[AP] Iron Gods by GM Rutseg

Game Master Balacertar

Chapter 3 - THE CHOKING TOWER

Current map
Treasure sheet

Iron Gods Player's Guide
Torch's Gazetteer - Torch's map - Numeria's map

Goals:
* Learn more about Unity
* Locate Casandalee's neurocam and AI core devices
✔️ Reunite with Baine and Meyanda
* Find allies to depose the rule of the Technic League
* Fight the Dominion of the Black


3,951 to 4,000 of 4,438 << first < prev | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | next > last >>

F Half-elf Craftsperson

Round 5

"C'mon you guys, let's get someplace safe. Get away from that thing.  There are plenty of smaller hallways we can lead it around down here. Maybe we can circle back up too," Rhoreen offers, moving on the 2nd floor. "Heck, we might even be able to lock it in down here."

On the second floor map.

Rhor & Lore:

HP: 50/50 + temp
AC: 12/12/10  (+4 w/Mage Armor)
F+4, R+5, W+8

Open spell slots:
Left Hand: nothing
Right Hand: Ember Staff (9/9 charges)

Lighten Up: 0/1 used
Rod of Extend, lesser: 2/3 used
PoP 1: 1/2 used

[ dice]1d20+6[/dice] ranged to hit;
[ dice]1d4-1[/dice] blunt damage

Phasing: The drinker gains the ability to become incorporeal for 1d4 rounds as a swift action, but takes 1 point of Con damage when he does so. Phasing can be extended as a free action by taking 1 additional point of Con damage. Coming out of phase inside a solid object is instantly fatal.

New usual morning magical protections: False Life 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 temp hp, extended Mage Armor (herself & Ruha, 16 hours), when we suspect trouble/dungeoneering extended Heroisms (herself & Yambul, 160 minutes). Rhor will don her filter mask when exploring when there is a chance at combat (dungeons and like), and keep it off when in town and among people.

Skymetal Omen: The subject of this omen is jinxed with the unquantifiable nature of skymetal. When the target makes an attack or saving throw during the next 2 rounds, it must roll twice and take the worse result. A DC 20 Will save negates this effect. 15/50.

Skymetal's Onus: The subject of this onus is infused with the unquantifiable nature of skymetal. The target can choose one attack or one saving throw during the next 2 rounds, it may roll twice and take the better result (choose before rolling).  45/50.

”I can do it myself!!”
[ dice]1d8+1[/dice] CLW
0/50 charges left.

"zzvkgrogk!"
2d4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 4) + 2 = 10 force damage (9/50 left)

Haste 1/8: You realize that you might be the unknowing recipient of some unkind thoughts from someone very much like Rhoreen if you don’t get your ass in gear and kill the people who are annoying Rhor. You get +1 to your attacks, a bit more speed, and an extra angry attack if you do such things. You know the deal: don’t disappoint Rhor.

2nd—magic missile;
4th—knock;
6th—fireball;
8th—restoration;
10th—maximized scorching ray;
12th—mass bull’s strength;
14th—greater restoration;
16th—empowered and maximized fireball;
18th—empowered and maximized fire shield.


Elf Bookworm/9

Round 3

Status:

AC = 18
HP = 37/52
Weapon Equipped = XillMacil
Condition(s) = None

Fortitude Save v DC 17: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Chaance coughs hard, as the beast spews black matter, and she finds herself adjacent. Her eyes begin to blur, then lightly glow, as the nanites sense an attack, and course through her veins to uncloud her mind, keeping her from Confusion. +4 vs Mind-Affecting, for an actual Save Roll of 20

"Retreating." The android looks down on her forearms, aware that the skin is looser in spots. Double Move downwards


Female Kasatha Monk 9 | AC 33 T 25 FF 27 | CMD 32 | HP 59/59 | F +8 R +10 W +13 (+2 vs ench); Immune disease | Init +3 | Perc +18 | Advice 12/15 SF 10/10 Ki 7/10 | Active Status: --

Rūha furrows her brow, hoping the others can repel the beasts for long enough for the team to regroup.


Male Ratfolk (Ysoki) Pedigree, Laser Specialist Lvl 6 / Lvl 1

Zzvkgrogk reaches into his haversack and drops a concussion bomb before springing and striding after Rhoreen.

"Move it everyone!" If we hurry maybe we can encounter them from behind as they are squeezing!

Spells, Mutagen:

5 first, 4 Second, 2 Third
(1st) Shield(Yambul)
(1st) True Strike
(1st) Heightened Awareness
(1st) Heightened Awareness
(1st) Shield
(2nd) Barkskin
(2nd) Bullet Shield
(2nd) Cat’s Grace
(2nd) See Invisibility
(3rd) Fly
(3rd) Haste
Mutagen: (+4 Dex, 2 Wiz)

Ratus:

Can use craft (alchemy) to identify potions as if using Detect Magic
Hits: 38/43
AC Current: 22/17/19 +4 Shield
AC: 18 / 14 / 15 (Normal/Touch/Flatfooted)
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 32/50
Radiation Detector (4/10 charges)
Laser Pistol (Charges): 5/10
Batteries Charged): 16/20
Empty Battieries: 4 /20
Zzvkgrogk Special (Alchemical Ordinance): 8/12
Hero: 3/3


Iron Gods: Iron maps;

The group quickly retreats into the second floor. Breezer follows suite, not liking the black bird next to him "Wait for me!"

Yambul: Bluff DC 22: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Meanwhile, Yambul tries to call the attention of the other one, who bites the call, getting out of the mist to look at what is going up in the airlock.

The other bird squeezes through the stairs, following the group with loud squeaks "Qüiiiiii!"

Reaching out through the door, he tries to grasp Zzvkgrogk with one of his claws.
Claw: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 241d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
The force shield rebukes the attack, but it shimmers, as it is coming to the end of its duration.

The air ceases in the airlock, the entrance doors will be unlocked by the end of the round.

Blue: 53 (NL 5) damage, badly wounded
Red: 0 damage
Breezer: 27 damage
Chaance: 15 damage
Rhoreen: 0 damage, light 66 min, mage armor 16 h, heroism 47 min, filter mask
Yambul: 10 damage, chainsaw 47 min, heroism 67 min
Zzvkgrogk: 5 damage, heightened awareness 57 min, mutagen 57 min, shield 1 min
Rūha: 6 damage, barkskin 68 min, mage armor 16 h
Round 5: Rhoreen, Rūha, Zzvkgrogk, Yambul, Chaance, Breezer, Bird


Human (Kellid) He/Him

Status:
HP: 74/84 AC: 21 (t14, f18) Hero Points: 3
Weapon Equipped = Chainsaw (13/60m)
Conditions = Heroism
Chainsaw: Att: 8/3 BAB +5 Str +1 magic (-3 PA) Dam: +7 Str +1 magic (+9 PA) Crit: 15-20x2 DR: adamantine, magic Charges: 7/10
Falchion: Att: 8/3 BAB +5 Str +1 MW (-3 PA) Dam: +7 Str (+9 PA) Crit: 18-20x2 DR: adamantine
Chef’s knife: Att: 8/3 BAB +1 MW +5 Str / +2 Dex (-3 PA) Dam: +5 Str (+6 PA) Crit: 19-20x2 DR: none Rng: 10’
Studied: (blue) (mv|sw|im; +2 att, dam, bluff, disguise, intimidate, knowledge, perception, sense motive, stealth, survival)
Improved Iron Will (1/1d, reroll will save)
Spell (0/1d, st, Shield, cl7)
Spell Like (1/1d, st, Prestidigitation, cl1)
- - -

Yambul is eager to exit, but waits for the doors to do their thing.


Elf Bookworm/9

Round 4

Status:

AC = 18
HP = 37/52
Weapon Equipped = Elk Father's Bow
Condition(s) = None

"We stand our ground here? Or do we intend to keep running from the birds, Rhoreen?" Chaance pulls an arrow, then another, and fires at the dangerous beast at their heels, before stepping around the corner.

Elk Father's Bow...: 1d20 + 15 + 1 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (7) + 15 + 1 - 2 - 3 = 18 for 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 + 6 = 16 piercing, magical damage

Elk Father's Bow...: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 1 - 2 - 3 = 24 for 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 + 6 = 14 piercing, magical damage

Elk Father's Bow...: 1d20 + 15 + 1 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (15) + 15 + 1 - 2 - 3 = 26 for 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 + 6 = 16 piercing, magical damage


Female Kasatha Monk 9 | AC 33 T 25 FF 27 | CMD 32 | HP 59/59 | F +8 R +10 W +13 (+2 vs ench); Immune disease | Init +3 | Perc +18 | Advice 12/15 SF 10/10 Ki 7/10 | Active Status: --

Rūha readies her autograpnel, thinking to pull the oversized demonic bird away from her charges if they won't be distracted by anything else.


F Half-elf Craftsperson
Chaance wrote:
"We stand our ground here? Or do we intend to keep running from the birds, Rhoreen?"

”I just said that we should try to lock them in a room or something,” Rhoreen repeats herself, but is happy to stand behind Chaance if they are going to be in front. She is not willing to do such. She will happy fight as long as she is not attacked back.

Round 5

With Chaance shooting from the front side, Rhoreen etches out to cast and fire a pair of scorching rays at the creature.

1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 2 = 10 touch attack;
4d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 2, 1) = 11 fire damage

1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 2 = 20 touch attack;
4d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 5, 4) = 16 fire damage

Rhor & Lore:

HP: 50/50 + temp
AC: 12/12/10 (+4 w/Mage Armor)
F+4, R+5, W+8

Open spell slots:
Left Hand: nothing
Right Hand: Ember Staff (9/9 charges)

Lighten Up: 0/1 used
Rod of Extend, lesser: 2/3 used
PoP 1: 1/2 used

[ dice]1d20+6[/dice] ranged to hit;
[ dice]1d4-1[/dice] blunt damage

Phasing: The drinker gains the ability to become incorporeal for 1d4 rounds as a swift action, but takes 1 point of Con damage when he does so. Phasing can be extended as a free action by taking 1 additional point of Con damage. Coming out of phase inside a solid object is instantly fatal.

New usual morning magical protections: False Life 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 temp hp, extended Mage Armor (herself & Ruha, 16 hours), when we suspect trouble/dungeoneering extended Heroisms (herself & Yambul, 160 minutes). Rhor will don her filter mask when exploring when there is a chance at combat (dungeons and like), and keep it off when in town and among people.

Skymetal Omen: The subject of this omen is jinxed with the unquantifiable nature of skymetal. When the target makes an attack or saving throw during the next 2 rounds, it must roll twice and take the worse result. A DC 20 Will save negates this effect. 15/50.

Skymetal's Onus: The subject of this onus is infused with the unquantifiable nature of skymetal. The target can choose one attack or one saving throw during the next 2 rounds, it may roll twice and take the better result (choose before rolling). 45/50.

”I can do it myself!!”
[ dice]1d8+1[/dice] CLW
0/50 charges left.

"zzvkgrogk!"
2d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 4) + 2 = 9 force damage (9/50 left)

Haste 1/8: You realize that you might be the unknowing recipient of some unkind thoughts from someone very much like Rhoreen if you don’t get your ass in gear and kill the people who are annoying Rhor. You get +1 to your attacks, a bit more speed, and an extra angry attack if you do such things. You know the deal: don’t disappoint Rhor.

2nd—magic missile;
4th—knock;
6th—fireball;
8th—restoration;
10th—maximized scorching ray;
12th—mass bull’s strength;
14th—greater restoration;
16th—empowered and maximized fireball;
18th—empowered and maximized fire shield.


F Half-elf Craftsperson

1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 2 = 15 SR Check


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Iron Gods: Iron maps;

Two of Chaance's arrows stick deep on the black bird's feathers before she steps behind the corner cover.

Rhoreen sends forth flames from her fingers, one beam surprising the bird from the back, but failing to penetrate her magical defenses.

That is when Zzvkgrogk's grenade goes off!
Concussion grenade (bludgeoning damage): 5d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 2, 3, 3) = 20
Ref DC 15: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
The achaierai barely manages to hide behind the corner as the burst takes it from the back, leaving its ass pealed off of feathers.

Zzvkgrogk does something heroic!

"There are other stairs going down here! They bring to the entrance!" exclaims Breezer, who waits in the corner to see what others do.

You see the bird's eye through the door as it lowers its head to see you through the round door. It squeaks, trying to reach you desperately with the beak, but the ratfolk is too far away, and it barely manages to reach with the claws.
Claw: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 171d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Claw: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 251d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Barely because its small size, the bird does not manage to reach Zzvkgrogk's head!

The one at the third floor looks expectant at the opening door.

For whomever approaches blue first...:

AoO: Claw (reach 10'): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 301d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Readied attack: Bite: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 162d6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 6) + 6 = 18

The airlock finally unlocks!
Still requires a full-round action to open the wheel.

Blue: 53 (NL 5) damage, badly wounded
Red: 40 damage, considerably wounded
Breezer: 27 damage
Chaance: 15 damage
Rhoreen: 0 damage, light 66 min, mage armor 16 h, heroism 47 min, filter mask
Yambul: 10 damage, chainsaw 47 min, heroism 67 min
Zzvkgrogk: 5 damage, heightened awareness 57 min, mutagen 57 min, shield 1 min
Rūha: 6 damage, barkskin 68 min, mage armor 16 h
Round 5: Rhoreen, Rūha, Zzvkgrogk (x2), Yambul, Chaance, Breezer, Bird


Elf Bookworm/9

Round 5

Status:

AC = 18
HP = 37/52
Weapon Equipped = Elk Father's Bow
Condition(s) = None

"There. It's stalled. And it's not discouraged by our attacks. Breezy, the stairs are a good option, but remember there is a ghost in the walls."

Chaance fires three times, again, the furry pate of Zzvkgrogk hardly obstructive. She considers raising her voice against the beast, but calculates its futility. She hopes the pain of the projectiles is nature's way of discouraging the bird-thing from further hunting.

Elk Father's Bow...: 1d20 + 15 + 1 - 3 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 15 + 1 - 3 - 2 = 30 for 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 + 6 = 14 piercing, magical damage

Elk Father's Bow...: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 3 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 1 - 3 - 2 = 9 for 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 + 6 = 14 piercing, magical damage

Elk Father's Bow...: 1d20 + 15 + 1 - 3 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 15 + 1 - 3 - 2 = 22 for 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 1 + 6 = 18 piercing, magical damage


Male Ratfolk (Ysoki) Pedigree, Laser Specialist Lvl 6 / Lvl 1

Act I
Zzvkgrogk five foot steps into the room next to him, casts haste. He smiles when he hears his bomb explode.

Act II
When the malformed dodo fails to follow, he comes back out around the corner and blasts the iridescent birdy eye.

LaserPistol+: 1d20 + 13 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 13 + 1 - 2 = 30 Haste, Touch
For Damage: 1d6 + 6 + 4d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 6 + (1, 2, 3, 6) + 4 = 25 Zzvkgrogk Special, Deadly Aim
LaserPistol+: 1d20 + 13 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 13 + 1 - 2 = 24 Haste, Touch
For Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 Deadly Aim

Haste
LaserPistol+: 1d20 + 13 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 13 + 1 - 2 = 31 Haste, Touch
For Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 Deadly Aim, Don’t think he gets Zzvkgrogk Special on haste? If he does, an additional Damage: 4d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1, 3, 4) + 4 = 16 damage

Spells, Mutagen:

5 first, 4 Second, 2 Third
(1st) Shield(Yambul)
(1st) True Strike
(1st) Heightened Awareness
(1st) Heightened Awareness
(1st) Shield
(2nd) Barkskin
(2nd) Bullet Shield
(2nd) Cat’s Grace
(2nd) See Invisibility
(3rd) Fly
(3rd) Haste
Mutagen: (+4 Dex, 2 Wiz)

Ratus:

Can use craft (alchemy) to identify potions as if using Detect Magic
Hits: 38/43
AC Current: 27/18/20 +4 Shield, Mutagen, Haste
AC: 18 / 14 / 15 (Normal/Touch/Flatfooted)
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 32/50
Radiation Detector (4/10 charges)
Laser Pistol (Charges): 2/10
Batteries Charged): 16/20
Empty Battieries: 4 /20
Zzvkgrogk Special (Alchemical Ordinance): 7/12
Hero: 3/3


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Kasatha Monk 9 | AC 33 T 25 FF 27 | CMD 32 | HP 59/59 | F +8 R +10 W +13 (+2 vs ench); Immune disease | Init +3 | Perc +18 | Advice 12/15 SF 10/10 Ki 7/10 | Active Status: --

Rūha spins the wheel with her two free hands to open the way for Yambul to surge forth!


Human (Kellid) He/Him

Status:
HP: 67/84 AC: 21 (t14, f18) Hero Points: 3
Weapon Equipped = Chainsaw (13/60m)
Conditions = Heroism
Chainsaw: Att: 8/3 BAB +5 Str +1 magic (-3 PA) Dam: +7 Str +1 magic (+9 PA) Crit: 15-20x2 DR: adamantine, magic Charges: 7/10
Falchion: Att: 8/3 BAB +5 Str +1 MW (-3 PA) Dam: +7 Str (+9 PA) Crit: 18-20x2 DR: adamantine
Chef’s knife: Att: 8/3 BAB +1 MW +5 Str / +2 Dex (-3 PA) Dam: +5 Str (+6 PA) Crit: 19-20x2 DR: none Rng: 10’
Studied: (blue) (mv|sw|im; +2 att, dam, bluff, disguise, intimidate, knowledge, perception, sense motive, stealth, survival)
Improved Iron Will (1/1d, reroll will save)
Spell (0/1d, st, Shield, cl7)
Spell Like (1/1d, st, Prestidigitation, cl1)
- - -

”Thanks Rüha!” Yambul grins as the way is open for his assault.

He’ll 5’ step out (if he can, he starts off squeezing), study the beast (not sure about fog, but it looks clear), and attack! (If he had to move to get there, just one attack. If no studying -2 to hit/damage.)

Chainsaw: 1d20 + 14 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 14 + 4 = 21 (hero, studied) Miss just in case: 1d100 ⇒ 45
damage S: 3d6 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (1, 5, 2) + 17 + 2 = 27 (studied)

Chainsaw: 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 4 = 22 (hero, studied) Miss just in case: 1d100 ⇒ 57
damage S: 3d6 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4, 5) + 17 + 2 = 29 (studied)

He trips as he leaves the airlock which throws off his aim. He can only hope the backswing has a chance.


F Half-elf Craftsperson

Round 7

Rhoreen tries again with the staff, knowing she can do it and happy no one saw her earlier failure.

1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 2 = 29 touch attack;
4d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 5, 6) = 20 fire damage

1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 = 23 touch attack;
4d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 1, 1) = 12 fire damage

1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 = 29 SR

Pot Crit: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 2 = 27 touch attack;
4d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 1, 6) = 14 fire damage

Rhor & Lore:

HP: 50/50 + temp
AC: 12/12/10 (+4 w/Mage Armor)
F+4, R+5, W+8

Open spell slots:
Left Hand: nothing
Right Hand: Ember Staff (9/9 charges)

Lighten Up: 0/1 used
Rod of Extend, lesser: 2/3 used
PoP 1: 1/2 used

[ dice]1d20+6[/dice] ranged to hit;
[ dice]1d4-1[/dice] blunt damage

Phasing: The drinker gains the ability to become incorporeal for 1d4 rounds as a swift action, but takes 1 point of Con damage when he does so. Phasing can be extended as a free action by taking 1 additional point of Con damage. Coming out of phase inside a solid object is instantly fatal.

New usual morning magical protections: False Life 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 temp hp, extended Mage Armor (herself & Ruha, 16 hours), when we suspect trouble/dungeoneering extended Heroisms (herself & Yambul, 160 minutes). Rhor will don her filter mask when exploring when there is a chance at combat (dungeons and like), and keep it off when in town and among people.

Skymetal Omen: The subject of this omen is jinxed with the unquantifiable nature of skymetal. When the target makes an attack or saving throw during the next 2 rounds, it must roll twice and take the worse result. A DC 20 Will save negates this effect. 15/50.

Skymetal's Onus: The subject of this onus is infused with the unquantifiable nature of skymetal. The target can choose one attack or one saving throw during the next 2 rounds, it may roll twice and take the better result (choose before rolling). 45/50.

”I can do it myself!!”
[ dice]1d8+1[/dice] CLW
0/50 charges left.

"zzvkgrogk!"
2d4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 1) + 2 = 5 force damage (9/50 left)

Haste 1/8: You realize that you might be the unknowing recipient of some unkind thoughts from someone very much like Rhoreen if you don’t get your ass in gear and kill the people who are annoying Rhor. You get +1 to your attacks, a bit more speed, and an extra angry attack if you do such things. You know the deal: don’t disappoint Rhor.

2nd—magic missile;
4th—knock;
6th—fireball;
8th—restoration;
10th—maximized scorching ray;
12th—mass bull’s strength;
14th—greater restoration;
16th—empowered and maximized fireball;
18th—empowered and maximized fire shield.


Iron Gods: Iron maps;

Zzvkgrogk drinks an extract before starting to move super hastily and taking cover inside a room.

This leaves a clear shot for Chaance, who puts an arrow on the bird's face that grunts bothered.

Zzvkgrogk starts to shot after her, three of his laser beams impacting and burning more feathers, leaving nothing more than ember feathers for Rhoreen to scorch.
Rhoreen can save her staff charges

Breezer nods appreciating the burnt smell "Uau, good work there. You sure are just passersby?"

Meanwhile, upstairs, Rūha opens the door for Yambul, who is surprised by the bird's readied attack, forcing him to a bad position in order to fully dodge it, and from there, his attacks just land too soft to harm the bird-like outsider.

"Queik!!!" shouts the achaierai, fully going over the Kellid with beak and claws.
Bite: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 312d6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 2) + 6 = 12
Claw: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 301d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Claw: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 151d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
The beak bites the cook's right ear, while the claws tear through his poncho to bleed his side!

As only two characters are in combat and the bird is almost finished, let me...
Chainsaw: 1d20 + 14 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 14 + 4 = 37
damage S: 3d6 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (3, 1, 6) + 17 + 2 = 29
The monster is really on its legs, so when Yambul counterattacks, he easily tears through the monster, cutting through its wing and right leg with the chainsaw like cheese.

The bird falls dead to the ground full of black blood.

Combat is over!

Blue: 82 (NL 5) damage, dead
Red: 97 damage, dead
Breezer: 27 damage
Chaance: 15 damage
Rhoreen: 0 damage, light 66 min, mage armor 16 h, heroism 47 min, filter mask
Yambul: 30 damage, chainsaw 47 min, heroism 67 min
Zzvkgrogk: 5 damage, heightened awareness 57 min, mutagen 57 min, shield 1 min
Rūha: 6 damage, barkskin 68 min, mage armor 16 h

A later inspection of the lab where you found the mihstu air elemental, finds the dwarf that was his last victim had a few gems.

Loot:

garnet 500 gp
sapphire 4500 gp

Detect Magic:

A pale blue rhomboidal gem also in the dwarf shines with magic.
Spellcraft DC 27


F Half-elf Craftsperson

Rhoreen is happy to not have to waste charges using her staff, but is equally annoyed that her sure-fire attacks would have been devastating, and everyone should have seen them. But no matter, she will move over to check the body for things of interest before moving back up the stairs.

She does like to search with Detect Magic and when she does, she tries to identify the strange magical gem.

1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 17 + 2 = 35 Spellcraft

She offers the spinnable gem to both Yambul and Ruha. ”You guys want to fight over this? It’s pretty keen.”

She waits for others to heal and collect themselves before deciding what to do next.


Human (Kellid) He/Him

Yambul is happy they found some things of value, but grins when Rhoreen suggests fighting for it. "Rüha, you should take this I think. I do plenty of damage, but you could use an edge there, even if a small one. I need dexterity to avoid getting hit so much!" he chuckles in addition.

Oh! And he'll line up for a touch of healing.

CLW: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (8, 2) + 2 = 12


Elf Bookworm/9

"Well done, Zzvkgrogk. That weapon serves you well." Chaance maneuvers around the carcass, and back up the stairs, joining the others on the third floor, hoping the momentum will carry them upwards still.


F Half-elf Craftsperson

When others are ready, Rhoreeen will look to check out the door near F13.

"Well, there can't be much more awful like that around. I mean, what did those birds even survive on to eat? How are they still alive?" Rhoreen asks, wondering.


Iron Gods: Iron maps;

There are two more doors in this floor, as well as some stairs going up, the ones from where the bird-like outsiders descended.

The one door to the south is also an airlock, this one a bit bigger inside, so three people could squeeze in.

K. engineering DC 15 (airlock):

You distinguish how the locking mechanism works, and think it can be disabled with the appropriate tools.
Disable Device 35

Of course, the door could be just broken (Strength DC 28) or bashed down with a pick or similarly appropriate tool (hardness 10, hp 60).


F Half-elf Craftsperson

1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 18 + 2 = 26 Know (Engineering)

Rhoreen will explain about the airlock.

"...and I think this one holds three people," she smugly explains.


Iron Gods: Iron maps;

Rhoreen opens the eastern doors into another stair ledge.

F14. Third-Floor Stairwell
These circular stone stairs ascend to the next floor.

Perception DC 20:

You notice another nanite cocoon here, wedged near the ceiling in the northern part of the stairwell.
Strength DC 14 to unplug


Male Ratfolk (Ysoki) Pedigree, Laser Specialist Lvl 6 / Lvl 1

"And yours you," Zzvkgrogk responds to Chaance. "Those people over in Iadenveigh are pretty nice. Thanks Elk Father!" Zzvkgrogk pats the bow before hurrying up the stairs ahead of Chaance. ”Hurry! Lets save Yambul and Rūha!”

He strides and springs into the room, relieved to find Yambul and Rūha are in one piece. He pulls out the wand and distributes to whoever needs it.

CLW: 2d8 + 1 ⇒ (2, 7) + 1 = 10

Zzvkgrogk checks out the airlock.

DisableDevDC35: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (10) + 20 = 30 Using epick +4

He puzzles over it for a bit before giving up. ”I can try again later.”

"We're not even halfway up this tower. Are you sure you do not want to take rest? Besides, I am looking forward to seeing what Cook Boy does with those fancy peppers we found."

Percept: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 15 + 2 = 32

"Oooh, another shiney cocoon! Should we try taking it near that airlock? Or. maybe we should try the first one we found, first." He points toward the ceiling in the airlock.

Spells, Mutagen:

5 first, 4 Second, 2 Third
(1st) Shield(Yambul)
(1st) True Strike
(1st) Heightened Awareness
(1st) Heightened Awareness
(1st) Shield
(2nd) Barkskin
(2nd) Bullet Shield
(2nd) Cat’s Grace
(2nd) See Invisibility
(3rd) Fly
(3rd) Haste
Mutagen: (+4 Dex, 2 Wiz)

Ratus:

Can use craft (alchemy) to identify potions as if using Detect Magic
Hits: 43/43
AC Current: 27/17/19 +4 Shield, mutagen, Natural
AC: 18 / 14 / 15 (Normal/Touch/Flatfooted)
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 28/50
Radiation Detector (4/10 charges)
Laser Pistol (Charges): 5/10
Batteries Charged): 16/20
Empty Battieries: 4 /20
Zzvkgrogk Special (Alchemical Ordinance): 6/12
Hero: 3/3


Human (Kellid) He/Him

Strength: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 vs DC 14

Yambul breaks off the nanites and takes out the others. He moves up to the airlock door and waves them both around before replacing them in his pack for safe keeping.

"Maybe we should leave the airlock stuff in place until we're sure there's nothing noxious in there. If that's even what that means."

Is the airlock locked and the disable device is to open a door at all? Or does the disable device open both doors at the same time? I has confusion.

"I don't think we should rest quite yet. Let's try for half way up before breaking?" He thinks, and then reconsiders, realizing his mistake, "Let's at least clear this airlock and maybe look where the bird-things came from. Then decide what our options are. 'cause yeah, we're not in a particular hurry at the moment - are we?"


Male Ratfolk (Ysoki) Pedigree, Laser Specialist Lvl 6 / Lvl 1

If we’re not in any hurry Zzvkgrogk will take 20 to disable the lock.


Elf Bookworm/9

Knowledge(Engineering) v DC 15: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Disable Device v DC 35: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35

Chaance sees the next airlock, sees Zzvkgrogk struggle to open it, so takes the initiative to do it herself. "Allow me. I agree with Yambul. We should push forward, especially if your claim that Furkas-ghost is injured, and may take the time we use to rest to gain his strength back."

Once the airlock is bested, the android steps back, for the leaders to move forward.


Female Kasatha Monk 9 | AC 33 T 25 FF 27 | CMD 32 | HP 59/59 | F +8 R +10 W +13 (+2 vs ench); Immune disease | Init +3 | Perc +18 | Advice 12/15 SF 10/10 Ki 7/10 | Active Status: --

Earlier:

Rūha emerges from the airlock in time to see the widespread carnage. At least everyone in her team seems to be mostly in one piece. Once she checks that the group isn't also going to be assaulted by Xoud in the midst of recovering, she follows the others back through the airlock to do a more thorough exploration of the lab.

At the offer of the strength enhancing gem, she shakes her head "It would be wasted on me. The self-defense style I learned doesn't rely on strength, and I can't imagine any magical augmentation will bring my fists up to becoming a meaningful threat to the foes we face." (it's only +1 damage since I don't rely on str for anything else. Yambul should probably make use of it)

Rūha looks over the remaining airlock with a little more confidence after the speed with which the group seemed to have been able to deal with the other threats. She inspects it for any hazards first and then tries operating it, in case it's currently still functional. She answers Yambul "No, not in a rush at all. We should take our exploration of this place carefully and slowly."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
F Half-elf Craftsperson
Yambul wrote:
"Rüha, you should take this I think. I do plenty of damage, but you could use an edge there, even if a small one."
Rūha wrote:
"It would be wasted on me. The self-defense style I learned doesn't rely on strength, and I can't imagine any magical augmentation will bring my fists up to becoming a meaningful threat to the foes we face."

Rhoreen listens to the fierce fight over the magical stone, sensing the simmering emotions underneath. How long before they are politely opening the door for each other? Or asking how the other is doing?

Rhoreen will follow the others through the airlock or other locations.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Iron Gods: Iron maps;

Zzvkgrogk heals Yambul with the wand, then Chaance.

The Kellid detaches the other nanite cocoon from the wall, and stores it with the first one.

Yambul wrote:
Is the airlock locked and the disable device is to open a door at all? Or does the disable device open both doors at the same time? I has confusion.

DD was to disable the locking mechanism that prevents both doors to be open at the same time. No locked door, I just wanted to give visibility to this option.

Zzvkgrogk obfuscates on a procedure to break the airlock mechanism by overloading the electronic board, but after some initial failure Chaance points out another different way. Working together, this more mechanical limiting the moment of the pressure valves, results on an easy disarm. Now both doors in the southern airlock can be open at the same time.

Rhoreen observes the tension from the distance, while Rūha enters the airlock to have a look through the small window there.

F17. Lab 3: Gaseous Ooze Research
The tables and shelves in this large laboratory are all coated with a thin greenish slime. One desk is heaped with pages of notes, and a beautifully crafted blue and white silk robe hangs from the chair next to it. A large glass tank atop the easternmost table is shattered and shards of glass litter the floor of the room, while a pale green haze floats in the air.

K. arcana DC 16:

The green haze is no mere gas, it is actually a hungry fog, a gaseous ooze with negative energy affinity.

The airlock has kept it sure here trapped, but opening the door just a crevice, will be enough for it to escape.

The creature is vulnerable to wind and can be damaged by positive energy but it is not an undead.

Her damage is purely negative energy, and thus, someone using a death ward spell or similar effect, could finish this creature with 0 risk.

"That is the lab were Anada Visk was working. Xoud assigned her to research how certain gaseous creatures exhibit similarities to ooze creatures, combining features of vaporous and protoplasmic life." Breezer explains while you look through the glass "Sic. Or so I understood the only time she had a real talk with me"

Zzvkgrogk's shield spell fades off and disappears.

Breezer: 27 damage
Chaance: 5 damage
Rhoreen: 0 damage, light 64 min, mage armor 16 h, heroism 45 min, filter mask
Yambul: 18 damage, chainsaw 45 min, heroism 65 min
Zzvkgrogk: 5 damage, heightened awareness 55 min, mutagen 55 min
Rūha: 6 damage, barkskin 66 min, mage armor 16 h


Male Ratfolk (Ysoki) Pedigree, Laser Specialist Lvl 6 / Lvl 1

"Thank you Chaance, I have much to learn about disabling devices."

Zzvkgrogk peers into the window and observes the room, especially the green vapor as Breezer explains.

KnowArcana: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28

"Oh, I heard of these before -- that Anada and Xoud created a hungry fog?! It deals negative energy damage and can be countered with wind and positive energy even though it is not undead. Opening the second door just a tiny bit would be enough for it to escape."

He turns to the group. "Death ward would be very useful here, if anyone has it."

Assuming the group is moving on, he quaffs an extract of Barkskin.

Hrm... could use more peach.

Spells, Mutagen:

5 first, 4 Second, 2 Third[/b ]
(1st) Shield(Yambul)
(1st) True Strike
(1st) Heightened Awareness
(1st) Heightened Awareness
(1st) Shield
(2nd) Barkskin
(2nd) Bullet Shield
(2nd) Cat’s Grace
(2nd) See Invisibility
(3rd) Fly
(3rd) Haste
Mutagen: (+4 Dex, 2 Wiz)

Ratus:

Can use craft (alchemy) to identify potions as if using Detect Magic
Hits: 38/43
[b]AC Current: 25/16/20
+3 Barkskin, mutagen, Natural
AC: 18 / 14 / 15 (Normal/Touch/Flatfooted)
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 28/50
Radiation Detector (4/10 charges)
Laser Pistol (Charges): 5/10
Batteries Charged): 16/20
Empty Battieries: 4 /20
Zzvkgrogk Special (Alchemical Ordinance): 6/12
Hero: 3/3


Female Kasatha Monk 9 | AC 33 T 25 FF 27 | CMD 32 | HP 59/59 | F +8 R +10 W +13 (+2 vs ench); Immune disease | Init +3 | Perc +18 | Advice 12/15 SF 10/10 Ki 7/10 | Active Status: --

"How horrible." Rūha peers through the viewglass for a short while before letting the others take their turn. "If this hungry fog is as bad as you say, if we don't have a ready supply of wind and positive energy, maybe we can leave it alone until we're ready. Undoubtedly there are some useful and educational things in there if we can deal with it."


F Half-elf Craftsperson

Assuming she was invited to look, Rhoreen tries to see what might be seen.

1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 17 + 2 = 33 Know (Arcana) DRs? Special attacks?

”Oh, that’s a nasty fog,” Rhoreen explains and agrees with Zzvkgrogk (see spoiler). ”I think we can probably take it if we’re aiming to make this tower safe for ourselves. I’m not sure why a dangerously incompetent wizard would want all these nefarious creatures around, but Xoud appeared to like them.”

”I think we can just chop it up with magic blades and the like. Maybe fire too. We’ll get it.”


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human (Kellid) He/Him

GM Rutseg, I did some healing (link), so I think I’m only down 6.

Yambul looks at the misty creature, ”So a spell or scroll or something will get us past that thing with no harm done? Do we need to come back from town with a scroll or something?”

”Let’s check the open area where the birds came from. Just to see what’s there. Might be some loot in their nests.” Yambul’s stomach gargles, Maybe eggs for lunch, is it time to eat?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Elf Bookworm/9
Zzvkgrogk wrote:
"Thank you Chaance, I have much to learn about disabling devices."

"Your little fingers are far more dextrous than mine. It will prove the deciding factor if our skills are tested equally."

The android watches from the rear, waiting for the group to reach consensus. It sounds like they may take to the next floor higher, then take a break. She decides that they'll likely retreat from the tower altogether to do so, rather than risk holing up in one of the rooms and welcoming another spectre attack.

"The ratfolk just consumed something, which means the human has turned a mental hourglass and will insist we not tarry?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Iron Gods: Iron maps;

Zzvkgrogk consumes an extract and his fur turns brownish and way more sturdy.

The group continues their search after Casandalee's memories and her neurocam taking the stairs up.

F18. Fourth-Floor Atrium
A wide balcony overlooks a spacious atrium here, its low iron railing wrought with geometric symbols. A window high on the west wall is protected by narrow metal slats. Three doors stand in the east wall, but only the central door remains intact, with a short message written above it. The northern door has a hole burrowed through it, while the southern one has been completely smashed apart.

The eastern door that still persists here is labelled "Lab 4: Animal Research".

To the southeast, you carefully jump over the fallen doors from where the Achaierais birds broke out. You read the sign on one of these doors "Lab 5: Infernal Vapors Research".

F21. Lab 5: Infernal Vapors Research
Both doors to this room are battered outward and hang askew on their hinges. The furnishings within—a pair of large metal cages and a desk—have been smashed to pieces and pushed together into a large nest.

The achaierais have formed here a crude nest from mangled metal and splintered wood. The nest contains the disemboweled remains of one of Furkas’s assistants and the assistant’s vest shines with magic.

Detect magic+Spellcraft DC 16:

"Ouch, poor Ringo" comments Breezer at the sight of the dead body "Things have really gotten out of control here eh."

Finally, you can look through the hole at the northern door, it leads to a chamber that connects to another set of stairs going down.

F19. Fourth-Floor Stairwell
A hole has been burrowed through the southern wall here. A similar hole to the one burrowed through the door to the atrium.

Survival DC 20:

You find a piece of golden fur, probably from the creature that burrowed through this wall and door.

K. arcana DC 19

Spoiler:
You recognize the fur and burrowing to be from an aurumvorax most probably.

Aurumvoraxes are very aggressive creatures, and lead solitary lives except when they mate. Adults typically claim the hunting area within a mile of their warrens, ruthlessly driving away other predators. In addition to fresh meat, aurumvoraxes are fond of gnawing on metals (particularly gold and copper), though whether they do this to sharpen their teeth or because of some nutritional need is unknown. The avaricious appetite of aurumvoraxes has earned them the appellation "golden gorger" among dwarves, who have lost more than a few miners to the dangerous beasts.

In battle, an aurumvorax latches onto its victim with its jaws and gouges savage wounds with its claws. It rarely looses its grip before it or its foe is dead. It typically attacks the nearest living creature regardless of size, and ignores any wounds it suffers at the hands of others until its prey is dead.

Adult aurumvoraxes are impossible to train, but their offspring are valued for training as guard beasts. A healthy aurumvorax kit can be sold for 5,000 gp or more to a discerning buyer. Female aurumvoraxes rarely give birth to more than one offspring at a time, and are ferociously protective of their young.

An aurumvorax drags its prey back to its lair to consume at its leisure, and its bone-midden often contains valuable belongings from past kills.


Breezer: 27 damage
Chaance: 5 damage
Rhoreen: 0 damage, light 64 min, mage armor 16 h, heroism 45 min, filter mask
Yambul: 18 damage, chainsaw 45 min, heroism 65 min
Zzvkgrogk: 5 damage, heightened awareness 55 min, mutagen 55 min, barkskin 80 min
Rūha: 6 damage, barkskin 66 min, mage armor 16 h

New 4th floor map is available!


Elf Bookworm/9

Survival v DC 20: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21
Knowledge(Arcana) v DC 19: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27 +2 if Alien

"Caution. There's a probability that we're going to encounter an aurumvorax ahead." Chaance plucks the fur, and shows it to the others. "Some call them 'golden gorgers'. They can masticate metals. If they latch on, we need to kill it to separate you from its jaws." Chaance looks at Rūha, suspecting she has the greater odds of an arm becoming ensnared.

"If it's a she, she may be naturally more protective if she's given birth recently. If we're pillaging the tower, the aurumvorax may have had time to create a lair, where we'll find its collection of teeth grinds. Also, its gut."


Human (Kellid) He/Him

Status:
HP: 84/84 AC: 21 (t14, f18) Hero Points: 3
Weapon Equipped = Chainsaw (45m)
Conditions = Heroism (65m)
Chainsaw: Att: 8/3 BAB +5 Str +1 magic (-3 PA) Dam: +7 Str +1 magic (+9 PA) Crit: 15-20x2 DR: adamantine, magic Charges: 7/10
Falchion: Att: 8/3 BAB +5 Str +1 MW (-3 PA) Dam: +7 Str (+9 PA) Crit: 18-20x2 DR: adamantine
Chef’s knife: Att: 8/3 BAB +1 MW +5 Str / +2 Dex (-3 PA) Dam: +5 Str (+6 PA) Crit: 19-20x2 DR: none Rng: 10’
Studied: (blue) (mv|sw|im; +2 att, dam, bluff, disguise, intimidate, knowledge, perception, sense motive, stealth, survival)
Improved Iron Will (1/1d, reroll will save)
Spell (0/1d, st, Shield, cl7)
Spell Like (1/1d, st, Prestidigitation, cl1)
- - -

Rūha wrote:
At the offer of the strength enhancing gem, she shakes her head "It would be wasted on me. The self-defense style I learned doesn't rely on strength, and I can't imagine any magical augmentation will bring my fists up to becoming a meaningful threat to the foes we face." (it's only +1 damage since I don't rely on str for anything else. Yambul should probably make use of it)

Sorry - totally missed responding to this!

Yambul takes the ioun stone from Rüha with thanks, ”I can certainly use it!” He grins as he tosses it overhead. He spends some time wondering how the magics know not to hit each other - now that he has two ioun stones (one light) floating around up there.

Yambul, not a strong mathematician, needs further healing and does so.
CLW: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (8, 8) + 2 = 18

”Hey, we should heal Breezer too. Just in case…” he suggests too also.

He starts to look for tracks when Chaance produces the fur, ”Good find Chaance!” He listens the description, ”So it’s gut is outside it’s body?’ he asks confused.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Half-elf Craftsperson

Rhoreen will identify the magics, and smugly does so as she’s so good at it.

1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 17 + 2 = 23 Spellcraft

”Why would he need room signs? Does he forget that easily what each room is for? What he leading tours? Is this a stop on the Flatulent Crazy Mage Tower Tour or something?” Rhoreen says, before being drawn into what Chaance has revealed.

”An aurumvorax? Here? Are you certain?” she moves to confirm, having her own questions.

1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 17 + 2 = 21 Know (Arcana) DRs? Special attacks?

We’re right back in the Expedition to Barrier Peaks!

”By the gods, I think you are right? But here? Why here?” Rhoreen looks around, ember staff in hand.

She stands by the door as if expecting the aurumvorax to come out any moment.

Let’s open the door?


Iron Gods: Iron maps;

The aurumvorax does not come out despite Rhoreen waits in front of the door.

"Maybe the auromvorax is not there anymore" proposes Breezer with calm tone.

Breezer: 27 damage
Chaance: 5 damage
Rhoreen: 0 damage, light 64 min, mage armor 16 h, heroism 45 min, filter mask
Yambul: 0 damage, chainsaw 45 min, heroism 65 min
Zzvkgrogk: 5 damage, heightened awareness 55 min, mutagen 55 min, barkskin 80 min
Rūha: 6 damage, barkskin 66 min, mage armor 16 h


Elf Bookworm/9

Chaance looks confused for a moment. "No, if we're inventorying the Tower's riches, we should investigate not only the aurumvorax's lair, but also its stomach, within the creature. After it's dead." The android pauses a moment to make sure the cook has no further questions, then tries to open the door to the room yet to be searched.


Female Kasatha Monk 9 | AC 33 T 25 FF 27 | CMD 32 | HP 59/59 | F +8 R +10 W +13 (+2 vs ench); Immune disease | Init +3 | Perc +18 | Advice 12/15 SF 10/10 Ki 7/10 | Active Status: --

"An aurumvorax?" Ruha listens with interest as Chaance explains the traits of the creatures "Are they a similar species to those rust monsters in Scrapwall? Certainly toothier from the way you describe them. That said, I feel more comfortable keeping a beast at bay, no matter how many claws, than some kind of life draining necromantic fog, like the one downstairs." She steps up into the corridor and listens near the breach in the wall to hear if there might be any breathing beyond. If she does hear something, she waits to see if it'll be lured out by her presence. If not, she returns to the door and readies to open it in place of Chaance, with the appropriate warnings based on what she heard down the corridor.

"Certainly this tower is quite the buffet for the those aurumvorax. Maybe we'll find them sleeping off their meal?"

I'll open to take the brunt of the pounce experience :)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Ratfolk (Ysoki) Pedigree, Laser Specialist Lvl 6 / Lvl 1

Did Zzvkgrogk take more damage?

Breezer wrote:
”Things have really gotten out of control here eh."”

”You are still here among us?!” Zzvkgrogk exclaims. ”Well, you are courageous – here. Thanks for showing your mettle repeatedly.”

CLW: 4d8 + 5 ⇒ (3, 7, 4, 8) + 5 = 27 Breezer
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 Chaance
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 Rūha

”All of you.”

Chaance wrote:
”Caution … They can masticate metals

”Do you mean like Uncle Wiskifiss’s itty bitty rust monster?! Well, we do have plenty of scrap…” he states, glancing at his haversack.

Zzvkgrogk looks back and forth between his companions as they discuss and becomes very confused.

Chaance wrote:
”If we're pillaging the tower, the aurumvorax may have had time to create a lair, where we'll find its collection of teeth grinds. Also, its gut."
Yambul wrote:
”So it’s gut is outside it’s body?’
Rhoreen wrote:
An aurumvorax? Here? Are you certain?”

He takes the shiny vest from the black birds nest, being careful to not touch the not-aurumvorax-gut.

Breezer wrote:
”Maybe the auromvorax is not there anymore"
Chaance wrote:
” .. aurumvorax … stomach”

”Oh, I see!” Zzvkgrogk exclaims, all becoming clear to him now. ”More half digested scrap!”

He looks for traps and whatnot before the door is opened.

Percept: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 16 + 2 = 34

Spells, Mutagen:

5 first, 4 Second, 2 Third[/b ]
(1st) Shield(Yambul)
(1st) True Strike
(1st) Heightened Awareness
(1st) Heightened Awareness
(1st) Shield
(2nd) Barkskin
(2nd) Bullet Shield
(2nd) Cat’s Grace
(2nd) See Invisibility
(3rd) Fly
(3rd) Haste
Mutagen: (+4 Dex, 2 Wiz)

Ratus:

Can use craft (alchemy) to identify potions as if using Detect Magic
Hits: 38/43
[b]AC Current: 25/19/20
+3 Barkskin, mutagen, Natural
AC: 18 / 14 / 15 (Normal/Touch/Flatfooted)
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 22/50
Radiation Detector (4/10 charges)
Laser Pistol (Charges): 2/10
Batteries Charged): 16/20
Empty Battieries: 4 /20
Zzvkgrogk Special (Alchemical Ordinance): 6/12
Hero: 3/3


F Half-elf Craftsperson

Has the map changed, the new room revealed? I think I have a confuse.

Rhoreen stops short of calling for the aurumvorax like a lost kitten, but keenly does want to know where it is rather than where it is not.

”I would hate to have this thing behind us, even as we look for the ghost that wants to kill us too. That’s a lot to worry about.”


Human (Kellid) He/Him

Yambul readies to burst through the door when it's opened. If it's already opened, he lingers keeping an eye out for ghosts.


Iron Gods: Iron maps;

Zzvkgrogk's healing was previously applied to Chaance, he further heals her and others.

Rūha hears through the hole, and listens soft metal ripping sounds.

Chaance opens the door, revealing another airlock. Fortunately, this one is large enough for the whole party to go inside, with just one person squeezing. Rūha takes the lead here, opening the door first in line.

F20. Lab 4: Animal Research
A foul, musky smell fills this room. The room is crammed with hundreds of metal cages and boxes strewn about haphazardly. Much of the metal in this room is twisted and gnawed, and the remains of several dismantled metal automatons lie in pieces on the floor.

As the tower descended into chaos, the animals living in this lab were eventually killed by the room’s most vicious occupant, an aurumvorax. Apparently the creature found his way out of the lair to hunt for more tasty food.

You find him feeding on the body of a recently destroyed robot. Powerful muscles ripple beneath the golden fur of this small yet fearsome eight-legged beast.

Initiative:

Chaance: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Rhoreen: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Rūha: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Yambul: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Zzvkgrogk (+2 more Mutagen): 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 2 = 14
Aurumvorax: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Rūha is ready, but the aurumvorax has lightning reflexes as it jumps forward very aggressively upon the intruder!
bite (flatfooted): 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 321d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Grab: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (5) + 24 = 29
The creature marks his jaws on Rūha's leg, the aurumvorax tries to keep an aggressive hold on his victim, but the Kasatha profits the superiority of her many limbs to counter-block the maneuver.

Breezer:
Chaance:
Rhoreen: light 63 min, mage armor 16 h, heroism 44 min, filter mask
Yambul: chainsaw 44 min, heroism 64 min
Zzvkgrogk: heightened awareness 54 min, mutagen 54 min, barkskin 79 min
Rūha: 7 damage, barkskin 65 min, mage armor 16 h
Round 1: Aurumvorax, Rūha, Zzvkgrogk, Rhoreen, Chaance, Yambul


F Half-elf Craftsperson

Round 1

"Ayep, I think we found it! And yeah, seems like it can eat anything!" Rhoreen smugly for correctly knowing this fact. She tries to jinx the creature.

Skymetal Omen: The subject of this omen is jinxed with the unquantifiable nature of skymetal. When the target makes an attack or saving throw during the next 2 rounds, it must roll twice and take the worse result. A DC 20 Will save negates this effect. 17/50.

Rhor & Lore:

HP: 50/50 + temp
AC: 12/12/10  (+4 w/Mage Armor)
F+4, R+5, W+8

Open spell slots:
Left Hand: nothing
Right Hand: Ember Staff (5/9 charges)

Lighten Up: 0/1 used
Rod of Extend, lesser: 2/3 used
PoP 1: 1/2 used

[ dice]1d20+6[/dice] ranged to hit;
[ dice]1d4-1[/dice] blunt damage

Phasing: The drinker gains the ability to become incorporeal for 1d4 rounds as a swift action, but takes 1 point of Con damage when he does so. Phasing can be extended as a free action by taking 1 additional point of Con damage. Coming out of phase inside a solid object is instantly fatal.

New usual morning magical protections: False Life 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 temp hp, extended Mage Armor (herself & Ruha, 16 hours), when we suspect trouble/dungeoneering extended Heroisms (herself & Yambul, 160 minutes). Rhor will don her filter mask when exploring when there is a chance at combat (dungeons and like), and keep it off when in town and among people.

Skymetal Omen: The subject of this omen is jinxed with the unquantifiable nature of skymetal. When the target makes an attack or saving throw during the next 2 rounds, it must roll twice and take the worse result. A DC 20 Will save negates this effect. 17/50.

Skymetal's Onus: The subject of this onus is infused with the unquantifiable nature of skymetal. The target can choose one attack or one saving throw during the next 2 rounds, it may roll twice and take the better result (choose before rolling).  45/50.

”I can do it myself!!”
[ dice]1d8+1[/dice] CLW
0/50 charges left.

"zzvkgrogk!"
2d4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 3) + 2 = 7 force damage (9/50 left)

Haste 1/8: You realize that you might be the unknowing recipient of some unkind thoughts from someone very much like Rhoreen if you don’t get your ass in gear and kill the people who are annoying Rhor. You get +1 to your attacks, a bit more speed, and an extra angry attack if you do such things. You know the deal: don’t disappoint Rhor.

2nd—magic missile;
4th—knock;
6th—fireball;
8th—restoration;
10th—maximized scorching ray;
12th—mass bull’s strength;
14th—greater restoration;
16th—empowered and maximized fireball;
18th—empowered and maximized fire shield.


Male Ratfolk (Ysoki) Pedigree, Laser Specialist Lvl 6 / Lvl 1

Zzvkgrogk is devastated by the evidence of caged animals. ”XOUD! YOU MONSTER!”

Since the cowardly ghost is nowhere to be seen he takes his anger out on the golden furred aurumvorax.

”What’s in your gullet?”

rtchrtchrtchrtchrtchrtch

LaserPistol+: 1d20 + 14 + 1 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 14 + 1 - 2 - 4 = 28 Touch, SemiAuto, -Cover
For Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 Deadly Aim
LaserPistol+: 1d20 + 14 + 1 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 14 + 1 - 2 - 4 = 21 Touch, SemiAuto, -Cover
For Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 Deadly Aim

Spells, Mutagen:

5 first, 4 Second, 2 Third[/b ]
(1st) Shield(Yambul)
(1st) True Strike
(1st) Heightened Awareness
(1st) Heightened Awareness
(1st) Shield
(2nd) Barkskin
(2nd) Bullet Shield
(2nd) Cat’s Grace
(2nd) See Invisibility
(3rd) Fly
(3rd) Haste
Mutagen: (+4 Dex, 2 Wiz)

Ratus:

Can use craft (alchemy) to identify potions as if using Detect Magic
Hits: 38/43
[b]AC Current: 25/19/20
+3 Barkskin, mutagen, Natural
AC: 18 / 14 / 15 (Normal/Touch/Flatfooted)
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 22/50
Radiation Detector (4/10 charges)
Laser Pistol (Charges): 0/10
Batteries Charged): 15/20
Empty Battieries: 5 /20
Zzvkgrogk Special (Alchemical Ordinance): 6/12
Hero: 3/3


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Kasatha Monk 9 | AC 33 T 25 FF 27 | CMD 32 | HP 59/59 | F +8 R +10 W +13 (+2 vs ench); Immune disease | Init +3 | Perc +18 | Advice 12/15 SF 10/10 Ki 7/10 | Active Status: --

Rūha tears herself free of the beast's jaws and launches a counter-punch of her own. (And adding stunning fist, DC22 Fort or stunned 1 rd on hit)

Unarmed Strike: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14 Damage (B): 1d10 ⇒ 7

When the edge of her stiffened hand only meets golden fur, she switches tactics. She grabs a hold of the fur and uses it as leverage to tumble over the aurumvorax and to its other side as a distraction!

Acrobatics (tumble through): 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (2) + 21 = 23
Hero point reroll: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (19) + 21 = 40

3,951 to 4,000 of 4,438 << first < prev | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [AP] Iron Gods by GM Rutseg - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.