Chaance (+2 vs clockwork, -2 surprises): 1d20 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 1 - 2 = 12
Rūha: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34
Yambul: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Zzvkgrogk: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Furkas: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Robots: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Everyone except Furkas notices Rhoreen movement with the staff and invocation.
Everyone but Furkas gets a surprise round

Initiative:

Chaance: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Rhoreen: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Rūha: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Yambul: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Zzvkgrogk (+2 more Mutagen): 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 2 = 15
Furkas: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Robots: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

"Protect the Master" exclaim the robots as they seize into their electromagnetic field, the red one stepping back to avoid Yambul's reach.

A net of web strands appear at the entrance enveloping all of you and making your movements difficult.
Ref DC 7 to avoid getting grappled (yes, it is not 17 but 7). Remember a 1 still fails.
Difficult terrain.
CMB or Escape artist DC 7 to move through without becoming grappled (or to free yourselves).
5 feet of web gives cover, 20 feet total cover.

At the same time a bank of fog appears overlapping the webbed area, its vapors obnoxiously nauseating.
Fort DC 8 or become nauseated (poison effect).
The fog provides concealment, 5 feet onwards provides total concealment.

K. arcana DC 23 or Spellcraft DC 20:

It seems Furkas has programmed these robots as his apprentices, and they use electromagnetic fields to alter the magic field creating magical effects. The first one clearly cast web, while the second did stinking cloud.
---

Whether this impairs her or not, Rhoreen's grit is rewarded by her fireball being already on the go and flies bursting in between her enemies.
Furkas Ref: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Green Robot Ref: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16
Furkas' dead skin seems to have difficulty burning, but the fireball fully engulfs the robot, which is only protected by its metal hardness.

Furkas: 17 damage, slightly wounded
Green robot: 24 damage, slightly damaged
Chaance:
Rhoreen: light 42 min, mage armor 16 h, heroism 23 min, filter mask
Yambul: 1 damage, chainsaw 24 min, heroism 43 min, 1 Con drain, low radiation
Zzvkgrogk: see invisibility 67 min, heightened awareness 33 min, mutagen 33 min, barkskin 58 min, 1 Con drain, low radiation
Rūha: barkskin 44 min, mage armor 16 h
Surprise round: Robots, Chaance, Zzvkgrogk, Rhoreen, Yambul, Rūha
Round 1: Robots, Chaance, Zzvkgrogk, Rhoreen, Yambul, Rūha, Furkas


Human (Kellid) He/Him

Status:
HP: 83/84 AC: 21 (t14, f18) Hero Points: 3
Weapon Equipped = Chainsaw (26m)
Conditions = -1 con drain, low radiation, Heroism (45m)
Chainsaw: Att: 8/3 BAB +6 Str +1 magic (-3 PA) Dam: +9 Str +1 magic (+9 PA) Crit: 15-20x2 DR: adamantine, magic Charges: 7/10
Falchion: Att: 8/3 BAB +6 Str +1 MW (-3 PA) Dam: +9 Str (+9 PA) Crit: 18-20x2 DR: adamantine
Chef’s knife: Att: 8/3 BAB +1 MW +6 Str / +2 Dex (-3 PA) Dam: +6 Str (+6 PA) Crit: 19-20x2 DR: none Rng: 10’
Studied: (upstairs Xoud, red robot) (mv|sw|im; +2 att, dam, bluff, disguise, intimidate, knowledge, perception, sense motive, stealth, survival)
Improved Iron Will (1/1d, reroll will save)
Spell (0/1d, st, Shield, cl7)
Spell Like (1/1d, st, Prestidigitation, cl1)
- - -

Yambul doesn’t think it’s fair that he had so much time waiting, ready for action, and the robots were still quicker than he. He’ll have to be faster!

Reflex: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 2 = 31 (heroism) vs DC 7 to avoid grapple
Fort: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 2 = 27 (heroism) vs DC 8 to avoid nausea

Yambul moves out of the gunk, but not straight at his opponent. No. He goes around a bit. He can’t get quite all the way what with the gunk everywhere, but he does what he can. Once clear of the fog, he studies his opponent (swift) if he can.

Do you get swift action in a surprise round? If not, skip the study.


Male Ratfolk (Ysoki) Pedigree, Laser Specialist Lvl 6 / Lvl 1

RefDC7: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30
FortDC8: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
KnowArcDC23: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 16 + 2 = 24

Zzvkgrogk dodges the web and bounces to the western edge of the nasty stickiness.

"Nice work, Calliope!"

QuietVoice:
That's what you get for thinking too much inside our heads! There never was a deal as far as I was concerned. I wouldn't trust anything you have to say anyway.


F Half-elf Craftsperson

1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 2 = 20 Reflex
1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 2 = 23 Fort

1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 17 + 2 = 35 Know (Arcana)

Rhoreen plugs her nose as she swipes away webs.

Wow. Those bots have some reflex!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Elf Huntress 10

Surprise Round

Status:

AC = 18
HP = 52/52
Weapon Equipped = Elk Father's Bow (4 adamantine arrows left)
Condition(s) = None

Reflex Save v DC 7: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
CMB v DC 7: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Fortitude Save v DC 8: 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 4 = 12

Chaance emerges from the stickiness and queasiness on the same side as Yambul, the sounds of the human finding his way out enough of a compass needle to remove herself from the obscuration.

Knowledge(Arcana) v DC 23: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18

The android adjusts her grip on the thrumming bow, as she fails to fully understand the nature of the magical attack they've endured.

Voice:

"You named me 'victim'. I do not understand. Why do you seek my compliance now? Why would your victim decide to partner with their... murderer?"


Iron Gods: Iron maps;

The electromagnetic effect on the robots magic makes it hurtful, as the electrical field discharges and pushes you when the cloud and webs manifest.
Electricity damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7
Force damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 5) = 9
I missed a SQ in the robots, their area spells deal damage whether you save of fail.

The group escapes the webs, but not before being struck by an electrical field.

Rūha does something heroic!

Chaance:

Because you never will make up the puzzle by your own, and because... I know where is Casandalee's backup.

The robots step back, and with super quick movements, follow up with another casting. Electromagnetically charged glitterdust fall over you as both robots cast on different points.
Will DC 7 to avoid getting blind.
Electricity damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Force damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Furkas: 17 damage, slightly wounded
Green robot: 24 damage, slightly damaged
Chaance: 18 damage
Rhoreen: 18 damage, light 42 min, mage armor 16 h, heroism 23 min, filter mask
Yambul: 19 damage, chainsaw 24 min, heroism 43 min, 1 Con drain, low radiation
Zzvkgrogk: 18 damage, see invisibility 67 min, heightened awareness 33 min, mutagen 33 min, barkskin 58 min, 1 Con drain, low radiation
Rūha: 18 damage, barkskin 44 min, mage armor 16 h
Surprise round: Robots, Chaance, Zzvkgrogk, Rhoreen, Yambul, Rūha
Round 1: Robots, Chaance, Zzvkgrogk, Rhoreen, Yambul, Rūha, Furkas


Female Kasatha Monk 10 | AC 33 T 25 FF 27 | CMD 33 | HP 66/66 | F +10 R +12 W +15 (+2 vs ench); Immune disease | Init +3 | Perc +18 | Advice 16/16 SF 11/11 Ki 11/11 | Active Status: --

Lol those DCs!
Ref vs. web: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Fort vs. cloud: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Rūha endures the surprisingly feeble imitation spells, waving a hand in front of her face before offering the party advice on bringing the two robots down "The danger lies entirely in their energy venting. If we engage that being wearing Furkas' skin, they will find themselves less able to aim their energies." Advice. +2/+2 for everyone! It'll be rolling for the rest of the fight.
----

Non-surprise round:
Will vs. glitter: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
CMB to move through Web: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16

Ruha rushes out of the web with ease, calling upon her strange connection to augment her legs and move with extra speed. (1 ki as swift for extra movement speed) She practically flies past the spellcasting robots, arriving next to fake-Xoud. She reaches out and grabs a hold of the creature while he's still off guard from the fireball.

Grapple vs. Xoud: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26


F Half-elf Craftsperson

1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 2 = 25 Will
1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 2 = 23 Will

Round 1

1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6 CMB to move Gah.
1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 2 = 24 CMB to move

Rhoreen spends the turn fighting against the webbing to get out of the zone of funky stink.


Human (Kellid) He/Him

Status:
HP: 65/84 AC: 21 (t14, f18) Hero Points: 3
Weapon Equipped = Chainsaw (26m)
Conditions = -1 con drain, low radiation, Heroism (45m)
Chainsaw: Att: 8/3 BAB +6 Str +1 magic (-3 PA) Dam: +9 Str +1 magic (+9 PA) Crit: 15-20x2 DR: adamantine, magic Charges: 7/10
Falchion: Att: 8/3 BAB +6 Str +1 MW (-3 PA) Dam: +9 Str (+9 PA) Crit: 18-20x2 DR: adamantine
Chef’s knife: Att: 8/3 BAB +1 MW +6 Str / +2 Dex (-3 PA) Dam: +6 Str (+6 PA) Crit: 19-20x2 DR: none Rng: 10’
Studied: (upstairs Xoud, red robot) (mv|sw|im; +2 att, dam, bluff, disguise, intimidate, knowledge, perception, sense motive, stealth, survival)
Improved Iron Will (1/1d, reroll will save)
Spell (0/1d, st, Shield, cl7)
Spell Like (1/1d, st, Prestidigitation, cl1)
- - -

Will: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 = 14 vs DC 7 to avoid blindness

”Now cut that s+%& right out!” Yambul hollers as he’s shocked repeatedly and bites his tongue. ”Right out!”

He 5’ steps to follow and stay out of Chaance’s line of fire. Then tries carving into his opponent to stop the spell casting.
Chainsaw: 1d20 + 15 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 15 + 6 = 32 (hero, studied, advice)
damage S: 3d6 + 19 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3, 4) + 19 + 4 = 34 (studied, advice)

Chainsaw: 1d20 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 6 = 32 (hero, studied, advice)
damage S: 3d6 + 19 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1, 4) + 19 + 4 = 31 (studied, advice)
critthreat Chainsaw: 1d20 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 6 = 24 (hero, studied, advice)
damage S: 3d6 + 19 + 4 ⇒ (4, 6, 4) + 19 + 4 = 37 (studied, advice)


Elf Huntress 10

Round 1

Status:

AC = 18
HP = 52/52
Weapon Equipped = Elk Father's Bow (1 adamantine arrow left)
Condition(s) = Advice

Will Save v DC 7: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Chaance allows the dust to settle, then commences to support Yambul in destroying the Red Four-Arms. It already appears much the worse for wear after the human's mechanized assault.

Elk Father's Bow...: 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 2 - 3 - 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 15 + 1 + 2 - 3 - 2 + 2 + 4 = 33 for 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 6 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 + 2 + 6 + 4 + (1, 5) = 27 piercing magical damage, including adamantine

Elk Father's Bow...: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 - 3 - 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 1 + 2 - 3 - 2 + 2 + 4 = 32 for 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 6 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 + 2 + 6 + 4 + (5, 5) = 31 piercing magical damage, including adamantine

Elk Father's Bow...: 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 2 - 3 - 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 15 + 1 + 2 - 3 - 2 + 2 + 4 = 29 for 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 6 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 + 2 + 6 + 4 + (1, 3) = 22 piercing magical damage, including adamantine

If the android only needs one arrow to finish off Red, the subsequent arrows are destined for Green, as long as it's not totally obstructed.

Voice:

"I will eliminate your four-armed weapons first. If you relent, so will I. You are obviously a powerful entity. A knowledgeable one. I will not strike at you, you have my word. I cannot speak for my companions, especially if you show overt signs of hostility."


Iron Gods: Iron maps;

Rūha begins to give good advice as soon as the combat breaks out.

The Kasatha sprints out and easily gets grasp of Furkas' body.

Rhoreen wrestles the webs until she manages to get out.

Fort DC 15: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Thanks to that good advice, Yambul just founds a vital spot under the neck shoulder of the red robot and severs its head from it. Despite the creature does not seem to need its head for survival, it remains stunned, electricity crackling all over.

As the robot halts, the chance is seized for an arrow to fully destroy the remains, Chaance following up with two other adamantine arrows on the second robot, nearly destroying its legs.

Zzvkgrogk does something heroic!

"It gets difficult to talk with fire and so many hands around!" Furkas protests while starting to say words of power pointing his grappler.
Concenration to cast while grappled+Combat Casting DC 24: 1d20 + 14 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 14 + 4 = 37
Rūha, Will DC 19 vs hold person please

Chaance:

Your friends are so insidious. But it is too late for talking. They made their decision.
Oh, Furkas was so deceived when he did not found Casandalee's brain where it was supposed to be. Convincing his apprentice for a resurrection was the trickiest part of all. I have to admit I was surprised you were raised too.

Despite the close fight with the Kasatha, the wizard seems to take delight to look at Chaance and her reaction.

The remaining robot, though badly damaged comes into the wizard's help, stepping back and attacking Rūha with all its arms.
Slam+flank: 1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 18 + 2 = 341d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Slam+flank: 1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 18 + 2 = 321d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Slam+flank: 1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 18 + 2 = 361d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Slam+flank: 1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 18 + 2 = 291d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 This one hits if she fails the save
To hold the grapple, the Kasatha movements are more restricted than usual and the robot strikes her three times on the back "Release"

Furkas: 17 damage, slightly wounded, grappled
Red robot: 129, stunned r2, destroyed
Green robot: 77 damage, considerably damaged
Party buffs: Advice (+2)
Chaance: 18 damage
Rhoreen: 18 damage, light 42 min, mage armor 16 h, heroism 23 min, filter mask
Yambul: 19 damage, chainsaw 24 min, heroism 43 min, 1 Con drain, low radiation
Zzvkgrogk: 18 damage, see invisibility 67 min, heightened awareness 33 min, mutagen 33 min, barkskin 58 min, 1 Con drain, low radiation
Rūha: 41 damage, barkskin 44 min, mage armor 16 h, grappled
Round 2: Robots, Chaance, Zzvkgrogk (x2), Rhoreen, Yambul, Rūha, Furkas


Female Kasatha Monk 10 | AC 33 T 25 FF 27 | CMD 33 | HP 66/66 | F +10 R +12 W +15 (+2 vs ench); Immune disease | Init +3 | Perc +18 | Advice 16/16 SF 11/11 Ki 11/11 | Active Status: --

Will vs hold person: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24

Rūha takes a step to the side away from the spellcasting bot, then tightens her hold on Xoud.

Maintain Grapple: 1d20 + 14 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 14 + 5 = 33 Choosing to pin Xoud.

She crushes the spellcaster's arms to his sides.


Male Ratfolk (Ysoki) Pedigree, Laser Specialist Lvl 6 / Lvl 1

WillDC7: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 -1 Mutagen

Zzvkgrogk blows the sparkles out of his face and takes a step and aims at the meat puppet previously known as Furkas -- being extremely careful not to hit Rūha.

rtchrtchrtchrtchrtchrtch!
LaserPistol+: 1d20 + 10 - 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 10 - 4 - 2 + 2 = 26 Cover, SemiAuto, Rūha, Touch
for Damage: 1d6 + 6 + 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + (3, 3, 2, 1) + 2 = 18 Deadly aim, Zzvkgrogk Special, Rūha

LaserPistol+: 1d20 + 10 - 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 10 - 4 - 2 + 2 = 16 Cover, SemiAuto, Rūha, Touch
for Damage: 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 = 9 Deadly aim, Rūha

`CritConfirm?+: 1d20 + 10 - 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 - 4 - 2 + 2 = 9 Cover, SemiAuto, Rūha, Touch
for Damage: 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 = 13 Deadly aim, Rūha

Spells, Mutagen:

5 first, 4 Second, 2 Third
(1st) Shield(Yambul)
(1st) True Strike
(1st) Heightened Awareness
(1st) Heightened Awareness
(1st) Shield
(2nd) Barkskin
(2nd) Bullet Shield
(2nd) Cat’s Grace
(2nd) See Invisibility
(3rd) Fly
(3rd) Haste
Mutagen: (+4 Dex, 2 Wiz)

Ratus:

Can use craft (alchemy) to identify potions as if using Detect Magic
Hits: 43/43
AC Current: 25/19/20 +3 Barkskin, mutagen, Natural
AC: 18 / 14 / 15 (Normal/Touch/Flatfooted)
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 6/50
Radiation Detector (4/10 charges)
Laser Pistol (Charges): 8/10
Arc Pistol (Charges}: 7/10
Batteries Charged): 15/20
Empty Battieries: 5 /20
Zzvkgrogk Special (Alchemical Ordinance): 5/12
Hero: 3/3

~~~
He moves forward slightly, and shoots again.

rtchrtchrtchrtchrtchrtch!
LaserPistol+: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 10 - 2 + 2 = 26 SemiAuto, Rūha, Touch
for Damage: 1d6 + 6 + 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + (6, 3, 3, 4) + 2 = 25 Deadly aim, Zzvkgrogk Special, Rūha

LaserPistol+: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 10 - 2 + 2 = 18 SemiAuto, Rūha, Touch
for Damage: 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 = 9 Deadly aim, Rūha

Spells, Mutagen:

5 first, 4 Second, 2 Third
(1st) Shield(Yambul)
(1st) True Strike
(1st) Heightened Awareness
(1st) Heightened Awareness
(1st) Shield
(2nd) Barkskin
(2nd) Bullet Shield
(2nd) Cat’s Grace
(2nd) See Invisibility
(3rd) Fly
(3rd) Haste
Mutagen: (+4 Dex, 2 Wiz)

Ratus:

Can use craft (alchemy) to identify potions as if using Detect Magic
Hits: 43/43
AC Current: 25/19/20 +3 Barkskin, mutagen, Natural
AC: 18 / 14 / 15 (Normal/Touch/Flatfooted)
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 6/50
Radiation Detector (4/10 charges)
Laser Pistol (Charges): 6/10
Arc Pistol (Charges}: 7/10
Batteries Charged): 15/20
Empty Battieries: 5 /20
Zzvkgrogk Special (Alchemical Ordinance): 4/12
Hero: 3/3


Elf Huntress 10

Round 3

Status:

AC = 18
HP = 52/52
Weapon Equipped = Elk Father's Bow
Condition(s) = Advice

Chaance moves around the central part of the floor, raising her last adamantine arrow against the Green Four-Arms.

Elk Father's Bow...: 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 2 + 4 - 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 15 + 1 + 2 + 4 - 3 + 2 = 27 for 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 4 + 6 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 + 2 + 4 + 6 + (3, 2) = 26 piercing, magical, adamantine damage

The arrow loosed, the android lowers her bow, turning her attention to the face of Furkas. While she looks upon the grappled, she speaks to the Zzvkith. "It learns, parasitically. It wins knowledge by claiming the bodies it dese... decimates. Be careful here. Destroying Xoud's body may force it to choose another. Likely Rūha. Based on proximity, of course."


Human (Kellid) He/Him

Status:
HP: 65/84 AC: 21 (t14, f18) Hero Points: 3
Weapon Equipped = Chainsaw (26m)
Conditions = -1 con drain, low radiation, Heroism (45m)
Chainsaw: Att: 8/3 BAB +6 Str +1 magic (-3 PA) Dam: +9 Str +1 magic (+9 PA) Crit: 15-20x2 DR: adamantine, magic Charges: 7/10
Falchion: Att: 8/3 BAB +6 Str +1 MW (-3 PA) Dam: +9 Str (+9 PA) Crit: 18-20x2 DR: adamantine
Chef’s knife: Att: 8/3 BAB +1 MW +6 Str / +2 Dex (-3 PA) Dam: +6 Str (+6 PA) Crit: 19-20x2 DR: none Rng: 10’
Studied: (upstairs Xoud, blue robot) (mv|sw|im; +2 att, dam, bluff, disguise, intimidate, knowledge, perception, sense motive, stealth, survival)
Improved Iron Will (1/1d, reroll will save)
Spell (0/1d, st, Shield, cl7)
Spell Like (1/1d, st, Prestidigitation, cl1)
- - -

Yambul rushes forward, studying the blue robot (swift), sliding past Rüha (move), and provoking from Xoud (though he is grappled).

If the blue robot still stands, he’ll attack it to protect Rüha from its clutches. If the robot is down, he’ll take out his ion tape.
Chainsaw: 1d20 + 15 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 15 + 6 = 37 (hero, studied, advice)
damage S: 3d6 + 19 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3, 1) + 19 + 4 = 28 (studied, advice)
critthreat Chainsaw: 1d20 + 15 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 15 + 6 = 27 (hero, studied, advice)
damage S: 3d6 + 19 + 4 ⇒ (5, 4, 1) + 19 + 4 = 33 (studied, advice)


F Half-elf Craftsperson

Round 3

Rhoreen fiddles with her rod, targeting the green ro-butt.

Skymetal Omen: The subject of this omen is jinxed with the unquantifiable nature of skymetal. When the target makes an attack or saving throw during the next 2 rounds, it must roll twice and take the worse result. A DC 20 Will save negates this effect. 18/50.

Rhor & Lore:

HP: 50/50 + temp
AC: 12/12/10 (+4 w/Mage Armor)
F+4, R+5, W+8

Open spell slots:
Left Hand: nothing
Right Hand: Ember Staff (5/9 charges)

Lighten Up: 0/1 used
Rod of Extend, lesser: 2/3 used
PoP 1: 1/2 used

[ dice]1d20+6[/dice] ranged to hit;
[ dice]1d4-1[/dice] blunt damage

Phasing: The drinker gains the ability to become incorporeal for 1d4 rounds as a swift action, but takes 1 point of Con damage when he does so. Phasing can be extended as a free action by taking 1 additional point of Con damage. Coming out of phase inside a solid object is instantly fatal.

New usual morning magical protections: False Life 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 temp hp, extended Mage Armor (herself & Ruha, 16 hours), when we suspect trouble/dungeoneering extended Heroisms (herself & Yambul, 160 minutes). Rhor will don her filter mask when exploring when there is a chance at combat (dungeons and like), and keep it off when in town and among people.

Skymetal Omen: The subject of this omen is jinxed with the unquantifiable nature of skymetal. When the target makes an attack or saving throw during the next 2 rounds, it must roll twice and take the worse result. A DC 20 Will save negates this effect. 18/50.

Skymetal's Onus: The subject of this onus is infused with the unquantifiable nature of skymetal. The target can choose one attack or one saving throw during the next 2 rounds, it may roll twice and take the better result (choose before rolling). 45/50.

”I can do it myself!!”
[ dice]1d8+1[/dice] CLW
0/50 charges left.

"zzvkgrogk!"
2d4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4) + 2 = 7 force damage (9/50 left)

Haste 1/8: You realize that you might be the unknowing recipient of some unkind thoughts from someone very much like Rhoreen if you don’t get your ass in gear and kill the people who are annoying Rhor. You get +1 to your attacks, a bit more speed, and an extra angry attack if you do such things. You know the deal: don’t disappoint Rhor.

2nd—magic missile;
4th—knock;
6th—fireball;
8th—restoration;
10th—maximized scorching ray;
12th—mass bull’s strength;
14th—greater restoration;
16th—empowered and maximized fireball;
18th—empowered and maximized fire shield.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Iron Gods: Iron maps;

Zzvkgrogk puts two good shots on Furkas' head before releasing his gun's trigger.

Rūha turns Furkas and grabs him with his other two hands, holding him solidly immobilized.

Chaance maneuvers around the room, sending an adamantine arrow through the air to strike solidly on the remaining's robot hull.

Furkas does not retaliate as Yambul passes by, and reaches the robot, driving his roaring chainsaw into the robot until it is cut into two big pieces. The robot falls apart, shattered.

For lack of a better target Rhoreen, targets Furkas with her wand.
Will DC 20: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21

Zzvkgrogk second salvo bursts badly on Furkas' whose body is terribly scorched and starts to burn. The wizard ceases to move.

As Furkas dies consumed in flame, his mouth opens, and vomits a large, glistening brain, without any features at all save for four short, clawed legs. The brain lands in four legs, but seems temporarily dazed by the passage.

Chaance:

An scene flashes on you, like a deeply buried nightmare. You walk with Revion and another man, a human, through a cave which walls seem like the hide of a crocodile in both color and texture covered by a thin layer of pungent, translucent jelly.

You are attacked by a group of Kellids but as you kill the first one, a four legged brain gets out of it. The brain pounces over you. Everything fades to black.
You get a +5 on the knowledge check below.
---

K. dungeoning DC 27:

This aberration is an Intellect Devourer, one of the alien races that collaborates with the Dominion of the Black.

Thought by some to be invaders from another dimension or planet, the sinister intellect devourers are certainly one of the world’s cruelest races. Incapable of experiencing emotions or wallowing in the sins of physical pleasure on their own, intellect devourers are forced to steal bodies in order to indulge their gluttony, lust, and cruelty.

Stories tell of entire cities of these creatures deep underground, where host bodies are worn like clothes to hideous orgies and vile feasts. Lone intellect devourers often dwell in ruins or caves on the edge of a civilized region so they can make periodic forays into town to “shop” for an attractive new body.
---

Furkas: 78 damage, dead
Green robot: 164 damage, destroyed
Party buffs: Advice (+2)
Chaance: 18 damage
Rhoreen: 18 damage, light 42 min, mage armor 16 h, heroism 23 min, filter mask
Yambul: 19 damage, chainsaw 24 min, heroism 43 min, 1 Con drain, low radiation
Zzvkgrogk: 18 damage, see invisibility 67 min, heightened awareness 33 min, mutagen 33 min, barkskin 58 min, 1 Con drain, low radiation
Rūha: 41 damage, barkskin 44 min, mage armor 16 h, grappled
Round 3: Chaance, Zzvkgrogk, Rhoreen, Yambul, Rūha, Brain


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Elf Huntress 10

Knowledge(Dungeoneering) v DC 27: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 5 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 2 + 5 + 11 = 34 Nanite Surge

Chaance begins to glow in places. Something beneath her skin, like veins, except for their 90-degree bends and alien patterns. The eyes behind the goggles emit a low purple light as well, the rims of the lenses projecting two circles faintly on the surface of the four-legged cerebrum.

"You... you were there... you were the thing... that..." The android's voice fades just as the light within her goes out.

Round 3

Status:

AC = 18
HP = 52/52
Weapon Equipped = Elk Father's Bow
Condition(s) = None

Chaance remembers herself. "It's an intellect devourer. The Dominion of the Black calls it ally. This specimen is responsible for... my demise... as a true citizen of Kyonin. Please. It must be slain. Must be prevented from ever repeating its violations. It is especially weak along its corpus callosum, or its inverse spine."

Move Action to grant Favored Enemy Bonus +1 to Attack and Damage Rolls for 2 Rounds

The android produces a single arrow, her brow furrowing. "It requires magical adamantine weaponry to truly injure it. Had I known..."

Elk Father's Bow...: 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (6) + 15 + 1 + 2 - 3 = 21 for 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 + 2 + 6 = 16 piercing, magical damage, FE


Female Kasatha Monk 10 | AC 33 T 25 FF 27 | CMD 33 | HP 66/66 | F +10 R +12 W +15 (+2 vs ench); Immune disease | Init +3 | Perc +18 | Advice 16/16 SF 11/11 Ki 11/11 | Active Status: --

Ruha releases the burning corpse, then fires her autograpnel at the brain at point-blank range. She's not sure what precisely it is until Chaance explains, but she's not about to let it escape. "Magical and adamantine? With an appearance like that?"

+1 Autograpnel (grapple, slow-fire): 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 20 Damage (P, adamantine): 1d8 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 17


Male Ratfolk (Ysoki) Pedigree, Laser Specialist Lvl 6 / Lvl 1

KnowDung: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 10 + 2 = 25

”Hey – ahh–” Zzvkgrogk says gesturing at the shiny brain. ”a um…”

Chaance wrote:
"It's an intellect devourer.”

He ducks out of the way of Chaance's arrow.

”YEaaah…. That’s it! Just in case -- ”

He shoots it with his laser pistol, aiming for the corpus callosum.

LaserPistol: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34
for Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Crit?: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25
for Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

When that appears to do nothing, he disappointedly makes way for Rūha and everyone else.

Spells, Mutagen:

5 first, 4 Second, 2 Third
(1st) Shield(Yambul)
(1st) True Strike
(1st) Heightened Awareness
(1st) Heightened Awareness
(1st) Shield
(2nd) Barkskin
(2nd) Bullet Shield
(2nd) Cat’s Grace
(2nd) See Invisibility
(3rd) Fly
(3rd) Haste
Mutagen: (+4 Dex, 2 Wiz)

Ratus:

Can use craft (alchemy) to identify potions as if using Detect Magic
Hits: 43/43
AC Current: 25/19/20 +3 Barkskin, mutagen, Natural
AC: 18 / 14 / 15 (Normal/Touch/Flatfooted)
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 6/50
Radiation Detector (4/10 charges)
Laser Pistol (Charges): 5/10
Arc Pistol (Charges}: 7/10
Batteries Charged): 15/20
Empty Battieries: 5 /20
Zzvkgrogk Special (Alchemical Ordinance): 6/12
Hero: 3/3


3 people marked this as a favorite.
F Half-elf Craftsperson

Round 3

”A *WHAT!* devourer!?!” Rhoreen worries, as she is clearly the smartest and most intellectual so is probably the most desired by the beast. Others don’t need to worry nearly as much as she does.

Belatedly, she casts Haste, fearful of the beast.

Haste 1/8: You realize that you might be the unknowing recipient of some unkind thoughts from someone very much like Rhoreen if you don’t get your ass in gear and kill the people who are annoying Rhor. You get +1 to your attacks, a bit more speed, and an extra angry attack if you do such things. You know the deal: don’t disappoint Rhor.

Rhor & Lore:

HP: 50/50 + temp
AC: 12/12/10 (+4 w/Mage Armor)
F+4, R+5, W+8

Open spell slots:
Left Hand: nothing
Right Hand: Ember Staff (5/9 charges)

Lighten Up: 0/1 used
Rod of Extend, lesser: 2/3 used
PoP 1: 1/2 used

[ dice]1d20+6[/dice] ranged to hit;
[ dice]1d4-1[/dice] blunt damage

Phasing: The drinker gains the ability to become incorporeal for 1d4 rounds as a swift action, but takes 1 point of Con damage when he does so. Phasing can be extended as a free action by taking 1 additional point of Con damage. Coming out of phase inside a solid object is instantly fatal.

New usual morning magical protections: False Life 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 temp hp, extended Mage Armor (herself & Ruha, 16 hours), when we suspect trouble/dungeoneering extended Heroisms (herself & Yambul, 160 minutes). Rhor will don her filter mask when exploring when there is a chance at combat (dungeons and like), and keep it off when in town and among people.

Skymetal Omen: The subject of this omen is jinxed with the unquantifiable nature of skymetal. When the target makes an attack or saving throw during the next 2 rounds, it must roll twice and take the worse result. A DC 20 Will save negates this effect. 18/50.

Skymetal's Onus: The subject of this onus is infused with the unquantifiable nature of skymetal. The target can choose one attack or one saving throw during the next 2 rounds, it may roll twice and take the better result (choose before rolling). 45/50.

”I can do it myself!!”
[ dice]1d8+1[/dice] CLW
0/50 charges left.

"zzvkgrogk!"
2d4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 1) + 2 = 4 force damage (9/50 left)

Haste 1/8: You realize that you might be the unknowing recipient of some unkind thoughts from someone very much like Rhoreen if you don’t get your ass in gear and kill the people who are annoying Rhor. You get +1 to your attacks, a bit more speed, and an extra angry attack if you do such things. You know the deal: don’t disappoint Rhor.

2nd—magic missile;
4th—knock;
6th—fireball;
8th—restoration;
10th—maximized scorching ray;
12th—mass bull’s strength;
14th—greater restoration;
16th—empowered and maximized fireball;
18th—empowered and maximized fire shield.


Human (Kellid) He/Him

Status:
HP: 65/84 AC: 21 (t14, f18) Hero Points: 3
Weapon Equipped = Chainsaw (26m)
Conditions = -1 con drain, low radiation, Heroism (45m)
Chainsaw: Att: 8/3 BAB +6 Str +1 magic (-3 PA) Dam: +9 Str +1 magic (+9 PA) Crit: 15-20x2 DR: adamantine, magic Charges: 7/10
Falchion: Att: 8/3 BAB +6 Str +1 MW (-3 PA) Dam: +9 Str (+9 PA) Crit: 18-20x2 DR: adamantine
Chef’s knife: Att: 8/3 BAB +1 MW +6 Str / +2 Dex (-3 PA) Dam: +6 Str (+6 PA) Crit: 19-20x2 DR: none Rng: 10’
Studied: (intellect devourer) (mv|sw|im; +2 att, dam, bluff, disguise, intimidate, knowledge, perception, sense motive, stealth, survival)
Improved Iron Will (1/1d, reroll will save)
Spell (0/1d, st, Shield, cl7)
Spell Like (1/1d, st, Prestidigitation, cl1)
- - -

Yambul swiftly studies the newcomer then steps (5’) over the dead body of Xoud. Again. He attacks the devourer.

Chainsaw: 1d20 + 15 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 15 + 8 = 32 (hero, studied, advice, haste, favored)
damage S: 3d6 + 19 + 5 ⇒ (1, 3, 1) + 19 + 5 = 29 (studied, advice, favored)

Chainsaw: 1d20 + 7 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 8 = 20 (hero, studied, advice, haste, favored)
damage S: 3d6 + 19 + 5 ⇒ (5, 2, 6) + 19 + 5 = 37 (studied, advice, favored)

hasted Chainsaw: 1d20 + 15 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 15 + 8 = 43 (hero, studied, advice, haste, favored)
damage S: 3d6 + 19 + 5 ⇒ (4, 3, 3) + 19 + 5 = 34 (studied, advice, favored)
critthreat hasted Chainsaw: 1d20 + 15 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 15 + 8 = 38 (hero, studied, advice, haste, favored)
damage S: 3d6 + 19 + 5 ⇒ (2, 1, 2) + 19 + 5 = 29 (studied, advice, favored)


Iron Gods: Iron maps;

Chaance's arrow ends at the tower's wall when the brain quickly steps to the side to avoid it.

It results really fishy as it also dodges Rūha's autograpnel.

Zzvkgrogk has better aim, but although he gets the creature, the fire of his pistol seems to do nothing to harm the brainy thing.

Rhoreen hastens the party to ensure the you can catch up with this alien thing.

Only Yambul manages to harm the creature, as he connects a couple of times with speed, the chainsaw opening wide rifts on the brainy matter.

Despite the gruesome wounds, the brain seems still on good shape. This is no common aberration, this thing is unique stuff from beyond the stars.

That is painful. You people have become stronger since you fought Furkas. the brain does not have mouth to pronounce any word but you still hear it clearly inside yourselves I really wanted the android, but this is too dangerous for my self-being. But be reassured, you cannot protect much longer Divinity from us. We will find access to its resources, and then it will be a matter of time your whole planet falls under our control.

Without no word of power, the intellect devourer steps back and disappears.

K. arcana DC 24 or Spellcraft DC 22:

silent dimension door

Combat is over!

Intellect devourer: 92 damage, considerably wounded
Party buffs: Advice (+2), haste
Chaance: 18 damage
Rhoreen: 18 damage, light 42 min, mage armor 16 h, heroism 23 min, filter mask
Yambul: 19 damage, chainsaw 24 min, heroism 43 min, 1 Con drain, low radiation
Zzvkgrogk: 18 damage, see invisibility 67 min, heightened awareness 33 min, mutagen 33 min, barkskin 58 min, 1 Con drain, low radiation
Rūha: 41 damage, barkskin 44 min, mage armor 16 h, grappled

Furkas body holds a masterwork staff and a tunic with some casting ingredients on its pouches. There is also a cloak of resistance +2, some magical goggles, and a couple of magical rings. The two robotic apprentices have a cloak of resistance +2 each.

Detect Magic + Spellcraft DC 18 (goggles):

Detect Magic + Spellcraft DC 26 (ring 1):

Detect Magic + Spellcraft DC 24 (ring 2):


Male Ratfolk (Ysoki) Pedigree, Laser Specialist Lvl 6 / Lvl 1

KnowArcDC24: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 16 + 2 = 27

"BRIGH!!! Not only is it good a dodging, it can just dimension door away silently! Jerk! Do you suppose it went downstairs? I am going to have study X-ray vision now."

Perception: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 15 + 2 = 27 He dispenses with healing, then Zzvkgrogk looks around for a copper rod or anything else of interest that he can identify.

Spells, Mutagen:

5 first, 4 Second, 2 Third
(1st) Shield(Yambul)
(1st) True Strike
(1st) Heightened Awareness
(1st) Heightened Awareness
(1st) Shield
(2nd) Barkskin
(2nd) Bullet Shield
(2nd) Cat’s Grace
(2nd) See Invisibility
(3rd) Fly
(3rd) Haste
Mutagen: (+4 Dex, 2 Wiz)

Ratus:

Can use craft (alchemy) to identify potions as if using Detect Magic
Hits: 43/43
AC Current: 25/19/20 +3 Barkskin, mutagen, Natural
AC: 18 / 14 / 15 (Normal/Touch/Flatfooted)
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 6/50
Radiation Detector (4/10 charges)
Laser Pistol (Charges): 5/10
Arc Pistol (Charges}: 7/10
Batteries Charged): 15/20
Empty Battieries: 5 /20
Zzvkgrogk Special (Alchemical Ordinance): 6/12
Hero: 3/3


Human (Kellid) He/Him

Status:
HP: 84/84 AC: 21 (t14, f18) Hero Points: 3
Weapon Equipped = Chainsaw (26m)
Conditions = -1 con drain, low radiation, Heroism (45m)
Chainsaw: Att: 8/3 BAB +6 Str +1 magic (-3 PA) Dam: +9 Str +1 magic (+9 PA) Crit: 15-20x2 DR: adamantine, magic Charges: 7/10
Falchion: Att: 8/3 BAB +6 Str +1 MW (-3 PA) Dam: +9 Str (+9 PA) Crit: 18-20x2 DR: adamantine
Chef’s knife: Att: 8/3 BAB +1 MW +6 Str / +2 Dex (-3 PA) Dam: +6 Str (+6 PA) Crit: 19-20x2 DR: none Rng: 10’
Studied: (intellect devourer) (mv|sw|im; +2 att, dam, bluff, disguise, intimidate, knowledge, perception, sense motive, stealth, survival)
Improved Iron Will (1/1d, reroll will save)
Spell (0/1d, st, Shield, cl7)
Spell Like (1/1d, st, Prestidigitation, cl1)
- - -

”Hey, where’d he go? We was just getting started!”

He helps strip the bodies of loot, and takes one of the cloaks (if there are no problems) for himself to better protect against spell casters. He’ll pack whatever folks don’t want.

…and a bit of healing.
CLW: 3d8 + 3 ⇒ (5, 6, 7) + 3 = 21

"I say we bury Xoud. Maybe that's all his ghost wants at this point?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Half-elf Craftsperson

1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 17 + 2 = 37 Spellcraft - spell

So quiet. Now that is a neat trick. Far beyond what I might expect of Xoud. Duly noted.

Rhoreen finally breathes again when the danger to her prodigious psyche flees, a telling blow landed by gift of her magics, no less.

"Ha! I did that!" She smugs, proud of her magics.

When things die down, she will examine the magics and explains how she thinks they might be used. She offers the goggles to her rat friend.

1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 17 + 2 = 31 Spellcraft - goggles
1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 17 + 2 = 32 Spellcraft - ring 1
1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 17 + 2 = 31 Spellcraft - ring 2 Are there any charges in the ring of forcefangs?

And given more time, she will heal as well.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 CLW
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 CLW
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 CLW 3 charges.

"Instead of burning Xoud, I think we saw a few ways to liquefy his body in acid on the way up. But we could arrange fire as well."


Female Kasatha Monk 10 | AC 33 T 25 FF 27 | CMD 33 | HP 66/66 | F +10 R +12 W +15 (+2 vs ench); Immune disease | Init +3 | Perc +18 | Advice 16/16 SF 11/11 Ki 11/11 | Active Status: --

You hear a muffled click of the tongue from Rūha from behind her mask. "It certainly knows how to flee. We'll have to keep that in mind for next time." She shakes her head "From what it said, there will be a next time whether we like it or not, and the Dominion will be crossing paths with us again. I wonder why it thought we were protecting the Divinity against it?"

Rūha would happily take the second cloak if there are no committed claimants, and asks for some healing as well.

CLW Wand: 6d8 + 6 ⇒ (3, 2, 2, 8, 7, 7) + 6 = 35 6 charges. I assume we're getting pretty far through our CLW supply...

At Yambul's suggestion, Rūha adds "It's a good idea, but everything I've seen in here so far has painted a picture of a madman far more obsessed with his work than anything else. If I had to bet, I'd say its one of his projects that is keeping him bound."


Iron Gods: Iron maps;

Rhoreen founds the forcefangs ring is loaded with one charge.

With the danger gone and the loot identified, you can have a more calm search of the tower's roof laboratory.

The rare laboratory components spread throughout this room weigh 100 pounds in all and are quite fragile, but are collectively worth 1,500 gp. The metal shelves contain decades of research journals and laboratory notes, amassing the sum total of the knowledge gained from the experiments conducted throughout the Choking Tower. Study of these notes requires the ability to read Androffan, and even then examining them takes several days.
When using these journals as references, a character gains a +5 bonus on all Knowledge checks to learn about technological devices, swarms, creatures with the air subtype, and magic utilizing smoke, mist, air, and similar features.
A lengthy read of the collection also reveal information about Furkas Xoud’s past and the nature of his work here in the Choking Tower.
Let me know if you are interested in the Lore of the tower, or to know Xoud's full story (it would require at least a long rest here for reading through).

In addition to the journals, the shelves in this room contain a total of 120 silverdisks, 10 batteries, four rolls of ion tape, two zipsticks, a timeworn chemalyzer (7 charges), two nanite canisters, a timeworn cylindrical device with a nozzle at one end, three scrolls of gaseous form, a scroll of recharge, and a magical horn and a magical bottle.

K. engineering DC 26* (cylindrical device):

Spellcraft+Detect magic DC 18 (horn):

Spellcraft+Detect magic DC 22 (bottle):

Finally, a short rod made of horacalcum sits on one desk. While the rod seems to be little more than an unadorned 2-foot-long cylinder of metal (and indeed can function as a masterwork horacalcum club), it radiates faint abjuration magic.

Spellcraft or K. arcana DC 20:

The rod looks to you as a magical key of some sort

Appraise DC 20:

These journals weigh a total of 20 pounds in all and are worth 4,000 gp.

The horacalcum rod is worth 6,300 gp.

Chaance: 18 damage
Rhoreen: 3 damage, light 42 min, mage armor 16 h, heroism 23 min, filter mask
Yambul: chainsaw 24 min, heroism 43 min, 1 Con drain, low radiation
Zzvkgrogk: 18 damage, see invisibility 67 min, heightened awareness 33 min, mutagen 33 min, barkskin 58 min, 1 Con drain, low radiation
Rūha: 6 damage, barkskin 44 min, mage armor 16 h


F Half-elf Craftsperson
Rūha wrote:
"It's a good idea, but everything I've seen in here so far has painted a picture of a madman far more obsessed with his work than anything else. If I had to bet, I'd say its one of his projects that is keeping him bound."

”You might be correct, Ruha, and if we must destroy his work to destroy him, we will, but also we can hope that isn’t the case. There might be something we have missed or yet to find that holds the keys to binding to his realm,” Rhoreen agrees with Ruha.

As I think Rhoreen can charge the ring by targeting herself with Magic Missile, she will charge it with 4 more charges to give it 5…which will be very slightly more effective against the ghost if we see it again.

”This is quite a collection,” Rhoreen notes as she looks about the collection and she intends to spend more time here once the major dangers have passed. ”Xoud seemed to have stocked this well for us.”

1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 17 + 2 = 36 Know (*Engineering) - device
1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 17 + 2 = 31 Spellcraft - horn
1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 17 + 2 = 30 Spellcraft - bottle
1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 17 + 2 = 36 Spellcraft - rod
1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 2 = 21 Appraise (untrained)

Rhoreen explains what she thinks about the magics and rod/key, and does so in a very smug way. That’s because she is very smart and knows she is right. Nothing wrong with that.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human (Kellid) He/Him

We’ve got two fresh wands of CLW, plus whatever is left on the one Zzvkgrogk is kindly tracking. And there are more in the pipeline to buy with the loot we’re collecting. We’ll need to go to a larger town to sell stuff though…

Yambul hands the goggles to Zzvkgrogk, ”I bet these’ll help with your disarming stuff.”

Yambul whistles when they realize what all is here. He stuffs as much as he can in his haversack, but there will still be much left behind. ”We should get one of those bags of holding.” he looks around the room, ”A big one.”

What do folks think about buying a big old Bag of Holding (link) for the party with group funds? If you like the idea, how much should we spend? We haven’t had to leave much behind before this, but it is a consideration. Yambul is strong enough to carry the biggest one no trouble.

”Hey!” Yambul blurts out when they find the rod, ”I bet that’s the key to downstairs!” He’s very excited and pleased.

He waits patiently though while the others look through the place. Lots to study here - he wonders if they’ll be staying a few days.


Female Kasatha Monk 10 | AC 33 T 25 FF 27 | CMD 33 | HP 66/66 | F +10 R +12 W +15 (+2 vs ench); Immune disease | Init +3 | Perc +18 | Advice 16/16 SF 11/11 Ki 11/11 | Active Status: --

Splitting on a bag of holding sounds good to me! With how much of a haul we're getting, we should probably be able to afford a big one.

"Quite the collection for sure..." Ruha inspects the technological items while passing the magical ones onward. Upon the group finding the rod/key, she nods "That'll be it. It seems Xoud held this particular lab in high regard, if he left this key here." She's tempted to start reading over Xoud's notes, but the sheer volume without a good way to search them is intimidating.

"I think there's a lot to learn here that we might be able to put to use in settling Xoud's soul, but I'm also concerned that the spirit will make its way up here once we let down our guard. I'd be concerned for all of you if we rested here, especially."

Can we haul the notes out of the tower and study them while camping outside?


Elf Huntress 10
Chaance's Id wrote:
That is painful. You people have become stronger since you fought Furkas. I really wanted the android, but this is too dangerous for my self-being. But be reassured, you cannot protect much longer Divinity from us. We will find access to its resources, and then it will be a matter of time your whole planet falls under our control.

Knowledge(Arcana) v DC 24: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

On the off chance you are still near enough to pluck at my thoughts, know that if we ever cross paths again, I will bear enough adamantine to slaughter you ten times over.

Chaance regards the gathered items, and gravitates to the two nanite canisters. She proceeds to tuck them away, holding each for a moment, allowing her palm to wrap around the metal separating one nanite population from another.

She also collects the knowledge ledgers on swarms, holding them up to indicate to the others her desire to hold onto them for the time being.

"We've examined everything in the Tower except the plated door, correct? And now we have what we believe to be the key. Do we head there now, or do we rest? I suggest we rest outside the Tower. Unless we have deduced how to put Furkas completely to rest, and choose to do that first?"


Male Ratfolk (Ysoki) Pedigree, Laser Specialist Lvl 6 / Lvl 1

KnowArcanaDC20: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 16 + 2 = 21

GMRutseg wrote:
Finally, a short rod made of horacalcum sits on one desk. While the rod seems to be little more than an unadorned 2-foot-long cylinder of metal (and indeed can function as a masterwork horacalcum club), it radiates faint abjuration magic.

Zzvkgrogk’s eyes widen and being one track minded from time to time -- he gravitates towards the shiny, gently glowing horacalcum. ”Ooh, this is it! The very thing I – er, I mean we were looking for… This should open that trap door, I think.”

His eyes open even wider as Calliope offers him the googles. ”Why, wow! Yes! Thanks! I have always wanted my own pair!” he gratefully accepts the offer placing the goggles on his head -- ready for when he’ll need them.

Zzvkgrogk yawns.

”I too think we should rest awhile, but maybe outside. I figure the ghost of Farkus is tucked in in his own way, having nothing better to do in death than in life. It must be exhausting fighting all the time. Say, doesn’t one of those spell books have the spell ‘Ant Haul’? I can’t prepare it now, but it would help getting some of this stuff out of here. If we go now, what books should we take?”

Spells, Mutagen:

5 first, 4 Second, 2 Third
(1st) Shield(Yambul)
(1st) True Strike
(1st) Heightened Awareness
(1st) Heightened Awareness
(1st) Shield
(2nd) Barkskin
(2nd) Bullet Shield
(2nd) Cat’s Grace
(2nd) See Invisibility
(3rd) Fly
(3rd) Haste
Mutagen: (+4 Dex, 2 Wiz)

Ratus:

Can use craft (alchemy) to identify potions as if using Detect Magic
Hits: 43/43
AC Current: 25/19/20 +3 Barkskin, mutagen, Natural
AC: 18 / 14 / 15 (Normal/Touch/Flatfooted)
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 6/50
Radiation Detector (4/10 charges)
Laser Pistol (Charges): 5/10
Arc Pistol (Charges}: 7/10
Batteries Charged): 15/20
Empty Battieries: 5 /20
Zzvkgrogk Special (Alchemical Ordinance): 6/12
Hero: 3/3


F Half-elf Craftsperson

"I think we should go try the plated door. We'll don't want to give Xoud a chance to recover their spells, and I'm not sure how that works if we have his spellbooks, that already seems crazy to me, but maybe ghosts are different?" Rhoreen suggests.

"Besides, I really want to know what is keeping him tied to this mortal plane. I mean, this laboratory is great and all, what with the unknown horrors and acidic deathmists, but why is he still tied here? It's gotta be behind the door."


Human (Kellid) He/Him

Yambul is torn between pressing on and resting. Sure, he's game to continue, but if they face Xoud again, he'd like that shield up - and that's after a rest. It's also been a long day, folks have to be running low on spells and such.

Besides, even if Xoud does get his spells back, they survived them the first time huh? They can do it again!

"Yeah," he convinces himself, "I think we should rest. But definitely a ways from the tower just in case Xoud gets any ideas. And we take his books," he adds firmly.


Iron Gods: Iron maps;

If Chaance's mental message arrives, it never receives response. At least, not for now.

The party seems to lean on resting, but where. Here in the tower, outside in the forest, or somewhere else. Or how far away from the tower?

Anyway, once the party starts descending a couple floors, before the horacalcum door, they are received by the azers "Hello friends. We heard an explosion up. We were considering going up investigate, but we were scared more robots could find us." "Yes" "Have... you found a means to get us back home?"


Human (Kellid) He/Him

"Not yet! But there is more to discover. We are resting, far from the tower, tonight. And will press on tomorrow. I think. You should join us in our camp!" he invites.

At least 100 yards? Can we still see it or is there cover? If there's cover, we could be closer.

4,201 to 4,250 of 4,716 << first < prev | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [AP] Iron Gods by GM Rutseg - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.